RPG #16 - Barteris

Discussion in 'RPG # 16 - Barteris' started by Nienor, May 11, 2006.

1. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The breakout had been a successful one, the group was safe and secure and sleeping (all but Mason, but he could take care of himself). Kabora had a soft bed to sleep on for the first time in a long time. The dangers ahead of them seemed distant and unimportant now. If they could pull off their masterful escape, they felt they could do anything.

But all was not well in another section of town. Eight men were walking together down Rag Market Street. Turning they disappeared into a narrow alley way that led to a familiar hanging of tapestries. The tent was gone but they knew which wall hanging to look behind. “Third one on the right” one man murmured. They threw it aside and barged into the door, which wasn’t locked at night, and strode down the stairs. When they reached the bottom of the stairway they banged on the door in no particular manner until they heard a bolt unlatch and the door open.

The lamps were lit in the hall but the person who opened the door couldn’t be seen. “Come out! I know you’re in here! We have a business proposition to make with you!”

There was silence for a while, no response was heard, which began to greatly annoy the men. One of them whispered to the other “We ought to tear the whole place down.” The other one answered, “We’re not here to have fun, we’re here on business you idiot.”

At length one of the doors opened at the end of the hall and a dark figure stepped out. “Can I help you gentlemen?” he asked in seemingly polite tone.

At this, one of the men (the leader apparently) walked forward with a confident swagger. “I think you can sonny, yeah I really think you can. But maybe you would like to hear how we can help you.”

“Help me?” The dark figured mused, almost comically. “I don’t see how you could possibly help me in any other capacity that you aren’t already.”

“Oh but we can you see. I’m an observant fellow. I watch, I feel, and I listen. There aint much that a fella could put past me, see? And I’m thinkin that these people you’ve been havin us keep tabs on are of some interest to…other parties in this town beside yourselves.”

“Well are you going to bask in your inflated opinion of yourself or get to the point, I don’t have all the free time in the world.”

“Well…I was thinkin that there are some in this here town as you would rather not know this information. Maybe some people from Merc for example? Oh and we do have officials of the King of North Fort in town, I’ll bet you don’t want them to hear about yer friends here either. Now I’m a simple man, I don’t need much. Nor my lads here.” He said this with a grin. “We have awfully big stomachs and have been havin a hard time keepin’em full. You take my meaning? So you pay us…oh say…20,000 nadyrs, and we’ll get kind o’ forgetful see?”

The other man was still and silent, as if contemplating their offer. “Well we certainly must do something about your stomach now mustn’t we?” As the lamp lights started to fade it should have been obvious to the men that none of them would ever see any type of light ever again.

Back at Gabe’s tavern the group was still sleeping quite peacefully. But not all was well there either. A dark shadow had begun to creep into Fen’s dreams. She found herself looking up at the night sky. She was in the desert again. The moon was hovering over the hills in the distance. She looked out at the calm desert sands below. It was a very beautiful sight.

All of a sudden she felt her skin tingle, she was reminded of how she felt in the relic store. Only the feeling was more distant. Then she saw a long black shape creeping its way over the silvery sand. It appeared to be a caravan of travelers, which wasn’t uncommon in the desert. Some people preferred to walk in the chilly night instead of the blistering heat of day. They seemed to be singing to pass the time. Fen crept closer out of her curiosity.

She came close enough so that she could see the individual outlines of the people against the night sky. They appeared to be carrying something upon a large bier. She wondered what it was. Whatever they were carrying seemed to be beckoning to her. She thought she heard a strange voice on the wind “Child, go, he comes for us” it whispered, or seemed to. She couldn’t be sure.

Then the wind grew chilly. It seemed to freeze her to the bone. “Brrrrr. Why is it this cold?” The other travelers seemed to feel the same way because they stopped singing and started murmuring among themselves. Then she felt an inner terror creep into her heart. It was fear, but it was worse than fear, because she could not understand where it was coming from. The desolate landscape of the desert that had looked so beautiful before was now threatening with a hidden menace. She had only felt this way once before in her life. She shuddered and tried to keep images from her past nightmare out of her head.

Then someone in the group gave a shout and the traveling company came to a halt. They huddled together and cowered on the ground. It was as if the very air had turned into fear that soaked into their skin and filled their chests with every breath. Fen saw what they were cowering from. She looked with horror to see a solitary, dark figure about 100 feet ahead of the company. It looked like a deep shadow that the moon could not illuminate. In fact, it seemed to make the moonlight itself go pale. It was still and unmoving but living horror seemed to flow from it.

Then the shadow advanced and as it approached the group, the people appeared to gasp for breath and then fall unconscious. Fen wanted to run away, or dig a hole in the sand and crawl in. But she couldn’t move an inch. She was frozen where she stood. She knew in her heart that this was the same person who made Ernst Vardel chop off his own fingers.
    However, he paid no attention to her, if he could even see her at all. By the time he reached the group they were either all passed out, or dead, or acting like they were dead. He went to the bier, which they had let fall to the ground, and kneeled beside it. He reached in and pulled something out. She couldn’t see what it was. Without knowing how she could tell, Fen knew without a shadow of a doubt that this was a relic. Then both the man and the relic seemed to fade into the shadows and were gone.

Then a clamor arose from behind Fen and she thought she had been caught. A large group of men were screaming and riding on horses. Well, she knew they were horses by the sound of their hooves and their neighing. They looked like an enormous blob of darkness moving over the sand. They were coming closer. Fen got up and ran as hard as she could. The horses were gaining on her. She ran faster. They were only a few feet behind her now. She dived into the sand and fell out of the bed.

It was just before dawn and she looked around saw that she was in a room. She was very confused at first but gradually realized where she was and that she wasn’t dead. She looked over at Rapture’s bed, hoping she hadn’t woken her up. She had, and Rapture was simply sitting there shaking her head. “She must think I’m crazy” Fen thought to herself.

2. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    So, the glasses were for reflections or from being… flashed.. hehe… well, it made sense, thought Fen, specially as Fugg was a sniper. Fen had a run-in with a sniper… a sniper Merc to be exact. But that didn’t matter right now: Fugg was nice enough to tell her what he was; which meant, he trusted her. Fen was really starting to like Fugg too… this was the second time he taught her, and he even bought Fen her own relic. How many people would do that for someone? Yeah… for a guy who looked like he could wrestle a bear, he was… almost fatherlike to Fen. Before Fen could think more deeply on the kindness of Fugg the expert fighter, who was trained to kill (well, probably); they arrived at the Kabora’s trial.

Although at first Cambei looked like he stood a chance at convincing the jury, it quickly led to a sad boringness as fake witness after fake witness came up and told their fake stories which all led to Kabora looking like the bad guy. It took only 10 minutes for Fen to realize that they would have to go to plan B to save Kabora. It took the jury 45… very… very… long minutes to say the same thing. Although Fen was sad at the verdict, she was happy to see it done. Now it was time for things to get interesting!

When they all got together, it was actually Fugg, not Mason (who had disappeared to who-knows-where) who gave out the orders and told everyone what needed to be done. Oh well, they had already decided before hand, didn’t they? Now it just needed to be done. First for Fen: lookout duty. Raven needed to get a lock of hair from Kabora so they could make the replacement look like him. So, while she went into the ally to get the sample from his window, Fen kept watch. Ok…try not to look suspicious, but search for others who look suspicious, keep the eyes peeled out for anyone, anywhere…. What the??!!? As Fen’s eyes glazed over a place on the roof, she would have sworn she saw the figure of someone watching her… but when she looked again, he was gone…. or was never there. Suddenly afraid of being alone again, Fen took a few steps back while choking down the urge to run. By her third step, she accidentally kicked a can conveniently sitting behind her, and Raven came in a matter of seconds, thinking it was the signal. “Got it…” she said, looking half dreamily at the lock in her hand before looking more seriously at Fen “any problems?”

Was he there? Or was Fen just imagining him? “Nah… just got bored. Sorry if I scared you.” Raven smiled, showing it would a lot more then that to frighten her. “Wow, that’s a pretty big lock of Kabora’s hair. Maybe you could keep a few strands for yourself and I could make a locket for you in the shape of a heart and…” at this point, Raven elbowed Fen lightly in the ribs, and gave her an evil smirk. Fen ran ahead laughing, with Raven following closely behind.

When they all met again, everyone announced their success and things moved to part two. Ras… Rapture… had hidden the body they were going to switch at Fen’s old home and Fen was needed to show Fugg exactly where that is. Fen didn’t like the idea of a dead body in her old place… it gave her the creeps. But, of course it was to save Kabora so Fen did as she was told and shown Fugg the spot. When they got there, Fen got a glimpse of the poor guy, and quickly decided she didn’t want to see anymore. After telling Fugg so, he understood and dropped her back at the Inn to wait for the rest.

Yet again, everyone came together. “Everybody listen up!” Fugg addressed the group. Then they stopped chatting and turned towards him. “We will move out at 3 am; Raven and I will proceed to the prison for the exchange you all know about. Now we can all rest before that” He continued.

“Just be sure to be here before 2 am ok?” Raven told him. Fugg nodded.

Nap!?!? No way she was going to sleep more then she had to… specially with a frightening dream lurking behind every corner. She had to find a way to keep awake. Cambei isn’t doing anything, and as Mason wasn’t here to give her any lessons… “Hey, Cambei? Any chance you could give me another lesson?” she said with a smile. Of course, he asked why Fen didn’t want to sleep and she gave a simple half-lie that she was too excided. After a bit more prying, he finally said yes, but only until sundown… then Fen would have to find another way to stay awake. Yet again, the lesson seemed a bit slow, but she put as much effort as possible to listen and learn. Then, night fell. Practically alone, Fen decided to “borrow” Raven’s room as she was downstairs working, and decided to do some practicing by herself. Fen took a basin of water, and practiced shaping and moving water around Raven’s bedroom. After the water was gone, (puddles could be found nearly everywhere on the floor and the bed) Fen went to combat practice, going back and forth between Fugg’s and Cambei’s lessons together just to keep things interesting…. Finally, it was turning 3am and she went downstairs, totally exhausted, and slumped on a chair to wait for Kabora (or the signal to run for their lives) with everyone else. As Kabora came in, she was able to smile, say hi and she’s glad he’s ok…. then before he (or anyone) could say something else to her, Fen was fast asleep, slumped like a rag doll in her chair… obviously, someone else carried her to her bed.

