RPG #5 - Of Aes Sedai and Asha'man

Discussion in 'RPG # 5 - Of Aes Sedai and Asha'man' started by Nienor, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Radagast

Radagast Art House Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Raheryin waited before responding, letting himself feel the calming effect of the brandy the stranger had given him. Trying to collect his breath, he closed his eyes and tried to reflect on the situation that had just occured. It had happened extremely fast and Raheryin almost believed it not to be true. Only now was the full realization of the sudden turn of events beginning to sink in.

Opening his eyes, Raheryin looked around his surroundings, finally bringing his gaze fully towards the stranger who had saved his life. An oddity, his appearance was perhaps a step below the average commoner. However, Raheryin knew from growing up in the Borderlands that the most dangerous men were the ones who isolated themselves from society. This stranger seemed to apply to that case.

"One could say that I have something of his. Information is a deadly object to possess."

The vivid gaze that met Raheryin's eyes never wavered, the silence grew giving Raheryin the chills. The sudden feeling that Raheryin was being judged more than being helped grew stronger by the passing moment. Deciding to break the uncomfortable silence, Raheryin carried on with his explanation.

"My name is Master Raheryin Mendaric. I was employed to the Lord Urayio, who dwells to the north of us. I have been employed there for the last three months, earning my wage by helping him increase in presense and significance among the other houses. My occupation is simple, but carries it's unique dangers. Not to long ago, I came across very solid evidence that made me question my employer's actions. He had been recieving mysterous visitors during the nights, yet would not take me into his confidence as to what these gatherings pertained too. After some personal investigation, and I confess, spying, it was not hard to come to a conclusion."

Raheryin fell silent, and once again the quiet atmosphere was filled with tension. However, the stranger broke the fragile night air with a question Raheryin feared he would ask.

"What was your conclusion?"

Raheryin took a long gulp of the brandy, trying to tame his rigid nerves. It was a common motive of Raheryin to refrain from telling the complete truth. However, having tried to leave things out evidently did not work well with this stranger. Raheryin did not place that much faith in his chances of escaping death a second time this night.

"He's a Darkfriend."

2. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    He held the boy's gaze, letting the silence stretch longer. It was a useful technique and effective, people always felt the need to fill the silence, especially with a little rough brandy inside them. It was one he had used for a long time and it served him well still.

"A very serious accusation," he said at length. "You have proof I assume?"

The young man seemed to slump a little.

"So, nothing you could take to a magistrate or Aes Sedai at least, likely nothing even a Whitecloak would look at. Tell me boy, what do you intend to do if I let you run free?"

3. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Daranbar flung open the door to his home and slammed it shut behind him. Uncountable thoughts raced through his mind. What had Taim so out of sorts? Who was this mysterious Asha'Man? How in the light did Taim come by information from a rebel Aes Sedai camp? It was all irrelevant in the end; he had a job to do and would see it done. Still, Taim's motives always lingered in the back of his mind.

As he plopped down in a thickly cushioned chair Daranbar took note of the man sitting across the room from him. Ahsdale had made no attempt to run off, and did nothing to draw attention to himself while Daranbar was away. He found this admirable, after all, being in the midst of something like the Black Tower would typically tempt most men to either flee in terror or snoop around where they shouldn't. Patience and discipline were valuable assets in a companion.

Daranbar poured himself a glass of wine and produced his long stemmed pipe from a table drawer next to his chair. After carefully packing the pipe he channeled a small flame and began puffing at the tobacco. "My . . . associates, call me Daran, you may do so if you wish." Daran continued to study the other man while he sipped his wine. "I will be leaving again in the morning, back to Altara it seems. I will no longer hold you if you wish to leave; you've proven that you have at least a level head. Where I go will be perilous to say the least. Dragon Sworn, White Cloaks, and a town full of Aes Sedai." He nearly spat the last, though he had met few Aes Sedai in his life, and hadn't come to really know any, his dislike for them was evident in his tone. The mere thought of a group of women who would like nothing better than to drag a man off and gentle him was enough to make any Asha’Man raging mad.

His thoughts returned to Ahsdale and Daran realized his attention had drifted. "I will take you anywhere you like, it is as easy as the journey we made earlier this day."

