RPG # 17 - War of the Coming Age

Discussion in 'RPG #17 - War of the Coming Age' started by Nienor, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Since the beging of mankind's history, the forces of evil have waged war on the world. But the last war in the 1100's, a man named St. Louis was able to lead the forces of good and banish evil to the Abyss. It was well known that they would one day break free, so a military group called the Inquistion was created by St. Louis and every since they have been preparing. Now in the year 2066, the time has finally come, and this time, it will not be a secret war faught between religous armies and evil, the entier world will be drawn in, and only time will tell if it will come out.

Created by - Lord Croanan

2. Lord_Croanan

Lord_Croanan King and Conquerer

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Flames shot out of the darkness and arched around and around untill they eventually went out, than burst back up agian in a brilliant display of horror. Screams and moans echoed around the infinate space that seemed to engulf everything in a canopy of death. This, was the Abyss. Lenin Von Stragg's essence weaved around impatiently as did thousands of other forces of darkness, all in front of a glowing red seal marked in a long forgotten language. The time had come. How long had they been waiting? A hundred years? A thousand? It did not matter, the seal was weakening. Finally a great sound like a million voices talking at once exploded out, and the seal waved and rippled. Flames and Light shot out and cracks appeared all along the seal, and soon the markings began to fade. Suddenly, in less than a nano secound, everything dissapeared, and the seal imploded. In its place was a gaping hole, blacker than the darkest night, and shimmering. The other entities raced around in confusion, lesser daemons and vampires Von Stragg regarded with contempt, he had been prepared, checking his hex's one last time, he raced forward and plunged through to the mortal world.

At first all he could see was himself in darkness, and then, a flash of brillian red. For a fleeting momente, Lenin could see a couple of the other stronger and more powerful creatures who had entered with him, the bloodletter daemon and several witches, and some of his own vampire kin. Then the world flashed again and he became a vampire in body, and not just spirit.

Upon first entering the mortal world, Lenin Von Stragg took a breath, and fell to the ground in pain. Fire raced through his body and his skin exploded in agony. He could feel his life already diminishing, his organs withering and his mind reeling. He had to hold on to something, but what was the cause of his pain? He dared opened his eyes and than shut them quickly. The sun. It was so bright and powerful, the earth had changed, it must have. He could not take much more light, it was piercing his very soul. Summing up streangth, he rose and stumpled forth into more light. Finally, he sensed darkness, or at least less light. With the last ounce of his streangth he through himself forward and landed on the side of a rock, sliding down into the ground. In the shade of the boulder, Lenin was able to breath again. Drawing on some spells he remembered, he began the long work of repairing his body. Soon, the dreaded sun set, and his pain left him. After a couple more hours, he was completely healed and prepared to conquer the pathetic world.

The first thing that struck him about this odd world was the amount of beach that covered everywhere. In fact, everything was sand, as far as the eye could see. Von Stragg was used to the beaches of France, it had seemed he was in a new place. With one more regard of his surroundings, the vampire lord changed into a gaint fell beast and flew off in search of a meal. Finally, he felt life, and swept down into what appeared to be a destroyed village. He landed changed into his humaniod form, and spotted people. One of them screamed and backed away, the others emmidiatly held up strange sticks. They oddest thing was that their skin was incredably dark, not the european paleness he was used to seeing. He whipped out his broadsword and took a step forward. Suddenly his left lower arm exploded and bits of his shoulder flew off. Lenin lowered his head in suprise, and quickly looked up again. His vampire eyes had seen several peices of metal burst forth from the sticks, like a crossbow with small pepples. They were very effective weapons, but none the less, the fun would begin.

Von Stragg jumped up several yards and landed on one of the humans, crushing his skull. Two more he dispatched with his broadsword, and a forth he brought down with a throwing star. Finishing off the rest, he surveyed his work. He was a bit rusty, and after he healed his arm, he would have to do something about the other dead people in the village. Saying a spell and drawing a circle in the sand, he raised up thirty or more humans into the air. They rotated and than turned black, thier skin becoming like blacked strands of rope, and thier fingers tuning into 9 inch claws. Thier heads slowing became long, like a worms, and their eyes disspeared, Lenin Von Stragg had created Flayed Ones, and he was prepared to conqure this land. Quickly, he set a pace and marched with his group of deadly zombies to find a place of shade before the cursed sun.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lord_Croanan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    New York City glistened in the night, its skyscapers and highrise condos dominating the skyline. In a suburb on the west side, a patrol car rolled past the decaying buildings, looking for a possible bust.

"I dunno Louis, how bout them yankees?"
    Louis Darny gave his partner Mark a punch to the shoulder. "We don't talk about the yankees in this car bud"
    Mark smiled and leaned back, gazing at his watch. He looked out the window and emmiatly jerked foward.
    "Fudge Louis, stop the car!" The car breaked and Mark jumped out and began running to a large crowd at the entrance to an ally. Louis checked the car and got out to, running after. The two policemen arrived at the scene and began pushing people out of the way.
    "Probably was a shooting" Louis thought to himself as he pulled a kid aside.

When they finally arrived, Mark let out a curse and Louis just stopped. The entire back wall of the ally was smeared in blood, with several dismembered limbs laying around. Louis couldnt tell whether there were three victems or more, it was all one gory mess. Mark began going foward but Louis hesitated, a growing horror began to shape in his gut. He was one of three policemen on the force that secretly worked for the Inquistion, and this murder was either Newyorks first chainsaw massacure or something worse.
    "Louis, check this out!" Mark was tugging on a chain coming out of a dumpster. it lettering all over it and was vibrating.
    "Mark!" Was all Louis had time to yell as the top of the dumpster was thrown aside and an arm reached out. Louis's partner only had time to gasp before his head was crushed into a pulp.

The crowd screached and ran back. Louis whipped out his gun and opened fire on the hand. The rest of the thing jumbed out and Louis let out a whimper. All his training at the Inquistions fortress in Rome couldnt have readied him for this. He had seen zombies on TV and movies, but to actually see the remains of a once living person lumber at you, well thats scary. Louis emptied his gun and instead of re-loading, he pulled out a throwing knife in the shape of a cross and tossed it. His aim was true and the zombie let out a cry as its flesh began to burn. Louis threw several more holy knifes at it and then moved to his partner.

Mark was a bloody mess, Louis could barly look. Just as he was about to call in, a noise emmited from the dumpster. Turning around, he was thrown back against the wall by a great wind. Before him hovered a thing in white, ripped, robes, long hair poking out of the holes in the hood. Louis's mind blanked, fighting a zombie and a banshee was not on the list of ways to lower you cholestrol. The banshee held out its hand and Louis was thrown back against the wall, breaking several ribs in the proccess. Gasping for breath, he pulled out a small pistol from his jacket. It was a speacilzed gun with three bullets in it. Louis was unsure if these where the right kind, it didnt really matter, he was about to die anyway. Throwing out his arm, he took a secound to aim and opened fire. The first bullet missed, but the secound one hit the banshees chest and the third took off its arm. It shrieked and fell down, slowing shrinking. Louis moaned and got out his walkie talkie.
    "Agent Sparrow to HQ, Agent Sparrow to HQ, I'm going to need medical assistance and a good Witchhunter."
    "Copy that Agent Sparrow, a helicopter is on its way"

4. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Vincent sped down the streets till he got to his destination, 4th and Applebom, Los Angles. A force of abyss creatures had been said to be spotted here. Vince was a operative for the U.S group, SPADE, which had been created to stop this sort of thing, once the threat of these creatures had been realised. Vince and his partners, Jeff and Tony, sneaked slowly down the open street. Suddenly the came to a building, or at least what had been a building, burnt to the ground. Around the ruins were wrecked cars and many dead humans, all of them queerly killed it some odd fashion. Suddenly in the corner of his eye Vincent saw movement. Raising his weapon he shot of a couple of rounds, in a crazed fashion. When he saw what he done he swore. A bloodly carcasses of a squeril lay were the supposed monster had been. "Nice job, X-man" Tony remarked.

