RPG #16 - Barteris

Discussion in 'RPG # 16 - Barteris' started by Nienor, May 11, 2006.

1. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The sun was just rising over the horizon. In the distance there could be heard the sounds of a sleepy city getting ready to wake up for another day of productive activity. People were ambling around town getting ready for the new day. Merchants were wheeling out their wares, shopkeepers were sweeping off their steps, and animals were being brought into town to be slaughtered, skinned, plucked, or processed. It was no wonder with such activity that two ordinary looking men went unnoticed as they walked just outside the city wall.

They walked on for a good way down the road, almost out of sight from the watch tower on the wall, then they walked under the shadow of a tree and sat down.

“So what do you want me to report to him?” asked the older of the two. He was brown eyed, white headed man with a white mustache. He had a look of refinement about him, they all did really (being employed by a man who detested slovenliness).

“Say that I have everything under control. There will be no more slip ups. I have them constantly under surveillance. I will update him through Agent 41 if anything pressing arises. Also tell him that Agent 33 has been taken care of in Hell’s Kitchen, very cleanly I might add.” This other man was much younger, probably in his early thirties. His skin had a dark tan from being out in the desert for so long. His eyes were bright blue. His hair was neatly combed and parted, he had the outward appearance of a wealthy business owner.

“Well so long, and I hope for your sake you don’t mess up again” said the white haired man and he disappeared into the shadows of the early morning. The other just sat there and stair at the brightening day for a while, and then he walked back to town at a brisk pace, with very much the air of a business man. No one would have suspected the business he was really involved in.

2. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    It was before dawn; Fugg was already awake and had added his new acquisitions to his indumenta, wrapping the Kristallklinge’s scabbard with pieces of worn cloth to make it look scruffy and cheap, otherwise it would be like a neon advertisement claiming “mug me”.

He was ready to leave and go sell his old sword when someone knocked the door.

“Yes?” He asked

“Breakfast’s ready sir” Fugg was surprised to hear a woman’s voice, so he opened the door.

“Sorry my husband is not here now, he left to the East End of town to do a little business this morning”

“I see” Fugg replied. He then proceeded downstairs to the dining room where he had a good meal.

After he had breakfast he went to sell his old sword. He was walking through the concurred street looking for an agreeable establishment to do business.

“That one will do” He thought to himself when he saw a minor seller with a somewhat well stocked store.

“Good morning, whattaya goin’ to buy?” Asked hoarsely the owner of the store, a mid-heighten pudgy man.

“To sell” Answered Fugg.

“Hmmmmm alright sho me what ya got” Asked the owner in a grumpy tone.

Then Fugg handed him over his old sword.

“Ooooh not bad, not bad, hargonian eh” Said the salesman when he unsheathed the sword, making an effort to lift the huge blade.

“Hey, I’ll tell ya wha I’ll give ye 800 nadyrs for it, this stuffa hard to come by ‘round here y’ kno” He bargained.

Fugg already knew about sword prices and since it was a little worn he accepted the offer

“Alright” He said

“Ya won’t regret, be sure of it” Said the buyer. “Do ya see sumthin’ ya like? Look ‘round and lemme kno”

“That would be all thank you” Answered Fugg in a calm tone. He knew most store owners sell high after buying. The owner answered with a grumpy grin which Fugg paid no attention to.

As he was making his way through the street, Fugg heard two men chatting about a subject that drew his attention.

“I tell you I had no other way to get away with it dude” said one

“So how did ya do it?” Asked the other

Then the second one tried to whisper but Fugg could still overhear. “I went to the transfimage at Roggoe’s bar. He’s at the backstore, but you gotta kno how to ask, you gotta ask for a double special on the rocks”

“Alright alright but what did you do then?” Asked the first one moved by a sick curiosity.

“I got this dead guy’s bunch of hair and then, the mage used a very rare relic and….poof! Transformed me to look exactly like him and avoided being trialled for raping that girl we mugged the other day mwuahahahaha”

“Hahahaha” laughed the other in complicity. Fugg had already had enough of such a conversation.

He then made his way back to the inn. It was almost 9am when he arrived. He was received by Schultz at the porch who whispered to Fugg:

“There’s the weirdest bunch of riffraffs in there that claim to know you”

“They do” Fugg answered in his accustomed tone.

“Ok then” Said Schultz with a confused look on his face.

As he entered the dining room, Fugg sat at a table near everyone and addressed them:

“It most be important or not all of you would have come, especially since we weren't scheduled to meet until tommorrow” He observed.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  3. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Seeing Fen and Rapture standing into the door way of the kitchen, Raven smiled at the two. It took them a few moments to reconize her, "Well are you two going to stand there or are you both going to come in" Gabe replied waving the two inside.

" Morning I see you two got in here late last night" Raven smiled "But all the same I'm glade your both here, I know whats going on with Kabora and things have changed since you saw him yesterday." she explained.

Rapture gave Raven an odd look as she nudged her head towards the old man, " Do you think its wise to be talking about this so openly?" she asked coutiously

"It's ok, i've already told him about Kabora" she explained "Gabe this is Rapture and the kid is Fen. There some of the firends that I arived with yesterday. Rapture, fen this is Gabe, he's going to help us out" she said giving the old man a wink.

"All I said is that any talking that need to be done about this can be done back here! If any of you young ladys care to earn some mony while your here then I sugest you pick up a knife and start pealing" he replied.

Walking inside of the kitchen " Raven do you know why mason was sleeping in the hallway last night?" she asked sudenly.

Raven chuckled softly, "Don't ask me" she shruged her sholders " all I know is that he wanted to check my room out inorder to see if it was safe. After he was satisfied that it was empty he grabed a chair out of my room and placed it out in the hallway! Don't ask me what was going on in that mans mind " she explained trying not to laugh.

"If you don't mind my saying, it almost sounds as if he likes you Raven" Rapture replied sarcasticly as Fen snickered.

Raven didn't know what to say to that but then she rembered what happened this morning " I highly dought that Fen. If I see that jerk anytime soon i'll show him a thing or two about how to treat a lady!" she spoke in a low growel. Looking over to Gabe "If it's alright I would like to see if I can find the rest of our group and let them know whats going on? I shouldn't be that long" she replied

Gabe nodded his head " Don't go getting your self into any trouble out ther" he replied. Picking up a basket he tossed a small sack of coins and a small list in side of it "while youre out I need you to pick up some things for me" he said handing it over.

With a nodd of her head Raven started out the door, "Raven mind if we join you?" Rapture called out as Fen fallowed right behind as they began walking after her. Once they were out side of the tavern she walked aling with raven for a while " It's none of my busness about what whent on with you and Mason this morning but what ever it was that was said ..." she began to say but a look that she saw in her eyes as raven glanced over to her stoped her from continuing.

"Nothing, we just had a dissagreement this morning. Look do you think you could find Cambei and tell him to meet us in Gabe's Tavern? The trials at noon and I need to talk with everyone before it starts." she replied "I need to go and get this stuff for Gabe and see if I can find Fugg. Fen your more than welcome to join me if you wish"

"Thanks.. I'll see you later Raz" fen replied with a smile.

Rapture nodded "Alright, I can do that. " she replied and started walking off into the direction that she spoted him dancing the night before.

After they parted ways Raven and Fen started off towards the market place. After stopping at a few shops she sudenly spotted an Inn that looked like the one that Fugg had told them to look for him in. walking inside she when up to the bar and was about to asked if Fugg was there when she spoted him sitting down at a table Talking with another man. Raven waited untill he was finished talking with the man before she began to walk over to him

Looking up from his cup of coffiee he saw a woman with black hair and a red pach of placed into a neat braid, "Its that you Raven?" he asked questioning on if it was who he thought it was.

Raven walked over to the table and placed the basket down onto the table, "Ya, it's me" she smiled. A waitress came by to see if she needed anything but she just waved her off "Look I got a job woking at Gabes Tavern , it's not that fare from here. I ran into some guards this morning and I managed to find out when Kaboras trial is" she began to explaine

Fugg looked up "Good now we can find out how much his bail will be" he replied. But then he saw the look upone her face change as a frown took the place of the smile she had walked in with " Whats wrong?" he asked.

"He's not going to get bail! From what I heard there going to exicute him in the morning" she replied sadly. Looking over to the basket " I have to get back to work, I'll be back as soon as I " she replied.

Fugg nodded,"I have a few things that I need to sell first but I'll be there" he replied.

Getting up from her seat, Raven walked out of the inn and went back to the market place so that she could finish up the shopping. As she looked around at the diffrent vedors and gathered the last few items on her list she began to think about just how they were going to be able to get Kabora out of jail before it was too late.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2006
  4. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Cambei had risen with the sun and hopped down from the roof onto the street below. He'd managed to not be seen doing this due to the fact that few people had risen so far. After a few minutes of walking he found the man he'd been performing with yesterday.

"Hey, orange guy, great to see ya. You come for anbother day of some fun easy money?" the man in silver paint asked.

"No, unfortunately I cannot stay. One of my friends is on trial for a crime he didn't commit, and we must liberate him from his prison and then find some way to escape the city," Cambei replied.

"Sounds tough, wish I could help. I'm sure you'll think of something though, by the way, I'm Michael John."

"I'm Cambei, very good to know you."

5. Gil-Galad_360

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    After Fugg addressed the group, he called a waitress and ordered a drink.

“I guess you’re here to discuss Kabora’s trial. Is he getting any bail?” He asked Raven.

