RPG #2 - The Search for the Last Oracle

Discussion in 'RPG #2 - The Search for the Last Oracle' started by Nienor, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Chisan, smiled to himself, as the woman announced that he would have to work for her passage. He heard the slight click of the lock with his highly attuned senses. He was a shinobi, he was not going to be forced into work, and she would have to find him first. Rechanneling some of his chakra, he created an essence clone of himself, so that she would be attuned to that, as he disguised himself in the shadow and slipped behind the room. There was one thing he knew of this small connection, direction was not given away. Slowly he emerged behind her, ou of what would seemed to people out of the wall, as he pulled out a Kunai and held it to her throat., yet while he did this he created another essence of himself so that if he was attacked the clone would merely dissapate, whereas he was really in another part of the room.
    "I have a better idea. You leave me be, and I dont slit your throat. But i have a question.." he began
    "are you the one destined to find the oracle? I have been called out to by the oracle in my dreams to aid the one destined to find the oracle....if you are then i offer my services. But first a sign, part you hair, and show me your neck" he asked or rather demanded subtely in a low voice.

2. waenlotien

waenlotien Healer/ Magicuser

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen raised her arms as if she was to move her hair and instead started to say some words. Slowly and softly at first, getting stronger and louder as she went.

"Dei omnes
    Me servant.

Zuab
    Garin
    Sila.

Nibredo albedo rubedo

Cummutatis evenit
    Aurum soliferum
    Chryos chrysos"

Waen stepped away from her assailant and turned to face him and looked him squarely int his eyes, hers were glowing from within and her gaze was as through him and not at him.

"I am the Sorceress named Waenlotien. This is my party you have intruded upon, tis not such a precariousness and dubiessness that has brought you to us. I am one that is enroute to the Oracle, but I will be bringing another aboard to help on the quest as well."

Waen lifted her hands higher into the ait and turned, her hair flew up and there at the nape of her neck was a mark that looked like a spider.

"Is there anything else you need of me?"

Waen said as she lowered her arms and the wind within the cabin ceased blowing.

Then she looked through the small portal on the wall of the room and started another incantation.

"I mari ed i cieli, si sentono che il mio grida. Portimi i
    venti e le onde dei untames, mi portano il quickness prima delle
    tombe. Sono uno chi osa il thee di ordine, lo porto lei affinchè
    tutti veda. Questo aiuto che abbiamo bisogno di e che chiediamo a di
    voi, rinnoverò dai legami e farò un'offerta adieu."

Then Waen turned and looked at him again and smiled inside as she felt the ships start to sway with the swelling of the ocean.

"I have proven myself to thee, prey tell me what it is you seek?"

3. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Chisan looked into the woman's eyes, enpeturbed by her little show." I seek one thing, and that is to fulfill what the oracle has asked. Since you are the one chosen to find thr oracle i offer my srevices, whether you accept them or not is your decision" he told her, still keeping his voice low. "Yet do not try and show me your power" he added, and then began to perform seals with this hands to represent differnt animals. Slowly the winds died, and everything was at a standstill. The ocean was still, the shp silent as a mouse.
    "So do you accept my services?"

4. aule

aule The Smithy of the Valar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thrain pulled out his swords and started to hone them for they were slightly dull... after he had sharpened them, he asked shann whether he'd like to practice abit more...

5. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen smiled at him, but was perturbed that he had stopped the needed storm.

"I accept your help. As for the work aboard, it is a needed post. I know what you are and need your help. Use your shadow and keep tabs on others, who might not be after tye Oracle for noble reasons."

Waen looked back out the wondow again and reincanted her spell for a storm.

"I mari ed i cieli, si sentono che il mio grida. Portimi i
    venti e le onde dei untames, mi portano il quickness prima delle
    tombe. Sono uno chi osa il thee di ordine, lo porto lei affinchè
    tutti veda. Questo aiuto che abbiamo bisogno di e che chiediamo a di
    voi, rinnoverò dai legami e farò un'offerta adieu."

She turned back to the man and smiled.

"I need this storm. without it we will miss the other I need. I have told you my name sir, praytell me what it yours."

6. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    "Very well, my name is Chisan" he told her in an abrupt sentence. "Your bidding shall be done. When you need me to tell you what I have seen, you can use this to call me" he told her as he gave her a small gem on a thread. "When you want me, focus your magic and thought into this, and i will feel it" he informed, "Only a minor amount of your concentration is needed, so you may use it while doing other things, as only a moment is needed to be spared in my calling" and with that diffused his illusions around the room, gaining some of his spent chakra, as he stepped back into the wall, and dissapeared to begin a check on the other occupants of the ship.

