RPG # 4 - Secrets of the Void

Discussion in 'RPG #4 - Secrets of the Void' started by Nienor, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    The Ravens-Wing, a medium sized interstellar transport ship skidded through empty space after its FTL jump from half way across the galaxy. Slowly it came to a halt in orbit around a large sun, the solar flares hiding it from any planetary sensors on the worlds in this system.

Hidden from prying eyes, and isolated from interruptions the owner made his way through its many corridors. A man who could make generals afraid with a stare, he walked silenty and made his way to the ships conference room where his guests awaited. He had assembled some two dozen mercenaries, archeologists, adventurers, technitians and whoever else he thought would be useful on this task. He finally went through the sliding blue titanium doors and towards his chair under the eyes of all of them and sat down to face them. With less than a minute of silent staring he got down to business.

"My name is Fardon Otra, I have brought you all here because I have need of the skills you have, I need a task that is of the utmost importance, and whoever succeeds will be paid hansomely for their services."

He glanced from face to face, or what some of the things here called faces and then pushed a button on his chair, behind him a screen flashed images of a light brown planet dotted with a few signs of civilisation.

"This is where I need you to go. Under USC records it is coded XX-438, though a few surface ruins show it was once named Elysium, some long time ago. It was discovered twenty years ago by the USC with no native life signs, and appearing to have nothing to offer but dust and rocks. It was later that those rocks appeared to contain several rare elements and minerals, mainly Sossium Oxide. The USC sold the mining rights to the Demaxus mining corporation and for the last two decades they have been mining the whole planet, there are well over a thousand drilling stations and a few large spaceports. Two weeks ago mining station Delta 4 struck a rift in the planets crust leading to a huge range of caverns below the surface. It seems the Sossium Oxide deposits in the ground shielded this region from all previous scans. What was found was an incredibly advanced and sophisticated range of technologies and structures in these caverns. Currenty the USC and the Demaxus mining corporation are battling over who owns the rights to the find. The USC claim it because they own the planet under their own laws and Demaxus claims their mining rights allow them whatever they can pull out of the ground. These legal disputes show no sign of giving way to either party for some time and untill then Station Delta 4 has been closed and the mine sealed. Meanwhile a huge number of people such as yourselves, mercs, archeologists, treasure hunters, you name it, have gained access to the caverns through similar holes drilled through Other mining stations. They have been looting the ruins below and taking whatever they want. The USC has sent down a few squads of peacekeepers to burn out the intruders but they are outnumbered by far and have been ordered to shoot on sight anyone they find, the resulting fight making the caverns a partial war zone with not much more than martial law where the peacekeepers are stationed."

Otra pushed the button again and the screen flashed to show three objects, one a sphere of seamless metal a foot in diameter with one short thin line that glowing red. Another was a cylinder of glass like material, each end capped in metal and a thin sliver at its centre was a yellow liquid held there in suspension. The third object was a Tile of metal with a glass cover.

"I need you to make your way down into these caverns and retrieve these objects for me. I have no indication of where they are but my sources show they are down there still. You will need to secure your own method of transport into the caverns, the USC are currently trying to seal every mining station they think leads to them and are guarding them well. The envirnoment below may be dangerous so I dont expect you all to volunteer nor all of you to return, but whoever goes down there will be provided with whatever they need from this ships armouries and a supply of spending money to hire whatever else you need when you get to the planets surface. Whoever goes, and whoever returns with the three items will recieve four billion credits divided between you which is more than enough to secure to life in luxury to the end of your days You may also take whatever else you wish from the caverns beside the objects I need. I have a drop-ship ready to take you to the nearest space-port and Another ready to take the rest of you back to where you were picked up. Do you have any questions?"

Otra looked at the guests, some talking, some frowning, others wide eyed with the thought of the money, and he waited for them to step forward to join the mission. He himself could not wait to lay his hands on the items he needed, the money was well worth it for what he would gain.

Started by:Crusader

2. PenguinofDeath

PenguinofDeath The name says it all.

