RPG #7 - Dark Chest of Wonders

Discussion in 'RPG #7 - Dark Chest of Wonders' started by Nienor, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Naomi Eboncloud

Naomi Eboncloud ~The Black Rose of Maiem~

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    At his words, Creek Mary gripped her dagger with only more fervor, but straightened herself into a dignified posture fitting of her title as high priestess. Not that that title was of any value in such a land of darkness, but it gave her the strength to carry herself. Her warm eyes were strangely cold.

"She is Eris Pendragon. She carries the Amulet of the Child, if your Demon King has not already taken it of her." Her voice halted for a moment, as if she wondered whether it was safe to tell him the truth. "The Amulet may be the key to the Dark Chest of Wonders. And Eris may not realize it...."

"Creek Mary..." Dead Boy warned, still cloaked bodily as he raised a sheltered arm to silence her. "This is no business of his." He walked without fear or hesitation towards Belraad, his weapon lowered, but his eyes twinkling from beneath the hood; the color of rain. It was the only thing Belraad could see of him, even from the proximity from which Dead Boy stood. "What makes you think he won't just run back to Galathrist and tell him? He is, in fact, the man who took Eris from you."

"Because in his eyes lie no loyalty to that creature..." Mary replied. "Only to himself." She continued after being interrupted. "She does not realize it herself, but within her she holds the secret to the Chest's location. If you allow her to die, or be taken by them, all that is left of this world will slowly spiral into a destruction that shall spare none."

2. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Belraad listened to the woman’s words with an inner hesitancy, but somehow they had the ring of truth in his skeptical mind. Her companion, the cloaked figure, advanced several steps toward the assassin, his weapon drawn. Belraad realized that he still held his own saber in his hand, the point peeking out from beneath his black cloak. He wondered momentarily why he’d not concealed his weapon, as was his typical style. The assassin met the cold, inhuman eyes of the shadowy figure with a steely calm before speaking.

“If I thought to harm you, you would already be dead, however, do not try my patience.” He stated flatly to the approaching figure before sheathing his weapon and turning his attention back to the woman. Seemingly forgetting the other figure.

“The King has extended an invitation to you. He would speak with you concerning the disposition of the thief. I assume that the other members of your party are inside the city?” He continued without waiting for the response. “Of course he would not permit the whole of your company into his home, especially your pet dragon, but two or three of you may come.”

The woman’s eyebrows rose slightly, perhaps in surprise at the invitation. Belraad continued. “You may present yourselves at the main gate of the fortress, inform the guard that you have an appointment with the king.”

Belraad turned to leave then stopped and turned back to the woman. “I do have two more questions of you. What is your name, so that I may inform the gatekeeper, and why Eris? What is it about an untrustworthy thief that makes her the key to all this? Surely it’s not simply the fact that she carries some old relic with her.”

3. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "I am Creek Mary, the High Priestess of the Anaka Temple of the Child. And perhaps to you and all the blinded world, and even to herself, Eris is nothing more than a common thief. But she is more, I can assure you. I cannot explain it throroughly here. It is too dangerous."

"Oh yes, it'll be much more safe to go into the palace and explain it in front of Galathrist," Dead Boy uttered sardonically.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  4. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sallthak troted up from the end of the streat a faint glow to his eyes as he moved. "There you are cleric, I found an inn.." He said befor trailing off after seeing the assasin. "You. What do you want?" He asked coming to a stop a few yards away from the assasin.

5. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Belraad turned to leave when the woman, Creek Mary, called after him. “I would have your name as well.”

The assassin stopped and answered without turning. “I have many names, the most popular is Belraad.”

“Belraad . . .” She seemed to be turning the word over in her mind. “It means Death’s touch in the ancient tongue, yes?” The assassin merely nodded. “Is this the name your mother chose for you?”

“My, mother . . .” The dark cloaked figure’s tone dripped venom as he continued. “Yes, she chose a different name for me, not that it matters, none have spoken it in many years, it carries with it false hopes.”

