RPG #3 - The Hunted

Discussion in 'RPG #3 - The Hunted' started by Nienor, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Ender-Zero

Ender-Zero Ruff Mercenary

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Zept held his blade ready as he had not sheathed it this whole time. He stood behind Lurion and Lorek, he didn't trust either at this moment, and his hatred for the mage was returning. Zept powered up his rings, "I feel it as well Airelot, what ever it is, it's huge"

2. DarkElv22-JJ

DarkElv22-JJ Your opponent

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Lurion was horribly glad Aegis had said something....at least he understood the saurian. "I sense something.....but its not very nerveracking.....must not be reptilian." The scaled being said.

Lorek nodded, "Yes i feel a presence of something enourmous..... No dragon...well not that I can tell."

"Be on your guards warriors." Aegis said. Lurion put his long claws on his green amulet neclace, getting ready to call forth reptilians to help aid the group. Lorek got his large bone sword ready, and remembered some of those grass bombs in his pouch. "Im ready..." Lorek murmered.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2004
  3. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Through the whole squabble and time they were walking, Aenarion kept silent and merely followed the Dryad, but now, he was more attentive than before...his elven blood sensed something was there, a fould presence. His Demon Slayer blood, bubbled with excitement. Slipping into the magic state, he bored thorugh the tunnel, and not far away, but neither too clsoe was something that he had not encoutered for a long time. Slipping out of the state, he called out for the group to stop.

"Friends, listen to me now. The creature that follows us now is nothing like you have ever seen before, for its last presence was well beyond your time. Go now and continue in your journey to rid us of the evil we fight against, I'll handle this...its been a long time since I have truly been challeneged."

He waited silently, as he made his way to the back of the group, to see how they would take this.

4. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Zept nodded and walked on past the Elf, "Be safe" was all he aid before he sheathed his blade and walked over to the Dryad. The Dryad looked at him irritated and angry, "Sorry" was all Zept said, high enough for Aegis and Botanicus to here him but low enough so no one else did.

5. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Airelot looked at the ancient elf as he proceeded to the back of the group, what nobility, what pride, what valor. All he cared about was his art and the people he protected, he was eager to see how the elf would handle this, but still he knew he needed to stay with the main group, he would await their decision.

6. PenguinofDeath

PenguinofDeath The name says it all.

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Botanicus turns to face Aenarion, and smiles "You are truly noble, my lord," a tear falls from his eye, and once more forms into a greenish stone- this time with hints of blue. He hands it to him "This will allow you friendship to the tree so long as you hold it- perhaps some of my brothers may come to your aid. Do not be shocked by their appearance, for they are far from humanoid." He walks back, and nods "The time is right- we shall go,"

Raising his arms, his fingers elongate, breaking through the film of water, and locking to the side "Hold your breaths..." They are all forced upwards, save for the brave elf. "Until you dry off, you are temporarily undetectable- this is sacred water," He looks around them in worry "Perhaps you could show me this thing you call...killing?"

7. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    A slight smile came across Zept's face, "What is it you wish to learn Dryad? I can teach you what you need to know about killing and death" Zept saw afew angry eyes stare at him, "if he wants to know we should tell him" Zept said in response.

8. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Airelot leered at Zept for a bit, then spied a lizard in the corner of his eye. In one swift motion he drew a dagger and threw it into the small creature, impaling it to the wall. The young elf didn't look to see the Dryad's face.

9. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Zept looked at the lizard and smiled, he wanted to do that to Lurion, and he hoped one day if he got the chance he would. Zept just smirked and shruggled his shoulders, "Teaching him like that works to"

10. DarkElv22-JJ

DarkElv22-JJ Your opponent

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Lurion smiled, "That would be killing...." He walked over and put his hand on the dagger, pulling it free, he concentrated and his neclace started glowing green. He put his hand on the dead lizard and it started twitching again, eventually moving and then the wound healed up and it scittered away. "That was survival." Lurion smiled, "Please elv, do not kill a reptilian infront of my eyes. I do not slaughter a pig infront of that ones eyes." Lurion smiled looking at Zept.

He then walked on throwing the dagger back to Airelot. That was sort of rude...but the man with the glasses was asking for it, Lurion thought.

11. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "No but speaking of food, Aegis how long do you think it'll be before we face him?" Airelot said trying to avoid a fight between Zept and Lurion as he put the dagger into his cloak.

12. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Aislinn did her best to stay close to Aegis. He seemed to be the most sensible person in the group. Since they had arrived on this island everything kept getting stranger and stranger. "Aegis, how many more monsters do you think the daemon will send at us?"

13. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    After a few moments the passage where the travellers waited began to rumble, dust poured in motes from cracks wrought in the roof.

"I think it is time you left" Aenarion said to the others solemly.

The Khattar beast wound its long wormlike body around the outside of the passage, consticting like a snake it crushed the earth and stone together, sealing the way the warriors had come. The black spines of the skin of the creature shuddered again, in air sounding like leaves rustled in a breeze, now it sounded like scraping coming from every direction, magnified through a solid surface. Its head smashed through the wall, and barely fitting inside the passageway it opened its mouth, dozens of rows of teeth bared to kill before retreating to strike its enemies by surprise.

14. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "I believe he'll keep sending them until one side is dead," Airelot said to Ailsinn before Aegis could reply, he looked back to the pool, "How long do you think it'll be till there's a winner?"

15. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Aenarion's head whipped in all directions, as he tried to see the black magic of the creature. A shudder shook the ground he stood on, so great that he almost lost his balance. He could feel the creature, its demonic aura was emitting in great waves, yet he could not see its black centre....maybe some sort of concealment he thought to himself. Another tremoundous shudder shook the tunnel but it felt as though the source was closer. Dust drifted across his face, as it glided softly through the air, to fall back down. His senses hightened to an even greater level, as he reached out to a sense of blank mind, searching, waiting for the creature to strike. His hands slipped down, and it ran over a bump. Taking out the little item, he looked it over and he thought something talked to him...Yggdrissill. Tapping its small power source, he let the tunnel grow wider slowly....if anything he would need space to face the Khattar Beast.

WHOOSH! The beast broke through one wall of the tunnel and broke through into the other. Scanning the creature, it must have been atleast a hundred spans long, and five thick....not the greatest since the Chaos Wars, but still a formidable foe, not to be underestimated. CRASH the creature came out of the tunnel wall, as what seemed its head faced him. He backed away slowly, as the creature slithered out of the wall until its whole body was in the tunnel. Good thing the tunnel was multiple times bigger, otherwise the creature would have filled the passage up, and he would be able to do nothing.

Suddenly the creature's great mouth opened, displaying rows of teeth like spears, that could easily pierce a man and his armour. With a great speed, the Khattat Beast flew at him, dodging out the way to the side of the creature, he narrowly escaped as one of the creatures spikes on its skin scraped along his armour, and sparks flew. Steeping slightly back from the creature's spikes, he thrust his sword into the creature between the spikes. Immediately the beast thrashed as its head turned to face him, and spikes push towards him. Quickly jumping onto ones of the creatues spikes he jumped from spike to spike onto the creatures back. Standing on top of it he stabbed down again into the creatures skin, penetrating, and drawing a thick viscours black liquid. This time the creature reacted even more violently that before, and Aenarion was thrown off the beast's back violently against the tennel wall, where he hit it with great force, and slid down, left in what looked like a crumpled heap. The end of the creature body hit him with a mighty force, knowking him towards the creatures head, where he lay twenty spans from its head. Slowly he got up, using his sword as a crtuch, as he truned and faced the beast. He needed to do something, and fast, the creature was much stronger for its age and size than usual; something must ahve been altrered. He looked straight at the creature, as it reared up, its mouth open and aimed at him, ready to strike. Looking down the blackness of the creatures mouth, lined with the fearsome spear like teeth' the beast's head whipped upwards and came down upon him from above, taking him in its mouth as he stood.

Aenarion looked round, darkness surrounded him; except for the glow of the Runes on Sunfang. He wobbled on his feet, fallwing onto something moist. The creature lay on the tunnel floor, it knew the Elf would be consumed soon. Inside Aenarion stood on what the thought was the creauture's tongue or so, as thoughts ran through his head. Only one thing left now, he hoped that Khaine would favour him this day. Biting his right thumb he drew blood, and raised his hands upwards, "EL SHAITAR GEIT KHAINE" he shouted, and then taking his thumb, spread his blood across the runes of Sunfang. Soon black flames enveloped Sunfang; The Sword of Khaine would feed on a demon's soul this day. Holding the sword with both hands the thrust Sunfang to his right, piercing right through the creature's thick skin, and was anwered by a sreech. Slowly the black fire grew, as it burned through the creature; now was the time. Gripping with all his might, he ran down the creature's throat and body, running for what seemd like eternity, as the Sword of Khaine burned its way through the creauture, splitting it in half from the side. Running out of the other side of the creature, he ran back down to the creature head, and with one last almighty effort jumped and brough the sword down into the Khattar Beast's skull. Jumping back, he watched as Black Fire erupted from the creature, The sword of Kahine fed upon the creature, and yet another rune burned itself on the blade slowly, as the creatures body was consumed by the blade.

After some time, nothing more was left of the creature. Dragging himself over to Sunfang, he picked it up, and supported himself. He had no elixir left; the journey to the rest of the party would be a hard one. With infinite slowness he headed down the tunnel, with Sunfang as a crutch, to help them, to destory Eishar.

16. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    The group made their way through the forest, Aegis' two elven companions leading, scouting for potential danger. After the group had travelled a mile or so they cam to the edge of the trees, there, several hundred yards away stood a massive fortress, surrounded by a parched and burnt field. The fortress was quite impressive, built of immense stone slabs, Aegis could only guess at the number of demonic enemies that waited inside.

Taking note of his rapidly drying clothes Aegis thought it best if they proceeded quickly while the magic of the water still hid them from Zaad's view. "The time has come." He said solemnly. Gesturing to the three warriors moving in behind him Aegis motioned for them to spread out along the trre line. "There will soon be many foes in our midst. Take what time you have to prepare yourselves, I will strike the first blows in this battle."

