RPG #3 - The Hunted

Discussion in 'RPG #3 - The Hunted' started by Nienor, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Aegis had concluded his preparations for transporting the group back to the mainland as Airelot arrived with his lost companions. A thin coating of florescant dust covered the ground in a small area around the mage. Aegis motioned impatiently for his companions to step into the circle, and grudgingly, he even included Zept. As they settled into the small circle, Aegis dismissed his hunting hounds, and began chanting. Slowly the dust began to rise from the ground and shift dramaticaly in color as it rose. About two feet over their heads the dust began shimmering and drifting back down to the earth like bubbles from a bath, so thick that it obscured the view of all those within the circle. When the dust cleared the group stood once more in the stable yard outside of Aegis' tower.

"I have removed the enchantments upon the stable, you may rest here as long as you need. I will have Tregar bring you food and drink and anything else you may require." Aegis said to the group. His attention though was focused on the view through the gates of the tower grounds. From where he stood it seemed that the tower might be the only thing left in the city that was not touched by the hand of some foul demon. He turned back to his companions. "Please forgive me for not bringing you back into the tower proper. The wards have changed due to the violence in the area, and none of you would be safe inside. The guardians are active as well, I can feel them."

As if Aegis' words were a summons, the shadows at the base of the tower began to writhe and shift, twisting in turmoil. "They sense the dangers about, you will be safe here however, they will not enter the stable unbidden."

Turning on his heel Aegis strode into the main doors of the waiting tower and vanished into the darjness.

2. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Aislinn's eyebrows rose at the mention of guardians. What kind of creatures did Aegis employ to keep his castle safe, she wondered. While she had taken on risky assignments before in return for profit, this one was worse than she had anticipated. Generally risk meant cladestine operations to retrieve stolen items or to steal important items. A handful of times it had meant assasination of a man. Men only, Aislinn would not willingly slay another elf. Once it even meant riding next to a Lord in war. But never had it meant being nearly slain by a power hungry daemon!!

The elf was about to open her mouth to ask Aegis how much more he expected of her, when the mage disappeared back inside his castle. Utterly drained by the days events, Aislinn turned and went inside the stables. Briefly looking around to see which members of the party had survived to return.

3. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Airelot followed Ailsinn into the stables and then spread what weapons he had lift along the ground, his falchion, the sword he'd gotten from Aegis, and the chain from the armory. Now all he had to do was make sure these kept him alive long enpugh to slay that Eieshar

4. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Aegis made his way to the top of his tower, an area so secluded, and so sinister that even the servants dared not come near. This was his laboratory, though he spent much time in his study below, much of his research and experimentation was done here in the top of the tower. Through the many skylights lining the ceiling one could see slight distortions in the air, these marked the wards and spells put in place to keep others away. In the center of the large room was a triple circle of runes etched into the rough stone floor. Perhaps the most powerful containment circle the world had ever known, was created by the Blue Robed mage for his summoning of dangerous and evil creatures from the lower planes of exsistence.

Lighting several lamps, Aegis prepared the necessary components for his summoning and took a seat in a well cushioned chair neaxt to the circle. The staff of Eieshar laid across his lap, Aegis began chanting, the recital of the spell took nearly ten minutes, each inflection, each sylibol had to be perfect, and as always with the well learned mage, they were. A burst of light appeared briefly in the center of the containment circle and when it faded the mysty form of an ancient mage stood before Aegis.

"Welcome, great one. I'm glad that you could join me." Aegis spoke in respectful tones to the spirit within.

"You fool! I'll destroy you!" Roared the specter.

"Come now, Eieshar, you don't think that I allowed your presense in my sanctuary for that now do you?" Aegis said in a slightly mocking tone. "Oh, you still haven't figured it out have you? I must say that I am a bit disapointed in one who is said to be among the greatest of all mages to have walked this earth. Now, now, don't look at me that way, surely you can reason it out on your own. Do you think it mere coincidense that you minion happened to end up with you staff?" Aegis patted the clawed staff still laying across his legs. "I suppose me sending you to a remote island full of demons was just a lucky break on your part, eh?"

Aegis sat back in his chair looking thoughtful and watching the smoking form of the mighty mage floating before him, a look of outrage painted on his face. "You did prove to be quite resourseful, I have to admit."

5. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    "Alterior motives do not impress me, nor do I tolerate them"

The echoing voice of Eieshar resonated within the stone walls. A sound like shattering ice. Within the invisible walls of the holding spells the thin mist like form grew darker.

"I have lived long enough to be taken prisoner more than once, This is only a mere inconvenience."

The darkened form of Eieshar remained still, but his voice returned this time deep and dark, a sound like the icy grip of death itself, Slow ancient words in languages forgotten to all but few. As the echoes filled the room thick as smoke the place where the ancient mage was held began to glow. With a flash the runes etched into the stone of the floor rumbled and suddenly parts of them dissolved away into sand, which flowwed and filled where there already were runes. Slowly the entire circle of runes reformed into an entirely new set and the light around the mage deepened. At a snails pace the light spread in a ripple, rewriting the ancient lettering on the floor.

