RPG #16 - Barteris

Discussion in 'RPG # 16 - Barteris' started by Nienor, May 11, 2006.

1. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    The driver stepped madly on the breaks. "Whooah! Whaddya suppose that is?" he asked, leaning forward, peering and squinting at the building up ahead as if that would help him see better. They had heard gunshots.

"That would be my cue to get out," said Rapture lightly. "Thanks for the lift. I never did catch your name...?"

"Ah, just call me Otto, miss," the driver said with a hearty smile.

"Then thank you Otto," she said, smirking for altogether different reasons. "You better turn around now and head back, it's only going to get worse. Messier." Seeing the look on his face, she added, "Trust me."

"You be careful, now," Otto said, genuine concern in his voice. "This here's no place for a nice girl like you, all on her own."

"Thanks for the thought, but I can take care of myself," Rapture said, just wanting to get going now. She quickly stepped away, and was glad he took the hint and said nothing more, only waving and driving back the way they came. Rapture headed for the establishment a few steps, then hesitated.

Suddenly there was an explosion of sorts and a great cloud of dirt and smoke could be seen from the far side of the building. She started towards it again as the cloud began to disperse, quickening her step when she could see a figure running for a specific vehicle in the back lot. She began to run as the figure, a man, got in and drove back towards the fray. She rounded the corner just in time to see a frantic scene.

“Every one in, lets get the hell out of dodge!” the man at the wheel shouted to a ragtag group who hurried towards his vehicle. The mob was clearly after them.

Armed and able, thought Rapture as she saw their firearms. And they have a little girl with them. How...interesting. Or sick. She telepathically reached out to the crowd in general to try and see if anyone saw where the blast had come from, or who had caused it. The mixed impressions she found had one thing in common - the group leaving was certainly involved.

Let me guess. It's the girl, she thought to herself, not surprised. It'd certainly explain why he told me that this one was one most weren't bothering about.

She quickly glanced around, and seeing no convenient vehicle immediately ready to commandeer, she hoisted her sniper rifle. Taking aim quickly, she shot a few times from her cover. The shots hit unimportant, uncritical parts of the body of the vehicle, and in the heat of the moment would most likely be dismissed as misfires and poor aim from the crowd. Some paranoid conspiracy theorist perhaps might think otherwise, though. Thus marking the vehicle for her own purposes, Rapture tucked her weapon away again and began to properly look for a vehicle, or willing driver to pursue the group.

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  2. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Cambei had to take a second to fully gather what had just happened. Fugg, the giant, had just held out his hand and several people fell dead, or... burned? Cambei ould scarcely believe it, but this man had shot a column of flames from his hand. That was a skill it took most monks years to master. Could this man be a monk as well? Cambei would have to ask him later. For now he seemed to have pulled his hood over his eyes. Or had he?

He felt Fen wriggle down his back, then she shouted something, to cover up their eyes and mouths. Cambei knew that tone of voice. He pulled his hood further down over his face to make sure it didn't blow up. There was a loud sound, one he hadn't heard before. And when he did look out from his hood there was a giant hole in the ground where the street had been. He didn't breathe, and was glad he hadn't, "Whatever you do, don’t breathe in the dirt. I will let go of the fog when we leave, and when I do, anything you breathed in will hurt ten times more, ok? Ok. Let’s go.” Fen said. Cambei wondered what had just happened, but desided not to ask.

Even if he'd wanted to he wouldn't get the chance. Mason quickly turned the corner in his buggy. They all climbed in as more people started to pop out of windows and fire at the car. They managed to hit the vehicle a few times, but none of the riders were harmed. Cambei managed to dig one of the bullets out of the car and threw it back at the crowd. He grinned when the bullet was driven into the wall as far as if it had been shot yet again. Then they were driving, to where he didn't know, mayube to North Fort. That was all the way across the outlands. He'd been there a few times, but he'd never stayed long. Maybe this time he'd be able to...

3. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    “Here they come!!!!” An even larger, better armed crowd was at the kitchen door. As Fugg had now returned to the bar and had enough space to swing his sword, he used this advantage to threaten the crowd preventing them from entering the bar, but then, a man stepped forward, resulting in a severed hand.

“I think we better get out, wile they are lacking the courage to swam us,” Said Fugg.

As the hand hit the ground, Fugg felt a slight rumble and then Mason yelled: “I hear that! The rover is at the back of the building,” As everyone was exiting the building; Fugg sheathed his sword, then he took his sniper rifle from his back, this was no normal sniper rifle, but a magazine-fed 30mm semiautomatic, which just by aiming it towards the crowd, made the one in front of it hesitate or back off, Cambei kept keeping the crowd away with his high skill martial art moves.

Just as Fugg was covering the front door alongside Cambei, Fugg heard Fen’s voice yelling: “COVER YOUR EYES AND YOUR MOUTH!!!”

Fugg had an idea of what was going to happen, so he took a thick piece of cloth he covered his mouth with from his pocket, held his breath and prepared for a blast. Just when he did so, a powerful blast made his coat wave violently, without moving him, immediately after, dirt started to fall from the sky and a thick cloud of brown dirt rose, giving everybody the chance to escape.

