RPG #2 - The Search for the Last Oracle

Discussion in 'RPG #2 - The Search for the Last Oracle' started by Nienor, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    In times of despair the group moves on. The world of Elysium has been ravaged by those of evil and ill will. The Last Oracle has called out to those who are of good spirit and soul, it wants to be found, it needs to be found.
    The time is drawing near and the Oracle spits out images of where it is being held captive. There is a grand dark tower and water. Is it on an Island? Or maybe by the sea?

The group gathers up and heads to the ocean, there they meet a warrior who has been awaiting their arrival, she has several ships at the ready to make their journey.

Created by Waenlotien :)

2. waenlotien

waenlotien Healer/ Magicuser

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waenlotien left her ship and told the captain that she would be at the Red Slipper Inn. She knew there were to be others coming asking for her help, but they had not arrived as of yet. She had seen it in a dream. She walked into the Inn and went to the keep.

"I'll have an ale please. If anyone comes for me, I'll be in my usuall corner."

She grabbed her drink and threw a coin on the counter. She walked over to her table and sat down, she placed her back against the wall so she could keep an eye on the door.

3. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Shann walked down to the shore where he saw the ships and several figures, this must be the place.

In the last town back he had met a man moaning of foresight, normally the travelling prince would ignore such petty drunken fools, but when he spoke of the oracle Shann's eyes glazed. He had taken the man to a dark corner and questioned him on the vision. After obtaining every dram of knowledge from the scared mans mind, he killed him with pleasure.

The oracle would be a mighty tool for Prince Shann Demuro of Acronia, when his feeble father finally passed away he could use it to hold an omnipotent fist above the peasants. Also, the rumours of the peoples saviour could be ended, if Shann could bring the peasants their saviour's head. But that meant finding him. For nearly fourteen years the fool had been gone off in the world, and the oracle would find help Shann find him.

Now heading towards the ships, Shann laughed at how easy it was to get here, if only the fools ahead knew what his real intentions were. Shrugging away his plot, he cleared his mind, and stepped up next to the boat trying to seem sincere.

4. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen was sitting at her table in The Red Slipper. She saw a man entered and look around. He noticed her sitting in her chair and looked as if he wanted to go over to her, but didn't. Waen smiled, most who knew of her knew of her magic as well. Waen got up from her seat and walked to the bar, to stand next to him. She looked over at him and smiled.

"My name is Waenlotion, most call me Waen. Are you perhaps looking for me?"

5. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    The young man looked at her "Yes it is likely that I am" The young man looked very young like he was 18 or so but in reality he was 25 he was very fair and had blod short hair and light blue eyes "I am Halken My father, King Vorondil sent me too you to help you, I believe you already know my father"

6. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen smiled, in her ages upon this place she had met him a few times. They were good friends and worthy opponets to all against them.

"Yes, I know him. You have come to the right place my son. With all my visits to your father, it is a shame I have not seen you before. But the last time I was there, your mother was away, so mayhap you were with her. Where are my manners? Keep give the lad a drink and refill me one as well. Come sit with me Halken, we have plenty to talk about."

Waen grabbed her drink and headed toward the table.

7. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    The door of the Inn opened once more, this time a man in dire need of a bath and new clothes, not to mention a shave, walked in. He headed straight for the bar and asked the tender:
    "Ale, your cheapest". The bartender gave him a glance and answered.
    "What makes you believe I've got Ale in more fashions than one... and what makes me believe that you are going to pay for it?". The shabby man flipped a silver coin onto the bar and the bartender tapped a pint out of the barrel.
    "So... what's new, lately?" asked the stranger.
    "The usual... this is a harbor, many things happen..." On that moment the stranger caught a glimpse of a beautifull lady, sitting in a more obscure corner.
    "Who is she?"
    "She's Waenlothien, she often comes here, but..." The barman coudn't finish his, the stranger left the bar, and walked slowly to the lady's table. He looked at her, longer than was normally custom of a stranger to a lady ignoring the presence of the noble man, sitting next to her. Then slowly he said:
    "Something is brewing, things are going to change, are changing as we are here. Whether for good or for bad, I cannot tell, yet, I have got the feeling you know more about the things I speak of. Forgive me lady, can you tell what is going on?" It went queit. For a moment the bearded stranger looked away from the eyes of the lady, focussing on his feet.
    "Forgive me once more, my name is Mohrea".

