RPG #7 - Dark Chest of Wonders

Discussion in 'RPG #7 - Dark Chest of Wonders' started by Nienor, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Looking between his companions and the newcomer, Adrius sighed. Ever since he met Eris people seemed to be leaping out of nowhere and band together, companionship wasnt surely dead yet but in these dark days people kept to themselves more often then not. It was a most perplexing situation which put a slight smile on Adrius' face, wherever there is interest, a scholar must go, and as the last of the order it seemed to leave him the task of first-scholar too.

Hearing the meek one in the party mutter and hand him the reigns of his horse, Adrius dismissed him for now, whatever foolishness he was up to it was of little consequence, his confesion of non-combatace showed there was still innocence left, but Adrius had learned long ago that even the meek must take up arms against their foes in this cruel world, whether it be a farmer protecting his sheep, or a religious man taking a final stand against the destruction of his beliefs.

"Mistress elf, we were merely passing that scene past and required the horses for our own needs. Since you must have seen it previously to acuse us, and we have come from there after you saw it, we cannot possibly be the perpetrators." The elf gave him a flat look, Adrius never could read peoples expressions. "And it makes me wonder how you would have thought to gain your vengence on the path of strangers, untill dead boy here revealed our destination. But alas, we seek not to slay, we only go to the aid of an aquaintence, and that is all." Putting his reigns down before him, and setting his back straight, Adrius placed one hand before him and the other slightly aloft as if making a speech. "Vengence is the tool of the lost, whose lives are perverted from righteousness by the acts of the sinful. In time those who sin shall feel the wrath of the world, but to give up thine virtues to deal the wrath yourself, is a much greater loss than can ever be avenged" Placing his hands back down on the reigns with a smile, Adrius coughed, "A quote from the chronicler of Belthis, a thousand years since it was spoken aloud but it still carries truth, Death will come to Galathrist for his crimes, but you should not sacrifice your life just to end his" Adrius stopped stroking his axeblade which he had unconciously begun doing. He killed as a punishment those sinners who corssed him, he brought the light to dark places, he did not seek vengence, not for any mortal being.

Adrius looked to the others, who istead of watching him, or at least pondering his words, were looking up behind him. turning Adrius looked upon a.......a dragon!?

2. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    *yes a dragon monk. I gess that my true nature and my seclusion from the world does explane my lack of fighting skills...* Came the mind Voice of the Dragon. *Any way are we going now?* He asked sinking onto his back legs and tilting his head questionly at the group.

3. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Belraad stood silently through the exchange, not quite knowing what to make of it. No one spoke so rashly to the king, except for the assassin himself that is, but their relationship was a bit different than most. He watched the woman and her dogs intently; his well-toned muscles tensed beneath his cloak, waiting to explode into motion. To the assassin’s surprise, Eris was pleading her case to the king to stay. Perhaps all the stabbing back in Flowerhood was un called for.

Belraad turned his attention to Galthrist, wondering what the demon king had planned; surely he did not intend to let this slight go by unpunished. The King caught his look then and the pair locked gazes for the briefest of moments. Belraad felt a kind of consciousness in his mind, not a voice as some claim to hear when speaking with demonic entities, simply a presence. Anger, was the best way to describe the sensation. Anger like none Belraad had ever imagined before. Then there was something else, a sense of acknowledgement.

Belraad smiled in the deep shadows of his hooded cloak. With a motion born of quickness and barely perceptible to those around him, Belraad brought the nose of his small crossbow up under his cloak, fired, and dropped it back down again. The only sound in the chamber at that moment was the sound of the taught bow string snapping, followed a moment later by a grunt from the wolf nearest the assassin.

The woman and the unharmed dog both took an alarmed step back and assumed a defensive posture. The injured wolf attempted the same movement but was hindered by the rapidly spreading sleeping poison now flowing through his blood. The assassin parted his cloak almost casually and held his hands out before him; each one wrapped around a long bladed knife drawn front the sheaths on his back.

“Numerical superiority is at best an illusion, you would be wise to remember that.” Belraad intoned in his hushed voice as his hands faded back under his dark cloak.

4. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    In answer, Zalina grinned. It was not a very nice grin.

Lady Huntress, aid me, she pled to her goddess, and she felt brief power rushing through her, enough for this one act.

"That might have been a mistake. Actually, it was a very big mistake." Again, the power she had enjoyed as the Æthyrlan flooded inside her, and she wrapped herself and the wolves in mist and shadow. She knew that none could see them, but she could vaguely see them as shapes beyond the gray clouds that shrouded her world.

She had been a fool to challenge the demon king; she had no idea what the situation was nor even where or when she was, and he had the power here, for evil ruled in this dark place. She would return later, when she had allies... and both the assassin and the king would regret attacking WindRunner when she did.

For now, though, she had another gift for them. She threw the knife towards the assassin's crotch, and deliberately missed on purpose. "A mistake to attack the Æthyrlan," she whispered as her voice echoed throughout the room in such a ghostly fashion that even the assassin stepped back, carefully avoiding the knife as his eyes widened in surprise. "I suggest that you be more careful next time."

The three looked wildly about for her, but she was invisible, and she said only one thing more. "I am the walker between the worlds. I can be a valuable friend--or a dangerous enemy." She darted forward on silent feet to retrieve her dagger, and the woman's eyes widened when the dagger disappeared from her sight.

Lady Huntress, take me from here, she pled silently. Away from this place. She felt her goddess' weariness; the Huntress was no longer as powerful as she once had been, and her power had been greatly reduced in this place of evil. But the goddess still strove once more, and Zalina was there one moment, and gone the next.

They arrived in a forest that sang of light and beauty, and she was obscurely comforted, and felt as if a great weight had been lifted from her. She realized what an oppressive weight the evil stench of the demon king's palace had been, and the call has stopped at last. MistNight nosed WindRunner anxiously, for he was still asleep, and Zalina knelt beside her brother, feeling for his pulse.

There's been a change of plan, sister, Zalina said grimly. We will make the demon king pay for this. Is he all right? Your nose is keener than mine.

It seems to be naught but a sleeping potion. I think that he will be all right. But you should not have done what you did. There was reproach in MistNight's tone as she whimpered and sniffed at WindRunner again, and Zalina felt a stab of guilt.

"I'm sorry. I won't be such a fool again." She sighed. "Everything was easier to anticipate back then. I thought that I could manipulate evil better than good."

At least the followers of the light do not break their word or attack us, the wolf said. And they are honest.

"Still, I think that I should speak with them again."

MistNight's angry surprise was evident as she growled at her. You are a fool, Zalina.

"I'll go alone."

Foolish sister! There will be no reason for us to live if you die. Don't do this. DOn't throw your life away for revenge or pride.

"I do what I must," she said softly, "for us all. So that I may be free of my magic."

And both spun about as they heard hoofbeats behind them, occasionally echoing as they struck a stone. Zalina's hands flew to her short swords, and she drew them out of their sheaths as MistNight stepped beside her, wondering if somehow the demon king had traced them here to this haven.

But it was two other women who greeted them.

------------------------------------------

All had been still within the forest when they had ridden forth. One wore forest green, and the other deep blue. They were both clearly young, but the green-garbed woman's attitude was so alert that it was obvious that she was a warrior, and that she was protecting her companion.

The one in blue slipped her hood from her head with a sigh of relief, as did her protector. The blue-garbed one was younger by perhaps eight years, but they both had the ageless face and pointed ears of elves. The green one's cloak was pinned by the brooch of a Guardian, and the blue one had the brooch of a Sentinel. They chatted lightly as they rode on their way, innocent faces suffused with excitement and good cheer.

"Princess Faraday?" Fa'edri asked softly when the princess did not speak for several moments. "Princess?" She was tempted to shake Faraday, but knew better than to interrupt a spellcaster at work.

"I sense pain," she breathed at last, her green eyes oddly unfocused. "Come." She set heels to her mare, and Fa'edri cursed as she followed. Who knew what horror waited for them?

