RPG #2 - The Search for the Last Oracle

Discussion in 'RPG #2 - The Search for the Last Oracle' started by Nienor, Apr 25, 2004.

1. waenlotien

waenlotien Healer/ Magicuser

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    "I would prefer that you stay hidden for as long as you can manage. I know not the true self of all those aboard yet and I am worried that things might go awry. I would still require your assistance in the present terms. I thank you for your askance."

Waen writes the last few things down and then closes the book. She waves her hand over the book and whispers a few inaudible word. The book is bound only to her. If someone opens it, all they see is blank pages.

"By the way, was that you i felt on deck a few moments ago? There was something elusive, it has been here before. I cannot place it yet."

2. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Not quite sure what she meant, he immediately thought to when he touched the young woman who was brought aboard. For now he wanted to keep that a secret so he claimed he did not, "I have had no such feeling, but if I do I shall inform you"

His keen sensestold him that others from the ship were arriving. "The meeting will be held shorly, the others are coming, I shall hide opposite you in the shadows" he told her and then made his way to the otherside of the room. Slipping into the shadow the room seemed empty save for Waenlotien. He squatted there calm as ever waiting for the others to arrive.

3. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen smiled and closed her book then stood up. She looked nowhere in particular and then whispered.

"I'll <see> you in the other room. Then please come back in here afterward, so we may discuss what you may have found."

She turned and headed toward the other door of her room and thenopened it and walked through, making sure not to close it behind her. She made her way to the head of the table, everyone needed was present.

"Thank you all for joining me on this voyage. Thank you for waiting in here patiently." She looked over at Shann. "I didn not mean to take so long. I got lost in my writings."

Waen walked around the table as she talked, telling them of her <vision> and the importance of what the had to do. Though she did not tell them of the particular object that they would look for. The jist of the idea, was to find and destroy it, before it could destroy all living things.

"I have faith in the quest and those aboard. I know each of you will help as you can and when needed most. Is there any questions from you?"

4. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Shann watched as waen came in, he was frowning with impatience, but her apology lessened his anger slightly. She went on to explain her plans, to destroy the oracle. Shann grimaced at the thought, but did not let it show on his face but his eyes narrowed with distaste.

"I have one question, How long before we are off this stinking bucket, I cannot stand a long sea voyage. We could be there in an instant if needs be....." Shann darted an accusing look at waen. "........The storm that came about earlier was no natural event, one of you can summon the weather and whichever swine it is can fill the sails with wind all the way to the next port" Shann pulled out on scimitar from its sheath and slammed the point into the wooden floor in anger. "Whoever it is best get us there before my anger overrides my Royal patience." Shann galnced from face to face of all the fools in the room, his intimidating presence making him look down on all of them despite their heights. He stood up letting his chair fall behind him without a second glance, pulled his scimitar from the deck and resheathed it. Once that was dont he left the room without looking at the others and went to the deck where he spied a hawk land on the railing out of sight.

5. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen smiled and then realized she felt a presence again, knowing that Chisan was in the room somewhere she looked around and hoped he saw her questioning look and felt it and what caused it.
    Then she looked at the others and smiled.

"Prepare for a quick trip, we are but a day from land and I will invoke a storm to carry us the rest of the way. Does anyone have any quetions before I do?"

Waen hoped there were none and she also hoped that Chisan found what she felt.

6. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    The small scroll Shann pulled from the tube at the hawks talon was scrawled with writing, As Shann read over it he smiled with enjoyment. He gave a glance back to the door leading to where the other fools were meeting and laughed at what was to come before he turned the piece of parchment over and began to scrawl instructions on it with a small piece of charcoal. He stuffed the parcment back in the tube and let the hawk fly again.

Shann was pleased, his patience was never lasting, he had hoped that it would last long enough to reach the oracle without using up his 'insurance' but he couldnt wait, not now that his plans were running ahead of him. In a day, maybe more, maybe less, he would no longer have to stand among these fools again, In a short while he would have what he wanted. Walking over to the bow of the ship he looked out towards their destination, smiling he could almost see the shoreline ahead of them, he could almost see the hawk flying that way in the skies.

7. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen left the cabin and headed ot the deck. She rounded the top stair and headed to the side. With her Elven sight she saw a bird in the distance, they were close to land. She would make a small spell to hurry them ashore.

"Captain. Prepare for a storm."

"Aye M'Lady." He shouted out orders and the crew looked at him like he was crazy, they didn't see any clouds in the sky. When he yelled at them louder, they hurried and did as he said. When it was all finished, he turned back to Waen.

"Do as ye wish."

Waen smiled and turned away from him. She raised her hands and said a few words that none could make out. Clouds appeared out of no where and the winds started to fill the sails. Waen watched as the land came upon them quicker now. When she figured they were close enough, she let go of the storm and they glided in as far as they could go.

"Make anchor here and prepare the boats. We leave immediately."

Waen ran down to her cabin and got her pack and her medicine bag. Then went back above. With everyone scurrying around, Waen went back to the Capitan and gave him some more orders for while she was gone.

8. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen boarded the skiff and awaited the others to join her, they soon would be ashore.

9. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Sitting in the tiny dank boat Shann waited for the rowman to bring them to shore. Shore. Land again, no more dingy wooden cabins, no more lazy crude sailors, no more rank salt smell in his nostrils. Feet itching in anticipation Shann shouted at a few sailors who apeared to be doing nothing, those with wisdom walked away, one who remained got a shallow gash across his chest, and his shirt cut to ribbons. No more fool sailors, dry land once more soon enough.

10. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Chisan watched as the small discussion dissovled, and as the one called Shann angrily stabbed the table and walked out. Following the man, he felt a tiny presence. Looking from the shadows he had seen a small hawk. Maybe that was what Waen had meant. Sliding back into the shadows, he waited for the others to depart.

Once it seemed that the others had left on their boats, and were on land, he made quick actions. Firstly he knocked out the few left on the ship, so that what he would do next, would not be detected.

He then summoned some chakra under his feet, and made sure so send a constant and even concentration under his feet. Then he jumped onto the water, and began to run across it. The chakra he had molded and controlled, allowed him to essentially float like any boat would, but it looked like he walked on water. Modling more chakra, he carefully boosted his physical speed, and ran towards shore. He would have to swim the last part of it, as not to attract attention, and arrive on a part of the shore where no-one was present.

Then he would report of what he felt, and saw.