4. Radagast

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Raheryin brought his gaze down to the flask of brandy, it nearly empty from Raheryin's compulsive drinking. Taking his time to consider the question, he finally shrugged his shoulders in resignation.

"I fear I do not know as of yet what I would do. Initially I would flee, perhaps try to find my brother Ihjeria. He is one of the few souls I still place trust in. Once I have regrouped and gained his and perhaps other's support, I believe I would try to seek..." Raheryin paused as he tried to grasp his deep thoughts and convey them into words, "...not revenge against Urayio, for he did not commit any crimes against me personally until today. The word I am trying to look for is..."

"Justice?" sang the deep voice from across the fire.

Raheryin looked up in surprise. "Yes, Justice. Justice for what Urayio is, and what Urayio will do to others."

5. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    "I will be leaving again in the morning, back to Altara it seems. I will no longer hold you if you wish to leave; you've proven that you have at least a level head. Where I go will be perilous to say the least. Dragon Sworn, White Cloaks, and a town full of Aes Sedai." said Daran.

"A-Aes Sedai...?" stammered Ahsdale in reply. "I seek some Aes Sedai....for my own reasons. I will accompany you to Altara, if you do not mind. I am quite an able swordsman and very skilled with my bow, i could be of some use to you and your Asha'man, kinda like one of them "Warders" I suppose..." he let slip a small laugh at the thought of being 'bonded' to one of these Asha'man.

Daranbar looked at him levelly, "I accept your offer, who knows ? Perhaps we will both find what we're looking for in Altara..."

6. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    "I see."

He sat back and contemplated the young man a little longer. He seemed almost on edge, as he should, but there was that edge in his eyes, the look of one steeling himself to ask a favour that was unlikely to be granted. He stood, looming in the darkness.

"Can you do it boy? Can you fight? Oh, you can throw those pretty daggers but can you stand toe to toe with a man and cast him down? Do you have the stones to kill a man up close? For a man should know for who and what he dies. An -, a woman I once knew said Justice was the Pattern's revenge. Are you prepared to judge someone? You should never think to exact a justice decided by another, each man must make that decision and execute it himself. For you cannot judge if you cannot carry out the sentence."

He leaned down, his face inches from the young man's.

"Can you drive a blade into a man's belly, knowing full well that you do so of your own free will and by your own judgement? Can you twist it just enough to exact the right amount of punishment? Are you prepared to look a man in the face, when his life is in your hands and tell him that by your word, your decision, he will die? Can you go to his family afterward? Could you face them were they blameless and tell them of your justice? Could you destroy a whole family with just one decision? And could you live with yourself through the long nights afterward?"

He spun on his heel suddenly and stalked off into the shadows.

"It is a dark and friendless path you choose for yourself boy. One that I am not sure you are up to. How do you expect to escape this forest? A Darkfriend who can afford to send close to a score of men after one boy can certainly send more. How long do you think he will wait when these do not return? And you without even a horse or a weapon, unless I choose to give you one? Do you even know how to find your way out? And your brother. You sound as if you do not even know where he is, let alone how long it would take you to find him. And all the while with killers on your trail. If you were foolish enough to let this information slip to your employer, as no doubt you were, you may arrive in time for your brother's funeral rites. How long do you think he will delay? And how many other lives might your delay cost?"

The young man sat, leaning forward to squint into the darkness, mouth open in what? Horror? Suprise? Dawning realisation? He had worked his way around in the shadows until he emerged into the light behind the boy, still trying to make him out between the trees before him. He began to rise, seeming to advance and find him. His iron grip closed around the meat of the boy's collar, where his right shoulder met his neck. He hissed into his left ear,

"Well boy, could you do it?"

He would have to see it there was any spark left in the boy, anything that could be fanned into a flame and used to forge something stronger. For there was no place in this business for a weakling.

7. Radagast

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Every question left to hang in the air was a knife to heart. This stranger was one well practised at questioning others, another oddity to the engima. Raheryin closed his eyes once more considering his response, and by his own surprise, actually questioned his motives. This stranger was an unique one indeed. After several moments, Raheryin opened his eyes once again and began talking in a slow manner.

"Convinced myself, I fear I have no choice left."