Vince shot him a chilling stare. But then he just cracked up. They then continued investagating to get any clues.

5. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    The sun was setting and the urban world of NY was starting settle down and prepare for another busy day tomorrow. Well… the average person at least. Everyone knew of the wild night life which bloomed with the setting sun, but very few knew of the tiny population that only existed and thrived in the darkness. Xan, of course, not only knew about these true beings of darkness… she also has quite a few of them on MSN.

Yup, they should be coming online anytime now, Xan thought. She, herself had got up around one pm and had been working in her giant loft of an apartment all day…. This building had to be one of her best investments. Yes, the shoddy apartment building rising like a giant rotten stump in the heart of NY was owned under Xan herself, she used the entire top floor and the roof, and she rented out the rest to tenants for dirt cheap. This way, they couldn’t complain if she cranked her music or was causing small explosions in her own home. The loft itself was the strangest mess anyone would have ever seen. There were no actual walls to the place, (except for the bathroom) which, would have given the place a major open-concept feeling if it wasn’t for the huge amount of different shelves which doubled as both storage units and room dividers. Each shelf was filled… mostly with books (Harry Potter, Advanced Alchemy, Garfield, Advanced Engineering, Hacking Manuals, X-Men Comics, and tomes of demonic lore and ancient spells just to name a few titles found on any given shelf), and here and there a knick knack item of either ancient, comical, powerful, beautiful, or technological value to it. If there was a blank space that was not filled with books or… whatever, it was plastered with sketches and designs of Xan’s latest ideas, (lightsabers, Gundams [technological Iron Golems], phase compression rifle, and a way to plug the i-net directly into the brain just to name a few) which were surrounded with mathematical/magical equations, arrows pointing out certain problems, and a few names on who to call about the invention in general. Of course, all her truly valuable stuff was on a tiny “upstairs balcony” as she liked to call it… even though it looked more like a rod-iron fire escape which wrapped around the loft and had ladders going to the loft floor and the roof. Here, along the walls were her true works of art, most of them dangerous and powerful, and a small architectural table in the corner where she usually brewed up her ideas.

Xan herself was in the “computer room” where four different of monitors (each one of various age) showed her both plans for her next invention, and her latest e-mails. Her two Rotties, Mutt and Grump were on the floor behind her, fighting over a nearly indestructible sock with two hamburger patties inside. The new invention looked ok… but would the plasma screens hold up against all that magical pressure? Xan was (for what seemed like the millionth time) searching for more ways to reinforce her new toy when, to her relief, people were starting to pop online. In a matter of minutes, she was having three conversations at the same time:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Vice - BITE ME! says:
    WOO! IT’S THE BEGINNING OF THE END!! VAMPS WILL FINALLY RULE!!! BLOOD RAVE AT MY PLACE!!!

Xan – Wickety Wickety What? says:
    LOL! And yur telling me this… y?

Vice – BITE ME! says:
    In case u wanna come, of course.

Ummmm…. Last time I checked, blood raves were only for blood drinkers and I ain’t part of that exclusive circle, remember?

Vice – BITE ME! says:
    I could fix that ;)

~_~…. I kno this is difficult to get thru yur thick skull, but as I have said b4, I prefer to find my own way to immortality tyvm!

Vice – BITE ME! says:
    I kno, I kno… just… There’s a few rumors floating thru the vamp circles that things will be getting a bit…. interesting, soon. And I think it would be safer 4 U if you just joined the “dark side” once and for all

o_O…. care to elaborate on “interesting”

Vice – BITE ME! says:
    Blood… guts… war… I can’t tell u any more details... unless u join that is

Nah… I’ll just prep myself for the worst and go from there… thanks for the tipoff tho

Vice – BITE ME! says:
    np. man… yur either very brave or crazy

lol, both. But don’t worry, I ain’t stupid, I can take care of myself :) … u still coming tomorrow?

Vice – BITE ME! says:
    10pm? yeah, ill be there… hey, sry to cut u off… but if im planning a rave, I need to do a few preparations first.

K! c u later!

Vice – BITE ME! says:
    Bye

Vice may not respond because his status is set to Offline

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steph – May HE be with you. says:
    Hey

Hey! You’re usually not home at this time!

Yeah… let’s just say I got off work early today.

Hey! How’s the Exorcising anyway?! Hope u didn’t pinch any spiritual muscles :p

haha….. yeah… that’s kind of why I’m home early. I can’t seem to get it right! I mean, I got the easy stuff down: imps and the like, but every time I try something more difficult, something always goes wrong. :(

Wow, that sux.

Yeah, if it wasn’t for the fact that my mentor was with me today, I would be dead right now.

Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll get it.

thanks. I needed that… so, how’s the latest project?

:D Almost done!! Tomorrow is the field test. (wish me luck!) If nothing goes wrong, I’m sure you’ll be seeing a lot more of it in SPADE…. specially in yur little corner of the company.

And let me guess: we would also be sure to see it in the hands of the enemy as well, right?

Oh, come on now, that’s unfair. U kno that there is only two reasons why I make what I make 1) because no one else can (or… at leas has yet) 2) to support my a$$ and my lifestyle. Therefore, I have to sell to whoever will buy. Come on, its not like the magical market is a big one, I don’t really have a choice

Sry. yur right. Its just, u seem like such a nice person, yet you make such dangerous things!

hey, that’s just who I am

Speak about playing both sides, I advise you to check out the channel 6 news right now.

*watching* looks like another cover case for yur SPADErs…. dam.. and the next news story as well! I recognize them! this can’t be good…

Yeah… over half the news is us covering up the supernatural. Something’s happening, and all I know is that it means a lot of work and a lot of suffering. Not to mention how this will effect u.

~_~ when things go bad, yur boys either come for me asking for som new toys, or they start hunting me down so it looks like they’re doing something productive… thanks.

lol, np! just keep safe ok?

always do ;) .. gtg. Got lots of preparations to do tonite for my new toy and if I want to cover my arsenal.

ok, BYE

Xan may not reply because her Status is set to Offline.

Krazy Kultist – Sick of ppl calling u a knob? Then join the cult, and praise Bob! says:
    HEY!!!

Hey

Krazy Kultist – Sick of ppl calling u a knob? Then join the cult, and praise Bob! says:
    So, R we still on for tomorrow, 10pm?

Yup, and don’t forget to bring all yur summoning spells as yur the pro on them, ok?

yup… and I have a few other circle spells up my sleeve as well… is it ok if I try an untested spell as well?

sure! Wait… this better not be what I think it is.

