RPG suggestion

Discussion in 'RPG Theme Suggestions' started by Dastardly Mr. Fletch, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Dastardly Mr. Fletch

Dastardly Mr. Fletch New Member

If you've seen one town you've seen them all, just
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello all, I realize I'm very new to these forums and as such may be looked down upon for immediately suggestion an RPG, however I've been rping for years now and absolutely love it, so much so I wish to immediately jump in. This idea I have has been used before and but sadly died with the forum it was on, so I'm hoping it gets a chance to last a little longer here, here's the idea as it was proposed to us a while back.

Death. Gray death. Lonely death, decay and sorrow. All these emotions trickled through Je'mur as he passed the great halls of the Hold of Yggdrasil, The World Tree. Je'mur thoughts wandered, and as he did he took his gnarled wooden hands and tightened them around his staff, pausing to look at his companions. They were not many, or at least not as many as the ages past, and his heart mourned for his kind and the wretched world they were forced to inhabit.

"Good friend," Je'mur's friend, Kakur, spoke "speak lest your thoughts drag you down to the depths"

"Merely reminiscing," Je'mur tried to smile "It has been long since the Prophet of Yggdrasil has called upon the Fay, I fear it is only a declaration of our fate."

Kakur brushed his forehead in reassurance "Fear not for such things old one, for we have always known what time has in store for us"

The group of Anirii continued until the hallway opened up into an amphitheater of tremendous size filled with every Fay creature that inhabited the world of Lowe Haven, from the earthly dwarfs and their lichen beards to the colorful masses of Fairies and Pixies that flitted above. Je'mur and his group began making their way to an empty section reserved for his kind, and as they did he gazed into the center, where a blueish transparent tree, much like glass, was growing. Its trunk demanded respect, and its leaves reached up past the open ceiling of the theater and spread into the grayish sky.

As the Anirii seated themselves a great sound like a roaring river filled the room, and the branches of the trees shook and quivered with intensity. The Fay watched the tree until it stopped shaking, and opened a small hole in its base, where a goat tenderly stepped out. the animal took several unsure steps and then moved towards a raised circular platform in front of the tree, where it lay down. The crowd was silent, expectant, and finally the goat bleated and split open, revealing a tall robed figure with horns and eight arms inside it. He moaned in an intelligible tongue, and finally stood straight up and gazed out on the stands.

"Fay...children of Aesir, bones of Terra, the sick of Lowe Haven, Yggdrasil moves to make itself known."

"And we listen" came the thunderous reply of the Fay. The prophet nodded and raised his arms.

"Long have you resided in Lowe Haven, forced from Middle Earth by the sons and daughters of Adam, and long have you cried to the Aesir to save you from the slow death that plague your races. And yet again and again the Aesir are silent, and now an enemy greater than you have ever encountered rises against you, the Iron Disciples, Scourge of Besher and the conquerers of the tenth realm. Woe are you Fay children! Death and sorrow are surely to follow you to the end of your days! You must fight, as you have fought in ages past, united, or divided, but surely you must fight. But you are not alone. The Yggdrasil listens, the Yggdrasil feels, and although it will not save you wretched creatures, it will at least bring all its children together. Fay, childen of Aesir, as your final hour draws near, embrace each other and stand up to defend your kind, the Fay of Lowe Haven, and the forsaken of Middle Earth, for the Yggdrasil will not see you die alone, and it has allowed the lost to come back and stand with you for your judgment. Know this as the will of the World Tree"

The room was deathly silent for a split second, and then erupted in noise, confusion, and anger. Je'mur sat shocked, looking about the room. He could simply not believe it, after the years of bitter existence and toil, the Exiles were finally coming home.

So thats the intro to the RPG, the basic story is that around the time that a prophet of man was nailed to a tree for his beliefs, the Fay children (Elves, dwarves, vampires, spirits, fairies, but with a more folk-lorish take than fantasy) realized their time on middle earth was ending, and that humans would soon dominate. There was known to be a pocket realm below middle earth know as Lowe Haven, and so the many races of the Fay left earth, their home by birthright, behind and traveled to this land. There were wars, rifts, and much strife in the early years, but eventually the races settled into a kind of dead, neutral existence, waiting for when they would finally die out in this foreign land.

However, in the early years, many Fay committed crimes against each other, and since so much death had taken place already, it was decided by all in the Lowe Haven that the guilty would not be jailed or killed, they would be exiled to middle earth, to live and relive the hellish existence of man.

They player finds themselves in the roles of these exiles, fay children who have murdered, stolen, been framed, or simply followed a dream that others found too different, and who have become human, forced to live out the lives of mortals again, and again.

But now the World Tree calls, an enemy, utterly alien and ruthless, begins to conquer the lands of Lowe Haven, and so the exiled have been allowed to come back, to fight, and die, among their kind.

I'll explain more if any interest is shown, again, this isnt the first time of RPG'd, so this is my thing, hope you guys find it interesting!

2. Jingojolene

Jingojolene Wayfarer, heartlander

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I'm suprised nobody has commented. As soon as I saw the word 'Yggdrasil' I immediately became interested! I think this is a great idea for RPing.

3. Killbot608

Killbot608 prototype killing machine

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    ooh, *takes interest*

4. Anir

Anir New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I think it sounds really cool. one question though: what kind of fay do you mean? like, fairies? elves? gnomes? what? i'm just trying to clarify because i want to know what type of character i could do.

5. Anir

Anir New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    so will this ever actually happen? dang it, man, don't get me interested and then leave me hanging!