Raheryin took the last gulp of brandy from his flask, tossed it off to the side, and raised his head to look at the massive tree's towering over him before responding.

"The pain of living with myself after doing the deed will be a very heavy burden to carry. But as long as I know that there is purpose and that there is reason, it will be done. I would be better off to carry that pain than know that I failed to prevent countless other atrocities. As long as that motivation exists, yes I could do it. I will do it. Finding my brother, finding my way out of this forest, they are problems indeed. But with determination, anything can be achieved."

Raheryin again paused, lowering his head for the first time to look the stranger in the eye by his own will.

"I must give a confession. I already bear several death's under my name. Unfortunately plans went wrong, and those plans, Raheryin Mendaric created. They were my responsibility. The only difference between those and this situation is that in those, I was an indirect cause. Hidden away from the conflict, plotting. This time, that shall not be the case. I shall be the direct cause."

8. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Sitting quietly by Steivan's besides, Kori sighed inwardly reviewing the last hours events in her head. What was she to do with a warder who could channel? The implications of it were staggering, Every Aes Sedai would wonder how she had not seen this. Why had she not picked up on better on the small clues that she had seen in the preceding weeks? After he was stilled there would always be rumors, questions and worst of all, pity from other Aes Sedai. Who could not pity and avoid an Aed Sedai who bonded a man who could channel?

Kori thought back to all the comments she had heard when she found Steivan singed in the field. Relyn, the Yellow who had healed him, openly speculated about how he could have started the fire. Fortunately for Kori, the woman assumed he was attempting to practice with flaming arrows or some such nonsense. Another Aes Sedai she vaguely knew began haranguing her about not letting her warder too far out of her sight. Listening to various opinions about how the fire began ranging from pratical explanations such as a stray lightening bolt to the ridiculous WhiteCloak plot, wore badly on Kori's nerves. She was becoming afraid to speak, in fear of saying the wrong thing.

As Steivan was brought to one of the empty cots, Kori calmed herself for the second time in the day doing a novice exercise. 'I am a blade of grass, blowing in the wind, being gently rocked too and fro. Feeling the warm afternoon sun, reaching up towards the sun.." Kori mumbled to herself.

After he was helped inside the tent, Steivan immediately sprang up, tense. Smiling patiently at him, Kori put a gentle hand on his shoulder, hoping he would sit back down. Taking a seat on the bed also, Steivan followed her lead. "I know you're eager to tell me what happened, Steivan. But I will insist you rest first, we can speak about this in the morning. I doubt Relyn would appreciate spending time healing you from such grevious injuries, for you to take such little care of yourself." she said. Standing up, Kori allowed him to take off his boots and lie down. Sitting down on a nearby stool, she glanced at his prone form and lost herself in thought.

Coming back to her senses after prolonged ruminating, Koriandre knew what she needed to do. A man who could channel was to be gentled, for the worlds safety. But she could not condemn her faithful warder to a slow death grieving for his loss. Stilled women rarely survived more than a year or two without pining away, a man even less. If he even survived the gentling, many died immediately afterwards from the shock. Kori remembered seeing Logain wander aimless about in the gardens of Tar Valon. She would not condemn Steivan to the same fate. A quick death was the only mercy she could offer him. Better this than the madness caused by being able to channel or the slower death from loss of purpose.

"I hope the light will forgive me for this." she murmured to herself. She deftly removed his dagger from the sheath at his waist. Positioning it over his heart, Kori was prepared to make his murder look like suicide.

9. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Steivan jumped up tense as a wound coil, as Kori entered the room. She moved towards him, and put a small hand on his shoulder, most obviously trying to calm him. It was no doubt what she intended to do, all Aes Sedai even of red thought so; a man who could channel had to be gentled. Yet he could not come to these terms. Maybe she would release from his bond, surely he had protected her all this time well enough and faithfully, that she may let him go, so he would not face the loneliness of a gentled man. He had seen Logain; he did not want to be like him.