Fugg could hear the child’s weak voice saying: “That took a lot out of me; the fog should last until we get out of here.” He then understood that was no grenade, but a spell of some sort, so, he waited until Mason had picked Fen up, then he cried: “Get the dame vehicle!!!”

After Mason left, Fugg kept holding his breath, in order to avoid the irritating dust.

As fast as light, Mason came from around the corner on his SUV screaming: “every one in, lets get the hell out of dodge!” He then provided cover fire with a small automatic handgun Fugg recognized as the Mac-10 with which Mason scared the crowd away.

The first one to get in was Fen, then Cambei and lastly Fugg who lowered the SUV’s rear suspension noticeable but not drastically.

As the vehicle was making its way out of Hell’s Kitchen, people started to shoot at its passengers from windows and, when the dirt cloud wore off, from the street as well. Fugg heard a few shots clumsily hitting the vehicle.

He then heard the noise of many engines, and a large cloud of dust was approaching “they’re chasing us!!! Everybody take a gun!!!” yelled Fugg.

The raging convoy got every second closer to Mason’s SUV, they were about 20 SUV-like vehicles, and a few motorcycles most of them with no weapons save the ones carried by their passengers, but at the front was a technicals with a .50 mounted on its back, with a fell looking one-eyed man operating the gun.

Fugg took aim at the technicals, but just when he was about to fire, he heard Mason shout “here comes a jump!!” so he waited until then, and when the SUV’s rear side was in the air due to a big stone Mason drove over, he fired, the firing sound, which could be heard from a long distance, sounded like a thunder, and the technicals’ engine exploded in flames, making that vehicle roll forwards and then it took with it a few others who couldn’t dodge the wreckage.

“Hold this” Fugg said as he handed his rifle over to Cambei and drew his sword.

As the chasers were close enough to shoot, Mason yelled “shoot them!!!!”

A motorcyclist reached and rammed Mason’s SUV, shaking it violently, Fugg knew exactly what to do, when the motorbike approached again, he jumped from the vehicle tumbling the driver off his vehicle and seized it.

Sword in right hand, left controlling the bike, he approached, and slashed bike drivers who tried to attack Mason’s vehicle from close range.

Cambei protected the SUV from attackers on the left and Fen found a desert eagle on the vehicle and was deciding either to use it or not.

4. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    They entered rockier terrain. A dark motorbike driver was about to shoot him when Mason, with a quick aim, got him on the head with a single shot, nearly without looking. Even as he fired off rounds at the pursuers, he had to steer away from the large rocks that riddled the ground.

Cambei scissor kicked a driver on the head when he came too close, causing him to fall from his bike to his death. He then leaped up from the back of the rover like a frog and hopped from vehicle to vehicle kicking or hitting the drivers off their automobiles and then quickly moving on to the next just before they would crash.

Meanwhile, Fugg kept killing drivers by cutting them asunder with his large sword. A man armed with a rusted machete tried to slash him, but Fugg grabbed his hand and pulled him out of his vehicle to the ground.

The chase finally gave up and returned to Hell's Kitchen, where it seemed that none in Mason's group would be ever welcome again

It was dark as the company came to a halt that night. Mason normally preferred traveling at night in the desert but they were so exhausted it was better to let everybody sleep for a couple of hours at least. They drew straws to see who would have the first watch, Fugg lost so he had the first watch. The rest of them made themselves comfortable on the ground as best they could, all save Fen that is. She was small enough to lay down comfortably in the rover. One by one they all fell into a deep sleep.

Fen woke up but she wasn’t in the rover anymore. It was still dark but she felt like she was inside. She felt polished wood under her and knees were resting against some type of furniture. Where on earth was she? She would have gotten up to look around but she had a strong feeling that she was not alone. She hardly dared to move, her eyes began to adjust to the darkness and she could discern other furniture in the room. Suddenly something stirred in front of her. It was the sound of someone moving around in bed. She was in someone’s bedroom.

She was suddenly seized with a sudden fear that she would be discovered, so ducking behind what appeared to be a chair, she peered out timidly at the bed in front of her. The person continued to stir until presently, they turned on a small bedside light. Fen saw an older man sitting up in bed starring into a dark corner of his room. She also noticed that he must have been very rich because the room was lavishly decorated.

“Who’s there!?” the man asked in a half frightened voice. Fen didn’t say a word, thinking that the man had heard her. But his eyes were fixated to the other end of the room that the bedside lamp had no power to illuminate. Fen followed his line of sight and to her utter horror she saw a shadowy figure standing there. She could not remember being so scared in all of her life, it was like being captured all over again. She did not know why she was so afraid but she knew more than ever that she did not want to be caught.

But no one paid her any attention. Again the man spoke “Who’s there Damn It!”

This time the figure spoke, his voice chilled Fen to her bones. “Ernst Vardel, patriarch the renowned Vardel family. I know quite a bit about you. But that’s not to be wondered at with such a famous man as yourself”, the dark figure said half mockingly. “You were raised in the aristocracy and have taken the estate your father left you and expanded it exponentially, I commend you. You have made quite a bit of money with this water monopoly of yours. How clever, to control all the regions water and give it to those who can pay your price. Men live and die by a single stroke of your pen.” Now the shadowy man chuckled, it was horrible to hear.

