RPG #7 - Dark Chest of Wonders

Discussion in 'RPG #7 - Dark Chest of Wonders' started by Nienor, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Naomi Eboncloud

Naomi Eboncloud ~The Black Rose of Maiem~

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No sooner did Eris hit the floor did she spot her amulet lying several yards away. Ignoring Creek Mary's cries to rejoin them, she crawled swiftly across the floor to avoid the guard's attention and reached out for it.

A slender boot then stepped down on both her hand and the amulet, causing Eris to scream. She looked up at her tormentor to find it was Kai-Ta, smiling coldly.

"Belraad can't protect you now." She nodded toward the window. Eris looked just in time to see the assassin fall. Damn. Eris gulped and cringed, trying not to scream as the Mystic applied enough presssure to break her hand.

"It's truly ironic that you're so simple." Kai-Ta leaned down. "I could render your mind asunder, completely destroy you...and yet...I have no need." She plucked the amulet out from beneath her foot, Eris's palm. "Your whole life falls apart without this."

"Don't," Eris uttered thickly. "You have no right."

"And what right do you have? Pesky street urchin. You're just a thief. Not worth a moment of anyone's time. Not even your mother's, I assume." She grinned.

"You bitch!" She reached up for the amulet, but was torn completely in half by pain as Kai-Ta managed to break her fingers with a twist of her ankle.

Eris' vision suddenly went white as Kai-Ta kicked her in the face with her other foot, then completely kicked her aside. Spread-eagled, Eris watched as the Mystic threw the amulet at the window. It glimmered in the sunlight, and then dropped from view, following Belraad into the deep, dark ocean. And then, Kai-Ta melted into the chaos around them, and she couldn't see her anymore.

"No!" She dragged herself to her feet, and began to limp towards the window with a wild notion of jumping after it--but Creek Mary's long arms grabbed her bodily and pulled her backward.

"Are you mad? Galathrist will kill you before the sea will!" the priestess cried.

"Leave me alone! This is your fault!" She accused, though she really couldn't justify exactly why it was Creek Mary's fault.

"We must hurry out of here! Come!" She dragged her towards the door. They went unchallenged, Dead Boy tearing asunder all who stood in their path. "Adrius! Quickly!"

2. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Adrius plunged his axe into the side of an oncoming guard, one of many breaking away from the duel across the hall, then he heard the cry of Creek Mary coming from behind. "Adrius! Quickly!" The boy was crashing a path through to the door for them, only Adrius remained, he quickly nodded and bagan backing towards the door, blocking all who came after the group.

With the assassin cast from the window, the demon and his minions only had them to deal with, if they did not flee soon there would be no chance of escape. Adrius backed further into the archway after the others, coming to a halt and holding his axe firmly and facing the demon king and his soldiers.

"Know this foul creature, the followers of Trikera will meet their justice and the light of the child shall purge the land of your wickedness. Perhaps not this day, but your end will come soon." Quickly kneeling he places his palm on the marble floor, then drew lines and shaped with his fingers, all the while whispering soft ancient words. "Shaela lumadalus fracial, teir crontas lumadal marshaad." A white lgiht beamed from the floor where he has placed his hand, the beams shot out and filled the room before disappearing. Adrius stood repeating the words again, this time understandable, "Light holds hack shadow, may the light of the child bind you."

With that he fled, running after the others, catching up with them further down the hallways, as he ran he told them what he had done. "The king and those within the room will be held back for as long as the seal remains, his dark magic will not hinder us while we flee, but we must hurry, his power is great, i do not know how long we have."

3. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "Child help us," Mary moaned, running faster now that Eris was finally complying. "The seer threw her amulet into the sea!"

"And broke my damned hand!" Eris swore, turning the corner. "Crazy bitch. I'll pluck her good eye out before I'm through!"

"Hush, Eris. You are through--for now. Dead Boy, which way?"

Dead Boy uttered a loud angry cry as he rushed a couple of advancing guards, his body phasing straight through them, but not his sword. Once they had been rendered lifeless, he pointed down the left hallway with his bloodied sword.

"This way!" He hurried them. "I told you we should never have come here," he added in a seething breath. Creek Mary did not reply as they turned the hall.

4. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Eris rushed forward to run alongside Dead Boy, clutching at her crushed hand. "This place is a damned maze. You seem to know your way around it rather well!"

He only scoffed, shaking his head. "I remember the way we came in," he snapped. "Come on, this way!" He ducked to the right and into a doorway, opening it. "Go, quickly. It will take you down to the castle's water well. It leads to the river outside. I'll hold them off."

"I doubt you came in through the well," Eris scrutinized. Dead Boy frowned at her, but said nothing. Creek Mary, though confused, trusted him.

"Dead Boy, be careful!" she said, before she realized just who she was talking to. The youth only shook his head.

"You can't kill what's dead. Go!" he ordered, making sure everyone, especially Creek Mary, had disappeared into the shadows of the cellar below, before shutting the door and awaiting any straggling guards that might be following them.

5. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "It's looking much better. Now, hold still while I redress it."

Eris looked away as Creek Mary started to rebandage her broken hand. It had taken some amount of Mary's precious clerical skill to mend her hand so that hopefully the bones would mend straight. Then she had had to apply some of Adrius' salve to keep her hand from swelling. Now it looked normal again, but Eris couldn't move her fingers. It hurt like hell. She stared into the fire and winced as the barabrian cleric rewrapped it so it kept sturdy and still.

It had been a few days since their escape. Now they were hiding in an old tavern in the most secluded part fo the city where Galathrist's soldiers scarcely roamed. Dead Boy had gone out into the city to find the safest route out of the city. She was sure he'd be alright on his own...after all, he could hide himself at will, or appear to be only a stranger in a cloak. She or Creek Mary would be too obvious...and Adrius? He would surely stick out like a sore thumb.

"There. It is done. Just try not to move it."

"Thanks," she replied dully, staring into the fire.

In the castle of Galathrist, all was not well. The loss of his assassin, the rogue, and the pendant all in one day had driven his temper into a blazing inferno. It was a pity to be one who displeased him now--death would be too good a punishment.

Now, as he lurked in his chambers, a darkness fell over the atmosphere. The moon's light did not reach in through his windows. The candles in his room burned blue and dim. A familiar presence permeated his senses...no other than his goddess, the mistress of darkness, Trikera.

6. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Belraad floated in a sea of darkness, his senses aware of the vast emptiness around him. His memory of the fight with Galathrist was dim and he remembered blacking out as the force of the demon’s magic hurled him from the tower. Slowly a voice came to him, though he wasn’t sure whether he heard it or it was coming from within his head.

“After a lifetime of slaughter you chose the right path in the end.” It was a woman’s voice, soothing, yet with an air of superiority.

“I chose the path of foolishness.” The assassin responded bitterly.

“You chose the path that you were destined to walk.” Came the voice again.

Belraad became suddenly impatient. “Enough riddles! Where am I? Dead?”

“Dead? No, Belraad you are not dead yet. You are at a crossroads between worlds.” The feminine voice became suddenly stern. “You have squandered your life, and your gifts, assassin. You have chosen the ways of murder and vengeance over that which you have known to be right and just.”

Belraad tried to block out the voice that seemed to be coming from everywhere now.

“Did you think that your abilities were merely a chance happening of birth? Don’t be foolish child! Think, remember what you know of your true family.”

“I have no memory of them!” Snapped Belraad. “Save that they were a noble family.”

“Noble? I suppose that Nobility is in the eye of the beholder. No, assassin, you are more than the son of a Noble. You are a descendant of the Eight.”

“Meaningless now.” Replied Belraad, a hint of uncertainty in his voice.

“Perhaps, unless you chose the proper path from this place. In life you may be the most lethal of mortal killers, but if you follow your true path you may come to know the true meaning of your gifts.” She paused for a moment, as if considering her words carefully. Belraad glanced around the vast void trying to find the source of the voice, but there was nothing there. “I will give you this gift, child. If you chose to follow the chosen path then you will be free of the eyes of your enemies, at least for a time. The choice is yours.”

Belraad woke slowly, his head ached terribly and his vision was blurred. Gradually his eyes adjusted to the light and he eased himself into a sitting position. He was on a hard pallet in a small, plain room. From outside came the scent of the sea and the stench of rotting fish.

