RPG #16 - Barteris

Discussion in 'RPG # 16 - Barteris' started by Nienor, May 11, 2006.

1. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Everyone had decided after they had left the jail, to see about what kind odd jobs or work they could find while they where there. They all decided that the best way that they could go about this is if they all split up and go about there seperite ways and meet up with each other later that night in the Tavern they were in when they found out about thier friend being in jail. Raven new that the group was going to have to come up with someway to get money.

Walking down the maine street when she came accross a small homely looking tavern. Just from the look of the outside of the building she could tell that this once was a respectible place to get a home cooked meal but before she could even step on foot inside of the place three men came barging out side. All three of them looked like they have been drinking and that neather of them even knew what a bathtub was for by the way their stench anounced their arrivel long before they came close to her.

Once the three men had walked off, Raven carfuly walked inside of the tavern only to see anold man with a mop and bucket trying to clean his freshly ran sacked dinning room. There were broken plates bowle and glasses all over the place, along with something that resembled that evenings meal splatered all about the walls.

" I hate to say this to ya Miss but I'm closed for the evening" the old man replied sadly when he saw the young woman walking towords him.

Raven walked over and picked up the broom that was leaning agenst a near by chair, "Here let me help you out with this, Mister! I can't just go and leave you to clean this on your own" she said giving the old man a friendly smile.

The Old mans eye light up when he saw the newcomer setting to work cleaning up his taven, "Why thank ye, I can't say as to how long it would take me to clean this place up on me own. the last time those ... gental men...were here it took me two days before I could get this place cleaned up" he explained.

"You mean to tell me that this has happened before?" she gasped. She knew that times were getting bad for everyone but why people would come in a trash a nice place as this was still beyond her " My friends and I have just arrived in town. I could stick around and help you out in here if you would like, I can't cook i'm afraid" she offered

This made the old man laugh, "The name's Gabe and you don't need ta worry about the cooking Miss. I be the owner, cook and waiter in the fine establishment" he explained " I'll take you up on yer offer and pay you a fair days wage in return for your hard work. What be your name Miss?"

"You can call me Raven! And I thank you for hireing me on Gabe" she replied.

Gabe nodded, "No need to be thankin me just yet! The croud I get in here is a rough one at times. Inface all of my more respectible patrions haven't been comming around as much as they useto" he replied sadly. Looking around the room Gabe was suprised at just how much work the young lady had gotten done while they were talking. She was just about all finished sweeping up the floors, "Well now, if any of your friends are as hard of a worker as you are I'll be more than happy ta be given them a job in here if they wish" he smiled.

Raven looked around at the work she had gotten done in such a short time, "I'll let them know of your offer the next time I see them. I'm sure that they could even help you out with your little problem also" she replied nudging her head to the door the three men had walked out of "No one should have to deal with those types"

2. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    When everybody left the jail, Fugg addressed the group: “I have to leave you now, there are some things that I must see to ALONE, I’ll be staying in Mad Schultz’s Inn, meet me there in three days.” Fugg said the others nodded. The giant was walking away when he turned around and said “Stay out of trouble”.

He then proceeded to downtown Daitly and headed for a large Inn, inside was a large bar with tables and a lot of people drinking, playing and chatting, Fugg then headed for the counter.

“So how’s the business going today, Mr Schultz?” He addressed the man behind the counter; he looked like if he was in his late 40’s, but he looked strong and fit.

“Fugg? It’s been a while eh” The man answered. “So tell me, what brings you to Daitly? Not another of your missions I hope. Last time I listened to you I almost became dragon food” Schultz continued.

“But I was there, remember?” Fugg said with a slight smile, like remembering old times.

“Yeah, yeah, you show-off. Oh, that reminds me, do you have what I told you to give me?” Schultz asked inquisitively.

“yes” Fugg answered “Let’s go into my office, we can’t wave these things in front of everybody, can we” Said Schultz guiding Fugg to a small room behind the counter “Hey Phelps!!” the Inn owner called, a younger man came from upstairs. “Take care of the counter will ya” Schultz said. Yes sir, the other answered.

“Well now, let’s see” Said Schultz closing the door and sitting down on the other side of the desk, in front of the room’s rear wall. “I had a hard time retrieving it but here you go” Fugg said taking a velvet sack from inside his trench coat, when he took what was inside, Schultz almost fainted. “You’ve brought it!! Let me see it” said the man grabbing what looked like a large claw. “The Great Dragon’s Claw” Said Schultz with amazement.

“So, what do you have for me?” Asked Fugg “You go right to business eh. You know I could get killed if they knew I even had this” Said the man opening a cleverly hidden vault behind the wall. Then he took out what seemed to be a metal chest plate, polished as a mirror and had a strange shine. “So this is it; an elemental guard” Said Fugg, contemplating his acquisition.

“I wanted to surprise you, so I got this” Said the Inn owner smiling conspirationally “What?” Fugg asked. Schultz said nothing, but went to the slightly open vault again, but this time he got a massive sword, as large as fugg’s but different; the scabbard was black leather, decorated in silver with rare designs. The hilt was exquisitely crafted, with a silver-sewn black leather handle and a curved guard. The blade seemed as if it had been polished for years by how looked, but it was double edged and showed no signs of being used.

“You’re selling me a new one, right?” Asked Fugg teasing his friend.

“You have no idea, take a closer look” Said Schultz mirroring the lamp’s light over the blade towards Fugg who took his sunglasses off when he saw a multicolour rainbow-like effect across the blade, as if the light was decomposed.

“Is this….?” He couldn’t finish the question, words died in his mouth. “Yes” Answered Fugg’s friend.

“What do you want?” Fugg asked expecting a stratospheric fee.

“You know” His friend answered.

“You’ll have to give me 3 full mags for my rifle as well” Negotiated Fugg.

“You got it” Schultz agreed.

“Kristallklinge, mumbled Fugg when the sheathed blade was put in his hands”

“You got a very powerful ancient relic there” Stated Schultz.

“So have you” Fugg reminded.

“So, here are your mags” Said Fugg’s old friend taking them from a desk drawer. “Where’s my part then?” Schultz asked.

“Here” said Fugg taking a small wooden box from his coat, he opened it and a collection of golden objects was displayed to the owner of the inn.

“You never let me down old grouch” Schultz said chuckling. “I gave you this because of three reasons: first, because unlike you, I’ll never fight again; second, because if they find out, I’m dead; and third, because you’re my friend”.

“I can only thank you” said Fugg putting his sunglasses on again.

“Blah, blah, blah, blah” Said Schultz waving his arms dismissively. “Enough sentimental crap. Let’s get you a room alright” Said the man guiding Fugg out of his “office” and taking him to the second floor. His new relics were kept out of anyone’s sight wrapped in a large sheet.

“Ok here’s your room and here’s the key, the number’s 12, will you remember that?” Asked Schultz, chuckling and teasing his friend as he put the wrapped relics under the bed.

“Get outta here” Said Fugg smiling.

“How long are you staying eh?” Asked Fugg’s friend in a more serious tone.

“I’ll tell you when I leave” Fugg answered in his tone of always.

“Alright, supper will be served at four. Be late and I’ll be sorry” Said Schultz playing threats with Fugg.

“Will be there” He answered. After Schultz left, Fugg locked the door and fell asleep on the cozy bed

3. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    The group agreed to split up for a while. "I'll take care of Fen," said Rapture seemingly on a whim, to their collective surprise. There was a momentary pause, and both Mason and Fen began to say something. "What, don't you trust me?" she asked dryly, and gave a decidedly challenging stare. She knew that she had done nothing that would make them suspicious (that they were aware of), and there was nothing that they could say to justify why they would not trust her over, say Raven, or any other in the group. She had gathered that most of the group didn't actually know each other much better than the next person.

Her gaze passed over Raven, and she gave the other woman a meaningful look. Go on, tell them, she thought. As if on cue, Raven said, "Of course we trust you." Rapture smiled, quietly pleased. Made a good move, rescuing her, I think.

"You don't mind, do you Fen?" asked Rapture to the girl purposely in front of the others. "We hardly know each other, and I know I wasn't being very friendly earlier. I had a lot on my mind. I thought perhaps we could start over?"

Fen hesistated a moment then smiled, nodding enthusiastically, happy to believe her.

"Great. Then it's settled," said Rapture.