^_^;

>_< dam u… look, we both are good at what we do, right? and we both searched our damdest right???? But for all our work, we couldn’t find any proof the existence of the elusive Chocobo, let alone how to summon the dam bird!

yeah, yeah…. but this time will be different, I swear!

fine… but don’t blame my new toy if it doesn’t work!

wouldn’t dream of it

ok… hey… I’m getting rumors that something is shaking up the magic underworld (check out channel 6) I advise u go to “bob” for counsel and go from there. I myself gtg… got lots of prep to do B4 tomorrow

Dam…. thanks for the heads up, ok, BYE

Xan may not reply because her Status is set to Offline.

Xan sat back after signing off from MSN and turning off the news. Something was happening, and yet again, she would have to play it smart to survive. With that, she turned up some slipknot to put her in a mood that suited the situation, and went back to work on her toy… and making sure all her other preparations were in order on the other screens.

6. Darth Qui-gon

Darth Qui-gon Man its good to be back

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    while in the abyss and Dante hopeing that one day he would get his chance to get St. Louis for banishing him to this place. All of a sudden he was thrown upward into a light that had never been there before. He kept going faster and faster towards this light then he was thrown out of this onto the solid ground. He had never felt the texture like this before. He stood up to see all these bright lights so that one would never know that it was dark outside. Then he saw 2 lights headed right for him and the moving object moved so that it would not hit him. The person behind this thing was shouting something, and then some one yelled to him.

" Get out of the street!" Dante was confuesd of where he was. He walked over to were the humans were all walking and then went into a dark ally. This is were a group of 3 humans came up to him and said

" Look here pal. This is our turf you better be leaving here before we make you leave"

Dante just stood there and thought to himself Umm it looks like its dinner time. He finished them off quickly and jumped into the air and Change into a flying creature to get away from all the lights and sounds. while in flight the sun started to raise and the skin began to burn. It was the worst pain Dante had ever felt. He flew into a barn and took shelter for the day. while in the barn he was able to feast on cows. when the sun began to go away he thought to himself. I have to find Lenin!

7. Lord_Croanan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Lenin Von Stragg dragged on in the desert night with a following of his flayed ones, and he had well decided that he hated, hated the earth. Where was all the trees and grass he had known? And what the heck was with these weapons the fleshlings carried around now? He grunted and re-shouldered his broadsword. Finally, the group started climbing a large dune, and finally reaching the top, the host saw a large plain and city beyond. Von Stagg smiled and was about to go down when a piece of metal flew past his ear. He turned and saw a group of the dark-skinned people running up the hill towards him.

Lenin smiled. "Flayed Ones, feast on thier flesh." His followers lumbered down the hill towards the men. At first the humans brought down several with thier weapons, but as soon as the Flayed Ones got in reach, the monsters reduced the humans to a bloody pulp with thier 9 inch nails. The Vampire Lord waved his hand in the air and the former humans rose and slowly turned into more undead soldiers. He did like one aspect about this desert land, and thats that he hadn't faced any formable enemies yet. Unfortunantly for him though, he thought too soon.

The hooded figure had been following the Congoian Rebels for a long time now, he was certian they were up to something. It had been intersting though to watch from the sparce grass as they had been completely annihalated by strange creatures. It did not matter, Xelekor's mission in life was simple, kill evil, and the monsters and man located on the dune pretty much fit into that catagory. Xelekor reached behind his back and got out a case. Inside was an elegant sniper rifle, specifacliy built to Xelekor's liking. He asembled it and took aim, going for the chest. When he pulled the trigger though, something strange happened; it was almost as is the man shifted ever so slightly, and the bullet merely hit his side. No matter the bounty hunter thought, he would die.

Von Stragg looked at the gaping wound in his chest, how unfortunante, he didnt like using healing spells right now. He shrugged and decided to put it off till later. Drawing his sword, the vampire leapt thirty feet into the air and landed just a couple yards away from the hunter, Lenin liked to drag out his killings. The attacker responded suprisingly quick, pulling out two very long daggers and lunging towards Lenin. The undead Lord simply parried the knives and chopped off one of the man's arms. Again Lenin was immpressed that the man was even able to still stand. The now wounded man tried to pull out a pistol, but Lenin was done with this fight. With skill only a Vampire could muster, Lenin threw his broadsword into the hunter. Lenin looked over at the city. He needed to contact his comrades badly, he was one evil creature in a world of humans, he needed allies. It did not matter, as soon as he settled he would call to them. After cleaning his blade and feasting on his oppenent, Von Stragg signaled for his flayed ones to follow him into the city. It was time to set up a base.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  8. Lord_Croanan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Louis Darny checked his assault rifle and looked over the warehouse once more. It was rundown and barely standing, almost all the windows were punched out. The others beside him shifted around, obviously impatient.

"Well? Can we go in now?" Louis asked the man crouching besides him. The witchhunter shook his head.

"Give me a couple more minutes, I dont like the vibes I'm getting from that cesspit you call a warehouse." Louis nooded and waited. Finally, the witch hunter grunted raised his hand, signally to the team. Twenty people in urban hit squad suits ran down the side of the road and surrounded the door, heavily armed and prepared to shoot. Louis waved to the door and two men ran at it with a battering ram. The door splintered easily and every quickly rushed in. The flashlights on thier guns revealed only several rows of supplies, nothing of the cults they were trying to catch. Suddenly the a soldier besides Louis started to tremble.

"Whats the matter soldier?" He demanded. The squadsmen could only point down at his feet.

"Sheite" Louis muttered. The man was standing on a hex carved into the floor. A secound later he burst into flames.

"Tactical Squad!" Louis shouted into his mike. "This place is booby-trapped, shoot anything that moves!!"

Suddenly the place came alive as dark shapes droped down from the rafters. Louis and his men opened fire and began combating what looked like vaugly human shapes with wings. Louis turned and saw the witch hunter was running towards the center of the warehouse. Shooting a creature in the face, Louis ran after. The center droped down into a lower loading bay, and the main floor they were on circled around. In the middle was a person strapped to a table, with several people surrounding it and chanting.

"Thier trying for daemonic possession!" The witchunter yelled. Louis vaulted the railing with the hunter and they both ran fireing. One of the chanters rose up and screamed in anger.

"A witch!" Louis yelled and was thrown back by the forcescream spell. Several ribs broke. The witchhunter stood his ground and loaded his gun with a special bullet. Secounds later, the witch dropped dead. The other soliders jumped into the middle and surrounded the group of cultist.

"Your too late." One of them muttered, and the human on the table ripped free. Looking around, it sprouted wings and flew through the roof of the warehouse and into the night. Louis looked up and shook his head. The cultist were quickly rounded up and taken back to HQ. Louis, supporting himself on the witchunter, liped out to the armoured van. The next few weeks were going to be hell.

9. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Well, day has come and gone and so far nothing from the SPADErs. Xan was still pretty sure they would be banging on her door anytime now, but at this moment, it was nearing 9:30 and Xan never let paranoia and havoc get in the way of showing off her newest toy. After feeding the dogs and reassuring them that she would be back, she went off to the roof with two suitcases, and a backpack. It was a dark and cloudy night… but nothing that would lead to rain, and only a small breeze. Ah, perfect flying conditions. Although brooms were definitely old school magic, Xan still loved them; especially her tricked out black lightning. Black shaft with golden bristles, a black and surprisingly comfortable rowing seat for the butt, sexy curved handlebars, and the ultimate broom stereo which smoothly hung under the mid-section with both speakers pointing up and ready to blare anything Xan told them to. After first casting a spell of unnoticeability, Xan took off, playing some old and epic nightwish as she went.