7. doleniel

doleniel Elven High Priestess

surrounded by idiots with no hope of escape
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    *Sumerin woke suddenly to a growl of thunder. Startled, she bolted upright and looked about her. Above, ominous clouds were roiling as lightning jumped from one to another. The strong wind that had been propelling her towards her destination had become a gusty, whipping thing, blowing first one direction and then another. .:damn, a storm! This is the last thing I need:. she thought. .:My boat will never survive this! I must find shelter:. She lurched forward to the mast as her small craft rose up the first of the great swells caused by the storm. As she began to climb, rain began to fall. The heavy droplets soon became a torrent, stinging Sumerin's face as she tried to see into the downpour, looking for anywhere she could ride out the storm. As she crested a wave she saw several dark blurs in the distance. A fleet of ships? Or a group of rocky islands, sure to dash her small craft to pieces? She would have to take that chance and see. It was the only thing out there and it was try for that or drown out here alone, her goal unreached. She tied up the sail, now useless in the gusty, irregular wind, and concentrated her will to make the waters take her towards the blurs.*

8. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    The ship began to sway severely, a storm was begining to grow up around them. Shann decided to go below decks to avoid the annoyance of the wind. He threw his dirt mug into the water and picked up his cloak from the ground before it was blown away, and plucked his other scimitar from its embedding in the ships mast, he headed down to the galley.

9. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen had always loved sailing and the storms made it that much grandr to her. She left the storeroom and ran up to the deck. She ran to the main mast and started climbing. When she reached the crows nest, she looked around. So far nothing, she cast a small spell of site and looked farther out. Still nothing, then her ship was raised on a swell and she thought she caught site of something. She knew with the winds, she could not yell at the Captain where she wanted to go, so she blew on the horn that was there. The Captain looked up at her and she grabbed a red flag and held it toward the starboard side. The Captain understood what it was she wanted and slowly guided the craft into that direction. She then rounded the mast and held up a yellow flag, it was to let the other Captains know that they were to try and stay at their present position. As the object drew closer Waen climbed down and went to the rail, the sea foam and rain soaking her through. She then realised it was a small craft and had the posibility of floundring. She held her hands up and chanted a phrase that noone could hear for it was lost in the wind. The storm slowly came to a halt, just as they reached the side of the little vessel. Waen looked over and saw the girl of her visions. Then she hollered down.

"Hail and well met stranger. I am Waenlotien, would you care to come aboard?"

10. doleniel

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    *Sumerin was having a hard time of keeping afloat, despite the gifts of Ayán. She was in danger of sinking and, thought the blurs which were indeed ships were nearer, there was no way she could swim that far if she did indeed founder. Then suddenly and with no warning the storm began to abate and one of the ships drew alongside her small craft.*

"Hail and well met stranger. I am Waenlotien, would you care to come aboard?" a woman called down from the deck of the ship.

"Well met indeed! I am Sumerin, priestess of Ayán. And I very much would like to come aboard!"

*she reached into the cabinet below the tiller and pulled out her packs as a rope ladder was thrown down as well as a rope to tie in her boat. Sumerin climbed the ladder and the woman extended a hand to help her over the side. Suddenly, she felt an enormous wave of imbalance. This, combined with the her sheer exhaustion form the storm, is the reason that once aboard, she promptly passed out.*

11. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    "Whoa!" Yelled out Waen as she caught her. She picked her up and started to carry her away from the edge, when one of her crewman came and grabbed her.

"Take her to the cabin set beside mine. I will be there shortly."

Waen looked down at the little dingy.

"Cracken, come raise this dingy and tie it up. We will need it later, so it's best not to loose it now."

"Ai M'Lady."

Waen turned toward the Captain and smiled.

"Get us back on target, we have what we need, now let's get where we are going Aravan."

Waen went down to her cabin and grabbed her medicine bag. Then she went to Sumerin's cabin, their room was connected on one os Waen's walls. It had originally been used as the Capitan's main office, but Waen disposed of that, for she new that there would be more people then cabins, there was already enough using the triple cot system as it was.

Waen went and sat on the edge of the bed and placed the back of her hand on the girls cheeck, it was cold yet felt warm all the same. She reached into her bag and pulled out a jar and opened it and took out some of the contents and smeared it onto her face.

"I am sorry for this lass, but the healing power is stringer then the smell."

Waen placed her other hand over Sumerin's eyes and closed her own eyes. She could see what she was dreaming about, but the thoughts were not haunting, so she let them be for now. Then she placed a spell on her for sleep, she had been through enough already today, she has earned her rest.