8. waenlotien

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Waen looked up at him as he spoke. His eyes told her he meant her no harm or ill will. He also had more behind what he was, under the grime of being on the road.

"Mohrea. It is nice to meet you. Please, sit and join us. Tell me what more you know, mayhap I can share what I know."

Waen looked over at Halken who had kicked out a chair for the new comer. Waen reached over and grabbed his arm and smiled.

"I shall be right back."

Waen got up and went over to the bar, talked with the keep and then returned.

"I have arranged for a meal to be brought over to us, fresh tankards of ale and a room is going to be prepared for you as well Morea."

Waen picked up her mug and eyed both men with a smile.

"May our luck hold strong and our stories be many."

9. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    "To luck and stories" answered Mohrea. "And thank you for your hospitality."

He took a sib of his ale. Slowly he seemed to relax, either due to or despite to the presence of Waen. He took a deap breath and spoke.

"My knowledge of recent developments are little, for I abide in Nature. But change is in the air, by chance or design, I saw a deer with foal, and that is not normal, it being the third Moon of the Going of the Sun. Clearly, it must be a sign, a symbol of hope in these days of sorrow... Yet also of helplessness. And then there is this strong wind, that persists for days now, coming from the sea. Change is in the air. Powerfull elements are at work,"

"But the strangest of all, came to me in the night, while I was asleep. A dream, both of Light and Darkness. There I was, standing in total darkness, yet before a strong sphere of radiance and Light. The emptyness made me frightfull, yet the radiance made it more than bearable. It spoke to me: Seek me out! Seek me out! That was the moment I woke up. I decided to walk and took to the Harbour."

"And that takes me to here, the Inn is normally the quickest way to rumours and news, and your presence struck my attention. Somehow, I've go the felling you are the one that can tell me best, what is going on."

Mohrea took another sib of his ale and turned his attention to Halken for the first time. Slowly he took to him the image of the proud man sitting next to him.

"And what is your story, what is your part in the play? Forgive me for being so direct, the customs and manners of the civilised men are faded in my memory, but the presence of such a Lordship in this Inn must be a rare sight... What is your name and errand?

10. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Halken turns to the man and smiled "Don't worry My father is the same" Halken leaned forward and rested his elbows on the table "Well My father, King Vorondil is close freinds with Waenlotian, she has helped him many times before and he has yet to repay her...until now. He learnt of Waens mission and he sent me to assist her in any way that I can."

Halken took a sip of his drink and made a strage face "Sorry its just that I am not usually acustomed to such a strong drink"

11. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0

12. Chrissy

Chrissy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A dark haired woman made her way into the inn, her dark eyes carefully glancing around for familiar faces. She was wearing a long dark coat made out of leather, her knee high boots covered in day-old mud. She had come a long way. Several men looked at her with fascination in their eyes, but her cold gaze made them turn away.

The man Halken was talking to suddenly looked up at someone that stood behind Halken. Turning around, Halken starred at the face of his sister, Alia. She flashed a victorious smile. "Did you really think that our father would let you take off by your self?"

13. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Halken looked up at his fair sister and smiled "Alia" he said as he got up. "My dear sister, you have always been the one to have the last word even when we were young" Halken got up and wandered over to his sister he hugged her gently.

tTo the others it seemed that Alia was older than Halken as halken only looked 19 even though he was really 24 and she 23.

"When did you arrive? are you alright, your journey was safe I hope?"

