RPG #3 - The Hunted

Discussion in 'RPG #3 - The Hunted' started by Nienor, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Aislinn remained quiet for awhile, recovering from the shock of actually seeing a monster. She had grown up hearing about mythological beasts, but never truly expected to see one. She had never even heard of one that looked like that. Slowly recovering from shock she finally noticed the blue-robed elf who was holding her. He looked familiar, she studied him for a moment trying to place where she had seen the elf before.

She paid little attention to the two men he was speaking with. Neither one seemed of particular importance to her. Indeed neither even noticed her presence. While the elf spoke to them, several of the men's objects turned blue; obvious evidence of magic. She was slightly taken aback, majority of the mages she had met wore pure white robes, as a symbol to use their magic only for good. She had even met a select few who wore black robes. If pressed for the truth, Aislinn would have to admit she worked for one briefly.

While she watched, the mage offered mercenary work to both the men. Somewhat angered by his patronizing attitude, she thought he was ignoring her because she was female. As the two men strode away with the elven mage, she called to him quietly, "My lord. I may be able to offer much better service than they ever could." Waiting until the men were out of earshot she added, "Elven mercenaries are so much quieter and neater about their work. And I know who you are, Mage Aegis."

2. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    "We will discuss your item in due time" Aegis said to Airelot as he waved a dismissive hand. Turning to ragard the woman he couldn't help but to smile a bit at her comments. Indeed an elf traveling in the right company might have heard of the exploits of a rouge elven mage. Those stories were lost to the short memories of the humans. Then again, she might have merely overheard Aegis' conversation with the other two. Either way Aegis had to admit that this woman might bring about a new perspective in his hunt for the demon. She appeared light footed, and skilled women could find ways around obstacles that a man could not.

"And what grand gesture is it that you would have in return for your services good lady?" He asked wryly while casting a sharp glance at his two male companions."

3. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Aenarion rode Malhandir hard for many days, keeping a quick pace as trees streaked passed him, as the horse hooves cut up the rich earth as they rode through the forests of his homeland. HIs horse was strong and they had only rested five times over the last five days, and they soon found themselves in a totally different forest ot that of his homelands. Having passed out of his homleands the land drastically changed, no longer was the land wild an dfree, but neatly kept and much of it cultivated. He saw humans in their farms, and children runnig around trying to help. As this happened the feeling inside him grew and he drew nearer to what he had not seen or faced in Fifteen thousand years.

Soon Aenarion found himself approaching a town that was built alongside a riverbank. He was drawn with much feeling towards the town, and knew that the Daemon resided there. Terrible it must be if the creature roams free and many cannot defedn themselves. Standing on the edge of a knoll, his horse sped down towards the town. Upon entereing the town immediately he attracted a lot of attention, his armour and horse and all his belongings spoke of great craftmanship and wealth. Yet over the many years he lived he grew accustomed to human's looking at him for many had not seen such what they termed wealth. He moved through the town at a slow space as many of the townsfolk moved out of his way. He looked further up ahead, and his eyes being keener due to his elven heritage saw that he needed to head towards a run down part of the town. Slowly he made his way there,a nd each step made the feeling inside him grow. He knew where the Daemon was and the feeling was only needed for starting direction, so he let it subside as he moved along to the other side of the town.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2004
  4. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    They had been sitting in the desolate stables for some time now without a word between them, Zaad and the young one. He could not tell if she was too scared to talk to him or whether she was thinking to herself in privacy. He had only been awake in this new world for less than a day, so he did not know if this one could be trusted.

'......Kill her.....'. A voice said inside his head 'She'll bring others to hunt you again, if you dont kill her now you will never find your peace' The last word was uttered mockingly by the voice, tempting him to ask himself if he could ever find harmony with the people. The voice felt like part of him, the part he had shunned long ago, the wariror inside him. He had given up the life of the warrior, the general, the mercenary. He was no longer a war machine to be used by a master, he was free of that role as soon as his creator was destroyed in the Age of Chaos, He would listen to his blood lust no more. 'KILL HER NOW' It echoes inside his skull bringing a sharp pain to his eyes, his muscles clenched and his claws gleamed in the light from the rafters. 'I will kill no more' Zaad thought to himself.