Their conversation was abruptly interrupted by the appearance of the simple looking man that Belraad recognized from the confrontation in Flowerhood. He assumed that this man was in fact the dragon he’d seen earlier. The ‘man’ began to speak then stopped suddenly as if noticing the assassin for the first time. He directed a startled question at the silent Belraad, but the assassin pointedly ignored him.

Turning his attention back to Creek Mary he gestured toward the still form of one of the would be thieves. “The streets of the city are dangerous, be on you guard.” As he turned and left he added one final comment over his shoulder. “By the way, tell the Monk that I’d like to have my knife back.”

With the final comment the shrouded figure of the notorious killer disappeared into the deep shadows of the poorly lighted alley, and Belraad made his way back to the King’s Palace.

6. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Creek Mary watched as Belraad left. "Never mind, Sallthak. We're glad to have found you." Her eyes traveled to the dragon mage. "King Galathrist shall soon know that we are here, so there is no use in hiding our presence any further."

"I cannot believe what you have done, Creek Mary. You will put our lives in danger, and for what?" Dead Boy uttered coldly. "What point are you trying to prove by putting your trust in the hands of a dark-hearted assassin?"

"The same point I made by befriending a ghost," she replied coolly, rendering him silent. "That if my heart tells me it is the right path, it is so, for my heart is a conduit from which the Child's essence pulses and flows. Who am I to deny the Child, much less my heart?"

"...Where is this inn, Sallthak?" Dead Boy said, ignoring Creek Mary's statement with an uncomfortable silence. "You might as well rest your heads before you lose them."

When Eris had finished perusing, she laid back in a chair perched next to a study table. Belraad was surely taking his sweet time...

7. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    The presence of the Child could be felt all over his castle. Likely Alexander was rank with it. Ofcourse, only he could sense it. Likely the Dark Elf could aswell, but he had not shown his face for sometime. He wondered what was happening with him. Had he abandoned him ? Stolen his army ? No matter. In time, all will be dealt with. Trikeria had been very clear on that issue.

The large footfalls of the Demon King echoed around the halls as he stalked down towards the audience chamber; many nobles still had to be dealt with. And he could not let on that anything was amiss. He knew as well as anyone what happens when nobles rebel. It was a dangerous game they played, but Galathrist played it better.

When the nobles had left, Galathrist sat deep in thought. It seemed some of them had seen a Dragon close to the city. The thoughts troubled him. Dragons had not been seen in quite some time. Where they coming for him ? Likely, there were no Dragons at all, but he could not take that risk. If something big had happened in the city, there was one person who surely knew the truth behind it.

"Your late," said the Demon King, "where have you been ?"

The Assassin merely nodded his head, "Sorry, m'lord, I had business to attend to in the city. King's business, if I recall," he said, with slight mirth visible in his dark eyes.

"I have heard many rumours in this city, some more likely than others. Also, though you cannot feel it, the Child's presence is very strong here. That thief carried it, but not to this extent. Either the Child has come herself, or some of her chosen are here. Which is it Belraad ? What do you know ?"

8. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    “Ahh, again with this talk of the child. All this talk of deities is beginning to wear on my patience.” Belraad responded.

Galathrist let out a low growl, deep in his throat, a warning sign to any wise enough to heed it. Belraad met the king’s fierce gaze with a steady calm, suddenly unsure of what part he was to play in the coming events, for surely the next few hours would be eventful.

“Very well.” The assassin went on. “There are certain . . . visitors in the city that you should be aware of. The small party that accompanied the thief when I abducted her in Flowerhood. You do remember their descriptions do you not?” Belraad continued without pausing for the king’s answer. A Priestess of the Child, a Monk, a Dragon who does a semi believable job of appearing human, and . . . the other.”

Galathrist’s gaze intensified. “What other?”

“I do not know, his shadowed appearance rivals that of my own, though I think it is more a natural part of his being. He seems to be rather concerned with the well being of the priestess, Creek Mary, a Paladin in a sense. The odd thing is, he doesn’t seem to be alive, at least not in the conventional sense.”

