Segmented leather cuirass

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by CaPtYnCrOnIc, Jan 20, 2008.

1. CaPtYnCrOnIc

CaPtYnCrOnIc The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    pictures pictures pictures........

so more drama going on here, moved back to Tx cuz things didn't work out in Co. Obviously my in laws but im not gonna go into that.

So when we left I brought everything.....except those gauntlets. F'n figures right? the only damn thing I have finished and its gone for good. Think my mother in law who didn't really "approve"(like I care) of my hobby is gonna hold onto them. Nope prob already trashed.

Anywho I do have pics now of what I have...but that ever elusive cam cord has gone AWOL yet again. Gonna tear through my boxes in a few and find the damn thing once in for all.

So what I ended up having was 1 half finished War Skirt/Tassets, crap load of scales that needed de-rusting. ((Side note used some awesome stuff for this called Evapo-Rust. My Pop said it sucked for his rims but I left the indv. scales and the half finished piece I have in it for like 3 hours and the rust just wiped right off. Even took some of the plating off the scales I had f'ed up.)) I also had all my leather,patterns, rivets and tools. The gauntlets were in a box with a bunch of dishes and I forgot em.

I also had to leave my dummy when we left so I have been working on a new and improved version I call 'Bud' Bud is a complete torso with arms to the wrist and legs to the knee fit to me and about 1/2 done too. Used about fifty clothes hangers on em and will end up using at least 2 rolls of duct tape by the time I am through. Got pics of him too I will upload.

So thats my lil update for any who care. Mububban I'll have your pics by tonight! Promise......unless I can't find it or I smoke too much and forget :)~

2. CaPtYnCrOnIc

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    You got your pics!

Look in my albums for what I have. I plan on finishing up Bud in the next day or so and then I will get to work hard core on finishing this Mo Fo. Got all the patterns just gotta cut out the leather!

3. CaPtYnCrOnIc

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    BTW Bud pics are up too, planning on stuffing and duct taping him today so I'll have more pics of him later

4. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Those scales look awesome. What do you think the total finished weight will be?

5. CaPtYnCrOnIc

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Right now its at a pound and a half so maybe 4lbs by the time everything is said and done. Imma start hardcore on the cuirass today and I'll have some pics as it goes. Im gonna harden that war tasset too and get it ready for strappings. I might have to find another way to cinch it down though, right now I just have it laced with leather but im not liking that too much.

Finished Bud too! He ended up being just a smidge bigger then me but seeing as how Im just using him to give me an idea of how everything is lining up it'll be aight.

BTW Look for some posts in the near future about my self bow build!

6. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    How's everything going these days?