RPG #16 - Barteris

Discussion in 'RPG # 16 - Barteris' started by Nienor, May 11, 2006.

1. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Kabora gave a final glance to the dumbfounded prince as if to say that their dispute was not over yet. Then he turned and followed after Raven

"So where are we going exactly, your ladyship?", he said in a kindly joking fashion

"I’m going to get out of this damn dress for one."

"May I have the pleasure of assisting her royal highness?" He chuckled

She shrugs her shoulders..." I don’t care..." she replied not looking into his direction

Kabora put his hand on her shoulder and said, "You know Raven, don't take him that seriously. You are free to do what you want. Just because he is tied to this place like a prisoner, doesn't mean you have to let him make it your prison as well"

Stopping suddenly Raven looked at Kabora, her eyes searching his " I have never truly been Free, Kabora!?" she replied " All my life I have been held prisoner...In one form or another"

Gazing into her eyes he replied, "It doesn't have to be like that forever you know."

"I don’t know any other way to live..other than Killing and being on the run constantly from the Mercs!" she admitted painfully..

"What if you didn't have to kill anymore? What if you had someone to protect you?" He took her hand in his.

"I wouldn't know what to do!"

"That's ok, you can learn can't you? Would you like me to teach you?"

Raven didn't know what to say... She had never had someone offer her something like this before.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  2. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Cambei was bored. They'd been in this elven city for some time now, and aside from a few omens they hadn't encountered any real trouble. Cambei wasn't sure if that was a good or a bad thing with this group, but he was starting to grow restless after everything that had happened with these folks and then suddenly having it stop when they reached this little berg.

Luckily for the monk, he was allowed to roam freely all over with almost no limits. And with the others off doing their own various things he'd been making use of this a lot. He'd explored nearly every inch of the city he was allowed in, literally from top to bottom, and as much fun as this usually was, it was starting to lose it's thrill now that he'd seen and done what seemed like everything there was to do. But if time with this group should have taught him anything, it's that trouble can find you anywhere.

On one of his runs through the city he noticed, out of the corner of his eye, that he seemed to be being pursued through the streets. And whoever it was was taking pains to avoid being picked up for more than a second. Finally, ducking into an alleyway, Cambei drew his blades and turned in the only direction he thought an attacker could come. "Alright, come on out."

What Cambei didn't realize is that his pursuers were every bit as crafty as he was when it came to movement. His body was suddenly wrapped in chains and he fell to the ground. Soon there was a blade at his throat. "Clever trick hiding in the forests of the elves. It's almost impossible to move through these realms without them noticing. But I'm sure in the back of your mind you knew you couldn't hide here forever."

If there was any doubt before it was removed, the Wong Tei monks had found him, apparently not even the elven sentries saw everything. "It's just unfortunate that we'll have to wait to eliminate you. The elves would surely find you before we had time to escape. Count yourself lucky that we haven't figured out all of their methods just yet. This excursion is just a warning, no matter where you go, we WILL find you. Until next time, little monk..."

As rapidly as they'd appeared they were gone. Cambei probably could have tracked them down, but he didn't know how many they'd brought, and if he fought them here there would no doubt be problems. No, for now Cambei had to get back to the others, hopefully they were all okay. He knew Fen's dreams were getting more and more dangerous by the night. For everyone...

3. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    “It is all most time for me to go,” Masons mother touched his arm lightly. He could feel her hand shake with sadness, “I have stayed to long as it is.” Mason who was still sitting watched as she tried to hold back tears by turning quickly from him. Not knowing what to do, he decided against saying any thing as if it his voice it’s self would be offensive, cutting the dead silence. She looked back at him and as if knowing what he was thinking made a forced smile. Her eyes then lit up as is remembering something.

“Mason after I leave you will wake up it a sort wile, don’t worry you will be safe until I am far enough away know one can fallow. The enchantment will keep anything dangerous way wile you slumber but I must tell you something of Vidal importance.” Her eyes narrowed into a dangerous glare. Mason couldn’t help but swallow as she gave him a dangerous look with eyes like his own.

“There is a place close to the edge of the great forest. It will not divert you to greatly from your journey to North Fort but it could hold the key to your success in rescuing your father, you still have know true idea of the dangers you could be facing sooner then you think. But be forewarned it can hold fearsome dangers, what danger I could not say but tread carefully. I will leave a map in your satchel before I depart.” He had a million questions but he didn’t know how to begin.

