RPG #3 - The Hunted

Discussion in 'RPG #3 - The Hunted' started by Nienor, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Aegis neared the growing cloud of smoke just behind Aenarion, not a magical cloud, that much he was certain of. Chanting softly as he stretched out his left hand, Aegis blew gently into the thick black cloud. After a few brief seconds the smoke was rolling in the other direction down the street. There, in the center of the street stood the creature, a towering, muscular mass of daemon.

From the corner of his eye he saw Zept, leaping from the building and drawing his sword. A sense of urgency fell over the mage, no one was certain of this being's intentions, yet it seemed everyone was ready to take a stab at him. Aegis preferred to take a more diplomatic approach when confronting such creatures, as they are often misunderstood and tormented.

"Hold!" He cried out at Zept, but it was too late, the young one was rushing in on the creature.

2. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Airelot realised Aegis wanted to start on peaceful terms and ran out to stop Zept, he used every ounce of energy in his body to move with the greatest speed he'd ever gone he then lept knocing Zept out of the air and taking the wind from bot warriors as they hit the gound, Airelot arab-flipped to his feet and looked at Zept, "It isn't wise to strike a demon on it's guard alone."

3. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    As the smoke rolled up around him Zaad turned to the young human who had tried to help him escape from the people.

"No, it is too late, they are too close. You should run, if you are hiding it is not a good idea to be near me. I tend to attract attention wherever I go."

Soon after he had finished speaking the smoke blew away from him, Zaad himself felt no wind, it must be the work of some mage with his hunters. Down the street stood the one who had done it, a blue robed elf, with another elven warrior, an elven woman and an unusual one that was already running towards him, though it seemed that the one running payed no attention to zaad himself. At the last moment he dived beside him, knocking away another who was attacking from above. Zaad merely stepped asie and let them tumble down. It was too late to run now, sooner or later he would have to face hunters, why not now?

Zaad mused on what to do, he looked at his right hand to see it was empty. He had left his collosal mace in the abandoned stables when he had ran without thought. 'You can kill them without effort, what can any of them do againt you? you are the strongest creature that ever walked the earth. Kill them, show them you are not to be hunted KILL THEM'. Zaad was tired at the voice nagging inside his mind, it made him uneasy. He tried his best to ignore its attempts to anger him, and he finally stepped back so he could see all the ones who sought to harm him.

"Leave me be, I will not harm you if you go. Attack and I will regret what I must do. Now go"

Zaad lifted one of his razor sharp claws and adjusted the few pieces of armour he still wore, showing that he did not expect them to leave, but again showing them he was not afraid to fight back. But in reality he was terrified at what would come of the fight, if he had to kill he would spend the rest of his days hunted, he would try his best not to harm them, just to stop them, he let out an awry grin on the left side of his mouth that bared his sharp teeth, which was so akin to a snarl that the attackers would have to think one last time before they began to fight.

4. Ender-Zero

Ender-Zero Ruff Mercenary

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Zept glasses were no where in sight, and everyone could see his eyes now, he looked at Airelot wiht the utmost anger. He then rose and held his hand out as his glasses landed in the hand, it seemed that they had been knocked into the air. Zept quickly put them one and recovered his blade, he quickly chucked it keaving a small cut on Airelot's keft cheek, "Next time you do that i'll take your head" Zept said as he walked by the Elf and pryed his blade out of a wall. The sheathed the blade, it was still smooth and shineing with no scraches.

Zept leaned against a wall and looked to Aenarion, "You want the creature dead as much as I do, I can tell when I look in your eyes" Zept then looked to Aegis, 'The Mage acually wants us to let this thing live? Then why are warriors with him, this makes no sense to me' Zept thought to himself as he kicked a rock in Airelot's direction, it hit the Elf it the head.

5. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Aegis, his patience wearing thin for Zept and his juvenile behavior, stepped forward toward the beast. Powerful indeed was this creature, but not so unlike many such creatures that Aegis had dealt with in the past. As Aegis drew near the daemon, he began another chant and the crystal atop his staff began to glow with a blinding light. He stamped the butt of the staff on the ground and a thirty foot wall of white flame lept from the dirt, forming a great circle around the creature and Aegis, separating them from the others. He continued casting and a dozen images of himself stepped through the wall of flame, formng a circle about the monster.

"You are a mighty one, I see." He said to the daemon as he stepped nearer. Each image of the mage was moving in unison, mirroring the steps of the real Aegis, making it impossible to discern the difference. He noted the startled look on the creatures face, as it looked franticaly from one image to the next, and feared that he might last out in an attempt to escape. "Do not fear me, great one, I mean you no harm." Aegis motioned to the wall of flame surrounding them. "I merely wanted a word alone with you. You are safe from the others inside my magic."

