RPG #5 - Of Aes Sedai and Asha'man

Discussion in 'RPG # 5 - Of Aes Sedai and Asha'man' started by Nienor, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    A rude awakening, to say the least, why is it that whenever a man comes close to enjoying himself, whether it be drinking, carousing, or gambling, there seems to be a woman nearby doing her best to put an end to it? Daran put the thought aside as he rose and buckled his sword belt around his waist. He had to admit to himself - as much as his ego wanted to reject the notion - that she was right. The events of the past day had taken their toll and he allowed himself to slip into complacency, and around a handful of witches no less.

Standing several paces away from the small gathering he listened idly to their conversation, and noted that Ahsdale looked a bit ragged. The problem of approaching Salidar and locating the channeling Warder were foremost in the Asha’man’s mind. He supposed that the most direct course of action would be to speak with one of the Aes Sedai about it. Of course, that would bring about a fresh set of difficulties, assuming that these women were like the rest of the witches and took pleasure in gentling men who had the spark.

Daran looked up to find the woman – Kori he thought her name was – watching him. The look on her face showed amusement, probably praising herself for kicking him awake. “I’ve a task to complete,” he muttered to himself, and turned away to gather his gear. Whatever happened, he wasn’t getting any closer to his goal sitting around this miserable camp wondering who his enemies were. It was one thing to devastate some petty lordling and his meager garrison, or to fight off a ground of ignorant Whitecloaks. At least there he knew who kill.

2. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    "How is your mother, anyway ?"

The newcomers words seemed distant as Ahsdale grasped their meaning. His mother. He had not seen her in years. She was likely dead, his town was overrun over a decade ago. Was this some cruel ploy of Ba'alzamon ? To torture his waking world with phantoms of his past ? He looked straight at the man, Jaihad, and concentrated on his forehead. Nothing. He sighed, feeling no evil in this person, yet something hidden.

"Who are you ?" asked Ahsdale, "and what do you know of my mother ?"

He looked to Meara, and saw a blank expression on her face. Clearly she had not known of his knowledge. "I will leave you alone, keep an eye on him, Ahsdale," she said, with slight distrust in her voice. Had he done something ? Or had the events of the last few days unnerved them all so much, that newcomers were greeted with instant distrust ? He supposed, in times like these, it was safer that way.

As Meara left the men, Ahsdale's hand strayed and rested on the pommel of his sword. He did not trust the man, and though no smudge was to be seen on his forehead, he did not trust the man. Ba'alzamon had tortured his dreams with images of dead relatives, among other things, and it seemed to him a large coincidence that this man would show up now. He looked around to see the others were close, and if there was any trouble, the Asha'man and Aes Sedai could easily overcome him, if he could not himself.

The man spread his hands in a gesture of peace, "I am Jaihad, as the Wise One has said. Relax your grip, boy, there is no need to fear me, I am no agent of evil."

Ahsdale didnt move his hand, "Walk with me he said," as he led Jaihad out into the forest. If he had news of his family, it was for him alone to hear.

3. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Ashdale didn't recognize him.

There was no surprise there. After all, the last time he had seen the boy, he was just a gurgling bundle in his mother's, Jaihad's niece's arms.

He had to respect his lack of trust, and his wish for privacy. Jaihad himself wished for a bit of privacy, for reasons of his own. That didn't stop him from bereting the boy, though.

"Hmm, Ahsdale, my boy, I find you're behaviour very offending. Is that a way to treat a great uncle?" the expresion of bewilderment, mixed with a bit of shame was quite satisfactory.

"What would your mother say..." Ahsdale looked sick again, and his expresion was all of a clue Jaihad needed to find an answer on the first question he had asked the boy.

With a sorowfull expression he simply stated

"She is dead."

Ahsdale just nodded.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2005
  4. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    "I guessed as much. It is said that none survived that raid..." None except him. His cowardice had saved him, and shamed him, to this day. The news was not surprising, however, this strange man claiming to be his great uncle was.

"I treat everyone the same, especially in days such as these. I have never known a great uncle, and it seems unlikely that an old, ragged man such as yourself would be he, and even more unlikely that he would show up here and now. Coincidence follows you it seems."

