RPG #5 - Of Aes Sedai and Asha'man

Discussion in 'RPG # 5 - Of Aes Sedai and Asha'man' started by Nienor, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Sitting alone in her small room in Salidar, Koriandre Sedai, began pondering the problems she was having with her warder. Ever since they had come to Salidar he had been avoiding her. At first she assumed it was because he didn’t understand why she had left the tower. But how could a Green support a red like Elaida usurping the Amrylin seat. She didn’t know the previous Amrylin well enough to understand why she had been deposed. But in the aftermath, most of the Green Ajah had left along with the blue, so Kori decided it was wiser to leave.

Kori would have liked to talk to him, but it was difficult some days to find her warder. Things were much more convenient in the tower, where her warder could stay in her rooms. What was the point of having a warder to protect her if he wasn’t always available. She never understood how those in other Ajah’s would let their warders keep quarters in town where they were so far away. Gazing out the small window she pondered his most recent behavior. Steivan had been sitting apart from the other warders in the practice area, staring intently at nothing. When she tapped him on his shoulder to ask what was wrong, he became defensive and ran off from her. It seemed so unlike him to behave this way.

After a little more thought, she decided it might be a good idea to talk to someone in the Yellow Ajah. Some of them had been working on curing mental illnesses. She hoped that her warder wasn’t losing his touch on reality, but it happened sometimes. Whenever that occurred, it was very hard on the Aes Sedai who had bonded him. Kori wasn’t looking forward to that happening. She thought a Yellow might have a better perspective on the situation.

Leaving her room, she started to make her way over to the houses they Yellow’s were staying in. She hadn’t seen their quarters as of yet, but imagined they would be no less run down than the Green’s. Walking quickly, she spotted the emissary from the White Tower, Tarna Feir. Kori had never been fond of the woman before, she generally disliked Reds. She walked slightly out of her way to avoid the other Aes Sedai. It was irritating to listen to her pious speeches over why they should all return to the tower. She didn’t believe the talk of amnesty. Elaida surely wanted them back to make an example. Finally she was outside of the Yellow’s quarters. Hopefully she could find some answers here.

2. doleniel

doleniel Elven High Priestess

surrounded by idiots with no hope of escape
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Kelaine Sadai was exhausted. The strange happenings of a few nights before had left quite a toll, whatever they were. All of the Yellows had been needed, and most had been pushed to their limit. Kelaine, strong as she was, had still not fully recovered. Not for the first time she looked around her shabby room and wished she had her far more comfortable quarters back in the White Tower. Not that she wished to go back, of course, she had never liked Elaida or Alviarin. She just wished she could have her old quarters.

Seeing nothing new, she sighed, got up from her chair and left her room. As long as the emissary from Elaida-she refused to call her the Amyrlin-was in Salidar, there was little to do. She might as wel check on the progress in removing the block that hot-tempered Accepted, Nynaeve, had built up. She had great progress, and was showing a decided interest in the Yellow. She forgot about this, however, when she saw that there was a Green wandering around the Yellow's houses, seemingly looking for something, or someone. Kori, her name was, Kelaine recalled after a moment.

"Good Morning, Kori" she said. "Have you lost something?"

3. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Standing in the middle of the Yellow Ajah's quarters, Kori was slightly abashed to have been discovered meandering about by another Aes Sedai. It had been her intention to knock on somebody's door and initiate the conversation. But since she had found what she wanted, a capable Yellow, Kori decided there was no point in being embarassed.

With a friendly smile she answered, "No, I haven't lost anything. But I wanted to speak with somebody in your Ajah. I'm having problems with my warder. Ever since we came to Salidar, he's been prone to hiding in corners and mumbling nonsense to himself. I'm beginning to worry about his mental state. Perhaps the battle with the Younglings and seeing other warders killed affected him." Relaxing her stance slightly she continued, "I had heard some in your Ajah had been investigating mental disorders. Hopefully somebody can be of help to me."

4. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Steivan stood in the middle of a clearing a little way off from where the other warders practiced. Ever since late he made himself distant from his Aes Sedai, and managed to shield his link from her at times. This he knew had to be done, he was unsure of himself, he feared what he was; a man who could channel. Every time he thoguht of this, the fear of going mad took him, and no matter how hard he tried to keep away from Saidin, it was always there, and he let himself become one with it.

