RPG #6 - The Mines of Moria

Discussion in 'RPG #6 - The Mines of Moria' started by Nienor, Nov 18, 2004.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Regaurd watched then dwarf go down and took out a rope of his own. Then tied the angry dwarf down tightly to make sure he didn't ghet up with a battle fury. "I'll unty you when you're ready to calm down." he promised then looked to the elf orc thing, "So, what now?"

2. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    The last orc fell to Elenllach's blade and as the Elf wiped the blood off his fine sword, he turned to see Toell crawling up to him, somewhat like the great apes he had heard exist in Far Harad. "More, Elenllach, more goblings are this way, I can hears them," he said as he reached Elenllach. "Let's go then, we may find out where Alenda is."

The companions were stopped short when three huge, black Orcs burst out from the bushes, holding a ragged looking Elf between them, "Elenda!" Elenllach gasped. Toell looked angry, and confused. He may not have seen this type of Orc before. Then again, neither had Elenllach. "Look 'ere boys, we have another pointy ear !" The cruel Orcs behind there leader threw up their hands and laughed in jest.

"You will release him at once," replied Elenllach, pointing his sword at the Captain, and with that the Orc threw back his wicked blade, and cut the legs out from underneath Elenda, his screams echoing around the dark forest, until they were cut off abruptly by the Orc's next stroke. To Elenda's head.

As the screams died so to did the Orc Captain, Toell's knife biting deep into dark flesh, finding his black heart. Blood sprayed from his mouth, and he fell to the ground, with Toell on top of him, hacking his body to pieces. The other Orcs hadn't even moved before their heads were hewn from their shoulders, their bodies falling backwards and crashing on the ground.

Elenllach bent low to the ground, stroking the stray hairs from Alenda's face. "We will not leave him here for the carrion-eaters. He shall be buried."

It took little more than two hours, but the companions buried him with as much ceremony as possible, and Elenllach prayed to Mandos for his safe arrival in his Halls. Toell looked upset, even though he did not know the Elf. Likely he had seen alot of death at the hand or the Orcs.

"Come, Toell, we make for Moria. I will not have their deaths be in vain. That abode of Orcs will be cleansed." And with that, the companions made their way towards what was once Khazad-dum, and now a home of fell spirits, and evil creatures.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  3. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Aiwe was initially pleased when the dwarf woke up. She didn't think his wound was too serious. But it can be hard to tell when vital organs might have been hurt. The fact he was easily able to sit up, meant he could immediately take himself out of their room. Both she and Rincauthiel had a bit of packing and planning to do. More planning than packing to be honest.

Listening to the dwarf's tale, she thought, 'This dwarf left there and will most definitely be dragged back by us. What rotten luck he has.' He wasn't badly wounded enough to leave here in Dale. She had no idea what he though the King would do for him. Lately he had more pressing concerns than dwarves who didn't even live within his kingdom's boundaries.

Straightening up, Aiwendel thought she and Rin could have a little fun at the dwarf's expense before informing him of his return to Moria. The elf leaned back towards the wall slightly and rasied her dagger once again at the dwarf. "Do you know what elves do to strange dwarves who invade their personal bedchambers?" She watched the dwarf tense up, then continued, "Dwarf beards make excellent rope." To make him even more uncomfortable, she crouched back down, raising her dagger to the height of his short beard.

Aiwe raised her eyebrow slightly when she looked at Rincauthiel, wanting her to join in. With that slight encouragement, the other elf grinned and stalked closer to the dwarf with her dagger bared also. Aiwe continued, "But you, Master Dwarf, are fortunate today. It seems we have a little task that takes us back to Moria and I think you shall accompany us. Nothing like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire, eh?"

4. Sorcha

Sorcha Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Rin looked at Aiwe in disbelief. Drag the dwarf along with us? She must be joking... Giving her friend an incredulous look, she said in elvish "What are you thinking? He could do nothing but slow us down!"

Aiwe ignored her, and waited for the dwarf's response. After a moment, he nodded, with a hint of defiance in his eyes.

Seeing that there was no use arguing this point further, Rin said "Well, you're the healer, Aiwe...what are we supposed to do with him while he recovers? He's rather an obscacle where he is, and doesn't really match the decor." Reverting to elvish, she said "He needs a place to sleep for a bit, if he's to be fit for the journey." No use in the dwarf thinking she was anything but a crazy elf who might turn a dagger on him at any moment.

5. Wisconsin

Wisconsin Art House Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    "Back to Moria? The foul creature that has been awoken in the deep does not sleep. If you are to return there, I go unwillingly, but will accompany you."
    With this, Dain hopped off the pillow he was lying on. He stumbled over to his bag that had been with him and pulled out a roll of maps.
    "This will guide us on the road," said Dain sorting through them,"there is even a map of Moria here--but wait! I have been hasty. What fell deed takes you Elves to Moria?"

6. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Squatting down next to the dwarf again, Aiwe replied, "Not exactly in the position to question us, are you?" She quickly whipped out her dagger to make the point. Noting his uncomfortable expression, the elf continued, "But since I'm in a generous mood today, I'll tell you. One of the dwarves brought a letter from Lord Balin requesting help. There are no troops to spare here. So, my companion and I are going for a bit of adventure. All we can hope is to pick up a little support along the way. There is bound to be a few crazy rogues along the way we can recruit."

Rincauthiel shifted and cleared her throat while Aiwendel was speaking to the dwarf. With some embarassment, Aiwe answered her in elvish, "I know. He can sleep outside of the city with that other dwarf. I would not impose on you to share our quarters with him. Most likely, he'd rather say with his own kind."

Speaking to the dwarf again, "Just outside the city gates is a dwarf called Molin who is accompanying us. I'm sure his company for the night will be more acceptable to you than ours. We will need our quiet time to meditate. In the morning I will change the dressing on your wound, there is little more I can do for it now." Smiling at him, she went to attend to the task of putting the medical supplies away. The dwarf took this as his leave to go, and started out of the room. Before he left, Aiwe remembered the question she wished to ask him, "What is your name, good Dwarf?"

Bowing as best he could with the injury he replied, "Dain." and left.

Aiwe started to talk to Rin about their journey when she heard a shuffling noise outside of the door. Sighing inwardly, she realized the dwarf didn't leave. He was just eavesdropping. Swiftly she tiptoed over to the door and yanked it open. The stubby dwarf fell flat on his face, not expecting for the door to be yanked open, "Is there something I can do for you?" she asked with unveiled sarcasm.

Search tags for this page
best moria rpg replacement

moria style rpg