“How so?” The giant Demon questioned, his curiosity peaked.

“I could not hear his heart beating, as with most mortals. Come to think of it, I feel the same sort of presence about him as I do with you, Galathrist.” Belraad gave a casual shrug of his shoulders as if it meant little to him. “I extended an invitation to the priestess on your behalf. I gave her the instruction that she could bring along two of her companions if she wished to do so. However, I suggested that she not bring her pet dragon along. I’ve spoken to a rather dependable female lieutenant in charge of tonight’s watch and gave her instructions to admit them into the keep, and show them to your audience hall.”

9. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Eris sighed and looked through the window, where the moonlight came pouring in. It was late...and still the assassin had not returned. She had half a mind to get up and leave, despite what he had told her to do. Since when had he had a reign on her, anyway?

Suddenly, the hairs rose upon the back of Eris's neck. She instinctively drew the dagger she'd "borrowed" from Belraad, otherwise she remained lounging in the chair. At this, a feminine voice chuckled in the darkness beyond her sharp sight.

"You're clever."

"And you're good at hiding," Eris replied darkly. "Who are you...and where?"

"Oh, we met briefly...in the dungeon. I wouldn't expect your quaint little mind to remember. As for where...why don't you come and look?"

"No thank you..." Inwardly, she was cursing herself. That female lieutenant...she knew that somehow she'd have been seen by someone. But she HADN't been seen...so...

"No, no...you won at hide and seek," the voice said with sickly-sweetness, sending a chill down Eris' spine. "By a hair, you won that little game...but you must realize that I play games too..." The thief's grip on the dagger grew tighter as her hand threatened to tremble. She could pinpoint the voice...it seemed to be coming from all around her...inside her. "And I always win at tag. I'm winning now."

Suddenly, the cold tip of another dagger touched the nape of her neck from behind, making its presence so subtly that it took Eris a few moments to realize it was there--only knowing when it pressed hard enough to sting. "Tag. You're it," the voice drawled playfully, now solid and sound behind her. Eris sucked in a deep breath, unable to say anything.

"I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, 'How fast can I get up? How thin is the back of his chair? How close is she? If she's near enough, and it's thin enough, I can stab straight through the back and at least disembowel her.' " The woman chuckled coldly as Eris' eyes widened. " 'She's reciting every thought I make...how does she know what I'm thinking?' Simple little street urchin. Your pulse is getting quicker. Does that mean you're afraid? You have every reason to be." Her voice lowered closely to her ear. "If you even have a notion of moving, I will know. And I will split your spine in two before you can blink. Then I'll just carry your stinking corpse back to my chambers where I can read through that tattered mind of yours at my leisure. Still want to get up? Good."

Eris began to sweat. "What do you want from me?"

10. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Word passed rapidly through the keep that a small party had passed through the main gate. The name given was Creek Mary. Galathrist went about making his preparations for the arrival of his ‘guests’ and Belraad excused himself so that he might bring Eris to the meeting.

Belraad slipped silently through the vast stone hallways of the castle until he reached the thick wooden door leading into his chamber. He paused as his hand reached for the door, and listened intently to the sounds coming from inside. She was not alone . . . someone had entered in the assassin’s absence, for what he had no idea, but he would soon find out. There were few places in the keep, perhaps in the world as dangerous as being in the assassin’s rooms without invitation.

Within moments Belraad extinguished the torches in the hallway and everything was black. The door swung noiselessly inward and closed just as quietly. He stood in the shadows for a moment, listening to the exchange taking place in his study. He recognized the voices. Both women looked up with a start as Belraad strode casually into the room and seated himself in a chair opposite the two.

Belraad sniffed the air and smiled beneath his cowled cloak. “Eris, it is good to see that you have bathed yourself.” He studied her for a moment in mock contemplation. “The clothes fit you well I see.”