Through all his inner turmoil he looked up to see the young human was staring at him again, wide eyed with fear. It was then that Zaad realised his sharp teeth were snarling and his claws were poised to strike. He quickly relaxed again and tried to hope he would see it as nothing, he had been agruing iside himself after all. Suddenly the pain returned and the voice with it. 'Others, Coming soon, Slayer, Mage and Warriors, run like the fool you choose to be, or kill them like the glorious warrior you were.'

5. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Airelot felt a chill run down his spine as the device seemed to bite into his leg, he carefully made sure he made no gesture of this save for his hand trying to sooth the pain, the device began to vibrate wildly, and it took all of his strength to keep this fact hidden, his breaths became harder to draw, the pain in his leg increased, he rubbed the painful area again, his hand involuntarily began to clench and unclench, his fingers began to dig into his leg, then a vision, a blur of red, bodys surrounded him, mutilated and horrid, then he was back in reality, he let out a silent sigh, he hadn't drawn any attention to himself.

6. doleniel

doleniel Elven High Priestess

surrounded by idiots with no hope of escape
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Rin sat in the old stable, absorbed in her thoughts. The creature seemed to have no intention of harming her. He was hiding himself, so he claimed. But from what? He was enough to frighten most, and those who were not frighted would surely be killed in a fight. What would a thing such as he have to hide from? Maybe he was planning an ambush on an enemy. Yes, that had to be it. He could not possibly have any reason to be hiding for his own protection.

Suddenly, she was interrupted in her thoughts by a noise. She looked up, and saw him snarling, his teeth bared and claws ready, as if for a fight. Her eyes widened in terror, thinking that she was in danger after all, but then the beast looked up. With an obvoius effort, he composed his fearsome features and looked away. He clearly does not want me to fear him. But why? I must investigate further. He could be a valuable ally in escaping my father But once again, her thoughts were inturrepted. The thing had bolted up, and was was looking frantically around, as if trying to find something. If she was going to find more out, her only choice was to follow him.

7. Ender-Zero

Ender-Zero Ruff Mercenary

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Zept wistled, and while doing so something inside of him told him to look at Airelot. He looked at the elf's leg, he was clenching it and his breath had picked up. Zept payed no attention to it and just looked ahead of him again, if the elf died it just meant he'd have more attention for himself, then he could find out his true past, where he was from and what he was.

He then looked over at the women who had joined them, he looked her up and down, he did this often to women, after all he was twenty-one years old. He then looked at the Mage, their leader, 'Mage's wear black or white, not blue. Blue meant something, but it's not as stramge as those red robed Mage's I saw, what was it again? Blood Mage's, believers in death magic and such' Zept thought to himself as he reached for a pouch at his side, he wanted to make sure he hadn't lost it in his battle earlier, it was still at his side. It was the on;y proof he had that he hadn't killed all those people.

8. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Zaad rose to his feet and looked around, the pain and the inner voice were one now, they were a dull nagging in his head telling him others were coming, after a while the feeling got stronger, they were getting closer. Soon he could almost tell which direction they were in. He turned to the human who was there with him and he let his booming voice speak again like grinding stone.

"I must go. There are people coming for me, I must escape. You should stay here, I am too dangerous to be around."

He turned his head to where he thought the others were coming from and walked in the other direction to the stable wall. With a quick bat of his hand like a human would bat away a fly, splinters were flying across the room and the wall was no longer an obstacle. He looked out, it was the early afternoon and there would be more people around, he slid through the back alleys with difficulty, more than once he accidentally slashed a wound in a building with the spines from his elbow. He never looked back, only ran as fast as he could in these narrow alleys away from the approaching hunters. He would not be caught, he would be no ones slave no more, if they found him he would....'kill them like ants' the voice had retutned to haunt him. If they found him he would run faster, away from them or anyone of danger, he would not kill again, not unless he was to be killed first. 'Fool! You'll run forever like a coward, you can hide from them but you cant hide from what you are'. The voice gained ground on his thoughts with every stepp he took, he tried as hard as he could to ignore it, he did not want blood on his hands anymore.

