Sauron Helm Quality Control Problems

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by plagueboy, Jan 17, 2005.

1. darthrage

darthrage Sith Lord of the Realm

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It would be interesting to see pictures of the two to compare the differences.

2. Tenaka

Tenaka New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The thing with UC, is that the first batch of their products tend to not be up to their standards, like the Ranger Scabbard for example. When they first came out, 2/3 of these scabbards were either a really tight fit (meaning you had to actually PUSH hard to get the blade into the scabbard, then PULL really hard to get it out), or it had some bad piece to it. I even remember seeing someone with a bran new LE Anduril (number 71 I think) with the tip of the blade bent at a near 45 degree angle. If thats the case, just return the product like everone says. Thats another reason why I learned to purchase the new stuff UC puts out about a week or 2 after it came out, so they get all their bugs fixed.

3. CB Swords

CB Swords Forum Administrator

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

Not really, maybe to the end customer's perception....

The first batch of scabbards we packed and shipped out right away, many people had been waiting a long time for them. Ditto with the 2nd batch. Only then did we start to receive reports of them not fitting.

From that time on we inspected every scabbard that came in and sent the bad ones back to UC.

Our most recent shipment from UC, which was in very early January, had maybe 60% bad scabbards in it.

Now our customers have stopped receiving these, but its not because UC has gotten better (though hopefully they will soon).