RPG #3 - The Hunted

Discussion in 'RPG #3 - The Hunted' started by Nienor, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Aenarion was nearing the Tower, and soon found himself at its entrance. Here he was greeted by an aged Dwarf, "I am Tregar, Master Aegis is dining with company, he wishes you to join him" Tregar informed him, when he dismounted Malhandir and looked at the Dwarf. Thanking the Dwarf he handed the eigns of Malhandir to another dwarf, to be taken to the stables. Following the Dwarf he entered the tremendously tall building.

Upon entering the building, Aenarion did not need Malhandir to tell him that this tower was riddled with trap and precautionary spells. Closing his eyes, he oepend them again, and he saw what few other did, the essence of magic itself.; the advantage of being a Daemon-slayer meant that he could see the magic moulded and cast by Daemons. Multitudes of colours swirled around the room, and he saw runes of magic imprinted on the walls.

Letting his sense loose, he found that he now faed a great door, which the old dwarf began to open. He then saw, something that not even he had seen in his lifetime, a Daemon dining with Elves. All elves including himself and a Daemon now were present in the room. Aegis stood up and motioned for him to take a seat, "Come will you dine with us?", the mage asked him.

2. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Aislinn had been somewhat dazed by the days events. She never imagined the mage was planning on conversing with that hideous creature she saw earlier. Or that the creature would be able to speak intelligently. She had thought all monsters were like animals, unable to do more than base necessities. Now here she was in the dining hall of an important Elven mage eating supper with the daemon.

She spent time studying him while cautiously picking at her food. Despite the enticing dinner that was provided, she was nervous enough to have little appetite. While he was large and intimidating, he seemed rational and not inclined to violence at this moment. Although he was consuming the larger part of food on the table.

For awhile she turned her thoughts to scrutinizing the other elven warrior. He seemed rather typical for a male elf. "Probably more concerned with his strength and skill with weapons than stealth and ingenuity." she scoffed to herself. Focusing her thoughts on what skills she could provide to Aegis that this male elf could not. Aislinn needed to find a new employer, her funds were beginning to run low. She was sure that this mage could use her services and would likely be able to pay on the scale she was used to. The other elf appeared to her as competition.

3. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Airelot continued to eat though he was alittle thrown by the consumption rate of the large form of Zaad. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed Aislinn looking daggers at him but pretended not to notice. He supposed it was reasonable, he'd been less then polite to her, to concerned with himself he guessed. He went back to his eating, he'd need strength for the coming trials.

4. DarkElv22-JJ

DarkElv22-JJ Your opponent

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Zept heard a scuffle out side, he heard a deep voice boom. "You bloody brute, im gonna knock your teeth out!" Zept got up and opened the door a bit, he saw a large brute of a man fighting a smaller male human. The large man took a swing only to have the smaller one dodge the assault. The smaller man came up with an upper cut but the other man came down with a cross to the cheek. The small human fell down, his jaw broken. "Aye, mate, that outa teach ya not to pick pocket."

Jaz looked at the unconcious human, the larger human, Jaz, bent down and took his bag of coins back. "You scally wagged little..." Jaz stopped cursing the unconcious man and stood to see an elv looking at him. "Ello mate, sorry if i upset you. I just....Oh damn!" At that, men could be heard running up the stairs below, "The murderer was up here!" said one voice. Jaz looked at Zept, "Mind if i come in?" Zept shook his head and tried to shut the door, but the large man had his hand out. "Ok, looks like i will have to do this." Zept tried to punch forward but the larger man easily knocked him out with a jab to the face.

Zept awoke a couple hours later to see an ice pack on his face, he saw the large man sitting next to him. "Sorry about earlier mate, but some guys are after me, they think i murdered someone important. My names Jaz, whats yours?" Zept barely squeezed out his name before he feel asleep.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2004
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ender-Zero

Ender-Zero Ruff Mercenary

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Zept awoke again and jumped to his feet, "They think you killed someone inportant, consider yourself lucky. They think I killed an entire village, and then that damned mage left me to rot" Zept said as he picked up his glasses and put them on, he still didn't want Jaz to see his eyes, one all black one all white. "Do you always were those glasses mate?" asked Jaz as he looked over to Zept who had just sat down on his bed, "I wear them all the time, except when a sleep, which I don't do much of as I only need to do it once a week" Zept replied streching his arms and yawning, "What do you say we go in search of those damn bastards tomarrow Jaz? Oh right you don't know what i'm talking about let me explain" Zept said as he began to tell Jaz all that had happened so far.

