RPG #7 - Dark Chest of Wonders

Discussion in 'RPG #7 - Dark Chest of Wonders' started by Nienor, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Naomi Eboncloud

Naomi Eboncloud ~The Black Rose of Maiem~

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It had grown very late above ground in the meantime. At the palace of Galathrist where his anger was still new in the air, the courtyard doors opened and the silver haired mystic Kai-Ta stepped out into the moonlight, looking agitated. Who had called her out to the courtyard at this hour, and for what purpose?

"Who goes there?" she called into the soft wind as she sensed a presence in the shadow of the west tower. "This had better be important."

A slight scuffle of a man's boots was heard against the stone and the elf Jai emerged from the dark, a sliver of shadow himself. His face bore no emotion, but as his eyes locked with hers she took a step backward, spitting on the ground at him in reflex to the fear his presence instilled in her Inner Eye.

"You...!" she scoffed. "Blood Tr****r. What do you want?"

He said nothing.

2. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Belraad took a step back as Creek Mary and Adruis spoke to the priest. The other two men, still holding their bows at the ready, were the foremost in the assassin’s mind. They weren’t really a danger to him, he could have them both dead in the span of a heartbeat, but there was no guarantee that a stray bolt wouldn’t take one of the others. It would be a shame, Belraad admitted to himself grudgingly, if one of them were to die now when they were near to being free of the city.

The priest gave Belraad’s companions a scrutinizing glare, trying to decide if they were as they seemed. The assassin noted with amusement that the man’s gaze frequently flickered in his direction.

“A priestess and a monk. An oddity in these times, especially when they travel with one who rumor claims as dead.” The man’s gaze stayed on Belraad for a long moment before he continued.

“You are welcome holy ones, to our sanctuary. Though in your present company I think that your stay should be as short as possible.” With a sigh he waved a hand toward his companions and they lowered their weapons. “I am Father Palone, how can I be of service?”

“We need safe passage out of the city,” Belraad put in from behind Creek Mary and Adruis. “I understand that you have a network of tunnels that lead away from here.”

Palone considered the group for a moment then nodded his head in consent. “Not an unreasonable request. Follow me.”

3. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "Thank you, Father Palone." Creek Mary said, bowing again. She looked up at Adrius with an expression of admiration and gratitude. Adrius was very well learned in the ways of the Child--she could sense that in their day, when the Child still knew faith in the hearts of Naelin, he must have been very powerful and renowned. His very voice rushed with the passon of his faith. Granted, Creek Mary was, too, a respected leader among her people...but only among her people. If those of her land had known of Brother Adrius, they would have revered him truly as a great warrior of the Child, she knew it. As they followed, she reached up to gently touch his shoulder.

"Spoken truly from the Circle of Eight themselves," she said quietly. The barbarian priestess smiled. "If I knew no better, I would say you were one of them." Creek Mary then moved away and returned to Dead Boy's side, who seemed to be able to watch her and their newfound companions like a hawk at the same time, his hood still draped heavily over his face.

Eris caught up with Adrius, smoothing back her thinly braided locks. "Hey, Adrius...you don't have to answer this, but...I'm curious." She spoke in a low voice, her eyes also on the ones they were following, not so much the priest as the guards. "Um...just...what order are you the last of? And why are you? I mean...like I said, you don't have to answer," she said quickly. "Prying into people's business isn't something I normally do, as I can't stand it myself...but it's been bugging me." She fingered her amulet as she usually did when she was nervous.

4. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Adrius felt a small smile grow on his face. "It is not a burden to ask, what kind of person would I be if I did not answer the questions of the righteous?" He took a lance to the others and saw they were all walking with Father Palone. "I am the last of the order of divine innocence, a sacred brotherhood who worship and follow the child, practice the arts of magics and medicines to help those who have need of it. I am the last because..." He grimaced visibly. "In times as dark as these, faith does not take root as it once did, it seems when the child was defeated a shadow was cast over the hearts of men and it has grown ever since. Other things like the wasting sickness that is spreading have dwindled our numbers over the years untill I am all that is left. It is as if the Userper has taken the troat of the people and shaken loose all those who would stand against her." Adrius turned to look upon Eris' face, and noticed the amulet she carried once more. "In truth I may not be the last, though as far and wide as i have travelled I have yet to see another brother of my order, and while it is true that faith has dwindled, it can never die. There are those out there chosen, blessed in the name of the child to see ti is so, those who carry the faith with them while the rest of the world weeps." He tunred so his left side faced her and tapped on his tattooed shoulder. "The mark of the child goes with those, and where they carry this sign, they carry faith with them." He noticed Eris ponder that for a moment while she fingered the amulet. "Hmmm, I will have to write some of this into my book when we get a chance to rest, but forget not Eris, you do not carry that without reason, you are blessed for it, and as long as you hold that, you will be safe in the light of the child, and you will have my protection on aid, whenever you have need."

5. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "The light of the Child..." she echoed softly. "Yeah. I guess so." She kept walking with him, glancing at his shoulder. "I had the wasting sickness, when I was a kid. Where I lived, they called it the Burning Fever. I suppose it's the same difference." Her expression softened. "It was truly hell on earth. I don't even remember much of it. One minute I'm eating a piece of fruit I swiped off a vendor stand, and the next I'm waking up two months later with my friend sitting beside me, asking if I'm hungry." She chuckled softly. "It was like waking from a really, really long nightmare. And my friend was my light that cast away the dark, if you want to put it that way." Eris fingered her amulet. "But it doesn't matter now. It's time I returned the favor, so I sure hope I'm blessed for what I need to do."

Search tags for this page

exhangedblowhob