Giving him a small talk about talking tomorrow, she guided him into rest, to sleep on the bed until he needed to be healed. At first he took of his boots, and then as his head the pillow he could not stop himself from falling asleep, yet there was that little side of him, that was unconciously awake. It was second nature to him, to sleep with one eye open as the saying goes. After some time, this nature woke him, as he felt the dagger slide out of its sheath at his side. His eyes opened a hair breath, to see Kori with the dagger in his hands over his chest. Springing into life, he slapped the dagger away, and rolled out of bed. Pushing Kori to the ground, he looked around for a way to get out. Unconciously he grasped at saidin, and with all of his concenctration searched for a way out. Yet all he could see was the way out was through his Aes Sedai. Yet moments later he felt something stir behind him, whipping round he saw a window that led to a small farm. What on earth...no time to think, he must get a way....he jumped through. Turning round he saw the small window close, saw his Aes Sedai, he gave her a pained look; he was betrayed by whom he swore to protect, he knew now, he could trust no Aes Sedai; for a man whon can channel in their eyes was as bad as the Dark One himself.

10. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Daranbar let out a soft chuckle. “A warder, eh? Well, let’s not get carried away with titles shall we, I’d not want someone calling me Aes Sedai..”

The Asha’man sat back in his chair puffing on his pipe and sipping his wine for several moments. “This may turn out to be a pleasant relationship, Ahsdale. Who knows, someday we might call each other friend.” Daran chuckled again at this. He had not truly considered someone a friend for more than a decade, he had a tendency to be overly cynical.

“Make yourself at home, we’ll head south after the morning meal.” With the Daranbar strode toward his bedchamber to retire for the evening.

11. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Ahsdale watched Daran stride towards his bechamber, "Friend," he called after him, "you wish, Tairen !"
    That heavy laugh was heard from the other side of the small house, and Ahsdale shared a quiet chuckle with the man.

For someone who was bound to go crazy, Daranbar was a respectable man. Sure in his power, confident in his command, Daran was definently someone who would be well liked in the Borderlands. But the Borderlands were an Age ago, Ahsdale knew that.

Ahsdale looked out the small window across from him. It was night again. Not wanting to sleep, Ahsdale walked outside into the darkness. He could not go on like this for ever. He needed the help of an Aes Sedai...

12. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    He swore inwardly, how had that slipped out? He could almost believe the boy ta'veren. It had been many years since he had led a witness, why had that happened now of all times? Mentally he moved the Aielman onto the side hook, resolving to track him when this was finished. With a start he realised he had made his decision, the boy wouldn't last five minutes without him. He sighed, when you were tumbling down a cliff toward the sea it was better to kick off and enter the water cleanly. At least then you had some chance of avoiding the rocks at the bottom. He turned his back on the boy, berating himself for what he was about to say.

"Your horse is safe, in a thicket two hundred yards to the south. He is still tired but a night's rest will see him safe to travel. Your weapons are in your packs with your other equipment, bar one item which I will hold until we are done, as a surety on your commitment. The first thing you will do is remove those damn bells, you cannot sneak up on someone if you sound like a child's windchime. Second, you will change into something more nondescript, I won't have you cavorting through the wilderness dressed like a Court Jester, even if you will act like one." He turned and sat in front of the boy again, pulling a bolt from the strap on his forearm and plunging it into the soil between them.
    "There is much you need to know of the world boy. I will not teach you, but I may let you learn. That is, if I can keep you alive long enough. Now I suggest you draw me a map of this compound and tell me as much of it as you can. We will rest for a while and then hike most of the remaining distance. Then we will lie up and wait for dark."

13. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    In silent awe, Kori watched as her warder disappeared out of sight. She had heard about traveling before, but thought it was something lost to the Age of Legends. Still somewhat in shock, she attempted to search the air for remenants of Saidin, but quickly got frustrated. Generally, Reds were the best at reading Saidin residue. They had the most reason to learn. Knowing that she had never desired to choose the Red, Kori had barely paid attention to those lessons.

Since there was no one of the red Ajah to consult in Salidar, the Aes Sedai hoped her warder bond with Steivan would allow her to locate him. If he were now a long distance away, she wouldn't be able to sense much through the bond. At this moment is was filled with conflicting emotions of fear and betrayal. There was no way Steivan understood what she had planned was a greater mercy than letting him live gentled. Obviously the man thought he would outlive the madness that seemed to take most channelling men. It would be her job to find him before he went insane and harmed others.

