RPG #7 - Dark Chest of Wonders

Discussion in 'RPG #7 - Dark Chest of Wonders' started by Nienor, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Naomi Eboncloud

Naomi Eboncloud ~The Black Rose of Maiem~

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "That is fine," Creek Mary reassured him as they hurried along. "Your gifts will be an assuring thing to have. Let us just pray that we do not have to use them."

She was then distracted by several cries of fright up ahead. People were crowding about the stables, where the stable hands were dragging our three bodies--unknown to the companions, the three of the five men that weren't so lucky to escape Belraad's wrath with a missing ear. As Creek Mary hurried to invesitgate, her hand covered her mouth and she was forced to look away lest she cry out in horror. Only an assassin could go to such lengths...

"Sir, what happened here?" Dead Boy asked a nearby hand, taking care that his face was covered by the cloak.

The young man was as white as a sheet. "We found them only moments ago, freshly dead," he swallowed. "A merchant wagon's missing, too. But there wasn't anything that valuable on it to justify killing three people..."

"There is now," Mary said in dread, looking up at Adrius. Thanking the boy, they hurried to the edge of town where the Djeres Highroad stretched out once more before them, going to Alexander.

There was no way they would catch up to a horse-drawn wagon on foot, she realized...and the wagon tracks were already erased in the mud by rain. Closing her eyes gently, she reached into one of the many pockets of her doeskin tunic and pulled out a small handfull of ordinary dust, lacking luster in every form. She whispered a small prayer and let go of the dust. It rained to sprinkle the ground, but instead took the transparent shape of a wild dog. It whined and looked up at her; as its feet touched the wet ground its paws took on a muddy look.

She spoke silently to the spirit and it took off with the speed they did not possess. She would at least watch over Eris and her captor until they could get there. She turned toward Adrius and gestured for motion.

"Quickly!" Without another word she followed the wolf down the muddy highroad.

Eris looked down at the ear and made a strange face. "Eww...that's alright, you can keep it," she said then with a forced smile. "I have enough tokens to deal with." She slowly took the wineskin, thinking that this guy was insane and that she'd better find a way out of here lest it be in a burlap sack.

"Ahh, what the hell. I was going in this direction, anyway. Now I've got a free ride," she shrugged.

2. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Belraad had forced his unwilling drivers to maintain a driving pace through the night. They both complained that it would soon kill the horses if they did not stop and rest. The assassin new they spoke the truth, which was why they had stopped long enough to deprive a farmer of fresh mounts a few hours back. The difference was noticeable; their speed had greatly improved. Still, they would need to acquire more horses before their trip was over.

The woman slept fitfully in on the floor of the bouncing wagon, and the lout with the broken arm slumbered noisily in his seat, as his companion took the reins. Belraad has slept little since their flight, though none of the others could be quite sure when he was sleeping or not, he managed to remain rather alert even while resting. It was a trick he’d learned long ago, when one chooses certain lines of work; they do not have the luxury of letting their guard down even for a moment. Now, However, Belraad stood behind the seat at the front of the wagon, surveying the surrounding area in the new light of morning. In the shadows of the forest he could see, perhaps see wasn’t the right word for it, a presence. Something not entirely natural. One of the assassin’s gifts was the ability to become one with his surroundings, it along with his extraordinary reflexes, was something he could never explain. Somehow it just came naturally to him. Whatever the cause for his abilities was irrelevant now, all that mattered was he had them, and he knew beyond a doubt that they were being watched. The fact that no actions had been taken disturbed him a bit; he was tempted to leave his companions for a bit to go stalking after this ‘presence’ but decided against it. Let them watch, whoever ‘they’ are. The idea of running from something put Belraad in a foul disposition, but the though of not returning to Alexander with his prize was even more disturbing. He decided that when he returned to the city he was going to have a long discussion with Galthrist about the definition of his duties.

Hoof beats, no one else heard it, but the sound was unmistakable to the trained senses of the assassin. Horses, perhaps eight or ten, and approaching swiftly. The dumpy old wagon could no more outrun a conditioned warhorse that one of the big idiots could on foot. The assassin’s hands moved swiftly under his cloak, checking all of his blades, should he have a need for them. Rather abruptly, he turned and kicked the sleeping woman.