The rooms only door opened slowly and a plump middle aged woman entered bearing a tray of food and water. “It is good to see you awake. We feared you were dying.” She remarked as she sat next to him on the floor.

“Where am I?” Belraad asked. His throat parched and dry, the words came out as little more than a cracked whisper.

“I am Allian, and you are in my home, a half a days ride from Alexander. My husband, he owns a small fishing boat, he pulled you from the water and brought you here.” She replied, lifting a spoon full of broth to Belraad’s dry lips.

“How long?” He asked between spoonfuls.

“You’ve been here for two days. You had a terrible fever, and.” Her words trailed off and she began a close study of the floor.

“And?”

“Your wounds, they . . . well they’re healed.” She paused briefly meeting his gaze. “Your leg was badly broken, and I was certain that there were several broken ribs. When I came in this morning they were healed.”

Belraad pulled back the blanket and inspected his leg, finding no trace of injury. He noted that all of his clothing was gone, yet he had no sign of fresh scarring.

Allian moved to the corner of the room and returned carrying a small bundle. “Most of you clothing was ruined, but these things remained whole.”

She unwrapped the bundle and produced his leather harness. All of the knives were gone. Next she presented him with his bracers. A quick inspection showed that only one of them still held a blade. Belraad felt along the wider straps of the harness until he felt the hard flat circles. He had a few gold coins concealed in his harness for emergencies. They remained there for years until now. He pulled the blued knife from the bracer and began slicing open the seams of the harness, revealing four gold coins.

The woman’s face went slack as Belraad pressed two of the coins into her palm. “I can’t accept this. It is more than my husband will make in two seasons.”

Belraad shrugged. “I have more, and you have done me a valuable service.

Reluctantly the woman nodded her consent and slipped the coins into a pocket. “There is one more thing.” She added hastily, and placed a small cloth wrapped object on his lap. “You were clutching it when they pulled you from the water.”

Hesitantly Belraad removed the folds of cloth and removed the medallion. “It’s the mark of the child.” Whispered Allian, glancing fearfully about. “What will you do?”

Belraad slipped from the bed and stood on stiff legs. “I’m going into town.” He responded.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  7. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sallthak steped into the tavern frowning and shaking his head. "Sorry to have taken so long." he said as he walked up to the two human females. Doing a double take he nelt and lifted Eris' hand gently. "If you wish I may be able to help this along the healing path." He said with a faint smile at being able to actualy help some one with his powers. "Healing is one of my greater skills..."

8. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Adrius still stood silently by the windows, peering out onto the streets. Almost nothing went by in this dark corner of the city but he watched nonetheless. It kept him attentions on something and subdued his agitation, slightly. he muttered to himself when none of the others could hear "We should be gone from here" he knew they had made the right choice to stay, if they fled the city at least half of Galathrist's guards or his army would be on their heels, if they snuck away it was just as likely that the soldiers would be scouring the nearby lands for them, a city was a warren for a badger to hide in, you could be lost in moment. But he still felt like they should be free when all they could do was wait, he felt like a caged wolf, and surpressed a growl to follow.

After a moment he turned back shaking his head, "nothing" he said so the others could hear. "You'd have though he would have searched this far by now" Shaking his head he took one of the rickety wooded chairs by the others and proped his axe, blade down, against the table. He spared a glance for the tending Creek Mary hade made to Eris' hand, it was good, done by a skilled hand, with hope once it healed there would be no sign it had ever broken.

The door opened quickly as Adrius' hand slipped to the wooden haft of the axe before he saw who it was, when he finally recognised who it was he only grudgingly let go. He longed to get out, to be away from this city so filled with evil, it seemed like a midden heap to him, darkness flowing through the streets thicker than the crowds at its centre.

Ignoring what the others were saying he picked up his Axe again and went back to the window, propping the blade by the side again, within easy reach. Resuming his watch of the streets outside the Tavern was all that kept his irritation under control, with the curtains half drawn and the lights of the room held back from the glass he was hidden enough to see but not be seen. Unconsciously he scratched at the bandages on his shoulder before tugging his hand back.

9. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    The small, horse drawn cart creaked to a halt in front of a small stable on one of Alexander’s many winding side streets. Belraad had purchased the cart; along with the simple clothes he now wore from a villager before setting out for the city. A simple farmer, heading into town to purchase supplies drew far less attention than an armed man on a warhorse. He stepped down from the cart and paid the stable boy three copper coins for the night. By the time Belraad had reached the city it was well after dark, and the streets were fairly deserted.

The assassin stood in the shadow of the building for several moments as a troop of soldiers from the city guard moved by in straight ranks. They never gave the small man in the faded wool cloak a second glance. A slight movement from an alley across the street caught Belraad’s keen eye and he studied the shadows for a moment. There, hidden in the darkness, was a cloaked figure. As Belraad watched, the man took a step forward, allowing the light of the moon to fall on him briefly before he returned to the shadow. That moment was enough for the assassin; the dark cloak, the shadowed face and bright eyes would only belong to one person, if he could be called that.

As Belraad entered the alley Dead Boy stepped forward to block his path. The assassin didn’t fail to note the fact that the warrior’s hand was resting on the hilt of his sword. “We thought you dead.” Pronounced Dead Boy.

“You can plainly see that I am not.” Replied Belraad. “How did you fare after the fighting broke out?”

“We managed an escape, with little trouble. It seems that your actions bought us some time.” Dead Boy fell silent, and his piercing eyes searched those of the mortal before him. “Why did you do it?”

Belraad returned the other’s gaze for a moment before answering. Truthfully, he hadn’t given too much thought as to why he’d betrayed Galathrist, and the answer wasn’t an easy one for him. Finally he spoke with a slight shrug of his shoulders. “Perhaps it was a fit of honor. Honestly, I don’t know.”

Dead Boy remained silent for a moment, then removed his hand from his sword and visibly relaxed. “For a reason that is beyond my comprehension Creek Mary trusts you, assassin. Therefore, I’m forced to ask for your help. I need to get them out of the city.”

Belraad nodded his understanding and gave the situation a moment of consideration. “Where are they now?”

“They have been at an in called ‘Two Silvers’ for the past four days.”

“Perfect.” Responded Belraad. “Return to them, and give me an hour to prepare. There are several rooms on the first floor of that inn, move every one to the third room on the right side of the hall. Do it quietly, and give me my hour.”

Belraad could read enough into Dead Boy’s manner to realize that he was still reluctant in siding with a former enemy, but he was backed into a corner. He gave a crisp nod of his head and started off down the alley. “Wait.” Belraad called after him. “Give this to Eris. “Belraad produced a small cloth wrapped object from a pocket and handed it to Dead Boy before turning back out into the street.

After a bit of haggling, and Belraad’s last gold coin, he found himself in the third room on the right side of the hallway in the Two Silvers inn. With the door closed behind him, Belraad moved to the small bed seemingly built into the wall. After releasing two hidden latches, he moved the bed aside and descended the hidden stairs. The damp room at the bottom of the steps was little more than a hidden cellar. In truth, it was a part of the city’s maze of sewers that flowed under the whole of the metropolis.

Belraad had several such places hidden throughout the city, and in various parts of the country. Hidden from the most prying of eyes, they made a safe place for him to secret away valuables. Within moments, Belraad had several candles lit and casting a soft glow over the chamber. He moved quickly to a simple chest and drew out several dark garments. After dressing he moved to the far wall and studied the weapon rack hanging there. Bows, swords, axes, and a variety of other weapons covered the wall of the chamber. Belraad slipped into a new harness and began loading it with many small, blue bladed knives. When finished he moved down a bit and removed a sword belt from a hook on the wall. The belt held a short bladed saber, and a heavy bladed dirk; identical to those he’d lost in the fight with the demon king.

Opening another chest Belraad gazed down at a fortune in gold coin. He smiled as he thought of how he valued these riches so much only a few days before. Now, they were nothing more than a way to reach a goal. He quickly filled a purse with coin and closed the lid of the chest.

The wall opposite the stairway held a hidden stone door, which the assassin slid, open. He glanced out into the sewer, making sure there were no vagrants sleeping off the night’s pleasures. Seeing that there were none he returned to the small chamber and waited.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  10. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Galathrist let out a low growl as his chamber filled with the murky green light of the Goddess. Her presence could be felt grinding along his bones as her spirit filled his chamber.