Standing now in the clearing he knew now that he could never keep Saidin at bay, keep away from its call. The least he could do was try and stop himself from hurting others, try and control his madness, control his power. Looking at a twig on the otherside of the clearing he focused upon it. Seeking nothing he made himself embrace Saidin that shone like the sun in this nothingness, this void. Saidin rushed to embrace him, he felt like a twig in a raging rapids, but he willed his control over it. Slowly he gained some control, and he tried to pick out a thread just like he heard the other Aes Sedai do with Saidar. For some time he stood there battling the fury of Saidar, looking for a weave of air. Soon he though he saw something that seemed to float out of him, towards the twig. Suddenly he heard a few voices and his concentration snapped. Saidin filled him, it shone withing him like a beacon. Desperately he broke the nothingness, trying to escape Saidin. No sooner had he managed to release Saidar, he saw two women enter the clearing. His eyes widened as he saw his Aes Sedai...he had forgotten to shield their link. It was no use running now, all he could do was wait, and pretend to be deep in thought.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
  5. doleniel

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Warder problems. Kelaine had always tried to stay away form the Warders since hers had been killed defending her over ten years ago. I was not a thing she liked to remember, and it was not an experience she would wish on another Aes Sedai. She sighed.

"I'll see what I can do. Do you know where he is?" She asked.

Kelaine followed as Kori led her off towards the clearing where the Warders had been practicing.. Sure enough, her Warder was standing at the other end, trying to look as if he was doing something important and, in the way of most startled men, failing quite miserably.

"Good morning" Kelaine said, trying to be polite. Warders could be unpredictable, at best. "Kori tells me you've been distant lately." With that, she embraced Saidar and began the diagnosis weave. Nothing was apparantly wrong, and so she let that go and began probing his mind with flows of Spirit. Again, nothing was apparantly wrong, and yet, it was not completely right, either. It was somehow, familiar, but she could not put her finger on it.

Letting go on the Source, she spoke. "He is not ill, and it should please you to know he is not going insane, and yet, there is something. . ." she lowered her voice "I would like some time to study him. I do not think it is something I have seen before." The Warder groaned. Kelaine brushed it off, knowing she was notorious for her "studying" She had a reputation for being as bookish and distractable as a Brown.

6. Sorcha

Sorcha Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Looking out her window at the beautiful sky, Taryn tried not to focus on the voices. They were always there, crying out to her in pain, more so in the past few weeks. It was part of her gift of healing, always hearing the hurting or dying. She had been trying to block them out, but so far it had not worked so well. They were only muffled, as if through a thin wall. But still there. Always there. Shaking her head, she tried to wake herself up from her daydreaming and concentrate on what needed to be done today.

I have an appointment with Kelaine Sedai…better run… Sighing, she put the book she had been attempting to read back on the shelf, and hurried out the door. Kelaine did not like for her to be late. Taryn ran to the Yellow Ajah’s quarters and over Kelaine Sedai’s room, but as she rounded the corner, she saw Kelaine and one of the Green Ajah hurrying down the hall. About to call out and stop them, she decided against it, and just followed.

They stopped in a clearing where the warders practiced sometimes, and began talking with a man who had appeared to be meditating. A concerned look crossed the Green’s face as Kelaine did some kind of read. Taryn couldn’t tell what it was, but every time one of the Sisters did a read, they got a certain look to their face, unfocused, like they could see something that she didn’t. As she hurried towards them, the two began talking in low voices. Feeling as if she must be interrupting something, she hesitated to approach them. Trying to settle the butterflies in her stomach and feeling as if she might pass out, she walked towards them. Most people made her very nervous, Aes Sedai even more so. “Excuse me, Kelaine Sedai,” she curtseyed clumsily, feeling very small. “Aes Sedai,” she curtseyed to the unknown Green Sister, more gracefully this time. Turning back to Kelaine, she stammered, “D-did I miss my appointment, Aes Sedai?”

7. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Koriandre lead the other Aes Sedai to a clearing where her warder frequently practiced. Lately he'd been there more and more, even though many of the other warders had begun to avoid him and this clearing. She hoped the other Aes Sedai had an answer to his problems.

When they came closer, Steivan appeared to be standing and meditating. But Kori didn't believe he was. A meditating man would have looked calm not as edgy as he appeared. She was somewhat angry that he didn't manage a proper greeting for her or Kelaine Sedai. Problems or not, a warder should be polite to his Aes Sedai and all others. Looking at him, she wondered exactly what he was doing. The warder was wearing no sword, unusual for him, and had no other weapons he could be practicing with. 'Was he learning hand to limb combat with the trees', she mused.

