RPG #6 - The Mines of Moria

Discussion in 'RPG #6 - The Mines of Moria' started by Nienor, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Early in the morning hours, a dwarven messenger burst into Bain's study. Reminants of his former armor were battered and bloodstained. With a heavy sigh, the tired dwarf marshalled his remaining strength to stand before the King of Dale. Bowing, he presented Bain son of Bard with a tattered scroll, "From Balin, Lord of Moria, your Majesty."

Bain removed an ornate silver letter opener from his desk drawer, then used it to break the red wax seal on the scroll. He intently read the missive with an ever growing frown. Motioning towards one of the secretaries present in the room he declared, "Make inquiries about the castle for adventurous men and women willing to travel to moria. Orcs are amassing in the mines and harassing the dwarven settlement."

"My liege, what about sending some of your own soldiers?" inquired Bain's secretary.

"I cannot," he replied. "I have sent many men to Mirkwood to aid the Elven King; there are none left to spare. Even if I had extra men, I would hesitate to order men to the black pit of Moria."

"Go now and do as I say." Bain ordered.

From a pile of books in the corner a small voice piped up. "I wish to go." declared a female elf sitting cross-legged on the floor.

"Did I hear you correctly, Elf?" he said with amusement in his voice. "Near as I can remember, elves and dwarves dislike each other intensely."

"I have no hard feelings against dwarves." she responded. "And am I intrigued by the prospect of seeing Moria."

Bain shook his head in disbelief, but offered no more advice. After staring at the elf for a moment, he resumed reading the letter from Moria. The elf went back to cataloguing the books while keeping a sharp eye on the door.

2. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Reguard sat atop his mule looking through the scenery as best he could, he'd never been to this area before, and the entire experience was amazing to him. He was looking for the dwarf king Bain's halls, but frankly he wasn't sure what he was looking for.

3. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Karim, the personal assistant to the King of dale entered the study.
    "What is it, Karim. I have important business here." asked the King.
    "Sorry to interrupt sir, but there seems to be a Dwarf in great distress in your great hall. And he is asking for you, my king." The Dain looked up from the letter he receiveid from the messenger.
    "I might as well receive him... Follow me, Dwarf, Elf."

Moments later, the King entered his great hall, and ascended hit trown. The Elf and the Dwarf took a chair on either side of him. In front of the King kneeled a Dwarf; young, but travel worn.
    "Who are you, and what is your errand!" demanded the King.
    "I seek refuge, my liege."
    "And still, you have not told your name. What is... Say, young Dwarf, do my eyes deceive me, or is that the Axe of Narvi, strapped to your back?"
    The Messenger stood up, and shouted:"It is! I can recognise a work of the Master across plains, if I must! Where did you get it, you thief... Tr****r! The Dwarf was ready to fight on the spot, but the King called him back
    "There is no fighting in my great hall, Dwarf. Be seated and let me handle this!"
    "My king..." answered the Messenger and sat down again.
    "Now, young Dwarf. I demand you to tell where this comes from. Am I not correct in saying that the King under the Mountain gave this axe to Bolin, the great smith of Erebor?"
    "You are, my King..."
    "What are you doing with it here, then!" demanded Bain
    "I took it from my father, after an arguement, my King"
    "Your Father?... Why would his son dishonour his father in such a way? Now I know why you hesitated to tell your name. And do so for the rest of your life, for the shame you brought to your father is beyond reckoning! Your name is Molin, is it not?"
    "my king..." answered Molin.
    "I an NOT your king!" shouted Bain in fury. "He lives under the lonely mountain. You asked for refuge, but refuge I can offer you not, nor am I willing to. The Dwarven of Erebor are our friends, and giving you refuge would compromise that beyond repair. No, in stead, I send you on a mission to Moria. I received a request for sturdy men to go there and help local forces to hold back the Orcs. Go with them and let that axe do what it does best... what it was made for, so many years back. If you die on that mission, then you get what was coming to you in the first place. We will only mourn about the loss of a good axe. Come back alive, and we will talk about things such as refuge or even repatriation. I know you are young, almost too young for such a quest, but listen to me, Young Dwarf, you made a mature mistake in taking that axe from your father who loved it more then anything else."
    Molin erected, but hesitated, but the Messenger interrupted.
    "I will not have this... thief on a quest to Khazad-dum, the sacred home of the Dwarven!"
    "Silence my Dwarf, It is my call who enters this quest, is it not? You asked me for all the men and women I can spare... And certainly, I can spare this one. And after all, can you not use al the man power you can get?
    Go now, Young Dwarf, and prepare yourself. Or go, into the wild, never to be seen here in Dale again... alive! Either way, I will not tolerate you in this city any longer, one of the cabins outside the city will be prepared for you."