A caravan in the desert… a voice calling her… the dark man…

Oh no! Something’s coming! Its going to…

*whump* ouch… floor… stupid dream. Fen could feel the painful fire of her fire in her hands once again as the symbols on her gloves glowed as brightly as a candle. Fen sat up quickly to see if Ras was watching… yup… and shaking her head sadly at her. Gah…. She probably thinks Fen was crazy. Then again, maybe she was right. Fen slumped back on her bed for a moment and just pretended Ras didn’t see her…. Another dream with the dark man. Fen had a sinking feeling that, like the other dream with him, the attack on the caravan actually happened. But… who was that who talked to her? And why were so many people needed to carry a relic? Or was it something else they were carrying…. Oh well. As long as it doesn’t affect Fen’s life as it was now, the dreams didn’t matter… no matter how real they were.

With that sorted out, Fen bounced up and dragged Ras… Rapture… down so they could both start another day.

3. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Mason tapped on the door.

“What do you want?” come an answer from the other side. Mason could hear someone shuffling towards the door but still he didn’t answer, he only tapped again.

“What is it? Are you daft?” the voice sounded annoyed.

Mason tapped the door one more time.

“This better be worth it or I will skin you alive,” The sounds of locking bolts could be sliding out of place. The door open slightly, “If that’s you doc you’re too late.”

As soon as the man was able to peer out he was greeted by a leather studded combat boot.
    The door flew in making the man crash back into a desk that had been only a few feet from the door. Mason jumped in with weapon drawn. His combat boots landed on the mans throat cutting off any scream for help wile his eyes scanned the room for anyone else that might pose a threat.

The room was dirty with old food dishes across the desk and gathered upon the floor. The walls had large peel of white paint and plaster missing. Rats ran about the room unaffected by the noisy humans that they shared a residence with. They just continued unabated rummaging through the piles of food droppings.

After mason looked around the room he looked down to the struggling man. He looked at the age of forty with graying hair and greasy skin. He had a mild completion and a scruffy beard. With his last meal was stuck within his chin hairs.

“How many?” Asked Mason, Mason released the pressure so the man could gasp out a breath. “F*** you out Lander, a hundred,” The man tried to spit at Mason but only ended up with spittle on his own face. He clawed at Mason’s foot.

Mason stepped in closer then pressed down with his heavy boot, “I will say this only one more time, How many?” Mason clicked back the hammer on his gun and placed it to the man’s nose. The man’s face turned red but was on its way to a nice blue. The man had become more aggregative, when he looked down the long barrel to a bullet rested in the chamber with his name on it. Mason slacked off his boot just enough for the man to speak again.

“Just me, every one is gone two days ago.” He let go of Masons boot and tried not to make any sudden moves.

Mason was about to ask him about the cells when Kathleen rushed through the door behind him, “Anna, Anna it’s me Kat.” She flew past Mason who had no chance grabbing her and raced for the door set in the corner of the room. He she held her dagger in front of her as she reached the door. Mason couldn’t move with the man below him but he tried to holler for her, “Kathleen, don’t go down there!”

It was already to late when he had gotten the words past his lips. She had already had the door wide open and disappeared inside. Mason could do nothing so he returned his attention back to the man on the floor, “Were the prisoners?”

“Gone, they were sent to the market in paradise now get the hell off me,” He gave Mason a stern look but Mason didn’t let up on the pressure.

“Anna, Anna, It Kat,” Mason could hear that Kat was coming back up the stairs.

She rushed over beside Mason, “she’s not here.” She cried and wiped away tears with the back of her hand. Her eyes were rimed red and blood shot. Mason reached over and tried to steady her with his hand on her shoulder, “We will find her don’t worry,” he then let go of her shoulder as she nodded towards him.

Mason backed off the man on the floor and told Kathleen to wait out side. She didn’t argue with him and disappeared through the open door way tucking her dagger back inside of her belt.

Mason backed out the door never dropping his gun. He then turned around quickly and moved from the open door way.

“You’ll pay for that, Out Lander.” Under the desk the man reached were he kept his home made crossbow with a steel tipped arrow already strung. He staggered to his feet and made his way towards the now open door. He leaned his shoulder on the door frame and tied to point the deadly bolt at Masons back.

Mason was not surprised that the man was about to fire on him he expected it. He turned his head slightly at the staggering man to line him up. He flicked his arm and a leaf bladed throwing knife appeared, out of know were in his hand. Just as the breathless man was about to fire Mason wheeled around on his heals and threw the knife. It landed with a sick smacking sound through the man’s Adams apple and imbedded deep enough to touch the spin. Blood gushed out of the man’s throat and nose and he then dropped the cross bow in the sand were if fired the bolt harmlessly away. He dropped to his knees and clawed at his throat with week blood cover fingers in a futile effort to stem the flow. Then after a few grueling sounds he, fell face fist in a puddle of his own blood.

Mason left the man to feed the bugs and turned his attention back to find Kathleen. He found her in the ally way that he had left her earlier. She was sobbing into her hands and trying to find some kind of strength to go on. There was nothing Mason could say so he gathered her up and made there way back towards the inn.

4. Darth Qui-gon

Darth Qui-gon Man its good to be back

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Kabora was very calm after Cambei gave is opening statment, as well as basically calling the the baron a lier in the court. He felt at ease, until theey started bringing up the "eye witnesses" as they called them. With each passing person, Kabora began to fell more and more doomed. After the last one Kabora felt horrible because he was being framed for something he didnt do and could not have possibly done. Then the offical ruleing came.

"I hear by decree that the defendant Kabora will die tommorrow at sunrise in payment for his crimes againt Lord Vardel and the people of Mertle. May his death be a warning to all who stand here before this court of law that no man is above the law." Kabora had knew that this was goin to happen from the start but the final say still hurt because it was offical, and not most likey will happen. Although in a light side he thought that it was funny that the barons name rhymed with the area, Vertle, Mertle. This was the first time he heard the name. The guards took put the cuffs back on and escorted him back to the hell hole that they called a jail cell. They pushed him in the cell and slamed the door behind him. He thought that was rude but o well he was stuck there again, until they group had there attempt to break him out. It did sound very well thought out, but none the less he still hoped that all would be ok. It wasnt two min after the guards left and he heard somthing outside the little window.

"Shhh, Kabora it's only me" she called out in a soft whisper as she straiteded up and looked inside of the window.

Kabora eye went wide in shock, "Raven...What are you doing back there?" he whispered softly after making sure that no one was around to see them talking.

Pulling out one of her daggers, "Look, we have a plan to get you out of there tonight!" she explained as she handed over her dagger " but first we need a lock of your hair" she replied giving him a wink.

Taking the dagger Kabora grabed a hold of a small lock of his hair and cut it, "What eyer you guys have in mind, i'm all for it" he replied. Handing over the dagger and the lock of hair, "I'm glad you are here! you didn't bring that change of clothes I ask for did you?" he asked hopfully

"Dont worry you'll get them!" she smiled "Alright later tonight will be bringing in a body that will look just like you and place it in your cell so that it will look like you killed yourself. I'm sure that Cambie has told you all of this.." she replied "I'll be back with you dinner later tonight, and let you know of where you can hide till we get out of this place"

"Are you sure that this is going to work? Don't get me wrong anything is better than being in here" he asked while he watched raven put her dagger away and tuck the hair away in a safe place "I just don't want you or any of the other to get cought".

Looking up into his eyes "Don't worry we all know what we're doing and once we get you out of here I'll see to it that you get the best meal you have ever tasted" . Just then she heard a can rattle at the other end of the allyway "I have to go now. I'll see you soon, I promess" and with that Raven ducked down the allyway and out of Kabora's sight.

Kabora now was left alone to sit in the cell and try to make since of the plan. He thought of everything that could go wrong. His worst fear was that a guard would make his round when they were making the escape (Since he didnt know when everything was going down). It wasnt long until he fell asleep and Raven woke him up, he didnt even her anything move or get disturbed or anthing. Seeking past an Elf is no easy task, but Raven and Fugg managed to do it flawlessly. Needless to say, Kabora was impressed. He changed into the clothes that Raven brought (Which was really Kabora's style but its what they needed until at least they get out of this town, but most likely longer) and then they went out the roof and down to the car that was waiting. Kabora as soon as he went out went invisible. Went they got back to the inn Raven and Fugg entered the room and Kabora right behind but no one could see him. They looked a little confused then after they were in a safe place he reappeared. Everyone was happy to see him. Everyone welcomed him back, Kabora had ever had anyone or a group of peoplego through so much trouble to help him. After a while of the welcome backs and everything, Mason Stood up and said

"Dont get me wrong im glad your ok, but I just have to know something."

"Sure Mason, what is it?"

"We had a car, how the hell did you manage to defeat the bugs, and how did you beat us in town?"

"Well, Its a long stroy but I i guess that it is something that would be wise to tell" Kabora looked around the room and everyone was with in ear shot.

"To start, They have real bad vision, so the goal was simple. They cant hit what they can't see. I charged at them and the the first few i sliced up with my sword cuting there head of with nice quick moves, then they started to swarm me, so i dodged there strikes. Left and right, up and down. Moveing away from the strikes. Then they flew on top of one another to be make it to where more could attack me. they were all around me 2 and 3 high. I knew that i would never make it if it caved in and i was under all of them. So i jumped onto one of them and stabbed it in the top of the head then quickly jumped to another one sliceing off its head. I kept jump from one to the other stabbing and sliceing, until there was a large mound of dead bugs. Then I saw the leader of the the pack flying towards me so i leaped towards him and i had my sword out and they connected. My sword went through his head and his pinchers sliced me up in the chest and the arms, thats where those holes come from. Then after the leader was killed, the 2 that were left tryed to fly away i ran and got my sword and ran up the mound and jumped towards one of the bugs. i landed on his back and bascially rode him towards the other one. the other tried to get me with the pichers but i dodged the attacks. i move the bug i was riding under the other one and stabed it in the gut. and move out of the way. It fell towards the ground and i took the other one to the closest town which was daitly which is where i thought you guys would be heading. about a mile outside of the city, i took my sword and stabed the bug in the head, i forgot however to make him go towards the ground. so i crash landed and that is was did most of the damage to me. I got up and just walked as best as i could to the city, i saw the guards so i just went invisble to walk right in. after i got into the city i reappeared just because i didnt have the energy to keep it up. I went to the inn and was looking for you when guards came and arrested me. I was to tired to fight them off so they throught me in jail." Everyone just sat there giving Kabora a mix of a tired and amazed look. Mason said

"Well that is one hell of a story. I'm still amazed that your alive"

"Well i have encounterd bugs before and they nearly killed me because i couldnt find a weak point. so this time i was a little more prepared. i just didnt realize how many there were until it was to late. I got knock around quite a bit but nothing to bad until the leader got me, and the crash landing." Then Fugg with in normal tone and look

"well its good to have you back."

"Fugg, I wanted to thank you for coming and breaking me out, and doing what ever you did you get a clone of me. Thank you, and im sorry i put you in danger of getting caught."