They group made arrangements to meet up later that night, and dispersed. Fen and Rapture were left alone. "So, tell me about yourself," said Rapture, smiling pleasantly. "I know you've already told the others, but I'm afraid I didn't hear most of it," she lied. The mention of Labs back at the farm had certinaly piqued her interest.

Fen looked uneasy for a moment, but tried to hide it under a brave smile. "Oh, I don't really remember much. I don't know who my parents were, and as far as I can remember I've just been, um, living however I can. I sell things sometimes."

"That's a shame about your parents," Rapture said. Fen noticed that Rapture had been steering them into smaller streets as they walked. She wasn't too clear on where they were, but given time she thought she'd be able to get back to the tavern alone if she needed to. "I don't really remember my parents much either. It doesn't matter, as far as I'm concerned." There was an awkward silence, then Rapture said, "You asked about me earlier. Do you still want to know?"

Fen nodded.

Now, how to put this appropriately... "I used to be involved with a lot of things that I'm not anymore. Don't ask, it's not important. My...friends and I got into a mixup with some "bad men" and now...now I'm in the middle of trying to save two of my friends."

"Then why are you travelling with us?" blurted Fen before she could stop herself.

Rapture seemingly didn't mind the question. "Because I need to do a few things, gather some things, before I can," said Rapture. She stopped walking, and Fen noticed that they were standing outside a dark little shopfront. "Let's go in," she said to Fen, and opened the door for the girl. Fen hesitated, then entered, and Rapture followed after, closing the door with a resounding clang.

Inside the shop was darker still, and she noticed that Rapture seemed to blend right into the shadows. Were it not for her black trenchcoat and exposed skin, she would have been nearly invisible. "Yeah?" grunted a beefy man from one corner of the store.

"Get me Garrison," Rapture replied coolly, a tone Fen was more used to hearing.

"Garrison ain't in," came the gruff reply as the figure shuffled with difficulty towards them from behind the counter, a chunky mace in hand.

Fen knew to stay quiet, and Rapture stepped forwards to meet the man, standing between him and Fen. "I can practically smell him, Carbos," she said icily. "Go get Garrison before I shove that mace up one of your orifices."

The man looked Rapture up and down, and suddenly broke into a wolfish grin. "Ha! Had to be sure it was you, Rapture."

"Gee, Carbos. Must be hard with all the Rapture look-alikes around here," she said sarcastically. The man dropped his fake shuffle as he headed somewhere towards the back. Fen could hear a door opening and closing and the sound of footsteps receding.

"Um, Rapture? What is this place?" she ventured quietly.

"Relax, Fen," Rapture said, lightly. "It's just business. You wanted to know more about me, didn't you?" She smirked at Fen, and Fen shivered a little. A few moments later another man entered, but Fen couldn't see his face clearly either because of the darkness.

"You're early," he said by way of greeting.

"I know," said Rapture. "I brought you a few things." She reached inside her trenchcoat and withdrew something small enough to fit in her palm and handed it to the other man.

"And the girl?"

Fen's nervousness increased when Rapture didn't answer immediately, and the two of them looked at her. She couldn't see their faces in the darkness, but imagined that the man was smiling evilly. And Rapture too.

Fen told herself to relax, and it was just the darkness and closeness of the place freaking her out. She could easily leave if she had to, and told herself that she was just getting the wrong impression about Rapture. She seemed to be telling the truth while they were walking only moments ago, and it occured to Fen that maybe Rapture was just very wary of strangers like she was. Still, she didn't know what was going on here, and wanted to get back to the others.

"Her?" said Rapture after a moment. "She's none of your concern."

"Really?"

"Really."

There was another pause as the two looked at each other. Fen knew there weren't any sounds, but somehow managed to imagine that they were whispering something to each other.

"Fine then," said the other man dismissively after a long moment. Rapture said nothing more, but turned to Fen. Fen was already heading for the door, and fumbled with the mechanism before Rapture came and opened the door up for them. Fen said nothing as they began walking off again.

4. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    They had all split up to try and find ways to make money. This would be especially tough for Cambei who had never worked a job in his life. Walking through the streets he thought long and hard on ways he could try to gather some money, but nothing was coming to mind. That is until he came upon one corner where a man painted the color of steel was dancing in some fashion that seemed to dazzle those around him. What was even better was that they were throwing coins into the upturned hat by his feet.

Cambei recognized several of these moves, but the fashion in which this man performed them was interesting. Cambei desided to jump in. After watching for a minute to get an idea for the rythm the monk jumped over the crowd and landed next to the dancer and began doing movements that corresponded to this man's. The result delighted their audience and met with much approval from the metal man. Cambei seemed to have found his means of making money.

5. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Mason walked down the dust covered streets, making his way between tightly placed building built out of the local sandstone, mud bricks and thatched roofs. Some were held together with nothing more then sheet metal and cable ties to hold out the sand and blinding sun.

He came to a couple of mud brick buildings; he quickly slipped between to two checking over his shoulder as he entered the shadows. His hand rested on the ivory handle of his navy colt revolver as he paused and scanned the dark ally way, until his eyes became adjusted to the darkness. He wasn’t expecting to see any mutant or cold harts in the darkness because they had a tendency to hang around the richer sections of the city were the pickings could be found more profitable.

His acid resistant combat boots kicked up the hard packed sand as he made his way along; when he was about half way a cat size rat peered up at him from a pile of rotten garbage that leaned ageist the tan yellow brick work to his right. It made mason flinch and recoil towards pulling out his blaster but he quickly relaxed as he recognized it for what it was. Ten more steps and then Mason arrived at a rust covered door held together with finger size rivets pushed through metal straps. In the center at chest level was a sliding flap that was more then likely bolted secure on the other side. Mason reached up with his free hand and rapped lightly. He didn’t have to hit it very hard because the eco of the metal could he clearly herd vibrating on the other side. Mason never tried to force the door open because he knew from past experiences that it was locked very securely.

The flap shot back and a home made single shot barrel poked out. Mason watched as a pair of crazy looking eyes looked at him.

“What is it?” A raspy voice sounded on the other side of the door.

“Open up, or I will shove that peace of crap up your….,” but Mason was cut of when the other voice cut in.

“Ah if it ant Mr. Coal, Do you know the pass word?” Asked the voice with a slight annoyed tone.

“Since when did any one need a pass word to visit a gully dwarf? Now open up or I will open it for you.” Masons eyes narrowed into fine lines at he looked at the small gun pointed towards him. His warning must have been accepted as pay dirt because the flap slammed shut after the gun quickly pulled back in side.

Mason waited but he could hear bolts being pulled back and bars being removed from the door. The door swung in with a sound of protesting hinges, which fastened it to the stone wall. Inside stood a small man holding the same home made blaster. He had an almost completely bold head with only the odd grey hair strewn about randomly. He stood no more then four and a half feet tall. He was dressed in a wide variety of clothing from a pair of grease covered denim over alls with various tools poking out of his pockets lining his small chest. His skin held the color of a walking corps because of a lack of sun. His left eye looked about in a haphazard manner focusing on nothing or every thing. Mason had seen him before but the mans lazy eye had always disturbed him. Not that he was disgusted by the sight of it. But when he talked to the little mad man he had trouble focusing on his face with out wondering, witch eye was really looking at him.

“I let you in now, what do you want? I have no time, no time,” The man tucked the single shot gun into a box next to the hard steel door.

“You will make time, odd ball.” Mason stated.

“ Don’t threaten me,” spoke odd ball.

“I don’t threaten you should know that by now, I only state facts not threats,” Mason kept his voice cold. “Or do you forget your time in the circus?”

Odd ball swallowed at his memory of the entertainment in paradise, a small city by the cost. Every one knew that going to the circus was a death sentence.

He had been captured in the outlands by cold harts and sold, as that day’s entertainment for the salivating crowds.

To be convicted of any crime in paradise or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time earned you a one way ticked to the center ring. The ring master witch was really an executioner in a guise, had only one purpose, to entertain the crowds.

That entertainment meant finding new and inventive ways to kill some one. Odd ball was pulled along in a slavers cage towards the city for three days. He was scared out of him mind every day because he knew what was coming at the end of his journey. The slavers enjoyed shoving burning wood into the cages and harassing the frightened slaves. They also loved to tell him about his fait when they arrived. How he was headed for the circus and what might happen to him.