Remembering the weave, Kelaine had used on Steivan earlier in the day. Koriandre was filled with new hope. She could easily track him down if Kelaine would accompany her outside of Salidar. If she explaned the situation carefully, the other Aes Sedai would no doubt help her. Between the two of them they could keep her warder safely shielded until they returned to Salidar and gentled him. This wasn't the way Kori wanted things to happen, but it was the only logical solution she would think of.

Hurrying back towards the Yellow's quarters, she assumed Kelaine Sedai would likely be in Taryn's small room or her own room. It wouldn't be too difficult to locate her. Entering the Yellow's quarters, Kori was pleased to see no one else around yet. At supper hour very few Aes Sedai were in their rooms. Hearing voices drifting from Taryn's small first floor room, Kori walked over that way to see who was around. In a stroke of luck both Kelaine and the Aiel Wilder had not left Taryn's room as of yet. While she hoped Kelaine wasn't stayng around Taryn because the girl was still in danger from her episode, Kori was very pleased to easily locate the Yellow Aed Sedai, "Kelaine," she began, "I have an urgent request for you. My warder can channel! That's what I've been sensing for these last weeks. He's somehow escaped Salidar by travelling. Is there any way you can help me?"

14. doleniel

doleniel Elven High Priestess

surrounded by idiots with no hope of escape
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    *Kelaine waited for the Aiel woman to respond, growing more and more impatient as she stayed silent. Suddenly, the door burst open to admit Kori, obvoiunsly flustered to any who knew Aes Sedai.*

"Kelaine," she said, "I have an urgent request for you. My warder can channel! That's what I've been sensing for these last weeks. He's somehow escaped Salidar by travelling. Is there any way you can help me?"

Shocked, but hiding it well after many years of experience, Kelaine quickly set a ward that would allow no sound to pass beyond it around the small room, quite crowded now that it held four women. She then began to speak. "By help you, I assume you are referring to the ward I set on Steivan earlier, since I know of no way to "heal" Saidin and a Yellow is the last sister to ask to gentle a man. I can help you find him, yes, but he is very far away. It is difficult, and it will be a long journey." She then pitched her voice low and wove Air so that only Kori could hear. "And you had best learn disgression, Koriandre Sedai. You do not know who might be in the adjacent rooms, who could have heard you. An Aes Sedai must always be calm, and never rash." Letting her weave go, she spoke up, addressing Taryn and the Aiel woman. "You two will be coming with us, since that is the only way we can be sure you will tell no one of this. Start packing, we must be on our way at once! Do not tell anyone of this, or you will wish you were a novice, so that the top limit on punishments applied to you!"

15. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Ahsdale finnaly retired to his quarters, there was only a few hours of night left. He hoped he could sleep these few hours without incident. However, he might as well wish for wings.

Lying down he quickly fell into a deep sleep, sleeping a few hours a day was not enough for a man, yet he hated the thought of sleeping. He knew that Ba'alzamon would be waiting for him.

Standing in darkness, Ahsdale flung his hands to his side, but his blade was not waiting for him. It seemed things could change instantly here....in this dream. He looked around, he could feel heat and darkness close in on him, and he perceived a shadow far off, and he could see flames sprouting from it. Suddenly it was right in front of him, and Ahsdale felt bound. Just like when Daran had held him with the Power, and he knew it was happening again. Suddenly, three other people appeared, their lifeless faces staring right through him. He looked at one, and she had a dark smudge on her forehead. What did it mean ?

"Good," smiled Ba'alzamon, "you have accepted this gift. Search for those who have this mark...they will.....guide you, to your true calling. Your true calling....."

Ahsdale sat up with a start, and a scream ripped from his lungs, waking Daran in the next room. "What is it, what's happening ?" he said, rushing in with his blade in hand.

"Nothing...." said Ahsdale, "just a dream....."

16. Sorcha

Sorcha Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Taryn listened intently as Koriandre Sedai introduced herself and explained why the Aiel woman was there.

“She healed you from whatever happened,” the Green sister said. “I believe she has come here to learn more about healing."