But nothing prepared her for seeing a large dog at a woman's side, eyes hard and desperate as they sought to protect an unseen form behind them. Before she could say anything, Faraday dismounted, a smile on her lovely face. "I can help him," she coaxed as if trying to persuade a beaten puppy of her good intentions. "Do as you wish after that, but your dog cannot get far, the way he is feeling right now."

The older woman stared back, the desire to trust warring with suspicion in her eyes, and Fa'edri nearly jumped when she saw that they shifted colors. As the woman stared at Faraday, she finally stepped back to let the princess see to her dog, sheathing her swords as she did so.

"WindRunner is not my dog," the stranger said in an oddly hoarse voice, as though she was more accustomed to whispering then speaking out. "He is my friend and companion. He is a wolf."

If she had expected Faraday to respond negatively, she was disappointed. Faraday did nothing but smile serenely at the injured wolf, running her hands gently over his gray fur before finding a tiny dart and tugging it out. She put one finger on the shining point and licked her finger before spitting. "A potentially dangerous sleeping potion. If he was overdosed, he may die."

"Don't let him." The whisper was so soft that Fa'edri doubted that she would have heard if she did not have elven senses. Faraday placed her fingers on where the wound was, and white light lanced out to heal the wolf. A moment later, the wolf was back on his feet, and he bowed in as close an approximation of a bow he could manage.

"Thank you." The woman bowed as well. "What do you require in payment?"

Faraday was astonished, as was Fa'edri. Sentinels and Guardians served for nothing. "Why, nothing." But the woman hesitated, and finally jerked out her knife with such speed that Fa'edri instinctively jumped in front of Faraday. But the woman did nothing but cut a lock of her hair, and also pulled out some fur from her wolves before binding it with string. "Here," she said, placing it in Faraday's hand. "Take this. When you need me, call our names, and we will come."

"I know WindRunner's name, but what of you and your other wolf?"

Again the woman hesitated. "She is MistNight. I am Zalina, the Æthyrlan." With another bow, the three faded into the shadows with such skill that Fa'edri, whose skill in stealth was not shabby, felt like an insignificant amateur beside her. But Faraday stood open-mouthed in shock as she realized what the last name meant.

Æthyrlan. Walker between the worlds. Both Faraday and Fa'edri stared at where Zalina had stood last, as if trying to recall her back to ask her questions. They both knew the myth of the Æthyrlan, protector of the wild.

The two women rode on their way, but both were wrapped in silence and in their own thoughts. They might be Sentinel and Guardian, whose powers and devotion to their duty were almost legendary, but the Æthyrlan was a real legend that they had just met. Light shine upon thee, sister, Faraday thought, and wondered that she called Zalina Æthyrlan "sister." And it seemed that Zalina heard her, for it seemed that a smile flashed out of nowhere, although Zalina was far from her. They heard a chorus of wolves baying, and Faraday also smiled, knowing that Zalina had her wolves to depend upon.

The eyes in the shadows saw, observed, and slipped on their way to report to their masters.

5. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    "Foolishness," sighed the Demon King after the strange woman had appeared out of nowhere and dissapeared just as quickly. Turning to see Belraad examing the floor where the knife had made its mark, he noticed the blood of the Wolf smearing the floor where the Assasin had hit it.

"Take the woman away, have her binded in a cell and fed. I will question her in the morning, and call for my Priest," bellowed Galathrist, "have him bring his Tracking tools."

When Belraad regained his feet, he looked at the King with a questioning look on his face. "This woman slighted me in my own kingdom - she will not live out the night. My Priest can create a potion useful for tracking this Wolf, using the blood here on the floor." The Assassin nodded his understanding, he knew the Demon King better than most, and he knew well he did not like to be provoked or slighted.

When the Priest came, his dark robes and and long hair swaying around him, Galathrist pointed in the direction of the blood, and the Priest got to work. As Galathrist moved over to Belraad the sound of chanting could be heard in the background. The words were dark and fell, and they were likely painful to hear for his Guard, but as usual, they did not move or wince, only followed silently behind, their black scarves and black cloaks covering all but their expressionless eyes.