He was going out of his mind in that cage as they got closer to the city. But as luck would have it the caravan was attacked by a rouge man in a small pass. He had killed every one but he had also given them a chance to surrender. Then blatantly refused but they paid for it in the end. There arrows couldn’t reach him on the crest of the cliff and as Mason had the advantage of high ground he picked them off one at a time leaving no survivors.

That’s when odd ball meet the rouge gun slinger.

“Ok, ok,” spoke Odd ball, “shut that door behind you and come in.”

Mason followed behind the small man, trying to avoid junk parts and wires hanging like spider webs. Lights blinked and machines rattled.

Odd ball made his way behind a large desk and crawled up on a four legged stool facing Mason. “So what is it, I can do for yeah?”

Mason never took a chair and didn’t think he could find one, if he had a week and a shovel. Piles of things he could recognize but a lot he couldn’t littered the floors and piled about the room. “You know what I am hear for, do you have it or not!” demanded Mason.

Odd ball scratched his pail skinned head with dirt filled nail. “I have the maps, but I..I” he hesitated.

“You what?” asked Mason tapping the gun handle at his side with his fingers so odd ball could see.

“Oh wait let me look; I might have then around here, some place.” Odd ball started to open boxes and then he quickly tossed them away with a grunt. He moved a pile of broken parts and found what he was looking for. “See I knew I had them. You’re lucky; they came in only last week.”

“Nope, you’re lucky,” Mason spoke coldly.

Odd ball never replied to Masons comment. He handed him three pass cards and a neatly folded map. Mason quickly grabbed them and they disappeared into his jacket. “They better be good or I will be back.” Mason turned and was about to leave when Odd ball spoke up quickly, “I hope this makes us square, I hate being indebted to any one.”

“We will see now wont we,” Mason disappeared back towards the door to leave the odd little man to his thoughts and tinkering.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2006
  6. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Between Raven and Gabe the tavern was all cleaned up just in time for the night croud that would be arriving soon. Walking over to the bar Gabe poured them each a drink as they sat down.Gabe soon began to tell Raven about how he and his wife had moved there when they were first married and bore the only child in one of the rooms upstairs. She listened intently to the man talk about how he loved his wife and their daughter, Raven slowly began to drift into her own thoughts. The earliest memory that she had was of growing up in a a whit room where there was alway some man with a clip bord and pen jotting notes down as she played with dull knives and fake guns. As she got older she was soon learning so many ways to fight that she acctualy lost count.

"Excuse me are you alright" She heard gabe speak up shaking her fom her thoughts.

" I'm sorry, I was just thinking about something. What was it that you were saying" she appoligised.

The old man just smiled, "I was just askin you if you would like some thing to eat.." he began to ask but was soon awnsered by the loud grumbing of her stumach "I'll take that as a yes" he laughed. getting up from his seat Gabe looked up towards the stare case that led up to the rooms above the tavern "In the last room to the left up there is my daughters old room... There a trunk with some of her cloths in it that look to be about your size... You can feel free to clean up if you wish after all of that cleaning" he explained then walked off into the kitchen.

Raven got up from her seat "Thank you" was all she could say to him. Walking up the stairs to the second floor and down the hall way she found the last door on the left and slowly opened it. The room was emaculatly cleaned and looked as if it was awating for his daughters return home and set at the foot of the bed was a trunk. Just as he had said, it was filled with clothing that was looked about her size, "I wonder what happened to her?" Raven spoke in a half whisper as she carfully looked through the clothing.

Picking out a white cotten shirt and a long red skirt and an off white lace shawl and set them carfully ontop of the bed. Raven set her elven wepponds over the back of the dressing table chair along with her pack and her trench coat but her gun belt and daggers were set out ontop of the bed. As long as she was going to be staying in this town she thought that she had better dress as the local women that she had seen walking along the market place were.

After she was dressed, she decovered that the white blouse wide cut neck line draped just over her sholders and revealed a slight amount of her cleavage but not enought that a second shawl couldn't cover up. The long redish color skirk was made of a light and floowing material and the white shawl that she folded ove into a triangle was placed so that the longest part went down one leg. Looking about the room alittle she soon came upon a small pair of slippers and was suprised to see that they fit her feet as well. Before walking out of the door, Raven straped one of her daggers onto each of her thighs so that they would be hidden by the folds of her skirt and one tucked securly into the waist band of the skirt.

Making her way out of the bedroom and back down the stairs Raven walked into the kitchen onto to see Gabe packing a few baskets. "What are those for Gabe?" she asked startling the man slightly.

A misty look came about Gabes eyes as he saw Raven standing there, "My you look just as beautifll as my daughter did upon her wedding day" he remarked. Then with a slight shake of his head " Oh these, these are to be brought to the Jail with all of the cleanning that we had to do I had just about forgotten about them tonight! I have a contract with the city to bring the gaurds and prisoners there evening meals" he explained.

Ravens eye grew wide, "The Jail!" she gasped suddenly as her face suddenly became white as a ghost.

"Is something worg raven... I can take these my self if the Jail upsets you so" he replied suddenly.

" No it's alright, really.. I was just not awair that this would be a part of the job is all. I can take them over it would be no problem really" she replied gathering herself quickly.

gabe smiled at her willingness to take on task that needed to be done, "Are you sure" he asked. raven nodded her head yes " Alright then you must hurry, and please be sure to bring my baskets back with you. There are cups already supplied to the prisoners so all you need to do is pour some of the water into each of their cups and give them each a small amount of bread. the larger basket is for the gaurds" he explained showing Raven wich basket held what.

Raven listened carfully, picking up the two baskets " I'll make sure that you get these back, Gabe" se smiled. Turning to walked out the door she saw a basket of fruit " Would it be alright if I took an apple to eat along the way?" she asked inocently.

Gabe smiled " Go a head lass, I'll have your dinner ready for you when you get back! Don't linger in that place to long miss I'll be expecting the evening cowd to be arriving at anytime now." he called out after her.

Walking out of the tavern Raven tossed the apple up into the air, "Mason and the others will not beleave this" she laughed to herself. Out of all the places in the town to find work in she just happened to come by one that would take her right back to the jail. Making her way down the streets she figured out that with her being able to gain access into the Jail and back into nwhere the prisoners were being held that she could get a good enought look around the place to help the other out if it would ever come to having to brake their friend out.

Walking into the Jail Raven was supprised to see that the gaurds that were there before had been releaved and that there was only two young men on duty, "Hold, what do you think your doing here this time of night?" a gaurd asked her

"My employer Mr Gabe has sent me to bring you handsone men your dinner!" she spoke in a soft and flattering tone of voice she new that if she was going to get inthere she would have to lay on some femnine charm, "I was just hired today," she explined.

"Alright, you may leav the baskets here. a prity lady as your self wouldn't wnat to go back there with those vile low lifes" the othe young gauf\rd spoke up as he walked over to Raven.

Raven could feel thier eyes looking at her in a way they shouldn't, "Oh But I ws told that If I didn't go in and give each of those men there bread and water That I would be sent off to find work in a diffrent town." she explained. She new just by the way they were looking at her that that they would by into that line of crap she had just fed them. Sure enough They did, the one gaurd took a hold of the larger basket and the other opened the dors for her and showed her the way to the sells and told her that all she needed to do was holler and they would come to her aid quickly.

Once she saw the gaurd was out of sight she walked over to the diffrent prisoners and gave them there crust of bread and water. Making her way down to the last cell, she picked out the apple and tossed it into the unsuspecting hand and replied with a small grin "Miss me, Kabora?"

7. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    As they left the shop, Rapture was thinking to herself.

This could work. I still need more evidence though, and need to know more about them. First things first. Need to bring in some money, or at least make the attempt. She spared a glance at fen. Poor kid looks starved. Perhaps I'll get us something to eat. What do kids like? What do non-standard kids like? Should probably lose the attitude around her. Don't want her to get all fidgity and nervous. Ha! Look at me! Never had to deal with kids in my life before: how am I supposed to know what to do? Wish Condor were here...

She looked back at Fen, half-expecting the girl to say something any moment now about the little incident in the shop.

8. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Oh, was it ever so good to be back in the light! For the longest time, Fen was sure that Rapture was just going to hand her over to that other man… It was definitely enough to give her shivers, even in the afternoon sun. But, Rapture didn’t hand Fen away… they both left, no fights, no nothing. Rapture… she so mysterious. Yet, she says she has “bad men” after too… Mercs. What did she do to have Mercs chasing after her too? As Fen looked up, she could see the mixed feelings showing on the lady’s usually neutral face, and wondered what she was thinking…oh well. The silence and randomly walking around was not going to get them anywhere. The rest were looking for money, then that’s what they should be doing too… and there was only one way Fen knew of to get that…. Just… could she trust Rapture to back her up… she had to try.

“Hey Rapture… can I call you Rap? We should try to find a way to help everyone as we’re strapped for cash.” After answering about the rap thing, Rapture asked if Fen had any ideas on how to earn it.

“Well, it would be easy enough to make a few glass things… then we can go sell them in the market. A lot people would want to buy from you if you smiled.” Yeah, Rapture was very pretty… it wouldn’t hurt to show more skin either… but that was up to her. “and while you distract them, I’ll get the other half of the earnings.” Fen said with a sneaky smile. “Don’t worry. I use to do this all the time with the other kids. Well first, let’s make something shiny, and we need to go somewhere quiet for that.” Fen rubbed her hands together… ah… finally, something she was good at. Something she could be useful at. Hopefully Rapture would go with it…

Before Rapture could speak, Fen darted out into the crowd, knowing that the other would be forced to follow or lose the girl. Fen remembered being here once before… she couldn’t remember when or for how long… but she had been here before. Hey, that’s what happens when you needed to leave every few months. Where was that place again? Fen could hear Rapture calling from behind. The lady was gaining up. Wow. Fen was sure, as she had the advantage of being able to slip between people, that she would be forced to slow down so the other could catch up. Wait… here! Fen skidded to a stop in front of a wall. A hole only big enough for Fen to crawl into was before her… ah… one of Fen’s many make-shift homes. “I’ll make it bigger for you.” Fen said as Rapture finally stopped behind. “Keep a lookout.” Without looking to see the expression on Rapture’s face, Fen kneeled down, slipped on her goggles and bandana over her face, and took off one of her gloves. Ok… try not to blast the wall apart.. calm down… gas… Fen started slowly rubbing her palm against the sides of the hole, causing a small cloud of stone to be created, and the hole itself to grow. Finally she stopped and placed the glove back on. “There, that should do it, you’ll still have to crawl of course.” Fen said, as she gave a smile and made her through to her little abode.

This one, unlike many others, was actually a small clearing amongst the buildings which have been built together like a giant hive. Giant walls towered at strange angles overhead. Luckily, none of them had any windows. In one corner, Fen had made a pathetic hut of stolen wood and cloth to keep the rain out… nothing else but the soft sand was to be seen. “Here we are. Now no one will see us. I’m sorry I made you run like that… I just…” Didn’t think you would come with me or believe me or would laugh at me if I told you where we were going or what I can do. Fen finished the thought in her head, but only gave Rapture an uncommitted shrug. Hurry, before she asks questions, lets go to work. “Watch this.” Fen said as she once again, slipped off her gloves and put her palms to the ground… liquid… a puddle of sand formed where Fen’s hands touched them. There, that’s enough. Fen slipped on the gloves. “It’s liquid sand… well, liquid glass, I guess. If you want, you can touch it, it’s the same temperature it was before… in this form, we can mold it and make whatever we want.” Fen knew that she had made a giant leap of faith in doing this… but she didn’t do this just show Rapture so they can make glass together. No, not even to show she trusted her. Fen did this to see right here and now if she was a Merc, or another sort of danger to the group… Fen knew that her description had circulated on wanted posters just about everywhere… she was wanted alive… but she was still wanted. Now Rapture knew. If she did anything tricky, Fen would do as she has done many times: run, hide, or… turn her palms toward the enemy.

“So?” Fen said with an innocent smile, “Whattduya think?”

9. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    As Raven was chatting things over with Kabora in prison one of the guards took his leave of the other and walked down the street. No one noticed him as he darted down a dark alleyway. He went to a place where large tapestries were hanging on the walls on either sides of the alley, the work of a local weaver who sold his work there during the day. He went down to the third handing on the right and pulled it aside, revealing a small door. He turned the handle and found it was open. The door led him down a series of steps, the walls were dank and wet, the place smelled of mold and was completely dark (the man had to be careful not to fall in the dark). Finally he reached another door and knocked three times. He heard the sound of metal sliding against metal and the door was opened. The he walked into a narrow hallway (as far as he could tell because it was still very dark). Light was leaking out from under several doors along the hall.

“What’re ye hear for?” said a scruffy old voice. It must have been the person who let him in.

“I’ve come to report a sighting”

“Second room on the right, knock three times.”

The prison guard went to the door and quietly knocked three times. The light went out inside and the door opened. The man hesitantly went forward. Perhaps being an informant wasn’t all perks after all.

“Well?” said an unfriendly voice.

“One of their group has entered the jail for a second time tonight. This time she was carrying two baskets of food. We have a deal with a man in a tavern in the city, goes by the name of Gabe. She had some new clothes on, she must be working for him.”

“What did she look like?”

“She was the one with the black hair with a red lock braided in. Ummm, I noticed she had grey eyes.”

“Oh the assassin. What was she doing at the jail?”

“She appeared to be feeding the prisoners, I guess its part of her job. I can try and prod some information out of her if you want” he smiled thinking of him “prodding” Raven for information.

“Yeah and she can remove your masculinity before you know what is happening. Just leave the information getting to me. Now get back to your post before anyone sees you are gone.”

The guard turned to leave but then halted. “What about my payment?”

“You’ll get your payment when the job is done. Accept that or find yourself stuffed in a gutter drain somewhere.” This satisfied the prison guard and he walked out. The sound of his heavy boots was heard as he lumbered back up the steps.

“I would have thought that you would have learned your lesson about using people like that from your last fiasco” said another voice.

“That was an unfortunate error out of my control. I had no idea someone could be stupid enough to try and put someone in the stew of a tavern full of people. As it turned out, the mission has not been endangered and things are better than they might have been otherwise.”

“Hmmmm, well the boss doesn’t seem to share your views there. He’s gotten wind about that riot in Hell’s Kitchen, and he’s not happy about it. He has assigned three more agents to this operation.”

“Not more… we have enough now, more will just mess things up for me. I have things under control I tell you.”

“Listen, I believe you, but it’s not me you have to convince. All of the operations are getting more agents I've heard. He's throwing everything he has into this. But there is more. He’s sent number one to personally supervise this mission. I haven’t seen him yet and I don’t think he was sent to work in concert with us. He must have his own orders.”

“Number One?!!” The voice was beginning to get nervous. “Damn, I thought this couldn’t get any worse for me.”

The other man lowered his voice to a whisper “It can ALWAYS get worse. Don’t ever forget that.”

“When does he expect me to deliver the goods?”

“He has time, he wants some other ones first before you give him this one. He already has objectives objectives 3, 5, and 11 all ready for shipment from what I've heard. The Calico left town tonight. I watched the caravan leave out the back way just as your friends came strolling in. I'm getting reassigned to objective 7 tomorrow, I hope you have things well in hand when I leave.”

“For now I have the group watched constantly. Every time they go past certain check points I know about it. As you know we have quite a few "friends" in this town. I think they are trying to break their friend out of jail right now. Otherwise I doubt they would keep going back.”

“Is that the urchin who showed up in town all in black, as ragged as a beggar? The one they have framed for Vardel’s assault?”

“That’s the one. If they don’t break him out he’ll be executed tomorrow. Vardel wants to keep up the appearance that he is in control. The boss must have shaken him up pretty bad, he hasn’t said a word about it. He knows we’re around, and he doesn’t want to loose his tongue as well.”

The two men chuckled quietly. It would seem that more was known about the company’s comings and goings that they would have wished.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  10. Darth Qui-gon

Darth Qui-gon Man its good to be back

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    After everyone left the cell Kabora did what ever he could find to do. which turns out to be nothing but sit there. After sitting there he got bored, and decided how to get out of there. Every thing lead back to trouble, which ment he had to stay there. he started to sit there and meditate. trying to pass the time. and to heal his wounds from the fight with the bugs. Next thing he knew he heard someone talking with the guard. he was wondering who it was, but it didnt really matter, he put his hood up and covered his face. After the people were finished talking he could hear the doors open and footsteps coming he looked up and saw a woman with a white blouse and a red skirt giving the inmates a cup of water and bread. Oh great bread and water thought Kabora. After the woman came closer he realized that he had seen her before, but couldnt place from where. when the woman got to him he looked up and she tossed him an apple and said

"Miss me, Kabora?" He just looked at her then he said

" Raven?" he said with a confused tone of voice " What is this, why are you dressed like that?"