His words seemed to ease the creature a bit and Aegis was relieved to see the snarl leave it's face. "I am Aegis, I have known many of your kin over the years, and I may be able to help you escape this turmoil if that is what your desire. Tell me, what is your name, and what are your intentions here?"

Last edited: Aug 2, 2004
  6. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    As the flames leaps around Zaad he could not help but look at what was happening, smoke blowing away was one thing, white fire was another, the elven mage came forth and tried to talk, but Zaad looked at him in thought.

"Mage, You know none of my kind, for I was alone in my creation. I have seen the demons summoned by your kind. Know this; I am no summoned monster from the abyss, I am bourne of this world like any other, though under different circumstances."

Zaad ran his hand throught the white fire and brought it back to look at, no burn or scratch was there, only a thin whisp of smoke trailing away. Clenching his hand he pointed out one figer and flicked at one of the many mages before him, tearing a little of the elfs cloak. Zaad stared at him, ignoreing the other illusions as if he didnt see them.

"I was made by the pure hand of magic, do you think anything lesser could fool me? or even harm me? I will not harm you if you leave me in peace. I am Zaad, and I wish only to be free of the violence and hate that follows me wherever I go"

For a moment he stood there towering above the elf, eyes wide staring, but suddenly they closed fast, his mouth made a snarl again and his claws were poised to strike. The pain inside his skull returned and the voice inside his head with it. 'This one plans to enslave you, why do you bother to listen to him, what can he possible do? Turn the entire world to see you as a friend, beyond even his powers. He can do nothing to help you, he can only bring harm. He will hound you untill you submit to his wishes, You must kill him while the others are at bay, let his warm blood pour over your hands, feel death at your fingertips once more, become who you should be, become what you were made for, kill them all!!' Zaad strained every part of his beign to begone of that voice, he didnt want to kill ever again, the pain was unbearable inside his own head, he had fought a thousand battles and never was anything as bad as this. Zaad held his right hand high, and slashed at the paved ground between him and the mage, sending a torrent of earth and stone out of the circle on fire. The act quenched the pain slightly, but it still hung on urging him to harm those around him.

7. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Zept looked at to see an arch, he grinned slightly and started up it, He wanted to know what was happening on the circle. Zept signaled for the others to follow but they didn't so he shrugged and when he reached the top looked down at Zaad and Aegis. Aegis could sense this and made the flames higher and then gave them a roof.

A look of anger crossed Zept's face once more as the rings on this hands started to glow and give him power. He punched down with his right hand and sent a peice of stone from the arch falling towards the people in the street. Before it landed Airelot and Aenarion destroyed it so only small pebbles reached the ground. Zept sighed and wiped his forehead before taking a back to the streets, he let himself free fall to the ground and landed crouched then rose slowly, "Thanks" he said nodding to the two Elves.

8. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Aegis quirked an eyebrow at the tirade of the beast before him, quite amusing actually. To see a being so convinced of his superiority. Aegis let the illusions of himself fade and stood before the creature, inspecting the large hole he had created in the street.

"Perhaps I was mistaken when I thought you might be a being capable of rational thought." Aegis said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "I desire not to fool you, and if I wished to harm you, I would have done so by now. There are those in the world who will stop at nothing to hunt you down and see you dead, I am not one of those. But do not think for a moment that your temper tantrums concern me in the least." Aegis took a step back and spoke a word of command. The crystal of his staff again began to glow and it launched a small ball of energy into the ground next to the crater Zaad had left, leaving a large hole.

"Do not presume that you are all powerful!" Aegis continued. "But this is irrelevant, I have no desire to prove myself to you. What I offer you is a chance to be free of the violence and the torment. . . of course there is a task I would request in return." Aegis paused a moment, considering the daemon and his reluctant and stuborn attitude. Shaking his head and shrugging Aegis went on. "Do as you will, I will honor my word and walk away from you now if you wish, but those outside my curtain." Aegis motioned to the wall of flame. "May not be so ready to let you walk free. And you should know that I will oppose any distruction you bring upon the innocent masses."

Last edited: Aug 3, 2004
  9. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Aenarion watched as a wall of fire sprung around the Mage and Daemon. 'What was the mage doing?' he thought to himself. Not much had passed except that the juvenile one let his anger out of control. Wanting to end this quickly he moved foward into the wall of fire, and walked into the circle where the Daemon stood; this being only possible because his dragon armour was immune to fire.