"He's not going to get bail! From what I heard there going to execute him in the morning" she replied sadly. "I have to get back to work so I’ll see you shortly"

“We HAVE to get him out of there tonight. We'll talk when you're back.” He answered.

Raven then walked out the tavern leaving Fugg with Fen, who paid attention to whatever he had said.

Soon after, Rapture and Cambei walked through the door and, when he saw the others at a table went to join the conversation.

“So, what’s next?” Asked Rapture

“We’ll get him out” Fugg replied coldly.

“Yeah, but how?” Cambei asked.

“We need a layout of the prison first, then we’ll need a corpse, which I’ll take and have transfigured to look like Kabora; I’ll need the rover for that” He answered.

“Why?” Rapture Asked.

"You don't expect me to drag a dead body all over town do you?" Fugg asked.

“Alright” Said Rapture.

“But how will you do that?” Cambei asked.

“Leave that to me, but Rapture can provide us with the body if she will. I heard that there’s a transfiguration mage not far from here; Mason and I will take the body there with the rover and after the mage’s done, we will get him to a safe place until the time is right. We need to replace Kabora with his fake preferably at 3am, when it’s the darkest and the time when most people are already asleep. It is imperative that the one who actually does the operation leave the scene looking like a suicide. Cambei or Raven could warn him during the trial.” He explained.

The others nodded.

“We shall wait here til the others come back. I need to talk to Mason." Fugg said

Last edited: Jun 10, 2006
  6. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    After he got the Rover checked over, Mason had some time to kill so he decided to check out the local country side. He bartered with a local food merchant, who had a stand set up in a small market by the main entrance. The merchant was an elderly lady with grey hair, ragged clothing and skin, browned like old boot leather.

After deciding on a basket of over ripe apples at an inflamed price. He also purchased a couple loafs of traveling bread but past on the sun dried meat. He kindly thanked the old women and placed the carefully rapped bundle of food in his pack on the floor of the passenger side.

After he was ready to go he quickly checked his side arm and headed towards the main gate. Mason could see the dessert through the open gate were several guards armed with various crude looking weapons watched over everyone who was trying to gain entrance. The guards were in the process of checking a couple of women at his approach. Mason noticed that there was a long line of haggard looking people walking on foot, mixed in with merchants in there odd looking wagons pulled by enormous teams of oxen. The people who arrived on foot held a look of desperation as they tried to move past the guards with out being noticed but the merchants looked like they were just annoyed at the slow moving line.

Mason was glade the exit was not as crowed as the entrance but he hated the prospects of returning if the entrance was going to be as crowed when he returned.

He pulled up and left the rover running as the guards checked over the rover to see if anyone was hidden inside. Two guards kept there cross bows trained on Mason’s chest as another looked through the back windows. There was no one to find so they directed Mason to keep moving along. Mason never said a word to the guards to make the inspection as short as possible.

After his exit of the town mason headed west towards a high sand dune he spotted in the distance surrounded by a few small scattered shrubs. After he arrived at his destination he quickly shut off the Rover and reached for his traveling bag. He stepped out of the rover closing the door with a slam. As he claimed the dune his boots crunched the fine sand, sending small gains rolling down the slope behind him. When he was almost at the top he stopped and placed a hand over his eyes to block out the blazing sun. He pulled off his pack and pulled out a small round brass cylinder leaving the pack at his feet. He pulled the cylinder until it extended a good two feet.

The ship captains spy glass was not as good as the inferred goggles he had once owned before a thief walked away with them but it was better then using his bare eyes. He could have used the scope on his rifle but if some one was watching him they might think it was a threat.

As he looked through the old spy glass he could see nothing other then the town he had just left. The landscape was barren with some mountain ranges towards the east and sand spreading out for miles.
    Towards the north he could see the land becoming rockier with slightly more vegetation. Mason dropped the glass from his eye and compacted it back up using the palm of his hand. He tock a deep breath and exhaled slowly. There was no were to run if the escape attempt turned sour he thought, a good tracked could follow there tracks for day’s.

He knelled down and removed the food he had purchased earlier from his pack. He unfolded the bread from its rapping and ripped off a chunk. He was about to place it in his mouth when a stone struck him in his shoulder. It wasn’t hard enough to hurt him but it did make him drop his food and remove his revolver.

Another stone landed to his right kicking up sand on its impacted. Behind Mason there stood a few gather bushes blocking his view of his assailant. He slowly moved towards the bushed and kept his head low so he would receive a blow to the head. So far the stones had missed there mark greatly but Mason still didn’t want to be on the receiving end of a lucky shot. He moved the bushes with the barrel of his gun to the side slowly so he could see who was attacking him.

Mason raised an eye brow at what he was seeing before him. A young girl, no more then seventeen years of age stood holding a stone in her small first trying to peer at him on her tip toes over the bushes, her tongue pinched between her lips as she stretched for view. She must not have noticed him move because she jumped in fright as he stood holding his gun out in front of him.

“Put it down miss,” Mason spoke in a cold tone. She didn’t drop the stone but pulled it back over her shoulder. Her eyes held a look of fear. “Back off, I am warning you,” She spoke trying to find courage. Mason smiled at her courage but still didn’t lower his gun.

“Did you expect to kill me with those stones?” he asked out of curiosity.

“No,” she replied “I was just trying to scare you off.”

“Why is this hill yours, If it is I am sorry for trespassing,” Mason started to lower his gun as she started to lower her stone. He holstered it the same time she dropped it onto the ground.

“It’s not my hill; I was just hoping I could scare you off, so that you might drop some food behind,” She looked like she was about to cry.

Just then Mason noticed how skinny she was. She looked like she hadn’t eaten in days. Her skin looked like it was pressing ageist her bones. All of a sudden she fell and started to sob. He cheeks were forced into her hands covering her eyes. She looked up and spoke through a choked voice,” you’re a slaver aren’t you. I was afraid this would happen. I don’t want to go back,” she cried. “Please just kill me now, they might have already killed my sister, just do it quick,” she dropped her head and cried into the yellow sand.

“I can’t do this any more, I will not be a slave again,” she didn’t even look at Mason but kept crying and talking at the same time.

Mason could only feel one thing as he looked at her. Anger

Not anger at her but anger at the injustice the inhumanity the suffering that the planet had fallen into. He walked over to her and reached down touching her on her shoulder. She flinch at his touch and snapped her wet face towards him, “are you going to kill me,” her lips quivered. “No spoke Mason but I dame well am, going to feed you!”

“You’re not a slaver?” she asked trying to wipe away tears.

“I have never been and never will be one. Come let’s get some food into you and my be you can explain how you ended up here.”

7. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Rapture awoke, feeling uneasy without knowing why. There was no sense of danger, and she instinctively glanced at Fen’s sleeping form. Great. Just great. Getting woken because she’s getting a bit of a nightmare or something. She sat up with a silent sigh, noting it was early morning anyway, decided not to try and get a few more minutes of sleep. She noticed the tears, and brushed aside a spark of curiosity as she got out of bed. Then she heard Fen whisper.

“Mother…where are you?”

Focusing on Fen’s breathing patterns and aura, she realised that Fen was awake. Crouching beside the girl she said, almost reluctantly, “Fen?”

Fen raised her gaze up to Rapture and after a moment’s hesitation leapt into Rapture’s arms, hugging her tight. A little stunned, Rapture merely held the girl lightly, almost reflexively, comforting in her silence. Ugh! What is this? Some kind of maternal instinct or something kicking in? Boy am I glad nobody’s here to see this…Still, if it helps… Rapture was also secretly glad that any tears or whatnot from the girl would not be a problem had she been wearing conventional clothes.

After a moment Fen composed herself, and Rapture nodded a little absently, indicating that it was not a problem, even offering a smile. Fen cheered herself up, saving Rapture the awkwardness of having to do so.

“Let’s go downstairs and see what the others have decided! We’re gonna free Kabora today!” the girl said, heading down.

Right. Kabora. Who is he again and why should I care? Why do THEY care? She argued with herself that she had been sensing something not right about the place in general, but hadn’t had the time to focus and pinpoint anything. Clearly, whatever she was sensing was not directly relevant to her. Yet.

Downstairs they caught Raven just as she was about to leave, and she quickly introduced the two to Gabe. Rapture noted with an inward smile that Raven had indeed called her, and Fen, a a friend.

“If any of you young ladys care to earn some mony while your here then I sugest you pick up a knife and start pealing" Gabe said at one point, gesturing to the kitchen where edible goods could be seen awaiting such attention. Yeah, that’ll be the day, thought Rapture derisively. I’d sooner peel your skin off if you don’t watch out. She considered pocketing one of the knives, just to let him wonder what happened to it later on, but decided they were too ordinary and dull to be worth the effort.

She spoke a little more with Raven, still not knowing the other woman as well as she would have liked, but realised it would have to wait until this Kabora situation was resolved. “Look do you think you could find Cambei and tell him to meet us in Gabe's Tavern?” Raven said to Rapture. “The trials at noon and I need to talk with everyone before it starts. I need to go and get this stuff for Gabe and see if I can find Fugg.”

“Alright, I can do that,” Rapture said, considering a few things.

“Fen your more than welcome to join me if you wish" added Raven.

Fen seemed to need no second invitation. "Thanks.. I'll see you later Raz" fen replied with a smile.

Rapture, kid,” she corrected, pointedly. “My name’s Rapture.”