She leaned down holding her cloak about her and looked as only a mother could to her son. She touched his cheek with her delicate hand and smiled, “hunt well son but remember you are not the beast.”

Mason was about to ask her what she had meant about him being the beast but his words were stopped as she kissed his lips.
    Mason suddenly felt a great sleepiness overcome him. He fought too lift his head but it wouldn’t respond to his commands. He eyes began to close as if weights held them down.

“Sleep in peace my son, I will find you when you need me.” Mason thought he could feel soft lips on his cheek but he didn’t have time to think about it before he fell fast asleep.

4. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Fen woke up… it has been a few days… The elf healer said that last nightmare may have done some damage to her head.. but, so far there wasn’t much signs of that… Well, other then the fact that Fen seemed to have a drifty mind these last few days; She still played with the local elves, she still practiced and practiced hard. But often, she would just stop, and something would pop up out of that growing dark space in the back of her head and she would have to take a walk and let her head shove that thought back into where it belonged. Usually during these walks, she would go aimlessly, her mind working on what was going on inside instead of what was going on around her….

There was something to finally look forward to too… It seemed that the Agents had decided to finally go away, and by this evening the group would be allowed to travel once again… Fen was both thrilled and afraid out of her mind…. As much as she wanted to be back on the open road, she knew that road led. North Fort; A place that Fen had seen Balatine a few times, and a place she herself had a few personal experiences… She wondered if the thieves of the Fort would remember her.. it would be nice if they did..

Not long after daybreak, Fen was practicing some of her fighting moves with her new firedagger near the woods when a really bad memory pushed itself up… It was that feeling Balatine got when he seen Mr. Tyndell with Rachel… It was so crushing… so confusing… Fen knew what to do and sheathed her blade and took a step into the area of the protected woods… Breath in.. Breath out… The thoughts were not her own… They belonged to a very bad man… Keep walking… Don’t cry… ignore all those other stupid feelings.. they are not your own…….. Finally, after about ten minutes of walking randomly, Fen had ended up in a part of the forest she hasn’t been in before… and couldn’t remember for the life of her how to get back… “Oh man…” She thought to herself, as she tried to get her berings with the setting sun… “If I don’t get back soon… everyone’s gonna get angry at me..” She moaned at the idea of a lecture by Raven or a stare-down by Fugg.. Oh yeah.. lots of fun… But, before she could pick a direction to run back.. another thing caught her eye… two yellow eyes.. staring at her from the distance.. “H.. hello?” She asked….

Oh no.. for once.. Fen really wished she was in a dream.

5. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    It was well into the evening when Mason regained his senses. Disoriented and unaware of what happened he began to believe it was all nothing more then a dream perhaps.

The mysterious way his mother had departed began to give him a feeling of doubt. That feeling was only shadowed by more questions. Mason still sitting on the soft pine needle ground looked around the clearing for any sign Dena or the beastly wolfs that chased him in to the woods. To Mason it was only another sign of his mind playing tricks on him when he had found no trace or sign of her or the wolfs every being there.

The rouge got up with obvious reluctance. The sudden look on his face told all: he was a renegade, a practical man who did not hold with such high –flown things as prophecies and strange inherited abilities. Standing on weak legs Mason tried to regain his strength.

He had only taken one step when he doubled over clutching his head. The pain was nothing he had ever experienced before it was ripping him apart inside. He clutched his hair with both hands as if he could hold back the pain and sank down. All his years of training and fighting for his life had not prepared him for this. In truth he thought he could survive any torture. With his head firmly on the ground he did some thing that he thought he would never do.

He screamed!

Still clutching his head he felt as if there was some thing or some one trying to speak to him. The voice, if that is what it was truly: started out low and then began to intensify. It was not a voice but a thought that flooded his mind.

Mason looked up feeling the intruders hart beat. His eyes clouded over and became pools of liquid gold. He could see but it was as if he could see living energy all around him flowing like a river. He could feel himself changing and he knew he had no control over it.

His breath became labored and quick, he could feel his lungs breathing in sync with another soul. He was losing him self and he could feel him self fading.

Masons body began to glow lightly from some inner light. Then with out warning he vanished.