"Galathrist," she intoned, her voice softly spoken, yet rebounding within his skull. He noticed her avatar hovered above the ground, above him. So he'd have to look up to her. It irked him when she did that.

"How fares thy search ?"

"The Chest has not yet been found, but the search continues. We have had some...small troubles. Though I believe their presence here is more than it seems. The Chest moves them, and the Child's presence is strong around them."

"You speak of the girl-thief, Eris ? And the Monk ?" she asked, already knowing the answer, "You should have killed them when you had the chance."

"I believe they shall lead us to the Chest. For this reason I have not hindered their movements within the City. They shall be free to leave, but they are watched. The tr****r Assassin has been taken care of. I cast him from this window."

"Do not be so sure, I cannot see Belraad's fate. It may that he is dead, and his spirit has left this world, or it may be something more."

Galathrist let out a growl. The Assassin would have to be dead, surely. And if he wasn't, Galathrist owed him another, more cruel death.

His Captains marshalled at his command, meeting him in his large Council chambers. The King sat on his dark throne, while his servants scurried for seats at the table below him.

"There have been suspicious movements in some of the seedier parts of town, my liege. Several strange people have been sighted by the commons, whenever my guards go down to investigate, they either return with no news or they don't return at all."

"Our enemies have not yet left Alexandar. They believe I would have sent a search party outside the City in my rage, and overlooked them. Their presence is known, and they will be let free. It is not for you to know what purpose this achieves, but do not hinder their going. They are free to come and go as they please."

He rose then, his black cape pinned at his shoulder, covering his dark armour. He let his Council members talk about the running of the City, the economy and such. Usually he would spend his own time doing such tasks, but today he had no time. He needed to find the Chest, and soon. His last hope lay on girl-thief and her companions. They would be watched very closely indeed.

11. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very closely, indeed, his goddess' lustrous voice echoed in his ear, in his mind. As she spoke, the Council carried on about their business, for only he coudl hear her. And they would need not be watched at all...they would be hanging in your dungeons, if not for the tr****r. What energy that worm tolled you, Galathrist...be assured, he will not go unpunished for disrespecting such a loyal follower of mine.

However, what you need now is a loyal follower of your own...he will not fear and grovel like these useless minions before you, for he knows no fear of pain or death. However, neither will he go astray and betray you like the wayward Belraad, for he knows no disobedience. He is the perfect pet for you. Strong, swift, and merciless. Galathrist, may I introduce you....

Amidst the squabbling of the Council, the heavy doors of the chamber opened, and a man appeared. He was clearly purebreed Elven, by the look of his telltale curved ears and sharp, fae-ish features. His build was lean but muscular, discernible through a black tunic and leggings, a dark green cloak hanging about his neck and draping along the back. A belt that strapped over his shoulder sheathed a quiver of arrows and a bow at his back, and the scabbard of a sword clinked at his side. His hood was down, and so was his long, blue-black hair, sleek and straight. Dark, emotionless violet eyes peered up at Galathrist with neither fear nor respect, but a mere acknowledgement, a recognition, though they had never met. Not waiting for anyone to speak for him, he knelt at the steps of the dais and withdrew his longsword, lay down his sword along one of them.

"My name is Jai," he spoke, his voice deep and cryptic, not the usual light and airy accent of the Elves. "I have come to swear my sword to the demon Galathrist."

"Sallthak? Thank the lost gods you have returned," Creek sighed in relief, as she realised it was him. "I am sorry that we left you behind so swiftly...but...things have been confusing." Her gaze drifted and lingered upon Eris' broken hand, looking wistful. "I am afraid there was little I could do...true healing is regrettably not a gift I am possessed with. If you feel you could mend it completely...Eris?"

Eris looked up at him, nodding softly. She'd been distracted by her thoughts, she hadn't even noticed him enter. "Uh...yeah." She lifted her injured hand, wincing a bit. "I don't mind. Take a crack at it...can't do anymore damage to it, I guess..." She had already looked back to the fire, feeling strangely detached and unwilling to talk much, which was strange for her.

12. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The Dragon smiled with his human face. "Healing is one of my talents." He said befor starting to chant under his breath, a Green and silver glow started to bathe the hand. "This may hurt a little.." He comented befor starting a more isistant chant. The glow started pulsing in a strange pattern as the hand convulsed in pain as each and every bone in it turned to cold fire. After a moment the pain faded as the tempo of the Arcane chant picked up. There was a flare of raw magic and the spell was done leaving a dull ache in the hand, the bones nitted and healed as if they were never broken. "Ok I need to sit down..." Muttered Sallthak as he moved to a chair and sat. "You will feel the change of weather from now on though..."

13. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Creek Mary watched with pure interest as Sallthak performed the spell on Eris, watching his every move, listening to each word that passed between his lips. Even as she sought to learn, her heart panged with a note of guilty envy. She wished that she had the gift of true healing...whether it was clerical or magickal.

However, Eris didn't give much of a response to the miracle. She didn't really even react to the cold pain in her hand, save a lingering wince. When it was done, she flexed her mended hand, the bandages falling away. "Heh...thanks...I could always use that..." she said emptily, and continued her brooding vigil. Concerned, Creek Mary gave a word of thanks to Sallthak, before taking a seat beside the rogue.

"What is on your mind?" she asked quietly.

It occured then to Creek, with surprise, just how old the girl looked just now, in the light of the fire. Her youthfulness and vigor seemed to have drained away, the light in her eyes dull. "Nothing," she replied sullenly.

"If it is about the Mystic, there is no reason to brood. What she said about you...it wasn't true."

"Yes it was," she said darkly, casting a hateful glance sideways, as if Kai-Ta were sitting right there. "But no, that's not it...I'm used to people saying things like that...it doesn't bother me."

"What, then?"

Eris looked very unwilling to say. "I just feel..." she said slowly, as if not quite sure of herself, "Like I'm back at square one. Again."

Creek Mary paused a moment to mull over Eris' cryptic words. She wasn't making sense. "What do you mean?"

However, it was apparent that she was refusing to speak anymore of it. Instead, she chuckled emptily. "Heh....whaddya know, Sallthak was right. It's going to rain." She sighed softly. "What a surprise."

Just then, the door opened, and a familiar cloaked person walked in, shutting the door so silently behind him that the innkeep did not notice. Creek Mary looked up, however, and saw Dead Boy's translucent youthful face flickering beneath the hood from the light of the flame. His eyes were darker and more piercing than ever.

"When we rest for the night, we are to stay in the third room on the right side of the hall." Before Creek could decipher his message, the ghost boy moved past her and held out a small bundle to her, no larger than the size of his palm. Eris looked up at him in question.

"Belraad the assassin sends his greetings," he said coldly, placing the bundle into her healed hand.

"He is alive?" Creek gasped.

"And well," Dead Boy added, though it wasn't clear as to whether he was glad or bitter about this news.

However, Eris wasn't listening. Almost knowing what it was before she opened it, she unwrapped the parcel and saw, glittering dully in the flame, her pendant. At the sight of it, her weary expression seemed to melt away, and the light in her eyes returned with a new vigor.

"Thank you," she said softly to no one that was present in the room, not pausing to string the pendant back around her neck, where she felt it rightly belonged.

Meanwhile, outside the door, she distinctly heard it start to rain.

14. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Later that night they waited in their room, which Creek Mary paid for. There were several beds in the room, but none seemed all too inclined to go to bed. Eris sat by herself, fingering her newly recovered amulet lightly with a distant, thoughtful look. Creek Mary kept casting glances at the ghostly boy, who kept gazing out the window, expecting the assassin. His sword hung in a sheath at his waist, newly sharpened and polished.

15. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Belraad sat on the lid of one of the large chests in his small chamber beneath the inn. He’d taken the opportunity to stretch his muscles, assemble a small hand crossbow, and then relax into meditation. When he opened his eyes he became aware of the sounds, faint as they were, coming from the room above him.

An interesting thing, he realized as he rose from his seat. His senses felt more alive than ever before, his body in better balance, and his muscles stronger. The only answer he could grasp was that whatever entity had granted him a second chance at life had enhanced his already remarkable abilities.

After making a quick check of his weapons, Belraad flung his hooded cloak over his shoulders and climbed the narrow stairs to the trap door under the bed. He’d left the hidden latches open so the bed slid easily away from the wall. When his head cleared the floor he saw the others standing or sitting in the small room. He noted that more than one of them stood with hand on weapon. Eris, seeming detached and apart from the others sat in a chair by the fire.