“Wake up!” He hissed.

“What –” Her words were cut short by the men in the front of the wagon.

“Riders! A lot of ‘em!”

“Slow the wagon, and don’t do anything stupid.” The assassin instructed them calmly.

Ten mounted men topped a rise in the road ahead. Their polished armor, shimmering brightly in the sunlight, distinguished them as soldiers. The mark on their breastplates told the assassin that they were a part of Alexander’s forces, outriders.

The leader called a halt and the small patrol fanned out across the road forcing the wagon to a halt. “In the name of the King of Alexander, I claim this wagon for the army of his Excellency.” Belraad had to restrain a chuckle at the formal idiot’s expense.

The assassin stood up in the wagon, behind the two shaken drivers and studied the group arrayed before them. “Foragers?” He asked, and the leader nodded his head. “I am traveling to Alexander on the King’s business, you will stand aside, commander, and allow us to pass.” The assassin’s hushed voice carried eerily through the damp morning air.

A look of doubt passed across the man’s face, but he stood his ground. “Nay, we are ordered to take everything the army needs from the area, that includes this wagon and it’s contents.”

Shaking his head in mock disgust Belraad replied. “Very well, give me a moment.” The assassin stepped back under the canvas covering of the wagon to find his captive very much awake, and startled. He drew a long bladed knife from his script and offered it hilt first to the woman. “Do you know what happens to women who are ‘foraged’ by a marching army?” The look that crossed her face said that she understood her position quite well. “Stay in the wagon, if you are not here when I return I will be most . . . unhappy.”

With that Belraad slipped silently out of the rear flap of the wagon and into the shadowed cover of the forest. By the time he’d circled behind the mounted men their commander had grown quite impatient and ordered the two drivers down from the seat. Two men were approaching the wagon on foot, their swords drawn.

The assassin stepped out of the forest following a flurry of lethal projectiles from his belt. The pained grunts of the injured or dieing men was followed by shouted commands from the commander. A dart snapped out of his small crossbow as Belraad came on in a rush toward the startled men. He danced gracefully among the mounted men, his saber piercing plate and chain mail as he went, leaving screams of pain in his wake.

From the corner of his eye he saw the movement from the forest, the ghostly shape of their follower darted out from under the foliage and into the midst of the soldiers.

3. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Rambling on at a steady pace witht the rest of the group, Adrius gave a grumt as he stepped on his robes for the fifth time since leaving flowerhood. with only a few stops for a quick meal and little more to regain strength he was getting thoroughly worn out despite the occasional prayer of strength he muttered as he ran. Exhaustion was suffering, and suffering was a virtue, still he would have preferred better transport, if only to them find eris quicker.

Adrius placed his foot down heavily and a splash of muddly rainwater dirtied his robes further. "It will take us forever to catch a wagon in this" he grumbled to himself as they jogged onwards into the night.

4. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    "Yes it will. I could make better time on my own." Grumbled the shapeshifted Dragon as he moved with a inhuman grace eyes now glowing like a large cat's.

5. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Eris grasped the dagger's hilt, nodding curtly, and faded into the shadows. Why her captor would trust her with a weapon was beyond her...and if these soldiers did capture her, so what? It would only take her where she wanted to go...

But...

So would this cart.

But that would mean defending it from gods knew how many soldiers, all fully armed and trained...

Damn, she wished Seifer was here.

The dust wolf passed in and out of visibility as it weaved among the soldiers, and lunged at a man ready to step into the wagon. The man went down with a gurgling shriek as the wild dog swiftly tore out his throat and sent him into death. Blood dripped from half-visible fangs.

Even Creek Mary seemed to be fatigued by the long term run, as passionately as the fire of determination burned within her eyes. Also, the blow she'd taken to the head now began to take its toll on her; there was a certain sway in her step that made Dead Boy worry as he moved silently and tirelessly beside her.

"Mary, slow down...you're going to hurt yourself," he said quietly.