Gee, kid, you got a strange way to show your gratitude. What am I saying? She’s tagging along with Raven – this is a good thing. She couldn’t easily shake off a feeling that Fen had just jumped ship, whether intentionally or not. And calling her “Raz” no less. Never should have told her, sighed Rapture. Thought we agreed that she’d only call me that in emergencies, when no one else is around…ugh. Won’t make that mistake a second time. If she can’t take my hint from just now…

Rapture headed off, without even grabbing anything to eat, seemingly set on her little task of finding Cambei. Got until a bit before noon. Plenty of time.

She wound her way through the streets, using her every sense to check she was not being followed, and eventually wound her way back to the dark little store that she was at yesterday. Entering, she quickly got in touch with “Garrison” again telepathically. Few knew that the man who responded to the name Garrison in the store was actually just a medium, and the real Garrison was safely hidden elsewhere. Carbos and associates made sure they were uninterrupted while they chatted.

-So, what did you find out?- Rapture’s thoughts touched Garrison’s.

-Nothing you didn’t already suspect. The others are more or less who they say they are. That Raven girl I’m not so sure about. Kabora we’re working on. In fact, we’re still working on most of them. The girl’s the one, though, we know for sure.-

-She’s not hard to miss. Why has no one else collected?-

-You tell me. She’s got some strange power right? Most Mercs and Hunters don’t think some kid girl is worth the time.-

-The bounty?-

-I meant for you it might be worth it, seeing as you’ve already got her. Your call.-

-I don’t know. Who else is out to collect on this one?-

-I know one by name, Yessel Vorgai.-

-Oh, him.-

-Problem?-

-Shouldn’t be. Last I heard he was having some Pirate problems, heh heh.-

-You had something to do with that?-

-…-

-I wouldn’t be surprised if you were. Now, something else you should know. I’ve heard rumours – and rumours only, mind you – that Kite nearly spilled, and they want a confession or his blood.-

-What?! They said–-

-Easy, girl. I said rumours. Just the kind of reaction they’d want from you, I suspect. You and I know Kite and Condor would never tell them anything.-

-So…-

-So, I bothered to tell you because I think you need to pick up the pace a bit. Word is there’s Agents out. You better decide what you’re gonna do with the girl and your current bunch of “friends” and fast. Unless you don’t mind them getting caught in the crossfire.-

There was a relative pause in their otherwise near instant communication.

-First things first. I have to go help save Kabora.-
    Garrison could tell how she felt about it, and was rather amused. -Better get going, lots to do before I find that Cambei.-

-Remember, Agents about. Watch your back.-

-Will do. Later.-

They broke their connection. Only a few seconds had actually passed in reality. Rapture found Carbos grinning at her, or rather her body. “Carbos, get yourself a whore,” she said casually, knowing exactly what the big man was thinking. Carbos laughed his rumbling hearty laugh and opened the door for her. It was a game that they both knew well for they were old acquaintances.

After making a few stops around town discreetly, she sought out Cambei, and found him, sure enough, at the same place he was last night. She approached just as he was telling someone calling himself Michael John that his name was Cambei.

“Looks like I arrived right on time,” said Rapture lightly, getting their attention. “Let’s go, Cambei,” she said, wanting to waste no time.

“Sure,” the monk said. After saying a quick farewell, Cambei followed Rapture as she swiftly led them back through the milling throng of locals. Rapture was not surprised that he had no trouble keeping up. She explained that they were meeting up before they were going to free Kabora, and Cambei nodded, understanding the urgency.

“You know your way through a crowd,” Cambei noted as they walked.

“I guess,” came the simple, noncommittal reply.

Rapture had sensed he was going to say something else, possibly another observation about her – perhaps her tattoo, as she had noted him staring at it upon occasion – but seemed to change his mind, deciding to wait for another time. Rapture, in turn, had wondered what Order this young monk belonged to, and never had an appropriate time to ask. She knew there was a price on his head too…but knowing it was a religious matter, she had decided to look the other way, for now, preferring not to get involved. Crazy fanatics. He doesn’t look so crazy, but you have to wonder why he’s wanted so badly..

Not long later, they arrived at the meeting place, and joined the others. Fugg addressed them, and Rapture idly wondered who put him in charge. Fugg asked Rapture to find a body that they could use. Ok, when did they decide I’m the one to get the group a body? They’re not onto me, are they? Impossible…

“I can get a body, since it’s for a good enough cause,” said Rapture casually, “but…”

“Why you?” Fugg finished her thought off. Rapture nodded, smiling innocently. “I think we all know you can manage,” Fugg said matter-of-factly. “You can do it without getting caught, I think.”

And you’re right. But still…I don’t just favours for anyone, especially not for people behind bars who I barely know! She considered the rest of the plan, and reluctantly decided that it was good enough. Her role would be minimal, providing she chose a suitable target. Someone who wouldn’t be missed. And yet she would be involved just enough. She made a mental note to be extra careful to not use her usual methods, just in case there were Agents about.

After the group agreed to the plan, they moved off, and Rapture had a few likely candidates in mind.

8. Luther_the_Great

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    It was late morning in the bustling streets of Daitly as a dapper young man made his way down Rag Market Street (the part of town where merchants would gather to sell textile products). He dipped into a small alley and walked until he came to a section where the sides of the alleyway were covered in tapestries. During the day there was a tent set up for the merchant who sold them. The young man walked into the tent, greeted the merchant like an old friend, and then walked to the back of the tent, which was set up against the side of a building. He pulled back the tapestry that revealed a small wooden door; it was the third tapestry on the right. He pulled out a key, the door was usually locked during the day, and walked in.
    He walked down the stairs, whistling a tune, as the passage way got progressively darker. He knocked three times on the door at the bottom, it opened. The hall was lit with several, low-trimmed lamps. The man walked across the hall into one of the rooms, where a man robed completely in black was waiting.
    “Well 41? Shouldn’t you be out trailing your quarry and not bottled up in here like you were on vacation?” said the young man rather crossly.
    “Relax, our connections are doing a good enough job of that. We have half the people in this city willing to help us out, you know that quite well. I’ve got Ned up there bringing in reports. People have been coming in all morning long, started right after you left with the director. They’re certainly being very active this morning.”
    “Well…?”
    “The assassin was up early doing some work for Gabe, she stopped by at the Tavern of that Hargon war vet, what’s his name…Schultz! Apparently she had some message for the big guy, you know…the renegade that recently escaped from North Fort. Anyway, from there he sold a sword and went to Gabe’s Tavern where the others were gathered. They’ve all dispersed now throughout the city.” And the agent continued to relay events of the comings and goings of each other the group members to a startling detail.
    “Oh and by the way, we believe that someone is with them that you should look into. Her name is Rapture, we think she might be a member of one of those disenfranchised groups that broke off from Merc. She’s going about town in some funky get up but her actual uniform is easy enough to spot. We have a file on her but we don’t know much about her origins. She could be trouble to our operation.” With that the man in black slid a file folder onto the table at the center of the room.
    Then the other agent replied, as he thumbed through the file “I saw her in the desert. I don’t know what she has to do with the others but by the looks of it she must have been following them for some reason. I don’t think the Mercs have any idea of what we’re doing, so if she’s with them, she must have her own motives. This file is hardly adequate, I want some new info that will actually shed some light on what she’s doing. I won’t have some random element fooling around with our plans. In the meantime we will have to watch her closely.
    “As for the others, it’s pretty obvious what their doing, they want to break their friend out of jail. Let them do what they can. That’s not our affair. Just keep an eye on them. Also, I want a file on their friend, I haven’t heard anything about him other than what I could gather myself.”
    “There isn’t a file on him, we’ve never heard of this Kabora fellow before. With his abilities you would think he would have raised at least some kind of profile. Its almost as if he popped out of thin air.”
    “Do you think the boss cares about that? I want information on him and the girl and I want it now. Do you understand?”
    At this the other agent stood at attention and simply replied “Yes sir” and walked out of the room.

Meanwhile in the heart of town, a crowd was gathering. At the heart of down town, city hall stood as the tallest building in the district. The front of the building featured a large dias, which one would have to climb in order to get into the building. Public trials were a common sight in Dailty, and they always attracted a crowd. The judges booth was being set up and so was the witness stand.
    As it grew closer to noon, the defendant was led out to the stand (surrounded by guards of course) , with Cambei (who had made his way to the prison at some point before the trial). Then filed out three judges and they sat on their booth. With a loud banging of the gavel, the crowd was silenced. The trial had begun.

9. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    “About eight months ago my family was part of a convoy heading east to a new village we herd was in need of settlers. But when we came through here, men from the town captured my family. There was my father, he died when they first attacked, defending our wagon. My mom didn’t live long after, but she put up a bit of a fight, she was old and couldn’t get a high price at the slave markets so they sent her to the men that lived in the slavers house as entertainment. She didn’t last long there, and died a few days after.”

Mason learned her name was Kathleen when he offered his name first. He watched as she let out a sigh and take another bit of her apple. She had eaten three already and Mason couldn’t get her to say a word until she had at least eaten two in a row with a hunk of bread followed by a large mouthful of water to wash it down.

“So what happen to you?” Mason waited for an answer.

“I was placed in the dungeons under an abandon house until I became more agreeable to there demands. I was to be serving the lead slaver to gain my freedom.” She Looked at Mason as if seeing him standing there for the first time.

“Serve him how?” Mason asked.