“This way.” Belraad motioned for them to follow and turned back down the stairs. Once he reached the bottom he waited for the others to enter the damp chamber. With the toe of his boot Belraad lifted the lid of each of the several chests lining one wall. Some were brimming over with gold coin, others filled with various garments. He then motioned toward the opposite wall, holding scores of weapons. “Take what you need to travel or defend yourself. We can travel through the sewer system to the edge of the city. There are others there who stand apart from Galathrist and his darkness. They will be able to move you to safety.”

16. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "Kick ass," Eris blurted out, her eyes growing wide as dinner plates at the sight of the array of deadly looking weapons. Throwing a grateful but silent glance at Belraad, the redhead stepped forward and searched through each chest.

While Creek Mary filled an empty pouch with their financial rations (Eris refused to touch the money), Eris searched endlessly through the weapon chests, one disappointment after another. Most were too heavy, or flimsy (she envied the assassin's skills with the throwing daggers) with or too dull to cut butter with. She had no fair hand at the bow, so the large yew contraption that Creek Mary could handle with superb ease confused her.

Finally, her efforts were rewarded. When she lifted the last chest open, she pulled two dangerous looking twin scimitars by their belt from one of the chests. Whistling quietly, she fitted the belt around her shoulders, feeling the secure weight of the weapons on her back. However, as she drew them to test their weight in her hands, her eyes spotted another item of interest in the botttom of the chest.

A small, old, leather bound book...

"Dead Boy, perhaps you should choose a new weapon," Creek Mary suggested, as she strapped a quiver-ful of arrows over her shoulders.

The ghostly boy, who had grown, if possible, even surlier since their trip down to Belraad's cache, gripped his own ancient looking blade with a defensive glare, as if the notion insulted him. "This is the only weapon I need," he said shortly, casting a dim glare at the other chests.

"You should at least find a weapon to protect you against magic. You're still vulnerable to that. You were lucky Galathrist..."

Bringing up the name, Creek Mary found, had been a poor idea. "Him...what would he do? Kill me?" he asked sourly, his eyes burning with their ice.

"There are worse things than death," she replied, without thinking. Another poor idea.

Dead Boy scoffed. "Don't talk of things you don't understand, priestess," he said, putting such caustic emphasis on his last word that Creek Mary flushed with anger.

"Settle down, settle down," Eris sighed as she approached them, stuffing something into her pack. She was growing tired of hearing them argue. "You sound like an old married couple." The statement caused both priestess and ghost to fall silent. "So, all we have left is Adrius, eh?" She glanced over at him. "Find anything?"

17. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Adrius had just finished examining the chests and their contents closely when Eris put the question forward. "Find anything?"

Rising from his knee Adrius shook his head disgustedly, the weapons within the chest were cruel steel, forged for pain and death, one axe he had found bore a huge crescent blade with both a spike balancing the blade and one protruding from the top like a speak. Weapons of hate.

He tapped the blade of his simple woodaxe with two fingers. "This is all I need, a tool to do what must be done and no more" He shot a glance at the assassin, who returned a wry smile, adrius loathed the man. "these weapons are his craft, death for deaths sake, there is no purity in them" He looked again over to the gold filled chests and shook his head. Was the world so empty of decncy that the humble traids led to ruin and a foul man such as this Belraad could gain riches from the misery of others? The Childs word must be spread or the worlds fate was uncertain. If he must ally with this scum to save the whole world, he would do it. In the child's name he would go to any lengths. Any.

He chose no clothing tfromt eh chests either, he would not forsake his order, to ide who he was would be a victory for the enemy, let them see the colours of the order fo the child and be afraid.

"We should be going now" he intoned quietly to the others.

18. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Belraad allowed himself a slight smile as he watched the monk turn away from the hoard of gold and weapons, obviously disgusted. He didn’t fail to notice the discomfort in the rest of the group either. All except, oddly enough, Creek Mary. Out of everyone she seemed to be the only one at ease with the situation . . . and more importantly, Belraad. Being a priestess he’d expected her to be stand offish at best when it came to working with an assassin, regardless of the circumstance.