The man in the bed looked as if he was stricken with the plague. But gradually he seemed to be able to gain control of himself. “What do you want!?”

“We have some unfinished business to discuss. There was an object of great value to me that I offered to purchase from you. Yet a man of your wealth and fame doesn’t seem to care about money. Still, I had hoped you would sell it as a personal favor, but you have declined to be so generous.”

Then a light of recognition came into the old man’s eyes, as if he finally discovered the identity of his visitor. “You!! You think you are so high and mighty, that just because you can gain sway over kings and lords that you can order all as you please. I am under no jurisdiction but my own.” The old man seemed to have washed his fear away in his pride. “The Calico is mine! That heirloom has been in the family for hundreds of years and I will be damned if I let you get your hands on it! Now get out before I have you thrown out!”

Now the dark figure really did laugh, the sound of it was horrifying to Fen. It seemed that the old man was affected by it too. “Ernst Ernst, why do you test my patience? I think you will find that you are quite alone. Notice how your wife hasn’t stirred during this nice little chat, and she is right beside you. No no Ernst, we will be quite uninterrupted while this little business meeting lasts.”

He continued “I think it is time that your life is not quite as secure as your fame and success have led you to believe.” Now he lowered his voice and the sound of it was very calm and controlled and it seemed that he smiled. “Get up and sign the contract. You will find it on your desk over there.”

To Fen’s surprise, the man got up and walked over to the chair that she was hiding under. He pulled it back, but she was quick enough to move with it. The old man seemed to be moving against his own will, tense and strained. He sat down on the chair and she heard the sound of a pen writing something. She knew he had just signed whatever paper he was told to sign.

“Very good” the dark voice replied, and he strode over to the desk. His feet were mere inches away from Fen and she was deathly afraid for some reason that she could not understand. “You know, I don’t like having to do things this way, I have other issues to attend to than arrogant aristocrats who don’t know their place.”

He paused as if an idea had just come to him, “That looks like an ornate letter opener, how many people did you have to take advantage of to buy it? But you don’t count those people anymore do you? It looks pretty sharp, you could probably hurt someone with that if you wanted to. Let’s find out shall we? Put your left hand on the table and extend your left index finger.”

Fen saw the man fidget as if he was trying as hard as he could not to obey. “Now hold the opener just above the knuckle of your left index finger.” The old man began to whimper at this point. “Now now, I thought a man of your position was beyond fear.” The dark man was enjoying this torment. “Now……CHOP!!”

No sooner than the words had left his mouth, Fen heard a loud thunk on the desk above and a horrible rending scream. She couldn’t stand this any longer and with a jerk she jumped up and nearly fell out of the rover.

Where was she? She was back in the middle of the desert. It was still night. That horrible scream was still in her ears. She shivered. Everyone was still asleep. Wait…It appeared that her waking was little better than her dream. Fugg was laying unconscious on the ground with his sword in hand and leaning over mason was a man in a black cloak. Fen’s thoughts leapt to that horrible man in her dreams.

Then out of nowhere, a figure appeared.

5. Darth Qui-gon

Darth Qui-gon Man its good to be back

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Fen watched as there was another man she didnt know there.He was also dressed in black and he was headed for Mason, while the hooded figure stoped to check Fugg. Still frozen with fear from her dream she couldnt warn Mason but she didnt have to, before the man reached him the Hooded man dissapeared and then reappeared in between Mason and the other man. Then she heard something but she couldn't hear what was said. The man attacked the hooded figure but the hooded man draws his sword and cuts him in half and the 2 peices fall to the ground. Everyone else wakes up to find a guy in a black hooded cape with his sword drawn and another guy split in half. Mason draws his cannon and points it at the hooded figure.

"Any sudden moves and I'll blow your head off " Mason says, by now Cambei is up and ready to take action if need be, and fen is behind Mason. The hooded figure says

" I mean you no harm, I am going to put away my sword, just take it easy" the hooded figure puts away his sword, but Mason still has the gun pointed at him and Cambei didnt move still ready to strike.

" Who are you and why are you here? " Mason asks. The hooded figure removes the hood, and says

" My name is Kabora.......I was walking through here on my way home when i saw this guy ( he points to the guy cut in half) snooping around your camp. I decided to stay until i could figure out what he was doing, but I didnt have to wait very long until his intentions became clear, he moved in and knocked out this man here (Points to Fugg) and then started towards you ( pointing to Mason). that would be when i came over to stop him" Mason and Cambei lowered there weapons but were still keeping a close eye on Kabora.

" Where are you from Kabora" Mason askes still trying to know more about this stranger

" I live at the base of the three sisters, I just left Hells Kitchen. Just a change of scenery" Mason gives a puzzled look and before he could ask another question Cambei says

" Your an elf.... I have not seen one in quite sometime, I thought there were none left on this planet" Kabora then replies

" I could say the same about you, now if i may ask a question of my own, How is it that a: gun runner, a monk, a Warrior, and a human child travel together? It seems like an odd group to me."

6. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Cambei had been enjoying a very nice evening under the stars. Granted now the desert was extremely cold. That was the thing about the desert, it gave you the two extremes of weather, a complainers paradise. But, like the heat, Cambei didn't mind the cold. Once he'd fallen into sleep he began to have the most interesting dream.