"I... I will accept your quest, King." And so, Molin the Young left the Great Hall of the King of Dale

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  4. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Reguard and the mule approached the edge of the wilderness, there they saw the great hall of Bain king of Dale. Strange he'd thought dwarves lived under ground? Maybe that's why those people had laughed when describing Bain, he wasn't a dwarf at all! The nomad shrugged, he'd get them back later, right now he had a quest to apply for.

5. PenguinofDeath

PenguinofDeath The name says it all.

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Maelor walked out of the woods, wiping the blood from his blade onto the floor. It was rather rusted from over-use- but he wasn't prepared to use his 'special' weapons on the spawn where he'd come from. Looking towards the hall, he had to shield his eyes- the sun was too bright for his liking. He pulled the hood of his cloak further down, covering his face. He wasn't welcome in most parts, not that he enjoyed the company of humans much, anyway. They were rather too...narrow-minded, for his liking. They seemed very similar to the orcs they so desperately hated and feared. Looking to his left, he saw a figure stood with a mule- funny he didn't recognise him, although he was little more than a shadow to his eyes, he smelled faintly of spices, and moreso of sweat. A human...Maelor sniffed, and carried on towards the gates. He hoped that old seer was correct in that he'd find work here. It'd be a shame to have relieved him of his wallet for nothing...

6. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Scratching the rest of the mud away and pushing one more time, the stone came loose and daylight beamed into the narrow collapsed cavern. Long forgotten by dwarves and even goblins, only a few lizards and insects roamed the narrow passage. But it was big enough for Toell to crawl through and with enough digging and shifting stones he had made his way through.

The sunlight shone refreshingly onto his dirty, wrinkled face, the grime and dirt and rotten teeth made him look a picture of decay, but his glassy wide eyes held vthe vigour of a young man. A slight breeze rushed into the rocky hills and lifted a few bits of his greasy filthy hair.

Pulling himself out of the hole Toell turned to look at the mountains, "Infront of the sunset!" he excalimed in joy, he had made it to the other side of the mountains. Laughing hysterically he jumped around a little without thinking. "No trolls in the little holes! no stopping Toell this time!!! Stony peaks wont laugh at me now!!" Picking up a stone and trowing it at the mountains to enphasise his point, Toell laughed a little more before settling down to cough a little. He was in a new land here, he could find new things, see new sights, perhaps there were other people here, he doubted that though, there were only a few people in the world and those just went along the road near his home. Maybe bree was here, he would have to find out.

Remembering that it was nearly sunset and his middle was yelping, Toell looked down to see the lizard he had killed in the tunnel, untying it from his rope around his shodden rags that were once trousers he was careful not to let them fall down. He sat down and gutted the thing with his knife, the sapphires and gold glinting in the setting sun, and then he went out to collect firewood.