She looked at him with a look of contempt in her eyes, “I was to satisfy his need for a year or until he grew tired of me. If I didn’t keep him happy they were going to sell me as a slave. I fought them every chance I got. Kicking, biting and scratched anyone who tried to lay a finger on me. They thought I was so wild they decided that if they locked me up after a month I would do anything they say.

I was locked in that damp dark basement for over a week before I had my chance to escape. I knocked out a guard with a brick I had managed to remove from the damp wall were the mortar had become brittle. I then removed his uniform and keys. Luckily he was the only one on duty at that time or they might have found me slipping into his uniform when they come to check why it was tacking so long. I managed to slip out of the abandoned house with out being seen.

I was so frightened that I could only think of one thing at that time. I had to find a way out. I managed to slip past the guards at the back gate and make good my escape.”

“So why are you still here and not miles away?” He asked in a soft tone.

“They still have my sister in there,” she replied quickly. “I can’t go until I know she is safe and I can find away out for her.” She looked at Mason her lips begin to quiver as she thought of what they must be doing to her. She felt utterly helpless.

“It’s ok,” answered Mason, “I am going back to help some one my self, to get out of that hell hole. If I see her I will try and get her out as well. Do you have any idea were they might be keeping her?”

“No,” Kathleen said and her shoulders slumped. “But wait,” she yelped at Mason then jumped down off the hood of the Rover were she had been sitting wile she ate her now four apples. She raced off around the bushes that he had fist seen her hiding behind. She quickly returned holding a beautiful bagger gilded with perishes metals. Mason watched her as she approached him holding the dagger out in front of her. “Take me back with you I can help. They should know what I look like because I have been out here in his sun for several weeks now living off of what ever I could find.” She watched him waiting for an answer.

Mason had to admit that she probably didn’t look the same as she once did. “Were did you get that?” he pointed to the dagger in her hand. “From the place I had found cover from the sun, over the dune, I only came out when I herd your vehicle stop and crawled out to see who it was. ” she used the dagger to point in the direction she hade just come from.

“Show it to me.”

She led Mason behind her towards the place she had come to call home. It was a small entrance nestled in the back of a small shifting sand dune. “What’s inside?” asked Mason peering into the dark entrance. “I don’t know, I have only gone in a little ways to get out of the hot sun. I was too scared to go any deeper then were the light started to fail from the entrance. I found this,” she held up the dagger once again to show Mason, “when is turned back it was half imbedded into the wall but I managed to free it after a time.”

Mason nodded to her and smiled then he turned his head back towards the small cave. He didn’t have a flash light but he had a torch that he had kept in his rover. Kathleen quickly retrieved it for him and Mason struck a match on the cave wall lighting up the entrance and beyond. He crawled into the cave with Kathleen close behind. After ten minutes the tunnel became wider and started to slop down. Mason was finely able to stand after clearing some fallen derbies from some kind of chamber. Before looking around he helped Kathleen into a standing position behind him. He noticed the look on her face as she peered over his shoulder behind him and pointed. “What?’ Mason asked then turned around quickly.

The oiled socked rag that burned on the end of his torch that was held in Mason’s hand couldn’t show the true astonishment on his face or Kathleen’s. The were standing in a domed chamber facing what appeared to be a fully in tacked building with only miner damage from fallen stones and other things from above. They made there way towards the building and looked around to see if any thing had been disturbed from recent activity. To the best of Mason’s knowledge it looked as though it had never been disturbed in a thousand years or longer. Not a foot print showed in the sand and dust that had fallen from above. The building was a massive structure with no apparent windows. It held a blue tint to the stone walls with one main door looming out in the front. Mason stepped on the stone steps and made his way towards the main door. It was held with large hinges strapped into the stone frame work.

“I had no idea this was here, what is it?” Kathleen Asked. She stepped closer to Mason as if in need of protection. Mason could hear her labored breath in his ear she leaned closer.

Masons own hart was pounding at the sight of the ancient weightings that was gilded into the metal door. He didn’t know what they meant but he had seen those types of words before. “I think it’s an enchant temple. And it appears to be untouched.” Mason placed his hand on the door and it swung inwards. To his surprise it didn’t make a sound. He stepped in to a chamber with the torch held high. Kathleen bumped into him as she walked close behind. “What’s that?” She gasped and pointed towards the back of the room. Mason looked over and noticed that it glowed with as if on fire. He walked over and as they got closer they began to know what was causing the glowing light. There were thousands of Jewels reflecting the touch light back towards there eyes. The walls themselves were covered in gold. Ancient Relics were piled to the arched ceiling and scattered over the floors.

Kathleen was Breathless as was Mason as he swung the torch from left to right lighting up the abundance of artifacts.

“There’s enough to rule the world,” whispered Kathleen.

“May be,” answered Mason. Something caught the corner of Masons Eye. It stuck out from the rest as if every thing else was just there to hide what he was now looking at. Like every thing was no more then a diversion from the real prize. Mason walked over leaving Kathleen to look around. “Don’t touch any thing,” He snapped at her. He didn’t know if she heard him so Mason only hoped.

On a pedestal sat a small delicate chain. It didn’t look like it was worth any thing that’s was Mason come to realize that made it look out of place in so much wealth. On the chain was held a small gem made out of some kind of Dark stone that Mason had never seen before. Words started to sound in his head as it pulled his mind towards it, it was in a language he could describe but it sounded louder and louder pulling his hand closer. He tried to pulled back but something was fighting him ( kale ma kale ma gagre soum a nurum kale ma kale ma).

“What’s this?” Kathleen’s voice broke Masons trance like state. Mason snapped his head around but before he could stop her it was too late. Kathleen was already lifting a beautiful box from a golden slab. Trying to reach for her Mason cried “NO,” The ground started to shack and the ceiling started to fall in large chunks, smashing onto the marble floor. Kathleen screamed and dropped the box. Mason lunged for her just in time to avoid a fallen piece of ceiling that smashed into the place she had been standing a moment earlier.

“Let’s get the hell out of here,” mason grabbed her by the wrist and made his was towards the mane entrance. The ground shook violently with every step. They made it to the tunnel entrance with only miner cuts and burses. After scrambling out of the tight tunnel and praying every inch that it didn’t collapse on there head they finely made it out just in time before the entrance was sealed. They coughed and spit dirt and dust from there laboring lungs. As they turned towards the now collapsed cave, “Well it looks like your coming with me,” spoke Mason then coughed once again.

Kathleen only nodded trying to catch her breath. Mason noticed one thing he didn’t think he had picked up the necklace but he found it clutched in his tight fisted hand. He looked at it for a short second and slipped it into his pocket for safe keeping. He could only hear the voice at a distance now like a whisper.

After they gathered them self’s together Mason walked with her towards the Rover and then they piled in for there trip back to town. They shared the last of the water as the rover made progress to wash the last of the dust and dirt from there throats.

Soon they arrived back to town were Mason had only a brief altercation with a guard before he had been let back in, never questioning Kathleen.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2006
  10. Gil-Galad_360

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Soon, Fugg was left alone with Fen, Raven had gone to Gabe’s, Rapture had gone to find a “candidate” and Cambei left soon after because he had to arrive early to attend the matters of the trial.

“So, what is it going to be of Kabora? Are they gonna kill him?” Asked Fen, Fugg could see worry in her eyes.

“Don’t worry, they won’t” He answered.

“By the way, I haven’t forgotten about the relic I promised you do you still want it?”

She had to admit, she’d peeled every potato about five times over. Then Fugg stood up and headed for the door; then he turned around and addressed Fen.

“Stay close to me” He told Fen once they were on the street. She followed.

Then he led the girl to a decent store near down town to buy her the relic.

“Hey you’re back Fugg” The salesman said, somewhat surprised.

“What happened, did you find him? He asked

“Yes I did, but I would like if we left this for later, right now I just want to get the girl a relic” Answered Fugg in his normal tone.

“Ok I see. I know what would do” the owner opened a drawer and took out what looked like a bronze plate about the size of a small targe with a blue crystal in the center.

“Take a look at this and tell me what you think” He said.

“Water elemental” Fugg said after looking through the blue glass towards the sun.

“It will do. How much is it?” He then asked.

“Just 150 nadyrs” The owner answered.

“I would also like a combat knife with a CQC sheath” Fugg said.

“Sure, here you go” Said the man placing them over the counter. Fugg attached the sheath with a strap to the upper left side of his chest for readiness.

“That is worth 400 nadyrs” The owner reminded.

“Here. I’ll let you know when the time comes Cid” Said Fugg placing the money on the counter and then he walked out followed by Fen.

“Can I practice with it?” She asked.

“Sure, it’s yours” Fugg answered. Then he led Fen to a small park with a fountain in the center.

“Now concentrate and cast the spell” Said Fugg after showing her the spells and meditations.

Then, while casting a water levitation spell, she lost control and about 3 gallons of water fell on her; Fugg almost laughed to see that Fen had finally taken a bath.
    “I’ll wait until you dry on the sun. Unless that you want to take another bath." Said Fugg, this time he couldn’t help a slight smile.

It was almost noon and Kabora’s trial was soon going to take place not far from there.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  11. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Walking along in the market place, Raven was thinking about the plan that the group had come up with to brake Kabora out of jail that night. She had to admite that making it look as if he had killed himself did sound alot easer than the idea she had come up with the night before. The longer she thought about the pan the more she had come to realize that there was just something about Kabora, "What is it about him that makes me feel so compelled to bust him out of that hell hole?" she thought to herself. She didn't even know kabora but had only seen him those few minutes after she was pulled from the quicksand in the desert and had to leave with Mason and the others as a swarm of bugs headed in their direction.