6. DarkElv22-JJ

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Jaz listened to this being of light and dark. He nodded, showing he understood, "Well mate, what shall we do? If we go outside this inn, it might be death for me." Zept let these words soak in, "Well human, we have to get out sometime, if we have to fight, lets show them what we are made of." Jaz nodded, he made a fist and pounded his chest. "Aye mate...lets do it." Jaz's eyes showed a small amount of fear, he hoped Zept could not sense it. They both stood up and walked to the door.....

7. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    As the group finished their meal, Aegis rose from the table. "If you will excuse me for a moment." He said, bowing slightly. Aegis returned to his study, and when he returned he was holding a staff. The staff appeared to be made of a blackened wood, though it was more rigid than any steel, exceptionally light weight and set with many foriegn runes. The top of the staff resembled a partially clenched, clawed, three fingered hand.

Aegis returned to his seat across the table from Zaad. "This is why I sought you help, mighty one." Aegis explained. "I discovered this staff many centuries ago one one of my expeditions. Though I can tell that it holds great power, I am unable to unlock it's secrets." Aegis motioned to the script running the length of the six foot long staff. "The language is that of another plane of existence, one wich, despite my studies, I am unable to translate." Aegis reached out his hand and offered the staff to his newfound companion. "The task is simple, I ask that you translate the runes for me, if you are able. My quest in life is one of knowledge, and this artifact is the pinacle of my studies."

Aegis watched as the Daemon studied the inscriptions with a doubting look. "Fear not my friend, for I will repay your services whether or not you are able to read this. I simply ask that you try."

8. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Zaad took the staff in one hand, the wood tingled against his skin, he could feel the power within it pulsing under his skin, he could almost remeber that he had seen it before, in a time he longed to forget. Turing his attention to the script running on the staff he looked at the runes, and he rememebered the language that was once taught to him, a language that had not been used for over twenty thousand years of this earth. With fear glowing in his flesh, Zaad read the words aloud.

"The Power is in your hand, the power is in your fist, the power is yours to take"

Zaad looked at the mage, his eyes saw someone who had claimed this thing, this tool of malice, he feared the mage now, when before he had looked on him as he would any mortal. Zaad's face was a picture of woe.

"This should have been destroyed long ago, It should have been crushed when he fell. This thing must have woken me, this staff is too great a power for the world to know, it must be destroyed. This is......this was, the staff of Eieshar, it took a union of a hundred thousand mages to slay him, mages from the Age of Chaos when magic filled the world in the likes that have not been known since. This staff....this weapon created me. They should have broken it when they slew him, they pledged to do so, they should have..............no, it cant be true, if it survived then that means."

Anger took Zaad that moment and he took the staff in both hands and tried to tear it apart, Aegis stepped closer to protest but in his anger Zaad batted him away, he had to break it. suddenly the black staff began to glow with a dull blackness, it filled the room with shadow and began to pour power into Zaad, it pained him, the headaches he had suffered all came back at once, in a pain wose than he could imagine inside his head, he thought he would explode in an instant but the pain continued. And with the pain as always was the voice, but now it was as loud as thunder, speaking to him inside his mind. 'Yes, it is time, you have done your job as was necessary, twenty thousand years is a long time to wait, but it is worth it, I am free.'

The pain coursed through every muscle, Zaad was wrything and twitching on the ground breaking furniture and walls wherever he rolled, a feeling of darkness spread over his body untill he thought no more.

The being that was Zaad opened its eyes, they stared as black as the night, and pierced flesh with their gaze as the creature rose from the floor, it looked at the occupants of the room, insects, and then looked the the black staff in his hand and smiled.

"Free at last, Thank you mage for bringing it to me."

The being stepped back to the wall of the room that lead to the balcony overlooking the city. Will one hand he crushed the stone archway to a fitting size and stepped out to look over the world. Half to himself and half to what he saw, the being that was zaad spoke.