"Don't mention it" Fugg again showing like it was nothing. Then he looked around to thank Raven, but he noticed that she was gone.

" Well im going to to bed, it will be nice to sleep in a bed for once, I'm just goin to go say good night to Raven" everyone said goodnight and he made is way upstairs. He got up there and saw that she had past out on the bed with the door wide open. He knocked on the door before he entered which woke her up somewhat and she sat up rubbing her eyes.

"Hey its me, Kabora. Just wanted to say good night and ask you a question real quick" Raven looked up and in a tired voice said

"Sure what did you want to ask?" He moved and sat on the bed

"I was just wondering why you went through all this trouble and risk your life to save someone that you only met for a few moments?"

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  5. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Raven woke up at the sudden knocking that came from her door. Siting up she looked over and saw Kabora walking over to her.

"Hey its me, Kabora. Just wanted to say good night and ask you a question real quick" Raven looked up and in a tired voice said

"Sure what did you want to ask?" He moved and sat on the bed

"I was just wondering why you went through all this trouble and risk your life to save someone that you only met for a few moments?"

Whipping the sleep from her eyes, "It's a long story! An Elf saved my life once..a long time ago. It was only right that I returned the jesture" she tried to explaine but a large yawn soon over tok her. Looking over at the Elf that was still sitting next to her on the bed, "I'm sorry...I've been up since before dawn trying to figure out a way to get you out of there" she replied with a half smile since she was too tiard to give him a full one.

"Your right it is late. I just wanted to thank you once again" he replied getting up from the bed "I'll leave you to sleep" he replied as he started walkingt for the door.

"Kabora" Raven called out after him.

Kabora stoped just before he reached the door and turned to look over at her, "Yes?" he asked softly.

Raven stood up and started to walk over to him, "If you truly want to know why I did this to save you. Then I can tell you in the morning...that is if you don't mind waiting for me you finish up my morning taskes that Gabe will need me to do. I have a lot of work that I need to make up for yesterday first." she gave a small chuckle.

Kabora nodded "I don't see think that I'll be going much of anywhere becides my bed for a while. " he replied. "Untill tomarrow then" he replied and walked out of Ravens bedroom closing the door behind him.

Walking over to the dressing table and started to undress herself and slip on the thin shift. Once she was dressed for bed Raven was just about to slip back into her bed when a shuffling out side her door cought her attenion. Walking over to the door she opened it carffully.

There in the hall was Mason making himself comfertible in the chair that he sleped in the night before.

"Mason, why don't you sleep in the room that Gabe gave you?" she asked in a hushed voice "Look I'm sorry for snapping at you as I did. You were just making sure that I didn't go and get myself thrown in Jail also" she replied not knowing if she should be the one to appoligise first or not.

6. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    While Fen ate breakfast, the others started filing down and waited for Mason. Finally, he came down… with a lady? Who’s she?!?!? After whispering to the others, Fen found out that soon after she fell asleep, Mason came to the Inn with this lady. From what she gathered from the others, the girl had just escaped slavery but unfortunately, her sister didn’t, and was now being shipped to Paradise. It was a pretty good reason for her to have such a down-and-out expression on her face…. Were they going to take a detour for her, and get her sis back? That would be nice. Fen was a bit worried that this new lady could mean trouble though; especially if she didn’t come out of the rut she was in. True, Fen being a bit of a cry baby herself understood that there was nothing wrong with tears or just plain being sad… but if someone doesn’t get over it in a couple of days (or less), they would be as good as dead... Fen knew that one from experience.

“Alright everyone.” Spoke Mason to the others “Today, we get some R&R, any supplies that are still needed, maybe some last minute coinage if you can, and we leave by nightfall. Everyone agreed?” Most nodded quietly at this. “Ok then.” And that was it. Everyone stood up and started to go do whatever they pleased. Fen looked to the others, wondering what she should do or who should she go with. As everyone started heading for the doors she made her decision and chased after Fugg.

“Hey! Fugg! Wait!!!” the giant turned around and.... Fen assumed that he looked down at her through his thick glasses. “Um… So… what are you going to do today?” It was the only thing Fen could think of…. Such a stupid question.

Fugg gave an uncommitted shrug. “What would you like to do kid?” he said.

Fen’s mind raced of what would be considered another perfect day. “Well…. First, we could start off with a lesson: fighting…. Relic magic… it doesn’t really matter. Then, at about noon, we could take a break and I could show you how to make glass and such and then I can go sell them off. I could do the selling on that main market street where Cambei danced. That would be nice. Then, in the afternoon, you could train me some more until night fell.... that is…..” Fen looked up again with a shy smile. “If you want to of course.”

Fugg gave another shrug. “It’s not like I had anything planed…”

“WOO HOO!!! Let’s go!!” Said Fen as she went jogging off back to the park to practice, forcing Fugg to widen his stride to keep up.

For the morning, they decided on fighting practice. Fen, of course, did her best and was even awarded with Fugg admitting that she was improving. Fen couldn’t be more pleased. Then, with the sun at its highest peak, the two went off to Fen’s old home for a tiny bite and some glass making lessons…. Fen loved the idea that she was going to teach the teacher. The closed in area was almost the same as she left it… except for a few blood marks left in the sand from the body that was there only a day ago. Fen did her best to bury the brownish-red sand with her foot before she started.

Taking off her gloves, she pointed her palms to the sand and slightly loosened her mental grip on her power… Liquid… *foosh* instead of a small puddle like she usually made, a knee-deep semi-pond of melted glass had took its place. Luckily, the pool was still small enough to fit within the enclosed area of Fen’s hideout. O_O? That…. That wasn’t right…. It wasn’t like she was afraid or overly excited…. Why did she seem to have less control? How embarrassing. And with Fugg standing right behind her watching the entire thing. Oh yeah, she really knows how to impress a mentor. Fen tried to put on an innocent smile. “Oh, I had a itchy nose. I…. I thought I was about to sneeze. I didn’t mean to make this much. I guess we’ll have to sit side by side and leave some behind…. I could always use it when I come back here next.” It was impossible to tell if her little fib worked by looking into Fugg’s black shades. But, if he did know, he didn’t say it and, almost awkwardly, sat beside Fen as she started scooping the thick liquid and shaping it into a bowl.

It wasn’t bad to be making glass objects again. Fugg’s large hands gave him a big disadvantage though, and most of his stuff looked worse then… Rapture’s. Fen decided not to be too mean with her jokes; especially since it wasn’t his fault his hands were so darn huge. Fugg…. He was also a big mystery to Fen… he seemed so serious… he looked so hard… yet, he was so nice, and surprisingly patient. There weren’t many people with that sort of combination. No… for now, it would be ok not to know. Fen could save those sort of questions for another time. As the opportunity slipped by, both Fen and Fugg left to the market… Fen to sell glass objects, Fugg to do whatever he wishes for awhile (Fugg wasn’t the kind of person to be selling dainty figurines of glass). They agreed to meet back in a few hours to decide on what to do for the rest of the afternoon.

It was turning out to be a very nice day.

7. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Mason has just arrived back at the inn before every one had returned on there successful mission. He decided to give Kat his quarters at the inn to clean her self up before he introduced her to every one.

He made his was back to the main drinking room when every one had finely arrived back safe and sound. He was happy to see that Kabora had managed nicely form his prolonged stay at the local holding facility.

Fugg hunkered down too a late meal of pork and beans with Fen seated beside him picking at a thick slice of bread smothered in honey. Rapture turned a chair beside Cambei at the bar so she could have a good look at every about the room wile Raven and Kobera decided to sit at Masons table for a quick drink.

Mason lessened intensely to the story his new found friend weaved for him. He felt like he was actually there watching the events unfold before his eyes. Mason felt that if Kabora was not as good as a fighter he was he would have no trouble in seeking employment as a story teller.

Each of them laughed at parts of the story and Fen gasped a couple of time as she listened to the tail of how he had escaped the cold blooded bugs back in the desert.

“Well it’s good to have you back,” said Mason almost emotionless.

“It’s good to be back,” Replied Kabora.

Mason had another drink with his friends before he decided to check on how Kat was doing. After he pushed back his chair he excused himself from the rest and made his way back to the room Raven had showed him on the first night he arrived in town. His boots taped lightly on the wooden floor as he made his way along the dark corridor. Small animal fat candles sat in small notches along the wall giving the passage an eerie mood with its soft yellow light barely able to lighten the dark corners.

He knocked on the room’s door lightly and opened it a small crack to see if it was ok to enter. He peered inside the room to see if Kathleen wanted to meet every one down at the bar.

A small smile played on his lips as he noticed Kat was already fast asleep under a light sheet that draped across her slender shoulders. Her golden blond hair spread out across the feather pillow that her head rested on making the fabric slightly wet from the bath she must have taken wile he was down front with the rest of his companions. As quietly as he entered he pulled back out of the lightly lit room closing the door behind him.

He returned to the chair that he had slept in the night before and settled him self comfortable for the long night. Just as he was about to nod off Ravens door opened and she stepped out. Mason was a little surprised to see her exit her room but because he never seen her enter but he played it off because he thought that he might have been to distracted checking on Kat.

"Mason, why don't you sleep in the room that Gabe gave you?" she asked in a hushed voice "Look I'm sorry for snapping at you as I did. You were just making sure that I didn't go and get myself thrown in Jail also" she replied not knowing if she should be the one to appoligise first or not.

Mason looked at her in the dark light, “Don’t worry about what is done, it’s the future that concerns me more at the moment. We can’t change what has happen only what we do next.”

Raven looked at him not completely under standing what he was talking about. She narrowed her eyes and looked at him coldly. “Can’t you just accept an apology? You, you mule headed, hard ass.”

“Sure, but I don’t rely see any thing to apologies for, you did what you thought was right and so did I,” With Mason’s words she seamed to accept what he was saying by relaxing her tense shoulders.

“So are you going to stay out here all-night,” she pointed to the chair he was sitting in.

“I don’t have much choice,” Mason nodded the room he was assigned, “we have a guest.”

“Who is it?” Raven knew he was gone for most of the day wile they rescued Kabora but she did know what had happen to him.

“Some one else I found in need of help in the desert,” Mason smiled at her remembering how they meet a few day ago with Rapture.

The flash back was not lost on Raven either as she tried to hide a smile of her own. “Such the gentleman ant you Mr coal, always rescuing damsels in distress.” Raven made it sound more like a mocking fact then a question.

“I try.”

“Well I am going to bed. Gabe has a lot of work for me in the morning.” Raven never waited for a reply but closed the door behind her as she disappeared back into her room.

It was some time before Mason could find the welcoming sleep he so much desperately needed but it finely came at last.