The pain was gone; Mason couldn’t tell if he was dead or alive. Something was pulling him though time and space. He felt more alive then he had ever before. Then he found it, his kindred spirit calling to him. He knew this soul as if it was always a part of him.

“Pharaoh!” called Masons mind.

“Yes master, we hunt,” the thought suddenly appeared into Masons mind as if it had a voice.

Mason laughed as he found his spirit guide and became one.

In the clearing were Mason’s body had vanished, a large powerful black wolf walked into the center slowly, raising its massive head then howled towards the new born moon.

It quickly darted into the dark woods with out disturbing a solitary branch, moving from shadow to shadow already on the sent of its prey followed by two more sets of yellow glowing eyes that waited for him and followed.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  6. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    As the company made its way towards the elven kingdom, suddenly the road seemed darker, the trees seemed to be of a stronger green, but there was nothing wrong with the forest, the threatening shadow didn’t come from the trees, or the leaves, it came from the sky.

Fugg slowed the pace of his walk as he realized what was going on; it was a solar eclipse, he had only seen one when he was a kid, and he remembered one of his teachers telling him those are very rare and unusual phenomena, definitely not supposed to take place before another 150 years….so there had to be a very powerful force at work behind this event.

More than fifteen minutes have happened and the darkness had not wavered, this was indeed an ominous sign and no mistake, such a lasting dark veil against the sky, the sunlight completely suppressed by the shroud, Titan walking slow with his head lowered as if a heavy weight had been put all over him, Fugg himself could feel some strange and great evil craft behind this phenomenon.

He could then vaguely hear little Fen yelling: “Please, tell me the sun will be back! I don’t want it to stay like that!” But nobody answered; Fugg himself didn’t quite know what was happening at that moment.

Then, a few minutes later, the dark started to give way to the early afternoon warm sunlight, although he wouldn’t admit it, Fugg himself felt threatened and even a bit scared during the lessening eclipse; soon enough, the sun returned fully, received by a deep sigh of relief from the company, Fugg showed no emotion other than scratching his head.

The group once more agreed to take a break after their walk in the dark, Fen contented with enjoying the return of the light and warmth, Mason and the others sat on the grassy ground of the clearing they had reached and Fugg went on to check Titan’s wounds progress in healing, he noticed there was no infection, scabs were already starting to form and that, with the proper healing, the meir would soon be in good shape again.

It was while Fugg was checking on Titan that the elven prince spoke again: “Newcomers, I ask you go as silent as possible for the rest of the journey. The heart of the forest is filled with many dangers. Even our most skilled scouts don’t travel these parts alone. But, as long as we stay on the path we have set, there should not be any trouble.” Fugg paid no heed to the words spoken, he was already silent as a tomb and had no plans to change his routine anytime soon; he was ready to continue with his lonely and silent walk when he noticed it would not be so easy anymore, he had company, a little girl named Fen had come to him; “Well then, I wonder what is it now” The giant thought as he noticed little Fen concealing herself under his coat on the right side. He then understood she just needed to be near someone, and after a short worth of walk, he gently placed his left hand on her shoulder while he took care of his meir’s reins with his left.

As they made their way deeper each time into the mystifying woodland, the trees rose taller and taller to magnificent heights; this time the sun was enshrouded once more, but no longer by a cryptic shade, but by a dense canopy of leaves, branches and trunks, that now, were massively wide, they were mighty-looking indeed, and a fragrant damp scent was filling the air, soon enough, the group was sweating under the concealed heat of the woods.

A whist of slow strolling in a semidarkness later, the party’s route was blocked by an enormously high rampart-looking wall of (if they could be called so) vines; as wide as a normal tree, they were slippy-looking and were randomly riddled with threatening razor-sharp sword-like thorns. Fugg would never forget the main gate of the elves, the protective wall that enclosed and concealed the Elven Realm safe from the rest of the world, here at this spot was where once Adler Fugg, Martin Schultz, Karl Weissmann, Cid Heiss and Huldreich Lutz came through to see the Elven King, from whom the tactical group once received orders…..

“This is quite an efficient defence system, don’t you think? Inquired Lutz

“Yes, unless your enemy is armed with flamethrowers” Grinned Heiss petting the tube of his napalm flamethrower.

