RPG #2 - The Search for the Last Oracle

Discussion in 'RPG #2 - The Search for the Last Oracle' started by Nienor, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Chrissy

Chrissy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "Oh yes," Alia whispered and tried not to look at Halken. His bright eyes were intense with wonderment and she knew that if she looked at him, she would crack. But well, eventually he would find out. "They're fine," Alia said and finally looked at him with her rich brown orbs. Halken raised an eye brow, as he finally got the point. Clearing his throat, he leaned further in. "They don't know you're here, do they?" Alia glanced around and half-smiled. "Eh, no..."

2. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Halken laughed and then leaned back in his chair.

"My dear sister you always were one to break the rules, even when we were young, naughty girl!, does anyone know that you have followed me or do we expect to have search parties after you?"

3. waenlotien

waenlotien Healer/ Magicuser

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen lostened to all the small talk now happeneing around her table. It was the recent newcomer who bothered her though. Her magic could sense there was something more to him, something dark maybe sinester even. She picked yup her ale and then cleared her throat and swallowed the kewl liquid. When she set the glass down, all eyes were now on her.

"I own these ships and I welcome you to come aboard them and sail under my flags. Though on my ships, you will follow my orders. It is no consequence to me wether you go or not, but I knew you were coming. As you will learn on the ship, my crew will attess to this, I am a sorceress. The Oracle, if found, will not go with any that comes with me, it has its purpose in things. If any of you disagree with this, speak now."

Waen lifted her glass again and took another drink. Her eyes going to each at her table waiting for them to say anything,

4. Chrissy

Chrissy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "My maid knows where I am," Alia quietly said as the people around the table started talking again. Waen had just nodded as there were no objections to her reasoning. Alia herself had excepted the terms as soon as she realized whom it was that she would travel with. Halken smirked and shook his head. "Your maid? You think that was wise? I mean, your maid isn't excactly the brightest thing alive." Alia raised an eyebrow. "Then our father should know by now where I am. Mother should be able to keep him home," she said and laughed shortly.

5. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    "Well sourceress, so the Oracle it is that you are after. Indeed, I can see the use of this mighty object in these days of Darkness. And we shood take up this quest, for the hope that lies in it, to turn the Tides of Darkness, if we aren't too late already..."

Then Mohrea arose, proud, for a moment, even tough his brown, worn cloak wasn't a match to the garments of the people surrounding him.

"It is against my nature to bind myself to any lord, man or woman, but times like these require unusual actions... I, Morea, will follow Waenlothien in her quest to find The Oracle. My arrows will protect you and whomsoever will follow and aid you and will do so, untill The End, whatever that holds for me."

6. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Halken looks up "I forgot, My father sends you a mighty gift Waenlotien"

Halken pulls out of his bag a small glass orb.

"This is a light orb, When enemis are near it amits a whit glow"

He hnads waenlotien the orb "My father says keep it safe as its power is still un-known"

7. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Shann thought to himself how insulting this was, he was a prince and soon he would be king of all Acronia, he would not bow to this woman, but for the oracle, he was willing to compromise.

As was the custon of his people Shann unsheithed one of his Scimitars and held the blade against his palm, clenching his fist around it he pulled the blade out, blood trickled from the seams of his hand. Opening it and holding it out before Waen he said.

"My Blood Is My Oath, My Scar A Seal Of Honour, My Path Goes With You . I am Prince of Acronia, I will come with you on this quest, and should the need arise, I will summon soldiers from my homeland. For this time I will abide by your rules, but I will NOT be spoken down to, none are my superiors save my father and you are not him, I will stand as equals at most."

Shann took a cloth as wiped the blood from his left hand and wrapped it round it as a bandage, waiting for a reply.

8. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    *His hand reached out to touch what was the birghtest white light, and caress it. The light pulsated to the beat of his heart, as it called out to him...*

Chisan's body jerked into a sitting position, and he bounded out of his sleep. This was not the first time the Oracle called to him. It wanted to be found, to be saved, to b given to another. The last caused a slight pang of jealousy for he would do all the work yet it owuld not be for him, but he knew he should not feel it.

Getting to his feet, Chisan packed away what was the smallest of camps, a cloth for a bed, and the smallest fo fires to heat his food. Chisan had gone out, ever since the Oracle called out to him, leaving his village of Shinobis, and being outlawed from there as a traitor. He felt a bit lonely, but he knew that he must find the Oracle. Wrapping his head scarf around him, he checked his Kunai's and Shurikens, and Sai all automtically, and swiftly set out through the trees, as silently as he was trianed. No one knew of his skill, for they were already dead, and he knew that stealth was on his side, and he could put it to good use.

He made his way, heading towards a harbour town, for he knew the beginning of his jouney was across the sea.

9. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen took the gift from Halken and tucked it into her cloak.

"Tell you father upon your next meeting, that I thanks him."

Waen turned to his sister.

"Fear not little one, We will be gone before your father reaches here, besides he would let you travel with me. I know this of him."

Waen then looked up at Shann.

"Thank you my prince. Though I would not expect you to "bow" down to me, I would expect your respect and honor as you have just pledged. I did not mean it to sound as if I was talking down to you."

Waen took a bite of her bread and then held up her mug.

"For the job that we are about to do, I respect you all. Please, let us drink on our pact and then head for the ships. There are others already waiting aboard."

Waen took the last drink from her ale and then stood up.

10. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Finishing the ale in his mug Shann got up.