Mason woke in the Morning noticing he must have been more tired then he believed.
    He had never stirred during the night and his nightmares had never disturbed him as they have nightly for the past two years for that he was thankful.

He made his way down to the main hall for something to eat when he noticed every one was already eating before him. Kat sat at a table wearing some of Mason’s old cloths that he had left in his room. She looked up from a heaping pile of pan cakes smothered in honey and butter with a smile, “I hope you don’t mind, I borrowed some of your things? I had nothing to ware that was clean.”

Mason shrugged as if it didn’t matter, “I take it you have already introduced your self to every one?”

Kathleen nodded, “they all seam friendly enough for the amount of time we had a chance to talk.”

Just then Rapture piped up cutting of something Mason was about to say, “Don’t worry hon. we will find you something to wear that don’t smell like axle grease and gun powder.”

They both laughed at the statement but mason felt like it was more directed towards him then his clothing. But Mason noticed that she look older then what she fist appeared to be when he first seen her. Now even with his clothing tied around her she appeared to be a young woman of twenty or twenty five. Her dark completion only made her light blue eyes stand out even more.

Mason shook his head to change his pattern of thought to a more suitable subject. “Alright everyone.” Spoke Mason to the others “Today, we get some R&R, any supplies that are still needed, maybe some last minute coinage if you can, and we leave by nightfall. Everyone agreed?” Most nodded quietly at this. “Ok then.” And that was it. Everyone stood up and started to go do whatever they pleased.

8. Luther_the_Great

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Fen had found a part of town that had many shops full of finely crafted objects, what better place than that to sell her glass sculptures? The ones Fugg made were a bit on the ugly side and were left in the hideout. She had not gone far when she came to a spot where she could “set up shop”, meaning there was enough of a crowd to disappear into in case someone caught her picking their pocket. There was quite a bit of commotion on the streets today, but Fen didn’t notice anything unusual. She was too busy thinking about what she had learned to even pay much attention to selling her objects.

Suddenly Fen remembered that she was supposed to be raising money for the group. So she held up one of her pretty sculptures and shouted for people to come and buy them, trying to look as cute as she could of course. She hadn’t realized before how tired she was, all the mornings excitement must have tired her out, she thought. However, when spots began to appear in her vision, she knew something was wrong.

“Oh great, this is a great time to be getting sick. Get a hold of yourself!” She gritted her teeth and planted her feet to fight off a growing sense of dizziness.

The crowd of people began to get fuzzy and seemed to waver. All of a sudden they began to whirl about her head in a clamorous cyclone. She heard the sound of the glass ornament she had been holding shatter on the ground, but she had no idea where it had fallen or where the ground was for that matter. The world continued to spin about her faster and faster as the light began to glow brighter and brighter. Until all she could see was light.

PPPOPPP!! She fell on all fours to the cobblestone pavement and opened her eyes to see that the pavement wasn’t cobblestone at all. To her bewilderment the ground was black, shiny, and smooth like polished stone. She looked up and gasped in amaze. The small shop she had been standing in front of was now a gigantic tower (she had never fathomed something so immense), and it wasn’t alone! Across a wide street there was another one! And another! It was like she was in a forest of giant pillars of metal and stone.

The sight of these mighty monoliths made her dizzy again and she had to lay down. She noticed now that the walls of the building she was standing under were not as shear as she first thought, there were many shiny smooth places on it that looked like dark glass or maybe crystal. In other places there were clefts in the building where all kinds of plants grew. In fact, it was practically covered in life. She looked across the street and saw that the other building had balconies where large trees grew out, with trailing vines making their way down the sides of its massive façade.

As a matter of fact, the streets where lined with trees as well that she hadn’t noticed at first. Something else she hadn’t noticed, the people. They were the same glowing people she had seen in her dream. There was quite a lot of activity actually. Vehicles flying, yes flying, up and down the street and in organized lines in the air. But the weird part about it was, nature seemed all around her at the same time. Birds singing, woodland animals jumping from tree to tree (or scurrying up and down the flora incorporated into the buildings), a man over her going through her stuff.
    Like a flash the vision was gone and there in its place was some rogue pocketing what he wanted of her things before running off as she woke up with a start. Yet she still wasn’t safe even though he was gone. Smoke was pouring over her head, shouts and screams were heard from the road. Fen woke up only to find herself in the middle of a riot.

The entire city was in an uproar in fact. The people were panicking and the city enforcers went here and there calling for people to get inside, as well as knocking in a few heads for those who rejected their “warm hearted” advice. Large gangs of brawlers were forming and rampaging all over the city, until the authorities would arrive, crack enough skulls to scatter the crowds. Those who still wanted to fight would join up with some other rampaging group somewhere else.

What was the cause of all of this chaos? Early that morning, city officials arrived at the jail to find all of the guards slaughtered and all of the prisoners gone (including the cloned replica of Kabora). This rather alarming turn of events resulted in quite a panic among city officials and they immediately got the police to close all the city gates. Check points were hastily constructed and people were being stopped on the street at random.

The chair of the People’s Trust (the governing board of Daitly) was about to declare martial law when word came from the Governor (Ernst Vardel) to reopen the gates (setting a close watch) , remove the check points, keep the news of the jail house slaughter from the general public, and make everything look normal. After all, there was no need of sending the city into chaos, until they were better able to handle it that is. So it was that the gates were reopened and the matter brushed under the rug even as the sun came up. He was going to set a trap.

So all that morning, he gathered every thug, strong man, and enforcer he was able to get together. He was busy preparing the city for lockdown in a way that would be so sudden, no one would have any chance to hide or put up any resistance. So it was that the lock down caught everyone, including Mason & company by surprise. They had no idea of the turmoil that was brewing under such a fair morning sky.

Well…Not everyone was caught by surprise.

***In the early hours of the morning, long before the sun rose***

"This isn't good" said a shrouded figure. He was looking at a file folder, though one wouldn't have known it if they had run across him. The night was thick about him. How his eyes read the words on the pages he was thumbing through was a mystery in itself.

"They seem to have an affinity for trouble, we need to act fast if we are going to salvage this" said another figure who was sitting across from him.

They were sitting on a roof looking across a narrow alleyway toward the jail. They were looking at the same opening in the roof that Raven and Fugg had used to get Kabora out of jail. Now it was being used again. A group of people were hunched over the entrance. Suddenly it appeared as if someone was being hauled up out of the grate, it was the body that was supposed to be Kabora's replacement. It was being stolen!

“What are they going to accomplish by that?”

“The Mercs want to delay the party from leaving town, if they can have the whole group arrested, it will be that much easier for them to get what they want.”

“Can’t we stop them?”

“We could…if we knew where they all are, but you can bet there are others lurking in the shadows. If we attack now we would give away our position. If we give away our position they will have the advantage and then we would be the targets for any lookouts watching the operation from a distance. And you can bet they are out there. It’s standard Merc procedure.”

“Then what do we do?”

“We inform number 11 that the objective is in great danger and see what he wants to do about it. You stay here, I’m going to report.”

Then one of the dark men disappeared into the night. It looked as if the agents were going to have a busy day ahead of them. And even as Vardel was setting all things in order to use his own city as giant trap, the agents were busy with a plan of their own.

So it came that at noon, the gates were suddenly closed. All traffic was stopped and searched. News of the incident in the jail was released. News of this was delayed from reaching Fen and Fugg as they were secure in Fen’s little hole in the wall, making glass ornaments. And since the check points and searches were begun at the city’s edge and gradually expanded inward, they had not reached Fen by the time she had begun selling her wares.

Tensions were running high in the city. For the residents of Daitly, life came to a standstill. City officials were barging into people’s homes as they pleased, searching (sometimes confiscating), as they pleased. Compounded on top of this was the fact that an unknown group of killers were running loose in the city, not to mention all of the inmates in the city jail. This came at a time when people had begun to murmur openly against the absolute power that their governor was openly flaunting in their faces. People pointed to this incident as an example of the “protection and stability” that he promised.

However, all things went into chaos when people began shouting in the streets. “CITY HALL IS ON FIRE!!!!!!” And it was. Black smoke was billowing from the center of town and the fire was apparently growing. The halting of all traffic in the city had the undesirable effect of blocking the fire brigade from getting to the fire. This caused a wide spread panic as people began to believe the entire city was catching on fire and they were trapped inside by the lockdown.

Shots began to be fired from several buildings, and that was all it took. Riots broke out, shop windows were smashed. Mobs were either destroying out of anger and frustration or they were tearing everything down to get away. The entire city was falling apart, with Vardel doing everything he could to maintain control in the torrent that he had unleashed.

For Mason and company, there was no longer any thought of leaving as much as there was of just staying alive. The roads were blocked with guards, riots, and fire. They could not get out.

9. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Dawn was just peaking through the widow so that it was shining onto Ravens face. Placing one hand over her eyes, she sat up and turned so that her back was to the window and draped her legs over the edge of the bed. A lot needed to get down today, first she needed talk with Gabe about her earnings and then start to gather supplys the group would need to their jurney to the next town. With her being the only one with a job it was up to her to purchus these things.

Once she was out of bed and washed and dressed in a long black skirt and white short sleaved blouse. Raven made her way down stairs in plenty of time to help fix breakfast and listen to Mason's little speach. After washing up the dirty dishes she turned around and leaned up agenbst the counter as she dried her hands on a clean rag.

"I know that we havn't talked about payment Gabe but I'd like to know if I can get my wages for the yeasterday and today?" Raven asked the old man.

Gabe nodded, "Our money isn't good out side of the city!" he pointed out" But what ever you need to get for you and your friends you can have charged to me and I'll pay. " Grabbing a small piece of paper and pencil he began jotting down a small note and handed it to her" just show this to the merchint and they give you what ever you need" he explained. Then a sad smile worked it way accross his face" I don't have any family left Miss, so your welcome to anything in my daughters old room that you like" he replied turnning around and walked out of the kitchen and back into the common room.

Walking upstairs raven went into her room and picked up her shall and straped one of her daggers to her thigh before walking down stairs. Looking over to the kitchen thought crossed her mind as she then made her way over to where Kabora was hidding out.

Before she opened the door Raven knocked softly and let him know that it was her befoire walking inside, "I'm heading of to buy the rest of the supplys that we need. Is there anything that you need?" looking around the room she couldn't see anyone in there.

"I couldn't ask anything more of you! You helped me get out of that place, thats more than I could ask from you" A bodieless voice replied suddenly from behind.

Raven spun around quickly grabbing the hilt of the dagger that she had in the waist of her skirt, " Don't do that Kabora!" she gasped .

If she was able to see him at that moment she would have seen the slight grin he had upon his face, "You should see you face....oh man that was pricless" he begain to laugh but when Raven went to strick him in the arm he moved to the side quickly causing Raven to spin around in a large circle, wich caused him to laugh even harder .