“Lieutenant?” The assassin raised an eyebrow. The woman had always seemed to have enough common sense to keep herself away from stupidity, he wondered now what had made her cross the line and hold a guest in his rooms at knife point. “I trust there is a profound reason for your visit this evening.”

The feeling was something the assassin had experienced numerous times in the past, the work of a mind bender. He sat, relaxed, his eyes locked on hers as the woman entered his mind, probing his thoughts. ‘I seem to remember warning you in the past about this type of thing.’ Belraad formed the thought and cleared all others from his mind.

‘I’ve never been in your rooms before.’ She replied.

Belraad smiled slightly at her feigned ignorance. ‘I think that you know very well what I mean, Kai Ta. Didn’t you make a futile attempt to probe my thoughts once before?’

The woman’s brows drew closer together, but only silence followed. Eris sat in confused silence, oblivious to the exchange between the two. After a moment Belraad formed another thought. ‘The thief is my guest.’

‘I have uses for her.’ Came the quick reply. ‘She has some information that I need.’

‘And that concerns me in what way?’ Belraad replied, he wondered if the woman’s gift allowed her to hear the sarcasm that would have dripped from the words had they been spoken. ‘You are in a dangerous place, lieutenant, both physically and mentally. Is the information you seek worth such a risk?’

Anger showed on the woman’s face and she struggled to push deeper into the assassin’s consciousness. He thought briefly that this would be a wonderful tool to possess, not that it had much effect on a mind a rigidly disciplined as his own. He formed a thought, quickly, the vivid image of himself, not as he thought of himself, but as most others saw him. The Shadow Walker. The image, as clear as if it were actually happening, sprung into the other’s mind, and she saw herself at the mercy of the cold assassin, dangling from the castle walls in a noose formed of her own entrails.

She let out a gasp and physically recoiled, losing contact with Belraad’s mind. The assassin drew the hood back from his face and looked from one woman to the other. “Now, perhaps we can put the knives away and have a civil conversation.”

Last edited: May 16, 2005
  11. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Kai-Ta's lips pursed in a cold, straight line and she sheathed the blade. No sooner had she done that, did Eris turn around and jab Belraad's dagger into the Mystic's thigh. Kai-Ta shrieked in pain and made a gesture with her hand. Eris went flying to the floor, knocked clean out of the chair by an invisible force. Both women cursed, though Eris got up with a mischievous smirk.

"Now, now...let's play like good children...my ass," she spat, still holding Belraad's knife dripped in the seer's blood. "I'll talk civilly, but only with this in my hand you the hell away from me!"

"Likewise...crazy street urchin," the one-eyed Mystic hissed back, tying her scarf around her leg firmly to stop the bleeding.

12. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Belraad watched the two women in silence for a long moment, contemplating his next move. Galathrist would be waiting in the throne room for Creek Mary to be shown in, and he and Eris needed to be there. He didn’t have time for this foolishness, his first thought was to put a dagger through the mystic’s heart and be done with the matter. The only thing keeping him from doing so was the fact that she had been very useful in the past, he needed more time to think on it.

In a burst of speed that seemed inhuman, the assassin left his chair and was standing between the two women. “Kai-Ta.” The words slid quietly from his lips. “It is time for you to leave us. In the near future, you and I will have a pleasant discussion about this incident. Now go.”

The woman eyed him warily for a brief moment and Belraad had the briefest impression that she meant to do something foolish, but in the end she gave the assassin a dejected nod and left he and Eris.

Belraad turned to the thief with an amused twinkle in his eye as she stood there still clutching her dagger . . . no, his dagger. “Put that away, and let’s go. We have an appointment.”

Eris grunted sourly. “It took you long enough.” She grumbled as she slid the long bladed knife into a sheath at her belt.

Galathrist sat on his massive throne, flanked by two members of his royal guard. The long, high ceilinged room was lined with more than a score of armored soldiers, all bearing poleaxes and wearing short swords at their hips. The king made a sharp gesture to Eris, instructing her to stand at the foot of the dais, below his seat. Belraad instinctively sought out the shadows behind the throne. From this vantage he had a clear view of the entire room, including the two priests who stood huddled together behind one of the thick stone pillars lining the walls.