"Verbana Hastata
    Quattuor elementa
    Quattuor loci
    Hasta verbana
    Viam monstra"

Then she noticed that the breathing regulated.

"I will be in my room when you wake."

Waen walked back into her room and left the side door open, so that the light from her room softly lit the other. Then she pulled out her map again and made a few tick marks on it and called for the buson. When he arrived she handed him a note and he took it staright ot the captain, who slightly adjusted their course.

12. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Chisan flowed through the shadows, redirecting his route when the ship changed course and a small commotion began on the ship. Seeing a crewman limply carry a body of a woman inside, he followed th man. Waiting for a bit, he saw his newly acquainted 'friend' Waen, go in to the room, where the woman lay on the bed, and watched as she semared some of a jar's contents onto the woman, and chanted a spell. waiting for Waen to finish, and leave, he climbed out of his illusionary shadow, and went over to the woman to examine her. As he went to take her pulse, and touched a neck, he was hit by wave of flashing pictures. He went down to his knees, as pictures of murdered men and woman lay before his feet, and also of the moon and stars and then off a tree. stumbling onto the floor, he recovered, as he had let go of the woman. Deciding that he should stay any longer, he quickly jumped back into the shadow, as he fled back to the store room, to think about what he jsut felt.

13. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Sitting in the galley bored Shann, the ale was poor and the only people around were lazy sailors and a reeking cook. The sooner this naval voyage ended, the better. After a short while of boredom the storm came to a standstill abruptly, making things even more unbearable. To ease the passing of time Shann decided to go up to the main deck and watch the waves. He trudged up the creaking wooden stairs and was caught be the cool breeze of the ocean

The sea was calm despite the earlier storm, as Shann looked out he saw the other ship, which had stopped with a smaller boat aside it. "More idiots on small boats" muttered the prince to himself as people rushed about aboard the other ship to accomodate the new arrival. Shann himself did not see who it was, but he didnt care, the people here weren't important to him, only what they could get for him. He went back to strolling on the deck to pass the time, but that was also boring. Finding few alternatives he resorted to honing his already flawless longbow skills. He picked up his bow and arrows and began shooting the target with little effort, he then progressed to shooting down passing gulls. After a while he was enjoying himself surprising lazy sailors on the other ships with an arrow hitting the deck inches in front of them. A lazy sailor makes a lazy voyage, and Shann was merely doing his part to keep the ships running efficiently.

14. doleniel

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Waking, Sumerin began to stir in her small cabin. The only light in the room was that coming from the room next door, so Sumerin looked around the dim room for a lamp. Finding one, she pulled flint and steel from a pocket inside her clothing and lit it. The room was obviously intended to be an office and not a cabin, but it made a comfortable room all the same. Remembering the words she heard as she drifted in sleep, she opened the door to the adjoining room and entered. Waenlotien sat on her bunk reading, but she looked up when she heard Sumerin enter.

"Thank you, Waenlotien, for calming the storm. My small craft would not have lasted much longer. Ayán se meninu ke ro" Sumerin placed both hands over her heart and bowed at the waist.

"There is no need to be so formal. Call me Waen. And in truth, I must apologize, for I called the storm up as well." At this, Sumerin looked at Waen, shock apparant in her ice-blue eyes. "Forgive me, it was necessary; you are very much needed as a member of my company" Waen continued.

"Needed?" Sumerin asked. "I was not even aware anyone knew I had left my glade"

"We are on a quest to find the Last Oracle," Waen explained. "It is the key to destroying the evil that has been ravaging the land as of late. And you are a key member in finding it."

Sumerin nodded. "Then we are on the same mission. I do not know how much you know about the priesthood of Ayán, but we serve in order to maintain the balance of forces on Earth. There is great evil in this world now, and I seek to restore the balance. There are very few of my people left, but any who support my cause are greatly appreciated."

Waen grinned. "So you are Ayánmet. I thought I recognized the tattoo on your brow, but as you said, there are so few left that I was not sure. Save for the food, which I had put in with the general stores, I had your packs brought to your cabin. Please, settle yourself in. This could be a long journey."

"And it will be infinately more comfortable with company. Once again, thank you." With this, Sumerin bowed again and went to her cabin to stow her things properly.

As the door adjoining the two cabins shut, Waen pulled out her writing supplies and wrote a note. Blowing on it to dry the ink, she then folded it and sealed it with wax. She went to the door connecting her cabin to the rest of the ship and sommoned a sailor.