" I am working at a tavern now to raise some money to get everyone out of here. it turns out i work at the place that feeds the jail house." and then she gave him a look that told him he should say something nice or not at all

" Well you look beautiful. Still cant believe that it is you." Raven smiled

" Thanks" Kabora started to take a drink of his water. then took a bite out of the apple.

" So since you can come in and out of here to give us food. do you think that you could get me some new clothes? These are a little torn apart" Just as he said that the guard came and said that it was time for her to leave. Raven gave him a look that told him that she would see what she could do. As she walked away he couldnt help but stare. Wow how could that be raven he thought to himself. then he went back to waiting. and trying to pass the time. wondering if anyone else would come see him

11. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Raven turned and began to fallow the gaurd out of the holding cells. A sudden knot formed in the pit of her stumach causing for her to sadly look back at Kabora, "We have to get him out of this place soon!" she thought to herself. Once she had pased through the doors her eyes blinked hard as the large door was shut behind her. Raven could feel a dampness beginning to form in her eyes that she had never experianced before but she would not alow it to take hold of her. The hole time it took her to pass by the gaurds she could feel that something was terrible wrong in that building by the way they never kept their eyes off of her untill she was finaly well out of their sight.

The streets were dark and cold at this time of night. The sounds of rats and other night time creatures could be heard scattering along in the dark. Raven was traped with in her thoughts of how they wewre going to save Kabora from his illdeserved fate with out getting the rest of them excicuted as well.

"Excuse me miss but you shouldn't be out on the streets at this time of night, it's too dangerous" a deep voice spoke up from along side of the main street.

Grasping her dager Raven could hear the man walking over towards her," Come any closer and you will find your what makes you a man laying on the ground next to your feet!" she spoke coldly. She could hear a soft grunt come from deep within the mans throat but her threat never stoped him, "I said stay away" Raven turned quickly to portect herself but realised that she was now standing toe to toe with non other than Mason "Mason... I didn't know it was you" she gasped.

Mason releaced the grip he had onto the handle of his revolver, " Raven?" he asked rasing an eyebrough " is that you?" I had took him a few moments to realize that the beautiful young woman that nwas standing infrount of him, with a dagger held to his midsection, was the same girl that they had saved reacently. Slowly moving placing his hand onto the wrist of the hand that was holding the dagger " Would you mind...Um.. putting this away" he asked slowly removing it from its intended target.

Raven haden't realized where her dagger was still pointed and blused slightly, "I'm sorry about that.... It's just that I" she began to explaine to older man but stoped in mid sentance. How could she explane to him that she was just inside the jail and say Kabora. Looking quickly away from Masons face "I was just on my way back to the Tavern that I just started working in. I could get you a drink if you would like" she replied trying to change the subject.

Mason nodded "A drink sound good," he replied motioning for her to lead the way. He could tell be the troubled sound within her voice that something was troubling her for it didn't sound as carefree. He fallowed closly behind her as she led him into a busy tavern that from the sounds of it was filled with roudy drunken men.

"There you be.. Your late for work I have customers that need attending to" a short older man called over to Raven.

Mason watched as she steped inside of the kitchen and come back out tieing an appron around her waist and went to work. Walking over to the only empty table left in the place, he placed himself agenst the wall just as he always has done and kept a close watch on Raven as she hurried about the tavern. He was suppriesed at beautiful Raven looked, as he finaly got a good look at her new change of cloths. Those thought didn't last long once he saw how the drunks were grabbing and pawing at raven while she tried to work.

Raven was not use to the way some of the men tried to grab her about the waist and nearly pull her onto their laps. A few of the man had even copped a feel of places that was not at all called for in any setting. By the time she was able to bring Mason his drink there was a dark look set about his eyes, "I'm sorry it took me so loking to get to you. I spoke with the owner and he said that there's a room for you if you want it" she explained as she placed his drink down infront of him. She soon walked off and went back to work before she could get an anwser out of him.

By the time that the tavern was closed the floors were just as dirty as they were when she had first walked into this place. Picking up the broom raven set out to sweep up the floor as gabe started counting up thats nights earnings. Getting up from his seat Mason wasked over and stood next to the bar "I'll take that room if it's still available" he replied to the old man but never took his eyes off of Raven.

Gabe placed a room key onto the bar, "Good, breakfast will be served at eight inthe morning" he replied. Looking around the tavern "Raven, I'll finish up down here. You can sleep in my daughters room, You did good for your first night" he replied.

Raven walked over to the two men, "Mason this is Gabe...Gabe this is Mason, his one of my friends that I arrived with today. Now that the two of you know each other I'm going to bed." she replied walking off to bed for the night.

12. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    After Mason watched Raven head towards her Room he quickly followed her. When he had finely caught up to her he placed his hand on her arm stopping her in place. In the dark hallway he looked down into her eyes that appeared to be almost black in the failing light. “What,s..wrong?” she spoke to him hesitantly.

Mason let go of her, “let me look at your room first before you head in.” Raven placed the key in his hand and pointed to the door that she thought might be hers. Mason didn’t want to make much noise in the hall wile he talked to Raven, so he spoke in a low quiet tone. If there was anyone in her room he didn’t want to let them know he was coming. He stepped quietly along the darken hall passing doors that he check by quietly turning them noticing that they appeared to he locked. The walls looked like they had socked up years of pipe weed along with broken picture frames. The carpet that claimed the center of the hall appeared to have been used so much that it was begging to wear though the dirty green fabric so he could see the wood below.

As he approached the room he turned his head towards Raven. She was close behind him trying to make no noise. He removed his revolver from its holster and placed the key in the lock with his free hand. The turned the key slowly and heard a slight click at the tumblers feel into place freeing the door. He didn’t remove the key and placed his free hand on the handle. Ready, he lipped the words to Raven. She indicated with a node of her head and then she pressed her self up ageist the wall.

Mason flew the door open and jumped in quickly. He wanted to take who ever might be in the room by surprise. Any hesitation on an attacker’s part would be a fatal one. Mason kept low to avoid a flying club, knife or bullet. After he checked the scanned the room and noticed it was empty, he started to check around. “Happy,” said Ravens from behind him, trying to push her way past.

“Never,” replied Mason.

Mason noticed a window across the room and made his way over towards it. It had steel bars crisscrossing the thin glass, hidden by a soft pink fabric.

“Well, know one can get in.” Spoke Raven. “Or out,” said Mason. He noticed Raven had picked up a small doll that she had found on the floor beside a stand holding an oil lamp with a sot blackened shade. Raven reached over and turned up the lamp illuminating the room from a soft yellow to a bright orange. “This must have been his daughters,” raven pulled the dolls red hair out of its hand made face so she could see it in the light. It had black button eyes and a mouth that was hand stitched. It looked ragged but well used.

“There was always something about a doll that has no little girl. I find it quite disturbing at times.” Raven placed the doll on the stand carefully as if giving it a place of honor.

Mason made his way towards the door. “Are you heading to your room?” asked Raven.
    “I’ll be in the hall if you need me.”

“The hall, what are you going to do in the hall?” she asked him as he paused in the door way. “You have a perfectly good room; I thought you would want to get some well earned rest. Tomorrow is going to be a long day?” Mason pulled a chair from the wall at the end of the hall in the shadows. “I have slept in worse places,” he got himself as comfortable as he could for the long night.

After he had gotten him self settled he placed his revolver on his lap, he noticed Raven poking her head out the door towards him. “I hope every one will think I am there was well, Ms Raven. Perhaps, if there is something going on in this town. They might seek to eliminate the assassin and his associates. Beside I have learned that if I relax too much, that’s when things fall apart and someone ends up dead.” Mason pulled his coat over his legs to keep out the chill. “I think I might visit the baron tomorrow and see what had happen. Who know maybe he did remove the barons fingers, not like it matter one way or another to me. What does matter is that there is going to be a lot of blood flowing and hopefully it wont be ours.”

“If you get tired get me up for watch,” Raven was about to leave Mason for her room when mason spoke up quietly. “So how was your visit to the jail? Was he happy to see you?” Raven tried to hide a smile and vanished to her room closing the door behind her.