He was walking through hallway. He wasn't sure if he was alone because he never bothered to look over or behind him. He did note that the walls seemed to glow a nice green color. Anyway, on the other end of the tunnel, quite a ways a way, was a tower made of a stone like the one they'd had at the temple.

Oh the temple. The place where he'd spent his youth under the careful tutelige of Grand Master Fei Hung. If he hadn't lived there he didn't suppose he'd be with these people he was with now. Ironically he wouldn't be with them if he'd been able to stay there either. There had been many kings through the years who'd tryed to destroy the temple. But none had been able to convince people to support this cause. That was, until the Wong Tei Sect. A rival group of monks who framed his order for various crimes, eventually weakening the order enought that it could be crushed in those wars.

Anyway, the dream, he was walking toward that tower in the distance when a man appeared before him. The man radiated an impure aura the likes of which Cambei had never felt before. Most men would be moved to a sate of fear by this, but Cambei was not moist men. He'd seen things in his life that removed from him almost all fear.

Before he could see what would happen between him and this shadowy man he awoke to see two people who hadn't been there before. One stood with sword drawn, the other was in two pieces. Not to mention Fugg was on the ground. Cambei immediately leaped to his feet and drew his jutte and one of his knives. Mason was up as well with pistol ready.

After a brief conversation betwen the one who was standing and Mason the new man put his sword away. Cambei did the same. His name was Kabora, he'd been going home when the man who was in two pieces had appeared around their camp and knocked out Fugg. He'd cut the second man down when they'd woken up. He was an elf, and he was wondering what they were all doing out here. Cambei desided to let Mason do the explaining.

7. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    " My name is Kabora.......I was walking through here on my way home when i saw this guy ( he points to the guy cut in half) snooping around your camp. I decided to stay until i could figure out what he was doing, but I didnt have to wait very long until his intentions became clear, he moved in and knocked out this man here (Points to Fugg) and then started towards you ( pointing to Mason). that would be when i came over to stop him"

“now if i may ask a question of my own, How is it that a: gun runner, a monk, a Warrior, and a human child travel together? It seems like an odd group to me." Spoke kabora

Mason lowered his weapon but kept his finger on the trigger. “That’s our biasness’, and no concern of yours,” Mason barked.

Kobora gave a short, barking laugh. “I got seven men just out in the dark. Just so you all know the situation if some thing goes wrong with this little meeting.”

“That’s good to know, it will take at lest six of them to have a good funeral.” Mason kept his face without emotion.

A grin split Kobora’s lips, “you don’t back down do you?”

“The last person I knew who did, is now feeding the worms. It was never in my nature to back away.” Mason never raised his voice over the norm. He just kept it cool and commanding.

“Well I can tell that I am not going to be able to bluff about the men, am I?” Spoke Kobora.

“Nope.” Answers Mason

“That’s good,” Kobora laughed

“I wouldn’t be here otherwise,” Mason started to feel a bit more comfortable around Kobora.

There conversation was interrupted when Fen walked over to the now dead attacker. She pulled back his coverings and gasped. “It’s a mutant,” she hollered and dropped the covering as if it was made out of poison then wiped her hand on her shirt.

The group walked over to Fen and Kobora reached down to examine the body.

“If there is one there could be others,” spoke Fugg. He turned his head to scan the area.

Cambei examined the corps beside Kobora. In the dark light they could make out that the man like creature had an extra mouth opening below the first, lined with razor sharp teeth. His skin was a pail grey and his eyes were just beginning to milk over with a clear sign of death.

“It’s a cannibal,” Cambei cringed at the thought of the flesh eating mutants.

8. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    It had been two days since the beast that she was riding on died because of the dreadfull heat and the obvious lack of water. Opening up her canteen, Raven tiped it up and took in just enough of the little bit of water that she had so that she could wet her toung. According to her estimate she had just enough water that could last her about another two days if she really pushed it. "Thank the gods that its cooler out at night! I don't think I could stand walking another full day in the blasted sun."she muttered softly to herself. Pulling her cost tighly together, Raven kept on going at a good pace untill sudenly she felt the ground begin to sink around her.

At first she didn't know what was going on but she soon realized that the more she moved around the quicker she sank. Thinking quickly Raven took off her weapons and tossed them a few feet from where she was now knee deep in the sinking sand. "The last thing I need is to get this crap inside the barrel of my colt!" she could almost laugh at herself. Here she was sinking in quick sand and all she could think about was getting this crap inside of her gun.

Standing as still as she could Raven began to waite to see if she would be lucky enough to have someone come by and help her out. She knew that the odds were stacked agenst her in this situation, "Well I know that its a long shot but I have to try something" she sighed "If anone can hear me...HELP!!!!!!" she screamed out.

9. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    The car was finally out of danger. The baddies gone. Fen… was so tired. It wasn’t the blast itself that tuckered her out… it was stopping it with her own will. Even now, the fog was still floating in the city because of her. She could still feel her hold on the dirt, keeping in its foggy state. “I’m letting go now… you guys will still cough a bit, but I’m sure you’ll be ok.” Then, her mind let go. The dirt stopped acting like air and became normal dirt once again. Fen could feel the small bit that came through the bandanna, crystallizing in her lungs. Like herself, everyone started coughing (some tried to act tough and tried to hide their coughing). So tired… but Fen had so many questions… How did Fugg do that fire thing with his hand, especially without any gloves?… and Mason… how’d he get so many guns? And how could such a tough guy be so nice?… and Cambei… was he single??? But the question that burned Fen the most… Could they teach her? WOULD they teach her??? How to fight… how to be stronger… how to control her stupid power… heck, even how to read would be nice… so… tired… so… many questions….

A man in the shadows… Was he looking for her? A fat man cutting off his own finger…Ancient items…
    The blood of the ancients flowing through her…

Fen woke with a start. The Nightmares… the nightmares have gotten worse. But… but…. She left with the others… That means…. The danger was following her. It was close. Very close. Fen could have cried at the thought of another near-to-death escape… or ever seeing that man again. Even now she could see the shadow man looming in front of her. Wait, if she wasn’t dreaming anymore… then who is that?!?!? Fen had spotted the figure of a man standing over Mason… another standing over Fugg. Oh no… he’s here!!! One of the shadows killed the other with a sword… Mason and the rest got up from the sound. Mason and the shadow still alive started to have a super-guarded conversation, filled with threats and everything. Fen gave a sigh at the sound of this new-man’s voice. He was not the man from her dream… but she still didn’t trust him like she did the rest. Nightmares have a way of making a person think twice.

So… who was shadow number two? Fen crept over to where the dead thing lay and took a better look at its face. “It’s a mutant.” She said. Poor thing. She always felt bad for muties… it wasn’t their fault. They were normal once… then the labs… just like her… but she was lucky. Without even knowing it, Fen was joined by Cambei. “It’s a cannibal.” He said. Cannibal???? Didn’t just Fugg say where there was one, there was probably more? Awww….. not another fight….. With that Fen reluctantly grabbed her dagger and waited to see what the others would do. Whatever happens, Fen wanted to show that she was still useful, no matter how many people join up. She would fight whatever came… she just hoped they would run away before too many got hurt or killed.

10. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Rapture watched impassively as the figure began to sink, invisible in the night. Her acquired vehicle had not lasted long enough, and she had had to resort to following on foot. She estimated that she was a at most only a few hours behind the group, who undoubtedly stopped for the night, considering they were no longer being followed. Or so they probably think.

Well….she couldn’t hurt, she decided, and approached silently. “Need a hand?” she asked, smirking in the dark.

“Isn’t it obvious?”

Rapture looked about for something to use instead of her own hand, but finding nothing, she sighed quietly and braced herself, reaching her gloved hand forward. The girl gripped her hand firmly, and Rapture helped her out, at the same time taking mental notes on the stranger’s garb and possessions.

“So, I think you owe me at least a few answers – the obvious first. Who are you and what are you doing out here all on your own?”

11. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    “Need a hand?” the stranger asked with a smirk.

Raven rolled her eyes, “Isn’t it obvious?”she sighed.

The stranger looked about for something to use instead of her own hand, but finding nothing, she sighed quietly and braced herself, reaching her gloved hand forward. The girl gripped her hand firmly, and helped Raven out.

“So, I think you owe me at least a few answers – the obvious first. Who are you and what are you doing out here all on your own?”

Raven tried to brush off as much of the quick sand as she could, "You can call me Raven!" she replied with out looking up. Sitting down onto the ground she began taking off her boots "Well, I was on my way to Hell's Kitchen but somethng tells me that that place should be avoided right now" she explained with a shrug "I don't know what it is or how I know that...I just do for some reasion"

"But what are you doing out here on your own" The stranger asked once again.

Raven didn't know just how to anwser that. As far back as she could rember she had always been on her own, "I just am! How about you? Whats your story?" she asked. knocking the last of the sand out of her boots Raven pulled them back on and tied them before Grabing her canteen, "Would you like some water? Don't worry it's clean" she replied extending it out to the stranger.

12. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The chase had finally desisted, Fugg then sheathed his sword, braked, turned around and caught up with the group, then he kept driving his newly-acquired motorbike across the desert, next to Mason’s rover.

Later, when it was dark, they decided to come to a stop.

“I’d prefer to travel by night normally, but I guess we are all tired, so we’re going to rest here tonight” said Mason

They made a small campfire and had a well earned meal. Then came the time to decide whose turn was to watch, this was decided by drawing straws, Fugg lost.

“I’ll make the first watch then, go have some sleep” He said.

He kept walking around the camp for a while when he started to feel a presence that came closer by the second, this was no normal presence, it moved from side to side quick and elusively, when Fugg felt the fiendish stalker’s presence on his back, he drew his sword, but when he was about to strike him, he felt an icy, chilling grip on the back of his neck, he knew exactly what was going on but he could do nothing about it, he lost balance, fell to his knees then forward to the ground and blacked out.

When he woke up, Fugg picked his sword up and sheathed it, his sunglasses were cracked so he tossed them backwards and took another pair from his right inside pocket and put them on.

Then he walked to where everybody was congregated around a black caped figure that was holding a sword, another figure was split in two on the ground, and Fugg could tell that was no human, for its blood was of a greyish green colour.