Flash Back

"Konor, Where are you ?" a distant voice called out. Walking along the edge of The Great Woods where it met the shore line of the Burning Sea. A dark haired Elf who had been out with a hunting party soon came upon a strange looking lump laying in the sand. Notching an arrow he slowly and carefully made his way closer to investigate what it was. The closer he got the more he came to realize that it was a limp body, "Over, I found something" he called out to the hunting party. Dropping to his knees Konor carfully rolled the body over and was shocked to see that it was a young girl and that she was still alive ..but just barly.

"What is it? What did you find Son" The leader of the group asked as he ran over. Looking down he saw that his eldest son was holding a young girl's, he could only guess that she was human, in his lap " Lets get her back to the village, the healer will know what to do with her" he replied.

Doing as he was told, Konor handed his bow over to one of the other Elves and lifted the girl from the ground and cradled her safly into his arms. By the looks of the brusing and sand filled wounds that covered her, she had been in some typ of confrontation and had been left to die for who knows what reasion. Once the hunting party was safly back inside the trees he set the girl dow next to a small stream and began to clean her woulds and see if she had sustained any other injuries. Just as he was checking her ribbs to see if any were broken the girls eye flew open, "shh it's alright I'm not going to harm you!" he spoke softly "Can you tell me your name?" he asked

Looking about her new suroundings she then looked uopn the elf that was knelt at her side. Pulling her self up onto her elbows "I'm called Raven" she spoke weekly "who are you and what..." she began to demand but was too week and fell back to the moss covered ground.

Konor smiled, " My name is Konor, I found you laying on the shore, I'm taking you to my people to see our healer. You must rest now and recover your strengh" he replied watching Raven's eyes closed.

End Falsh Back

Walking inside of Gabe's Tavern, Raven headed inside of the kitchen and placed the basket onto the table. "Here you go, " she replied.

"It's abot time you got back " Gabe chuckled, "Now off with you, I'm sure that you have ..other.. theings that you should be doing right now" he replied with a wink.

Raven smiled weekly, "Thanks Gabe, I'll be back after the trial" with that she was offand out the door. It was almost noon and she needed to hurry if she was going to be able to get a good place where she could see Kabora.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Cambei had left the others early to get to the trial where he was acting as Kabora's defense. If he was successful they wouldn't need their plan, though he doubted this baron would stand for being proved wrong in his own township. Still, Cambei would do his best to avoid putting the others in potential danger. And besides, he didn't trust any of the lawyers he would've gotten from in the city.

He arrived at the jail just in time to be escourted with Kabora to the trial. They didn't speak much, so they made it count. "How is everyone Cambei?" "They are all well, with any luck you will be joining us soon." "That is good, the cell was becoming horribly unbearable." They understood each other's meaning, Kabora knew their plan would be skillfully executed, and that they'd very carefully thought it out.

Shortly after they were at the trial, being sworn in. The judge entered, everyone stood then sat again. The prosecution spoke first, keeping it short, they really didn't need to speak much. They pretty much seemed to have it in the bag, until Cambei was set to speak. "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. My client, is innocent. I know this is something every defense attorney says, but this time it is true. The man who horribly damaged our beloved baron, and my client could not possibly be the same man. Because the would be assassin was already within the city when he made the attack, and my client did not stumble in until well after the attack was made. If he was the assassin, and had left the town, why would he come back to such an obvious end? He wouldn't, for anyone clever enough to get into the city, and palace undetected, would also be smart enough, not to re-enter in the same clothing!" Cambei knew this would be turned around, but perhaps he could lighten the sentance.

13. Darth Qui-gon

Darth Qui-gon Man its good to be back

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    A few days had past and Kabora was getting sick and tired of being able to do nothing but sit in a cell. A couple times a day he would get to see Raven to hand out food and water. That was another thing that he was getting tired of bread and water. Every once and a while Raven would be able to sneak him something else like an apple or something, but still he was HUNGRY! The day before his trail was set Cambei came into the cell and told him everything that would happen if things didnt go well at trial, which he knew that it would, But none the less it was a great plan. Then no one would be looking for him and he would just have to stay hidden, which would be easy enough. After cambei left and he got to sit there again and think about what the monk just told him. The next day came and the guards came in and said

"Alright elf, on your feet. Its time to go to trial." Kabora slowly got to his feet

"What am I being charged with agian?"

"You are being charged with Assault and Atemped murder of the Baron" the guard said

"Oh thats right, I forgot since i didnt do it!!" Kabora replied in a sarcastic tone.

"Its not up to me. its up to the jury weither you live or die now"

"Whoa, Whoa... wait a second, the penlty of assault and attemped murder is death?" Kabora said in shock

"Well no, but since it was on the Baron it is"

" Some system this is" Kabora again in a sarcastic tone. The guard put him into cuffs and started to escort him to the trial area. just as they walked out of the jail and Kabora saw the sun for the first time in several days Cambei came up and walked with the guards and Kabora

"How is everyone Cambei?"

"They are all well, with any luck you will be joining us soon."

"That is good, the cell was becoming horribly unbearable."

Kabora was seated and the trial begun and the prosecution didnt say anything. Then Cambei stood up to give his opening statement

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. My client, is innocent. I know this is something every defense attorney says, but this time it is true. The man who horribly damaged our beloved baron, and my client could not possibly be the same man. Because the would be assassin was already within the city when he made the attack, and my client did not stumble in until well after the attack was made. If he was the assassin, and had left the town, why would he come back to such an obvious end? He wouldn't, for anyone clever enough to get into the city, and palace undetected, would also be smart enough, not to re-enter in the same clothing!"

Kabora was amazed. This might not be an open shut case after all.

14. Luther_the_Great

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Then the prosecution spoke up. "It would appear as if this monk not only claims to be a lawyer, which is arguable at best, but he also claims to be a fortune teller as well, that he can see the very outcome of this trial! This is proposterous that the account of someone this criminal was traveling with should be taken over the account of the Baron himself! This man says he saw the defendant on the night of the murder, so does the Baron. Which party has more creedance?"

Then Cambei spoke up "Your honor, if this is a call of character the Baron then the prosecuetion might as well save his breath. There can be no comparrison of the character of my testimony and the testimony of the Water Baron." The croud murmered at this, not neccessarily in disaproval, but merely the fact that no one had been bold enough to call the Baron a liar at court before.

Then before the Judge could say anything, the prosecutor broke in "We don't have to bandy petty words here about the character of the Baron. I have here a list of 20 witnesses who say they have seen this man either entering, leaving, or in the vacinity of the palace on the night of the assault."

And then one by one people came up to the dias and testified against Kabora. These were people who did not know, and quite frankly, they had never seen him before either. They were simply paid off by the Baron and since their testimony could not be exposed as false, it was evidence.

As Cambei could present no further evidence in favor of Kabora, the case was decided in 45 minutes. The Judge read the sentence in a loud voice. "I hear by decree that the defendant Kabora will die tommorrow at sunrise in payment for his crimes againt Lord Vardel and the people of Mertle. May his death be a warning to all who stand here before this court of law that no man is above the law." This last remark always followed an official sentence, and it was no more true than Kabora was guilty.

Kabora was led back into his cell to spend what time was left to him alone.

15. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Mason had arrived back in town just in time to see Kabora lead into the make shift court house. He had left the rover parked just out back of the saloon were he had spent the night. Kathleen had followed him close behind keeping her face hidden and her ornate dagger well out of sight hidden in her ragged clothing.

As Mason approached the main entrance he stood just inside the door watching the trial unveil in front of his eyes. He noticed Raven, Fen and Rapture were also present and doing a good job avoiding unwanted attention. He did want to say any thing to them at the moment because of there involvement with the accused if there plain was to work latter on so he only made subdued eye contact with them and turned his attention back to the trial.

The trial only lasted a few minutes but Mason didn’t expect any thing more then a dog and pony show. “Is that the one you have come to help,” whispered Kathleen into Mason’s ear. Mason could feel her hot breath on the nape of his neck as her quiet but sweet voice broke the tension filled silence at the back of the room.

Mason nodded. “Why are they even having this trial? It looks like they had already made up there mind before it even started,” Kathleen spoke trying to keep her voice as low as possible. Mason shrugged his shoulder but didn’t turn towards her he could still feel on his back her hand move towards her dagger.

“Well there nothing we can do at the moment, we might as well see if we can locate your sister?” Mason quickly left the court room and crossed the street. As he looked back he could see Kabora being lead away in chained monocles and flanked by Barrel cheated guards.

“Are you going to help him?” asked Kathleen pulling a light but dirty blue covering a crossed her face to further hide her identity.

“I will but later, he is safe for now. Lets see if we can find any one who might know were your sister might be. Ware’s it you said you last seen her?” Mason kept his eyes fixed on Kabora.

Kathleen raised her hand and pointed down the street. “ok, lets get a move on,” spoke Mason, “I left the Rover ware Fugg will be able to find it and the traps are all off so if there an emergency he will be able to jump in and we can just hop on his bike if all else fails.” On the way back to the small town Mason explained to the young women who the people were and there names that he had been traveling with just so she would know who friend and foe was, if things got heated.

16. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Soon after Fen and Ras got downstairs, Raven showed up in the main room, and offered to take Fen for awhile. While saying goodbye, Fen accidentally said Ras’s short name… oops.. Ras seemed upset about it. But why? Rapture was not nearly as nice as Ras. Either way, Fen made sure to be more careful about… “Rapture’s” name next time she was mentioned. Soon, the ladies were talking about Mason and what he was doing outside Raven’s room last night… Why did Raven think Mason was such a jerk? He didn’t do anything wrong… he never hurt anyone so far… and he sure knew how to treat Fen like a lady… grownups… It has to be a grownup thing. Not that it mattered, Raven and “Rapture” had changed topic and were soon talking about getting everyone together to discuss about the break. Both were going to go out and search when Raven’s boss Gabe, asked Raven to peel potatoes. That was the problem with jobs, thought Fen, you just couldn’t leave them whenever… it wasn’t nice or fair to the guy in charge. So, Fen decided with a bit of a groan to volunteer for tater duty.

Grr…Stupid potatoes… while everyone was getting ready for the big event, she was stuck… with potatoes…. Well, at least she could pocket a few spuds in case she needed a snack later. Somewhere between ten minutes to a half an hour later, everyone was back, and talking about what needs to be done to break out Kabora. Wait…. There was something different about Fugg… his huge sword… Fen could almost see a glow around the blade… it was like feeling she had when she seen Henry’s growing relic…. Except the squeeze in her gut was a lot stronger with this one. His sword was definitely different. Uh oh, he’s looking this way, Fen went back to potatoes so he wouldn’t catch on that she was staring… but that didn’t mean she couldn’t listen in.

Ah, so they decided to take Fen’s advice after all and make it look like a suicide. Fen didn’t like the idea of killing someone to take Kabora’s place, but she decided to not speak up… at least they weren’t gonna set the jail on fire. The most important thing was that they had ‘til tomorrow before Kabora dies for real… and that didn’t give them much time. With everyone having something to do, they left once again… for a moment, Fen thought that she would be left alone, peeling potatoes the rest of the day when Fugg came to her rescue… he was going to teach her relic magic…

Fen couldn’t be happier.

Telling her to stay close, Fugg led Fen to a certain shop on one of the many streets. The second she stepped in, Fen felt a huge wave of dizziness. There were a lot of relics here… nothing powerful… but… woah. It reminded Fen of a time she went to an incense shop: the mixing of so many different smells… all that smoke, it was enough to give anyone a headache. Not wanting Fugg to see her looking weak, Fen shook off the feeling and kept close behind.

“Hey you’re back Fugg” The salesman said, a surprised look on his face. “What happened, did you find him?”

“Yes I did, but I would like if we left this for later, right now I just want to get the girl a relic” Answered Fugg in his normal tone. For tiny moment, Fen wondered who Fugg was searching for… oh wait, it must be Mason. Fen remembered how Fugg strolled into Hell’s Kitchen’s tavern and asked for Mason before all hell broke loose. Yeah…. That one would take awhile to explain. Fen didn’t waste any more energy on the matter… she was going to have a relic of her own! The owner opened a drawer and took out what looked like a bronze plate about the size of a small targe with a blue crystal in the center…. Pretty… Shiny….

“Take a look at this and tell me what you think” He said.

“Water elemental” Fugg said after looking through the blue glass towards the sun. “It will do. How much is it?” He then asked.

“Just 150 nadyrs” The owner answered. O_O and a bit expensive! Well, by Fen’s standards anyway… but weren’t they all strapped for cash right now? And Fugg was really going to pay that for her? Wow. She couldn’t help but feel extremely lucky and grateful.

“I would also like a combat knife with a CQC sheath” Fugg said. A combat knife with what, what, sheath? Oh… just something for Fugg as well.

“Sure, here you go” Said the man placing them over the counter. Fugg attached the sheath with a strap to the upper left side of his chest.

“That is worth 400 nadyrs” The owner reminded. Wow…. That better be one good knife… then again, her good old dagger was free thanks to a five-fingered discount… she really had no idea how expensive weapons really were these days.

Fugg paid the amount and left the store with Fen nearly skipping behind. She was so excited… Finally, she was going to learn how to control the power of a relic. Fen couldn’t help but hope she could apply what she will learn to her own powers… maybe even enough to be able to take off her own gloves without fear… Well, at least she could hope. After a few more steps, Fen couldn’t hold her excitement any longer and started asking. “Can I practice with it?” She asked.

“Sure, it’s yours” Fugg answered as he handed it to her. As he led her to a park with a fountain, Fugg started telling her how to use the relic by spells and meditation. Then, when at the park itself he made sure she knew the right gestures and could keep her mind clear enough to cast anything… wow. This was so different then what she did with her own power. With her powers it was which state she wanted, and how hard she had to hold back to get the job done. But… with this, she actually had to pull the power out and shape it to her will (as Fugg put it). It was a lot harder then she thought it would be. But, putting all the effort she could muster into meditating and practicing, it was finally time to cast.

“Now concentrate and cast the spell” Said Fugg. Fen forced her concentration through the relic and onto the fountain… float… float… soon, a large ball of water did as she commanded. She tried her hardest to not get excited and keep her mind on what she was doing… with a few hand gestures, the ball started to float overhead, catching the sun like a giant giggling ball of glass. So pretty! Hey! Rainbows could be seen within the… uh oh… The ball of water started to shiver violently while Fen was admiring her handiwork. Ok… don’t panic…. Concentrate…. You could get it back… Just… *SPLOOSH* “DANG IT!” Fen was soaked from the tip of her dreads to the soles of her shoes… what a waste of water. She could hear Fugg from behind.

“I’ll wait until you dry on the sun. Unless that you want to take another bath.” Said Fugg, with a bit of a smile. Fen had to smile too… ok… so what if she wasn’t perfect, at least she was trying… and it was nice to see Fugg smile, he didn’t seem to do that often enough.

After a few more tries Fugg decided that they should go to see Kabora’s trial and meet the others there who were probably witnessing all the bull themselves…. Should Fen speak up? She did see what actually happened….. no… it wouldn’t matter anyway. Who on the jury would listen to a 10-year-old thief?? Fen couldn’t help but want to break the silence while they walked… they were going to see something sad and depressing… they should try to talk about something to lighten the mood.

“So… Fugg…. Why do you wear those sun glasses all the time? I mean, even at night. To look tough? Trust me, I think you would look tough with or without them.” She looked up at him with a smile while they walked, waiting for an answer.

17. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    They walked along the dust covered street trying to stay close together. “Is that it,” stated Mason. His eyes scanned across the street were a tall ramshackle build stood unguarded. It had two rod Iron covered windows on the first floor set into a hard sun bleached brick wall. On the second level a small balcony in much need of repair jutted out from a boarded up entry way.

“They should have her in the lower level below the street.” Kathleen was about to move towards the edge to the street when Mason grabbed her by her dirty coverings. “Let me go I got to get her out,” she cried trying to twist out of Masons steel grip. “We will but rushing in will only gets you killed. Wait here, if I am not back in five minutes then leave.” Mason pulled her back off the open street.

“You’re not going in with out me! That’s my sister in there!”

“All the more reason you shouldn’t come. You’re to emotionally involved.” Mason narrowed his eyes. “IF she is in there then I will get her out, but I can’t protect you if it turns bad.”

“Don’t worry about me, I can take care of my self,” She patted the hidden dagger.

“Listen,” Mason spoke coldly, “I know you survived in the desert and I believe you have a bucked of courage but this is something I was trained to do and too having you along might get not just you killed but her as well. So I don’t want to hear any arguments on the matter or we can turn around right now.” Mason used him commanding tone on the young girl that he had used countless times. He waited for the girl answer.

“What if you’re not back in five minutes,” She asked.

“Then leave, because I will be dead,” Mason stated it coldly then let go of her garment.

He was about to pull out of the buildings shadow were he was standing when Kathleen taped him on the sleeve, “Be careful.”

Mason looked back at her and made a coy smile. “Always am, or I wouldn’t be around this long.” He winked at her then quickened his pace across the dust covered street towards the main entrance. He quickly pulled out his gun and spun the chamber making sure he was fully loaded before tapping on the door.

18. Gil-Galad_360

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    After a few more of Fen’s practicing, it was time to go see the trial; although Fugg already knew it was all set up by Vardel, he decided to see it nonetheless.

It developed just as he thought it would be; in spite of Cambei’s well-executed defense, the paid off witnesses and the prosecutor’s prepotency finally inclined the balance to their favour.

After this disappointing chain of events it was obvious they would have to stick to the plan. Just when Fugg was thinking about it, Fen addressed him:

“So… Fugg…. Why do you wear those sun glasses all the time? I mean, even at night. To look tough? Trust me; I think you would look tough with or without them.” She asked.

“Very simple: to avoid reflections.” He calmly answered.

“Why?” Fen asked again.

“Well, I’m a sniper amongst other things and for a sniper; even the slightest one can be the difference between life and death, especially at night when your eyes get accustomed to the dark; at day, sun is the main source of reflections, so it is convenient to protect your eyes from it.” He explained.

“At night?” Asked Fen with a thrilled expression.

“Flashlights, flares, car lights. There are even some thieves that flash you to stun and then kill you. Besides, I’m used to the dark.” He answered.

“Ok then” answered Fen.

Then, everybody came from inside the Justice Palace and Fugg could see how Kabora was taken along the street to prison. Then he spoke to Raven:

“I need you to take a sample of Kabora’s hair, take Fen with you, she could come in handy; I also need a basic outline of the prison, could you provide them?”