“I don’t think these are normal plants, and elves are magical beings, so they are surely protected by a powerful spell of some sorts” Reasoned Schultz.

“At any rate, we shouldn’t be talking about attacking the elves, so hush!” Weissmann said.

“Fugg, are you awake?” Lutz asked the giant.

Fugg silently nodded and kept staring at the ground; his friends immediately knew what was wrong with him…

“Come on mate, you know there was nothing you could do, none of us knew what was going to happen, so get over it, will ya” Lectured Heiss.

Fugg again didn’t show much emotion, other than eyeing his friend in a bone-chilling way.

“Someday, my friend, someday….” Weissmann silently whispered……

An elven incantation chant woke Fugg up from his memories, a smooth separation appeared in the mid section of the wall and then, with ground-rumbling groaning, it started to give way to the outside, granting the company entrance to the fabled Kingdom of the Elves.

“Come, You all are welcome to rest here for as long as we need! Our mounts will be well cared for and our belongings will be taken to our rooms for us. But first we must meet with my father...The King and the one True ruler of these woods!” Raven greeted them.

Fugg felt the bitter bite of nostalgia as the glittering crystal-like silver beauty of the elven domain shone at his eyes again, how much had changed the world, and how little had this fair kingdom been altered.

The grass was green, but it glittered as if it was covered by everlasting dew. The leaves of the trees were like prisms decomposing the light everywhere, the trunks of the trees seemed to be made of pure silver and these trees were even taller that those outside in the darkness of the forest, these trees were gigantic, Fugg had seen –and knew there weren’t- trees nearly this high anywhere else in Barteris.

Then Fugg’s sight was once more delighted by the sight of the Great Tree of the Ancients, the tallest, fairest and most ancient tree in the world.

The first one to talk to the elves was Mason, who made all sorts of good comments on one of the hunter’s bows. Fugg started to be troubled by many memories that were sprung by his coming to the domain, that he left the group like a creeping shadow, melting with the darkness, he strolled to the nearest creek, there he sat and listened to the soothing sound of the running water and took this time as an opportunity to check his weapon; he disassembled his rifle to its main components in 25 seconds..” still good timing, good, good” he thought to himself as he checked the bolt, the piston system and the springs, they were in perfect order, so he went on to check the trigger system and the magazine well; there was a bit of fouling in both, the gunfights Fugg had engaged and the aging of his weapon didn’t help much when it came to cleanness.

“Might I suggest you replace your weapon, sir?” An elf addressed him.

“Of course, all I need s to know who is selling a 30mm sniper rifle that is capable of performing agreeably” Replied the giant in a slightly annoyed mood.

“Feel free to be my guest at checking my junk, sir” Replied the elf in a half-teasing, half-serious tone. “I am one of the few interested in firearms, mind you. I felt thrilled by the piece you have there, so I couldn’t resist to come and ask you about it.” He continued.

The elf led Fugg to a stair-surrounded tree with what seemed to be a small house on the top.

“Welcome to my home, Mr Fugg” the elf greeted him

“Gah, another one who knows my name…” Fugg grunted at himself within his mind. “Well, thank you, mister……?” Fugg asked giving his host an inquisitive look.

“Oh, where are my manners, my name is Araenel Gwildor at your service, sir” With all politeness, the elf introduced himself. “Now please, follow me”

Fugg, led by Araenel, entered a medium-sized room which was filled with a very wide variety of firearms, from Ak’s to grenade launchers, there were such rarities as an AKS74u, a laser-NV-sight equipped HK 417 and so on.

“So then, tell me what you think f this one, sir” Said Araenel removing the canvas from over a massive, magazine-fed, air-cooled machine gun, it was the same calibre than that of Fugg’s rifle.

“I think it would have been best if my friend Weissmann had come instead of me, he’s the one who manned a machine gun.” Fugg replied, flatly rejecting the weapon.

“I think you have to take a closer look at it, sir” The elf insisted.

Raising an eyebrow, the giant took the large weapon and examining it, he notice an engraving on the mag well: “HK MPSMG 3”

“I must be mistaken but I think this is the HK MPSMG3” Fugg said unbelievingly.

“You are correct sir; this weapon does not only allow semiautomatic maximum precision fire, but three-burst and fully automatic as well.” Araenel kept on explaining.