"That is true, But you still could have given me some kind of warning though!" she said placing her hands upon her hips "Look Gabe told me that what ever anyof us need from the market for our jurney he will galdly pay for. Now do you need anything while im out?" she asked one more time.

" A new cape, similuar to the one I had would be nice" he replied reappering so that she could see him

Raven saw a weird look about his face, "Whats wrong, Kabora?" she asked suddenly

"Just be carful out there Raven" he warned her in a concerned voice

"Alright I will be and I'll see what I can find. Gabe is upstairs, he'll let you know if anyone is comming. I shouldn't be long" Raven replied as she opened the door and walked out.

Walking around the market raven was able to purches the rest of the supplys the group needed along with a few extras. Each merchent said that they would have her things brought to Gabes Tavern so that she wouldn't have to carry them herself. Once she saw to it that all of the newly purchoused things were taken to the tavern and placed into the common room, raven began to take the supplys down to the basement and stacked them up close to the hidden door leading to the back ally where Masons rover was parked. By the time she, along with Kabora's help, had all of the things brought down to the celler it was already time for the lunch time crowd to start to arive. Drinking down a cool glass of sweet tea, Raven tied on her apron and began to help Gabe get the common room ready.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  10. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Cambei arose before the sun and left the inn yet again. He didn't know where he intended to go but that wasn't important. He managed to mvoe without being seen by any guards. They seemed to be moving oddly. He didn't think about it. He seemed to just be in a state where he needed to move around. He guessed he was still upset at how poorly he'd done at Kabora's trial. The obvious result had occured and he was free, but he felt if he'd tryed harder he could have made everything much easier.

Eventually he saw what invariably had made him stir so early. There was something happening at the jail. By the time he would have gotten close it would have been over, but there was something strange going on. Eventually he wound up back where he'd spent the last two days, on the corner near the marketplace where he and Michael John had made a few dollars dancing.

Dawn broke and shortly the streets were filled with people. There were whispers of something having happened that made the guard block off the gates and set up check points early in the evening. They had since re-opened the city but something was deffinately odd. Cambei could smell something terrible brewing.

On top of the rumors of the city being sealed earlier city officials they were starting to randomly enter and search through houses. People were voiceing their feelings on the the baron more vocally now than even when their group had entered the city. Things were almost at a tipping point. Finally Cambei heard one cry echo through the streets from a thousand different voices. "CITY HALL IS ON FIRE!"

Not long after that the streets became jammed with people trying to flee with no where to go. Making this worse, the streets had been locked down again. No one was getting out of this place without a hell of a fight. But that didn't matter right now. People were forgetting escape and focusing on looting and violence. Cambei didn't stick around. He ran into the nearest building and climbed to the top floor then on to the roof.

He ran across several rooftops until he got back to the inn. The chaos wasn't as bad yet here. Maybe they could find some way out before the entire city went to hell. He burst through the door, apparently only Raven and Gabe were up. The looked at him for an explaination. He spoke between gasps.

"Roads blocked... fire... riots... where is everyone?"

11. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Such a pretty place… The people who shined with their own light… Was this their home?

Fen awoke with her head swimming. She was dreaming in the middle of the day!?!? That couldn’t be good… Hey! Someone was stealing her stuff!! But before she could even yell at the guy, something else registered. A lot of people were looting. A lot of people were screaming. The entire city was filled with chaos. People were shouting that hired men were searching their houses. One shouted that town hall was on fire. Fen recognized this kind of chaos with a dull certainty: she didn’t need to read to know that this had Merc written all over it. They had found her, and now they were trying once again to flush her out. Fen searched desperately for Fugg for a few seconds. The gentle giant was nowhere in sight… Fen was on her own… again.

Habit and instinct took over. She had to hide or be found. Where was the last place the Mercs would search for her? The Mercs have probably been spying on them for awhile, so they knew about the Inn. She knew she couldn’t go back to her hideout, or make one like it either; she had used that trick too many times and the last one almost got her thrown back into the Labs. … Then where??... The fire. In the middle of one kind of danger is where she would be safest from the other. With her mind made up, she ran through the chaotic crowds, making sure to keep hidden from any eyes that might be on the rooftops and open areas. Soon she was there: the building was a tower of flames and smoke and it started to spread to a lot of the other buildings. She chose one that had just caught on flames, by the looks of it, it was a rich person’s house. Covering her mouth and eyes with her bandanna and goggles too keep out the smoke, she made her way to the cellar and started searching. Finally, she found what she was looking for: a couple jugs of water. Not much time… Fen made sure to hurry.

First, she took off one of her gloves and aimed her palm and one of the earthen walls… gas… And with a puff of dust, a small cubby hole was made… it was a bit bigger then she wanted: the average person could fit in. But Fen knew she had no time to be picky. Next, she uncorked the jugs and pulled out her water relic...Concentrate…. Fen knew she may only have one shot at this. With all the effort she could muster, she willed the water up like a snake in a basket. Then, she ran to her little hole and pulled the water so it made a wall on the outside, sealing herself in. Finally, she pointed her naked palm to her water barrier… solid… and like that, the water (and some of the air around it) crackled and hardened in place so she wouldn’t need the relic to hold it there. The ice barrier should keep out the fire… now all she needed was an air hole. Fen knew that this may be the trickiest part. She balled her exposed hand into a fist and covered it with her other gloved hand, then she lifted one finger and pointed to a spot of dirt above her… liquid… Holding back as much as possible without stopping her power totally, she felt the dirt at the tip of her finger become thick liquid glass. Fen said a little prayer that this stunt wouldn’t cause a mini cave-in and she soon was rewarded with a breath of air touching her outstretched finger. Fen was happy with her work. No one would notice a hole in the dirt that could be covered with a cork. Now she could stay here and be safe.

A fire raged on beside her, screams could be heard from above, and through it all, the only thing Fen could think about were the others. Would they be ok? They were tough enough to handle this… not unless the Mercs took them. Fen hated the idea but knew there was little she could do. What if they left her to save themselves? Well, at least they would be safe, and they did get her this far. What if they stayed to look for her? How would she find them??? Fen thought about it for a moment. If the Mercs couldn’t find her, the others sure as heck wouldn’t… Fugg’s relic sword. She could feel his sword even if he was a block away! Fen knew what she would have to do. First, she would wait for things to die down… if it took a day or two that would be ok. Then, that night, she would search for Fugg if she could feel his sword. If not, she would make for the walls and try to find some sort of transport she could sneak a ride with (there was always SOMEONE trying to sneak off when a city goes all to heck).

…. Please… Please let the others be ok… Fen thought as she silently watched the ceiling of the cellar collapse in front of her.

12. Luther_the_Great

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    "What in the world are you talking about son?" Gabe asked in an exaserparated tone.

Collecting himself Cambei said “The city is out of control. There are riots popping up all over town, there is a fire at city hall, and the entire town is in closed in. I think something happened at the prison last night after you left Raven. Whatever happened, the city gates are shut. Even if we were all together I do not know if we could get out. Is everyone here?” he asked doubtfully.

“I’m afraid not, before you got here I was the only one” answered Raven with a note of distress on her voice. “How long do you think we have until riots spread here?”

“It is difficult to say what an angry mob will do, but we don’t have much time.”

The three of them had made their way to the front steps of the inn and were looking at the smoke billowing in the sky. “The rioters are setting other places on fire now” Cambei thought ruefully.

“So it happens again” said a voice that neither Cambei or Raven recognized. They turned around to see that it belonged to Gabe. His complexion had changed so much that if he had been asleep they would have thought he was dead. He was staring into the sky but didn’t appear to be seeing anything. “My little baby girl” he added as if he was almost in a trance. Then noticing Raven was staring at him his thoughts came back to the present.

“Well they won’t have you too!” he said turning to Raven. “That baron has cost me everything that I valued most in life. He is certainly not going to have you! He has put the city into a state of lockdown, which means he’s trying to keep a person or group of people from getting away. Judging from what your friend said about the jail, I would guess he is looking for you. He would have had his thugs here by now I’m guessing if the riots hadn’t slowed’em up. Quick, back inside!”

Just as he said that, both he and Raven were flung to the ground by Cambei. At the same time, a small hole was made in Gabe’s wooden floors as a snipers bullet missed Raven’s head by just inches. Cambei had seen the culprit just before he had pulled the trigger and he threw everyone down just in time with his lightening fast reflexes.

“Get inside now!” he shouted.

Without hesitating they scurried inside and Gabe bolted the door. They were all thinking the same thing. That was no random act of violence by some angry citizen. That bullet had been intended to take Raven out.

It took a second for them to recover from the shock of the incident, as soon as recovered his wits he said “follow me” to Raven and the Cambei he said “You stay here to make sure they don’t come in this way. If they get inside we’re cooked. Take cover behind the bar though, I don’t recon you fancy being blown full of holes if they shoot through the walls.”
    Then he took Raven and led her back to the pantry. Cambei did as he was told, and ducked behind the bar. There were locked cabinets on this side of the bar, which yielded to a couple lightning fast blows. After all, if he could find something more aerodynamic than a bottle of brandy, he could send his own projectiles at any one who made so bold as to enter without permission. To his surprise, he found a cash of guns, ammo, knives, and other oddments of mass destruction. He also saw the bar was lined with a thick metal plate. “Bullet proofing??? It would seem that out host has more to him than meets the eye.”

Meanwhile Gabe had taken Raven to the pantry, she was protesting of course. “Really Gabe…I can take care of myself in a fight. I don’t need to be locked away like some damsel in distress.”

“Nothin doin honey. You’re gonna be in the safest place I know of. Things are starting to add up in my old brain and the odds aint lookin too lovely. This riot’s no accident, I don’t think that bastard Vardel started it after all. You’ve got a bounty on yer head.”

As he was talking he was pulling up a rug that was on the floor and fumbling with a padlock. Once he got it unlocked he pulled open the door to a cellar. “Follow me, and don’t go throw’in a fit about it neither” he added as he saw Raven getting ready to protest. She gave in, more out of a since of urgency than because she thought she would be any safer.

However when she had gone in she found to her surprise that the walls of the cellar were not wooden but made of hard cold stone. At the bottom she could dimly see beer casks and wine racks. “This is where I keep all the good stuff.” He winked. However, he did not stop here he went over to one of the wine racks at the further end of the cellar and began to shove it aside. “A little help here miss if ya please” he grunted.

Raven obeyed out of curiousty now. On the other side of the cellar there was a thick iron door. Gabe pulled out a key and twisted the lock. The door opened to solid darkness. Gabe walked in and did something apparently because light sprang up from several points in the room. Relics??? Gabe had relics, and what’s more he knew how to use them??

