RPG #20 - OOC Thread

Discussion in 'RPG#20 - The Narrow Path Through Darkness.' started by Crusader, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    there are at least 5-10 or so confirmed applicants many who havent posted yet! grrr. Might have to bring in my second character soon (this one is central to the plot arc so it may help push things forward).

2. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    so sup did this RPG die?

3. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    unfortunately it looks like it.

4. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    NOOO. Shit I totally forgot about the RP firstly getting ready for Uni and then actually GOING to Uni.

Ok Ok Imma try and get my profile finally up godamnit.

5. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    no one else posts anyway

6. Rob Darken

Rob Darken New Member

In the midst of the Celtic Winter, following the v
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Situation rectified.
    Sorry I was kind of hoping someone else was going to post and so I was sidetracked.
    Until I couldnt be bothered waiting any longer. It just took me a while to get properly motivated to finish my post.

7. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    oshiz someone posted

Too bad I'm swamped in tests and portfolio work until winter break... during which I'll be in Canada for three weeks and not actually at home. lol

8. Rob Darken

Rob Darken New Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I work full time, study part time, and have marital/children committments, but I still manage to put aside a couple of hours a month to write a post. Surely someone else can as well? :p

9. Rob Darken

Rob Darken New Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    So I take it by the silence here, that this is dead and buried?

10. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I suppose so. I'm still determined to finish my profile (it is literally nearly done) and just start posting randomly.

11. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Well I can put a post up this week, but unless we see some commitment from other members its not going to do much good, unless people reaffirm their participation then it may be best to let it die.

sorry rob, i know you put the effort in, but sometimes these things happen.

12. Rob Darken

Rob Darken New Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Many thanks to you Crusader for taking the time to come up with the concept and get the ball rolling, it is a shame that it has all failed to come to anything.
    I will stick my head in every now and then to see if there is any action, but I sense that there wont be....:(
    Its a shame, there were some great ideas for RPG's being thrown around in here, but nothing ever seemed to get off the ground. In fact the whole forum seems to be slowly dying from within due to a general apathy and lack of committment. Perhaps the days of social interaction via forums are coming to a close, and will soon be supplanted by whatever is the next five minute internet trend. Such a shame.

13. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    You know its sad to think you could be right, back in the heyday of RPGs they went on strong for months, if not years, sure there was down time sometimes for a while but it kept going for ages. It really helped me develop my creative writing skills and character development, looking back at my original attempts show some really derivative and one dimensional inventions. I won't say I'm a great writer but I've certainly improved thanks to this place.

Perhaps its not the slow death of the forum at the hands of more present media and social websites, perhaps its the nature of the forumites, things like this require time in abundance, its no coincidence many members are teenagers or just above, eventually every one of them will find commitments elsewhere and simply wont have the time. I know ever since I went to university and after I just havent had the time I used to.

A real shame if its true for everyone.

14. Rob Darken

Rob Darken New Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I agree with your views on the development of both writing and character evolution skills. I have found this as well. However as most places I visit on the web for RPG's seem to have begun to die a slow lingering death, it is disturbing to think that I may well not find another abode to hone these hard earned skills, save professional writing (something that I believe is beyond me!)
    I personally find it had to believe that people dont have the time for sites like this. There is so much on offer to envelop even the the most fickle of minds! :p
    As I have stated, my time is minimal due to RL concerns, but I still manage to put aside time to contribute, however miniscule. I believe it is a case of the next "shiny big thing" and poor time management contributing to the downfall of many sites. If someone puts a measly 5-10 minutes a day towards a post, a sentence or paragraph, within a week or two they will have something to put up. Now thats not a hard ask in my book.
    Maybe my ideals are more rigid than most, but if you say you are going to do something, then you should carry it through to its natural conclusion.
    Perhaps the powers to be at this site should contribute more in order to promote activity here, or perhaps we should all disconnect from the internet and do something worthwhile to actively help humanity. I dont know, but at the end of it all, I am disappointed with the way this RPG has panned out. It deserved more.
    Maybe I will just try to concentrate on writing for myself and see if it will lead me into the fabled halls of publication!
    Only time will tell.
    Once again thanks for your efforts here, and we will see what fate dictates for the future of both this RPG and the site in general.
    Till then farewell.

15. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    heh, this is true. Tbh though, at least on my part, my internet interactions for the past 2 years or so have been dominated by the gaming community, which means that I almost never bother to go through the forums here, and that's only to say hi to people.

Besides which my writing time's been consumed by nonfiction lately. I also have my intro to poetry class tomorrow, so I suspect that my writing for this semester will be largely divided into nonfic and poetry.

16. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    funnily enough my peak at writing was also my peak of online gaming, so I managed to mingle the two pretty well.

and Rob, if I were you I would try crossing the fabled rainbow bridge to the printing press, you've got the chops for it.

17. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but the problem is that even when I'm not actually playing, I'm on Vent. :/ Way too much time on the internet...

18. Morgan_of_Salerone

Morgan_of_Salerone New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Well, regardless of everyone else's opinions, I'm still raring to go with this RP!

Besides, this forum is the only place I get to chat with LDH (sorry, LIADAN) and Cru. It simply can't die.

19. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    your wish is my command

Honestly, though, I'm seriously finding it harder and harder to write anything fictional. There's just so much to write in nonfiction that I don't have the time or inclination to do so for now. :/

20. Rob Darken

Rob Darken New Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hurrah for sticking to it! :draught:
    Now I will have hang around and wait for a post!

Have you done that character profile yet Meteorain?