“Nice trigger group, what about the RoF? Asked the giant

“1200 rpm sir, but don’t worry, I’ll give you an extra thousand rounds free of charge” Answered the elf.

“My mags won’t last much with such a high rate of fire. I don’t know…” Fugg was still reluctant to accede.

“Silly me, I forgot to tell you can convert the feeding system with this kit.” Said Araenel showing him a conversion system for HK MG’s “As you know it doesn’t need any tools to be installed and it can be done in less than a minute.” The elf kept on pushing it.

“Alright you got me,” Fugg surrendered “but tell me, how much would you request for such a piece?” Asked Fugg

“Say……fifteen 2cm diamonds” Araenel fixed his sky-high price.

“I have ten” Grunted the giant; he knew the price was ridiculous

“Thirteen” Araenel bartered.

“Ten” Fugg kept on pressing.

“Hmmmm….twelve and your old rifle, last offer” The elf almost yelled.

“Deal!” Fugg acceded taking a load of diamonds from the sachel he kept inside his coat there were very varied in size and Fugg cynically counted them in front of the elf who was screeching his teeth; but he didn’t say anything, for the price he sold his weapon for was a fortune on itself.

Fugg left the elf’s house with a feeling of contentment; he had replaced his old rifle with an automatic-fire-capable weapon of the same calibre, and which was much better, it was new in more than just one way.

He had not acquired it with a scope but that wasn’t any problem; Fugg kept a spare: a Schmidt & Bender 3-12x50 PMII which he attached and calibrated immediately; then he went to a quiet place where he could strip and therefore memorize the system of his new MPSMG 3. The pushpin design allowed Fugg to disassemble the piece in no-time, he noticed that the system was very well planned and superbly crafted, the heat exhaust was directed to the forearm instead of the bolt, keeping such a critical piece cool and corrosion-free.

“This will do it for firearms” Said Fugg sliding his weapon to his back and going for a walk though the Kingdom; there was so much beauty to enjoy but alas, too many bitter memories to bury it.

7. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    For awhile, Fen stood frozen as the eyes stared at her… “… stay back!” She said, seeing those hungry eyes. “I don’t wanna hurt you.” She started to step back, and got her dagger ready. She could see now that they were wolves. In actuality, Fen could take them on and win if she really had to. But wolves were such pretty animals… And Fen hated killing anything…

She took another step back, and the head-wolf suddenly froze; every muscle in his body tensed, his golden eyes wide and staring at Fen. What was it? If Fen didn’t know better… the wolf looked more spooked then hungry… Then, as quick as a blur, the wolf suddenly leap forward his teeth bared, his eyes wild. Thanks to non-stop combat training, Fen instinctively rolled to her right and got her dagger up to fight. But, as she turned to face down the wolf, she was caught off guard by another surprise: the wolf was now sinking his teeth into something else: A snake. The serpent was huge and telling from its skin patterns and from the constant warnings that the elves had given, Fen knew that this one was extremely poisonous.

Then Fen realized something that made her eyes go wide: That snake was behind her the whole time. Every step she took backwards, was a step closer to the snake… If Fen had taken another step back.. That thing would have bit her for sure.. Did the wolf know that? Did he save her??? The snake was now torn to pieces by the wolves and the leader had lifted his head from the giant serpent as stared at Fen… Soon, the others lifted their heads and did the same. The lead gave a soft growl to the pack and they ran off back into the forest and leaving Fen alone with the leader.

The wolf whimpered softly as he looked at Fen…. And Fen, for a long time, stared back at the wolf…. “You… saved me, didn’t you?” She finally said. As if he understood, the wolf stood, and slowly… carefully… came up to Fen.. as if not to scare her off… until he was inches away from where she crouched, still holding the dagger…. Those eyes… Why did they seem familiar? She didn’t know anyone with yellow eyes.. but.. still… Fen reached out a shaky hand.. and carefully.. and still afraid… she patted him on the head and scratched behind the ear. The dog blinked and licked Fen on the face. With a giggle, Fen rubbed her face into the wolf’s fur so she could feel his softness that her hands could not. “You’re a good dog.” She whispered.

After a while, the wolf actually led Fen back to the village, but would not leave the protection of the forest… Fen understood and petted him one more time before running off to find the others.