Zaad looked up from his thoughts to find he was in the middle of a street with many people there, stalls and shops were everywhere and buildings stood tall around him again, he had run away from the river back a little way into the city, the voice in his head had made him ignorant to his surroundings, somehow it seemed that it wanted him to be found, to force him to fight. Looking around, Zaad saw the street was silent, all eyes were on him again, he had not moved since h bounded into the road, he turned to look at those around him and they screamed. Not again!, was all that went through his mind ans armed men slowly made their way towards him through the throngs of people running in the opposite direction.

9. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    As he rode through the street, Aenarion suddenly fwlt his feeling spring up again, the creature had moved. 'He must not get away' he thought to himself. Malhandir immediately picked up his pace and headed further up the road with a speed that most horses without armour could not match. He heard a scream, it was faint even to his sharp ears, but still he heard it, as he made his way along the path he saw three men and a woman standing on the road. His mount stopped in front of them, before they were run over. Malhandir's shifted slightly, magic was at hand. Malhandir was sensitive to the presence of magic that was in the world, and Aenarion sensed his horse's feeling.

He sprung off his horse lightly and faced the group, who had now turned and looked at him. He noticed that the woman was an elf and that the mage wearing a blue robe was nearly as old as he was. Lookign into the mage's eyes he immediately knew the man, for he had known him many an age ago. Walking towards the mage he looked directly at him, disconcerting the others, "Lore Master Aegis. We meet again".

10. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Airelot looked at this new warrior, he senced the ancient might of this being, the nervous feeling returned ten fold, he had to force his hands to stay down away from Falling Moon, never would it go to the sword unless he forced it, any signs of hostility would be bad, he wasn't under any circumstances a match for this ancient elf.

11. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Zept felt something in the air, a change of mood within the group, a more tense and angry mood. Zept stepped back two paces and put his hands behind his head, his right hand went to the hilt of Maelstorm, his curved great sword. The rings on his fingers began to faintly glow red, but no one could see thi, for they were all infront of him and his hands behind him. Zept broke then tension, "Let's get going, anhd if you guys arn't ready soon i'm going for a walk, my legs are getting stiff" Zept was trying to lighten the mood, it seemed to work well enough, for now.

12. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Aegis cast a disgruntled glance at Zept, 'if the young one remains so impatient I may loose interest in his companionship', he mused to himself. Turning back to the newcomer Aegis was surprised to find a face he knew well from his past. A warrior from his homeland, though he wasn't sure how pleasant their reunion would be, many in the elven homeland still held ill feelings toward the renegade mage.

"Welcome Aenarion, it is good to see that the centuries have been kind to you." Faint cries from several strrets over brought the mage's attention back to the task at hand. The sensations emmited from the demon were getting stronger, as were the shouts and screams. No doubt the creature had once again shown himself. "Tell me Aenarion, how keep are your tracking skills after all these centuries?" A look of understanding crossed over his kinsmans face at the mention of tracking. Not the typical tracking one learns while hunting game, but those skills learned by hunters of a different nature. "Let us relive our past at a later time, I believe our paths are leading us to the same goal."

Motioning for Aenarion to lead the group down the street, Aegis added. "After you."

13. doleniel

doleniel Elven High Priestess

surrounded by idiots with no hope of escape
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Rin, determined not to lose the creature, stayed a moment in the stable and then pulled her hood up and, jogging, followed his trail of inadvertant destruction. Still keeping an eye out for her father's guards, she watched and listened for more signs of the creature. Soon, the sound of screams reached her ears. She rounded a corner, and there was the beast, in the middle of a swiftly thinning crowd of people. Hiding herself in the shadows, she quickly surveyed the scene to see what was going on, and saw that there was no blood in evidence. Not an attack, then. simply people fearing what they do not know. As the people disappeared, it became obvious that the beast was under attack and, malevolent or not, he would have the blood of men on his hands and be labeled as evil. Rin pulled a clay orb with a short black powder-coated string sticking out of it and a sulfer match out of her small pack. She struck the match against a building, lit the string, and threw it out into the street. Almost immediately, the orb began to emit a think black smoke, creating a screen between the city guards and the creature.