As he approached, he could hear Mason arguing with Kabora (he could hear his introduction as he was regaining consciousness) and then Fen yelling: “It’s a mutant!!!” before dropping the covering with disgust and then wiping her hand on her shirt.

If there’s one there could be others” Fugg said as he made a quick scan around the campsite, but he couldn’t feel anything else nearby for the moment.

When Cambei was examining the body, Fugg noticed the split creature had an extra mouth opening below the first, as Cambei examined it he said: “it’s a cannibal”

“He wasn’t looking for food though; he was here because of something or… someone else, Mason.

And the spell he used to knock me out was hell’s grip, he had to be trained somewhere to learn such a thing.

Whether there are more nearby or not, I don’t know, what I know is that we MUST get away from here right NOW” said Fugg as he got on his bike, he then thanked Kabora with a nod. He understood.

“Unless you want to be a part of tonight’s menu” said Fugg giving the group a half amusing half creepy grin, everybody nodded and got on a vehicle, including Kabora, who took Fugg’s place on the rover.

The trip across the desert continued until, suddenly, Kabora told Mason: “I hear something, stop”

“If you have to go just tell me man” Mason said as he stopped, teasing Kabora.

“No, it isn’t that, it’s a cry for help, a woman’s coming from over there!!!” Yelled Kabora, he sounded completely certain although nobody else could hear anything.

“What’s going on?” Fugg asked as he stopped by Mason’s side.

“Kabora says he can hear a woman crying for help from over there” Explained Mason.

Fugg could sense a weak presence coming form that direction, he didn’t pay it any attention before but now it was different.

So he rode towards Kabora and, when he reached him, he told the elf: “hop in” then Kabora seated behind Fugg.

“Where to now?” Fugg asked.

“Over there, we’re getting closer” Said the elf. As they came closer each time, Fugg could hear a weak voice talking.

It was indeed a woman’s voice, soon enough they could see not one but two figures, seated and talking.

"We heard cries for help coming from here, is everything ok? So what's your name?" Said Fugg, adressing the woman with the tattoed face

"Call me Rapture" Said the tattoed woman.

"And yours?" He then adressed the woman that looked as if she had fallen into a quicksand.

"You can call me Raven" Said the other.

"Well, you can call me Fugg, you shouldn't be on the wilds by your own, there are fell creatures around. Come" Fugg told the ladies.

Fugg closed his eyes once more, when he opened them, he pointed his open hand towards the sky and a bright light appeared, signaling like a flare.

Soon enough, Mason and everybody else came on the rover, guided by Fugg's magical flare.

Everybody was astonished to find two ladies instead of one.

"What have we got here?" Mason adressed the tattoed woman

Last edited: May 28, 2006
  13. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Rapture was mildly amused as the girl curtly replied to her question and began cleaning herself up, as much as possible. At least she has a sense of cleanliness. I should be thankful, I suppose.

"But what are you doing out here on your own" Rapture asked again.

The girl hesitated, then said, "I just am! How about you? Whats your story?"

It was Rapture's turn to consider what to say. The girl didn't seem too worried by the lack of a forthcoming response, however, instead offering some water to Rapture from her canteen. "Don't worry it's clean."

"No thanks," Rapture said dryly, very subtley positioning herself somewhat between Raven and her scattered weapons. "You need it more than I do at the moment." The girl shrugged and drank, and Rapture watched her. Incredible. She's completely relaxed around me, not even bothering to consider if I'm a danger or not. Unless she's a lot more dangerous than she looks. Probably is. But considering all the weapons she carries, she's probably quite harmless unarmed.

"So," Raven said, replacing the cap of her canteen and putting it away. "You didn't answer my question."

At that moment, they could both hear the sounds of an approaching vehicle. Saved by the approaching noise-monster thought Rapture half annoyed, half relieved. What now? She slipped the hand farthest from view into one of her large trenchcoat pockets, and gripped one of her berettas, ready to fire if necessary.

14. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    As Mason approached the shifting sands he asks Kabora to handle the wheel for a moment. Kabora reached over and grabbed the hard plastic wheel keeping the patched together vehicle in a straight line wile he adjusted his coat.

Mason reached for his gun that was now holstered and removed it with a fast motion. He opened the cartridge chamber to check for any sand that might have gotten into the mechanisms. Upon noticing it was fairly clean so he blew down the back of the now exposed barrel to remove any sand that might have become logged in. He then spun it shut with a flick of his resist and slammed the weapon back into place.

“Thanks,” Mason spoke to Kabora as he regained control of the wheel. Kabora ignored the reply with only a slight nod and kept his eyes looking ahead.

The light of the rover shined across the barren desert land. He was barely able to keep Fugg in the disappearing light before the rover, ware Fugg had taken point. The tail light didn’t work on the bike but the noise from the gas guzzling engine could be herd ahead of the SUV.

Fugg raised his right hand in a fist to tell every one be-hind him that they were approaching the spot that he believed that the sound had emanated from. At Fuggs quick braking Mason was able to catch up rather quickly to come to a halt be hind the Bike. Now they had three lights shining up the area in front of them Fuggs bike light followed by the twin head light of the land rover.