This was so great!!! She had made friends with a wolf!! Would the others believe her? Or would they think she was going crazy from the bad dreams? Oh well.. Tomorrow the group would be off and heading to North Fort.. Fen wondered… What would be waiting for them there? And.. what would happen to the group after? Would they go their separate way after North Fort? Hopefully.. if Fen was truly lucky… they would all stay together until the end.

8. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Light drops of dew fell on to Masons open hand as he stirred. He felt cold to his very core as he opened his eyes to find a fresh morning welcoming him. He wasn’t to thankful for the welcome but finding him self alive was all ways a good thing.

He brushed pine needles out of his hair and rubbed the sleepiness from his eyes. He found him self lying on the forest floor just out side the Elvin village. Children’s laughter echoed through the tightly growing trees that made Mason move his head towards the commotion.

What had happen to him he didn’t know. Was it a dream, did he actually meet him own birth mother, why was he sleeping in the forest? And why did Fen become apart of his memory. This thing kept running through his mind as he slowly got to his feet and headed back towards the village.

His head pounded with pain but it started to subside as he walked a little further.

He was surprised to find everyone already up and getting ready to head out. Fen was checking her small cat and feeding it some thing from her hand. Its ruff tongue on her fingers made her laugh out loud.

Fugg was securing what looked like to Mason, some extra arsenal to his saddle.

Mason found his own cat lulling in the morning sun and chewing on some kind of animal part. His saddle had already been secured including his satchels from his hut. Raven sat on top of her‘s, watching as every one got them selves ready. It was obvious to Mason she had been up for some time and ready before any one else.

Mason made his way past Raven and looked up at her. “Thought you weren’t going to make it?” she said coldly.

“Going with us are you?” asked Mason.

“Why did you expect me to stay?” She glared at him.

“It was your choice. I thought you might want to stay with you family, was all,” Mason turned his head slightly towards the village.

Raven caught the slight gesture but answered with an emotionless face,” there is noting for me here, it time for me to move on.”

Mason didn’t want to push the subject because it was obvious by her cold actions she not wanting to talk. “Well its good to have you with us,” spoke Mason, “can’t say I would have been happy to leave you behind.”

Mason walked away with only a quite nod from her as if they each knew each others thoughts. He found him self some bread and black sludge like coffee. It wasn’t a feast but it was just was he needed to clear his head.

He walked slowly with one hand holding a small chipped tin cup and his other hand he held the hard bread that was smothered in honey. His meir sat up quickly as he approached but didn’t drop the blood dripping meat that hung from its jaws. It excepted the small peace of bread Mason hadn’t finished and rubbed his shoulder affectionately.

Mason walked towards the Meirs side and checked his satchels. The bulged with amo, food and papers. Some thing caught his eye. Tucked securely in a leather pocked mason found a small letter titled “son” . He didn’t want to open the letter but he quickly tucked it back as he had found it. He didn’t know it he wanted to know any more about his past but he knew sooner or later he was going to open the letter. He decided that this just wasn’t the time.

He quickly mounted up and looked over every one. He was happy to be back on the road. It called to him as would a lover. He thought it had been an eventful visit but he felt it was time to move on. He smiled slightly and moved towards the well warn path north that would finely take him to his destination, destiny or death. What ever the out come he would know soon enough.

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  9. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The elves guided the group of travelers through the city and out of the back gate. They were leaving from another way so as to put them on the northern march of the forest and closer to their destination. The most surprising event of the morning was the fact that Sedril had decided to travel with them at least to North Fort. What his business was there, no one knew. They hadn't said much about Sedril openly, seeing as how it displeased him and the elves greatly whenever too many questions were asked. Yet in a group of harderned fighters, he appeared to be able to hold his own. He had been given a meir, as horses were obviously no good in a dense forest and had arrived just in time to lead the company out.

The company came to halt as they approached the back gate. Like the front gate it appeared to be a hedge of deadly spikes and thorns that no one in their right mind would want to climb. However the thorns and vines magically untangled themselves as the company drew near and they were let through, weaving together again when they had passed.

The ride out was silent. They're hearts were strangely heavy as if they were leaving a paradise that they would never see again, yet they knew that they must continue on. A sense of urgency had taken hold of all the company during their extended stay and they road on even into the night until they made their first camp.