Creek Mary was on her way, and Eris stood bravely at the center of attention. Whatever was to happen would happen soon, and the assassin was anxious to have this business done with. Perhaps then he could rid himself of this nagging feeling of unrest that seemed to have rooted itself into the core of his being.

13. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Eris scoffed and stepped up onto the dais, looking around at the eyes on her. "Just what are you staring at, Rusty?" she muttered at the guard nearby her that was clad in armor and intently watching her. She then fixed her gaze on Galathrist; her amulet was still clenched in his unholy hand.

"Make up your mind?" she asked, when she heard the large doors of the court open behind her. She turned her head curiously, and did a double take.

Creek Mary approached, bearing her rain-stick staff. A male figure, clad heavily in a dark robe that covered his entire being save his eyes, stood protectively at her side. Dead Boy. At the sight of them her heart dropped into her stomach with dread. Great...just great.

14. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Come, Zalina heard in her head. I have need of your services.

She suppressed the urge to kill the demon king. I am not your slave, Galathrist, she snarled back. I am your ally, and you will treat me thus.

She felt a flicker of rage, and braced herself as he hurled his magic at her again. Rage turned to surprise as she held her own against him.

You… are not weak, he said at last, Zalina Æthyrlan. In fact, you have great power. But yet you do not seem very powerful, at least in ways I can see.

Power gained from walking between the worlds, which no one can see or measure, she said with grim satisfaction. I will serve you in what ways I see fit, demon king, and I will obey you. But we are allies, and you will not treat me as you treat your pet assassin.

Anger, rage, and then hatred surged into her mind, but she held fast against his power. Galathrist was very powerful, but if she convinced him to have her as an ally, she would feel easier in her mind.

Very well, he said when the torrent of magic faded. Now will you come here?

She grinned in triumph. Yes, my lord, she said, putting in the slightest mockery in her mind-voice. She could feel Galathrist wavering, as if he was trying to decide whether it was an insult or not. Then she felt the slightest brushing of a thought, a personal one.

Damn nobles, she heard.

Do you want me to eliminate them? she asked.

How did you hear through my shielded mind?

The Walker Between the Worlds has power, she said. As you yourself noted, I believe.

Do not taunt me, fool girl.

She refused to answer him, silently ghosting down the steps and going through the corridors. She wondered why everyone avoided her; several guards who saw her blanched. It was not as if she was physically imposing, and she doubted that any who saw her knew her as the Walker Between the Worlds, or even as Galathrist’s new ally. Letting the demon king’s presence tug her through the halls, she stopped before the huge doors of his throne room. Four guards were standing there, but they stopped their talking when she approached.

“I suggest you move,” she said softly.

“Oh? And who are you to suggest that?” All four guards moved against her, and she smiled, drawing two knives and one short sword.

All died within heartbeats.

Wiping her sword and knives on the cloak of one of them, she smiled again. Justifying this to Galathrist would be interesting. And it would drive home the fact that she was not his pet.

I’m coming in, she mind-sent.

About time. Somehow, he sensed what she had done. You killed my guards?

They tried to stop me. I had to teach them a lesson. Before he could answer, she pushed open the doors and entered.

Belraad was standing there, along with the woman she had seen in her first meeting with the demon king. Three other figures were there, and Zalina inhaled sharply to catch their scent.

Three more fools, one a woman, another a man with the smell of gods about him, and the other some half-dead boy. She dismissed the two of them from her thoughts and looked at the demon king.

“Why are you here anyway?” she asked the other woman, who was looking at her with a frown.

“Because he is keeping me here.”

“What about you two?” She jerked her chin at the other three, and the boy grimaced.

“We came here to retrieve her,” the boy said sullenly.