Reaching back, Belraad pulled the hood of his cloak over his head, effectively hiding his scarred face and turned toward the door. As he stepped out into the damp sewer he paused and spoke over his shoulder at no one in particular. “It is a long and winding journey, and it must be made in silence. You will no doubt see a few beggars who have decided to crawl under a sewer grate for the night. Leave them, we don’t want to leave an impression on anyone who might go talking to the City Guard.”

More than an hour passed with Belraad stalking silently ahead of the group, slipping quietly ahead of the group to scout a new section of tunnel before falling back enough to be in view of them once again. As the time passed he found himself growing slightly irritated, letting his senses drift to search the darkness for any hidden danger, he couldn’t help but note some heavy breathing and clumsy footsteps from behind him. Briefly he wondered if the monk was intentionally making all that racket. He dismissed the thought quickly, realizing that a man of that girth was not apt to be as stealthy as most.

When the tunnel reached the dead end Belraad hesitated for a moment. For years now he’d known of the secret temple and it’s followers. He once followed a rogue priest through the city and into the sewers, then watched him disappear down this tunnel. The assassin had simply never seen any profit in taking the matter any further. Now, despite his reservations, he was about to venture into hostile territory, with his companions, in hopes that the followers of the Child would agree to aid in the escape.

The sound of the shifting of feet behind him ended his brief trip down memory lane. With a skilled eye and deft fingers Belraad searched the moss covered stone wall, and pressed firmly on a rather unremarkable section of the wall. With a quiet groan a section of the wall swung in, revealing another passage. A few guttering torches did little more than add depth to the shadows, but it was better than the near total darkness of the sewer.

The door swung closed as the last of the party entered the corridor, and Belraad stopped after a few short paces. Two men, armed with crossbows and short swords, dressed in tattered clothes stepped out from a side passage and leveled their weapons at the group. Belraad had heard them approaching almost as soon as he had stepped through the hidden door. He could only hope that he would be able to talk them down before the situation went sour.

Belraad raised his hands to show the men that he held no weapon. As he opened his mouth to speak a third man approached, dressed in the robes of a priest and wearing a tight scowl on his face. He studied the group in silence his gaze finally stopping on the assassin. “If you are who I think you are, then you are not welcome here,” he growled.

19. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Eris did not look too kindly upon the menacing guards, her eyes meeting theirs in a silent challenge. She didn't know why, but knowing that she was armed with the two precious blades she'd acquired gave her a great confidence. However, she didn't move; it seemed a situation that Belraad would be better at handling.

Creek Mary stepped forward and stood beside Belraad, bowing her head. "Forgive us our intrusion, maester," she spoke courteously, and softly. "I know that our presence is unwanted."

"A stroke of brilliance on your part, Priestess," Dead Boy muttered stiffly behind her. He had donned his cloak again, his face hidden. "But perhaps you ought to let the assassin handle this."

She ignored him. "However, we wish no harm upon you or your company, so long as you wish none on us. You seem to be one of faith, as I am. You should know that I will keep my word on pain of death." She bowed again more deeply and straightened slowly, glancing shortly at the armed guards at the priest's side before fixing her gaze on the priest's once more.

20. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    "Is hospitatily a virtue you have forsaken, priest?" Adrius spat that last word out, he may have been a violent man when it came to those of sin and wickedness, servants of the userper deserved no mercy, but with his own robes donned and the cleric with them, it should have at least been enough for the man to consider his words carefully.

Adrius stepped forward to stand nearer the man who claimed priesthood, he felt the guards mood tense. Moving his hand slowly away from his axe-haft he held his hand to his chest "The light of the child shine upon thee and cast away the darkness, I am Brother Adrius, last of my order to serve in the childs name, and I can say with my whole heart this woman's words are true, we wish no harm to the faithful" He did have his suspicions of the mans faith, but in this city of sin he begun to understand the need for guards and secrecy, but he could not like it, light cast away the darkness, it never shone from the shadows.

He bobbed his head slowly and returned his hands to his sides, slowly he felt the tension in the priest lessen. He may have been offput by the assassin, but two followers of the faith in one party could not be ignored.

Search tags for this page

exhangedblowhob