If some could see Masons face in the shadows they might have noticed a thin lip smile as he watched Raven disappear.

13. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    The girl was silent, apparently lost in thought, a little longer than Rapture expected. But then again what do I know? she argued with herself, smiling faintly in amusement. She could actually be one of the Tourists in a very elaborate disguise...

“Hey Rapture… can I call you Rap?" Fen said suddenly. Eh? Wants to call me "Rap"? "We should try to find a way to help everyone as we’re strapped for cash.”

"Yes...I was just thinking the same thing. And I'd rather you didn't call me 'Rap', Fen," Rapture said, dryly. "Just stick with Rapture, if you wouldn't mind."

"Don't you have a shorter name?"

"'Rapture' is hardly a long name."

"But I don't want to always have to say Rap-ture everytime I want to call you. It'd take too long. What do your friends call you? Do they call you Rapture all the time?"

"No, but--"

"So what do they call you?"

Razza, or just Raz, Rapture thought in reply, smiling a little at a memory. Fen must have seen it because she started to ask the question again. "Look, Fen, my friends do call me something more familiar, but they happen to be very old, very good friends."

"They can't be that old. You're not that old, are you?"

Ah, what's your definition of "old"? "No, but--" Rapture was becoming a little on edge.

"I'll stop bugging you if you tell me," Fen said, smiling sweetly.

Uh, fine! Is she like this around the others too? Rapture sighed, giving in. "If you feel you must call me something other than 'Rapture', I suppose I'd prefer you call me 'Raz' than anything else." Definitely not "Rap"...

"Ok!" said Fen, grinning. "I'll call you Raz." She caught the look in Rapture's eyes, then quickly added, "But only when I can't be bothered calling ou Rapture." Rapture merely nodded.

Moving on, literally and conversationally, Rapture said, "So, looking for ways to get rich quick, relatively speaking. Do you have any ideas?" I have a few, but let's hear what you have to say.

“Well," said Fen, "it would be easy enough to make a few glass things… then we can go sell them in the market. A lot people would want to buy from you if you smiled.”

Huh? A rather weird way for a kid to compliment me. Rapture saw Fen's thoughtful expression and guessed what she was thinking, especially when she spoke up next, grinning sneakily.

“And while you distract them, I’ll get the other half of the earnings." Riiight. She's way ahead of regular kids. Maybe she did actually know what she was saying to Mason and Cambei earlier. Well, distract I can do, but do I really want to? “Don’t worry. I use to do this all the time with the other kids. Well first, let’s make something shiny, and we need to go somewhere quiet for that.”

Rapture nodded absently, and Fen rubbed her hands together. Before Rapture could say anything, however, Fen dashed off into the crowd. Reflexively, Rapture immediately pursued the girl, easily reading the movements of the crowd and weaving through. She couldn't help but feel a little excited at actually giving chase on foot for a change but quickly quashed that growing thought in her mind when she found herself reaching for a weapon as she closed in. She called out Fen's name at one stage, wondering if the girl was actually trying to run away from her, or...or something.

Whether she heard or not, the girl stopped in front of a wall. The wall had a small hold in it, and Rapture slowed and stopped she was waiting. Fen did not explain what the significance of this little hole was, but Rapture guessed, by its size that it was a passage that Fen had used before - wherever it led to. Rapture watched, fascinated as Fen enlarged the hole.

“There, that should do it, you’ll still have to crawl of course.” Fen smiled and entered first. Rapture followed without a word, after noting their location. Inside, Rapture took a good look around, and then Fen started to apologise for running off. "I just…” She trailed off, shrugging her shoulders.

Ok, have to be careful not to frighten her. Don’t think that's why she ran, but better safe than sorry.

Fen started talking again. “Watch this.” Rapture watched carefully indeed as Fen demonstrated and explained what she was doing. Even as she was doing so, Rapture could sense her agitation. You're talking a big risk showing me all this, and you know it, concluded Rapture to herself. But why? Are you really that scared? Or lonely? Or what? Trying to see if you can trust me?

“So?” Fen said with an innocent smile, “Whattduya think?”

"What do I think?" said Rapture after an appropriate "thinking" period. "I think it's marvellous. How do you do it? Melt away the wall, and turn sand into glass sculptures?" She vividly recalled the incident at Hell's Kitchen. “It’s…not something you see everyday, you know.”

"I, I don’t really know how I do it,” said Fen, realizing that she should have anticipated that Rapture might ask. Seeing the look in Rapture’s eyes, however, she decided she should probably say a little more than that for now, and did so.

Rapture seemed to be satisfied with the explanation and did not ask anything more about it. Instead she seemed quite interested in making some glass items with Fen, and Fen was glad to oblige. They chatted about inconsequential things while they made some items, and Rapture tolerated some light ribbing from Fen with good humour about some of her less-than-perfect attempts. She made a few strange little objects, which Fen would have thought were more mistakes, but Rapture seemed pretty happy about. One was clearly something like a model building, and Fen asked about it, not surprised that she did not recognise it at all. Rapture muttered that it was just an old memory. After a while they had enough to start.

“Ok. Just so we’re clear: you want me to legitimately sell these while you help yourselves to our tip.” I can chip in there too, if I think it's worth it.

“Yep!” said Fen with a smile, glad about the way things were turning out. “Just remember to smile! And, um, do you have any other clothes to wear?” Fen realized that she hadn’t actually seen Rapture wear anything other than that weird suit under that trenchcoat of hers.

Rapture’s expression immediately changed, and Fen knew it was a touchy subject. “I don’t really have anything else to wear,” Rapture said flatly. I don’t usually have to. “I can’t take it off,” she said tapping her suit around her collarbone. “Well, not all of it. My bodysuit…is partially fused to me. Long story.”

“Well whatever you like. I just thought, maybe you had something else.”

“I suppose I can wear something else over it…” Rapture ventured. Disguises are good. “Do you have anything?” Something that’s not part of that little hut of yours? “Or know where I could ‘borrow’ some?”

“I sure do!” said Fen, curious to see what she’d look like wearing something other than black. “There’s a place not far from here that sells clothes. I’m sure we can ‘borrow’ some without anyone noticing. I could use a new shirt as well.”

So gathering the glass figures, they carefully left the little hideout. They first stopped over to pick up some clothes before heading for the nearest crowded area.

14. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    "What do I think?" said Rapture after an appropriate "thinking" period. "I think it's marvelous. How do you do it? Melt away the wall, and turn sand into glass sculptures?" She vividly recalled the incident at Hell's Kitchen. “It’s…not something you see everyday, you know.”

Well, no evil smirk… and she didn’t say “So YOU’RE the little runt we’ve been looking for!!”. Actually, she was being very nice about it. Yeah, if Kabora could be on Fen’s “ok” list, then so can Raz… Rapture… Raz prefers Rapture. Raz was better though. Then again, if Fen had her way, she would have called Fugg “Fuggles” or “Fugly” by now. But as he was teaching her… and the fact that he was huge, she hadn’t brought that up… yet. And being on the “ok” list, Fen decided it would be ok to tell Raz… something.

"I, I don’t really know how I do it,” Fen could see that Raz wanted to know a little more then just that. “It just happens. When I get scared or anything, it sometimes… flares up. That’s why I have the gloves on… the symbols hold back what I have. I can’t even take them off while I’m sleeping. You’d be surprised how many times I have put holes in walls” and people “ in my sleep.” Fen gave a smile of shear innocence, but a part of her knew that someday, she would have to tell the whole story about the Labs and the Mercs which are after her. But not right now. Raz seemed to be ok with Fen’s words and soon it was glass time.

It was always fun to be the teacher for once. Raz was pretty fast at learning, but she was not nearly as good as Fen. After the simple stuff like plates and bowls, they started making shapes and such. Sometimes Raz seemed to purposefully make mistakes. The glass objects looked like… something… one definitely looked like a building, but Fen had no clue, and was just fine with Raz telling her it was an “old memory”.

After everything was made, it was selling time. Raz was good with the idea of her selling and Fen picking…. But the cloths Raz was wearing weren’t flattering at all. Even worse, her suit underneath literally couldn’t come off… it was sort of fused to her. Wow. And Fen thought a pair of gloves were bad. Well, they would just have to work with Raz’s figure.