"You want me to bring her back, don't you ?" asked the Assassin wryly, and Galathrist nodded. "I would go myself, but this Kingdom will not run itself. Be careful, Belraad, she is a powerful entity, though her Goddess' powers are waning. Keep your eyes and ears open, this one may lead us to the Chest."

"I thought the Chest was in Flowerhood, m'lord ?" said Belraad, moving silently beside him as they made their way to Galathrist's personal quarters. Galathrist's guards and serving wenches where the only ones allowed here, but Belraad had gained this honour from his years of servitude. Offering the Assassin a goblet of fine Alexandrian wine, he motioned him to sit.

"The sack of Flowerhood is complete, the town no longer exists, and my army will return soon. Without the Chest. As usual it was just a rumour, and would have only been a slight annoyance had the Lord not denied us entrance. His head will decorate my walls when the Dark Elf returns." The Demon King took a sip of his wine, "this Goddess is known as the Huntress and she was an ally of the Child. She may know where this Chest is, and therefore the Æthyrlan may lead us there."

"The Æthyrlan ?" asked Belraad. "Yes," replied Galathrist, "it means 'Walker Between The Worlds' - she is an Agent of the Huntress, as I am an Agent of Trikeria."

"Bring her to me, alive if possible. She may have useful information on the Chest." More than ever Galathrist felt the energy of Trikeria stir within him. She wanted the Chest, and Galathrist knew why.

"The resurfacing of this Amulet can mean only one thing, Assassin," said Galathrist, slowly slipping his wine. "The Child is rising again. And we have to be ready. Now go. The Priest will have formulated his potion. Drink it, and you will feel the presence of the Wolf pulling at you. He will lead you to the girl. Kill the Wolves, but bring me the girl if it is possible."

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  6. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Faraday was oddly troubled by the wound she had just healed. There had been bleeding, and she thought that it was possible to track by blood, but she was not sure. The elves never resorted to the darker magics.

"Fa'edri."

"Faraday?"

"We are going to ride from here," she said, "and we are going to find outlanders who can aid us. Two elf women alone will not discover much."

"As you wish." Fa'edri rode ahead of Faraday, her keen eyes hawkishly watching for any danger as they left the realm of the elves. "I suppose we can find another band of travelers somewhere."

"No." She was startled at Faraday's harsh voice. "No. Find another elf, one that has travelled."

"There is one I know of, the woman Linw'e. She may or may not be willing to give out information."

"Then find her."

Fa'edri sighed. It would almost be impossible to find the elf, but Guardians were supposed to accomplish the impossible for their Sentinels.

"As you wish, my lady," she said. "I'll try the best I can."

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  7. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Belraad sat sipping his wine and listening to the details Galthrist was giving him. The involvement of yet another deity in this mess was a rather foreboding prospect. The assassin was always of the opinion that one had to make his own way and not rely on some higher power to act as a guide. Never the less, he did have a job to perform, and there was no one more comfortable with this kind of work anywhere. He did, however. have a few things to put into order before departing on yet another babysitting mission for the King.

Draining his cup of wine the assassin turned toward the King. “I won’t pretend to understand all of your intentions, nor will I lie to you and tell you that I’m overly concerned with them at this point, but I think that you should consider a few things rather carefully. Whatever is happening in the world seems to have drawn the notice of more gods than your own, I’d hate to see any unexpected complications arise further down the road. I also think that you should give more thought to matters before having villages and towns utterly destroyed as was done in Flowerhood. That is one less area for you to dominate, and if word spreads too rapidly you may end up with a revolt inside the areas you already control.”

“You question the decisions I make as King!” The King very nearly shouted. Though he and the assassin were closer than most would suspect, Galthrist did not take criticism well from anyone.

“Not questioning, merely observing, your majesty.” Belraad replied in an even tone. “Take my comments for what they are, mere comments.”

Belraad set his goblet down on the table and rose from his seat. “Now, if you will excuse me, I am weary from the road and need some rest. I will consult your priest on the morrow, there are a few things I will need to acquire before I leave the city.” The Demon king answered with a nod of his head and Belraad left through the massive bronze doors.