The room was larger than Raven had first guessed. On the walls were many relics, weapons, maps, and other gadgets that she had no idea about. “What is all this??”

“No time to explain, I’ll just say that I used to be part of a group of resisters, who tried to stop Vardell from coming to power. He never found this place, it wasn’t my tavern at the time. But he had my whole family killed because he suspected I was involved in it. Now I’m the only one who knows about this little secret. You should be as safe here as you would be anywhere. You know how to use one of them?” He was pointing to the shelves of relics.

13. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    “Dame it,” cursed Mason. He watched every thing going to hell in a matter of hours.
    He stepped out of the door and scanned the streets trying to make something out of the madness that was before him. Kathleen followed close behind. “Fugg,” spoke Mason.

Fugg was standing just in front of the tavern watching the crowed rush about. He turned and eyed Mason, “what?”

“Have you seen Fen?”

“I thought she was still inside.” Fugg stated.

“There she is,” pointed Kat. Mason and Fugg followed her finger just in time to see fen dash out of sight into an ally.

“Fugg, can you get the Rover and bring it around? In this crowd people are going to start looking for an escape and I don’t want them getting any ideas about claming are vehicles.”

“What are you going to do?” asked Fugg.

“Find Fen, if I can but if I am not back with in the next five, head down the street to the local temple. We will meet you there.”

“Ok but you better not be late. I don’t feel like hanging around this crowd for long and I wouldn’t want to leave with out yah.” Fug straightened his sword and head towards the rover.

“Kat go with him, you won’t be safe with me.” Mason never waited for a reply from Kat, time was slipping away and every moment counted if fen was in trouble then he was going to see if he could help.

Kat dashed around back of the tavern to follow fugg.

Mason made his way across the street to were Fen was last screen. The fires were in a full rage with know one was trying to put it out. Every one was just trying to survive and looting had started in full force.

On top of the outer wall were some of the last Guards stood there ground and didn’t get into the looting them self, some one screamed “The mutants are coming.”

Mason know it wouldn’t belong before they started to crawl out of every hole and from under every rock for miles around. They were attracted to mayhem like a moth towards a flame.

Just before Mason slipped inside of the ally he could see Goblin men, man made demons and horror spill over the mud brick and sand stone walls.

He didn’t care about what he couldn’t do any thing about right now so he shrugged back his shoulders and tried to find Fen. He hollered her name and removed his colt. The hard wood felt comforting in his hand not that it gave him a sense of power but it made him have a small sense of security. The ally way was dark and stones were scattered about.

Screams could be herd from behind but mason didn’t pay any attention. He noticed a place that look to have a recent cave inn. There was no were else in the ally for her to have gotten to but Mason still didn’t lose hope that she wasn’t still alive. With know were else to look he hunkered down calling Fens name and started to remove the stones that had fallen into place.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  14. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    The room was larger than Raven had first guessed. On the walls were many relics, weapons, maps, and other gadgets that she had no idea about. “What is all this??”

“No time to explain, I’ll just say that I used to be part of a group of resisters, who tried to stop Vardell from coming to power. He never found this place, it wasn’t my tavern at the time. But he had my whole family killed because he suspected I was involved in it. Now I’m the only one who knows about this little secret. You should be as safe here as you would be anywhere. You know how to use one of them?” He was pointing to the shelves of relics.

Raven was confused,"I'm sorry but I don't no any kind of Magick" she admited sadly. Looking over to Gabe she saw His eyes close tightly, "I was trained to be an elite assassin since I was able to walk...I only quite being the Merc's puppet because I hated Killing innocent people!" she began to explain to the old man.

Gabe sighed heavily he walked out of the room he and raven closed the door behind him. Going over to another wall and began to open it" then these would be more use to you!" he replied reviling an entire cash of wepponds "Take you pick Lass, They all work or I wouldn't have even bothered to keep them around" he replied pulling a double barrel shot gun off the wall and pocketed a few hand fulls of bullets.

Raven's eyes went wide in aw and wounder, "Holy crap" he gasped. Walking over she spotted an identical pair of Colt 45's "I'll take these beautys right here" she grined wickedly.

Gabe,"Hold on! I don't wnat you going up there so they can get their grimy hands on you!" h objected.

Raven walked over to the old man, "Look I know your trying to help me... I have Firends up there that are doing the same! But I can take care of myself!" she spoke softly

Not liking this he opened up a drawer and pulled out some kind of leather harness, "Then take this! The was my old sholder holster" Gabe replied.

Raven sliped the sholder holster over bothe of her sholders and grabed a box of amo and sliped it into the pocket of the appron that she still had on. Grabing another box she quickly loaded both guns and sliped then into place "Lets go! We can't let the Monk have all the fun up there" she rerplied as she fallowed Gabe as he made his way back out.

Before Raven knew what was happening Gabe had closed the door behind him "Sorry Lass But I won't let them get to ya" he whispered apoligeticaly.

Pounding onto the door Raven tried to get out of the room but it was of no use. Fustrated, she walked over to the weppond cash and looked around, "Ah there you are" she replied picking up a sliancer. Once it was screwed on she pioned the Colt towards where the door hinger were and shott severial timje untill the dorr came free and she was able to get out. Before she new what was happening Raven watched in horror as Gabe charge out into the common room fireing both barrels of his shotgun.

"Where is she old man" one man asked loudly.

"I won't let you have her!" Gabe replied.

"Fine ...Kill him!" the man ordered.

The next theing Raven knew, two more shots rang out and the sould of a body hit the floor "Noo" she screamed as she stood in the doorway. Right in the middle of the tavern lay Gabe lifeless body "Gabe No" she cried out runing blindly into the mkiddle of the room.

"Ah there you are" one man laughed as he grabed ahold of the back of Ravens hair and threw her to the floor infrount of another man.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  15. Darth Qui-gon

Darth Qui-gon Man its good to be back

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    After Kabora had a little fun with Raven she asked if there was anything He needed from the market.

" A new cape, similuar to the one I had would be nice" Then he decided to reappear cause the fun was over, then Kabora felt something weird. Like danger was on its way. Then Raven saw a weird look about his face,

"Whats wrong, Kabora?" she asked suddenly

"Just be carful out there Raven" he warned her in a concerned voice

"Alright I will be and I'll see what I can find. Gabe is upstairs, he'll let you know if anyone is comming. I shouldn't be long" Raven replied as she opened the door and walked out. After she left he still couldnt help but feeling that this place was in danger. Then he realized that he didnt have his sword. He must go get it from the jail but how to do it without any alarm. It wasnt being seen that worried him it was the fact that he didnt want anyone to see doors opening for the fact the sword would but hanging in mid air on its own. the only way for it to go invisible with him is if it was on him when we turned. so he would have to reappear for a short time. But he saw no other choice, danger was on its way and he needed his sword. He went back to being invisible and went up stairs. he went to the back room where gabe was working and looked around to see if anyone was around. when he knew everyone was gone he reappeared behind Gabe and just then he turned around and jumped back.

"HOLY SHIT!!!! jesus man you scared the hell out of me.(After Catching his breath) well you must be the one that Raven was helping out. Pleased to meet you, the name is Gabe."

"My name is Kabora and I'm very sorry to scare you, and yes i was the one in a little trouble. I want to thank you for houseing me here. It could get you in a lot of trouble, Thanks again."

"No problem, so what can i do ya for, you had to come up here for more than a reason to say thanks. you wouldnt risk getting caught over something like that"

"You are wise, and yes i wanted to let you know that i need to go get something i left. I just wanted to tell you incase Raven should get back and wonder where i am."

"No problem, i will let her know should she come back before you."

"Thanks again"

"I said no problem, no need to thank me every second, once was good enough"

"Tha...(Kabora stops then nods before disappearing again)"

"Well, you need to teach me that trick, that could come in handy (gabe says with a chuckle)"

Kabora then climbed his way up to the roof to come up with a plan to get the sword. while he was up there thinking he thought to himself "I need a diverson" just then the riot broke out in the part of town the jail was in. "Perfect" he again thought to himself. He ran and jump from roof top to roof top. Once he stated to get closer to the jail he past Cambei he almost said hi, but it was in the middle of the air and he didnt want to scare him so he would mess up the landing. so he kept going. then he noticed that it was getting pretty bad. so he went was fast as he could so someone wouldnt take his sword. He got to the jail roof and went inside. He started to walk towards the front of the building. Then he saw it in a locked gun case over throught the front gates next to the desk. He reached his hand through the bars and over the lock. After he used his mind to open the gate he walked over to case with his sword. He did the same thing to open the locked case that reached for his sword. Before he grabed it he made sure no one was around. He grabed it and ran to the back. He reappeared hooked his sword to his waist then disappeared again. He jumped back up and pulled himself back to the roof. Then when he started to head back, he felt the same thing he felt that morning, only this time it was a lot stronger. Raven was in danger, Kabora went as fast as he could back to the inn. By the time he got there he saw that mercs had the inn surrounded. Some of the mercs entered the inn. Kabora stood on the roof wondering how to do this cause he was out numbered 20+ to one, not great odds. Then he heard a shot fired and then Raven scream "NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Kabora said "This is not good" to himself and reappeared on the roof top so that he can save the engery for the fight ahead. He jumped on to to the roof of the Inn, and ran to the backside of the Inn. He used his mind to open the window and droped down and caught the window seal and pulled him self into the room. He then went invisable and made is way down stairs. Then he noticed Cambei in the room held at gun point by 2 guns inches from his head so he was pretty much stuck. and one of the merc was holding Raven against the wall. Kabora knew he would have to act fast. He vaulted the stair rail and the went over to the merc that had Raven against the wall. He started to raise the gun to kill her when Kabora took his sword and sliced off the merc's hand then sliced off his head. The 2 mercs that had Cambei looked over to see what happened. Cambei saw his chance. He jumped up and grabed the gun and shot the other merc standing there then the other one was about to raise his side arm when his head hit the floor from a slice from Kabora's sword. Kabora then reappeared.

"We need to get out of here" Cambei stated.

"No use they have the place surrounded" replied Kabora

"Hey whats goin on in there" one of the Merc yelled from outside

"Are there weapons here?" Kabora now in a hurried pace.

" Yeah there is a huge stash behind the bar" Cambei said

" Not to mention a armory in the celler" Raven now locked and loaded with her colt 45's. some of the merc outside now started to make there way in.

"Raven hurry hide, Cambei get to the back and cover from there." Kabora shouted.

"I can handle myself" Raven said in a determand voice. Kabora looked over at her with a look that Raven went and ducked into the the kitchen, Cambei went to where he was asked to go.

"What the hell is this." one of the Mercs said. He saw 3 of his fellow Merc on the ground and Kabora standing in the room with his sword drawn.