Ahead in the yellow light was, to Masons surprise two women. One appeared to be slightly injured and the other looked as though she was helping. Mason had had many encounters in the isolated desert over the years and one thing he had learned was that any thing could happen. This could be exactly what it appeared to be or it could be a trap to lour other in for the kill. He scanned the night with a small portable light that was attached to the door but found know one else lurking in the dark. So he upholstered his colt and exited the Rover slowly but carefully making his way over towards the activity.

The night wind was blowing sand in his face and he shielded his eyes with his free hand.

Fugg was closer to the women then Mason and was already talking towards them. Mason only caught there names in the wind and wondered what was going on.

"What have we got here?" Mason addressed the tattooed woman.

Mason could tell in the dim light that at lest one was packing iron. So he moved in a none aggressive way.

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  15. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Rapture sighed inwardly. She hadn't quite expected so much to happen this night, and did not like one of the ways the encounter could lead. The excessive lighting wasn't much to her liking, either, but at least she could see them as clearly as they could see her. Rapture coolly eyed the newcomers in turn, noting the rover, before returning her gaze to the two men before her.

The big guy's got issues, and no doubt needs the extra lighting with those sunglasses, and the other's...actually not half bad looking. If only we'd met under different cirumstances...

"What have we got here?" asked the second man as he approached from the rover. By his figure and his walk she could tell he was the same man she had seen back outside the saloon previously.

Huh. He addressed me, not Raven. So...what to tell them? I've got secrets, Raven has secrets of her own, and I'm sure this bunch have their own secrets, and aren't as gullible as most. If they want a straight answer, we'll hear from them, or Raven first. And for now, Raven is my ally more than anything else, so I guess it'll have to be them.

"What does it look like?" Rapture replied dryly. "You've got two women and quicksand. You probably heard the cries for help. Go figure." She hoped that Raven would pick up on her line of thinking and her sutble shift in stance to make the "us versus them" line more obvious, and stick with her until the newcomers identified themselves and their intentions.

16. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Before Cambei could be sure of what had happened they were moving again. The new guy, Karoba, had said he heard something in the distance. Apparenly some woman had gotten into some deal of trouble. Quickly they were off to play rescuers, or so he supposed. If not he'd be pretty disappointed. For all they knew she could be getting attacked by those mutants. And while mutants didn't normally bother him, being eaten seemed like an aweful unpleasant experience.

He got his answer soon enough when they came to a stop. For a minute he stayed in the rover with Fen. But after Mason, Karoba, and Fugg all got out his curiosity got the better of him. He climbed out of the vehicle and got onto the roof. He didn't really think about it, and no one said anything, but some would have thought the way he looked while on the roof was a bit, ominous. But for now he was too busy listening to what was going on to notice.

Over the little ridge there were two women, both in their early twenties. The one that stood had a strange tattoo over one of her eyes. Cambei had seen starnge tattoos in his time, they were commonplace at the temple, but that design wasn't one he was familiar with. In addition to that she moved in a very peculiar way as she spoke. To most this would be ignored, but Cambei knew what she was doing. She was positioning herself so the other lady could get her stuff that was on the ground if things got hecktic.

She wasn't a martial artist, he was sure of that, she lacked the bone structure, but she was deffinately a soldier. To add to that she had both hands in her pockets. Likely she had some weapon ready to go. The other woman was a bit too at ease for his liking. She was either very good at disguising her intentions, or she wasn't worried that things may explode. Well, he'd find out soon enough.

17. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Yet again they were moving, and yet again there was a new, super-huge man who has joined their group. Even though he was kind of cute, Fen couldn’t help but get the heebe-jeebe’s in his presence. There was definitely something dark about him… and what was with the black cloak? This was the desert! Wearing cloths like that could cost someone their life when the sun got high enough… so many people to help Mason… was she really needed any more?… for anything?? Fen was starting to worry about her spot on this group when the dark man… Kabora… that’s his name, spoke up. He said he heard a couple women yelling for help, and sure enough, they were off.

Fugg and the Kabora guy went ahead on Fugg’s bike (where did THAT come from????) and when they found whoever shouted, Fugg himself signaled the rest with a huge ball of fire… ok… Fen was positive now that didn’t come from some sort of gun. That came from his hand. He was like her, except he could control his power… maybe…

Before Fen could think more about it, they had stopped in front of a pair of ladies. They both looked quite pretty, and quite young. As the others got out of the vehicle, Mason gave her a ‘be a good girl, and stay in the car’ look before leaving her with Cambei. Yet again, another super-guarded introduction filled with implied threats and stuff started. Another words, these ladies would probably be joining them soon enough… Uh oh… the vehicle was getting full as it was… could the new ladies fit in? Would they have to kick someone out? And, what if they were strong and powerful as well? Fen would become even more useless to the group and probably tossed aside! And how about Cambei?… Cambei??? Where did he go?? Probably to get a better look at the new ladies. That left Fen to sit alone and wrestle with her thoughts and questions. What a weird, weird day… strangers everywhere… fighting everywhere… death everywhere… Was it really such a good idea to go with these people? And what about her nightmares? They always meant danger…. Was danger following them or already in their group? And… with so much stuff going on… would anyone want to keep her, or teach her anything? Or, is she going to be leaving before everyone else gets started? Fen could feel her palms growing pins and needles with her worrying… what a weird, weird day.

