rumors about the seventh book

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill' started by ElfmaidenPegasus, Oct 10, 2006.

1. ElfmaidenPegasus

ElfmaidenPegasus New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I heard that she might kill Harry. donno how true that is. Course it would be an interesting twist. Most heros live. Course they might pull a LOTR on this one too when they do the movie. *cough*frodo*cough*

2. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    Well, I guess it's always been a possiblity he'd die. I mean, he obviously isn't going to lose, but he could still die vanquishing Voldemort or something. So, I guess it's possible :)

3. ElfmaidenPegasus

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I think it would be a nice twist if he lost. I mean in most....K. 99.99% the hero wins. For once I would like to see the villian win. You know just for a change. If she doesn;t do it though then someone else will and it will still bre a great book. Can't wait either way.

4. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    Lol, true :). I'd certainly like that to happen, but I guess it messes with the basic fantasy format...the hero has to have a triumphant return. I can't see JKR going against the tradition of this one, personally.

5. breds

breds New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Cripes i was depressed she killed off Dumbledore, I dont want to even go there. My vote is that she wont.....remember its suppose to be kids fantasy.

6. minnie

minnie New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't know, she said she might kill him. But on the other hand, it is possibly only
    for promotion...........
    I'll read the books, whatever she decides to do lol
    And I have to admit, she really knows how to kill a character!! The deaths of Sirius and
    Dumbledore were really sad and depressing

7. Boadicea

Boadicea Warrior Queen

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    It's hard to make the end of a series satisfying by killing off a character...I doubt she will. But no worries, I'm sure she'll kill off plenty of significant people.;)

8. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    @ Breds: That's kind of cheapening anything by just saying that it's "kid's fantasy." Kids don't live in a separate world from everyone else; most kids probably have known someone who died. And sorry if my post sounds offensive. :)

And my guess is that it's mostly for promotion purposes. With the exception of LotR, ASoIaF, and a few other series, there are VERY few fantasy series where the hero dies. It's one of the reasons why I adore LotR and ASoIaF, actually.

9. ElfmaidenPegasus

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I've never read ASOFAI but I will look for it now. It makes the books stand out more to me if the hero dies. I mean I never said the villian had to live....Course if he did there would have to be major revisions to my Harry Potter fan fic. Lol. I'm sure not matter what she does it will be a great book anyways and I'll read it about ten times like I did the others.

10. breds

breds New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I read alot of kids/teens novels, there a wonderful breather from a long series.
    Personally speaking i prefer something uplifting, theres alot of death an destruction in all books sometimes i feel its good to let the hero live long an prosper.

My labeling it as a kids fantasy has to do with not my labeling itself but how its actually marketed.

11. ElfmaidenPegasus

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It is labeled as a kids fantasy. I mean the reading level on it is what grade 4? Or in normal terms a fourth grader could read it...or most likely even younger. It is a kids fantasy but it has a lot in it for adults/teens or whatever you don't want to classify as a kid.

12. Oeufa

Oeufa Cracked Egg

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I can't see her killing him off basically cause it's seen through harrys point of view

• Like Like x 1
  13. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    If the bad guy won and took over, there would actually be no point to the story <_<

I'd just finish and be like....wtf the stupid woman just done lol

14. ElfmaidenPegasus

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    But she could still kill off both of them. You know have them be complete equals that in the process of killing the other they die themselves because of how much energy is drained in the fight. Yes it would be pointless if Harry died and Voldemort lived but if they both died then that would be different. Course I think no matter who dies and who lives it will make me cry like HBP did when she killed Dumbledore because at least one good main character is going to die in this one. I can just feel that it will happen.

15. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    If Harry dies, I'll be quite annoyed. This would make him too much of a matyr and make him seem cool, which he isn't. Plus, I've read long with him for way to long for him to just die -.-

16. ElfmaidenPegasus

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    But he wouldn't be just dying. Plus people would make out to be some big hero anyways if he "slays" Voldemort. I think it would be an interesting twist if it was someone other than Harry that killed Voldie though. I mean this whole time everyone has been paying attention one guy that can possibly do it while their is another one that did. Its ironic but interesting. It would also make a lot of the story pointless....

17. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    I reckon someone other than Harry will kill Voldemort, top of the list being Neville Longbottom.

18. Warlock Lord

Warlock Lord I am a Fashion Statement

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    i disagree, the other books are running up to the big confrontation....

between harry and voldemort.

after everything that voldemort has done to harry in the past, i would flip if it wasnt him that gets the satisfaction of killing him for good...

+ harry was given the task of destroying voldemort
    + the professy says that he is the one to do it... (i think)...ill look it up...

19. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Beating, destroying, overthrowing etc aren't the same as actually killing. Harry will destroy the horcruxes and lead the others against the Death Eaters. Prophesy is never straight-forward.

20. niamhking

niamhking Froudfaery

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I saw J.K.Rowelings only tv interview where she gave a kind of clue about the out come. She Said that she was going to finish the books off in a way that no one can ever continue it on in years to come the same way Agatha Christie did with Poirot. Christie killed off Poirot.

Personally i think that Harry will kill Voldamort but while trying to Save Neville from a dementor he gets kissed and ends up in St Mungos like Nevilles perants and ends up dying there. remember that there were two of them born at the same time, Harry and neville and it was by chance that Voldemort chose Harry and there fore creating the curse. Also remember the Prophecy. One shall die so the other shall live. maybe she ment Harry and Nevill not Harry and Voldemort.