Scenes most missed from the movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by jeremiah.l.burns, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Aris Boch

Aris Boch Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Definately needed Ellodan, Elrohir, and Halbarad. I liked the scenes with them and Aragorn, just because it showed that Aragorn really did have close friends and he wasn't just some vagabond hunting orcs by himself for the rest of his life. And yes, pathetic as it is, I cried when I found out Halbarad died, even though they didn't describe it - just mentioned him in the list of the dead after the battle of the Pellenor Fields.

I also liked the tricky ranger-king transition Aragorn made in 2 very small scenes, both towards the end of RotK: one when Sam calls Aragorn "Strider" in front of a bunch of important Gondor people, and they kind of flip out about it. the other was when Butterbur finds out Strider is the king of Gondor and has a similar reaction to the nobles, but for different reasons. I'm not saying they should have been in the movie, but I think they definately added something to the books.

2. The Man from Niefldarth

The Man from Niefldarth your worst nightmare!

My fortress of Mâkinaashanaz, Grinning Doorminh.
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    ok... now I will say something that i shouldn't say because I should know it...

who is Halbarad?

3. Aris Boch

Aris Boch Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Don't feel bad - he's only mentioned very, very briefly. It's when Aragorn is riding around with Theoden after Helm's Deep and the twins (Ellodan and Elrohir) come to meet him with the rangers to tell him to take the paths of the dead. Halbarad is sort of in charge of the group of rangers. The only reason I know this is because he was in a fan fic I wrote, and I've been in love with him (all 10 lines of him) ever since.

4. The Man from Niefldarth

The Man from Niefldarth your worst nightmare!

My fortress of Mâkinaashanaz, Grinning Doorminh.
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I think I know who he is... just to be sure... Is it him who helps The king to put on his armor before helm's deep battle?

5. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    No, no, thats Gamling. Halbarad doesn't appear in the movies. He is the leader of the Dunedain who arrive with Elladan and Elrohir. They all travel the Paths Of The Dead with Aragorn.

6. Patkun

Patkun Patkun, lover of bread

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My biggest problem was the way that Gimli, and Dwarves in general were treated. Their History has been one long slide into extinction, and goblin wars and so forth, yet Gimli is some kind of ridiculous comic character, and all the other dwarves are just beards in the background. Also, Gimli beat Legolas in the orc-killing game.

7. Iluvatar2004

Iluvatar2004 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The scene i truely missed the most was indeed the scouring of the shire...i was sooo disappointed that PJ didnt even shoot it so we could have it in the extended version...

8. SEVENWOLVES

SEVENWOLVES GET READY FOR PUNISHMENT

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    the end battle was very dissapointing!

9. Graveyard Godess

Graveyard Godess New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tom Bombadil! They didn't put Tom Bombadil! I thought he was an excellent character and he was so cheerful. And there was the part with the Wights! But I suppose that could be considered as Tom Bombadil. They didn't put much of Fatty Bolger either. I personally don't remember seeing him at all in the film. But my friend says he was shown once in the beginning. But he was a good character too and I wish I could have seen how they portray him.

10. SEVENWOLVES

SEVENWOLVES GET READY FOR PUNISHMENT

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    i missed the part why Boromir was more loved by his father then Faramir, i didnt understand that, had they a fight, words?
    To my opinion was rotk too short, somethings werent explained, why did lost saruman his powers and by who?

11. xStarless_Dimensionx

xStarless_Dimensionx Batman

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I was SO mad when they left out Dernhelm and immediately let you know it was Eowyn. I practically cried in the theater. That movie seriously made me mad! *face turns red and then goes back to normal* But I've learned to except it for what it is, and to not think of the book when watching it.
    Believe me, you don't want me to start talking about what else is missing from that movie. I could go on for hours.

12. xStarless_Dimensionx

xStarless_Dimensionx Batman

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    *thinks for a minute* Ohhhhhhhhhh, the part with the Palantir... That was SOOO wrong. Grrrr *explodes*

13. Twilight Faith

Twilight Faith Lady Labryinia

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Haha, yea, the 'pass the palantir' scene, it WAS wrong, but I think maybe PJ was trying to emphasise on Aragorn's bravery or selflessness or something by grabbing the palantir away. :saurumon:
    BUT...didn't anyone miss the scene(s) where Aragorn heals Faramir/Eowyn/Merry? To me, it was Really important, there was a Whole chapter named 'The Houses of Healing' and we really see the significance of the phrase "The hands of a king are the hands of a healer." As I remember, (Iread the books quite a while ago...), this is where Aragorn recieves his name of Elessar and the first time people actually acknowledge that the king has returned, I mean, I wonder what the title of the books is? THE RETURN OF THE KING. *grumbles*
    Fine. I know its in the Extended Version or something but...*pouts*

14. Linkk06

Linkk06 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think the Old Forest from the Fellowship of the Ring should've been in the movie.

15. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Greatest missed scene: The riding of the Dunedain to the Dead Pass. (or something like that)

16. WarriorDrgnMage

WarriorDrgnMage Kuro Ryuu

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think I missed the whole scene about the letter in the Prancing Pony. Also the whole scene were we meet Merry and Pippin, that was just annoying it made them seem stupid and ....like weak, or something.....

17. Whiteone

Whiteone New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Me too.

18. Ariadne

Ariadne New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I missed Tom Bombadil too =( and also The Scouring Of The Shire :-\

19. Elkean

Elkean New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    We kind of do get a glimpse of it in the FOTR when Frodo looks into the mirror of Galadriel and sees the shire in shambles and all the hobbits enslaved.

20. Kakashi

Kakashi Call me Deacon Blues

Ratings:
    +725 / 6 / -2
    like that one tom guy what ever his name is. u may no what i mean the tom guy from the first book he wasn't in there. (actually it may have been and if it was i feel like a idiot now) :p