rumors about the seventh book

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill' started by ElfmaidenPegasus, Oct 10, 2006.

1. ~Elladan~

~Elladan~ A Elbereth Gilthoniel

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    We could always hope that the prophecy does relate to Neville and that Harry ends up being a nobody whose inflated sense of self-importance is punctured forever. After all who would want to write further books about a nobody :D

2. niamhking

niamhking Froudfaery

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hehehe. Thats very true!

3. Hermione Malfoy

Hermione Malfoy Pureborn and Proud

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    What Jo actually said was; "I can understand the mentality of the author who wants to kill of the hero so that no sequels can be made."

Also someone asked her if Harry is going to be a teacher and Jo said; "I don't see him going for an academic career."

If she see's him going for a career then I feel she's not going to kill him off. Also there is Trelawney's prophecy in Harry's fifth year after he does the interview... "You will live to be an old man, become Minister for Magic, and have twelve children!" Also, wouldn't it freak Trelawney out that something nice can happen? I wouldn't be at all surprised if the epilogue is Harry being an old man dying with his big family surrounding him... exactly what he wanted all his life. That's what I'd like to see...

I think if anyone major is going to die in the next book it's going to be Remus, Ron, Snape, and Arthur. Out of the girls, well, I think Luna might - although I'd be dreadfully upset if she dies because I adore Luna.

The one thing that bothers me is this: She has said that one of her characters has been given a reprieve. Meaning she planned for a character to die, but has since changed her mind. I wonder who that could be?

4. Roheryn

Roheryn Druid of Paranor

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    me too...

but she's already killed my favorite charrie...
    I'd be most sad if she kills Lupin next...

5. Hermione Malfoy

Hermione Malfoy Pureborn and Proud

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My favourite characters are all still alive. I don't hold out much hope for Snape though as far as I'm concerned unless Jk Rowling or Book 7 say so I believe Snape is good... but then he might be the one with the reprieve... we won't know until the book comes out. HURRY UP JO!

6. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    My guess is Ron for the reprieve, or maybe Lupin. I figure the death can't be a major plot point or it wouldn't have been changed so late and both those characters could end up dying to illustrate the effect of the war on Harry rather than as a definite turning point in the book. I do believe Snape's a good guy, but I can't really see him surviving - it's a dangerous game he's playing.

7. Kestrel

Kestrel Fool's Apprentice

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Much as I love Harry, I'd kinda like to see him die. I don't think it would be so much of a bad thing for him - he'd be with his parents again, something he's always pined for, and Sirius and Dumbledore who were 2 of the most important people in his life. Plus, once he's destroyed Voldemort, I'm guessing he'll have done all he needed to. And Ron and Hermione would have each other (as long as they both survive) so I guess they wouldn't take it too hard...maybe. And, well, Ginny'd just have to get over it, really. Unless she died. In which case everyone's happy. Luna, too. I think she's one of those people who are just able to "keep on truckin'" whatever the case. Good for her.

8. saiqa

saiqa Innocent evil...

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    The hero of the story dying, sad but, it will be quite interesting.

I think I read somewhere that there are going to be alot of deaths. So you never know who might die...

9. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    i read an interview with JK Rowling, she said she had originally planned harrys death, but changed her mind and now two other characters are getting the boot. the only person she has shared the ending with is her husband.

10. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    She gave an interview on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross and said the two people dying was taken out of context, the book's actually a bloodbath. What she meant was two extra people die. There is a very harrowing chapter near the end, she was in floods of tears writing it. 'Scar' is no longer the last word but it is near the end.