"I have returned, and all who came to stop be should be dead by now, none can contest my power in this age, I have returned to claim the world that is mine, Eieshar has returned."

Eieshar in the body of Zaad took one leap from the tower out into the city, where he landed the ground shook and broke, where he trot mortals ran from, a path fo destruction lead through the city that day.

9. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Aegis rose from the rubble filling his grand dining hall and found Tregar rushing toward him from across the room, concern painted on his withered face. Dismissing him with a wave of his hand, Aegis motioned toward the other people in the room. "Tend to them Tregar, I am well enough."

Aegis took up his staff from the corner where he had set it to rest and leaned heavily on it as he made his way across the room to the shattered balcony overlooking the city. He could still make out the form of Zaad, or rather Zaad's possesed form, making it's way through the streets. Mustering what strength he had left, Aegis began a spell, for several moments he chanted first softly then louder and louder until his voice, echoed by the magic, boomed throughout the city. When he stopped chanting the city seemed silent almost dead for an instant then Aegis raised his staff and a bright beam of energy streamed from it's head and out into the city. True to it's mark, the energy intercepted the creatured stampeding through the streets. Zaad's roar could be hear reverberating off of the stone buildings as the beam seared into him causing a blinding flash of light. When the light subsided, the creature was gone.

Aegis turned slowly to his companions who were all back on their feet, if a little shaken. We've not seen the last of that one, he said in a quiet tone, nearly all of his energy spent between the spell and the attack. He has been sent to an island, a place long kept secret from the world. There rest other immortal beings, though they do not share the same evil ways as this one.

10. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Standing up, Aislinn started out towards the city in awe. She couldn't believe how fast the transformation had come over the daemon. One moment he was a rational being like the others in the room, then he became a raging monster. Aislinn reached quickly for the dagger hanging at her belt if it became necessary to defend herself.

Fortunately for her, and unfortunate for the town, the creature jumped out a window, then went rampaging down the nearest street. She was very glad for the mage's magic spell that rid them of the monster. Aislinn was awe-struck by the powerful spell. She had once considered becoming a mage herself, but had quickly realized she had no talent for it. Fighting was her second choice, being a mercenary paid the bills but lacked the glory of using magic.

Turning toward Aegis she questioned, "Is he gone forever or will we need to search him out?"

11. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Airelot stood slowly, he felt as if during the slightest tremor his legs would fail him. He kept a firm grip on the nearby table. Breathing heavily once more; he managed to keep this hidden from the others. The back of his neck seemed to burn now, his armor felt as if it were tightening itself, the device began to vibrate again, and now it glowed a pale blue, he felt a gagging sensation, his body began to shiver, he fell to one knee. His entire body now felt as if it were on fire, his fists clenched, finally he forced his head back almost violently and the feelings past. He got up again to find the others all staring at him. He sighed, "Sorry, just alittle ill snap I guess." he said trying to explain it as best he understood.

12. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Aegis turned to Aislinn and offered as comforting a smile as he could manage under the circumstances. "I'm afraid that something powerful has awakened, and I do not think that it will be so easily destroyed. We will search him out, that is if you still care to join me. Then again, he may seek us."

Aegis pulled three pendants from the pocket of his robe, each hung from a gold chain and was set with a black gem stone. "Take these and wear them whenever you are inside the tower. They will allow to move about most areas unhindered by the guardians." Aegis motion for Tregar, who was standing with the other two elves near the remnants of the table. He spoke to all of them. "Tregar will show you to rooms where you will be able to rest for a few hours before we set out. If you require something I'm sure he will be more than happy to assist you. After you are rested, Tregar will show you to my small armory, I may have a few items that will help us on our road."

13. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Aislinn followed Aegis's servant down a long poorly lit hallway. Due to her training, she noted several easy hiding spots to ambush someone unsuspecting. She filed that information carefully away for future needs. You never know when secret hiding places could become useful. While walking down the passageways of Aegis's castle, she carefully scrutinized the necklace she was now wearing. The gemstone appeared to be a highly polished piece of oxyx, nice but that held no significance to her. What interested Aislinn was the writing inscribed on it. It appeared to be in an ancient elven runic style. She could attempt to decipher it later.