"No...I will perservere. Eris has fallen out of the safety of my hands, but she will not fall into their consuming flame. She must live..."

"The rogue has survived all of her life without you. She will live to see the sunrise, I assure you," he said quite darkly, skimming idly over the mud with the breeze blowing through his translucent tresses. "Slow down and stop pushing yourself. You'll end up like monk..." He looked back distastefully at the monk and the mage striving to follow them.

But he was surprised when Mary responded with a glare of warning. "Do not dare insult Brother Adrius," she bade him. "He is a holy man, and most importantly a good man. I have not yet met a cleric whom has not fallen into charlatanism and greed until today. He may be slightly unorthodox, but he follows strongly a path which I have only dreamed of walking. We have much to learn from him. So Dead Boy, keep your tongue silent on Brother Adrius."

Dead Boy made a face at her, even as he regarded with silent concern for her head wound, the blood dried and dark against her coffee colored skin. But he silenced indeed, and continued on in silence.

"We must keep going. I feel that we haven't much farther..."

6. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Dead bodies littered the road, Belraad stood silently in the midst of the devestation watching one of the soldiers try to maneuver into position for an attack. The man lunged and Belraad's saber slashed across the barred visor of the man's helm. The soldier reeled back, raising his arms in defense. The dirk in the assassin's left hand pierced the mail on the soldiers elbow, digging deeply into his flesh. With one quick movement, Belraad used the lodged dirk to lever the man's arm up and drive his saber into his armpit. With a shudder the soldier collapsed to the ground.

Casually collecting his knives from the corpses, Belraad kept an eye on the strange creature that had appeared out of the trres. The wolf, if it could be called that, had slain two of the soldiers. That fact didn't neccessarily make it friendly. The creature made the assassin feel uneasy, not afraid, Belraad had to assume the the creature could be wounded like any other, this feeling was different. Much the same as when he was around the woman and her damned amulet. He'd never felt an unease like this before encoutering the woman, he felt as if the events of his life had directed him to this point in time for a specific purpose, though he couldn't say what that purpose was.

Keeping a wary eye on the ghostly form of the wolf, Belraad climbed back up into the wagon. One of the soldiers had apparently escaped and was battling with the woman. She was fierce, he had to give her that. The soldier bled from several wounds beneath his mail shirt. No mail in existence would resist the fine edge of the assassin's knife that she now weilded. The soldier gave a muffled grunt as Belraad's saber slid between his ribs and into his heart, with a firm kick, the assassin sent the limp form tumbling out of the wagon through the rear flap on the canvas.

A glance out the front of the wagon showed Belraad that the one eared driver had been killed in the altercation, he looked to the other and gaveinstructions for him to hitch fresh horses to the wagon and get them moving down the road again. Hessitantly the man obeyed. Turning back to his captive, Belraad smiled despite himself. His hood had slipped from his head in the battle and she looked on his scarred face with distaste, as she crouched in the rear of the wagon with the long bladed dagger held in front of her.

"You're brave." He said, pulling his hood back up. "But apparently not very smart."

The woman glanced past him into the devestation on the road and then peered back into his hood, an unbelieving look on her face.

"You fought well, now give me the knife, or I will take it from you." The assassin said in his calm, quiet tone.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  7. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Eris glared at him, before her sharp ears caught sound of someone sneaking alongside the wagon...metal clinking on metal. A surviving soldier. Poising the dagger along the canvas wall of the wagon, she waited silently until the shadow's head darkened the glimmer of her blade upon the canvas. Quickly and silently she stabbed through the yellowed cloth itno where the snooping scouts temple would have been. There was barely any sound, but soon blood smeared the torn canvas and the scout's body thudded to the ground outside. So much for reinforcement.

"I think I'll hang onto it," she said calmly, cleaning the silver blade upon her pant leg. "After all, if I act up I'm sure a little lady with a knife will be no challenge for you, right, assassin?" Giving him a look, she held the dagger firmly in her hand and glanced at the blood stain on the canvas. Through the hole, she could see a faint movement--but not from the Alexandrians. Rather, it was a shadow-like apparition in the shape of a wild dog, sniffing about the bodies. As she fixed her eyes on it, it lifted its head in her direction. She ducked her head.

