RPG #2 - The Search for the Last Oracle

Discussion in 'RPG #2 - The Search for the Last Oracle' started by Nienor, Apr 25, 2004.

1. waenlotien

waenlotien Healer/ Magicuser

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen looks down at the newcomer, his breathing was ragged from his run. She looks up at the sails and then back at him again and smiles.

"Of course you may join us, all are welcome on this quest. Another on ethe side of good is always a welcomed soul."

Waen looked down at the ships map again and pointed to a room.

"You take this one. The steward will fill you in on your duties when you have settled."

Waen went and stood at the bow and watched the ocean growing wider as they left the bay. She was thinking of the visions she had and of those aboard. She could feel a presence on board that she hadn't yet met, but could tell it was of no harm. She walked up to the Captain and told him to was going to her cabin. When she arrived at her cabin she started preparing her stuff for when they departed. She went to grab her medicinal pack and it wasn't there, perhaps she stowed it in the store room, with some of her other belongings. She would go down and look. She got to the door and the presence was ever stronger. She opened the door and walked in.

"Now where did I put that pack?"

2. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Shann paced back and forth on the deck restlessly, he couldnt sleep with the ship dipping and rising with the tide. He hoped the journey by boat would be short but if not he would have to make the most of his time there. Wandering the ship he made sure no one was watching as he peered at Waen's sea-charts, copying the marks onto a piece of papar he rolled it up and placed it in his pocket.

After another five minutes of innocent exploring Shann was bored again, he needed a drink to put his mind off the boat journey. Checking the galley he did not find much, then assumed the food and drink were kept in the storage room he walking down There he thought he could also tell the length of their seaward travels by the quantity of supplies. He reached the store room door and began to open it.

3. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Chisan's eyes flashed to the door, as in walked a woman, and then followed by a man. The woman's presence resonated inside him, could this be the person he was looking for? Using an old trick he learned from a good friend, he used some of his inner power to make himself look like a piece of the storage. The trick was nothing special, it was something that anyone could do if they practiced, as all shinobis had a power within them, it just depended on how much you had, and how well you channeled it.

Looking around the room, he spotted a small bag. The man or woman must have come lookign for that, as it was not one of the usual things you would find in a storage room. Patiently he continued to wait, as he watched the two strangers.

4. aule

aule The Smithy of the Valar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, i shall join your company after i get myself an ale from the tavern...

5. doleniel

doleniel Elven High Priestess

surrounded by idiots with no hope of escape
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    *Sumerin looked into the water of the estuary that formed the mouth of the river. .:Good. The tide is on the way out still:. she thought. .:I will not have to waste energy fighting the current:. As she cleared the shallow sandbars at the edge of the delta, she lashed the tiller in place. She moved forward to the small mast and loosed the sail. As it fell, the chill autumn wind caught the crisp white cloth and bellowed it out, displaying the deep blue emblem of the Ayán like a pigeon puffing out its chest. Sumerin moved back to the tiller and unlashed it, making a small adjustment to the course. She looked around. Therre were no ships in sight, but off ahead of her small craft clouds were gathering, telling of a storm to come, and in more ways than one.*

6. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen felt a presence about her, but put the thought aside for a moment.

"Ah, there it is."

She grabbed her pack and opened the door. Shann was standing there. Mayhap this was the presence she had felt. She didn't think so, but then she would have plenty of time to find it. Waen bowed her head the the prince.

"Good afternoon M'Lord. Is there something I can help thee find? If not I was about to transfer to the aft ship and do some weapons practice if you would care to join me."

Waen shut the door behind her as she slipped out and withdrew her key and locked the door. Whatever was inside would stay inside for now. When they were ready they would show themselves to her. Waen smiled up at Shann and awaited his answer.

7. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Meeting waen on his way to the cargo hold she muttered something about weapons practice.

"Excellent, I was on my way to find some ale to pass the time a little more pleasantly, but practice is a welcome alternative."

After she had locked the door Shann followed her up to the main deck.

8. aule

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "ok", he said as he walked to the ship,"I'll check with the steward about my accomodations..."

9. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    For hours, Mohrea stood at the backside of the ship. Though he had traveled a lot in his life, he never set sail upon the ocean. Dispair grew in him, when he saw the land disappear behind the horizon. He felt as if the masses of water threw a wedge between him and his land of birth. Even so, he kept staring back, to where the land once was to be seen and noticed that gulls became ever more scarce. After a while, he noticed the captain standing next to him.

"First time at open sea, heh" he said calmly.

Mohrea sighed. "Yes... I hoped never to see the land I belong to disappear behind the horizon, while alive..."

"Hmm, I see. Well, up in the crow's nest land shood be still visible, though vaguely by now. Go up there, and reef the main sail two notches, when you are done waching the land. I smell change in the air, and with this fright, I don't want to take any chances..."

Mohrea gave a nod to the captain and climbed the mast and only just saw the land that ment so much to him. Once more, he felt a jolt in his stomach, though less then the last time. He felt stronger this time, he realised that great things were ahead. He straightened his back and turned around. He felt ready. But looking forward, he saw a thick pack of clouds in the distance, rain pored from their black belly. Times of thinking were over, he set himself to reefing the sail.

10. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Chisan heard a slight click as the woman left the room with her pack. The woman must have locked the door he thought to himself. That did not hamper him much, picking a lock was easy, but it did give him an advantage, few people would enter the room, reducing the chances of being found, which was foolish for a shinobi is never seen unless he wishes to show himself. Yet there was something differnt about the woman, he felt that he could feel her presence. He wouldhave to hide this feeling from her, fr she must sense him too. Yet again he resumed the action of a patient wait, till they were ashore again.

11. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen lowered herself into the dingy attached to the side of the ship and waited for Shann to follow her.

"We can have some ale after practice M'Lord."

Waen loosed the ties that held the dingy and let it slide away from the ship. She guided the small craft toward the next ship in line, making sure that the lead line didn't tangle. The lead line was to haul them back, when they were finished. Once aboard the practice ship, as she called it, she went and retrieved a few of her weapons. Then stood mid ship and took aim at the target with her bow. She loosed several arrows quickly and was pleased that they all hit the mid mark of the target. One of her arrows even splitting another in two.

"Would you care to tarry with me M'lord? I am new at learning a sword."

12. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Shann gave a quick glance down at his sword belt holding two curved blades, hinting that a confrontation with him was not advisable. He then went to fetch his longbow from the hold along with his arrows. Taking three from the quiver he let the first fly straight at the centre of the target, the second almost in the exact same place. When the third arrow was drawn and ready to fire, Shann paused, then set his aim a bit higher and loosed the arrow. It flew straight over the target and before anyone doubted the shot a screach was heard, the arrow had pinned a seagul to the wood of the ship, just as it was taking flight. Shann gave a smirk.

"It is always much more pleasant when the target is live and moving, and much better practice"

With that he placed his longbow down and removed his long cloak. Then he lowered his hands to his sides. In a quick motion the two razor sharp scimitars were spinning in the air fluidly in Shann's hands, moving with such precision one could only assume he was ambidextrous.

"If you still wish to test your sword skills I am ready, but you should be very careful, for I never trained to hold back my blade when a fatal strike can be made."

13. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Waiting so long, had its limits even on a Shinobi. Chisan could sit many more hours, but patientce was not one of his great virtues as his former master told him. Standing up, he decided he would take a little look around the ship as so to familiarise himself. Channeling his chakra energy, he used a small amount of it, to unlock the door, as he slipped thrugh the door like a shadow.

Combing the shadows, he made his way around the ship, memorising the different rooms at a glance. Memory of your surrounding at first glance was one of the vital things a shinobi needed to learn. Although it was day, there were many shadows created by obsolete objects, in which he could easily use his chakra to hide in. Going to the edge of the ship, he looked over, to see a small boat, with the woman he saw earlier aswell as the man. The man was deftly handling two scimitars. Chisan smiled to himself. THe man may be good, but how can he defend against what he could not see.

After watching the man handle his blade, Chisan slipped back through the shadows, back to the store room, where he would wait until night, where he could walk around a bit more freely.

14. aule

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thrain was standing there watching Shann handle his blades and gave a thought to his own blades and took them out to begin a practice session... it isn't as complex as Shann's, but it (his skills) had always gotten the job done...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2004
  15. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen stared at the prince and grimaced a little at his comment.