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    The first to step forwards is a strange looking humanoid- the coils of his lower torso fill up considerable space, yet despite his monstrous appearance he has a certain grace to him. His upper torso is that of a human, overly muscular, and entirely green-grey- scaled of course. His arms appear strong, but the scales on them are sleeker than the others, giving away the fact that these limbs are used little, or are relatively new. His head is that of a spitted cobra, eyes drawn back. Despite his strange appearance, he speaks the universal language almost perfectly, other than a slight lisp. The scales on his forehead assume a blueish tint, as he says "I agree to go whereever you send me...if the pay is right,"

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2004
  3. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Once the serpent had spoken, A three and a half foot long insect scitered forwards. Light glinted off of its bluegreen shell and its iradesent wings. Short and stuby of body, the insect walked on its hind pair of legs as it used the other four for arms. Masive eyes glowing it clicked "For the right price kkcc.. This one will help Kcccckcc..."

4. Ender-Zero

Ender-Zero Ruff Mercenary

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    A man in a dark body suit stood up, his faces showing through his dark face mask. He nodded his head and looked around, he then walked over to the bug and serpentine creature, he spoke in a dark, low, and deep voice, "I shall join you, though money is useless to me I will except anyways" the man then crossed his arms revealing his spikes and pistols.

5. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Sipping on his drink, Gene sat in the Blue Ribbon. Gene was waiting for a new passenger, for he needed some spare cash to fix one of the small wing auto defence laser's. It wasn't easy these days to hire a Rogue pilot for many people, as the USC was taking a new harsh line on space pirates and outlaws, but Gene had contacts that could always supply him with a passenger when needed.

He was used to waiting patiently, even for late customers...which was a good thing considering he could add on a little price for wasting his services. His new customer had not given much information, but that did not matter, for the price was good. Ordering another mug of the cheap alcohol, he continued to wait.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2004
  6. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Aboard the ship, toward the back of all the mercenaries, hat down to cover his features, foot wedged between his leg and the seat, arm suspended upon a bar, a figure in a strange blanket type getup sat. He looked up when the first three stepped forward. The cigar in his mouth reddened at the tip as he took a long drag, his face illuminated in red. Victer Saint, legendary in the right circles, took several steps forward. The patch was enough to throw many off, but these three looked at him like some average chummer out on their first run. He stepped calmly looking at each of them carefully, a secondary netrunner, less skilled able to access the matrix by the look of him, not cyber at all, a reptile that looked to be a good scrapper, and a gunslinger that would be useful in data transportation. He figured at least one of them should be able to pilot a good airship if need be. If not a good pilot wasn't hard to find, just to keep alive. Saint then looked to the well dressed man infront of the would be runners. He looked the man over long and hard, the guy had to know what he was doing if he got this far sending people on crazy drek missions like this one. "Alright Mr. Orta, was it? I'm in."

7. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Forzeth looked at the humaniod like himself, he then reached to his holsters and took out two blue information chips. Forzeth looked at the others and slide his arm infront of him and opened his import slot, he lighty put the chip in the closed the slot, "Victor Saint is it? I've heard so much about you" Forzeth said with a light smile, he then threw the other chip to Victor, "Take a look at it when you can" Forzeth then leaned against a wall and looked to the others who seemed to think he was crazy.

8. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Victer caught the chip and looked over it in his hands, then popped it into his deck and plugged into it. His fingers flew accross the keypad at rapid speeds. A hologram popped out of the top and he looked up. The image of a young seeming male. Hard to tell how old people were in this age with all the races that ran rampit. The humanoid seemed a typical non-descript man, save for two small scars on his cheek. Several bits of information were visible next to the image. "Hm, if we can find this guy he should be useful. Figure the dropship can get us to the surface, but beyond that we need a pilot that can fly anything. And yeah, I'm Saint. Hard to tell what you've heard about me. I've heard stories about me that involve people I've never heard of. Anyway which other of these chummers is gonna come with us?"

9. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    "I'm sure some of the guests here have heard something of you mister Saint, and I do not doubt if we went through everybodies histories you would have heard a thing or two about all of them, I hire the best, and you have all been brought here because of your extensive records." Casting one quick glance across the room of people and creatures who had decided not to come, Otra returned his gaze to those who had stepped forward. "Now, no more idle chit-chat, It is time for you to be on your way, follow me" Rising from his chair Fardan Otra made his way round the table to the sliding titanium doors and down the corridor, followed by his new employees.