She sighed. Now what the hell do you want me to do with them? Are you planning to release the girl or keep her? Either way, get rid of these other three and send them on their way. I doubt that they’ll help you retrieve the Chest.

Belraad invited them. I didn’t.

You are the king here, aren’t you? Why don’t you do something about them? Then she spoke in Belraad’s mind. Why did you bring them here?

She could feel his surprise—both at her mind-speaking and at the fact that she was speaking to him and not Galathrist, but he recovered his poise with ease. It seemed like a good idea at the time, he answered. I thought to find our more about our friend Eris there.

She glanced at the “guests,” but the mind-to-mind conversation had barely taken a moment. Thoughts were always faster than words, but she needed more time. So she asked, “What are your names?” As the stranger woman, who had not spoken yet, began reciting her names and ties, Zalina repeated what Belraad had said to Galathrist.

I do believe it is your move, now. Do you want me to imprison the other three or do you want to interrogate them?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2005
  15. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    As the dark skinned women spoke, Galathrist heard Zarina's mind talk echo in his mind, Do you want me to imprison the other two, or interogate them ?.

Galathrist let out a low growl, one only Belraad's ears picked up. The assassin looked at him with a wry smile, and nodded in his direction. All the while mainting his air of composure.

"You claim to be a servant of this Eris, you should know that the Child's followers are not so welcome in these chambers," said the Demon King, motioning the vast hall around them.

"What do you know of the thief-girl's amulet. It reeks of the Child. I know it what it is for, my priests and I have been uncovering every last scrap of information on it. But I doubt even you know its full potential," he mocked, pointing to the priestess.

She looked around, but found none brave enough to speak up against him. She seemed to be leading them somewhat. The Monk and the dead child were yet to speak.

Galathrist looked across the Zarina, standing aside his Throne. Listening to the ongoing conversation.

He used his mind speech to communicate with her, "Take the Monk away, seperate him from the others, and question him about the Amulet. He looks like he may know more than his silence is letting us believe. We need to know how to use it to track the Chest. Fail me in this, and our alliance is at an end."

He watched from his Throne as the Monk was taken away, and the others were escorted to their cells by his Royal Guard. Their questioning would come after.

16. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Zalina walked beside the monk until she reached the guards. She sniffed the air again, smelling a mixture of divine magic, rage, and slight fear. It was a curious combination for a curious man, and she decided to find out more about him later.

After ordering some guards to escort him to a cell, she stopped and turned back. Why, I do believe you’re angry with me, she said lightly into Galathrist’s mind. Would you like to battle with me? He snarled again and she hid her laughter. Baiting this demon king was dangerous, yes, but it provided her with some entertainment.

“You,” she said, looking at Belraad. “You could be very useful in interrogating the man. I don’t suppose you can come with me? Unless both of you want to come.” She jerked her finger at Galathrist.

The demon king refused with a snarl, and she laughed openly, gesturing for the assassin to follow her.

“That was not very smart of you,” he said at last. He tried to follow the guards, but she held him back.

"I have a few questions for you before we go interrogate him, and if the guards are any good, they ought to be able to keep him in control."

Belraad shrugged. “Like I said, that was not wisely done. He holds grudges for a long time.”

“Too bad for him.” Her voice was slightly muffled by her veils, but the assassin could hear her quite clearly. “Can your king’s tame mages bring my wolves here later? It might be of some help if WindRunner and MistNight were here to aid me.”

“And bring allies of your own to this castle? I think not.”

She shrugged. “I want someone beside me who I can trust. And look, I told you. I have nothing against your master, as long as he doesn’t harm the wilds. You yourself said that he doesn’t particularly like conquering and destroying.”

“Yes, but…”

“Yes, but…” she mimicked mockingly. “There’s no reason why you can’t or shouldn’t. But look, we shouldn't both question him. Why don’t you question him while I watch his mind for anything he might let slip?”

Last edited: Jun 17, 2005
  17. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Eris held in a breath as Adrius was taken away, not letting herself say anything. Her eyes traveled to Creek Mary's, narrowing. The priestess merely stared back and moved past her, Dead Boy following faithfully at her side.