Koriandre turned to the Aiel Wise One and instructed her to stay with Taryn. Maera…her name is Maera, Taryn corrected herself. When the Sister left the room, Taryn hauled herself out of her bed. Besides feeling a bit lightheaded, she felt back to her normal self. She must be very Talented to heal me like that, Taryn thought. There has not been a single Aes Sedai who has been able to do that. For some reason, her gift prevented healing weaves from working thouroughly. The weaves seemed to almost lose their power, the Aes Sedai had said to her. Other weaves that the Sisters had tested on her were not weakened, just the ones for healing. Although, they had never been needed because she had never been drained like that before. In the past, she had just been able to recover with bed rest. But I have never lost control over my gift like that before. Remembering that the Wise One was still there, Taryn pulled her thoughts together and turned to Maera, rather embarrassed. An uncomfortable silence followed, broken when Kelaine burst into the room. Without saying a word, the Yellow Sister began delving Taryn, sending a chill over her. When Kelaine finished the delving, Taryn saw her eyes were dark with anger.

"Why did you not follow me, girl? Did you not hear me? You've been told not to use your talent when another Yellow or I isn't around to supervise! What did you think you were doing? You are lucky you did not get yourself killed!"

Taryn was about to answer, but Kelaine turned towards the Aiel woman.

"And who are you? You've the ability to use Saidar, have you come here to study?"

Maera’s eyes turned cold as she lifted her chin haughtily and prepared to respond. Before she could, however, Koriandre came in to the room, looking rather pale and worried but in the way of Aes Sedai trying to hide it.

"Kelaine, I have an urgent request for you. My warder can channel! That's what I've been sensing for these last weeks. He's somehow escaped Salidar by travelling. Is there any way you can help me?"

Taryn’s mouth fell open in astonishment, not for the first time that day. Many questions were running through her head: How could this have happened? Were they not going to gentle him? What in the Light was Koriandre coming to Kelaine for? Most of all, why had the woman not sensed something through the bond? Struggling to hold back her questions, she watched Kelaine as she absorbed this news. For a moment, an expression of utter disbelief crossed her face, but it was gone so quickly, Taryn wondered if she had imagined it.

"By help you, I assume you are referring to the ward I set on Steivan earlier, since I know of no way to ‘heal’ Saidin and a Yellow is the last sister to ask to gentle a man. I can help you find him, yes, but he is very far away. It is difficult, and it will be a long journey, “ Kelaine said, matter-of-factly. She said something that Taryn could not quite hear, meant only for Koriandre’s ears, and then Kelaine began speaking in louder tones.

"You two will be coming with us, since that is the only way we can be sure you will tell no one of this. Start packing, we must be on our way at once! Do not tell anyone of this, or you will wish you were a novice, so that the top limit on punishments applied to you!"

This was nearly too much for Taryn. She almost protested being dragged anywhere without her consent, but bit her tongue. If Kelaine said she was going, then she would go. After all, she might be needed.

“Yes, Aes Sedai,” she meekly replied.

17. Nynaeve

Nynaeve <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    Maera started to open her mouth to respond to the rude Aes Sedai and tell her a thing or two, when Kori burst into the tent. She stood and quietly listened while the Aes Sedai panicked about her warder. They should just let him wander off in the three fold land, or whatever these wetlanders did to male channelers. Hmm, or perhaps the Car'a'carn could use him. He should seek him out.

Her thoughts stopped wandering when she heard Kelaine bark, "You two will be coming with us, since that is the only way we can be sure you will tell no one of this. Start packing, we must be on our way at once! Do not tell anyone of this, or you will wish you were a novice, so that the top limit on punishments applied to you!"

That was fine with her, this group that was coming together seemed interesting so far. She could learn about Aes Sedai healing weaves, let the Stone dog fulfill his toh to her, and learn about Taryn's healing connection with her. Maera tossed her head back and stared down her nose at them. With a small confident smile, she announced, "I will go of my own free will, but you will never punish me. Perhaps I can teach you of the Wise One's punishment ways instead. This will be fun."

18. Radagast

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Raheryin followed the stranger with the best effort he could provide, but it was hard, even with the rest provided earlier back. Because Raheryin's horse was still too exhausted to ride, Raheryin settled for leading it, though with the pace set, Raheryin doubted they lost any time.