With barely a quick hello, Keliane started delving her warder for problems. Kori could sense his mounting anxiety. She wondered how he was controlling it well enough not to run away screaming. Most warders disliked being delved by Aed Sedai, sometimes they appeared even to be uncomfortable necessary healing. Still, Steivan felt more anxious than being scrutinized by a Yellow could account for.

Brusquely the other Aes Sedai told Kori that her warder was still healty and sane, but she wished to study him further. Since a distant warder was being of no use to Kori she replied to Kelaine, "You may keep him for study as long as you wish. In his current state, he cannot properly function as a warder." She contained a smirk when Steivan groaned, but perhaps a couple days in the Yellow Ajah would teach him better behavior.

Kori was about to leave and thank Kelaine Sedai for her time when they were interupted by a pale woman she'd never met before. She observed her while she curtsied to both Keliane and herself. 'Perhaps she was a new novice." Kori thought. After all, new women were being added to the novice book daily. The woman looked young enough to start training, but Kori didn't feel the spark of channeling in her. Since she needed to talk to the other Aes Sedai, Kori smiled pleasantly at the new person and let her speak to Kelaine.

8. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    It had been a bad decision to come this far from the dragonwall, but Haeruc had to stay away from the threefold land, he did not deserve to be happy, he deserved to die, but only after much suffering, and at the moment he wasnt suffering enough.

There were five of them left, three still had their mounts and two of Haeruc's spears were in lying beside corpses. What did these wetlanders expect coming upon his with arms raised and crying out like children. Their bright white cloaks gave them away before they came close enough to hear. and ten were down before Haeruc needed to drop his bow.

Right now he was tired, his arm was bleeding but that still wasnt enough pain, he couldnt die yet. Hefting his last remaining spear he poised himself to move forward, there was no turning back, if he did he almost though he wouldnt be able to turn around again, so much water moving along, so much. As good as a wall it blocked him in, all he could do was fight.

Deflecting one of the mens swords with the spear haft he stuck his heavy bladed knife in the mans ribs and let him fall away. One man still mounted made a charge and a duck with a twist brought the spear into the horses hamstring, the rider flew to the ground and would never rise again when the knife came down on his neck. The rest stood back, and Haeruc quickly gathered his other spears, placing them in the rigging on his bakc with his bow he held his bloody knife handy and stood on the edge of the flowing water. The other three still hung back.

One of the mounted men made a charge again, as his horse came close to Haeruc the Aiel warrior jumped into the air and planted his foot squarely in the mans face, as he fell from hsi horse, pain shot through Haeruc's shoulder, pain, and an arrow both. The shaft buried deep, the broadhead blooded behing him. The other rider lowered his horsebow with a smile and Haeruc felt himself loose balance. He plumeted into the water, it splashed around him, he tried to move his unharmed arm and it did nothing, the waer rushed all around him, he drank too much and went up and down. Looking to his injured soldier he saw the crimson blood flow out into the water, how could he be such a fool, fouling water with his worthless blood, such shame. Perhaps now he could die, no, not enough pain, he still had toh.

Moving his hands around in vain he stillt ired to reach for air, but he let the water take him with it. He almost laughed at his situation, its was an impossibility come true. Maybe in a moment a giant bird would come to take him out of the water, he did laught that time, only he couldnt feel anything after that.

9. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Steivan watched as the two Aes Sedai came to him. His own, and another of the Yellow Ajah. Before he was sure of what was happening he felt a cold shiver, The One Power; Saidar. He knew the female half was safe, yet now with what he learned of himself, he was not so sure anymore. After a time, he heard the Aes Sedai speaking; he was going to go understudy. Light! he thought. I am a warder, yet a sister must 'study' me, there is nothing wrong with warders, and he was one. They could not possibly know..no they couldnt. He would not let himself be studied, they must not learn the truth.

Groaning at the fact that his own Aes Sedai would allow another to 'study' him, disturebed him. Light! I have lost all senses...I openly show my feelings. Trying to build up his walls again, he tried to hide his feelings. "Kori..." he began, but the words were left unsaid. Bowing to the Aes Sedai, " My apologies Sisters...I must attend to some business" and with that left back to the village.

10. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    The nooning sun cast dappled shadows through the leaves into his hiding place. He did not normally stray this far from the hills, even into this desolate part of Altara, but his companions had alerted him to the presence of a large body of Aes Sedai (or so they must be) who had suddenly begun to gather in a long abandoned village. It was only prudent to check their intentions and preparations, imprudent men often found themselves in the middle of a warzone with no warning. The Light knew he had enough trouble with the Whitecloaks and the Prophet's rabble of 'Dragonsworn'. What would they know of oaths? They'd likely never kept one in their lives, nor know the price one could exact.

The sound of steel on steel had drawn him to this dell near the river. What were the Aiel coming to these days? It was a sorry sight, a spearbrother caught in the open by track-blind Whitecloaks, he must have been hypnotised by the river. Very poor awareness, it was suprising he'd made it this far from the Dragonwall, with at least four major bodies of water to cross, if not five or six.

As he watched one of the two remaining mounted men charged toward the Aielman, the other drew back his bow with an evil smirk. The Spearbrother managed an impressive, if slightly off-balance, flying kick but landed badly, staggering back toward the river. The cause quickly became obvious, the feathered shaft protruding from his already-injured shoulder. He tumbled over the bank and hit with a loud splash. His hand broke surface for a second before being swallowed up in the strong current.

His first instinct was for the Whitecloaks, but a glance told him they thought it was over, nothing to be concerned with. They could not, however, be allowed to report back to base. The whole area would quickly be flooded with rabid zealots bearing down on the unaware Aes Sedai. Not that he cared overly for the welfare of Aes Sedai, nor would they be unaware for long, not with Gaidin in the area. Besides, the Whitecloaks weren't quite fool enough to try crossing the river when they knew Warders held the far bank 'though why this band had done so was a mystery. Only fools or experts thought to scout an area infested with Aes Sedai and these men were no woodsmen. He glanced to either side and then behind him, motioning to Los and Baijan to take care of the pair of remaining Whitecloaks, they would finish off any seriously wounded who were beyond saving too, though he doubted the Aielman had left any. This they did out of mercy, not malice, it was their way and he would not prevent them. Better a swift death than a torturous last hour.

Seiera he motioned to follow him. They moved downstream 'til they were out of sight in a sheltered inlet where a stream joined the main body of water. They waded in and grabbed the Aielman by the hair as he drifted past. He needed Seiera's strength to lift him from the water and it must be gentle and fast for his life would ebb quickly if nothing was done; and done soon. Once the body was laid on the gravel beach he quickly snapped off the shaft and felt for the throb in the neck that would tell him he wasn't too late. It was there, though faint, and he still wasn't breathing. As gently as he could he rolled him over and pressed on his back. Water gushed out and then bile. At least he had not eaten recently, that was a blessing for it could have drowned him as easily as the water. He turned the inert form back onto it's side, the gentle rise and fall of his chest reassuring him. Blood still flowed freely from the shoulder though. There was little to be done about that here so he hastily wrapped a bandage about it and secured the arm to his side. If it had gone through the bone it would be the Dark One himself to shift and long in the mending, if it did at all.

As he prepared himself to move there was a rustle in the bushes and Los and Baijan emerged. They squatted on their haunches and raised their eyes to the sky behind him. He turned and looked up. Smoke was rising over the hills far to the north.

There was nothing for it, he could not stay bt the man still needed aid. His decision was made easier by the severity of the wound, he was unsure if he posessed the skill to tend it properly and there were Aes Sedai in the vicinity who could. Quickly they gathered up the still-unconscious man and moved stealthily through the trees. Few indeed were they who could move as undetectibly as they, even bearing a body with them. They stopped by a well-used track and laid him down. He took his weaponry and placed it by a tree about a foot out of reach, it would not do for him to wake suddenly and attack anyone trying to aid him, though he knew well how dangerous Aiel were with their hands alone. He thought of building a fire to signal and keep him warm but the sun was still high and he didn't want any who came along to think that this was a prepared camp. He glanced up into the tree overhead and nodded. A watch would be kept. Turning to the others he surveyed them for a moment. Then he spoke softly.

"We hunt. Let all be warned that Justice comes."

11. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Daranbar stood, patiently waiting beside the closed door of the M’Hael's study, as orders were issued to another Asha'man standing before Mazrim Taim's large desk. Many times Daranbar had been in this room, and it always seemed to have a strange feel to it. One thing that struck him as odd was the fact that the M’Hael had a desk at all. Taim had never seemed to be one to spend much time on viewing reports, or writing edicts for the members of the tower, yet there he was, seated behind a large oak desk, carved with inticate images of wild beasts. 'No doubt that came from some unfortunate noble's estate' Daranbar thought to himself. There was something more to the room though, Daranbar could see the traces of Saidin lingering about in the air, like a faint after image. He concluded that there must be more to this study than what he was able to see.

Abruptly he was pulled out of his musings by the door slamming shut next to him. In his distraction he had not noticed the other Asha'man leaving. When he looked up to the desk he saw Taim with a curious look on his face, one eyebrow arched, and taking in Daranbar as if he were an open book.

"You are an abitious one yes?" Taim asked.

"I do only as the M’Hael instructs." Daranbar replied with a small bow.

"You did not earn those pins on your collar by being my obediant lap dog." Taim returned with a sligh curl to his lip. "You were a commander in the army of Tear yes?" Again he raised that inquisitive eyebrow towards Daranbar. "You will take five soldiers with you, Daranbar, and begin recruiting."

"Yes, M’Hael." Daranbar, though he warily obeyed Taim in whatever he asked of him, had always kept a watchful eye for hidden meanings behind his orders. He'd grown to hate Taim as much as admire him over the past months. Such an arrogant posture, always speaking down to everyone. Daranbar often wondered how the M’Hael acted in the presence of the Dragon. The Tairan man shook himself from his thoughts and continued. "Where would the M’Hael like me to begin my search?"

"You will find many willing to serve the Lord Dragon in the wake of this . . . prophet" Taim said the last with a bit of a snarl. "I suggest you begin in Altara, there is great unrest in that land, I think you'll find great benefit in the chaos."

"Yes M’Hael." Again that pang of anxiety went through Daranbar as he deferred to the older man. "I shall leave once I have assembled the men."

Taim's voice halted him as he turned the knob on the door. "You did not answer my first question. Are you as ambitious as you seem?"

Daranbar straightened and faced his teacher, the anxiety building again inside of him. Perhaps Taim knew something of his hidden thoughts and doubts, or of his discomfort at having to defer to anyone, much less a commoner of no rank. "M’Hael, I am here to serve in the name of the Lord Dragon . . . and of course the M’Hael. I will not, however, tell you that I do not yearn for battle." Daranbar paused for a moment, fearing that he might say more than he should, or reveal some weakness to the other man. "I grow tired of teaching farmers to stack rocks with flows of air, tired of testing stinking peasants, only to find out they have no real ability. I long for the day when I may use my skill in a more . . . appealing manner."

Taim casually turned his attention back to a parchment on his desk. "Perhaps you will have to deal with a few Whitecloaks, or Dragon Sworn rabble on your journey." Without looking up from his study, Taim absently waved a hand, indicating that Daranbar should leave.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2004
  12. doleniel

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Kelaine listened as Kori gave her permission to study her Warder. There really was no reason why she should not; Kori was decades Kelaine's junior. Still, Greens could be very possessive about their Warders, so it was always better to ask. She was about to say something to the Warder, Stevian, he was called, she recalled, but he spoke first then hurridly began walking away.

"oh, no you don't" she muttered under her breath "If I'm to study you, I need to know where you are." She wrapped him in flows of air, then set a weave about him that allowed her to find him when she wished to. She then releases the bonds of air and let him go about his business. As he darted off, a pale Andoran woman walked hesitantly towards Kelain and spoke meekly. "D-did I miss my appointment, Aes Sedai?" she managed to stammer.

"Miss it?" Kelaine replied. "No, if you had missed it entirely, you would wish you were anywhere but here. Late, however is another story. Were you wearing the white, I would have you before the Mistress of Novices in a heartbeat. Do not let it happen again." Dropping her irritated manner a little, she continued. "Now come, there are still many wounded in the soldier's camps, much that you can do"

She strode off towards the camps purposefully, fully knowing that Taryn followed. She would not dare to do otherwise. She really should not be so hard on the woman, but discipline was needed, so she could not simply let tardiness go unnoticed

13. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Staring in the direction of her retreating warder, Kori was becoming more and more angry over his behavior. She hadn't given him permission to leave, much less stalk off like that. But warders were men, she sighed. And always behaved as such, whether for good or bad reasons.