"Hist" she called to catch the creatures attention. Then she spoke, careful not to raise her voice too loudly. "If you are trying to get away from these people, you are going about it the wrong way. From your poor choice of alleys, I would say that I know this city far better than you. I can get you out of here, if you wish. But quickly, before the smoke fades."

14. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    "Finaly some action" Zept mummbled to himself, he knew the elves could hear him but he didn't care much. He then started walking beside Airelot, the Elf was very tense. Zept started to hum a tune, it seemed to be calming Airelot down as he seemed to sigh in relief and stopped shaking. Zept looked to the Elf's leg and noticed it was not vibrating anymore, 'Good' Zept thought to himself as he released his hand from the hilt of his blade, 'he's calm, for now atleast. Maybe he'll be able to help, the Mage doesn't seem to want to much' Zept was once again thinking to himself, but he couldn't help but feel someone knew what he was thinking.

15. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Airelot's hand went to the lower part of Falling Moon, ready to draw it in a sweeping motion, he was trained to use this weapon with the greatest ease, it was second nature to him, he wasn't as powerful as this Aenarion, but he was efficient in what he did, and he was the only person he'd ever met remembered or not who could use this odd tool to the extent that he could.

16. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Zept eyed Airelot's hand and then looked to his own fists, his rings were glowing brightly, he'd have to be prepared if their was a battle. Zept hummed again, and for a longer time. He then put his hands behind his head again and put his right hand on the hilt of Maelstorm, Airelot was seemingly ready to pull out his blade, Zept wouldn't allow any killing of team mates unless he was doing it.

17. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    "Well well, it seems that you remember. Indeed you are still as perceptive as before Master Mage" Aenarion said to him. Still ignoring the other group members he spred a breif glance to the impatient one who began humming. Walking overto Malhandir he lightly stroked the beast's head, and then stepping back the mount sprang away. Seeing the puzzlement on the others faces he informed them, "Malhandir will divert it, come we must go the beast is quick" but then added, "Aegis, I hope your companion here can fend for themselves. This one has the potential to gorw stronger thean Gashakad himself" he said looking to thw two male warriors and especially the female elf. Letting his feeling take him he began walking as he waited for the others to start following before pucking up pace, "Please keep up".

18. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Zept was running beside Aenarion now, he glanced over at the Elf who looked at him in a very serious face, Zept just put on a cheesey smile and looked infront of him, a nice big house. Zept stopped and examined the house, "I'll meet you guys at the monster, i'll attack it from above" Zept then leapt and climbed up the house. He would attach himself to what ever he could then launch himself at something else he could get a grip on. The house's were bunched together very well so once Zept reached the top he could jump from the top of one house to the top of another. He then looked down to see the group ahead of him, they were nearing the Demon, Zept was right behind them. Being so high up would give him an advantage on the Demon, unless it could fly.

19. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Airelot readied Falling Moon so that while it wasn't in front of him it would defend easily should he need it to. He then looked at his device, it began to hum and whir again, then quieted down. It seemed to know what was happening, and that any undue noise could get them all killed. He looked back at the others so he wouldn't be left behind.

20. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    So far only the two younger men ran, the Mage did not look likr the physically fit type, but he was sure that he had other ways of travelling. Aenrion saw the impatient one flash him a smile and then jump up on one of the buildings, runnning form roof to roof. 'Him attacking a Daemon from above did not give much advantage' he thought to himself remembering past experience. Looking ahead he saw the Daemon. Looking ahead again, he saw a small figure in the shadows. The Daemon seemed to just stare at the figure, most odd he thought to himself.

He wsa qucikly nearing the Daemon, each step taking him closer, picking up speed he left behind the young man who was still running by foot. Yet not sooner than her had gone twenty paces closer, a smoke quickly screened the Daemon and the figure. Straining to see ahead, even his eyes could not penetrate the thick smoke, slowing down back to his original speed, he called out to the man on the roof, "What has happened? Can you see the Daemon?"

Search tags for this page

eieshar