"Give this to Mohrea. I have another mission I need him for." she handed him the note. "Also, find Shann, Halken, Alia, and Thrain, and send them here. now that I have the last member of my group, I believe we should have a meeting."

"Aye, ma'am" said the sailor, and he went off to find the others. Waen left her door open and sat on her bunk, returning to her reading.

15. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Looking down the shaft of the arrow Shann could see his target with precise accuracy, shooting the rope that a sailor was using to haul some heavy objects arround would prove amusing. As he was about to let his arrow fly and hand nudged his shoulder and knocked his aim off a few inches. The arrow flew wide and struck the heel of the hauling sailors shoe. While it didnt pierce the mans flesh, it caused him to trip and made it difficult for him to regain his balance. With a quick smirk Shann rose from aiming and turned to face the sailor who had nudged him.

"Your presence is requested on the lead ship, The Lady Waen has called a meeting. We have the dinghy ready" Spouted the sailor fearfully as Shann gave him an angry look.

"At last, this rotten crate is more dull than listening to elves sing, at least some of your betters on the other ship are intelligent enough to appreciate the presence of my majesty"

With a push of his shoulder past the grimy sailor Shann made his way to the rope ladder that lead down to the small boat, followed by the rude sailor who appeared to be in charge of the small dinghy. After a minute the sailor had pulled his way to the lead ship, tying it fast the sailor grabbed hold of the lower rungs of the rope ladder and began to climb. Furiously, Shann gave a speedy kick to the swine's calf muscles, paining the man severely and making him drop from the ladder.

"Fool, where are your manners, Royalty come before scum like you so do not insult me by going first"

Shann stepped past him and placed both hands on the ladder but before he rose he made a quick stamp of his foot on the mans fingers, as payback for disrupting his aim earlier, and climbed up to the ships deck pleased with teachinga sailor some valuable facts.

16. aule

aule The Smithy of the Valar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just a moment after he bothered shann, that sailor aproached Thrain and Thrain said that he knew the reason for the disturbance and he'd be more than willing to accompany him to the lead ship for the meeting.

17. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Chisan sat there for some time, as he tried to recall the images that flashed in his head earlier. Yet all that seemed to come to him was a singular picture of a weigh scale, yet the scales constantly bent from side to side. When weighed down on the left it was enveloped by a black background, yet when weighed down to the right it was enveloped by a white light. But each time it seemed that the darker side was being weighed down for a longer time. He could not root out what this meant, so he decided to ponder on this a another time, as he jumped into a another shadow and wander.

Whilst he was on the main deck, he jumped into a sailor's shadow, as he passed by, and saw that the man was heading to the Swordsman he had seen earlier with Waen. Listening to what passed between them, he decided that he too should partake in this meeting, indirectly; maybe he would reveal himself. He quickly made his way back to the main deck, and headed for Waen's room, to ask if his presence would be needed by her at the meeting.

18. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Shann expected the lead boat to be more intersting than the other, but it was just the same, but with less interesting cargo. He had brought his longbow with him so he didnt care which ship he was on anymore, except now maybe someone among the more important crew might appreciate his presence.

He strolled over the creaky wooden deck, on his way to the cabins he saw the sailor from the dinghy painfully pull himself up the last rung of the ladder which made him smirk once more. Pushing the door open and walking down the crampt wooden corridor he made his way to Waen's cabin where she was waiting.

"You requested my gracious presence? I assume this is something to do with the new arrival, highly unecessary as I see it, another wench about sailors will only slow their miserable working pace and then we shall never abandon this wreck of a ship"

19. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen looked up from her book and gave Shann as gracious a smile as she could muster.

"Aye M'Lord. We have taken on another, but believe me, her post is no less important then yours. She is no mere wench, but a prietess. I have assembled this meeting, so we can all be aware of what is about to happen."

Waen looked back down at her notes and made a few adjustments to one of them.

"When everyone else arrives we will begin. For now why don't you go into the other room and help yourself to some food and drink."

again, waen mad a few notes and started rereding all the papaers she had before her. Almost forgetting that Shann was still there, until he walked off.

20. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Quickly making his way to Waenlotien's cabin, he waited outside in the corridors shadows, until the swordsman Shann, left the room. Once the man was out of sight, he entered the room, behind Waenlotien, who was bent over some papers. Lightly tapping her on the shoulder, she turned around and looked at him.

"A meeting is to be held? Do you wish for my presence, and present myself. Or would you rather i say hidden and watch the others and their reactions? I feel the latter would be more appropriate" he asked her, and patiently waited for an answer.