That night, Cambei woke from his dreams do the sound of a distant rumble. It sounded like thunder in a way but they were quick and too patterned for thunder. It was almost like a distant drum being struck over and over again. He saw, or felt with his keen senses, Sedril standing alone in the darkness.

"What do you suppose that is? I have wondered the wide world for ages and I have not heard that sound before. They sound very much like fireworks, but distinctly different somehow. What do you make of it?" The monk's soft voice had roused Mason, who was a light sleeper by habbit.

"Such a sound has not been heard on Barteris for almost an age. My heart forbodes great trouble. We did not leave the elven kingdom a day too soon, if indeed we are not already too late." Sedril grew quiet and continued to listen to the distant dull thudding.

"Ok, enough of the riddles. You know, or at least have some idea of what is out there and you aren't telling us. Out with it." Rapture had been sitting quietly in the dark. She had at first tried to read this silent figures mind but found it impossible; she couldn't even detect his feelings.

"I believe the long secret of the elves is now out...", Sedril was interrupted by the rustling of the leaves above. Cambei had scurried to the top of a tree, as deftly as a squirrel, to get a better look. As he looked he saw a slow orange glow brighten against the night sky.

"There is a great fire, many leagues away. Perhaps it would be wise to continue the journey by night, if that is possible", he reported.

"It is too dangerous, there are too many traps and snares. They are very distant yet, but I fear that we cannot tarry to help the elves. We must go at the crack of dawn and not turn back." Sedril's cold tone belied the inner feelings that were running through him.

As they continued to talk in hushed voices, Raven sat in the darkness, caressing Fen's hair in a soothing way as she slept. She did not wish the child to wake up to this, and she did not wish anyone to see the tears that feel from her cheeks as she softly cried.

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  10. Luther_the_Great

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    "You've outdone yourself again my friend. Oh what a glorious occasion: the christening of an army, the trumpeting of my power, and the discovery of a treasure trove of secrets and knowledge of the relics that will make me a god. A small price to pay for venerable old piano. You have done very well indeed my prized advisor." Callidon was standing on the deck of the Eagle, a prized jewel of his newly created fleet of airships. The wind was in his face, wafting up the sweet scent of battle. Actually there had been no real battle as of yet. A task force of twelve airships were flying in formation, out of bow shot, sending gigantic balls of fire raining down onto the forest below. The elven city was still many miles away, but they would burn a path to it soon enough. He had sent his other task force to burn the entire forest immediately surrounding the city, to prevent the elves from escaping. Mason and company had just barely escaped the nuesse.

"It delights me to see you so pleased my lord", said Balantine in reply. He was making good use of his recent intelligence. The agents had triangulated the firework display and had pinpointed the exact location of the Elven kingdom. They no longer needed to see it to hit it, they could find the location in the dark. Still, the idea wasn't to hit it as much as get to it and then take what they could. The Drake smiled to himself as his own personal revenge on the elves was finally being fulfilled. "They will find it hard to stir up the Kalai against me when they are all dead", he said to himself.

They both looked down at the blazing woods beneath them, the glow of the fires illuminating the bottom sides of the ships, which were made from a light plaster in the form of a dragon, whose head formed the prow of the vessel. It was from the mouth of this figurehead that the blazing balls of flame erupted. Fire relics continuously heated the air in the giant blimps, drove the steam powered propellors, and powered the guns mounted in the dragon's mouth.

It was taking a continuous volley to keep the flames going, the enchantments of the elves were strong and the wood of their forest would not burn easily.

11. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    As they continued to talk in hushed voices, Raven sat in the darkness, caressing Fen's hair in a soothing way as she slept. She did not wish the child to wake up to this, and she did not wish anyone to see the tears that feel from her cheeks as she softly cried.

Her recurring nightmare had finally come to life! During her stay in the woods with the elves, her dream of the compleat anihilation of that fair hidden city had kept her up at night. Raven couldn't even manage to get a solid hour of sleep before the dreams would hit and have her waking in a cold sweat unable to fall back asleep untill shear exhaustion would take her over. Even then there was no escaping them, her dreams would find her no matter where she was. Now it wasn't the fear of having that dream that was keeping her awake, it was the fact that it was actually happening.