Looking to the Mage he informed him briefly, "It dies now". Turning to the Daemon who now stood defensively, he looked into its eyes, and their eyes met. He saw something that he thought he would never see, a Daemon with a conscience. Leaving his blade in his sheath, he spoke to the Daemon, "Tell me Daemon, you are created by the Gods of Chaos themselves, a Champion Daemon, why do you fight with yourself? I see inside you, you do not wish to bring harm, but another side wishes to do so, what do want?".

10. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    "Not the Chaos gods, not them, something worse, Eiesh......" Zaad let the word trail off in anger and fear, never that name again, never. he glanced down to the centre of his chestplate, where once stood a standard, it was gone now, scractched away by zaads own claws. He tried to stop thinking of that, he had spent a millenia in effot to do it.

"I was created to kill, to destory, to maim and desolate all who stod before me, ten millenia of war and blood at my hands. I do not want it anymore, I do not want to hear the screams as men die from my hand. But I hear the violence call me to fight, I pains me to resist." Zaad now turned to speak to the mage alone. "If you can help me then so be it, tell me what you wished done and I will do it, as long as I am no longer hounded by the masses. But I will not be another mages tool, no more you hear me, not again!..."

As soon as he had finished speaking the voice in his head spoke to him 'fool, this one cannot do anything to help you, he will have you play his game and then cast you away, you were made a tool and a tool you shall be to whoever can tame or fool you, your denial of your power only makes it easier for them to use you'. Zaad ignored the voice, for the first time he was offered a chance of peace, and he would let no blood lust avoid it.

11. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Aegis nodded his agreement to Zaad's proposal. "Good, be assured that I mean for you to do no harm to anyone." Aegis stood in contemplation for a moment, thinking of the agreements he had made with the others. Payment for their services, though it was brief, and perhaps unnecessary, was the proper thing to do. "Give me a moment, there are two who must travel with us."

Aegis turned and created a small opening in the wall of flame. He stepped through onto the street and motioned for his companions to enter. "Do not raise a hand against him, he means you no harm." He instructed his companions. The elven woman was the first to enter the ring, the young elven man the second. As Zept approached, Aegis raised a hand to him. "You have created more problems than you know, young one. You travels with me are at an end." Aegis stepped back through the opening and allowed the flames to rush back into place, separating Zept from the group.

Once inside the ring Aegis scribed several arcane runes in the loose dirt on the street with the end of his staff, forming a small circle the companions could stand in. He turned his gaze to take in the two elves he had hired a short time ago. "We travel to my study in the tower. The two of you will recieve your payment upon our arrival and you will be dismissed upon request." He looked next to Zaad. "There you and I will discuss our agreement in more detail. Hopefully you will find peace away from the masses in the city." Last Aegis looked to Aenarion. "You are welcome to come as well, my old friend. But understand that there will be no hostility inside my sanctuary. There are many guardians in place who will see to that fact."

Aegis stepped into the circle, with Zaad and the younger two elves beside him. He gave one last look to Aenarion, before he began casting his teleportation spell.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2004
  12. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Zept's face became angrier then ever, the ground started to shake below him, "Big mistake Mage" he said as his rings gave him unnatural strength. Zept created a hole in the street below him, he then leapt down it. He raised Mealstorm and jumped up, thrust and spun cutting a circle in the ground above him. He then moved as the rock hit the ground and he leapt up the hole to see the group, he stared at Aegis and raised his blade, "You traitor, coward, deserter!" Zept then looked to the others. Airelot had Fallen Moon out and Aenarion drew his blde as well. Zept screamed a cry of rage and threw his glasses to the ground, he envoked the power of his rings and his blade, "I will slay you now or later Mage, just watch, once these three and the demon are gone, then you will be mine!" Zept said as he pointed his sword at the Mage.

13. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Aenarion let a rare anger flash inside him, turning to the man named Zept he drew his blade. "Fool! you persist in being an idiot when ou must be serious,a nd you persist in raising your anger and bringing violence when none is needed. You foolishness ends here". Turning to Aegis he spoke to him quickly, "Go now I will occupy him". Turning back Zept he grabbed the man and jumped through the fire, singing the man's clothes slightly.

"Child" he said speaking to the man who was countless of years younger than him, "You wish to challenge me, come I shall teach you a lesson. Fight fifteen thousand yers f battle experience, and fifteen thousand years of wisdom". With that he drew his blade; the Sword of Khaine. "None have survived his blade, not even Gashakad, the greatest Champion of the Chaos Gods" he told the young fool, he would not kill this man, merelyteach him a lesson, and how to keep his temper.

14. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    "I wish not to challenge you Aenarion, I wish to slay the mage Zept said as he looked into the Elf's eyes, "You don't like him much either do you?" Zept then looked at Aenarion and walked away, he could not beat the Elf, not yet, he had not the powers to do so.