Ahsdale's hand had not moved from his pommel, and he was ready to draw it at any moment, fearing still, that this was a trick of Ba'alzamon.

"What reason do I have to trust you ? Meara did not seem to trust you one bit, and what has happened to Shae'din, he went yonder not too long ago," he pointed, off in the direction Jaihad and Meara had emerged from. He supposed they had had a run in, it seemed to happen with the Bear-man quite a bit, thought Ahsdale, as his memory flashed back to their first meeting; crossing blades under the dark canopy of a strange forest.

"Sit," he said to Jaihad, and motioned to a large stone, as he rested his back against a tree, "Tell me your story."

5. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Maera didn't have a change to introduce the new comer to Kori before he rounded on Ahsdale and stalked off with him. Deciding he was unimportant, the Aes Sedai turned her attention back to the Wise One, "Last night before I fell asleep, he let his mask on the bond slip." she said trying to control her excitement. "We need to change direction and head towards Andor. For a moment, Maera, I could almost hear the plans in his head. It was odd. I've never quite sensed him like that before when we were apart."

Just before she said another sentence, Kori stopped. She noticed Daran watching and listening to their conversation. Annoyed by the intrusion she placed her hands on her hips and spat, "Don't you have anything better to do than watch me and Maera. Surely there is a wine bottle somewhere that needs emptying."

Stalking back towards the campfire, Kori noted that Kelaine was awake and beginning to pack away her things. Speaking quietly she said, "We need to leave now and head towards Andor." Without asking further questions, Kelaine nodded and continued packing up. They could converse more on the road. Returning to her own possessions, Kori put away her book and rolled up her bedroll. She carefully placed her personal possessions back on her horse, then took some dried meat and fruit out of one of the packs. It would have to do for breakfast.

Out of the corner of her eye, Koriandre noticed both Kelaine and Maera were almost ready to go, but Taryn was nowhere to be found. Glancing back towards the campfire she saw the girl was still sound asleep. Due to the tense circumstances, Kori was rather low on patience and the sleeping girl annoyed her. She quietly walked over to Taryn's bedroll then channeled a small amount of water and fire.

Taryn awoke immediately to the ice in her sleeping gear. "Good, you're awake." Kori said in carefully measured tones. "Get dressed, we're leaving in ten minutes." Giving the girl privacy, the Aes Sedai walked back over to her horse, getting him saddled and ready to go. She was sure the Aiel man was nearby and ready to go. He had little to take care of. If anyone else wished to follow it was their business.

6. Nynaeve

Nynaeve <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    After Kori spat her lovely insult at that hairy abomination, Maera turned around to make sure the others were properly motivated. Her things were still packed, so she was free to help her friends to get moving. All this slow travel and sitting around was boring. She needed some real exercise, wetlanders way of traveling was making her long for her people. As she wandered to the opposite side of the camp, she saw Taran lean over Daran to say someting to him. He suddenly grabbed her hand. She started to storm over, and saw him give a slight tug on her fingers, and Taran fell right into his lap!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  7. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Koriandre had barely mounted up when she noticed out of the corner of her eye, Taryn sitting in Daran's lap. Not even pausing to consider how this happened, Kori dismounted and approproached the tangled pair. The Aes Sedai strode up next to them, grabbed Taryn's hand and pulled her off the Ashaman. "Taryn," she scolded, "Leave that alone, you don't know where it's been."

Striding back toward her horse Kori added, "Now you only have 5 minutes to get ready. Both Maera and Kelaine are ready to go. We're leaving." She turned towards Daran and said, "You can follow if you wish or go your own way. Whatever you do, do it quickly. I doubt somebody with your abilities wishes to be discovered by the local authorities."

After spending a few pointless minutes checking her horses tack, Taryn appeared ready to leave. Kori sighed with relief, one minute more and she would have lost patience with the girl. Swiftly mounting up, Kori and the other three females departed camp, leaving any mess behind for the others to take care of.

Search tags for this page

asha mansoon