“There’s a place not far from here that sells clothes. I’m sure we can ‘borrow’ some without anyone noticing. I could use a new shirt as well.” And that’s just what they did. As Raz asked a few questions to the shop keep, Fen went to work…A blue flowing skirt that went down to the ankles and was slightly see-through. Perfect for showing off Raz’s legs but giving the illusion that there was no suit underneath. A soft white blouse with billowy arms that covered everything, but would be a bit tight around the chest. Again, allowing Raz’s figure to show but not the suit. Then… Fen couldn’t resist getting a new blue shirt for herself and a new pair of kaki pants (with more and bigger pockets!!).

Then, it was glass selling time. Fen was amazed how well Raz could act when she needed to. A pretty smile, a soft sway as she walked, oh yeah, there were lots of buyers soon enough… mostly men, deciding to get something for their “wives” ha… yeah. It wasn’t hard for Fen to pass along the customers, and take anything that was of value. Of course, she made sure not to take before the customers dug into his pocket to trade for a figurine. By sundown, they had sold almost everything, and had enough goods that could have allowed Fen to pack up and leave twice!… if she wasn’t already with a perfectly fine group.

Speak about group members, they were lucky enough to bump into Cambei midday who had been dancing for some extra cash in the market place… he was even cute when he danced his strange and wonderful dance. With darkness closing in, they all decided to look for an inn for a good night rest… and were lucky to come across a relatively clean one that seemed to be closing down for the night. “There’s only two rooms available.” Said the old man. “If you ladies don’t mind sleeping in the same room I could push in another mattress.” He offered. They took it, and with the key they went up the stairway… only to bump into yet someone else from the group seeming half-asleep in his chair.

“Mason???!?” Fen whispered excitedly as his hand darted to his gun… only to relax at realizing who it was.
    “Hm. Didn’t expect to see you here. You better get to sleep kid… it’s going to be a long day tomorrow.” He was talking about Kabora…. They still weren’t sure how they were going to break him out.

“Too bad he couldn’t just fake his death and let the guards carry him to freedom.” Fen said, remembering an old story about a very smart thief who got caught. “Oh well… g’night Mason.” … Fen left for the room and called the floor before Raz could… there was just something right about sleeping on the floor… even if it was a mattress on top of the floor.... As Fen's head hit the pillow, she couldn't help thinking about her recent nightmares... please... no more... maybe tonight... maybe tonight will be different... and with those trailing thoughts, Fen decended into slumber.

15. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The brilliant morning sky opened over Fen as she opened her eyes.

"Morning already?" She yawned. Then upon looking around, she saw that she was laying in the middle of a green field.

"Huh? Where am I? Wasn't I in an inn?"

All of a sudden she was bombarded with a plethora of odors that were wholesome and clean. The smell of the flowers, the smell of the grass, the smell of the wind, it even seemed the sun had a smell. It seemed like the world was brand new. She had never seen a field so green, flowers so colorful, or a sky so... What color was the sky? The last time she had checked she believed it was blue, but not now. Sure it was blue above her head, but the blue gave way to red, which gave way violet, which gave way green which touched the horizon. She had never seen such a colorful sky in her life.

Then she saw something in the sky that made her gasp. She didn't know what they were, how could she, no one alive was old enough to remember a moon in the sky of Barteris. Now there were two and they were preparing to set.

Fen was almost overwhelmed with the sights, the smells, and the sounds. Oh the sounds! She had never heard such lively noise in her life. Frogs and insects were waking up from their night time slumber. Birds were singing in the trees on the edge of the field. The wind seemed to sing in the swaying of the tall grass. She even heard the trickle of a stream in the distance. Then more immediately near to her heart. She heard the sound of children laughing.

It was directly behind her. She turned her head and gasped. Two children were running around in circles behind her. This in itself was not unusual. But Fen had never seen any children like this ever before. Their hair was the color of sunshine. Yes sunshine was the only way to describe it, it was radiant as if it shown with an inner light. Their skin seemed to be pure white and their clothes, with the exception of a few designs, were bleached like snow. Even though they were running around, Fen could easily see their bright blue eyes. The color was stronger and brighter than any natural eye color she had ever beheld.

As she was marveling at this children she noticed something that took her breath away. What she had taken for a mountain in the distance was really a gigantic city. It's buildings and towers seemed to meld together to form a sky line of unimaginable size and complexity. Then she saw that there were orderly lines of traffic going in and out of the city from all directions. From the air no less! It was like a bunch of flying rovers (she did not have that much experience with automobiles with Mason's rover being the only one she had ever ridden in) .

Then in a sudden flash. The sky was red. Smoke was pouring from the city, which was engulfed in flames. The field was full of bloody corpses, they appeared to be soldiers though their weapons were strange. They were strikingly similar to the children Fen had just seen, only their inner light was extinguished. The woods were burning.

In the distance Fen could hear "Help me! Help me! Fen! Please come to me!"

"Mother where are you!?" she shouted. Suddenly she shuddered. Darkness was creeping up on her from behind. Soon everything was dark and black and she wandered in the utter darkness calling and calling.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  16. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Cambei had been doing this dance with the other man for some time, all the while taking note of the other guy's movements. He was a good man, of that much Cambei was certain. He'd never studied at a temple, but his teacher was highly skilled, as was he. He used several forms which Cambei knew, but he cut out several movements that, while important, were not as visually exciting as those he did use. He wondered how this man could help them to free Kabora.

Before he had a chance to speak to this man about this matter Fen and Rapture appeared in the crowd that had gathered to watch their performance. Before too long Cambei left without having a chance to speak to the other man whose name he hadn't gathered to find a place to stay with the others. They happened upon an inn and before long they were settled in for the night. Cambei didn't bother to stay in any room however. Instead he climbed onto the roof of the inn and slept there, he'd always been more comfortable sleeping under the starts...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  17. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    It was still almost dawn when Raven opened her eyes, slipping out of the bed she walked over to the window in her bare feet and looked out of it. Sleep did not come easliy to her durring the night, images of Kabora and his uncoming trial plaqued her dreams "I can not alow him to die! There must be away to get him out of there without pinning it on anyone of us?" she spoke to her reflection in the merror infrount of her. Pouring filling the basin up with cool water and splashing some onto her face as she washed the sleep out of her eyes.

Going through the trunk full of clothing Raven looked for something dark in color that would make it next to imposible for anyone to see her. There wasn't that much in the trunk that was of a dark enough color so she made do with just her travel worn clothing but placed her hair up and covered it with a black scarf so that the red streak of hair couldn't be seen.

Raven had just scattered all of her wepponds out on top of the bed " And where do you think your going?" a deep and realy cranky sounding voice whispered from the doorway.

Turnning around quickly with a dagger in hand, "Oh its just you" she breathed seeing mason standing in her doorway not looking at all pleased. Placing her dagger into its sheath "I'm going to get him out out of there" she explined to mason as she straped one of her dagger sheaths around her ankle and sliped her foot inside of her boot.

Closing the bedroom door behind him as he made his way over to the side of the bed, "Your going to carry out that plane of yours on your own?" he asked in a loud whisper as he looked over her display of wepponds.

"No... I have a new one in mind" Raven replied as she straped on a second dagger to the other ankle sliped her foot inside of her last boot. Standing up strate " I'm going to start a contained fire in holding cells that will spread into all of the inmates cells even Kabora's." she stated calmly. reaching into her pack Raven pulled out a thick peace of leather with a few strands of leather placed around its edges and begain attaching it underneath her left forarm.

"What makes you think that you can just head over to the jail and set the fire and have no one suspect we're the ones behind it?" he demanded not liking this new plann at all. Reaching over he grabed one of ravens arms and forced her to look at him, " Look I don't know anything about you! But I'll be damned if I'm going top alow you to get me killed on some hair brained Idea" Mason pointed out as he held onto ravens arm firmly.

"Then stay here if your afraid to die! I don't know anything about you mason but from what I can tell" she replied narrowing her grey eyes as she looked down to where he was holding onto her arm "you do not know how to treat a lady or even a woman for that fact!" she replied in a low growl.

Mason could not beleave what he had just heard, "Your right you do know nothing about me then!" he replied pushing Raven's hand away from him slightly as he let her go. Keeping his eyes lokced onto her's "How do you think you can manage getting him out of there without them finding out his cell is empty?" he asked bitterly.