"...what in the hells is that?"

8. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Belraad studied the woman for a moment, clutching the deadly dagger, now stained with blood. He glanced over at the blood smeared on the canvas of the wagon where she’d stabbed the soldier. He had to admit to himself that she had done well; most would never have heard the man approach, much less be able to deal with him so efficiently. Perhaps that was the reason behind his strange thoughts when he was around her, maybe he was meant to have a pupil . . . the thought made him laugh outloud, a low grating noise that was seldom heard.

“Perhaps, you are a bit more intelligent than I thought.” The assassin commented. He turned and glanced out of the front of the wagon, the shadow wolf had vanished amongst the trees. “I thought perhaps you might know who out friend is. It has been following us for a half a day.”

They had left the horses and dead bodies on the road, a lesson to anyone who comes along the assassin thought. The warhorses that were now hitched to the wagon were notably stronger than the farm animals they’d been using so they made good time. Another days ride put them before the gates of the great walled city of Alexander as the sun was beginning to set. They passed through the gate, stopping only long enough for Belraad to speak privately with one of the gate guards, and they proceeded through town to the massive keep at its heart. After Belraad and his captive had exited the wagon the assassin paid the driver a pair of gold coins and told him to keep the wagon.

Before long they pair had passed through the broad iron gates of the castle and were heading toward Belraad’s chambers. With amusement, he noted that the woman was clinging tightly to the dagger, now tucked into her belt.

9. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Galathrist turned as a messenger entered his quarters and instantly dropped to one knee under the cruel, red stare of the Demon King. "You think I do not know that my assassin has returned ? I felt his presence long ago. Begone," and with that the servant left, visibly shaken, very few felt comfortable in his mere presence, but being alone and under his gaze could unnerve the bravest of men.

Strapping his greatsword, "Heartsbane," to his back he strode out of his quarters, his crimson cloak trailing behind him on the floor, its flawless colour in stark contrast to the spiked and blackened armour he wore. He strode into his Audience Chamber to see that Belraad had already been admitted. Or had found his own way in. He realized that latter was more likely, as noone was let in without his personal approval.

The Demon smiled when he saw the assassin's companion, a short woman dressed in common travelling garb. He could feel th presence of the artifact she bore. It was strong, and the purity of it struck Galathrist like a blow. He let out a low growl as he swiftly moved to the girl, grabbing her by the throat and lifting her a good two feet off the ground. She let out a gasp that was quickly cut off by Galathrist's powerful grip. With his other hand, he ripped the Amulet from around here neck and held it to her face, "Where did you find this, human ?"

The girl squirmed and kicked, but to no avail. The armour of Galathrist could not be penetrated by any material he knew of; her kicks were barely felt. He let the girl fall to the ground and loomed over her, "Are you a Priestess of the Child ?" The girl squirmed away, but Galathrist unsheated his sword and slammed it into the ground behind her head. Resting his hands on it, he asked again, "Where did you get this, woman ? There is nowhere to run here. You have met my assassin before, and no doubt you have seen many of his...talents...on the trip here. If you were to escape, do you think he would not bring you back within the hour ?"

He saw resignation on the girls face, and heard Belraad's low chuckle. "Tell me your name," said the Demon softly. "Eris..." she replied solemnly.

"Eris," said the King, "you are going to tell me everything you know abuot this Amulet and the Child. Starting now."

10. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Eris glared back at King Galathrist with no recognition for his title. She wiped away blood that began to ebb from a scrape on the back of her head. She'd been kicked around far too much in far too little a time. And she refused to buckle under some blueblood with a gland problem. Taking her time getting up, she stood up straight and proud.

Gods, she wished Seifer was here. He was so much better at the diplomatic crap.

"First of all, you're asking me a very broad question, Majesty," she spat. "I know six year olds who know the story of the Child in detail. But since you asked so politely..." She crossed her arms. "The symbol on that amulet dates back to the ancient Alexandrians, of the Aradhi Temples--I'm surprised you of all people don't know that. Only the High Priest and Priestess of the Temples were allowed to wear them. It's a symbol of everything the Child represented. Using that amulet, the priests were able to communicate with the Child herself." Her voice became sullen as she said this. "But the Child is dead. So it won't do much good.