“Sure” she answered. Fugg nodded. “Come on Fen” She called the girl and walked away with her.

“Rapture” Fugg called. “I need you to get the corpse, I’m sure you can do it pretty cleanly.”

“Yeah” She answered and then left.

“Now we must wait for Mason” He told Cambei. Then they proceeded to Schultz’s inn where they talked for a while.

Soon after, Raven and Fen arrived.

“I’ve got the hair” Raven said lowly. “Oh by the way, don’t bother looking for Mason, the rover’s at the back of Gabe’s inn; you can go get it there. Don’t worry, safety systems are off” She continued.

“That only leaves Rapture” Fugg stated.

Then after a while, Rapture arrived.

“I have him inside Fen’s hiding place” She spoke in a low voice.

“Ok let’s move out” Said Fugg. He then addressed Fen:

“Come, I need you to show me your secret hideout.”

“Alright” She said.

Then, both headed for Gabe’s inn, in which back was the rover, so Fugg drove while Fen was giving him directions.

“Over here” she said when they arrived at a building with a hole on one of its walls.

“In there?” Fugg asked.

“Yep” She answered.

Then Fugg parked the rover next to the wall, in order to be able to load the body carefully and without anybody noticing what they were doing.

He then crawled into the hole and, at the rear left corner was a familiar looking corpse which it was the same man who said he had changed his identity to get away with murder.

“I guess this is an example of Divine Justice” Fugg thought to himself as he dragged the body out of the hole, loaded carefully and tied on the rover and then covered with a canvas.

Then, he dropped left Fen back off at Gabe’s inn and proceeded to the relic shop he visited earlier. He needed to sell some things.

“Ah, you’re back” Said Cid.

“Yes, I am.” Fugg answered.

“I guess this time it’s serious since you came alone” Cid noted.

“Yes” Fugg replied.

“So what can I do for you?” The store owner inquired.

“I have to sell some stuff” Said Fugg taking a black velvet bag from inside his trench coat, he then opened it before Cid showing a variety of precious objects, from diamonds and sapphires to gold necklaces and silver bracelets.

“Some stuff you got there my friend; I guess that’s yet another courtesy from our friend Glaudorg.”

“Yes, he’s been quite a faithful contributer” Said Fugg sarcastically.

“Hmmm let me see….” Said Cid closely inspecting every object. “My friend, here you have a total of 7000 nadyrs.” He then said

“That will do” Said Fugg pleased.

“Can I ask you something?” Cid curiously inquired.

“It is to save a friend’s life” Fugg answered guessing his friend’s thoughts.

“Alright, and the girl?” The store owner asked again.

“It’s a long story” Fugg answered sharply.

“Ah, so you finally got married eh” Said Cid with a smile.

“Not THAT sort of story” Fugg said lightly annoyed.

“Alright, sir, I meant no offense” Said Cid with a sarcastic grin.

“Bah, forget it” Said Fugg dismissively.

Ok here you go” Said Cid giving Fugg packs of bills with a value of 1000 nadyrs each. “1000, 2000 ... 7000” Said Cid, counting as he gave Fugg the money. Cid took the jewelry and hid it under the wooden floor lifting a well-simulated hatch; and Fugg put the money inside the velvet bag which he returned to its place.

“So Fugg, when are we going to make our move?” Cid asked yet again.

“I’ll send you a message when the time comes” Fugg said.

“Ok, take care man” Cid said.

“You too.” Said Fugg exiting the store and getting on the rover.

He then headed for Watto Street, where he heard Roggoe’s bar was.

Once there, he parked the rover behind the building and disconnected a few wires to prevent thieves from getting away with it before he could reach and kill them. Then he walked around the building, entered and headed for the counter.

“I want a double special on the rocks” Fugg told the bartender.

“Alright, follow me to the wine depot” Said the man.

As Fugg followed him, the bartender led him to the back room, where a black cloaked subject was sitting behind a weird-looking artefact. Then the bartender left them both alone.

“Are you the one who is getting a service?” The black cloaked man asked.

“No, the one who’s getting the service is in a SUV, behind that door” Said Fugg pointing the door.

“Go get him then” The man said.

Then Fugg opened the door which unlocked as he did so, headed for the rover and, without being seen, took the body to inside the store.

“Oh!” exclaimed the man when he saw the corpse, as if he had seen the dead man before, when he was alive.

“He’s the subject, and here’s the hair” Said Fugg handing the man over the sample of Kabora’s hair.

“Payment on advance please, 4000 nadyrs” The man demanded. Fugg was almost astonished by the incredibly high price of the transfiguration, nevertheless he had to pay.

Without saying a word, he handed the mage over four packs of bills, which the wizard hid beneath his robes.

“Now please stand on this side of the relic” Said the mage, Fugg did so.

Then, as the mage closed his eyes a thick red fog rose flooding the entire room, then out of the darkness where the corpse laid, a dazzling light appeared, it seemed to cover the body in luminous splendour.

Then the mage took the hair and held it up and it was consumed in a green flame, the smoke from the flame mixed with the fog but the, the light wavered.

“Uggg I don’t understand it! The spell is in limbo” He murmured a magical incantation.

The body began to luminess in every colour imaginable, then it began to take a new shape, less stocky and taller; the glowing ears became pointed and the hair grew longer. Then in a flash the shape changed to the form of a human and then back again to an elf; it flashed back and forth ever with an ever increasing speed. Then the old mage let out a yell and there was a loud bang an a flash. When it cleared it looked just as if Kabora had stumpled into the room and died.

“Now exit through the door” Said the mage.

Fugg carried the body to the rover, then secured and covered it on it again. He then returned to Gabe’s inn where everybody was waiting for him.

“Well, is it done?” Asked Rapture

“Yes” Replied Fugg unloading the body from the vehicle.

“There’s a hidden door at the cellar downstairs that leads to a room that will suit our purpose” Said Raven.

Fugg proceeded to the room led by Raven, who showed him where the door was, so Fugg put the body inside, shut the door and both of them returned to the dining room.

So, what’s the prison outline?” Fugg asked Raven.

“It is a rather small one, it looks that no prisoner is there for too long. There are 16 cells, all isolated by bars, like cages, they have also a barred ceiling, so none could escape through the skylight above.” Raven detailed.

“Everybody listen up!” Fugg addressed the group. Then they stopped chatting and turned towards him.

“We will move out at 3 am; Raven and I will proceed to the prison for the exchange you all know about. Now we can all rest before that” He continued.

“Just be sure to be here before 2 am ok?” Raven told him. Fugg nodded.

Then everybody went for a well-earned rest. Fugg went to Schulz’s where he took a nap.

When the time came, Schulz woke Fugg up as he requested, then he headed for Gabe’s to pick Raven up, when he arrived, it was nearly 2 p.m and a bar fight was coming to an end due to Raven’s fighting skills.

When the remaining riot makers got kicked out of the tavern by Raven, Fugg came out from the shadows. Apparently out of nowhere and talked to Raven:

“All set?” He asked her.

“Just hold on” She answered. Then she went upstairs for a while. Fugg proceeded to get the body form the cellar and took it to the rover covered by the darkness of the night.

Then Raven came back, she was dressed with an improvised sneaking suit; tight, black and noiseless.

Fugg drove silently to the back of the prison from the rear streets to avoid being seen in front of it.

When they arrived, Fugg took a rope with a hook on and end and the body with a canvas bag attached to the other; then he tossed it to the roof; when it was secured he climbed first then Raven who climbed aided by Fugg. And lastly, he pulled the body all the way up.

There was a small hatch on the skylights which Fugg opened noiselessly; then he secured Raven to the end the body was and helped her down. Then he introduced the body to the prison by the same means.

Raven then lock picked Kabora’s cell and woke him up without saying a word or making even a sigh. Then Raven handed Kabora over the canvas bag in which a change of clothes was kept. While Raven turned around and ripped Kabora’s coat and made some sort of rope, he quickly changed clothes. Then he dressed the corpse with his clothes, tied the before mentioned rope to one of the transversal “ceiling” bars with the help of the chair that had been all the time into the cell, and then around the dead man’s neck. The result was the exact picture of a case of suicide by hanging.

Then, Raven and Kabora exited the cell, took the canvas bag and climbed up the escape rope with Fugg’s aid.

Then they shut the skylight door, climbed down to the rover and headed back toGabe’s, where the cellar’s hidden door was awaiting him.

When they returned, everybody received their friends with joy. It was mission accomplished

Last edited: Aug 5, 2006
  19. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Walking inside what was considered to be the court room Raven watched as Kabora was being led inside. The sight of him in shackles like that made her blood boil, 'No elf should be treated like that' she thought to her self. Once Kabora was seated and the trial begun and the prosecution didnt say anything. Then Cambei stood up to give his opening statement

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. My client, is innocent. I know this is something every defense attorney says, but this time it is true. The man who horribly damaged our beloved baron, and my client could not possibly be the same man. Because the would be assassin was already within the city when he made the attack, and my client did not stumble in until well after the attack was made. If he was the assassin, and had left the town, why would he come back to such an obvious end? He wouldn't, for anyone clever enough to get into the city, and palace undetected, would also be smart enough, not to re-enter in the same clothing!"

Raven nodded in agreement "The monk has a point there" she muttered under her breath and by the look upon Kaboras face he would agree.