"I guess its the hard way, kill them all" The merc yelled. The mercs opened fire. Kabora blocked all the bullets with his sword so none would go past and hit Raven. Cambei and Raven covered the rear of the inn taking out merc after merc, while Kabora handled the front. Kabora then noticed that the mercs went to reload. He had to kill them before they had the chance to, he charged. He got to the first one and cut off his arms,and stabed another standing next to him. Then one of the snipers took a shot at Kabora, which he deflected into another Merc that was by him. Then he jumped back and through the others out into the street. Now he went back to making sure no bullets hit Raven though the wall.

"Hey Cambei, do you think you could cover the front, I'm going to pay our friend outside a visit." Kabora yelled back to him. With out a word he got up and Raven laid down some covering fire and he went to the bar and reloaded, then nodded at Kabora.

"Raven you in a spot where you wont get it from up here" Kabora then asked

" Yeah, I'm fine."

"Ok good" Kabora then went invisible, then jumped behind the bar and grabed a couple guns (just in case). He started to make his way up the stairs he saw that some of the Merc were trying to sneek in through the second level. Kabora put away his sword and opened fire, ducking below the top of the stairs. "This is not good" he thought to himself

"Cambei they are trying to come in up here, i'll try to hold them off but its not looking good" Kabora yelled. Now Raven, Cambei, and Kabora were now pinned down by the attack of the Mercs.

16. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    The entire house was on fire now… Fen watched in fearful silence as the main beam dropped and smashed against Fen’s ice wall…. A crack started where the beam hit and followed its way to the top. Oh no! Fen thought. After all that work, it ain’t gonna hold! And like that, both her barrier and her hideout fell apart before her eyes… and for a moment, there was darkness…

“Fen! Fen!!” Someone was shouting for her… Fen felt pain, saw darkness, but nothing else… “Fen! Can you hear me?” It was a man shouting… He sounded worried… maybe her dad? Was she having one of those dreams again? “Fen!!!” Wait… that voice… it belongs to Mason! He, he was looking for her. Fen couldn’t help but smile… this must be the first time someone was looking for her, and didn’t wish her harm.

“Ma… son…” Fen whispered. Her stupid throat was filled with dust. Fen hated feeling so helpless… so needy… but she still wanted him to find her. Soon, she could hear movement somewhere near her.

“Fen?” Fen could feel someone touch her gloved hand… it must have been sticking out of the earth. “Sh**. Hold on kid, I’m getting you out.” She heard the sound of rocks and sand move and soon, there was the sunlight blinding her. After a few moments, she could see Mason’s worried face. “Are you ok Fen? What were you thinking?”

She tried to smile and tell Mason it would be ok, but Fen’s hold on her emotions finally gave out, and she started weakly sobbing instead. She was bloody and bruised from the cave in, her leg…. By the pain Fen knew her leg must have got it the worst. Ignoring the sudden screams of pain from her body, Fen pushed herself forward and wrapped her arms around Mason’s waist as he kneeled there, trying to look her over. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” Her voice cracked between sobs.

“Sorry about what kid?” It was time to tell… he had to know…. It was not fair for him to see all this chaos and not know why.

“It’s… It’s my fault this is all happening.”

“Now Fen, I…”

“No, no it really is. The Mercs… they’re after me… they did all this… I was little…. And the Labs… They did something to me… it hurt… it hurt more then anything I’ve ever felt.” Fen looked down at her leg and could see a large chunk of flesh missing. “More then this, even… Then one day… I killed them… a lot of them… with my powers…” the horrors of the past were mixing with her emotions of what was happening now. “… I…I got away… But the Mercs… They’re always chasing me… I thought if I hid with the fires they wouldn’t look for me there…. I’m sorry Mason… they’ll kill you because you’re with me... I’m sorry.” There, she said it: Mason knew.

Fen finally looked up at Mason. Would he leave her now? She knew he was a hard survivor, deep down. People who stayed around her always got hurt or killed. If he was smart, he would leave her right here and now. Fen knew she should have left them the second they got to town… they would have been safer. Now… Now Mason and Fugg and the others… Fen hated herself for being so greedy and staying longer. Not that it mattered now. It was all up to Mason…. But, who in their right mind would keep her?

An explosion of some sort could be heard in the distance. People were still screaming and running for their lives all around. Whatever Mason’s decision, he had to make it quickly.

17. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Cambei had to think fast. The longer he took, the worse their situation was growing. He reached into one of the cabinets that held the cash of weapons. Two grenades. He didn't know how to use a gun, but these were easy enough. He'd learned over time there was a three second delay. Pulling the pins he tossed onee into the middle of the room and covered his ears.

His heart began to race as he was still able to hear the mercs shout, "Scatter!"

He began to think of how he had to capitalise on their movement.

He closed his eyes and waited until

BOOM!

Cambei vaulted over the bar. They'd cleared out of this area, but he quickly saw why. Just before he'd thrown the grenades they'd started fires in several paces in the room. They were going to try to smoke them out. The flames quickly spread and Cambei saw there was only one chance. He called up to Kabora, "Get into the kitchen! It's our only chance!" Before he could find Raven he began to tie various kitchenware items to himself.

Looking over he saw the door from the front was adequately barricaded to buy them time. Raven came out of her hiding spot at the same time as Kabora reached the kitchen. "What's the plan?" Kabora asked. "Start soaking your clothes, they've set fires in the back room, so they've probably cleared out from there. That means they'll be waiting for us to go through the front. If you're wet you'll be able to get through the fire before you're burned. Then get down town and find Mason and the others. I'll create a distraction." Cambei knew they would protest this plan, so he didn't give them the time.

He jumped through the small opening that would take him to the front of the inn. He ducked behind the front counter as the mercs opened fire.He avoided that first flurry, but his make shift armor would only protect him from a few shots. He pulled the pin on his remaining grenade and tossed it into the middle of the room. The mercs in the room cleared as it went off. As soon as he heard the burst Cambei made a made dash to the door while the air was still filled with smoke. There were only a few of the attackers outside amonst the riot that had broken out in this part of the city. Cambei broke through the line before they could fire, then took cover in the rioting crowd. He knew he'd lost the mercs in all the confusion, but his orange robes would give him away before too long. He had too take part in the looting. He entered a nearby clothing shop and grabbe a trench coat and black pants. He went out the back and took to the alley. He'd be fine from here, so he took out the various pans and baking sheets from his robes and left them on the ground as he made his way into a nearby building to get moving. He only hoped Raven and Kabora had made it out okay.

18. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    “No, no it really is. The Mercs… they’re after me… they did all this… I was little…. And the Labs… They did something to me… it hurt… it hurt more then anything I’ve ever felt.” Fen looked down at her leg and could see a large chunk of flesh missing. “More then this, even… Then one day… I killed them… a lot of them… with my powers…” the horrors of the past were mixing with her emotions of what was happening now. “… I…I got away… But the Mercs… They’re always chasing me… I thought if I hid with the fires they wouldn’t look for me there…. I’m sorry Mason… they’ll kill you because you’re with me... I’m sorry.” There, she said it: Mason knew.

Fen finally looked up at Mason. Would he leave her now? She knew he was a hard survivor, deep down. People who stayed around her always got hurt or killed. If he was smart, he would leave her right here and now. Fen knew she should have left them the second they got to town… they would have been safer. Now… Now Mason and Fugg and the others… Fen hated herself for being so greedy and staying longer. Not that it mattered now. It was all up to Mason…. But, who in their right mind would keep her?

An explosion of some sort could be heard in the distance. People were still screaming and running for their lives all around. Whatever Mason’s decision, he had to make it quickly.

Mason looked down and furrowed his brow at Fen. His eyes sharpened on her but then his face softened. “There was nothing you could do but what you did Fen, if I was in your position I think it might have done the same.” Mason pulled Fen away far enough to see her tear covered face. The dust from the fallen stones had mixed with her tears. They were now making black rivers down her small face.

“For now lets get that wound look after,” Mason reached down with his hand and examined the damage done to Fens leg. It was not as deep as he thought it would be, but if it wasn’t cleaned she could suffer from a serious infection. Mason reached for the small combat canteen at his hip and poured the lukewarm water over her cut to flush out the dirt and grime. Mason thought it could use a stitch or two but for now it wasn’t life threatening. He quickly wrapped it with a piece of cotton cloth that he had torn from his shirt securing it with a tight knot. “It is too tight?’ Mason asked Fen from his squat position. She shook her head no to Mason who was already starting to stand again.

“But what about the Merc’s? I don’t want any thing to happen to any of you. You all have been so nice to me and I couldn’t bare it to have one more person’s death happen because of something I might have done. I feel like it’s my entire fault.” Fen tucked her head into her hands and began to cry.

“I don’t see how trying to fight for your life and surviving over enormous odds can be blamed on you. I say it is your right to have a life worth living and to scratch and craw if need be, in this life for every thing you have.” Mason looked down at her eyes locking them with his, “Never give up Fen, You have gone through to much already to give in now and even if you did what would that help? So cheer up were not dead yet and I don’t have any notion to be for a long time.”

“Don’t you worry your little head about the Merc’s I have met there kind before and I have no fear of them.” Hell, he can't think of a single person that he is afraid of. Fear is not part of his nature. Mason smiled down at her and ruffled her hair with his hand. “Not let’s get you out of here Fugg should be waiting at the temple for us by now. OK?”
    “OK,” answered Fen with a voice that seamed like it had gained back its courage.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fugg smiled.

“What is it?” asked Kathleen, “what did you find?” She still had her dagger tucked into a belt that Rapture had picket out for her before the riot began.

“Only a little present that Mason had tucked in the bottom of the back,” He pulled out his head from the back of the rover with a wide smile and winked at Kat.

“What did you find?” she asked wile she got closer to him.

Fugg pulled out a fifty caliber machine gun from the back of the rover with both hands. It was still partially covered by a blanket to hides it from prying eyes. “There are two full belts on the floor as well. It should only take a moment to mount it on top.” He heaved the giant gun to his shoulder and claimed to the top of the rover were a gun mount had been already welded to the top. He placed the gun into the locking bracket with a secure snap.
    “Hand me a belt,” He asked down to kat.

Kat looked into the same place that Fugg had found the gun and started to pull out the heavy ammo. It was heavier then she thought but with an extra effort he had managed to reach up the end of the belt to Fugg who grabbed it into his large hand. He pulled back the action bolt on the gun and placed the large shells inside the catch slide then snapped it into place. It had two vertical handles with round triggers attached to each handle.

“Can you drive?” He asked Kat, but she only answered with a disappointing shake of her head. “Then your going to have to man the gun while I get us moving.”

“But I never used a gun before,” she looked up at Fugg were he was still standing through the center opening of the Rover.