After a short walk the group went through a set of large doors into a small docking bay, settles at one side was a long transport ship, not much more than a short range craft. "This will be your transport to the planets surface, my personal pilot Emelio will be taking you down there, all the necessary documents have been arranged and you should have no trouble from customs. Onboard you will find a small armoury for your personal safety and a case containing fifty thousand credits, money to help your task go smoothly, and a data pad containing the schematics of the objects you seek. Once you step off that ship you are on your own and will have to arrange your own help, once you have completed your mission return to the surface and wait for me to find you. Now, I must away to see to the others, have a pleasant journey." Otra turned and went through the doors without another glance at the others and continued down the corridor while they were busy boarding the ship. To him they coulndt be idiots enough to fail to get the items, especially with the fortune he was offering, then again he did have his insurance just in case.

Going back through the blue titanium doors Otra made his way past the others who still sat there and sat back down in his chair before pondering over the other occupants of the room. "Well, it seems you do not find my offer generous enough, so you shall be sent on your way, goodbye. Dailan, take care of them would you" Otra waved a hand to his left and from seemingly in the middle of the air a stream of blue energy shots fired out into the crowd of creatures there, killing them one by one, others tried to run for the door not knowing it was locked, some screamed not knowing the room was soundproofed. The gunfire did not stop till everyone was dead but Otra. Where the shots came from the air rippled slowly like the air above intese heat but in the shape of a man, and without warning the figure became visible once more, an average high human in a black trenchcoat cradling an assault rifle. Otra turned towards him and gave a smile. "So much easier than bribing for silence. Now, you heard the brief, I want you to follow the others and make sure they find the objects safely, make sure they dont face too much hinderance. Once they find them, kill them all and bring be the objects yourself, and all the money is yours". Dailan nodded and left the room, heading towards the docking bay.

10. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Victer stepped onboard the small ship and after take off went strait to the armory. After searching through the weapons for several moments he found what he needed. The Spaz 4-40 Automatic shotgun. He gathered several rounds for the weapon and then kept searching for anything he could find useful. Because you never know...

11. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Slanuthan, the bug, headed to the armory. "I am almost shure that this is a trap, Ckccct." he said when he entered the room, seeming to know that Victer was there befor the door opened. "I am Slanuthan, of the Chiterlings kccc."

12. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Victer was alittle stunned at the bug creature's appearance, but didn't make any signs of it besides a slight jump, "Working for a corp is almost always a trap. Guys like Orta don't like having to pay for a high cred run like this. And if they can avoid payment and get the goods all the better. Just be on yer, uh, feet, things and you'll do fine. Or you could get fragged, either way, it's part of the job, drek happens."

13. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    "True, but there was somthing unseen in that room that I do not like, Ckct." Said Slanuthan as he looked through the weapons for somthing to use.

14. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Forzeth approached the two, "If you can help me find some info on this Orta and these objects I may be able to figure this all out. And if I can do that we can avoid any traps that may be set* Forzeth then looked at an odd disc in the armory and put it into his inport slot, he wasnt sure what it was.

15. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "Hm, Orta doesn't have a bad reputation, pretty low profile corp. All I know is the mining company we're after, Demaxus, is known to take runners from the most isolated systems, send em on suicide runs and if they succeed kill em off to avoid paying them. The USC on the other hand is known for generously rewarding any runners it gets. Either way Orta didn't send a Johnson out for us, so this means alot to him." Victer said giving out what he knew of the situation.

16. PenguinofDeath

PenguinofDeath The name says it all.

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Sarok edges towards the group- if he is going on a mission with them, friendship would be useful. He brings his clawed arms outwards, and bows awkwardly, "Greetingsss..." He looks to the weapons, and smiles, swiftly grabbing three tubes containing different toxins- his tail apparantly is as fine a manipulator, if not better, than his hands.

17. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Victer glanced at the serpent man seeing the tail movement with widened eyes, "No need to bow, we're a team for now which means we're all equal, pick up some body armor if you don't got it already, a run like this tends to gain undue attention, from authorities and other teams. Just be careful and don't be a stupid fragger."

18. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    As the last member slithered into the ship, Emelio pushed a button and let the hatch close and lock. Meanwhile the others where busying themselves working throough the armoury and taking the provisions provided, the distraction was good enough, they were already blabbering about their thoughts of the mission. The sound recorders were on and he would transfer the conversation over to Otra when he's dropped them off.

Pulling the transport into a slow rise, Emelio edged it out of the docking bay, the airshield buzzing as the ship glided through it. Slowly it gained speed and circled the sun that the ravens-wing was orbiting. After a few minutes the bright burning star gave way to the view of the greyish brown planet below, And the transport headed that way.

The doors slid away from Dailan as he strode through the door to the docking bay, as he headed in the large transport was just leaving vision. Dailan toon not of it and went over to the far corner of the bay. Taking a remote from his pocket and clicking it once, his ship appeared from its cloak, a little more primitive from the one on his suit but just as useful for a lifeless hunk of metal. Dailain put his guns in the cockpit behind the seat, leaving on the two pistols strapped to his thighs, a gift from otra's armoury. He climbed in and set the electronics to life and closed the cockpit before lifting the small fighter-transport out of the large ship, once it was clear he re-engaged the cloaking field and set his course to follow the transport.

19. DarkElv22-JJ

DarkElv22-JJ Your opponent

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    -On the planet of the groups destination-

Khyradon walked along with his master. He put his long claws on the choking brace around his neck. His master had a device, that when activated, could make Khyradon gasp for air through the brace around his neck........he was a slave.

The saurian stood a good 6 foot 4. He had gold and sliver armor from his previous life, at his palace. He was a prince.......a prince of his species planet. Betrayed by his brother, he was captured and sent to be a bodyguard. Khyradon's master, Luko, used him for protection from his many enemies. Khyradon wished he could kill the fat tub of lard every time he heard him speak.......Khyradon was an honorable warrior.

Today he felt different from other days, a chill went down his scaly spine as he saw 12 men turn a corner and walk straight for the saurian and his master. They approached and Khyradon's sensitive ears picked up the mens conversation.

"You never said anything about the saurain being with him."
    "I know, I know, he must be new, i'll take the saurian. You strip Luko and take his valuables...then kill him." The one that Khyradon heard speak was a bulky man, that had red goggles on.

Trouble The saurain stopped, Luko noticed it and turned around, "Khyradon you fool, whats wrong?"
    "Masssster......those men, they are hungering for our flesh." Khyradon said. Luko was stunned, he turned to see the 12 men 100 yards off, "Shit, i owe em money....Khyradon this might get bad, protect me at all costs!"

Khyradon nodded and pushed his master out of the way behind an aluminum barrel. The men reacted to this by taking out their plasma weapons. Khyradon opened his mouth as far as it would go, his teeth were showing and his two fangs shot out, a sign of dominance. The men knew nothing of the saurians custom and returned the gesture with firing. Khyradon squatted and dodged the poorly aimed shots. He took out his demonic looking scimitar.....ready to peel apart flesh. He ran at the men, shots fired and bounced off his heavy armor that clung so close that it made the saurian look like he had silver and gold skin.

He roared a deafening sound....all of the mens hearts skipped a beat. Khyradon raised his scimitar as he came upon a man, the man shot, but the great warrior jumped up and the plasma bolt missed him. Khyradon came down with his scimitar into the head of the foe. He stood, sword in the mans head....Squessh. Khyradon pressed down and ripped through the rest of the mans body, he was cut inhalf.

"SOME KIND OF MONSTER!!!!!!" The leader with red goggles screamed.

A ship was approaching the atmosphere in the distance........the group was aboard the ship.

20. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    The ship landed easily enough, Victer grunted a thanks to Emelio and the group departed. The surface air stank of several minerals. The only one who took a strong notice was Sarok. "Places like this tend to draw some of the lowest type of skum in the systems. Crazy drek'll go down, watch each others backs. People like you," he pointed at Sarok and Slanuthan, "aren't much liked by alot of the more humanoid races round these places, as for us techies, there's bound to be afew naturalists around here." The netrunner said in a low tone as they moved through the city. Eventually they found a bar without signs that disalowed any of them and entered. The team took a seat in the corner and Victer handed the data pad to Forzeth, "Find a good way to get below the surface, we'll leave after that."