While glaring holes in the back of her warder, Koriandre barely paid attention to the woman who interrupted their conversation. Kelaine was obviously annoyed at her for being late, but it didn't take much to make a Yellow act haughty. Kori was pleased when she overheard the young woman wasn't a novice. Good to know her instinct over who would make an Aed Sedai were correct. It was also in the woman's best interest at this moment not to be a novice or else she'd most likely be scrubbing every greasy pot in Salidar at this moment along with two difficult Accepted.

Kelaine spoke to the other female in a calmer tone of voice and began towards the soldier's camps. Kori knew she had been abruptly dismissed by the other Aed Sedai. Containing her irritation over still being treated like an Accepted, she nodded at the other woman and walked off in the opposite direction. Her mood was made no better by the fact Kelaine hadn't even thougth of asking her to help with the injured. While not the most spectacular healer, she still possessed reasonable skills, being able to heal broken bones and minor injuries. In an attempt to work off her bad mood, she strode more purposefully towards another area of Salidar. Steivan would most likely be near the warder's housing, she thought. Thinking about her earlier encounter with Steivan, Kori thought it would be best to communicate with him in a more private manner. He needed to understand she only brought help because she was concerned about him and for no other reason.

After a few moments walk, she found him sparring with another warder. It was good to see him in action. Every time Koriandre saw her warder fight, it reminded her of why she bonded him in the first place. When he has won the practice match, Steivan noticed Kori standing on the sidelines smiling at him. When he was out of earshot of the other warder, Kori quietly said, "We need to talk. I only asked a Yellow to observe you because I'm concerned about you."

14. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Thrown on his side, Ahsdale looked up to see the silhoutted shape of a Seanchan soldier standing above him, his sword poised for the kill. Before his stroke fell a senior officer, thats what he must have been - those Ravens on his shoulder must have meant something - motioned him to stop. The solider immediatly re-sheated his sword and stood silently, menacingly. Kicked and beaten, Ahsdale was being dragged to the Seanchan camp when an image coallesced over the dream, a vision of a man - with fire in place of his eyes and his mouth - beckoning him, calling him by name....and he named himself Ba'alzamon....

Ahsdale awoke, covered in his own slick sweat, the dream lingering in his mind. "Ba'alzamon," he mouthed silently. So many questions, yet no answers. His journey for an Aes Sedai had begun after the events at Falme and his months of captivity by the Seanchan. Though hearing rumours of a split in the Tower - surely an impossibilty - had made him unsure of where to turn. His travels had brought him into the land of Altara, near the capital of Ebou Dar. Rising with the morning sun, he buckled his heron-mark blade to his hip, and placed his dark cloak over him. People asked questions when they saw weapons like that, questions he had no answers for, and truthfully, he was almost ashamed of that sword, he didn't earn it, nor did he deserve it.
    Looking out over the land, he set out again, he needed an Aes Sedai to help him with these visions - if visions they were. The thought that they could be something more chilled him to the bone. Wrapping his dark cloak around himself, he headed into Ebou Dar to get a drink. A few cold mugs of spiced wine was always good for drowning one's sorrows.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2004
  15. Radagast

Radagast Art House Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    The harpist sounded his instrument through the vast hall, though only Raheryin and his companion had the pleasure of hearing its methodic and soothing sounds during this quiet morning. Raheryin had once learned the harp, several years back when the world presented opportunity at every corner. He had abandoned it, however, as he soon learned that coin was to be made in other more captivating ways.

Turning back to the game of stones presented in front of him, Raheryin quickly analyzed the situation. He could of ended the game several moves back. In fact, Raheryin could see several ways to end the game on this move. Alas, Raheryin had a soft spot for alluring women, and Master Urayio's oldest daughter was far to attractive to end his socializing session. Making an absent move, he commented on the latest rumours of the many affairs that engulfed the world. He had heard every type of rumour that could have been possibly concieved in the last several months, and after seeing the Dragon Reborn in person at Tear, he had a good idea of which held truth.

"Oh yes, Master Mendaric, several reports have confirmed that the Dragon has seized from Cairhien to Falme. Others also say he has started to work North, already capturing the Borderlands."

Raheryin shrugged absently. Many assumed he still had close connections to his homeland, primarly because of the silver bells braided into his hair. Not wanting to quit hearing her sweet, clear voice he posed another question. "Have you heard anything else of interest? A man of your father's stature surely would recieve word first-hand." Raheryin knew that was a lie as clear as the Illian waters. Master Urayio was a Noble, sure, yet one of very minor significance.