Some time later with a full belly and picking bits fron his teeth with a bone, Toell wondered what to do next, he had many places to go, to look around, to find more treasure, whatever he wanted, perhaps he would kill some goblins, if there were some this side of the mountains that is. "Pointy's choice" he muttered and picked up his knife. Holding it parallel to the ground he spun the blade and let it fall and slowly spin untill it stopped, the tip pointing back to the mountains. "Pfft! lucky damn pointy, youd be stabbed for that if i could" Pointy was the only stabbing thing he had, and thus he couldnt stab pointy like he had the lizard. Getting up and kicking it against a tree to remind him there were other ways, Toell repeated the spinning action, This time the tip of the knofe pointed away from the mountains, an interesting direction. Settling back down and lying beside the fire, Toeel bagan shaving the twigs from a long branch he had gotten earlier, his last quarterstaff could not fit through the tunnel, he had had to abandon it, this one would be called 'greeny' after the leaves on it, making his introductions Toell finally settled down to sleep, it had been a long day and tomorrow he had a lot to do.

7. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    The eerie, unnatural silence of Mirkwood was broken by the twanging of bows, and the screams of the Orcs that haunted the area around Dol Guldur. Even during the day, the darkness was thick, and the Orcs hunted for food in the forests. What they didn't expect, was that they were hunted themselves.

The screams echoed around the woods, and before long not a single of the 20 or so Orcs stood standing. Apparenty out of nowhere, three Elves dropped lightly to the forest floor, their longbows strapped on their backs, all except one. His name was Elenllach - he was tall, dark eyed, and dark haired. The two without bows rummuged through the corpses and took any arrows that could be reclaimed, Elenllach however, scouted around silently. "Daro ! he yelled to his compainions. They stopped rumaging and unlimbered their bows once more. Elenllach sniffed the air, "Yrch ! he cried, "Drego ! Delio !. The other Elves complied and hid themselves in the darkness. " Yrch anglennol," he cried as 5 more Orcs burst through the trees and into the open, weilding crude scimitars. "Gurth a chyth-in-edhil" cried the Elves behind him as they let fly their arrows, Elenllach turned in time to see two arrows hit home, killing the Orcs instantly. They were too close for Elenllach to shoot, so he dropped his bow, and effortlessly slid his sword from its sheath, "A Elbereth Gilthoniel" he sighed, as he plowed into the Orcs with a deadly grace. In moments, they were erradicated.

Looking around, once more, Elenllach picked up his bow as his kin reclaimed their arrows, and the three silently made their way back to the Elven city, to tell King Thranduil about this startling chain of events, and seek his wise counsel.

8. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    While sorting through a large stack of books, Aiwe watched as Bain's secretary entered his study. The wiry man had been in out several time that morning carrying stacks of important papers and messages. This time he looked slightly more concerned, announcing there was another distressed dwarf to see Bain. Aiwe thought this one probably followed the other dwarf out of Moria. She wanted to hear what was going out and considered ways to eavesdrop on the conversation. Her musing on that was interrupted by being called out to follow him. "I might as well receive him... Follow me, Dwarf, Elf." Immediately anger rose up in Aiwe, she disliked being called 'Elf". Aiwendel has a perfectly good name and the King knew what it was. Given his imperious mood, she thought it was best not to anger him by mentioning the insult. Instead, the elf followed him into the hall, found a comfortable chair in an unobtrusive place and prepared to listen.

A young male dwarf carrying an impressive axe entered the hall and asked for refuge. The other dwarven messenger rabidly attacked the other dwarf accusing him of stealing the axe. Fortunately for the newcomer, the King forbade violence in his own hall. Instead of offering him refuge, he was given the opportunity to redeem himself by traveling to Moria. Aiwe hoped he would accept. The mission would need more than a couple of elves and one dwarf.

Soon as the dwarf named Molin left the hall, the messenger turned angrily on Bain. "How dare you make me journey with a thief. He will steal us all blind or murder us in our sleep before we even reach Moria. Since he is going, I am not. I am too battle weary to return anyhow. Good day, your majesty." After he finished those angry words, the dwarf stalked out of the hall fast as his short legs would let him.

King Bain looked questioningly at Aiwe, wondering if she too would refuse to travel with Molin. Astutely intrepreting his thoughts she said, "Are there any others to join upon our quest, my lord. Just myself, Rincauthiel and this dwarf aren't much of a force to reckon with."