"There is only one power that limits me in this world, time, whcih is all you have untill I am free. Run or be destroyed like the countless who faced me before you."

6. PenguinofDeath

PenguinofDeath The name says it all.

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Botanicus shudders, slightly, and the tremours on the earth threaten to topple the tower. He calms himself, and looks for the others- they are in the stables, yet he has a strange desire to go and talk with the mage, Aegis. He enters the tower and makes his way upwards.

7. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Airelot snapped to attention as Eieshar's power errupted outwards, "What the hel are we fighting?" he asked himself as he gathered his weapons and stepped outside not waiting to see Ailsinn's reaction.

8. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Tregar stood at the top of the stairs leading up from the main entrance of the tower. The entire structure was alive with magical energy that made his ancient Dwarven bones feel even more weary. Never in all his years of service had he seen so much activity in the city, or in the tower. Every square inch of stone seemed to be crawling with some type of magical ward.

He saw a form appear in the doorway, a Dryad he assumed from it's appearance. As the creature crossed the threshhold Tregar could see several of the guardians come to life and step in front of the Dryad. Tregar hadn't heard of a hostile Dryad before, but this creature was a stranger to the guardians and would be removed.

As two hulking shapes moved from the shadows they came into veiw of the Dryad. Nearly nine feet tall, with arms the size of a grown man's chest. The Golems had no distinguishable facial features and their movements were deliberate and efficient. Each Golem took one of the Dryads arms in it's crushing grip and continued back toward the entrance of the tower where they hurlded Botanicus out into the courtyard.

Aegis watched with a smug look on his face as Eieshar fought against the containment circle. Indeed the ancient mage was strong, and Aegis had no doubt that the circle alone would not hold him. The guardians set in this part of the tower came alive as well, sensing the wavering magical energy from the circle. More than a dozen Golems emerged from the alcoves along the walls and advanced to within a few paces of the circle. Aegis didn't consider that they would be of much use against Eieshar in his spectral form, but some of the other guardians certainly would. As the intense magical light around Eieshar grew, the shadows along the cieling began to shift and take shape. Slowly they converged upon the ancient mage, drowning out the light to a mere shimmer. As the closed in wispy black tentacles emerged from the otherwise shapeless shadows, twining their way around the spectral form withing the circle and binding him as stell straps would a mortal man.

Aegis rose from his chair and dismissed the force of the containment circle with a single word of command. He walked in a slow circle around the bound form of Eieshar noting the manner in wich he struggled and the fury written on his face. "Run?" Aegis asked the bound mage. "Like those who faced you before me?" Aegis chuckled softly. "For one as powerful as you think yourself to be you have a very limited concept of what goes on around you. My alterior motives are the only motives that are relevant at this time, to you as well as to me."

Aegis stepped in front of Eieshar, shaking his head in disgust. "Perhaps I have overestimated you after all, great one. Oh, very well, I suppose I will have to explain things to you since you are apparently incapable of seeing beyond your rage. You, Eieshar, are one of the most powerful mages to ever walk this plane of existence, but more importantly, to me, is that you hold a wealth of knowledge that has been forgotten by even the most ancient of mages today. I on the other hand, may not be as strong as you are, but I control a much broader selection of sources for my magic. Think of it, your power and ancient wisdom, coupled with the ability to control all manner of magical energies. Necromancy, Elementals, Light and Dark powers, Druidic Magic, as well as Phsionic powers."

Aegis stepped back to his chair and retrieved his, or rather Eieshar's staff. "Perhaps I should not consider you a willing participant. It makes no difference in the end." Aegis held the clawed staff at arms length and began reciting the ancient script written along it's length, the same words that Zaad spoke not so long ago in the dining hall below. "The Power is in your hand, the power is in your fist, the power is yours to take."

9. Ender-Zero

Ender-Zero Ruff Mercenary

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Zept drew his giant blade, which seemed to have grown to ten feet long now, and ran over beside Airelot, "What's going on, I just felt something but i'm not sure what it was" he said confused.

10. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Aenarion's stood his ground, as the ground around him rumbled. He knew this came from Eishar...but why was he here? Picking up Sunfang, he looked at the Ancient blade. "One more time my friend" he said to it, "One more time..." and with that took the last of the small elixir he had, for this he would need all the strength he had. Walking out of the room where they were sitting, he came out to find to Golem's in the hallway, facing him. Powerful creatures they were, highly resistant to magic. No matter, they are slow, and Sunfang has yet not lost to them; the sword glowed with agreement and defiance for the creatures. Running at them, he knew something was at hand.

11. PenguinofDeath

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Botanicus looks around "Something has shifted...the fruit was rotten to begin with, but now it has dropped from the tree..." He glances up, following Aenarion inside "So we're smashing these things? Should be simple enough, this is my territory now..."

12. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Airelot now ran in after Aenarion and Botannicus, drawing his falchion. He kept up with the other two just waiting until they got close enough to smash into the automations.

13. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    "A willing participant" The words echoed in the air, a slight tinge of bitterness in them.

"I hold an Age of memories, an age of tearing power from those weaker, an age of unlimited woe for my enemies. And now you wish for it too. This is not an singular occurance, it has happened before, and i have overcome it."

The spectral form of Eieshar stretched outward within his holding of shadowy tentacles.

"But" This time the echo drowned every other sound.

"Never have I been slain and robbed of my staff, and left weakened this far. So be it, All I want is this world that once was mine, if you must gain your own power in the process then it must be, perhaps aid from another mage who has powers undrempt of by this age will make it much easier. A deal will be made, I will share my knowledge, you shall share your powers and we, we shall share this world."

14. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Zept matched Airelot stride for stride, his massive blade lsung over his shoulder, "Something is changing, and something is happening, but what i'm not exactly sure of" Zept said to the elf beside him. He soon started to flap his wings here and there to propel himself ahead of the Elf who he was journeying with.

15. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    With a thought Aegis dismissed the guardians who had been holding Eieshar's spectral form. A smile crossed his lips and the free spirit moved closed and grasped the staff near Aegis' hand. The room seemed to spin and Aegis was aware of the sturdy walls of the tower shuddering with the magical energy. The guardians who had been standing near backed off into the shadows, awaiting their master's orders. Aegis vision filled with colored spots and Eieshar stepped closer, seemingly on top of the blue robed mage.

Then it was done, Aegis couldn't quite make out his own memories anymore, they seemed mingled with others. He felt another presence inside his head, like he could have in depth conversations with himself. Then he heard laughter, strange, deep throated laughter. He realized that he did not hear the noise with his ears, but rather felt it inside his head. Hello my friend. He said to Eieshar's presence within him, it's time you and I got started.

The tower spoke to Aegis as if it were another sentient being. It was no voice that could be heard by any other but the towers master, but it was there none the less. "Very impressive." Remarked the voice in his head. Aegis smiled slightly, before giving the tower orders to repel those who sought to enter it from below.

In the courtyard of the massive, arcane spire waves of flames rose from the base of the tower and spread in all direction. Countless bolts of lightning sizzled from the sky, striking those who charged in vain on the tower.

16. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Still standing in the barn, Aislinn was slightly dazed by all the events of the day. In the tower that Aegis had told them not to enter, Aislinn heard a large explosion. She was about to run towards the tower, when Airelot rushed past her to enter. Aislinn immediately turned to follow him, but it was always difficult to keep up with a taller male elf's stride.

The elf attempted to follow as closely as possible. To her suprise, most of their commerades made it back from the island. She saw Aenarion, Zept and Botanicus all fighting a dryad like creature. Aislinn was incredibly surprised to see Botanicus. She thought the dryad had morphed back into a tree. After all she had seen that happen with her own eyes and had bade the dryad farewell. The situation was too dire for the elf to remain in shock for long.

Noticing that everyone was fighting the guardian. Aislinn rolled on the ground underneath the monstrosities. She was determined to reach the castle! Running forwards past all the turmoil, she barely avoided being struck by a lightening bolt. Reaching the doorway to the keep, Aislinn noticed an incandescent glimmer to the door. The elf stared at it quizzically for a moment, assuming it was some sort of magical field. Tenatively, Aislinn reached her sword out toward the door and touched it lightly with the sword. Unfortunately, she was instantly thrown back by the force of the magic.

17. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Airelot grinned as the golem drew near, this look was cut short as a bolt of lightning landed dangerously near him, he shrugged it off and charged the beastly thing and slashed at it's knee, then was knocked away by the flat of it's massive sword.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  18. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Zept joined in with Airelot, he used his wings to propell himself in, then He came down with his massive blade and slashed straight into the stomache area of the golem, Zept then propelled himself back azoiding on of the beats massive fists, as its fist hit the ground it chreated a small ripple with sent Zept back further away from the beast. Zept grabbed his blade and prepared to charge again.

19. PenguinofDeath

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Botanicus is hit square on by a bolt of lightning, and is burnt to cinders. "That stung..." He reforms, and smiles vaguely "I can't do much as a projection..."

20. PenguinofDeath

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Botanicus looks around "What are you all waiting for?" He looks at the approaching golem with slight cockiness, raising his hands upwards as a great, thorny trunk blasts through the earth, catapulting it into the air. Its weight is considerable, and most of the tree buckles underneath it, as it lands, virtually unscathed. Botanicus's eyes widen a bit, as it lands awkwardly on a now-flattened tree. Floating backwards as the golem regains its feet, he circles round is so his back is at the castle wall. The golem draws back a solid fist, aiming a crushing blow at the dryad's skull...but the dryad is no longer there, and the golem's fist shatters against the unbreakable castle wall.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
Search tags for this page

eieshar