It had not taken long for Raheryin to explain Urayio's estate as best as he could, the layout was quite basic and ordinary. The stranger had often interrupted Raheryin during the explanation, something Raheryin wasn't accustomed too in the past. He seemed to question Raheryin on unusual and trivial matters, but Raheryin was sure a man like this knew what information he needed.

Subconsiously, Raheryin grasped at his hair. It felt odd to not wear the silver bells, a tradition you grow up with is hard to replace. Raheryin saw the common sense in removing them though. Finding darker clothing had been harder for Raheryin however, but he eventually found a shirt that had minimal attraction.

Nearly stumbling over a root, Raheryin tried to concentrate on keeping up with the stranger's brisk pace. The brandy he had drank earlier had made the hike rather difficult, though not impossible. Taking a look around at his surroundings, Raheryin concluded that they were not to far off from Urayio's estate yet. Voicing this, the stranger nodded back in silent agreement.

19. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    From his window, the sun was a fiery red line on the horizon when Daranbar woke. Washing and scrubbing his teeth in the washstand he dressed and donned his black coat. Leaving his bedchamber Daranbar found Ahsdale slumbering in one of the thickly cushioned chairs. He didn’t look at all comfortable, but after waking to the other man’s screams the night before Daran could understand the restlessness.

He decided to let the man sleep and prepare for their journey. Unlike the recruiting mission he recently returned from, the two men might not be spending much time in taverns and inns, so the preparation would need to be a bit more detailed. Out in front of his home Daran flagged down a pair of passing women. The wives of one of the other men no doubt, but in the Black Tower, nearly everyone had their function. These two, Daran knew, served as maids and cooks for the area where Daran lived.

“I will be leaving this morning, prepare two travel packs and have two of my horses brought from the stables. I will also be having my morning meal before I leave, please see that it is brought for my companion and I.” The pair bobbed slight curtsies to Daran before heading off to perform their tasks. Many of the functions inside the compound were new and somewhat disorganized, however, other things were performed efficiently. Many men traveled out of the Black Tower on various tasks, and those charged with the preparation were skilled and quick about their jobs.

After the pair had eaten Daran and Ahsdale made their way outside where the horses were saddled and ready for them. Most men used whatever mounts the Tower provided for them. Daran was a bit different in this respect, growing up the son of a reputable horse breeder; he kept his own mounts stabled nearby. The finest Tairen stock, which meant the finest animals in the world, at least according to anyone from Tear. The two men mounted and Daran did a quick scan of the street to make sure no one was in harms way. Predictably, the small town was still relatively quiet at the early hour. Grasping Saidin, Daran opened a doorway large enough for both men to ride through side by side with ease.

The two mounted men rode through the portal into an open field near the edge of a forest. Letting go of the gateway Daran did a survey of his surroundings, if the map he’d studied was correct, they should be no more than twenty or thirty miles from a village supposedly inhabited by renegade Aes Sedai. The first order of business would be to get their bearing so they didn’t end up riding in circles. Across the field Daran could make out what appeared to be an elaborate manor house set inside a walled compound. A minor noble he assumed, perhaps they could inquire as to their exact whereabouts.

Turning to Ahsdale, who had been uncharacteristically quiet this morning, Daran said. “Unless you know where we’re at I suggest we start there.” He motioned toward the house in the distance as he spoke.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2004
  20. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Ahsdale looked up from his reins. Speaking for the first time this morning, he replied "Fine." His dreams still troubled him, even in the waking world. Last nights dream was too.....real. He could still hear Ba'alzamon's voice in his head. Perhaps seeking Aes Sedai would not be the best idea - likely they'd call him a Darkfriend and throw him in prison. He had never met an Aes Sedai, but he knew plenty of woman. Tales said that Aes Sedai were atleast twice as bad.

Looking ahead at the moderate sized estate, he wondered where exactly they were. Daran wasn't quite sure by the look of things. He looked up at this Tairen, and wondered if he could share his secret with him. Daran was an honest man, but Ahsdale was not sure how he'd take it.

Ahsdale studied the man's forehead, but he could not see that dark smudge from the dream. Maybe it represented something ? Maybe not. Perhaps it was just a dream.

"Look sharp," said Daran, "we are approaching the manor."

Search tags for this page

asha mansoon