"And to answer your previous question, I'm not a priestess. Hells, I'm not even religious. I couldn't give a damn. And I can't remember where I found it," she lied smoothly, "Probably during a temple raid. I'm a thief, after all." She smirked, masking her anxiety. She had to get that amulet back...and prying it out of his cold dead fingers wasn't an option. Eris could maybe--just maybe--take down the assassin, with alot of difficulty, but she had no chance against the demon king. She'd heard too much of him to be that stupid.

"You could keep that, if you wanted--but I'd rather have it back. Again, I'm not religious, but it looks good on me." Her grin grew. "A luck charm, if you will. But...in its place, I can find you another one easily, and alot of other interesting items, too. You have any idea how many ruined temples there are in the Aradhi Desert? Half of them haven't even been found, and less have been pillaged."

11. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    After another hour or two of meager running, it had slowed down to a mere ramble and Adrius was beginning feel the ache in his joints through the running cramp in his side. He wasnt suited to running, the life of a monk was usually of peace solitude, he used to enjoy walking slowly and obsevering nature wherever he saw it, but times changed, and always for the worse.

After a short trot near a thick patch of trees the group came across an odd sight. just under a dozen horses milling around the road, strewn between were as many corpses with varying degrees of stab wounds and slashes. Not pausing to greive Adrius went up to one where he spotted something familiar.

"Remember this" Adrius said as he plucked a dart out of one mans neck, the design was not uncommon but in his years studying libraries Adrius had a keen insight into subtle details, aswell as a sharp memory. "Our friend left a few behind when he took eris, it seems he is responsible for this too" Throwing the dart away in the direction of the others he bent down and examined the rest of the site before drawing any conclusion, starting with the body.

"This happened a number of hours ago, but not more than half a day, some of the horses afte rof different stock, they are tired out, our man probably took some of his victims fresher mounts to aid his journey. We should do the same." It was a conclusion any could come to, but he felt obliged to step in. Stepping off to examine the animals he checked their shoes and haunches, fine animals, but if they were to catch up with Eris before it was too late they would have to be quicker.
    Fishing one of his books from the scrip by his side, Adrius browsed the pages before putting it away again. Going up to the closest horses he softly rubbed their necks and whispered softly into their ears. After enough for the group were done he slung himself awkwardly up into the saddle and guided the beast back onto the road facing Alexander.

"Qucikly now, they have much of a headstart and we must be swift if we are to get there before we are too late. Although now our mounts should take us there swifter than they did for our enemy, there is no time to lose!"

12. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Creek Mary nodded. "Yes, Brother Adrius." She approached a palomino horse with a reluctant caution, and her nervousness seemed to bother the steed, who snorted uneasily back. In her village, they were used to stealth on foot...she had rarely seen a horse, and had never ridden one...

Her fears were calmed when Dead Boy went up to the palomino, touching its neck with his translucent hand and making a clicking sound. The horse calmed. The ghostly young man mounted expertly and held out his hand for her to grasp onto. His eyes were still cold from their argument earlier, and he did not say anything. Averting her eyes, she grasped his hand and let him pull her up behind him. It still amazed her, that, though he was but a shade, he still felt and touched as a living being would. Only, he could choose not to as well. And even when he touched, he was so cold...she wrapped her arms around his thin waist as he instructed shortly, and then, with a jolt that nearly unseated her they were off. She accidentally let out a cry of fear and held more tightly. His ghostly body tensed, but he said nothing and took off at a more moderate speed after Adrius.

13. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Belraad watched in silence as the King roared at the woman, apparently named Eris. He couldn’t help but to admire the woman’s composure, throughout her ordeal she’d not done anything rash, it was as if she were biding her time and waiting for an opportunity. Most would have tried frantically to flee when they realized their position with the assassin, or when they encountered the king. Others, thinking themselves bold and strong would have fought, and died. Eris had done neither; instead she presented herself well, and maintained as much control as possible under the circumstances. The fact that she was a skilled liar helped as well.