All of the sudden the dark and angry look upon Ravens face changed and a snide smirk apperiered "I'm going to kill him!" she replied. Mason looked as if he was going to flip out on her right there and then "I know what i'm doing, I can shoot Kabora and have the gaurds beleave that he's dead with out him getting so much as a paper cut...well make that a flesh wound! I'll need to draw some blood inorder for it to be beleavible" she explained.

Mason just shook his head, "And what were you planning on useing to do all of this?" he asked trying to styfl his amuzment over the young woman.

It didn't suprised him at all when he saw he pick up the quiver of arrows sling it over her sholders and then strap her gunbelt around her hips "You'll see" she replied holstering her colt revolver and picked up her bow.

18. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Mason didn’t try to stop her. He watched her leave the tavern and decides to check on his vehicle. There was no sense to visit the baron because he didn’t know what was going to happen in the next few hours. He didn’t want to be surrounded by security men when all hell broke lose.

He walked out of the inn a short time after Raven and head for his Rover. It was being worked on by the baron’s own mechanic that he made a deal with for three rounds of 12 gage shot. As he made his way towards the Barons motor pool he noticed a gang of carpenters working on a pole, surrounded by six guards keeping a close eye on the construction. The guards didn’t stand as if they were expecting any attack because the held there home made cross bows unstrung and dangling at there feet. Some had been even talking with some of the local women, perhaps to find a companion for the night.

Mason stood for a moment but was told to move along by one of the security team. Unless he wanted to join the execution, Mason didn’t care for the man’s tone. He only pulled back his fine lips into a wolfish grin. He tried to control his anger as much as he could but his hand still balled up into a tight fist ready to bust out the guards front teeth.
    His left eye twitched slightly as he pulled back his anger then he tuned around and kept walking towards his Rover.

Before he turned he noticed what kind of punishment the carpenters were preparing. There was no hanging rope coming off the pole but a small two foot piece strapped around the standing pole about neck high. They installed a wheel behind the pole at the same height. Mason seen a man killed that way before and it was never a pleasant thing to watch. The prisoner would be placed with his back towards the pole and the rope place around his neck. The prisoners hand would also be tied around the pole securely. He would be watching the faces of the gathered crowd as the executioner started to tighten the rope cutting of his air supply from the back. Some times the executioner was a cruel bustard and would let the man have just enough breath to maintain his conciseness. He would tighten the rope slowly and watch as his face would turn blue and his eyes would bulge of his head. Some times they would tighten the rope then loosen it just to prolong the execution to get as much entertainment from the crowd. He would lose all his bodily function and flop against the pole trying in vain to get him self free.

Mason arrived at the place were he had stored his rover and seen the man he had spoken to earlier about fixing it. Sindri snorted at him as his arrived, “it is as good as its going to get MR coal, you had a leak in your rad and I fixed it as best I could. Patched it up with some guppy goop that I make my self out of sand and tree sap it should hold until you can find a replacement.” He wiped his greasy hand on a rag that looked just a dirty.

Mason paid him due and checked to make sure that all his possessions hadn’t been moved. He then crawled under the Rover to make sure his med supplies hadn’t been tampered with. He kept them in a hidden compartment under the Rover. Medical supplies along with blasters, was some thing people would kill over in the out lands so he had to hide then well. After his inspection he checked his weapons making sure they were load and ready to go.

He claimed into the front seat and turned the key. It didn’t start on the first turn but after the second it coughed into life. The fuel that could be gotten on was nothing like the fuel on old earth. It had a tendency to foul up the engines wand didn’t burn quite as hot as good refined fuel.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  19. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Yet again, Fen could feel her face against a tiny puddle of her own tears. “Mother… where are you?” She whispered. The sentence itself was becoming a horrible habit in her dreams. Wow… this was a new one… Who were those people? Where was that place? Why? Why did she have such sad and horrifying dreams?… Those poor, poor people. Fen dragged herself from her mattress and walked dreamily towards an old dusty mirror that stood behind a dresser. Their skin… their body… it had a light of its own. Fen looked at her own reflection… her own skin. A few rays from the bedroom window touched her arm, causing it to sparkle. It always looked like a thin layer of sweat covered her, causing her brown skin to shine in the sunlight…. Those people…. They shined no matter if there was sun or… whatever light there was. But… that light was gone when they… when they… Fen could feel her tears come again. What did that sad voice want? What did her mom want??? How could Fen do anything to help her?

“Fen?” It was Raz. She must have been watching everything from the bed. Fen herself couldn’t hold it anymore. She turned and leaped into Raz’s unexpected arms, holding her in a hug….

At that moment, she just didn’t want to be alone…

After a few moments of silent sobbing, Fen was able to gather herself and smile up at Raz. “Sorry about that. I just had a bad dream… that’s all.” She didn’t want to say anymore, afraid she would look crazy, or start crying again. So, she put on a bigger smile as if ready to start a brand new day. “Let’s go downstairs and see what the others have decided! We’re gonna free Kabora today!” she said, bounding out of the room… It was too bad that by the time they got down there, both Raven and Mason were gone.

20. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Walking out of the tavern Raven decided to try and get some target pratice in. She still had a lot of thinking to do about how she was going to get Kabora out of jail. Working on her aim had always helped her to think before the only question was where she could practice. Making her way down the street a couple of gaurds came hading her way, "Oh great, " she muttered softly to herself.

"Excuse me miss but where would you be going to so healialy armed" one fat guy asked her.

" I was looking for for a place wher I could do some target practice?" she replied truthfully" It's not agenst any laws for someone to shoot some cans or a bail of hay or two is it?" she asked.

The fat guy looked at the man standing next to him, "We'll we know that your a friend of that assassin. One can assume that seeing you armed as you are that you would be tempted to try and brake him out of jail! Now if you are indeed looking for a place to practice as you are then I sugest that you try in the back of the tavern that your staying at. This way there won;t be any problems, do I make my self clear" he spoke firmly to her.

Raven nodded her head , "Crystal, sir. I'm sorry to have coused any porblems" she replied inocently as an idea hit her. Slinging her bow over her sholder "Well since the two of you fine gentilmen are so ontop of things. Would eather of you happen to know what will become of our firend so that we may at least know what is to become of him? You see his family had addoped me when I was a small babe and it would only be right if I could set our parents minds at ease with knowing his fate" she replied forcing a few tears to roll down her face.

The two men looked at her as she began to cry, "Now now young lady, there be no need for those tears." the second man replied handing Raven a clean handkerchef. " He's trial will be at noon today and his excicution will be held tomarrow morning." he replied

Raven whipped her eyes, "Thank you so much. You both have been so kind" she replied as she began walking back towards the tavern. The two gaurds stood there and made sure that she was heading back into the right direction before they walked off and whent back to there morning rounds. Once they were out of sight , "Yes, I still have time left to get him out of there. Now to find the others and get a plan together" she smiled.

Walking back inside the tavern, Raven quickly whent back up to her room and changed out of herbtravel clothes and into another white blouse and short knee lengh red skirt. Walking down stairs she made her way into the kitchen where gabe was busy fixing up some grule to go with the hot coffiee that was fresh in the air, "So did you have any luck this morn?" the old man asked suddenly.

"I wasn't able to find a place to get some target pratce done if thats what you mean" she repiled actting like nothing was going on.

Putting down his knife, "I heard you and that friend of your's talking a little heatedly early this morn!" he pointed.

no sooner than the old man had said that a large lump formed in her throat "I've been meaning to tell you.." she begain to explain

"Easy now young Miss. I won't go turning any of you or yer friends in if you do one thing for me" he said giving Raven a kind look "I don't wnat no trouble being brought into my Tavern and any talk that needs to be done is done back here in the kitchen where you'll be out of sight of my customers" she chuckled.

Raven placed her hand onto her chest and took in a calming breath, "You had me a bit worried there Gabe. Don't worry we're not looking for any trouble. The only thing we want is to save our friend's life" she explained.

Gabe smiled, "Well thats all fine a dandy but you have some work that need to get done Miss" he replied "Now, I need those taters peeled and put in some water" he replied nodding his head over to the large sack of potatos that was sitting in the corner of the kitchen.

By this time Rapture and Fen had made there way down stairs and were suprised to see Raven dressed in the white wide necked cotten shirt and a knee lengh red skirt.

Search tags for this page

how to use sedril leaf for protection

sedril leave to protect