The meeting was to be held at a forest outside the city, under some major power lines that fed the behemoth of a metropolis that distantly shined in the night sky. While setting up, the others started to arrive. Vampires, witches, some demons, some simple magically enticed humans, and here and there some people from the good side as well. Not all SPADErs were true, blue holy puritans…. Quite a few understood the grays in between and some were just downright crooked. In either case, all came to have a magically good time and check out the latest thing on the black magic market. After a bit of small talk and waiting for a few stragglers which were on the invite list, it was time to start.

“Ok everyone! Let’s get the show on the road! I know most of you know how this works and for you new guys, here are the rules: 1) No harming anyone on any level while we’re here... unless of course they volunteer for it.” A few masochists gave a shout out at this. “2) When we leave, you give anyone you have a grudge on a five minute head start. 3) If you break it, you bought it. 4) We will have breaks, most of us did bring food, I myself brought Twinkies for everyone of course, but when it comes to drinks, BYOB…” at that point a few of the younger vamps let out a whoop at their own meaning of the acronym. “5) If a single person finds us out, I get the final say, but if it’s more, they’re probably here to kill us so it automatically becomes a free for all. And… that’s about it. Ok, I’ll put up the barrier now.” From the backpack, Xan pulled an ordinary looking black box, with something looking like a mix between an Egyptian scarab, and a virtual pet toy sitting on top. After Xan pushed a few buttons on the scarab’s back, a lazar circle shot out, of its little horns. With a few more presses, the circle was large enough to cover the entire group and bit of the surrounding forest. With a final press, the ring disappeared and the beetle started flying off to the prescribed perimeter. As it started flying off, the box lid came open and a giant cloud of smaller scarabs flew out, all following the leader to take guard… Xan loved those things… so simple to set up…. And if anything that had the basic shape of a human came along their border, they would make a high pitched screech, swarm him, sting him with a muscle relaxant that would make even the strongest vamp go limp, and then start blinking so the moron would show up like a Christmas tree. Yeah…. Fun, fun.

Then Xan went down to business. Ok, it wasn’t the biggest thing she ever made, but it was sure going to make magic more convenient. It was a giant plasma screen circle, strong enough to withstand the weight of almost anything, and the raw power of any spell. How it worked was really easy. It was linked to a palm pilot that was right now being used by Xan, and any kind of circle spell, ANY kind of circle spell, could be done through it. Why was it better then a normal magic circle? For starters, it was reusable, usually when a spell was done; one could never use that space again without running the risk of disturbing the old magic. This circle automatically cleansed itself after every use. Secondly, one didn’t need to know magic to use it: just click on what was needed and presto! It was done, the palm pilot even writes out the incantation and proper pronunciation for the spell. Actually, thanks to Xan’s patented electro-magic converter, which substitutes electrical energy for spiritual, there was no need to use up any magic at all… well, for the weaker spells at least… but the converter did make any spell a lot easier. And finally, the circles were always perfect; no chance of a mess-up during writing means no spells turning on the caster.

Ah. Things were definitely getting fun: summoning (usually of the smaller creature variety as no one brought a volunteer to get possessed), transmuting, strengthening, protection, captivity and torture spells were just some of the highlights from the mass number of spells which were being casted. Unfortunately, nothing good lasts for long…. around 2am, the screech from Xan’s scarabs echoed throughout the forest, stopping a spell dead…. Dam… now, was it a random passerby, or has the SPADErs finally decided to crash the party?

10. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    After he flew away from the alley he went to find a place to rest for the day so he would not get caught in the sun. He found a place outside of the city to rest in a run down old warehouse. but on his way in side he herd screams coming from the top part of the building. "sounds like dinner" he thought to himseld, and turn back into his flying form and flew to where he herd the screams. When he got up there he saw a guy biting the neck of a woman so he decided to hover so he would not disturb the other while he is feeding. Damnit another vampire got her first, he thought. He made sure that he was not heard and after he was finished he landed in front of him. The other vampire looked on in horror and was frozen in fear. Dante looked confused to turned back into his human looking form.

"Why do you look at me in fear?" Dante asked the other vampire

"Wh.. What are you" Dante looked even more confused.

"I do not understand. How would a vampire not know another is a vampire"

"Your telling me that you are a vampire?" The other looked more amazed now than afraid

"Of course, why would you not have known that?"

"Cause you flew up here and i have never seen a vampire that can fly. When do i get to fly?"

"You mean you can't? I am confused didnt your parents teach you anything?"

"Parents? You mean you were born a vampire? Wow thats awesome. I was born a human, then turned to a vampire."

"Ah... ok, you are only half vampire. Well you may still be of use to me halfling"

"Yeah sure, what could i help you with"

"I Need to get in touch of my commander. How would I go about doing that?"

"Ha, that was is easy. you have to go to Xan in New York."

"New York City? Where is this New York?"

"Man you really arent from around here, Well you are outside Las Vagas right now, which is in the lower left corner of the united states. You need to go to the upper right hand corner of the U.S.?

"Im sorry you will have to be more Detailed, I have not been here for 1,000's of years? And What is this United States?"

" Oh, man.. ok there is not much time before the sun comes up so lets hurry to my house and i can get you a map and Xan can go over everything with you." Dante turned into his flying form and grabed the halfbreed and they flew off to the house. Once there he gave Dante a map and Said.

" See you are here, And you need to go here"

"I got it thank you" Dante looked at the map and it was hard to read it. Where are the rock formations. and forest on the map. There where tons of different colored lines and big yellow areas with big names on it. After the the sun had set he flew from area to area making sure from the locals where he was. and getting directions here and there. It took him a couple day but he made it to the place called New York City. This was just like the place called Las Vagas. Always with bright lights. and things the humans called cars everywhere. He got there and started asking around for where this Xan was. It wasnt long and he found out. He flew to where he was told to go. He Got to the forest and he started to walk and then he heard a loud screech, then out of no where a little bug looking thing came flying at him and he tryed to hit it with his staff but it was to quick and it dodged his staff and stung him. It didnt really hurt but all of a sudden he started to not be able to move. He fought it with every once of energy. then another bug came and stung him and it was no use to fight it he couldnt move. He dropped his staff and then dropped to his knees.

"What is happening to me" He said in a soft voice has the more he faught the more he wasnt able to move. Then he Fell laying down on the ground and the bugs that stung him started to blink with a bright light. Then a figure appeared

"Well well well, What do we have here?"

11. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Xander looke at the city in front of him.Finally he was here, on the surface world. Only once had he been on the surface world, and it had been for only a few minutes. But now he was here and he knew, that he wasn't leaving until victory, or utter defeat. His lips curled into something that could have been a smile, if you pushed it far enough. He spotted a few misrable puny humans walking down the streets. This would be much easier than he had expected. His 'battlion' marched into the city and watched as the many people fled in all directions. Hong Kong. It was impressive he had to admit, the tall buildings everywere and millions of people. But they would all fall to their feet once they were done with it. Suddenly vechiciles on wheels approached. Trains he guessed, Or maybe cars. People clad in blue stepped out of the car, weapons in hands. Xander grabbed his axe from his back and took and long jump on top of one of the cars. Soon both of its inhabadants were sliced and diced into nothing but and puddle of blood and clothes. A human fired its weapon at him. The shot was shaky and terrified, he could tell. It missed by far, in fact the human nearly dropped the weapon. He then felt the closest thing he had ever felt to pity. But it was lost again as his body was split in two by a comrades sword.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  12. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Vincent then saw it. The first abyss creature he had ever seen. A Zombie, weak looking, but he knew that its looks were decivieing. He fired one of his rifles at the zombies stomach. Right on target it hit the zombie hard and sent him flying back against and alley wall.

