Sauron coming back to life

Discussion in 'Movies' started by mic S, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Fingon

Fingon The High King

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    If you recall the Silmarillion, even as great swords-men as Fingon and Gil-Galad were unable to defeat Sauron, although Gil-Galad came close to it. Now, Aragorn was a simple mortal. I dont think that it would be cool nor possible for Sauron to return and Aragorn to win the battle.
    ~Fingon

2. isengard111

isengard111 The Master Chief

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Still, Sauron did not have the Ring, meaning a lot less power. He would still waste Aragorn, but it would be funny if Sauron was just standing at the Black Gates when Aragorn's Army arrived.

"What's up? Start running, b****"

3. Felagund

Felagund New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If I'm not mistaken PJ planned this, sometime ago he said something like this, "I cant have the number one baddy in the film remain as an eye." But due to complain from fans he abandoned the idea.Also if you check the listings of what is in Disc Three of the ROTK EE you'll find this...Abandoned Concept: Aragorn Battles Sauron.

4. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I noticed this before and thought "WHAT THE BLOODY HELL ?" im so glad they abandoned that concept, that would have been so lame and cheesy. But then I got thinking, maybe they meant a battle of wills through the palantir which actually happened in the book.

5. Felagund

Felagund New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I doubt that cause the battle with the palantir is in the moive already so why should it be an abandoned concept.