Zept wondered for what seemed like years to him, he did not know where he was going or what to do, he was abonded, maybe some where he could find someone to join and take his revenge on the Mahe, Aegis...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2004
  15. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    As Zept walked away from him, Aenarion smiled, he learns slow, but he learns. Before Zept was out of earshot he gave him some wise words, "Respect is what must be earned from Aegis, and he will return, now you are much too hot tempered, and act out of turn, keep you emotions in check and you may prove to be stonger than you think". With that he whistled a hight pitch, and Malhandir came.

Walking to where Aegis casted his spell of Transportation, he took Malhandir to sense where the magic took him; the horse truly was priceless with so many talents. When Malhandir got the 'scent' of the spell. He mounted him, and the horse made his way to Aegis' Tower at a slow pace.

16. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    A moment after Aegis concluded his spell casting the group was standing inside his study. A spacious room near the top of the tower. A large desk set at the far end of the chamber, and the walls were lined with tall book shelves. Aegis made his way across the room and through a large set of wooden doors, leading to a large dining room. He motioned for the others to follow him. "Please do not leave this room un announced. There are a thousand years of spells and magical guardians protecting this tower, they may not distinguish you from an enemy."

As Aegis finished speaking a pair of withered old Dwarves entered the dining room through the door at the other end. "You will gave guests tonight for dinner?" One of the Dwarves asked.

"Yes Tregar, see to it that we have a fine meal set before us." Aegis looked to Zaad, a towering mass of muscle. "You had better make it a large meal." He added with a smile. "And Tregar, there will be another joining us from the city soon, one of my kin, on a mighty stallion. Please see him safely to us when he arrives."

Aegis motioned to the large table in the center of the room, set with huge sturdy chairs, hopefully even sturdy enough for the daemon. Several pitchers sat upon the table; wine, water, and cider, along with many large goblets. "Please, be at your ease." He said to the group. "You may rest easy inside the tower. It would take a thousand wizards, and an army of demons to enter my sanctuary."

17. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Airelot felt that soothing calm wash over him again, his breath was easy here, but this wasn't the calm from before, he felt comfortable as well, he liked this feeling but knew it wouldn't last, he would return to his constant sence of nervousness as always, he sighed, may as well enjoy it for now...

18. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Zept walked into an inn and baracaded himself in a room he hadn't payed for. He sat crossed legged on the foor eyes closed, he was thinking about what Aenarion had said to him, he was a wise ELf, and powerful. Zpet then began to look inside himself, and concentrate on controlling his emotions and impulses. He looked deep and hummed, he would change from how reackless he was to more put together, he had to gain control of himself or he would never find the other and get what he wanted. Zept meditated for many hours, pondering everything in his life and everyhing he did, soon he realised something and had gained conrol over mist of his anger and frustration, he would continue to try and control, or supress his emotions until he did one or the other.

19. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Zaad felt uneasy when they were teleported, spells usually never worked on him unless he let them, he had been made in the mage wars to fight enemies who weilded magic that could burn a city to cinders. But he trusted this elven mage now, and so he let the magic carry him to the new place.

He followed the mage across the room and through a small set of doors, ducking slightly to get his head under, neglecting his one sharp horn that scratched a gash in the lintel. He sat down beside the table wihtout bothering to test the chairs for his weight, he did not think the fine furniture needed breaking. Slowly he took off some of the smaller pieces of armour he still wore, metla bracers that were as big as curved shields and his helmet which would make any man who wore it look like a baby. He took one pitcher from the table, which held water and drank deeply before placing it down by his side. The elven mage muttered assurances about the safety of the tower, but Zaad knew all too well there were some enemies who were more powerful than a million wizards, and he had been created by one, the most powerful mage that ever lived. Zaad did not for one moment consider if he werent dead, that would be too horrible to imagine. He quickly snapped out of his musings when he smelled hot food being brought up the hall.

20. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    As the small group sat around the table feasting on roasted lanb, rolls, and corn Aegis noted that tensions seemed to ease a bit, especially in Airelot. Aegis wound have to be sure to be sure and aid this one in whatever troubles he was having. Indeed he seemed like a noble young elf, reminiscent of the warriors from Aegis' homeland. Perhaps one day he would evolve into such a warrior.

Taking note of the vast amounts of food Zaad was consuming Aegis motioned to his dwarven companion as he was shuffling out of the room. "Do bring us another helping of lamb, good Tregar." The dwarf nodded his consent and Aegis asked. "Is there any word yet from our late arrival?"

"I go now to the gate to await him, Aegis." The old dwarf replied, and he was on his way.

Search tags for this page

eieshar