That shot would have killed a normal human, but the zombie was as good as ever rushing back at them. "Striker formations!" Jeff yelled. Vince and Tony quickly obeyed. Though Vincent didn't like to admit it, Jeff really was the leader of the group.

As they turned the corner of the alley, they spotted about 5 other abyss creatures. More than enough to stop their small group. But Vincent had a feeling they could do it. "FIRE AT WILL!" Jeff screamed rushing at the zombies firing his Sub-Machine Gun, killing the zombie. Vincent rang off round after round of bullets, but suddenly he couldn't move his legs, and he fell to the ground. It was then he noticed a witch hiding out on the roof of one of the buildings. A blast of fire rushed at him but he was able to roll away. After about another 45 seconds he could once again stand. And he contined to fire at his current target; a tall vampire looking enemy. It had dodged all but one blast to the thigh. It was then that it rushed at him, its hands inflamed with a purlple fire, most certainly magic, either that or some cheap special effects.

The vampire was nearly on top of him when Vincent suddenly yelled "Gotcha!" Suddenly the vampire fell to the ground. A dagger thorough its heart. Vincents concealed dagger. 'Just in case'.

13. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    After the screech, everything and everyone went silent, weapons drawn, waiting to see if the blinking lights were all around them, or only from a single source... The flicker came; it was behind one of the bushes… a single person. There was a sigh of relief throughout the group as Xan pulled out her wand and called for the lead bug. The toy-like scarab came back and gave a readout on the captive as she walked towards the source of light.
    “Well well well. What do we have here?” she said as she stood over the poor guy. The scarab indicated he was a vamp and alone. Good, no crisis yet. First she pressed a few buttons on the scarab to stop the bugs from blinking and go back to their normal posts before she dragged the newcomer to a safe place inside the guarded perimeter. Everyone came around to take a look at the newcomer, and to Xan’s surprise, no one recognized him. So… who was this guy? She could tell by just looking at him that this wasn’t any fresh new corpse. On the contrary, he looked like a vampire lord… a true vampire. “Ok, I’m going to give you something to bring some life back to your limbs.” Xan said after pulling out a hypodermic from the same black box the scarabs came from, and sticking it into the man’s arm. “I think it’s fair to say I have a few questions for you, my friend. First, the obvious: who are you and why are you here.” She said as he slowly started to move around and sit up. Wow… he should be still laying there dazed and confused for a good twenty minutes. He’s healing faster then even the average vamp… and that was saying something.

He looked around at the company he was keeping before he spoke. “They call me Dante… I’m looking for one named Xan.” o_O really? For her?? “A half-vampire by the name of James sent me here from Las Vegas.” James, eh? Speak about new corpses… Xan was the one who found the poor guy after his biter had left him for dead. (She herself was on a business trip upping the security at one of the casinos, which unsurprisingly was owned by a powerful man who just happened to understand the “night life” more then most… let’s see Ocean’s crew get past HER security.)

Xan lifted a finger to Dante. “Hold that thought.” She said as she whipped out her cell from her pocket. After a few presses here and there, she was checking her e-mails which she had ignored since yesternight… sure enough, James was at the top, warning her of a true vamp that he sent her way. Actually, there were quite a few e-mails warning of a vampire that was looking for her… of all the times to forget reading the mail. “Well Dante, it seems you’re telling the truth aaand,” She squinted at the tiny screen with Jame’s note. “You’re searching for your commander. Well, you came to the right person. I could definitely pull some strings to help you out.” She took another glance at the screen before shoving it back into her pocket “And while I’m at it, I can update you on what’s been happening for the last oh, few hundred, maybe thousand years.” She said with a smile before helping Dante back on his feet.

“Well everyone” she spoke in an official voice to the rest of the curious crew. “I guess we’ll have to wrap it up for tonight. I think it was a success, thank you all!” Almost everyone groaned at the idea of their fun being cut short over some new guy, but eventually started filing out…. After Xan called back the bugs, that is.

After packing up, both her and Dante flew to her humble abode (on the way there, she played some metallica and pointed out important landmarks and some facts about the city. It was also a bit of a treat to see a vampire flying without any help, but that was beyond the point.)

“Well, here we are!” She said as they both came down the ladder to her home. Her dogs were barking excitedly at seeing her home… obviously she had left their collars off as she couldn’t understand their happy yips. Druidic magic… it’s a wonderful thing. “First thing’s first”, she said as she turned to Dante. “You probably need to feed and get some R&R after that long trip… you can help yourself to the fridge….” Seeing Dante’s slightly frustrated expression, she decided to elaborate. “Go left, right, then left again and you’ll be in the kitchen. Go to the big white box with thick doors and open it, if the insides are cold, you got the fridge. The blood packets are stored is in the bottom container. I always keep some around for guests. Don’t ask how they drink from it, I don’t know. I’ll tell you about the blood-drive scam later. Oh, and don’t touch the cauldron.” She said, without taking a pause to breath. Well, it looks like she might get some answers on what’s going on from an eye witness… so the holes popping up world wide wasn’t a rumor... Go figure.

As excided as she was by the idea of a sudden and brutal change to the world as everyone knew it, Xan couldn’t help but worry how this may affect her business… oh… and all those poor people who will get brutally slaughtered as a result… but mostly her business.

14. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Dante started to walk to this think that Xan called a fridge. He went left then right, then left again and he was in this room called the kicthen. He went to the big white box and there were to sections to this fridge. Dante was a little confused so he tried the one on the top. He opened it and it was cold like Xan said, but everything was frozen solid. he didnt think that that was the right one so he shut it and opened the bottom one, which was also cold but not has cold and he saw the bags of blood just as Xan said. he picked one up and looked at it for a min to figure out how to open it. He gave up and just just took his teeth and bit into it. After he was done drinking it he walked back to talk to Xan. He entered the room and went up to Xan.

"I think that your fridge is broken"

"Oh really, thats odd was it not cold?"

"No one section was so cold to freeze things, and the other was just a little cold, Shouldnt one be cold and the other hot?"

"Oh, haha. No the top section is called a Freezer, the bottom is called a fridge. Im sorry i should have been more specific?"

"Oh..... Well these new things are strange and arent needed in this word. How long have I been away?"

"Well, what do you remember about the last time you were on this world?"

"Well i remember getting orders from my commander and leading a army of vampire and demons to confront St Louis, but before we got there i was sucked into the abyss"

"Wait you went to confront St Louis? Oh wait you mean the man, wow yeah you have been gone several thousand years."

"Well then i guess i would need to get briefed on the new world and then i will need to get in touch with my commander for my orders."

15. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Xan had settled herself in front of her computer-of-many-screens the moment Dante turned to search for the “big white box”. Man… this guy must be from one of those holes she keeps getting reports on. And, as he’s asking about a commander, he must be part of a military…. When was the last time there was a vampiric military??? A long time ago, that’s for sure. Sooo…. A bunch of supernatural beings from some long-dead battle are breaking out of their dimensional prison and, exactly what did they plan to… oh…. SH**!!!!! Xan pulled all her efforts to the net and any and all info on these returning militants. Everywhere, worldwide, reports were popping up on these new supernatural invaders. True, the inquisition seemed to be taking care of most of them, but no way they would be able to keep a lid on them all… if the general public figured this out… it would be like the witch burnings of Salem all over again, except now in a paranoid twin-tower era. Not a good combo… especially for her.

"I think that your fridge is broken." Dante was back, and Xan forced herself to calm down as she swiveled her chair towards him. Working under difficult and/or awkward circumstances was something she had become very good at.

"Oh really, that’s odd… was it not cold?" … it wouldn’t be the first time she had to take apart that dam piece of junk to fix it.

"No, one section was so cold to freeze things, and the other was just a little cold, Shouldn’t one be cold and the other hot?" Cute.

"Oh, haha. No the top section is called a Freezer; the bottom is called a fridge. I’m sorry; I should have been more specific."

"Oh..... Well these new things are strange and aren’t needed in this word. How long have I been away?"

"Well, what do you remember about the last time you were on this world?"

"Well I remember getting orders from my commander and leading an army of vampire and demons to confront St Louis, but before we got there I was sucked into the abyss"

"Wait you went to confront St Louis? Oh wait you mean the man, wow yeah you have been gone a couple thousand years." These guys are from THAT time?!?! This was worse then Xan thought. Back then, Vampire society was at its peak and very nearly became the dominant species of the world…. Not to mention all the other beings that backed them up. This guy isn’t going to be pleased to hear how far they fell. Goody for Xan who will have the honor of telling him the news.

"Well then I guess I would need to get briefed on the new world and then I will need to get in touch with my commander for my orders." …. Uh oh… Dante must think Xan is part of his military… as if it would survive a couple thousand years. Xan thought sarcastically. She made a mental note to send an instant curse to James next time he was online. What was he thinking??!? Sending this ancient black knight from Las Vegas all the way to… Then a flicker like a lightbulb went off inside Xan’s head. Oh yeah…. She WAS a good choice. Who else knew enough about the supernatural past and present and had enough connections to help this guy out? Still… it wasn’t going to be easy…. And she still wanted to send that curse.

Although these thoughts were whizzing around her head like flies on a dead carcass, her reply was quick and calm. “Of course. As you probably have already seen, quite a few things have changed over the thousands of years. To update you properly to the present is going to take a lot more then the nighttime we have. Especially since I have to make a few changes to the…” gah… don’t trip on your words now… “Program so that it matches the time when you left.” It was 4 am-ish now, about two hours ‘til sunrise. Hopefully, he would understand her logic. “I know this must be trying your patience Dante, if you could just wait one more day…”

She could tell he wasn’t the happiest with the situation, but after a moment Dante nodded in agreement. Good. Now she had time to plan things out… Xan had a feeling that what she taught him may be essential to her own future. But in the meantime… “You still have two hours ‘til sun up. If you like, you could read something.” Xan indicated to her bookshelves/room dividers. “Just show me which one you pick out so I can tell you if its fiction or not.” The last thing Xan needed is for him to wonder if Batman was an ally or an enemy. She herself got on the computer and started pulling a slideshow together for her guest. “Oh, and help yourself to the Twinkies… strangely enough, vamp stomachs can take them… just don’t plan to make them the center of your diet.” She said while still staring at the screens. Xan herself blindly grabbed one of her packaged snacks from the huge pyramid she kept at the computer and absently ate it.

The hours flicked by, and the sun rose. Xan magically covered all the windows for Dante and gave him the “crash room” as everyone else liked to call it to sleep. Xan herself was bushed. Showing off her new product… who knows how many circle spells were done… and now playing tour guide and teacher for an ancient and powerful vampire warrior. Well, this definitely reached the top twenty for odd nights in Xan’s life. Speak about protecting, what about Dante? Would she be doing the right thing in teaching one of these guys the ways of the present? When push came to shove and the worldwide military got involved, knowledge may be all that stands in the way between victory and utter obliteration for them. Or, it could be what prolongs the war long enough to get every human to hate all magical beings and eventually start the ultimate genocide…. Wow, that idea sucked. But what could she do? She had told Dante that she would help. Even though she wasn’t the nicest person in the world, she always stuck to her word. With her thoughts still buzzing like those annoying flies, Xan went to her room, set her alarm to about 2pm, and crashed.

By the time the sun had set, she was finished creating the “program” and was working on a few fighting routines when Dante entered the scene. With her headphones blaring some old Metallica, she didn’t notice him standing there until the Ju-Jitsu routine was finished. “Oh! Hey, didn’t see you there. Sorry ‘bout that. You probably have gotten something to eat right? Good. Let’s get this history lesson started then.” As she spoke, Xan led Dante back to the computer room and indicated to the largest (plasma) screen.

“Ok, just before we start, I’m telling you right now: you will not like what I’m about to tell you. So please, just… bear with me.” With that, Xan pressed a button and the screen flashed with images of what should have been a familiar battle for Dante. “The last you thing you remember was what’s now called Great War of Shadow and Light; vampires, demons, witches and lycanthrope verses St Louis and his clerical/paladin army with all of humanity stupidly in between. Everyone thought the shadow would win for sure… the good guys were outnumbered and outmuscled… then…. One night… the last night you probably remember, everything changed. All the hordes were raging against the last great place of worship… victory near at hand…. Supposedly there was a bright light…” Xan flicked to a painting of the great Saint himself, covering the hordes in light, them flailing, him holding some sort of book. “and all of you disappeared without a trace. Presumed obliterated or thrown into the abyss. St Louis himself died a few hours later from exhaustion.” Xan gave a moment to make sure this first slap to the face to sink in.

“You lost. Your entire army was gone. There were a few survivors, but they…. We… became hunted by the Inquisition: St. Louis’s last gift to the mortal world. The holy ones chased us down, first taking out the strong, then sniffing out the weaker. Many… many things were lost during those times: the great spells, knowledge of the more powerful demons… the true vampiric bloodlines…” Scene after graphic scene depicting the hunt and destruction of all those and more flashed before Dante’s eyes. Xan couldn’t help but feel guilty at forcing this information onto him… but she could think of no easier way to put it so that it would sink in. “Almost everything, until we evolved enough to hide amongst the mortals you intended to enslave and destroy so many years ago. And there we stayed… hiding our powers just so we could survive... becoming mere shadows of our once greatness. On the bright side, those who knew the way of light also lost a lot of information as well due to misuse and a growing lack of fear and boredom of the hunt… Actually, about two, maybe three hundred years ago, our kind was all but forgotten by humanity, and to this day most of the population thinks of us only as fictional characters…. Heh, you should see what they have done to All Hollow’s Eve. Don’t worry, its not as bad as you may think. After most of humanity had turned a blind eye to the supernatural world, we were allowed some space to grow and make a comeback. Spells were recreated, vamps and werewolves took more morals under their wing, and some demons were able to call enough willing humans to see this world once again… but always hidden under the shadow of humanity… Never out in the open.” At this point, Dante finally interrupted.

“Why not? If you were gaining in strength, why didn’t you ban together and start the war once more?”