She made her move on the board, setting a primitive trap that Raheryin could easily escape. "Several reports have confirmed the empty town of Salidar has had some recent inhabitants. If you cannot recall, it is located not 20 miles from the border's of my fathers estate. Reports of Aes Sedai involvement are rumoured."

Raheryin pretended to be deep in thought for several moments, then finally made a move to evade her trap and set one of his own. Remaining quiet, Raheryin decided not to respond. Talk of Aes Sedai always made him nervous, and at times, angry. Fingering the golden ring on his finger, he looked down at the unique yet unusual symbol engraved upon the top of it. Raheryin had never seen, nor heard, of any symbol quite like this one. Perhaps, he pondered, that was why he valued it so much.

Looking back up, Raheryin noticed his companion deep in thought, obviously not finding any capable way of evading his trap. Of course, Raheryin knew of three seperate ways, but it would be impolite to point out her weakness. Looking over towards the window, he spoke with more vivid enthusiam.

"I have grown tired of this game, I shall concede to you the win. Perhaps, m'Lady, you much rather prefer a walk in the gardens?"

Giving an eager, yet sly grin that Raheryin would never tire of viewing, she accepted. Raheryin gently picked up his quarterstaff and politely took her hand. With that, they strolled past the harpist, the soft chime of his bells almost in perfect unison with the soulful music.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2004
  16. Sorcha

Sorcha Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Taryn smiled back at the unknown Sister, hoping she would introduce herself. Kelaine Sedai interrupted, “Miss it? No, if you had missed it entirely, you would wish you were anywhere but here. Late, however is another story. Were you wearing the white, I would have you before the Mistress of Novices in a heartbeat. Do not let it happen again.” Her tone softened a bit, “Now come, there are still many wounded in the soldier's camps, much that you can do." Kelaine began walking towards the camp. Blushing furiously and with a quick curtsey to the other Sister, Taryn followed. She had heard about the incident the night before, but she had not been called to help, instead hearing about it instead the next morning. She seems tired, Taryn thought sympathetically. As hard as Kelaine was on her, Taryn felt extreme respect and affection towards the woman. Sometime when she is too busy to notice, I’ll try to replenish some of her energy. But first, the task at hand. As they drew closer to camp, where the injured were, the voices calling out to her in agony pressed on her mind. She held a hand to her head, throbbing by now, and attempted to shield out the voices, just a little, but the closer they drew to the injured, the thinner her mental wall became. Sometimes it was very hard to separate herself from their suffering. Light help me get through this…compared to what they are feeling, this is nothing, nothing at all, she thought, tying her hair back with a cord. Straightening her shoulders and steeling herself against the pain, she followed the Aes Sedai into camp.

17. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Steivan moved with a lithe grace as he quickened his pace, trying to put the other warder off balance and force him into a mistake. In the next few movements his blade connected with the other warders legs, sweeping his feet. Standing back up form the low sweep, he hefted the other warder up, as they exchanges words, "you've become better Steivan" the other complimented
    "I try" he replied. As the other warder walked away with a flowing movement, he noticed at the edge of the training area his Aes Sedai. She beckoned to him, and he came to her.
    "Talk...yes I suppose" he said somberly. Following Kori he knew what was coming, and he thought of what to say.

18. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    After several long minutes of conversation, Kori felt no better than when she had started. Steivan blatantly denied there being anything wrong, managing to make the problem sound like hers. Sighing heavily, the Aes Sedai decided to take up the conversation another day. It was beginning to get late, she didn't feel like dealing with more aggrevation. Perhaps a long walk before bed would help clear her mind. She could begin anew in the morning, with Kelaine to observe him.

Koriandre began steadily walking outside of the bustling areas of Salidar. All around novices were at chores or running errands, Accepted bustled about as if they were Aes Sedai, various men and women were walking quickly doing their appointed duties. The Tower had always seemed so peaceful; she never saw novices running at such speed or servants making so much clatter on their duties. When she hit the outskirts of Salidar, Kori breathed the cleaner air and felt calmed by the solitude.

Sitting down on a flat rock, she sat back to watch the river and meditate. Visualizing as in a novice exercise.. I am a rosebud, slowly opening to the sun, petal by petal... The exercise allowed Kori to focus her thought and she embraced Saidar. Her senses heightened by holding Saidar, she noticed a strange sight further along the river. Curious, she walked towards it; all the while swearing the log looked like a man half submerged into the water.

19. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    The small group of Asha’man entered a thin grouping of trees as Daranbar released the gateway from the Tower grounds. As they had rehearsed on numerous occasions, three of the soldiers began traveling in short jumps to scout their surroundings. Daranbar led the remaining two men a short distance to a wide, hard packed dirt road. If his estimations were correct they should have entered Altara roughly a half a days ride east of the capitol city. It would have been far more efficient to simply open the portal nearer the city, but such actions came with great risks, especially in a land as torn as this. Someone seeing six black-coated men riding out of thin air would raise an alarm before they ever reached their destination.

“Daran!” Came a voice down the road. Daranbar looked to see one of the soldiers approaching at a gallop down the road. “White cloaks, they’ll be in sight any moment!” ‘The Children of the Light’ Daranbar mused. In his few dealings with the self-righteous group he found them to be overly hypocritical, and very rigid in their way of thinking. No doubt they knew what a man in a black coat, wearing sword and dragon pins symbolized.

“Kill no one unless I give the order!” He spoke only loud enough for those around him to hear.

As the remaining two scouts approached from the west, the small column of white-cloaked men emerged from a small bend in the road. The sun, now at it’s peak, glinted brightly off of spear points and pale armor, set with the image of a blazing sun, as a score of mounted men came nearer.

The man at the head of the column raised a gaunted hand and brought the procession to a halt several paces from where Daranbar sat his mount. The scrutinizing look, and narrow eyed gaze he passed over the men said that he did not approve of what he saw.
    “State your business on this highway!” The man shouted. Daranbar took him to be a low ranking commander, though, in truth, he had no idea what signified rank among the Children.

“Our business is our own, sir, and we will be on our way shortly.” Daranbar returned.

“Our jurisdiction falls wherever the light shines!” The officer retorted. “You will state your business here or be brought before the questioners!”

“Already I grow tired of your ramblings, White cloak, be on about your way and leave us in peace.”

The officer made a slight motion with his hand and several men in the column raised horse bows, directed at the black-coated strangers. “I will ask you only once more –“

The man’s words trailed off as a large tree shook along the side of the road, sending splinters and chunks of bark spraying into the white cloak ranks. Abruptly the tree toppled into the road separating the two parties. As if on cue, the other Asha’man lashed out in the same way Daranbar had. Thick flows of air collided with tree trunks sending the trees toppling to the ground, and the horses in the white cloak column rearing and bucking. In a matter of seconds, more than half of the Children lay in the dirt, their horse dashing about wildly. Most of the remaining horsemen were in full retreat, leaving their commander dismounted, dirty, and cursing.

“Shadow Spawn!” The man roared in defiance. He showed no such courage, though, when Daranbar’s gaze again fell on him. He retreated back down the road with his men, little of his dignity in tact.

“Come.” Daranbar made a motion in the opposite direction. “We will reach the city by nightfall.”

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  20. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Sitting comfortably at The Wandering Woman in Ebou Dar, Ahsdale casually finished his drink and paid the barkeep her silver's. Expensive bloody drink Ahsdale thought as he lifted from his chair and made his way to the door.

Pushing open the door's he noticed it was late at night, he had been here all day. The barkeep, Setalle Anan, had been kind enough, offering him a room for a reasonable price. The inn was comfortable, clean, and had good drinks - they even had a gleeman in tonight, the first one he'd ever seen. He could see himself staying here for awhile.

Afraid of sleeping, afraid of dreaming, Ahsdale went out for a late night walk. Even at this hour the streets were still full of people, some hawking wares, others just awake because of this unnatural heat. Some people swore it had to be the Dark One breaking free, but Ahsdale knew that if the Dark One were truly free, the temperature would be the last thing on these people's minds.

For months now, Ahsdale had been searching for an Aes Sedai to help him with his vision's, but with the rumoured Tower Split, it had been hard to find any, and he wouldn't dare set foot in Tar Valon, he had heard many rumours about this Elaida, and had no intention of meeting her, or her Aes Sedai.

Realizing he was more tired than he believed, he decided to head back to bed. Even with nights like his, a man still needed sleep. Perhaps tomorrow will bring new fortunes my way... Ahsdale thought wearily, as he made his way back to The Wandering Woman.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
Search tags for this page

asha mansoon