The guards snarled at the cloaked youth and stepped forward in an effort to halt him, but he was not to be intimidated. When he did not so much as slow, they drew their swords. Still his step did not sway. Creek Mary turned and half cried out, but was too late as on of the guards brought his sword down on the boy.

His cloak, torn in two, fell into a heap on the floor. However, Dead Boy remained, his foul mood turned even more sour as his frown deepened. A ghostly white trail of ethereal dust marred his face for a moment before sealing away, leaving his translucent form intact. "Happy now?"

"By Trikera..." one of the guards muttered, as they backed away in discomfort.

"Close...but not quite," he replied sourly, stepping over his shredded cloak and joining Creek Mary's side once more. The priestess had gone pale, but she continued to the bottom step of the dais and knelt, looking up at the demon king.

"I understand I have answers you wish to know," she said placidly. "By all means, ask them."

18. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Just as the comotion rose behind them, Adrius saw the opportunity to act. He had planned on disposing of these guards somewhere quieter where he would be free to move around afterwards and do what he could to help the others, but a good distraction was hard to find.

"By Trikera!..." he heard from back in the room, one of the guards stepped back to the doorway, his eyes widening in sight of what was within, his had went straight to his hip. Adrius yanked his axe from the hoop in his bag and held it firmly in both hands, and as the second guard went for his sword Adrius swung it full force into the guards face, planting it firmly in the visor of his helmet. No mercy for followers of the userper. Theere was no scream but the scrape of the edges of the blade on the steel helm alerted the other guard who turned. The axe was stuck firmly into the dead guards helm, with no other choice, the Monk reached back and struck the man in the face with all his might, after kicking him over and using his own sword to end his life. With his two captors dealt with, Adrius placed his boot on the helm and forced his axe out and stepped back to the doorway, spying in he saw his deeds had gone unnoticed, the commotion already there had drawn all eyes and ears. Adrius stpped in quietly as if coming back from a stroll in the garden, still with axe in hand, a faint trail of blood droplets followed him.

19. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Belraad listened distantly to the small woman at his side as she prattled on about interrogating the monk. After a time he began to block out what she was saying and focused his attention on the happenings in front of the dais. Creek Mary and her companion had approached the dais and the priestess knelt before the king. Dead Boy, however, remained standing and struck a rather defiant pose. The axe-wielding monk had stepped back into the hall at the far end, and had apparently gone unnoticed.

Events seemed to be racing toward a climax and the unrest that the assassin felt had reached a crescendo, it was like a voice screaming inside of his head, though he had no idea what it was saying.

Galathrist’s rage was reaching a peak as well as he looked down on the defiant form of dead boy. Creek Mary spoke and the Demon King reached out with surprising speed and grasped Eris by the throat. “Why does she bear the symbol of the child!” The King roared. The medallion dangling from one hand, and Eris, her feet a full foot from the floor in the other. Everything seemed to move at a crawl for Belraad as he watched the reactions of those in the room. Creek Mary’s eyes went wide as she looked upon the struggling form of Eris, the Monk took a threatening step forward, and Dead Boy’s hand went to the hilt of his sword.

The screaming inside of the assassin’s head suddenly stopped, and the silence was almost painful. In that instant he saw the path he was meant to take. In the space of a heartbeat the assassin whirled, every muscle in his body working in unison like the well-disciplined machine it was. The arch of his foot struck the still prattling woman in the chest and Belraad hear the sound of cracking ribs. The Walker Between the Worlds was hurled from her feet to land in a heap several paces away.

Belraad’s feet were moving before he realized his own intentions, and the long bladed knives that hung hilt down on his back slid smoothly into his hands. Dead Boy’s eyes found him and rage showed beneath the frosty exterior, Creek Mary looked up as well to see the darting form of the assassin heading in her direction. The look on her face showed the betrayal she felt. When belraad reached the dais, however, his course changed and he bounded onto the throne and hurled himself at the King, striking at the only exposed area on the demon, his head.