Belraad came out of his musings when the king’s voice died down and Eris gave her reply. The Galthrist turned and gave the assassin a questioning look.

“She traveled with three others; one appeared to be a monk by his dress, a dark skinned woman with the look of a paladin or perhaps a priest from the barbarian tribes, and another who seemed rather odd, perhaps an illusion of some sort.” Belraad said. “I doubt they’re dead, we were followed on the road back to the city. The specter of a wolf is the best way I can describe it, though I do not know where it came from, I assume it was one of her companion’s doing.”

As Galthrist turned back to Eris, the assassin took a step back and remained quiet. It was often better to simply observe than anything else, perhaps he might learn something.

14. Linw`e

Linw`e New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Linwe sat resting agenst a lardge oak tree. The lardge white wolf at her feet suddenly perked up. Lifting his head he looked tword the road. "Yes I hear the hoof beets too Sindaris." she said as she scrached the wolfs ear. As they wached a palamino came in to veiw on the horizon. Linwe wisperd a comand to her furry comrad and assended the tree.
    The horse traveled quickly along the road and reard as it came upon the growling white wolf in the middle of the it. The the goastly figure on it's back strugled to regain controle of the winnying beast between his legs and the girl that rode behind him was cluching his garmets so tightly that it was hindering his abilety to move. Linwe fired a shot from her bow into the ground in front of the horse; before jumping down from the tree. She walked up to the horse and said somthing in elvish calming the beast immediatly.
    "You are after the heathens responsible for the blood bath back there. Right?" Linwe smiled.
    The wolf behind her disapeired into the mist as a monk road up to join them

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  15. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dead Boy reigned in control over the horse, who calmed at the slightest touch of the lady. However, he pulled the reins and forced his steed to back away so he could fully see the woman they'd encountered. He wasn't sure where he had acquired such equine expertise. Perhaps when he was alive...but now wasn't the time to think of that. The lady's words were spoken with a smile; however, Dead Boy did not.

"You are correct, though it is no business of yours," he said coldly. "But that is just what we are doing, so you should realize we're in a hurry. We don't have time for stupid questions."

"Dead Boy!" Creek Mary whispered scoldingly, but she was ignored.

16. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    The Æthyrlan had returned to a wet, damp world.
    "That's one thing I didn't miss," Zalina half-snarled as she clutched ragged black silk garments to herself and crouched between WindRunner and MistNight. "At least when I walked between the worlds, it wasn't so damn damp. Cold makes my bones ache."
    WindRunner was laughing at her, she realized, and it served only to aggravate her further. You complain too much, sister-mine, the wolf said in the speech of his kind as he dodged a half-hearted kick. We are alive again. Count your blessings.
    "Alive for me to kill yet more? And you call this a blessing?" The woman stared at the wolf in incredulity before shaking her head and turning to the other wolf, a female.
    Both wolves were fine, young wolves, both gray furred, but the male was darker than the female. But in their golden eyes shone intelligence the match of a human’s, as well as wisdom, and Zalina knew that the same wisdom shone in her own, color-changing eyes.
    Wisdom attained from walking between worlds, MistNight said as she accurately divined her human sister’s thoughts. And wisdom enough to know that your ‘curse’ may yet become a gift.
    “I thought so once as well, sister,” the Æthyrlan said, “and nothing came of it save death and more death. Between the worlds, I was safe. I could not harm anyone except for those I chose to harm, for my magic was locked away from me.”
    WindRunner nodded, but MistNight said, You’d better at least find out where we are—and when. Who knows how far we have walked?
    “Aye. And we need to find the quest.”
    As one, the three turned east, from where the call had come… the call to the quest… the call that had possessed enough power to rip through the veil between worlds and drag Zalina and her wolves back into this world.
    “Lady Huntress, what have we been called back for? Our own quest… or to aid another?”
    Neither of the wolves could answer, and suddenly, there was a blur where Zalina had sat, and it soon redefined itself as a gray wolf.
    The magic’s back, she said. I did not seek this. Something called forth the magic and caused me to shapeshift. But listen! It calls again!
    WindRunner’s head swiveled back towards the east, and the three wolves trotted where the call had come, eager to begin the hunt.