Sighing the king replied, "There are none in Dale I would send with you, Elf. I will handsomely provision the three of you who are leaving, but you should find your own companions upon the way. There is no way I will send my own people to death. I'm sure upon the road you will find a variety of mercenaries, crazy men and adventure seekers to aid you." Aiwe nodded at his statement, she had doubted the king would provide more than the supplies necessary. Standing up, she prepared to exit his hall when he called out, "What about my library, Aiwendel? I paid you in advance to organize and catalog all those rare books."

With a smile, Aiwe responded, "By the late afternoon, I will be completely finished. I thank you for your generous stipend for my work. My friend and I shall be ready to leave in the early morning, I am sure the provisions can be ready by then. Good day, my lord, I go to seek my friend Rincauthiel. She is surely eager for more adventure than we have had in the past month." Aiwe bowed slightly to the king, and exited his hall.

The job of organizing King Bain's personal library had been fun for Aiwe. There was nothing she liked better than reading for hours and discovering new tomes. But her friend Rincauthiel was another story. Aiwendel thought there was nothing her friend hated more than studying. Smiling to herself, Aiwe thought the quest might be slightly tedious for her if not for the three duplicate books she had appropriated from Bain's study. The man would never notice they were gone, what use did a library have for two copies of the same book anyhow. Heading outdoors, Aiwe sent to seek her friend and explain the journey to her.

9. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Reguard rode through the gates of the town recieving all sorts of awkward looks from people. They've obviously never seen such an impressive mule thought the nomad, what he failed to realise is that few people actually rode mules, so much as had them move things. After looking around for a few minutes and getting laughed at by everyone who heard him say he wished to see Bain the young nomad became discouraged, "He must not be here, guess I'll just go wait by the road till someone desides to tell me where this character is." said the nomad aloud as he rode out of the gates. He had the mule stop a few yards out, someone would come, he just knew it.

10. Sorcha

Sorcha Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Steady mind, steady hand…

Rincauthiel leveled an arrow at the target and released, sinking it deep into its straw neck.

Perfect.

Her aim had gotten better over the month she and Aiwe had been at the keep, mostly due to the lack of anything better to do but practice combat skills. Tossing her cropped brown hair out of her face, she nocked another arrow, aimed, and fired, hitting the practice dummy at the base of the throat this time. A bit lower than it should have hit, she berated herself. Putting bow aside, she went to retrieve the arrows from the target. In retrospect, there were other things to do around the keep, but all involved organizing and studying old and dusty books, something Rin would sooner avoid.

Aiwe lives for that, she thought wryly. Her best friend was completely her opposite, even in appearance. Aiwendel was short, where Rincauthiel was tall, even for an elf. Rin was outgoing while Aiwe was more on the introverted side, spending more time with her books than at social events. Because of their differences, they often argued, but always were as close as sisters.

I must get out of here before it kills me. When Aiwendel said adventuring, books and manuscripts were certainly not what I had in mind. If I am forced to stay here one more day – she wrenched the last arrow out angrily, almost snapping it. Now in a foul mood, she turned around and stalked back towards the building her quarters were in, snatching up her bow and quiver as she walked.

Turning the corner to her room, she almost ran into Aiwendel hurrying down the hallway. “Suliad Aiwe, enjoy organizing your dusty books today?” Rincauthiel asked, with a touch of rancor. Hurt flickered across Aiwendel’s face for a moment, but was quickly replaced by indignation. She started to reply, but Rincauthiel interrupted guiltily, “I am sorry, my friend, I should not have taken out my anger on you. What are you in such a hurry for?”

11. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    "This is indeed an oddity, but one I have feared for some time. Orcs are moving again in the Mountains. Moria is no longer and abode of Dwarves, but a land of fell spirits and dark beings," said Thranduil with a touch of sadness. His son, Legolas, stood at his side, listening intently too the conversation.

"Elenllach, it has come to my attention that the King Bain prepares to reclaim this land. He has not asked for it, but help will be needed. This threat concerns not only the Dwarves. You know the perils of Mirkwood better than any other, you know what would happen should the Orcs multiply in the mountains."