Aegis began chanting, a spell he had created through his many years of study. Spells like these were one of the main reasons for his rejection by the order of white mages. Aegis never agreed with many of the philosophies of the mage orders. They tended to rely totally on the beliefs derived from their orders. A white robed mage would never dable in the black arts, and a black robed mage would be insulted by the suggestion of working with white magic. Aegis, however, found that the most powerful magic came from combining the two. As the spell reached it's climax, the staff in his right hand started to glow with a black light that seemed to cast more shadows than anything. Aegis pointed the head of his staff at the fortress as a large ball of energy burst from the crystal at the head. The ball hit the thick stone walls of the fortress with a boom and a rumble to rival any storm, the fortress itself shuddered badly and Aegis noted many large cracks running the length of the walls.

Shouts and roars could be heard from within the walls of the fortress, obviously stirring from the blast. A moment later the heavy iron doors swung open.

17. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    The sight of the fortress impressed Aislinn. She had not imagined it to be so large and imposing. When Aegis told her to prepare for the onslaught. Aislinn took him very seriously. She didn't even want to imagine the amount of creatures that were lurking in there. The elf first checked to make sure her sword was properly sheathed and easily accessible. While she hoped nothing would come within a sword's distance from her, battles were uncertain. Aislinn instintively knew where she kept daggers hidden upon her person. But they were only to be used in a last resort. Fighting with a dagger would mean she had no other means to defend herself left. then she checked her bow and arrows. Aislinn had a large supply of arrows, but not limitless. She knew there would not necessarily be enough for the battle. The magical bow was in excellent shape and ready to be used. The air nearly resonated with the magic the bow emitted. Lastly, the elf offered up a small payer to the gods. She wasn't the religious type, but this battle had put her on edge.

Aislinn situated her self in a grove of trees. Noticing Botanicus, she motioned for him to come and stand with her. If the creatures came too close, it would be best to have two people fighting to defend each other's backs. The elf took a position on slightly higher ground where she could have a better view of the surrounding area. It was crucial to use every arrow correctly. Standing at the ready with Botanicus by her side, the pair watched Aegis start a spell of some sort.

Suddenly, a bolt from Aegis's staff shattered an outer wall of the keep. Within moments, monsters of all descriptions were swarming from their holes. She recognized the same spiked monsteres that had fought earlier, the wormlike creature and several common beasts such as wargs and wyverns. But some of the monsteres were beyond description and looked like menaces out of a nightmare. The elf held an arrow notched towards a giant spider in the distance. All the while waiting for Aegis to give the signal to strike.

18. PenguinofDeath

PenguinofDeath The name says it all.

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Botanicus nods, preparing himself for the carnage ahead. Placing his hands together in silent prayer, he begins to cast his first spell. An orb of light soars forwards, striking the ground with a rumble. A small explosion happens- and five slimy eggs shoot sideways, growing swiftly into five immense dire boars. He nods to them with silent sorrow "Go...gouge their flesh, bore their armour, and kill as many as you can...once the signal is given,"

19. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Airelot took a position away from the others knowing how wide an area Falling Moon hit. The double voulge was a very dangerous weapon whne fighting near allies, but when surrounded you could strike easily at all angles. He himself had no ranged weapon, so that was out of the question. The falchion and magic sword both rested at his hip, sheathes cut down to allow the blades to swing at the twist of his body. A well armored foe would require use of the chain and the club from Aegis's armory. As for the katars they weren't good against multiple foe, so in this fight they would be useless. The young elf twirled Falling Moon around and took a stance, ready to fight when the creature's converged.

20. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    "At last they have come, I was wondering if the Khattar ate them like mice" Zaad watched from his balcony looking down on the far wall of the fortress, the mage was there casting away he had nearly cut clean through the stone wall in one hit, powerful indeed, the others were prepairing for the fight. Zaad's lips curled in a smile, the fools would stand there and die, not even trying to come through the gates? He had plenty of minions to test on them. He had several dozen more khattar beasts, but this time they were allowed to grow naturally, feeding on the smaller demons. These were the size of huge snakes, anacondas and quite difficult to slay. A score of demon champions came fromthe gate aswell, behind them were rank upon rank of twisted soldiers. A sea of blades, horns and malice.

Not wanting to mollycoddle the warriors he decided to lend his strength a little to his fight. Swingin his arm like a slash a streak of blue and red fire errupted in the air, twisting and vibrating towards the field, growing bigger on the way there. It smashed into the ground sereing earth and flesh alike, most of the flesh was the demons and monsters, but the blast was eough to stun everything for a while. Four more times the power of Eieshar was unleashed in a small dose, blue fire, yellow streaked lightning, green smoke, and deep red balls of energy. A number of small spells for destuction but only small enough to stir things up, he didnt want to end things so soon.

Stepping away from the railing of the balcony, the monstrous form of Zaad walked back inside, with one hand signalling a lone dark dragon to attack. He went down to the vault deep within the tower and used the staff to open the hole in reality, just one quick trip and he would be back to see how well the fools had done.

Search tags for this page

eieshar