“Ah, that’s because while we were hiding and the Inquisition were hunting, humanity in general flourished…. And I mean FLOURISHED.” Slides shown were of humanity’s many diverse ancient cultures in relative chronological order. “Humanity exploded with an immense growth in number. Back in your days the entire world population was in the what? Ten, maybe eleven millions? Well, a thousand millions make a billion and at this moment, there are about SEVEN BILLION people on this earth. And that’s not all, oh no. Through the collection of knowledge and the use of science, humanity has become extremely powerful through their own creations.” It was from this point on that Xan started talking about the modern world around them and how things such as electricity, internal combustion and plastics came to be and how they work…. In a most general sense, of course. Xan made sure to stick to the here and now and only touched on the past when it came to how modernization affected the supernatural world, and the Inquisition… She was pretty sure anything else would seem like a painful mockery to Dante. After a few breaks here and there between teachings and a LOT of questions later, they finally came to the last lesson.

“Now I’ll tell you of your biggest threat: bombs. I know we touched on these, but I’m not talking about little things that can take out a building, I’m talking about atom bombs.” The screen flashed with mushroom clouds and pictures of before and after effects of these devices. “First used in the late 1940’s, these ultimate weapons would wipe out a city the size of Las Vegas and those who didn’t become dust, died slowly and painfully from the bomb’s poisoning from miles around.” Pictures of radiation victims were shown to give example. “and that was when they first came out. Now, the most powerful countries have enough a-bombs to blow up the world about eleven times over, and still have enough to take out the sun and the moon while they’re at it. You see Dante, even if you find a way to defeat the Inquisition and win the war, all it would take is for one fearful and vengeful human to press a single button…” Xan pressed a button on her keyboard, making the screen go black for dramatic effect. “and we lose everything.” She gave a sigh at finally finishing her speel… so long… it would be dawn in about an hour… but there was still one more issue at hand.

“If you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m not of any military… I’m just a witch who gives toys to people who are willing to pay.” Before Dante could ask or say anything, Xan put up a hand and continued. “But, I did search for your commander anyway and found two good places for you to start. One, in Singapore, where there is a very powerful movement going on…. Though I doubt it will go anywhere thanks a relatively strong SPADE branch there, trying to stop some of the oriental vamp gangs, and the fact that China and their huge military isn’t too far off if they make it deeper into the mainland. The second one is happening in Africa. Those guys are moving in leaps and bounds… but that’s because of the lack of military organization and no major SPADE branches unless they reach Cairo. If anywhere, I would guess your commander is one of those two areas…. I can’t tell you more then that. Now, I’ll help you in anyway I can, but I totally believe in free will and will not tell you what to do… so, the decision is yours… What’s your next move?” Xan couldn’t imagine what could be running through Dante’s head right about now… she simply hoped she was doing the right thing.

(OOC: painfully long post.... SORRY!!!!!)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Warm blood ran down Vince's arm and down his stomach as the vampire fell dead on the ground. Vincent smiled. By now they had killed all but two zombies and had taken down the witch which had been mounted on the top of one of the buildings. But even better, none of his team members had been seriously injuried. Damn he thought to himself. He had spoken to soon From where the witch had been on the building several more creatures jumped down. One of them being a summoned demon. It was a tall, very thin black demon with many horns and claws.

"Fall back! ! !" Vincent Screamed "Fall into the trees! We may be able to get away!" He hated the idea of retreating but for real, did they have much of a chance? Compared to this, they were nothing. In the grand scheme of this war, they were all nothing. They would eventually be crushed. But right now. Right now they had to keep trying, chance or not, even if they were nothing, it didn't matter, nothing mattered now but getting away.

The giant demon creature jumped up over their heads and into the trees. The trees slowly melted away leaving nothing but an empty field and a demon in front of them.

"Scatter!" Tony yelled running down the street; away from the creature. His body was disinegrated before he could get 10 feet away. They truly didn't have a chance.

17. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Dante couldnt help but watch in horror as Xan flashed these scenes from a box that Xan called a computer. He couldnt help but feel anger with every new scene that poped up from the colorful box. How could vampires have fallen so far. We were the domanate race on the face of the planet and now only select few know we even exist. How he would have to hide from the world so some weak human wouldnt reach for a button. After Xan was finished Xan asked what is next move was, he didnt have any clue. He still couldnt believe what he was just shown.

"How could this happen. There is no honor in pushing a so called button. This box here. can it show me these attacks in what you call africa and what ever the other one you said?"

"Well not exactly, i mean it can show you the news but its not going to show you who is leading the attacks. like i said before these 2 places are where i would start your search, I dont know who is in charge."

"Well I.. I don't. Man this is not happening, How could we have been in control of the world and now only a hand full of people know we even are real. (turns back towards Xan) And you said St Louis died?"

"Yeah long long time ago. After he sent you to.... where ever you were sent to."

"Then who is leading the army against us now?"

"Well its not really an army but an organization started by St Louis"

"I must tell my commander he must know how times have changed, He must know about these things called guns and bombs. You said that the army in this Africa is moving very fast and unmatched?"

"Yeah that is the one, the one in Singapore is not moving very well do to the SPADE outpost there"

"Then he is in this Africa. He is unmatched on the battlefield, no one can match his planning. (Dante pulls out his map) Can you show me on here where Africa is one here (he says as he opens the map of the united states)." Xan could help but start to laugh a little because Dante was so serious when he did that.

"Im sorry I can't Its.."

"Why not (Dante says in a sorta angered tone) I believe you said you would help me. I need to get to Africa"

"My..My.. Temper...Temper. If you would have let me finish, I was saying that i couldnt because it is not on your map"

"What? Forgive me but how can it not be on the map?"

"Well you need a map of the world, not just the United States."

"Were can i find this world map? Oh wait i have one it was given to me (Dante pulled out a map several thousand yrs old and opens it) Now show me this Africa"

"Im sorry but that map is not the world as of now, that is what you left it as, and now (Xan goes over to her wall of books and reached for a map) it looks like this." Xan opens the map, Dante could not help but to look at it in awe. He Studied it for a while and saw a smaller area on the map at looked like the one the Halfling gave him. then he looked over to see 6 huge land masses and each of them named, but one of the land masses had two names. Then he saw the name Africa. He looked at it and sat down in the chair with a mad look on his face.

"Something wrong" Xan asked

"I saw this Africa and it look twice this size of where im at"

Oh, it shouldnt be to hard to find him from the air, just look for where all the humans are running from, but i would start around here, that appears to be where most of the trouble is occuring"

"Well i want to thank you for all you have done. This act will not be forgotten. I must leave at once"

"But the sun will rise any minute. ( just as she says this she makes sure all the shades were closed so the sun would not kill Dante)"

"Haha (Dante gives an evil laugh) The sun will not be a problem." Dante goes to the roof with Xan close behind to try to figure out with he mean by what he said. Dante stand legs shoulder width apart and closes his eyes, Then starts to raise his hands slowly. the wind begins to pick up and as he raises his hands the wind goes faster and faster. then at his feet a dark cloud starts to circle around him as fast as the wind is going. Then the cloud begins to raise and soon it had covered the Vampire warrior. Now his hand are up all the way and his head is angled like he was looking up but his eyes were closed. The he looks down and just as the sun starts to break over the horizon he opens his eyes and the dark cloud covers the entire city as far as the eye could see. It was like it was midnight all over again. Then Dante looks over to see Xan somewhat in shock.

" Like i said the sun wont be a problem"

"So thats why it says that in every battle no matter what time of day it was as dark as midnight, It was the power of this Vampire" Xan thought in her head Then Dante flew away towards Africa to find Van Stragg.

18. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Xan stood for a few minutes, thoroughly impressed by Dante’s display of power to bring darkness to notice that he was flying away, bringing his cover with him. Hey! Xan shook her surprise away with the thought of being left behind. What did he think she was? Chop liver??!? Not even asking her to come…. How rude! And so what? He could make a cloud cover. Xan could do that if she had the time to look up the proper spell. Still… clever… very clever…

Xan nearly flew down the ladder back to her loft grabbing things here and there and throwing it all in a giant military issue backpack which was bespelled to hold an unnatural amount of stuff and still be light. Who said a bag of holding was impossible? She was awake all night… definitely need to grab a coffee. Mutt and Grump were both whining, seeing that Xan was in a rush and she was obviously going to be gone a long time. “You know what to do boys, right? No one but me comes in… if they do, bite their balls off. Other then that, be good, ok?” Saying these dogs were well trained was an understatement… ah… yet again, the wonders of understanding through druidic magic.

Xan double-checked her stuff, making sure she would be prepared for almost anything… especially since she was going to the electrically-challenged planes of Africa…. What a bummer…. Being dragged out of her element just so she could insure her own survival in what will probably end up being WWIII. After the check and chugging down the rest of her coffee, she scrambled up the ladder once again, to see that the cloud of midnight was nearly gone. Making sure she still wouldn’t be seen, Xan put on her yellow-tinted glasses (to keep out sun and bugs) and literally jumped onto her broom. Her left foot clicked into place on what was the seat, her right foot in the handlebars. With a word of command, Xan shot off, airboarding her butt off to catch up to Dante…

After about a minute, (her broom was that fast) she caught up and was flying parallel to Dante. “Ha, don’t think you’re getting rid of me that easily. If you and your commander want to turn this damn world on its head that’s fine, but if you think you’re gonna succeed without my help you’re sadly mistaken, my friend. Trust me on that one.”

Dante gave a dark smirk at her statement, then gave her a double check as he saw her mode of transportation. “Standing?” He said with a raised eyebrow.

“Sitting, standing, my broom is versatile. But don’t think I’m gonna fall out or anything. My feet are magically clicked in until I say so.” To prove a point she did a loop in the air, returning back to his side. “Man… this is still going to be a long trip… mind if I play some music? Hey… you haven’t heard of an electric guitar haven’t you? Or metal or rock and roll. Oh, you’re sooooo in for a treat… YO BOOMBOX!” The stereo which huddled under her broom came to life at her voice command. “Ok, let’s start out light… Queen, We Will Rock You. Then some old Metallica, any song will do.” And like that, the magically empowered “boombox” started to play Xan’s selections, and they had a source of entertainment for the entire trip.

It was difficult to say if they were going to be the champions, or they were heading for a highway to hell. But at that moment, it didn’t really matter. ;)

19. Lord_Croanan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Von Stragg was not a happy vampire. For one, the human city he was now in possession of had basically taken him several weeks to take, and it didnt even have walls, and the secound was that these human weapons were the most cowardly he had ever seen. He paced the so-called town-hall, stopping only to glance up at the mayors head he had hung above the door.

"Glitch!" he yelled out the door. A zombie lumbered in and stood at attention, to the best of its abibitly. "Glitch, it is time I contacted my allies, and find out were they are in this evil-forsaken world, prepare for me a calling bowl."

Glitch left and came back with a bowl the size of a bathtub. Lenin waited several mintutes while his servant filled it up with a powder, and then stepped back. "Now, it begins." Lenin breathed.
    It took him a half hour to get the freakin spell right, but finally he was open the wavestream.
    "Dante!" his thoughts curled around the image. "Dante my servant, were are you?" Von Stagg sat back and brooded. He would have to wait for awhile untill the thought wave reached him.

A loud clattering brought Von Stragg leaping up from the chair he had been dozing in. He looked at the bowl, the mist emitting from it was still blue. Curses. Lenin walked out to see what fool had awoken him. His undead servants appeared to have been killed, the vampire was furious, what had happened! He stormed into the front hall and stopped. Before him an old lady was hunched down over a dead body, cooing. "Who in the warp's name are you!" Stragg demanded. "Foolish mortal, I will kill you now!"

The lady got up and started laughing. "Why Lenin, how could you not recognize your favorite hag?" Lenin gasped. Granny Green Teeth was not someone he wanted to be messing with right now, he was always getting on her bad side the last time he was here.

"Gra-granny green teeth, how nice of you to stop by..." the hag shook her head.

"Already set up for yourself eh lenin? Well, I think its time you shared." Lenin was terrified, not much scared him, in fact really nothing scared him, but granny green teeth knew things that not even Khorne the Bloodletter knew. He was prepared to beg, if that be it, but then he noticed something. She was using her cane heavily. Von Stragg smiled. She was taking longer to get used to this world then he. She was weak.

"Granny, I think this would be a good time to let you know how much I appreciate you." The hag began to smile, but stoped As Lenin Von Stragg, Vampire Lord of the Stragg Clan leaped from the stairs leading down into the hall and drove his sword into her skull. The hag screamed and uttered a curse, sending Lenin flying. Well, she wasnt totally defenceless. Lenin attacked with his own spell and sent her flying out of the window. Granny Green Teeth stood up and laughed.

"Lenin!" she screeched I'm going to send you back to the Abbyss. Suddenly Lenin's voice spoke behind her.

"Not If I send you first." As the hole opened up, Lenin watched as one of his old nemisis was sent back to the Abbyss. How fun. He looked at her cane she had dropped. There was enough energy in there to prepare a true army. Lenin needed to get busy.

20. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Soon Xander and his companions had dicpatched the human 'force' and they soon started to chase the various vechiciles and humans, which were fleeing, at their top speeds away from them. He watched as one of the strongest members of his group, a werewolve named Kaadin, followed by a few zombies rushed into one of the human 'hives'. Shrill screams echoed down the streets as the group tore up the building from the inside out.

Following the example Xander ran to the nearest door and ripped it off by the hinges. Axe ready in front of him he rushed into the building to be met by humans armed with various objects. Tables, chairs, and such. The table broke under the force of his blow. Splinters flew, and so did blood. The warm red liquiud dripped down Xanders face into his mouth. He licked his lips. He had no pity now. It had been replaced by the pure instinct to kill. The blood lust.

But soon this changed. Their charge was being met. By a force much stronger. Van after van pulled into the street. With humans, armed with weapontry, good weapontry. The only idenification for these vechicles were 4 letters. S.W.A.T.

Bullets flew, and many of his comrades fell. Gritting his teeth he lept from the window of the building, towards one of the soliders. Xander grabbed his shirt tossing him into the concrete ground. Un-hilting his flame gun he aimed it at a human. His finger cleanched the trigger. But before he could fire, he heard the words.

"Retreat!"

He was about to celebrate until he noticed who had said it. He looked back at his commander. He had said the words! what a fool! He had almost had the humans. But he knew that he had no choice but to follow his battilion. The humans chased them for only a short while and then went back to their city.

"What the hell were you thinking! We had them," Xander yelled pointing at his commander.

"Your lust to kill got in the way. There was NO way we could have defeated them. They had us outnumbered and outstregthened. Had them? No. THey had us." His commander then turned pushing Xander away.

Xander clenched his fists until they hurt.