The knife in Belraad’s right hand sunk deep into the collar of Galathrist’s armor and his left hand followed through with a vicious slice to the side of the king’s head sending a spray of what passed for blood showering over the spectators. Galathrist’s response was immediate and violent; he dropped Eris and the amulet and spun, striking Belraad a glancing blow that landed the assassin on the floor ten yards away.

When Belraad regained his footing he had to dodge quickly to avoid the falling axe of the Monk. The two danced around momentarily as chaos swarmed over the throne room. Finally Belraad stepped into the towering warriors reach and caught his wrist before he could counter. “Take the girl and flee, there are to many enemies in this place.”

The monk, momentarily confused, understood at last what had just happened and nodded his understanding to Belraad. When the assassin turned his attention back to the struggle he’d initiated he found the King on one knee, protected by his royal guard, and being tended to by a pair of priests. Belraad drew his saber and dirk and waded into the mass of heavily armed soldiers, leaving a wake of death.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2005
  20. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    The betrayel of Belraad had momentarily stunned the King, and he recognized he poison that was flowing through his veins. He knew the Goddess would not let him die. Not like this, not at the hands of a petty assassin, whose life was now forfeit. Galathrist roared at the Priestesses trying to heal him, and they scurried off, slipping between the King's Royal Guard.

The King watched as the thief and her companions attempted to escape the castle, and noticed Belraad turn back towards his previous employer. He drew his saber, and a small dirk, and ran back towards Galathrist. Surely he would die, noone could take on the full might of the Royal Guard. Perhaps he should have watched in delight as Belraad was mercifully slaughtered, but he wanted to feel the assassin's blood on his hands. He wanted the populace to know what happened to tr****rs.

"Leave us," the King said, and the Guard's who were fighting Belraad immediatly broke off, and took up positions alongside the walls.

Steadying himself, Galathrist called upon his divine powers, and cleansed his body of the poison. The dark green light of the Goddess washed the room in an eerie glow, and filled Galathrist's burning eyes with rage. He removed his dark cloak, and threw it to the ground. His hand reached over his shoulder, and his greatsword, Reaver slide effortlessly from its sheath.

"Your betrayel will not go unpunished, assassin," spat Galathrist, "all of Trikeria's enemies will be dealt with. And I am far too powerful for the likes of you !"

Belraad said nothing, and the silence of the room, so contrasting to the prior events, was a calming change. The room was awash in the green glow of Trikeria, and the two enemies now faced one another in open combat.

With a roar that shook the foundations of the castle, Galathrist flew at the assassin, his heavy sword smashing into Belraad's dirk, breaking it off at the hilt. The assassin rolled to the ground, and threw the hilt away, now gripping his saber in both hands. The King turned around and stalked towards Belraad, as the exhanged blow for blow, Galathrist's Royal Guard watched silently, the only noise the harsh clang of metal on metal.

Black blood was flowing freely from Galathrist's earlier wound, and the assassin had taken a glancing blow to the shin. His dark clothes stained crimson.

The assasin ducked under Reaver and came up behind the King, attempting to stab his exposed neck. Galathrist sidestepped instantly, and the assassin's blade met air, as the greatsword arced over towards Belraad's back, green energy spewing from the black metal. The assassin hit the floor and raised his blade in a last effort to save his life. The saber broke in twain and the metal had already begun melting before it hit the floor. The assassin tried to roll between Galathrist's feet, but a dark energy circled around the King, and using his magic, he raised the tr****r to his own eye level.

Carrying him over to the large window that overlooked the sea, Galathrist used his magic to shatter the glass and held the assassin of the roaring sea. The wind was howling through the room, and the King's rage was at its peak.

"Let the world know what happens to the enemies of the Goddess," he screamed, as he threw Belraad out of the highest point of the great castle of Alexander. Into the dark sea below.

Search tags for this page

exhangedblowhob