14. Chrissy

Chrissy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alia looked at her older brother and smiled tiredly. "I've just arrived," she said and yawned silently. Her journey had in fact been safe.. too safe for Alia. She prefered action, along with her brother, as opposed to her mother. "Yes it was safe," she said and gave Halken a look of boredom.

Laughing together the siblings turned towards the man at the table.

15. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Mohrea looked up from his ale and stared at the two for a second. He stroke his beard and said in a calm voice:

"Strange, indeed are the times in which a King sends forth both his sun and daughter. His gain in this... unfolding mystery must be great... Great indeed..."

"Miss Alia, I am Mohrea, of forgotten blood and adopted by Nature. Now please princess, tell us why you have come in aid of your brother... Is there a part to play for yet another woman?"

He looked at her through his brushy eyebrows and after a prief pause he mumbled

"Interesting... Interesting..."

"Oh, and don't withhold the stories of how you came to this isolate place unharmed"

Then he looked to Waenlothien, who wasn't so suprised of the arrival of the princess. On the contrary, she smiled, while she put the tankard to her mouth once again, with one eye still fixed on the door.

16. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Hastled by the abscence of action at the boats, Shann took the advice of the captain and headed to the tavern where the lady was waiting. This was frustrating, he could not wait to see the oracle and if the leader of this expedition was delaying for a mere drink then he would not be pleased.

Shann Demuro walked into the Red Slipper and over to the bar. Glancing at the innkeeper he spoke

"Where are they? the strangers come for afar?"

The Innkeeper gave a quizical responce, feeling insulted by the young mans rude tone.

Shann shot his arm out and grabbed the fat man by his collar, pulling him closer with incredible strength and pushing his head against the wooden surface.

"You would do well to answer a prince hastily instead of acting like a fool. Now tell me where they are and get me a drink of your finest ale, in a clean mug. Fail and I shall slay thee!"

Shann let the man go and he pointed to a corner where four were conversing. He walked over and put on innocent eyes and a smile, then he spoke.

"Greetings I am Shann Demuro, Prince of Acronia, I have been called to this place by visions in my dreams of an orb of light"

He quickly regurgitated the knowledge he had robbed from the man a fewdays ago.

17. Chrissy

Chrissy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alia, who had taken a position beside her brother looked up at the newly arrived. Quite the temper, this one she thought and glanced at Waen. The woman sent her a court smile and raised one eye brow. Alia took a sip of her cup and let the cold substance slide down her throat. The reason she hadn't revealed the reason for her being her, was that her father didn't know that she had followed Halken all the way from their home land. As a woman, she wasn't supposed to travel abroad to far countries and take on yet another adventure. Yet, she always managed to land herself right in the middle of them. This one just another excample.

18. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Mhorea looked at the newcomer. His short stature was highly compensated by the fire in his eyes. Yet another nobleman of high descent... the evening became ever more interesting, he thought. And where the rest of the royalty looked the most like deer, the new Prince had the temper of a wolf, not afraid to flash his teeth. He took a mental note to be cautious with the newcomer. Then Mohrea drew Shann's attention and said slowly:

"and so you seem not the only one with visions... what do you make of it, Prince?"

19. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Halken leaned back in his chair and glanced over to his sister,

"You seem a little distant, is anything wrong? is father allright? is mother?"

Halken could see that Alia was not telling him somthing, he knew his sister all too well.

20. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Intrigued by the scruffy mans response, Shann decided to play along.

"I have heard tales of such things, The great Oracles. I know near nothing of them but i am sure this thing that has brought us here is one. It is told that they were all lost from this world long ago. obviously this is not so. We must fing it, so that some deviant does not use it for his own ends"

Shann smiled inside at those words and looked around at the scum at the table. Two women, two men, an easy victory, but it would be better to use their own foolishness agaisnt them. Like pawns they would bring him to the oracle and he was willing to let them breath while they were useful to him. He acted friendly and sat with them while the innkeeper brought his drink.