Then the prosecution spoke up. "It would appear as if this monk not only claims to be a lawyer, which is arguable at best, but he also claims to be a fortune teller as well, that he can see the very outcome of this trial! This is proposterous that the account of someone this criminal was traveling with should be taken over the account of the Baron himself! This man says he saw the defendant on the night of the murder, so does the Baron. Which party has more creedance?"

Clenching her hands into a tight fist, "Why that bulbus son-of-a..." what she would give to get her hand onto that lawyer, Raven was fuming at this point.

Then Cambei spoke up "Your honor, if this is a call of character the Baron then the prosecuetion might as well save his breath. There can be no comparrison of the character of my testimony and the testimony of the Water Baron." The croud murmered at this, not neccessarily in disaproval, but merely the fact that no one had been bold enough to call the Baron a liar at court before."

Durring the testmoney of the 20 witnesses Raven galnced bak to the back of the room and spoted Mason standing next to some girl. He simply nodded to her when he could her glance but she truned back around to watching Kabora sitting so helplessly in the frount of the room.

As Cambei could present no further evidence in favor of Kabora, the case was decided in 45 minutes. The Judge read the sentence in a loud voice. "I hear by decree that the defendant Kabora will die tommorrow at sunrise in payment for his crimes againt Lord Vardel and the people of Mertle. May his death be a warning to all who stand here before this court of law that no man is above the law." This last remark always followed an official sentence, and it was no more true than Kabora was guilty.

Walking out of the court room where she spoted Fen standing with Fugg "“I need you to take a sample of Kabora’s hair, take Fen with you, she could come in handy; I also need a basic outline of the prison, could you provide them?” he asked her

Raven was more detrumened to get Kabora out of jail than she was before,“Sure” she answered. Fugg nodded. “Come on Fen” She called the girl and walked away with her.

After walking a ways from where the trial were being held, the two girl made a sharp turn down a dirty back allyway. Making there way through a maze of allys and streets it didn't take them long before thefound the back of the jail, "Fen you keep watch here. If you see anyone comming this way let me know, BUT do not call out my name" Raven instructed her before making her way through the narrow pathway.

It was slow going but it didn't take her that long before she reached the barred window of Kabora's cell. Ducking down the best she could, Raven listened carfully untill she heard the cell door being unlocked as someone was rushed inside of the cell and the doors were slamed shut and locked once again. She could hear someone walk over to the window and let out a heavy sigh. Looking up she could see a hand hanging loosly out the window, "Shhh, Kabora it's only me" she called out in a soft whisper as she straiteded up and looked inside of the window.

Kabora eye went wide in shock, "Raven...What are you doing back there?" he whispered softly after making sure that no one was around to see them talking.

Pulling out one of her daggers, "Look, we have a plan to get you out of there tonight!" she explained as she handed over her dagger " but first we need a lock of your hair" she replied giving him a wink.

Taking the dagger Kabora grabed a hold of a small lock of his hair and cut it, "What eyer you guys have in mind, i'm all for it" he replied. Handing over the dagger and the lock of hair, "I'm glad you are here! you didn't bring that change of clothes I ask for did you?" he asked hopfully

"Dont worry you'll get them!" she smiled "Alright later tonight will be bringing in a body that will look just like you and place it in your cell so that it will look like you killed yourself. I'm sure that Cambie has told you all of this.." she replied "I'll be back with you dinner later tonight, and let you know of where you can hide till we get out of this place"

"Are you sure that this is going to work? Don't get me wrong anything is better than being in here" he asked while he watched raven put her dagger away and tuck the hair away in a safe place "I just don't want you or any of the other to get cought".

Looking up into his eyes "Don't worry we all know what we're doing and once we get you out of here I'll see to it that you get the best meal you have ever tasted" . Just then she heard a can rattle at the other end of the allyway "I have to go now. I'll see you soon, I promess" and with that Raven ducked down the allyway and out of Kabora's sight.

Walking back to where Fugg was, Raven spotted Mason's roverbehind Gabe's. After having a quick look to make sure the saftys were off she and Fen hurried back. Once they spoted Fugg she took out the hair and handed it over to him “I’ve got the hair” Raven said lowly. “Oh by the way, don’t bother looking for Mason, the rover’s at the back of Gabe’s inn; you can go get it there. Don’t worry, safety systems are off” She continued.

After she,Fugg,Fen and Rapture parted ways Raven when off to Gabes tavern. She needed to find a secure hidding place for Kabora once they got him out of jail. Walking around the back of the tavern She decided to check something out that had cought her eye when she was checking the Rover over.

There behind Gabe's Tavern she spoted a celler door that was partialy covered with empty crates. Taking on good look around and was happy to see that there was no one around hurried back inside. After having a good conversation with the old man told her about a secret room he had down there and agreeed to them using it to hide there friend out untill they were ready to leave town.

After a while everyone began to walk into the tavern and made stared to make them selvs comfertable. Then when Fugg arived the rest of the plans were finalized for getting Kabore out of jail.

“Everybody listen up!” Fugg addressed the group. Then they stopped chatting and turned towards him.

“We will move out at 3 am; Raven and I will proceed to the prison for the exchange you all know about. Now we can all rest before that” He continued.

Just be sure to be here before 2 am ok?” Raven told him. Fugg nodded.

Once everybody had when there own ways Raven headed back into the kitchen and got ready for work. She had been thank full with how understanding Gabe had been with her going out and helping the others with getting things together inorder to save Kabora. The evening went quickly for her the normal croud had shown up and busnesss was doing good. That was untill the two drunks from the night before showed up at about one thirty in the morning. Raven was tiard and the constant attempt at getting her to accompney them to a room for what they called "A Good Time" were testing her last nerve.

"Look If your looking for a whore for the night your in the wrong place" she finaly spoke up to the men.

But neather of them paid any attenion to her words. The each got up from their seats and tried to grab a hold of her but in one swift motion Rave ducked out of there path and each of the men landed onto a table that was next to theres. It didn't take long for a fight to brake out. After a few right hooks and a couple round house kicks Raven soon knocked the two men out and aloud a couple of coustomers to take them out of the tavern.

“All set?” a fimlure voice asked her.

Turnning around Raven was quite releaved to see Fugg standing there,“Just hold on” she replied and when up stairs to change. After a quick change Raven went back down stairs to see Fugg sitting in Masions rover ready to go.

Fugg drove silently to the back of the prison from the rear streets to avoid being seen in front of it.

When they arrived, Fugg took a rope with a hook on and end and the body with a canvas bag attached to the other; then he tossed it to the roof; when it was secured he climbed first then Raven who climbed aided by Fugg. And lastly, he pulled the body all the way up.

There was a small hatch on the skylights which Fugg opened noiselessly; then he secured Raven to the end the body was and helped her down. Then he introduced the body to the prison by the same means.

Raven then lock picked Kabora’s cell and woke him up without saying a word or making even a sigh. Then Raven handed Kabora over the canvas bag in which a change of clothes was kept. While Raven turned around and ripped Kabora’s coat and made some sort of rope, he quickly changed clothes. Then he dressed the corpse with his clothes, tied the before mentioned rope to one of the transversal “ceiling” bars with the help of the chair that had been all the time into the cell, and then around the dead man’s neck. The result was the exact picture of a case of suicide by hanging.

Then, Raven and Kabora exited the cell, took the canvas bag and climbed up the escape rope with Fugg’s aid.

Then they shut the skylight door, climbed down to the rover and headed back toGabe’s, where the cellar’s hidden door was awaited him.

When they returned, everybody received their friends with joy.

After Kabora's warm welcome, Raven excused herself reluctanly telling Kabora that she would see him after breakfast the next day. Making her way up to the second floor Raven had no sooner closed the bedroom door behind her than she collapsed onto her bed and fell asleep with out even changing first.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  20. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Cambei had begun walking back to the inn after his sound defeat in court. It had gone over better than he thought it would. He hadn't gotten the whole of their group arrested with Kabora. Besides, they had a plan to get through this relatively scoff free. Yes it seemed despite his failure to get Kabora aquitted everything was going to work out okay. That was until a voice came from behind him.

"Hey you, monk! We'd like to have a word with you!" He sighed Why now? he thought as he turned. It was a small brute squad. No doubt sent by one of the baron's supporteres over his comment today in court. "Very well, but could we speak off of the street?" "Sure, the alley's this way."

Cambei followed the squad into the alley to the obvious end. They circled him and were going to attempt to beat him enough that he'd watch his tounge. However they'd made the mistake of making Cambei have his back to the wall. There were four of them, unarmed, but large. The monk would have to work fast. They all converged on him at once.

Cambei dashed taking several steps up the wall "lizard style," he said as he stopped, still on the wall. Then he jumped down delivering a hard fast kick to one of the men's abdomen, "scorpion style." The man he'd kicked fell to his knees as Cambei blocked the next man's strike and delivered six lightning fast punches to his chest, "centapede style." The two remaining men attempted to attack him both at once, with one hand open and one hand held as if for a chop he managed to deflect their blows and land one of his own, "snake style." Finally Cambei stopped as the man he'd struck threw a punch with all his might into a chop from Cambei. There was a series of pops as the bones in the man's hand broke, "toad style," Cambei said as he too fell to the ground, leaving only one man.

This last brute ran without delay. Cambei helped the other three up and sent them off, they wouldn't bother him again. Now he headed back to the inn to greet wait for Kabora's return and see where they would be headed next.

Search tags for this page

how to use sedril leaf for protection

sedril leave to protect