After a few moments of thinking and hearing the guarded conversation, Fen finally gave in to curiosity. Thinking about problems didn't make them go away... it only made the thinker feel worse... acting creates answers. With that, Fen got out of the car and made her way to the others as quietly as she could.

18. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Raven looked around at the now gathered croud, "Look" Raven replied holding up her hands as a way to show them that she was not about to try anything funny. Standing up slowly "I was on my way to Hells Kitchen to aquire a new mode of transportation. Due to the slight fact that the beast that I was riding decided to die on me, and to replentish my supplys when I descoved this pit of quicksand " she explained.

Looking about at the men it was plan to see that they were on edge about something " How about we all calm down and relax before someone goes and does something compleatly stupied. I for one am not in the mood to fight anyone right now! The only thing I would really like is to get out of this blasted sand box and find a nice cool river somewhere and take a bath!" she replied as an atempet to brake the ice that was starting to form between everyone.

19. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Almost as in response to her thoughts, the sun began to rise revealing clouds to the east. It appeared as if a storm was blowing in swiftly. Lightning flickered in the distance. Storms like this weren't unusual in the desert, but they didn't help the apprehensive atmopshere much. Soon they would all be pretty wet. On the positive side, they would be able to fill up their water supplies a little.

20. Darth Qui-gon

Darth Qui-gon Man its good to be back

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    After coming up to the two women standing by a quicksand pit, one looking like she just finish cleaning up, and the other standing between her and her weapons. Kabora had a feeling that they came at just the right time.

"We heard cries for help coming from here, is everything ok? So what's your name?" Said Fugg, adressing the woman with the tattoed face

"Call me Rapture" Said the tattoed woman.

"And yours?" He then adressed the woman that looked as if she had fallen into a quicksand.

"You can call me Raven" Said the other. Then Fugg said something about they shouldnt be out there on there own, but then he closed his eyes and shot a flame or bright light into the sky like a signal. After a few seconds Mason came and got out of the car. Cambei decied to look after fen i guess cause he didnt leave the car. Mason and Rapture (as she called herself) started talking but Kabora wasnt paying attention. There was something about these two that didnt feel right. He kept his eyes on the one called Rapture, for some reason he couldnt take his hands off his sword. He was glad that he had his cloak so no one could see. A few moments later the one called Raven said

" How about we all calm down and relax before someone goes and does something compleatly stupied. I for one am not in the mood to fight anyone right now! The only thing I would really like is to get out of this blasted sand box and find a nice cool river somewhere and take a bath!" Suddenly the sun started to rise but clouds were forming as if a storm was coming "This is odd" thought kabora but it didnt matter it was rain and that ment water. So everyone started to fill thier water supplies. Not long after everyone was finished, Fugg started Staring in one direction. Kabora noticed this and asks

"Whats going on, you keep staring in one spot" Before Fugg could answer Rapture says

" Oh so the cloaked one does speak" Kabora was quick to reply

" My name is Kabora, and i do not speak unless there is a reason for me to be heard. (Turns away from Rapture and looks at Fugg) now what is going on?"

"There are several things moving this way, but they are somewhat far away i can hardly feel them." Fugg answers.

" Then i will go check it out, sense i can go without beeing seen." Kabora says Look back towards Mason, Mason noded and Rapture asks.

" Oh..... and how is that? This is the desert, there is nothing to cover you or to hide you. and sense you dont have the cover of night and your wearing black, You can never make it with out being seen." By this time Cambei and fen are standing next to Mason, and after she said fen just laughed to herself. Kabora just looked at her and said.

" Never say never." after he says this he just started to fade and within seconds he can no longer been seen. Everyone but fen looks amazed at what they just saw. A few moments go by and Raven says

" Well is he coming back? " it wasnt long after that and Kabora reappears running towards the group

" Everyone get out of here, now" Kabora yells, Mason replies back

" What the hell is it" Kabora now back to the group says

" It seems when Fugg here set off his signal it disturbed a hive, right now there are several bugs headed this way, you need to get out of here quick"

" Everyone back to the rover. Fugg, Cambei if you wouldnt mind following on the bike incase they get close." Mason replies

Both Cambei and Fugg noded and started towards the bike. Mason, Fen, Raven all get in the car.

" I'll stay and slow them down. If they are busy with me they wont follow you" says Kabora

" Are you mad Kabora, Those bugs will kill you" Mason replies

" We'll just see about that. I'll find you, and meet back up with you later." Kabora replies

" Well ok kid, its your funeral" Mason says as he starts up the rover. Kabora looks at Rapture

" That means you too, get in the car and get out of here"

" I can help" she says as she pulls out her guns. By now the bugs are in sight. Kabora just shakes his head

" Your guns will just slow me down now go, i can handle them. Now go" Rapture puts away her guns and runs to the car. Kabora turns around and lowers his hood. Then after a few moments he draws his sword, and looks back at Mason and yells

" Get out of here" Mason punches on the gas and Fugg does the same, Kabora looks back towards the bugs that are charging towards him. Kabora starts to walk towards them and then starts to run. Soon the bugs were all around him and the rover was out of sight.

Search tags for this page

how to use sedril leaf for protection

sedril leave to protect