The castle was an ancient structure and the subterranean levels were a maze of dark passages, many had not been used in generations, except by the assassin. Belraad made his way to the large and dimly lit holding area outside of the main dungeon. This nagging feeling he had about the woman Eris was something that he intended to get resolved, and soon.

He slipped silently past the jailors and into a broad passage lined with relatively well-kept cells. Near the end of the corridor he found the thief in a private cell, manacled to the wall and eating a rather basic meal. He stood silently in the shadow of the barred doorway for several moments before Eris looked up and gave a start at the sight of him.

“It would seem that you are a rather important person, yes?” Belraad said in his low hushed tone. “Tell me, why is it that you are so important?”

8. Naomi Eboncloud

Naomi Eboncloud ~The Black Rose of Maiem~

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "You tell me. What does make me so important?" Eris said thoughtfully. "No one ever gave a damn before...but now, because I carry some fossil around everyone is getting in an uproar. Damned good thing I'm not religious. I might actually be worried." She sighed, seeming lax in the cuffs and chains that held her put. She seemed to be no stranger to them...though she was very good at avoiding them. Not this time, it seemed.

"Not that I'm denying the gods' existences, mind you. They exist...and so does the Dark Chest." Her eyes glimmered then strangely, but then she looked up at him. "But I have no idea why Galathrist is so set on keeping me here. It's beyond me what's going on in that head of his."

Dead Boy felt Creek Mary's arms constrict around his ghostly form. It was beyond him how he could still feel things like that...but he knew it was because of Sallthak. He understood her discomfort among dragons...it was half the reason why they were here. Why he was here.

But he'd promised to go anywhere with her, and anywhere he would go.

"We've wasted enough time," he spoke for the priestess. "If you're set on coming, get on the horse and keep up."

Creek Mary winced at the sharpness in his voice at Linw'e, and cast her an apologetic look. "If you insist to follow, please...we haven't much time."

9. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    "A victim of circumstance? It seems all to conveniant to me." Belraad replied. There had to be more to it than a hapless young woman who happened to have a run of bad luck. "You are either a very good liar, or there are things hidden from you as well. I hope, for your sake, that the good King finds what he needs from you in a painless way. He's not known to be overly patient."

"Belraad stood quietly for a moment, thinking to himself. "Tell me of your companions, those you were with in Flowerhood. Who are they? Where were you bound when I . . . introduced myself?"

10. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    With a slight moan for the discourtesy Adrius nodded. "As impolite as the boy may be, he does have a point, every minute we waste gives more time to our enemy, by now they will already be within the walls of alexander and in whatever hideout or hovel that blaggard was taking eris too, We can find her, but it will take time, time we are already wasting here." Easing Sallthak's horse over towards the newcomers in case any of them needed it, he readied himself for the ride ahead, a few hours untill the city, it may have been muhc more if Adrius had not used one of the few secrets of the brotherhood to give the horses speed. "Now, I intent to ride forth now, whoever is coming may come at their own pace, but I advise you keep up." With that adrius gave the horse a kick start and went racing down the road at a gallop.

11. Naomi Eboncloud

Naomi Eboncloud ~The Black Rose of Maiem~

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    At this, Eris smiled grimly.

"I'm not sure of my friends, if that's what you call them. I've only just met them. But as for where I was headed, it was here." She chuckled, taking her fork and patiently bending back all but one of the spokes, then jiggling said spoke into the lock of her chains with a curious but expert hand. "I was bound for Alexander because I heard someone here may know something about the Dark Chest. Much good it does me, now."

"About time." Kneeing his horse in the flanks, he sent it off into a run after Adrius, Creek Mary clinging behind.

12. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sallthak broke into a run wings slightly spred head down and forward. After a little he caught the horses and begain pacing them.

13. Dabjd

Dabjd Arch-Mage of Secca.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    On his pursuit of the Dark Chest, Wilhelm finds an ancient castle. Wondering whether there is treasure inside, he asks Seecher.
    "Treasure, treasure!" Seecher exclaims as he points to the castle.
    As Wilhelm entered it, he began to feel that he was not alone.

14. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Zalina.

"WindRunner? What's wrong?"