"Yes, my lord, we would be overrun," he sighed, "and every last Elf killed. Though we battled valiantly as the Elves of old..."

"My young warrior, it is your duty to cleanse this land, and in doing so, save us all. You are my best scout, and the best swordsman I have known. Your skill with the bow is unquestionable, second only to my son. I will send two companions with you, Alenda and Kymen. They will escort you to Moria, and return with news of its condition."

Elenllach bowed low, touching his right hand to his heart. "I obey, my lord. Alenda, Kymen ! We leave immediatly. Gather your things, we must cross through the dark of Dol Guldur before we reach Moria. Travel as lightly as you can, stealth will be our greatest ally."

As the two Elves ran to their quarters, Ellenllach gathered his dark cloak around him, buckled his sword onto his belt and his quiver on his back. He held his unstrung bow in his hand, ready to string in an instant. He shuffled his cloak til it covered him entirely, then tied it at the neck, and threw the cowl over his head. Soon, Alenda and Kymen returned, dressed in the dark greens and browns that would camoflauge them in the forests. Alenda and Kymen both had longbows strapped to their backs, but Alenda carried a spear, and Kymen used a short sword as his melee weapon of choice.

Bidding goodbye to his friends and relatives, he looked up at the stars. Night had fallen again. Though it always seemed this way in Mirkwood. "A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!" he sighed as he and his companions dissapeared into the shadow.

12. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Molin arrived at the Cabin assigned to him and his escort left him. Tired and in thought he fell onto the sack of hey, representing a bed.
    "Khazad-Dum... Infested with Orcs..." Supprisingly, the fact that Moria was orc-infested didn't make him angry, like a proper Dwarf should be. No, at this moment, he feared for his own life. He was what? 59? Kili nor Fili was that young when they made their Great Journey. Yes, he heared their stories, about Mirkwood, the terrors of the Dark Woods in the West. About spiders and Elves, illusions and hunger but thirst not the least. It would take weeks to reach Anduin... and then? Yes, he studied the Maps of Old, and new, all the same. In fact, they attracted him more then his hammer and anvil. Either way, he knew the road would be hard, if not impossible... Sure, they could take the road through the Grey Mountains, the birthground of his father. But it would be a slow road, possibly too slow to be of any help to the Dwarven in Moria... And even after Mirkwood, the path wouldn't be cleared at all. The road would lead either dangerously close to Lorien or to Rivendell, with Caradhras between the Old Ford and the latter.

"I can only hope for a large party of men, brave and stout, to trod through Mirkwood quickly. That might give us the best chance to get to the other side, or at least the best part of the party. The only thing I have to do is stay close to the best of warriors to stay alive. After all, my fighting experience is limited to some childplay, serious battle training would be given to me only at age 70." He untight his Axe and took it in his hands.

"Cursed axe, what problems hast thou brought me?"

He walked outside the cabin and sought out a tree, that was as thick as his arm and gave the axe a forcefull swing. To his suprise, and with little resistance, the axe hewed right through the tree. Moments later, it fell sideways and landed on the ground. He took a bigger tree, one with the width of his foot and gave the axe another swing, and again, the tree severed in one strike like a knife would through a carot.

"Oh, I lift every curse I have casted upon you, Axe of Narvi, for thou art truely blessed. Now I understand my fathers love for you. Abide with me, as long you can endure my hands."

For the time being, the spirit of Molin was lifted, since his limited skills as a warrior were heavily compensated by this axe beyond believe. He was ready to accept his faith, as long as he had this axe looking after him.

13. PenguinofDeath

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Maelor glanced towards the keep- his acute hearing picked up a crash. Another tree fell beside it. Assuming it was a group of dwarven lumberjacks, he decided to approach them. Crossing the clearing, he watched the man on the mule go another way, and could breath a little easier. He had some resentment against humans, perhaps it was in his blood.