Finally the two elves were lead into a small storeroom containing fascinating weaponry. Aislinn could stare at those weapons for days and still not get bored. "A small armory?" she scoffed quietly. These weapons could equip a small village. Upon close inspection, the elf could tell a vast majority of them were magical. Most were inscribed with various runes and symbols, in addition they seemed to vibrate or hum slightly to her. Making it easy to discern which ones were worth further investigation.

Smiling, the elf first gave her attention to a lovely sword inlaid with gems in the hilt. She admired the fine golden sword and the starlike emerald, ruby and sapphire in the hilt. Aislinn could have sworn she'd seen a sword like this before. Brandishing it slightly, she quickly noted it was too large for her. Sadly, most swords were made for large men and were too heavy for a female elf to wield. Keeping that in mind, she passed by several lovely polished swords. As much as Aislinn would like to have those, she didn't know how far Aegis's generosity would go, therefore she preferred to pick a more useful weapon.

Many of the other items she barely glanced at. Heavy axes, maces and flails always felt awkwards in an elf's hands. Those weapons were made for brutish bashing not the graceful movements of an elf. There were daggers of all descriptions, but Aislinn had her favorite mithril daggers with her. No need to choose another. Standing by itself in a corner, she saw exactly what weapon she needed. A polished wooden bow and a quiver full of delicate arrows. Stroking her hands over the curved bow, she knew this would be perfect.

She turned about to tell Tregar she was ready to go; noticing the servant was tapping his foot in impatience. She could see the other elf, Airelot was nowhere in sight. With slight embarassment Aislinn realized she may have taken too long to select her weapon. Following him out of the room he brought her upstairs to a vacant bedchamber. Exhausted from the events of the day, Aislinn didn't even bother to undress before she fell on the bed. Soon she was mired in a dreamless sleep.

14. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Aislinn had taken much longer then Airelot in her choice, but that wasn't saying much considering he had picked a few small weapons in moments and left. He had no use for ranged equipment, he would leave that to those who could aim such tools, instead he had grabbed a few lock picking tools, a light club in case he faced any armored foes, a combat chain, and a pair of katars given slight magic properties. He had the dwarf lead him to his chamber quickly so as not to disturb the female elf. Once in his room Airelot made short work of building make shift holders for the katars, wrapping the chain around a loop more practically used for a coin purse, being without much money save for what he needed he had no trouble carrying the chain. The club was easily put in one of his many hidden pockets, as were the lock picks. He sighed and sat at a chair, he didn't sleep, hadn't in several years, instead he folded his legs and went into a light trance ready to snap to attention at the slightest sound.

15. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Aegis let his companions rest for several hours while he rumaged through shelf after shelf of books in his library. Finally he came to the books he was searching for, one was titled 'The history of Eieshar', written long ago by the people of his homeland who aided in his defeat. Two others bore no markings, but Aegis remembered them well, the spell books of the ancient Eieshar. Though his magic was inherently evil, Aegis was certain that through these books he could learn his weaknesses.

"She chose the bow." Came a familiar voice front the doorway. Tregar stood there with a concerned look on his face. "I'm not sure you should allow that weapon to leave the tower."

"Nonsense." Aegis retorted. "She will learn to master it, besides, we will need all the help we can get."

"You're the master of the tower after all." Grumbled the burly old dwarf.

"You are free to leave any time you wish, my dear friend, you know that."

"Bah, ya know I'm here to stay. Now what is it you need me to pack?"

"These three books, and join me in my study when you are done, I may have more." Aegis said in a gentle tone.

Aegis returned to his study where he kept most of his more powerful artifacts. There he made his way through many items, sorting out several of the more powerful ones. He paused briefly as he slipped a large ivory pendant, carved in the likeness of rather feroscious looking hounds, over his neck. "It has been long since we hunted together." He muttered to himself. After nearly an hour of picking through spell books and artifacts Aegis made his way over to the large wooden wardrobe that sat along the wall behind his desk. There he removed a large leatherbound case, slender and nearly as tall as Aegis himself.

As Tregar returned from the stables Aegis motioned for him to pack the case as well. "Going all out are we?" Asked the dwarf.