“Then your going to have to learn quickly,” he motioned for her to clime.
    Kat only received a fast lesson from Fugg but she was confident that she could hand the large weapon.

“Remember, only short burst. Don’t hold the trigger down, the shots will go wild,” said Fugg as he climbed behind the drivers wheel.

Just then a giant bug raced around the corner towards the rover. “Get it,” screamed Fugg.
    Kat pulled the duel triggers and thumb size bullets bust from the long barrel. They raked the sand and chipped the walls taking out chips as big as a balled up fist. Kat was so shook up at the sudden explosion of the powerful gun that her shots never hit the bug as it
    continued unstopped towards the Rover.

Fugg pushed the Rover in reverse hitting the gas. As bit of sand and rock were thrown up by the studded tires the bug leaped for kat. Its razor sharp exoskeleton would have torn her to pieces if she had flinched or paused to think. There was no time for her to have even a though. She pulled the trigger again. The hot steel shells ripped through the bug and scattering entrails and grey matter through it’s back.

The bug flew in the opposite direction it had charged it landing first on the hood of the land rover then falling to the sand. Fugg hit the gas again going forward. The rover lurched to the side as the studded tires rolled over the remains of the bug with a sickening crunch of shell.
    “Nice shot,” Fugg hollered to Kat.

Kat knew it was more luck then skill but she was still happy she had survived, “Thanks, now can we get the hell out of here before his friends show up!"

“Sure thing,” Answered Fugg. He turned the wheel and head for the temple.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  19. Luther_the_Great

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Cambei had broken through the circle of Mercs and was out on the street and gone before anyone could see where he went. The Mercs didn’t care where he went so long as he didn’t come back. Their objective was to make sure Raven was dead, and they would kill anyone defending her. They closed in on the inn again. This time they were going to play a waiting game. There were Mercs stationed in adjacent buildings and on the ground. They were hidden for the most part, and those that could be seen were under cover.

Kabora and Raven were in a fix, they couldn’t see the Mercs, and the building was burning down. Kabora could go out and hunt down the Mercs since he was invisible, but that would take time. Raven would be burnt to a crisp. Still, she wasn’t the only one who was having trouble with Merc…

"There's objective number 2. Lets do it" A group of men were sitting on the roof of a building across the street from the fire they had started.

"I told you, offer some bait and she will take it like a fish." Said the man who was sitting behind them all. "We have been pursueing this one for far too long not to know how she thinks." He pulled out a small box that had several lights on it and a few buttons. He pressed one of the buttons and several explosions began to go off in the burning building. The building began to collapse.

"So I'm guessing that takes care of her" said one of the younger men in the group. "With all the trouble they said she was, I was expecting more of a challenge."

"Just keep your eyes on the damn building. She isn't dead you can believe that. That was just to drive her out, and if she does get burned up in the building then you can poke through the rubble until you find her bones for your smart mouth."

But Fen didn't leave the building, she knew that Merc was waiting for her wherever she went and if she couldn't survive inside the fire she wouldn't survive outside. She could see the building falling apart all around her. Then CRASH, there was darkness.

The superheated gases swirled outside her makeshift chamber. Soon debris were piling outside her ruined barrier and beginning to build up inside of it as well, right on top of Fen’s unconscious body. Then… a funny thing happened. Her relic began to glow softly, then get brighter, finally it was a violent blue that outshined the blazing flames. “I’m here little one” whispered a bodiless voice that went unheard. Water began to bubble up through the dirt that Fen was laying on. It encapsulated her entirely, leaving enough air for her the breath. As the hiding place collapsed, the water shield held off much of the dirt and debris and protected her from harm. Then the water seemed to lift Fen up and move her closer to the surface of the ground.

So it was that Mason was able to find Fen, almost as if he was guided to where she was buried. He found her small hand sticking out of the rubble. Of course when he pulled her out, there was no sign of water, Fen wasn’t even wet. Still she was not out of danger yet.

“What does he think he’s doing?” gaped one of the men on the roof across the street. They had been waiting there patiently and had seen Mason walk up to where Fen was buried and of course they watched as he pulled her out. Now they watched as he held her, tending her wounds.

“What does it matter what he’s doing. He’s in the way of our target, which we now know is alive. Take him out.” The foremost man aimed a sniper rifle at Mason, and zeroed in on the back of his head. Mason had no way of knowing he was seconds away from death. His assailant and his accomplices were hidden from sight and sound. Then Mason suddenly bent down to wrap a makeshift bandage around Fen’s leg and his head went out of the crosshairs. The assassin patiently waited for him to straighten back up again. The bandage was almost fixed, it was only a matter of seconds before he would sit up straight again, and then it would be all over.

All of a sudden the air top of the building got very chilly. The Mercs watched as Mason stood up with Fen in his arms. “What are you waiting for?” Then they knew their sniper had not taken the life of his victim. He was dead. His lifeless body was slumped over the butt of his rifle. They noticed a small shiny metal dart was stuck in his side. Then many things happened at once.

Some of the Mercs began to take aim at Mason and Fen to keep them from getting away. The others turned around to see a lone dark figure.

POW POW POW!! Mason whipped around, his first guess was lightning but then he remembered that there were no clouds in the sky. Mason had seen a bright flashing light and heard loud booming sounds coming from across the street. He looked up as the crown a building crumbled in ruin, along with five men, who had apparently been killed by the blasts he had just heard. He whipped out his gun, holding Fen with one arm. He saw a black figure dash away to another roof. He fired but the figure was moving irregularly making it hard to hit. The figure vanished from sight and Mason was left to ponder the incident.

He wanted to go over and see who had been killed but the incident made him aware that this was no place to linger in.

20. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Raven heard Cambei call out saying to get into the Kitchen so she left her hidding place and went to see what was going on. Reaching the kitchen the same time as Kabora, "What's the plan?" Kabora asked. "Start soaking your clothes, they've set fires in the back room, so they've probably cleared out from there. That means they'll be waiting for us to go through the front. If you're wet you'll be able to get through the fire before you're burned. Then get down town and find Mason and the others. I'll create a distraction." and with that he jumped through a small opening in the baricade and was gone.

"Where are you going? We need to get out of here Raven" Kabora replied when he saw how she was moving some of the baricade out of the way to make a larger hole.

"I need to get to my room! I can not leave with out my bow!" she stated hurriedly.

Kabora shook his head, "It's just a bow! It's not worth lossing your life over, that we have been trying to save!" he replied sounding a little anoyed. Raven didn't awnser him, "Raven! Come on we need to get out of this place before we're killed!" he replied walking over to pull her away from the baricade.

Before he could grabe her Raven pulled away from him " Don't...don't tuch me...you don't understand...that debt that I told you I was repaying when I got you out of jail...well that bow belonged to the very Elf that saved my life...I can't loose that too" she cried out painfully.

Kabora was taken aback by the pained expersion that suddenly washed over Ravens face, "Alright, but i'm going with you weither you see me or not!" he replied.

Raven shrugged her sholders, "suit yourself",

Using his mind Kabora removed most of the baricade allowing the both of them to reach the stairs. The fire in the back room was spreaning fast and the smoke was beginning to fill the kitchen as it worked its way into the common room and up to the second leval.

Running up the stairs as fast as the could, Raven felt her way down the hallway. When she found her bedroom, Kabora stoped her before she could tuch the door handle Pulling out his sword with one hand he guided Raven behind him as he kicked the door open. Making sure that none of the Merc's were hidding inside he let her go gather her things.

Stuffing her travel clothing inside of her pack and threw it over a sholder she went over to the bed and pulled her bow quiver with attached dule fighting knives out from underneath and slung it over her head and sholder also, "ready, lets get the hell out of here" she replied hurrying over to the door.

Just as they had made there way back down the hall towords the stairs a huge wall of flames had worked its way up the stair case blocking there way out. He new that it was a bad idea on coming up here in the first place, "Damn, get down to the floor now and fallow me. I busted out a window up here to get in" he instructed. Looking over at Raven he saw that she was scared out of her mind, "Raven look into my eyes" he replied catching her attenion" I need you to stay close to me so I can get us out of here" he replied pulling her down to the floor with him.

Doing as Kabora had instructed, she stayed right next to his side as they crawled down the hallway and into one of the bedrooms. She had never been in a situation like this before and had no clue as to what she should do, "I'm scared, I don't know what to do" she called out suddenly

Kabora cursed to himself but he could tell just from the sound of her voice that she wasn't kidding,"Look... I'm scared too, but we can't panic alright!" he spoke in a gental voice "the window is not far fr..." before he could finished a large explosion came from the first floor shaking the entire building violently "Look out.." he screamed but was split second too late.

A large beam had broken free and came crashing down on top of them. Kabora was able to roll out of the way but Raven was not so lucky. Just as she went to roll out of the way it came crashing down on top of her chest pinning her to the floor knocking her uncontious.

Scrambling over to her as quickly as he could, using his mind to move the beam and pulled Raven to him, "Damn you girl, I told you to stay close" Kabora said to himself. Picking her up into his arms he carryed her over to the window he had busted out. He had to do something quick. Looking around him he saw that the building next store had a low roof that stuck out not that far away. Using his mind he carfully lifted Raven up and out the window and placed her onto the roof where she would be safe. Now all he had to do was get himself over there without killing himself and he had to do it quickly because the building was begining to colaps around him. Standing up onto the sillhe jumped onto the roof and landed next to raven. the sound of his landing was muffled by the sound of windows exploding.

For the moment they were safe under the cover of the thick black smoke that was billowing out of the window they had just excaped from. crawlling on his belly over to the edge of the roof Kabora leaned over to get a good look at what the Merc's were up to.

"No ones seen her come out and theres no way she could be inside there and still be alive"

"The boss said that we're not to leave untill we know for a fact that she's dead! Once the fire is burnned down we'll go in and surch for bodies!"

Moving back from the edge, Kabora moved back to where Raven lay "Looks as if were going to be hiding out for a while" he whispered softly as he brushed the hair out of her face. Very carfully he began to check her for broken ribs or bleading, "Well nothing feels broken and your breathing sounds alright. Now all I need is for you to wake up" he thought to himself. Just then her eyes began to flutter open and was about to speak when he placed his hand over her mouth and motioned for her not to speak.

Raven nodded and began to look around at her suroundings. She hissed in pain as she sat up to, "How many are down there?' she asked mouthing the words to Kabora.painfully she reached back and grabed her bow and strung it, "We can use this smoke to our advatage. With your invisabilty and quickness and my bow we can take them" she replied as she set her travel pack down next to her. Looking over to Kabora she saw the corner of his mouth begin to curle up into a slight smile as she shook his head,"What?" she asked clueless as to what he found so amusing.

Search tags for this page

how to use sedril leaf for protection

sedril leave to protect