"I would like to learn from you, for it seems that you are a master of the art. Fear not about forsaking a fatal blow, for I will not be killed, but I can be wounded. I am the last of a long forgotten bloodline, and my death is not to happen this day or any day soon. I know when it will be and by whose sword it is to be."

Waen stepped back a few steps and took her stance, then a strange feelings came over her. She looked around still trying to keep Shann in her sites as well. When this practice session was over, she would resolve this feeling. If not right away, at least after supper.

"I am ready M'Lord."

16. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    "HA! I do so love talk of fate, It sweetens the challenge, so be it then"

With both swords arched by his sides, the prince slowly stalked towards waen, malice pounding behind his eyes. With a spin of his right weapon he flailed it towards her and drew her blade to his, and with the other scimitar he swung it up to meet her throat, halting it abruptly and smirking.

"Talk of fate will not deter your enemies, nor will any bold statements, all you can do is better them with your skills"

With his right hand Shann threw his sword away, its blade plunged into the mast of the ship, and as he transferred the other sword to his right hand he drew it away from Waens throat.

"perhaps it is better that we begin on more even terms, just for you to gain speed, but remember, an enemy will never submit to fairplay unless they are a fool, a true combatant will strike at every chance, remember that. Now! Attack!"

Shann waited for her to approach.

17. Chrissy

Chrissy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    (ooc: sorry for my absence)
    Alia sat in her cabin, the sea gulls screaming their endless cries outside. Her room smelled of the ocean, she could almost taste the salt in the air. She was wearing a royal robe, her hair hung loosely down her back, it was newly washed. The Princess held a book in her hand. A book written in the language of their native people. It's deep-red leather-wrapped cover had the main title eched into it, the book it self was heavy. Alia didn't even hear her brother entering the room.

18. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen gromaced as he took his edge from her throat. She knew he would be a good master, but also knew he would not share all of his training with her. But he would still be a good master of the art.

"Aye M'Lord. I will try harder."

Waen took a stance she had seen other fighters use often and practiced with her balance. Then when she thought she had the right of it, she lunged forward. As she suspected he parried her effortlessly and having thrown herself off balance she flew past him to land hard on the deck. She got up and dusted herself off and turned back to him.

"Well, that was stupid. I thought it would work, but as you have shown me, it didn't. Can we try this again later? I have other details to atttend to."

Waen walked over to her pack and started for the dingy and then turned back.

"Are you coming back with me or would you like me to send the digy back for you later? There is ale down in the galley here."

19. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    "Well, as you are depriving me of more sport I will have to quench my thirst to pass the time, I shall be in the galley if I am needed"

As waen went back to the other ship Shann walked down to the ships galley, finding a few lazy sailors and the cook. Grabbing a mug from the shelf and pouring himself a drink he left without a word and went down to the ships hold. This was the ship where the weapons were stored, it would do him good to find out what arms his new friends were bearing. With a quick fiddle at the lock with his tools the door was open and he inspected he contents. Swords, spears, shields, bows and numerable other items. Nothing he couldnt handle if needs be, which reminded him of his contacts.

Returning the door to its locked state he went back to the main deck, and as anticipated, the hawk had landed on the bow of the ship. Walking over and making sure none watched he took the note from its talon and read it, after he noted down a few instructions and let the bird fly. Then he found a place to sit and drank his ale while relaxing to the sway of the ocean.

20. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen boarded the Flagship and headed for her room, she opened her pack and looked at its contents. She would need to go back down to the store room and get some ore herbs for her healing powders. She left her room and went below deck and had her hand o the storeroom door when she got a feeling that raised the heair on the back of her neck. She thought of her so called practice with Shann earlier and smiled as she grabbed her bracers that held her throwing knives. Arrow and knives she was great at, swords would need more practice. Waen squared her shoulders and entered the room. She walked over to her herb boxes and started looking for what it was she needed. The feeling welled in her now. She grabbed what she needed and turned quickly. Knive in hand yet hidden.

"I can feel you here, I will bring you to no harm if you are a stow away, but I will put you to work for your passage."

Waen walked to the door and locked it behind her, whoever was in here was locked in with her and not getting out past her either.