"We face the greatest foe I have known, my friend. Wake the others when you are done, we should leave soon." Aegis responded. Retrieving several potions from the wardrobe, Aegis closed the door and made his way down to the stables himself.

16. Ender-Zero

Ender-Zero Ruff Mercenary

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    When Jaz and Zept walke dover to the door Zept drew his blade, cutting it off its finges in one swift motion. A man jumped out of the way as the door fell to the ground. Jaz leapt out of the door way and threw a massive spear into three men standing one behind the other while Zept slid under Jaz's legs and sliced a man behind Jaz inhalf, then cut the legs off another man, who inturn screamed until Zept powered up his rings and crushed the mans skull. "God damn that was easy, but my guess is they got plenty more outside, got any suggestions Jaz, cause I don't really feel like killing any other soldiers right now, it'll just get more soldiers after us. We stick out to much to hide in the allies, all I can think of is get into the sewers and hide down there somehow" Zept said as he looked to the tall bruting man he had come to trust.

17. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    The elf woke quickly to an insistent rap on the door. Regaining her bearings, Aislinn remembered that she was a guest in Aegis's castle. Sitting up, she noticed the dwarf stnading in the doorway giving he a disapproving look. Assuming she slept to long, Aislinn immediately jumped out of the bed, returning Tregar's look with an insolent grin. She always appreciated annoying anyone she could get away with.

Aislinn retrieved the few belongings she had with her. Pretty much what she was wearing and her newly aquired bow. Glancing out the window, she noted it was still dark outside. "Aegis must like to start his days rather early." she mused. The elf quickly followed Aegis's servant wordlessly down some stairs ending up outside of the stables. Aegis was already there loading possessions on his horse.

As she watched him, Aislinn remembered she needed things from her own apartment. Namely her sword and a change of clothing. The bow was a magnificent weapon, but useless in close range combat. On the road Aislinn would feel highly uncomfortable without another weapon. With some embarassment she wondered if Aegis would expect her to have her own horse. Mercenary work could be infrequent, the elf never really had the funds to support her own mount.

18. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    While he was busy working to prepair for the journey, Aegis was interrupted by a voice that was in his head, a voice speaking for far away only for his ear.

"Thank you elf, I would not have liked to find your insland by myself, It was a much better idea to have you send me here. Do not be surprised, do you thing any of your puny magic could best my powers? I let you send me here, because now I have a wealth of daemons to use, and soon you shall be mine also."

The voice faded away in insane laughter so Aegis could no longer hear a thing.

Far away on an island where no human had ever stood, the menacing figure of Zaad walked among at least a thousand other daemons, some like monstrous giants, others like creatures of the night, and with a single smile from Zaad's face, they all began to bow to him.

19. DarkElv22-JJ

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The tall man stood there, his muscles tensing. Finally he managed to say, "Aye, i say we run....run like hell." Zept took off, Jaz following close behind. Zept heard Jaz laughing a little as they ran, "What...are....you....laughing at.....Jaz?" Zept managed to muffle in between breaths. The bigger mans face lit up, his ears pulled back as he grinned. "Mate...you might...want to get....lessons....from me....you....run.....like me mums." He burst out laughing. Zept managed a smile and kept running.

Lut stood still, he was looking out of his window that was set neatly near the roof of his house. He had just seen a large man and a strange being wearing glasses murder some of the finest soldiers in town. The 7 year olds eyes became glassy, tears rolled down his pudgy face. He looked at one of the men that had a hole through his torso, "DADDY!!!!"

Jaz heard the boy, and so did Zept....but they couldnt remorse now, they couldnt or they would become weak and be caught. Jaz was taught as a child by his dark father not to have emotions....but Jaz could never obey with the half human in him. Their feet pounded through mud and mush, until they came upon a man hole. Jaz didnt stop, he ran on, "Its too close to the town, someone would surely notice us."

20. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Airelot arrived in Aegis's stables later then the others, sleep walking apparently. He looked over Aegis's mount with eyes more nervous then usual. He'd never been much fond of horses, nor they of him. That's why getting the teleporter had been so good for him, he could cover great distances in seconds as opposed to walking there. He scratched his wrists in anticipation wondering where they were to go next, given the coordinates he could just arrive there and make preparations for the others if need be.

Search tags for this page

eieshar