No more trees had fallen, which he found a tad odd, but he decided to head in the direction anyway. Feeling slight nausea and unease, he brought out his 'special' weapon- the ceremonial sword that the elf mage had been wielding. Coming into the clearing, his stature was positively orc-like, as he saw a dwarf with a gleaming axe.

14. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Suddenly, Molin found himself face to face with a hidious creature. His axe still in his hands made him reassured about the situation. If this was an Orc, he would regret meeting him, he thought. Either way, one Orc should be the first to be slayed by Molin with the Axe...

"Speak, stranger! You look like an Orc to me if I have ever seen one, though unlike every Orc I have ever seen!" -Truth was he never before saw an Orc, but he saw pictures of them, and this breed was very different from what he had ever seen in those books.

"Quickly, before I sever your neck! And be reassured by the fact that this axe is very good at just that!"

Molin braced himself, not sure what the creature would do. After all, Orcs better in slashing swords and trickery then talking altogether, if they mastered that skill at all.

15. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Reguard was awakened by the shouting of a loud creature aways away. Being that he'd never heard a noise that he couldn't beat he hopped up on his mule and quickly rode to the source. He didn't bother to draw a weapon because he didn't know what had shouted, when he got to the source he saw a dwarf and an elf with a strange posture squaring off. Reguard stopped the mule, he didn't want to be rude and interrupt their death fight.

16. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    "I was hurrying to tell you some good news, "Aiwe replied. Sometimes she wondered how Rincauthiel could be so callous when speaking to her. Aiwendel never made careless remarks belittling things that interested her friend. While combat skills were of importance to elves who wandered the woods, archery sometimes consumed her friend's life. Despite all the books, interesting gardens, ancient ruins and beautiful forests located near Dale, Rincauthiel had spent all of her time on the training grounds. Mostly practicing her archery. Aiwendel occasionally wished her friend would be interested in learning history and observing nature as she was. But, most of the time she appreciated having a companion who's interests were a direct opposite of hers. If not for Rincauthiel's gentle prodding, Aiwe would probably never leave the library.

Trying her best not to show the comment wounded her, Aiwe entered the room they shared. The modest room was perfectly suited for two people with two matching beds, bureaus, chairs and desks on either side of the room. Aiwendel's side was neat and the only visible personal items were books left on her desk. Rincauthiel's on the other hand looked as if a blizzard had hit it. Her tunics and pants were carelessly left on the bureau and her spare bow was lying on the bed.

"I am finished with the library job and we are leaving Dale tomorrow!" Aiwe exclaimed to her friend. "I know the past month had not been very exciting, but the pay for the job was decent enough to get our horses re-shod and maybe buy a couple of bottles of miruvor for sitting around the campfire at night.

Rin's face brightened up at the thought of leaving Dale. For a moment, Aiwe felt guilty leaving her friend mostly alone for the past month while she worked. But truly the stipend for the job was too good to have ignored. It cost money to adventure. While they could mostly live on what they found in the woods for themselves and the horses; it was convenient to have some easy rations ready and it cost money to replace worn out horse shoes and tack. Not to mention, both elves liked certain luxuries at times. It was pleasant to own a fine mithril dagger instead of a regular one or soft silk shirts to wear underneath practical woolen tunics.

For a moment, Aiwe was afraid Rincauthiel wouldn't like the quest they were about to embark on. After all dwarves and elves were not the best of friends and hunting orcs was dangerous. Taking a deep breath, Aiwe brushed her light brown hair from in her eyes and said, "We're journeying to Moria. A messenger arrived saying the dwarves were overrun by orcs. This is our chance to use our bows for more than bringing down dinner! I feel our adventures have a real purpose in doing this."

17. PenguinofDeath

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Maelor glances at the dwarf with pure malice, before he regains his senses- "An orc? You are half correct..." He chuckles, "But I am not a foe if you aren't..." The axe the dwarf wielded filled him with unease, and he had a nagging feeling that had the dwarf not been in posession of such a weapon, he may have launched an attack.

As a human entered, he turned, and narrowed his eyes "And you are?"

18. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Reguard cocked an eyebrow, he wasn't used to such an open ended question, "What do you mean?" he asked, "I'd assume you know I'm human, but are you asking my name, or my family or perhaps my job? You must forgive me but I'm not used to such a vague question."

19. Sorcha

Sorcha Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Rincauthiel almost jumped for joy when Aiwendel told her the plans to leave tomorrow. Aiwe paused for a moment, obviously hesitant to reveal more about the quest. "We're journeying to Moria. A messenger arrived saying the dwarves were overrun by orcs.” Rincauthiel’s eyes darkened. As if seeing her friend’s hesitancy, Aiwe hurriedly added “This is our chance to use our bows for more than bringing down dinner! I feel our adventures have a real purpose in doing this." Rin's casual dislike of dwarves was certainly outweighed by her hatred of orcs and her extraordinary boredom at the keep.

“We leave tomorrow then,” Rincauthiel said, failing to hide her excitement. “May I ask who else is traveling with us? Surely even Bain could not be stupid enough to send just we two against the invading orcs,” she said with a grin. “As skilled as we are, I do not believe that we could possibly stop them all.”

“Well, there is a dwarf coming with us,” Aiwe replied. “Molin, I believe he is called.”

Rincauthiel stared at her friend in astonishment. “You mean to tell me that there will be three of us? I hope that your dwarf is very skilled. Awful odds against us, wouldn’t you agree?”

“Well, yes…” Aiwe admitted, “But we will acquire more companions along the way. We have money to hire them if need be.”

“All right then, we will leave early tomorrow morning,” Rincauthiel declared. “I suppose we should pack.” She looked about the room she and Aiwe shared, noting the difference between her side and Aiwendel’s. A bit embarrassed, she started picking up clothes off the floor, bed, and bureau, shoving them into her traveling bag. Aiwe seemed to be doing the same, pulling meticulously folded tunics out of the bureau and placing them carefully in her bag. An uncomfortable tension was between them, due in part to Rin’s harsh words.

Rincauthiel prided herself on her ability to phrase everything exactly as she wanted. Her words also often got her into trouble when she said whatever came to her mind, hurting people close to her.

“So Aiwe, did you find anything interesting today in Bain’s library?” Rincauthiel said, trying to make conversation. Aiwendel’s eyes lit up at the opportunity to speak of what she loved so much and began quickly telling of all the histories and manuscripts she had perused while in the library. Glad to see her friend acting like herself again, Rincauthiel finished packing her things while Aiwe chatted away happily, Rin nodding and agreeing once in awhile so Aiwe would think she was interested. Plenty of time to discuss the details of the journey later.

20. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Elenllach and his companions emerged from the dark forest into the first rays of sunshine they had seen for weeks. Elenllach looked towards the sun. It was nigh on mid-day - the sun was at its zenith. Alenda and Kymen had not been out of Mirkwood often, and always expressed surprise at seeing a land that wasn't covered in foilage.

"Daro an îdh sí" said Elenllach, and his companions nodded in agreement. They also wished for rest. Setting up a small camp, Elenllach, Alenda and Kymen ate their midday meal in silence. After an hour or so, they quickly packed up their camp, and readied there equipment. They were near the River Anduin now, and quickly closing in on Moria - the Dark Pit. They had to be ready for the worst, Orc patrols were not unheard of in this area, so close to both Moria and Dol Guldur.

Standing up, Elenllach scouted ahead while his companions finished getting ready. Hearing a rustle in the bushes below the mountains, Elenllach unsheated his sword and stealthily crept towards the bushes, remaining low.

"There we go Greeny, we are down from the Mountain now, all will be well soon..." he heard as he crept closer. So, this being speaks Westron, I see.... Elenllach noted as he came quickly upon the creature - human, elf or orc - he could not be sure, yet.

Jumping in front of the bushes, Elenllach aimed his sword at the head of a man who looked as if he'd slept in nothing but dirt for his entire life. "Who are you ?" Elenllach commanded loudly, "and what are you doing here ?"

Search tags for this page
best moria rpg replacement

moria style rpg