17. Linw`e

Linw`e New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "Dead Boy is it? I am Linwe elven ranger at your service." the elf woman shed a smile(not unlike the one seen on the monaliesa)and bowed. Although short for an elf she was still slender and delicatly built yet strong as all elves are. Her auborne hair was in a long braid that was partially pulled into a bun with the rest of the braid hanging from the midle of the bun down her back to her waist. Her eyes green eyes twinkled micheviously as she smiled and were made even brighter by her green attire.
    "I only stoped you because I wish to join you. My skills may be of use to you and the only fee I seek is vengance for my brothers murder at the hands of that demon Galathrist." her eyes flashed like green flame as she spoke of the demon king.

18. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sallthak looked rather oddly at the Elf. "Take my horse, I do not need it." he said befor sliding to the ground and handing the reins to the monk. "I will take my true form and move that way." Seconds later a blue green Dragon about fifty foot long stood in his place. *Let us go.* came his voice in the groups minds.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  19. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    I could start swearing. Zalina was back in her human form by the time they had reached the call, but continued using silent wolf speech.
    So could I, WindRunner snapped back. Damn that call!
    I don't even know how we got here,
    Zalina complained. One moment, we were running on the road-and the next, we were not. We've been spirited into someplace.
    They noticed several people in the shadows of the room where they were hiding. One was a woman, and the others were men. Zalina did not notice much about them save that they all exuded the sense of a hunter. Huntress protect us from magic! I think that's a demon. Zalina grinned, but her smile was without mirth. And the Huntress watch over me and make sure that I never have to ally with one again.
    Explain to me what in hell you are doing, WindRunner said. You plan to ally with him? He is evil, sister. The stench of darkness is upon his very breath.
    We need someone to help us. A demon we can trust.
    WindRunner's only reply was a snort.
    He will look out only for his own interests, she clarified. He is easy to understand-and thus anticipate. The woman, too, may be of some use. Now hush.
    A thief and a demon. His disbelief was clear.
    Hush!
    For the demon king had noticed them. "Who are you?" he hissed.
    Zalina stepped out of the shadows, but WindRunner and MistNight remained. "One who may be of some use to you."
    "Your name."
    She hesitated only for a moment before replying, "The Æthyrlan."
    "You lie."
    "I do not. Now answer me a question. Who is the girl at your side?"
    "Her?" He gestured at the thief. "Why should I answer you? I think that you are quite outnumbered."
    Without prompting, WindRunner and MistNight came out. "Really? Now answer me."
    "She is Eris," the demon replied grudingly.
    "Let her go."
    "What is she to you?"
    "That is no concern of yours."
    "But it is," the demon replied, smiling.
    "Take me in her place. Let her go," Zalina repeated.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  20. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Eris looked at Zalina and swallowed hard. What the hell? (They're all coming out of the woodwork today, aren't they...) she thought sullenly to herself. She couldn't afford for the demon king to let her go...not without her pendant. She would not leave it. Also, searching in the lost temples, guarded by Alexandrian soldiers...it would give her the chance to look for clues of the Chest at her leisure.

"Umm...pardon my saying, but I'm of much more value than a dog trainer," she spoke into her hand, not recognizing the woman's name. "Just a thought." She gave the stranger a hard look.

Dead Boy looked back at Creek Mary, but she had already dismounted clunsily and regained her dignified posture, approaching the elf with courtesy and bowing shortly, her doelike eyes never leaving Linw'e's bright green ones. However, her features her firm and cordial.

"I am sorry for your loss, Lady Elf. But you have mistaken our purpose. We are not on a quest of bloodshed. We merely seek or friend, who has been taken prisoner--"

"By the damned King Galathrist," Dead Boy finished bluntly. "And we'll end up killing him anyway, so she may as well lend a hand." He ignored her shocked stare. "He won't let her go without a fight. And all he knows is death. So we will kill him and have him be intimate with it."

Search tags for this page

exhangedblowhob