There is something tugging at my blood. Sister, I fear that the demon king has some dark way of tracking me. The wolf stopped and sat down as MistNight licked him worriedly.

"What can I do?" Her voice was frantic as she dropped behind from where she had been running ahead. Kneeling beside WindRunner, she put one arm around the wolf.

Leave me behind. It may be that the demon king will track me and you will be left alone.

"Never!" she cried.

You must, sister. If only to protect the wilds from the demon king. The Æthyrlan must survive.

"I will not!"

You must, sister, he repeated. You are the champion of the Huntress, and you must try your best to protect our wilds and serve the goddess.

"Fine then." Her eyes narrowed and changed to a furious black. "But you go follow those two elf women we met. They can protect you."

And bring our troubles upon them? Nay, little sister, that is not an honorable act. But we will try and find some travellers to protect us.

"And I am going to talk with the demon king. No one hurts you and lives!"

Sister!MistNight cried, appalled. Surely you do not carry that mad thought with you still?

"Surely I do," she snapped back. "It might just be that I can reason with the fool--or something."

That something being? You cannot kill him. The Huntress may have allied with the Child once, but she serves the wilds and the Balance.

"Then I think it past time that we ally with the Child. I do not think that the Child would have any objection to keeping the wilds safe." She gave a short bark of laughter utterly devoid of mirth. "But calm yourself, brother. I do not intend to kill the demon king, only neutralize him."

You cannot bring him to the light or even to the Balance.

"I know that, and yet I must try, if only to keep the Balance. I must give him every chance to do what he wills before I impose my own justice upon him. But I am the Walker between the Worlds, and I have access to the mist between the worlds."

In one, shocking moment, both wolves knew what she meant to do. That is... a cruel fate, sister, WindRunner said slowly. But a just one. I understand your reasoning. You are the Champion of the Wilds, Zalina Stormdragon Æthyrlan. Do as you see fit.

Zalina embraced both wolves fiercely and said in reply, "Keep yourself safe, brother, and may the Huntress protect you from whatever nemesis stalks you."

I think that she will pull us into the place between worlds rather than let us die, MistNight said. She has plans for us yet.

"May it be so. Call in my mind and in my heart should you have need of me." And Zalina ran towards the west as the wolves ran to the east, both stifling tears and howls of mourning, for the three had never been separated or even faced the possiblity of being permanently separated through death.

But the three wolves had their pride, and none looked back on the trail as they went their ways to hunt their quarries.

15. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Belraad watched with amusement as Eris used her dinner fork to work the crude lock on her manacles. After a brief moment the lock gave a dull click and the manacles slid from her wrists onto the floor. The thief rose calmly to her feet and approached the cell door confidently.

“Well, are you going to tell me why I am so important to the King?” She asked again.

The woman’s confidence in herself continued to impress the assassin. He knew his abilities, he knew that should he chose to act, the woman would be dead within the span of a heartbeat. She seemed to be observant; no doubt she knew the same thing, which spoke volumes to the steel of her nerves. No doubt she was quivering on the inside, but she showed no outward hint of it to the assassin. She simply stood there, less than two feet from him, with a kind of passive defiance.

Belraad let out a long breath and shook his head in mock disgust. “I have some duties to perform.” His whispering voice took on a strange note in the damp, dimly lit corridor. “Perhaps we will speak again when I return. That is, unless the King has found other uses for you.”

With that he turned and walked away from the cell door. The jailors gave a start when he passed by them on his way out of the dungeon level. “Put two guards on the woman’s cell, watch her closely.” He ordered them as he passed.

Several hours later Belraad stood alone in his chambers. In one hand he held the concoction that Galthrist’s priest had put together. In the other a small wooden figure of a cloaked man. It had taken nearly an hour for the court wizard to imbue the figurine with the proper incantations. There was entirely too much going on right now for the assassin to spend weeks riding through the wilderness searching for this woman and her dogs.

Cringing from the foul taste, Belraad gulped down the vial on light blue liquid prepared for him from the blood of the wolf he had wounded in the King’s throne room. Almost instantly he felt another presence within him. A feral presence, that of a hunter, of a wolf. With a smile of grim satisfaction the assassin whispered the command word to activate the spells woven into the wooden carving.