"You have my respect and honour while you remain in charge of such a perilous mission. Before we depart I must fetch my belongings from my horse, I left it away from the town out of fear of brigands and thieves"

With that the prince left the grotty inn and headed for the shoreline, following it for a minute or two he came to a horse some bundles, atop them perched a hawk. Shann took a piece of paper from the bundles and a quill, scratching some words onto the paper he placed it in a capsule at the hawks talon, and let it fly. He then took his logbow and arrows, his "tools" and the last of his supplies, then walked back to the boats leading his horse.

11. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Halken watched the man leave already who knew who he'd try to avoid, he stood up and took his sisters hand "Come lets go to the shore" she nodded and the two left the comfortable inn, halken thanked the innkeeper as they left.

As they made their way tot the shore halken thought of home and wondered when they would see it again.

12. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    While all others headed for the shore, Mohrea remained silently. He took the last of his remaining ale and stood up. Slowly he walked to the door and in stead of heading towards the boats, he disappeared into the shadow of an alley. It didn't take him long to return from the shadows; he returned with a longbow over his left shoulder, he hid it for the time he was in the Red Slipper. Only after taking a glance at the forrest, that streched behind the town did he return to the group. He felt ready for the adventure that lay before him.

13. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen walked over to the keep and then paid him extra for his help. She gave him a simple smile and walked out into the fresh blow of sea air. She followoed the others to her ships and then walked up the gangway. She went to a table that she had in the aft area, and started to write notes upon it. Actually it was names, who was to stay in which cabin during their down time.

"This ship is know as the Eareon. This one has very nice cabins for you each to enjoy. Halken, if you don't mind, I gave you and your sister adjoining rooms."

She looked up at the pthers and pointed to the ship that was to their aft.

"That ship there is for your animals and larger items to be stowed. Also, the shift on the starboard side has extra rooms and that is where the majority of our supplies are to be stored. Mainly weapons, you can wear simple weapons aboard, but I prefer you leave them there. Sea going for a period of time and do things to spme poeples minds. As you will see, I have written your names in cabins. PLease go stow your things and return to your cabins so that we may catch this days tide. Is there any questions?"

14. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Shann lead his horse aboard the ship where the animals were kept, being sure it was safe he took his longbow and stored it in the starboard ship. Finally he returned to the main ship and found his cabin, it was small and dank, and made Shann very dissatisfied.

He returned to the main deck and looked out over the sea, suddenly the hawk appeared on the rail, it had been flying close to the sea line to avoid detection. Quickly and quietly Shann took the note from the capsule at its talon, he smiled briefly before writing dwon a few more characters and letting the hawk go again.

15. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Chisan watched from the shadows, as man let a hawk fly near his horse, and made his way to the docks. Easily slipping through the shadows, he made his own way to the docks, as he looked for a ship to board.

Upon reaching the docks, he saw a ship where a few people were bording. He quickly made his way to the water's edge, as he stlipped into a small row boat, and rowed to the side of the ship. He saw a few of the ship's workmen, and slipped past them into a loading room for the cargo, where he intended to hide for the journey.

16. doleniel

doleniel Elven High Priestess

surrounded by idiots with no hope of escape
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    *Sumerin moved about her forest glade, quickly gathering clothes and supplies and putting them into boat packs. She knelt near her boat and stowed her packs in the small cabinet seat by the tiller. As she rose, she reeled with dizziness. The she could sense the great unbalance in the forces of nature and they made her feel sick to her stomach. .:Toughen up, Sumerin:. she thought. .:It will only get worse as you get nearer:. Recovering from her dizzy spell, she walked over to her home and spoke a strange word. The house would stay securely locked until she returned. This finished, she returned to the riverside and stepped into the river as she pushed the boat out into the current. She deftly leapt over the side as the current caught her small craft and she grabbed the tiller to steer away from the banks. The rivier was swift, so she did not yet loose the sail. She was on her way to balance the energies, with help or without it.*

OOC: If you are confused, read the character thread. In fact read it anyway. Always read profiles! Note: At this point in time, Sumerin is nowhere near the rest of the group. So don't try to interact yet!

Last edited: May 26, 2004
  17. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    The dismal shoreline was depressing, and the grotty boats were no better. Shann walked over to Waen.

"What is taking this expedition so long? We should be well on our way by now. The longer we wait the less chance we have of meeting our goal before the tide of the world meets it. Clearly no more are coming.

Shann could not wait to be on the other side of this stretch of festering water, he despised boats and sailing for their crued nature, sitting around on one that had not even left the dock was almost insulting. The only thing that kept him from unsheithing his blades in anger was the hope of the oracle, it was worth a year of sea-faring.

18. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    "We are about to be away Shann. I wanted to talk with you first anyway. The cabin I set aside for you, is not the one you went to. You stowed your stuff in the coks quarters. He has placed them in the proper room now. I am just waiting for the tide mark and then we will be off."

Waen looked at her charts again and looked over her shoulder to her man at arms. He winked and gave the thumbs up, the water finally hit the correct markings. They were now to be off. Waen looked up at the lieutenant and gave a hands up and a wide wave.

" 'Eave 'ow maties, lets git this boats a movin. Time is on our side right now."

The crews scrambled across the dewcks and took their places. The anchor was stowed and the tiller was manned. For now just the light lines were lifted and the ships slowly headed to sea.

19. aule

aule The Smithy of the Valar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As she was speaking, thrain runs up and hastily asks whether he can join in the quest...

20. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Chisan felt a slight jolt as the boat left shore. He expected that, as he just caught the voice of a man who had given the crew an order to get moving. Patiently Chisan sat in the corner facing the small door that opened into the cargo room. He was practiclly invisble in the corner, where he could watch anyone pass by, and hear clearly through the wood the people on deck. They had better make quick sail, he had to get to his destination quickly.