Self-harm

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Kakashi, May 23, 2012.

?

Have you ever self-harmed?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. No, and I have never thought about it

16 vote(s)
    48.5%
  3. No, but I have considered doing it before

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reece56364

Reece56364 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    People like you are never wrong eh? I pity you, I really do.

2. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Look, like I said, you can be upset if you want and your replies show you have some sort of emotional attachment, I get that. However, you should not let whatever 'attachment' that is cloud your head. I know what I'm saying is a fact because I've been on the other end of it, you know, caring about someone and for the longest time not knowing... It changes people. Now seriously, if you can't be civil, at least have decency to not respond and try to provoke me. Be more mature than that...

3. Reece56364

Reece56364 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I reply because you trying to throw your opinion out as a fact. And for the sake of this thread I've been on both sides too. Yes it's upsetting to know that your friends self harm, but what I'm saying is that if you don't know about it then it can't hurt you. I'm not saying it's a good thing to cut, nor am I saying that everyone does it for attention, because they don't.

4. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    ...Who said everyone does it for attention? And my 'opinion'? Excuse me? It's obvious you don't really comprehend what I'm trying to say. Even if you 'don't know', it changes the person for the worse. Self-harm never improves a situation... So pretty much your argument is just... Well... Invalid.

5. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Do you think people self-harm because it seems like fun? No. They (we) do it because they have a chemical imbalance. A DISEASE. Depression/bipolar disorder/whatever else is a disease. If you can't understand that's fine. But that's just because you're not even trying to understand. You are an ignorant, self-centered little child. You don't understand anything, whether it's depression or politics of social issues. Reality is the last thing you want to face. You act like you're still 13.

6. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Oh for God's sakes Kakashi, the last thing I need is your self-absorbed bullsh*t. We already went over this and I won't play your little pity party game again. Your "Disease" does not cause you to cut your damn wrist. It causes you to feel sad or lonely and then you choose to cut yourself. Ok? Got that Kakashi? You choose to do that and that is selfish. I am unapologetic to people who are so far up their own asses that all they can see is themselves.

7. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Forgot to add this, the reason I seriously dislike talking with you Jeff is because you insist on putting words in my mouth...

8. Reece56364

Reece56364 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Exactly what I'm trying to say. Nobody just randomly thinks "lets hurt myself, it will be fun". It's all got its reasons, and for someone who has no idea to sit there and say that its selfish and self centred is pathetic.

9. Lord Yuan

Lord Yuan Death-Thousand+

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I can objectively say that killing myself would probably be for the greater good. Would it be good for the people that know me personally? No, but to me they are the ones who are self-centered. They can't see beyond the scope of their world. Every day so many people die, and if just one they know dies they shatter.

Ray, I'm staying alive because I am selfish and self-centered, because I think that I still have potential when every objective result slaps me in the face and says "No". I have no lasting use on this world unless I want to take up a low class job so I can fill my ugly holes with food and drink to make my brain feel special and like it is doing a good job.

You can't make generalizations about something like this, it varies from person to person. It is too subjective to be debated. Even I'm clearly biased. A mod should have locked this thread a long time ago. Those who suffer aren't wanted, only the fit survive, so we must perish while they have BBQs and trade stocks so they can buy cool cars and die doing nothing for this world.

10. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Oh for God's sake, that's precisely what I was talking about. I never once even insinuated that people cut themselves for fun you git. If you can't understand that, which obviously you can't, take the time to read what I actually wrote and process it.

11. Reece56364

Reece56364 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Josh, I think you need to open your eyes a little and get rid of that stupid ****ing me mentality that you have. If people deal with certain things j. Their own ways, who are you to criticize it? You're no better that anyone else, so don't act it.

12. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    And Yuan, I really cannot juggle three people at one time, sorry but I've got a couple of children who want to debate like they're in elementary school...

13. Lord Yuan

Lord Yuan Death-Thousand+

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Everybody is losing their heads, if they call you by your name and swear at you don't call them children. You are only turning this thread into more of a time bomb.

14. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    You listen to me and listen well, if you chose to abuse alcohol instead of cut yourself, does that change it at all? Would it be different if "Oh, I'm depressed so I drink to numb the pain"? Is that a good excuse? No. 'Dealing with it' in that way is, look carefully now, wrong. Wrong. As in it's bad and you shouldn't do it... Get that?

15. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Extra points for using wisely placed italics. But listen, don't criticize what you can't understand. There is no way you can understand it. Okay? Just because you listen to evanescence and write 'poetry' about how sad you are doesn't mean you're depressed. So **** off. There are at least 14 people on this forum who have self-harmed and generalizing all of them isn't doing anyone any good. And FYI: self harm isn't just cutting your wrists. There's cutting other parts of your body. Starving or purging. Burning yourself.

16. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    That is precisely how they are acting. Putting words in my mouth and pretending that I am trying to degrade them in ways that I am not... They act like I've slapped their mother or something, and this particular topic is not something I take lightly.

17. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    I agree with RayCaptain. My condition was the cause why I self-harmed myself, but it didn't actually self-harm me. That was my own doing and the best was to find support to stop it. It was a selfish act because I was drowned in self-pity, even though my condition was dreadful, there are always people who have it a lot worse than me or any of you. And that is what makes it selfish. You think about yourself and taking out your own pain or you try to call for help... Or pure attention. There are other ways to call out for help. And it's selfish because it doesn't only hurt you emotionally and physically, but emotionally hurts the ones who care about you.

18. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Extra points for taking wise cracks at me bro. But um, you missed the part where you are a complete retard for thinking that I haven't had experience with people who self-harm. I never generalized anyone, again, read. You conjure up these insults out of thin air that don't exist to further some sort of perverse vendetta against me.

19. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Oh, sorry for taking this too seriously for your liking. Because you obviously have more investment in it than someone who has self-harmed themselves.

20. Reece56364

Reece56364 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hah. You obnoxious little prick. Step away from your computer and interact with the real world then come back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.