The air in the room began to shimmer and the cloaked form of the assassin began to appear less substantial. Within moments all that remain of his form was a swirling of shimmering particles.

When Belraad regained his senses he stood in a dense forest, the other presence in his mind now seemed much closer. Tucking the wooden carving into a pocket in his cloak Belraad began his silent stalking.

16. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    The pulling is stronger,WindRunner confided to MistNight, trying to hide his own desperate worry. I fear, sister.

Can you run? the other asked anxiously, breaking into the swift, ground-eating lope of wolves. We may be wolves, but the man who shot at you has weapons of steel. We must outrun him and hope to come across others.

Aye, I can run, sister. WindRunner caught up to MistNight, and they continued to run. At length, WindRunner said that the pulling was slightly fainter now, and the two wolves slowed. But listen! I hear the drumming of hooves! Perhaps it is deer for us to eat?

MistNight nipped him lightly on his right ear in annoyance. Don't be a fool. It sounds like horses.

Horses mean people. I wonder who they could be? Both wolves stopped in surprise when they saw a dragon-beast flying above the travellers, and tried to edge away, but it was too late.

The dragon had noticed them.

Uh-oh, WindRunner said very, very quietly. Uh-oh.

MistNight could only agree.

17. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The Dragon seemed to shrug mid wing beat and moved on with the mounted group. *No time for snacks, sadly enough...* He thought as he playfully dive bombed the Wolves befor moving on.

18. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Dragon? MistNight said, hoping that the dragon would understand her. Dragon? We need some help. Do you think that you could help us? We think that the demon king is stalking us through my brother's blood, and we want to travel with someone that could protect us, or at least is willing to fight against the demon king with us.

We make poor snacks, WindRunner added, then yelped when MistNight nipped him again.

Shut up, you fool! Don't encourage him!

I am not in the least encouraging him. I was trying to dissuade him!

The dragon indulgently waited for the two wolves to finish their bickering and look at him again.

*So, what do you need help with?* he asked.

We told you. The demon king tracks us, and we want to have companions. If our packs combine, we shall only be the stronger for it. You, too, oppose him, do you not?MistNight asked.

19. Linw`e

Linw`e New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Linwe stoped short and smiled at the wolves befor giving a shirll wistle and riding on to catch up with her companions. As she road on a Large white wolf with one blue eye and one yellow eye came leeping out of the dust behind linwe's horse and ran allong side her. "Sindaris, go to them and and tell them they are welcome to join us if the wish." she nodded tward the other wolves
    Sindaris winked his one yellow eye at Linwe inresponce and vered tword the other wolves who were slightly smaller but just as strong. one of the female wolves who had been waching could not avert her gaze from the majestic white male wolf bownding tward her and as he aproched his pace slowed till it seemed he was at a joggers pace running along side them. And even though they were runing full throttle he could easaly keep up with them. For Sindaris is the lord of all wolves after all.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  20. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    WindRunner noticed MistNight's attraction towards the huge wolf and sniffed. I take it that you like him?

Don't be a fool. He is very handsome, but I am sworn to you, MistNight said, her voice softening as she licked his ear. I promised myself to you long ago. We make a strong pack, you and I and Zalina. I will not abandon you for one who is already bonded to the woman.

But you often call me brother.

Do you really wish for us to stay that way forever? WindRunner responded with a definite negative as they ran. The other wolf politely ignored their conversation. Come, my brother. The hunt calls, and we must be away if we are to help you.

And they ran on, trying to ignore the fact that they were growing further apart from Zalina with every mile.

WindRunner sniffer the air and let out a silent exclamation of surprise. MistNight, I think that the two elf women we met are coming closer. I recognize their scent upon the wind. Let's meet them.

Sure enough, Faraday and Fa'edri appeared out of nowhere, and broke in beside them, their mares keeping up beside the wolves. "Hail, WindRunner, MistNight. Where is Zalina?" Faraday asked.

A tale best told later. Wolf, may they come with us? MistNight said to the huge white wolf beside her.

Search tags for this page

exhangedblowhob