All night Raven sat awake, her tear stung face hurt but not as much as her heart was. Getting up before Fen started to wake, Raven grabbed her bow and arrows and headed off into the woods to a near by stream so she could clean up some. As she was walking along., she knew that she wasn't alone and in an odd way it was of great comfert to her.

Up in the trees Kabora was following Raven as she walked away from the others. He didn't need to use any mind powers to know that she was morning the loss of the one she called father and of the prince she had called brother and all of the Elves that had took her in all those years ago.

At the stream, she placed her weapons down onto the ground next to her and begain to splash some of the cold watter onto her face and neck. Once her stinging in her cheeks had eased she leaned back onto her knees "You do realize that I know you’re there Kabora!" she spoke up as she continued to look out at the woods ahead of her "If you’re going to spy on me.. you could at least have the decency to make yourself invisible!"

Dropping out of the tree he was in Kabora walked over towards her " I wanted to make sure you knew I was here in case you ran into any traps out here!" he explained. He didn't want to admit that he wasn't in the mood for playing any tricks on her, she was going through enough as it is. "Anyway I think its best if we get back to the others and get moving as fast and as far away from here as possible! Its not safe for us around here anymore" he explained.

Raven’s eyes darkened, " What if I dont want to! What if I want to go back and face the same fate as my family, HUH? What have you to say about that!" her voice began to rise as did her anger was fiiled by her moarning. Picking up her bow and quiver she stood up and started to walk into the direction the sounds durring the night had come from " My fate belongs with them! Im going to go back and face it with them!" with that she jumped over the small stream and took off running.

12. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    As flames illuminated the night sky Mason could only watch with slight fascination from there chosen camp sight. Cambei who had noticed mason, moved towards his side and settled him self down beside him.

“Who would believe that I would be fighting along side the legendary Mason coal. If some one told me a year ago that, I would be camped out among the stars with this group of rouges I would have laughed in there face over the absurd notion.” Cambeis eyes looked over the entire group thinking about what fate had brought him. He knew that most was a creation of his own doing but that couldn’t be helped.

Mason looked from the sky and locked his eyes on the quiet monk. In the fire like Mason had the look of death but that picture shattered too Cambei eyes as he tilted his head back and laughed softly. “What makes you think that I am some kind of hero?” asked Mason seriously.

“Only the stories I gathered from unknown faces, stories and whispers told in dark corners and legends born from word of mouth of every village we cross,” Cambei adjusted his clothing about him as it had twisted wile he sat.

“Forget what you think you know,” spoke Mason coldly, “legends are shadows of dead men.”

“True, but some legends hold true,” spoke Camei.

“I am not a hero! I am not a savior! I am just a man who circumstances went beyond his control. I don’t hide behind a mask as others have.”

Cambei was about to ask Mason what he had meant by his last statement but stopped as they both noticed Raven fly quickly off into the woods.

“We better follow,” spoke Cambei, “there is know telling what she might do at losing her people.”

Mason only nodded and gathered his gear before disappearing into the dark woods.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Raven flew with tears streaking down her face. Branches and twigs got stuck into her hair as if trying to hold her back. A voice sounded but she didn’t pay any attention. Her hart was broken; she denied her family and felt that the fate they suffered was of her own doing.

The voice sounded again but closer. She turned not out of caring but because she wanted to know who would try and stop her.

A fast moving monk was following and shouting something she couldn’t hear through her heightened emotional state.

Cambei shouted “stop, raven stop! Don’t do it” he noticed Raven pause and turn back but he knew that he would never reach her in time before she disappeared. The look on her face told him she was not of her right mind.

Raven turned but was shocked to see a large wolf standing in her way. Her eyes focused on the wolf so she didn’t notice the movement beside her.

Out from nowhere a fist stuck her from her feet, sending her unconscious to the ground. From the shadows Mason stepped and looked down at Raven. He kneeled down a picked her up on his shoulder and started back towards the camp. Cambei quickly approached, “is she alright?’

“She needs time,” was all Mason would say as be began to move once again. Mason felt for her and he knew if he had let her go she would only end up dead as every one else. She wouldn’t like him to much in the morning but Mason would rather a vengeful Raven then a dead one. He adjusted her so she wouldn't be so uncomfortable and walked slowly until he reached the camp. He placed her down gently on her bed roll beside Fen and watched her sleep motionless into the night. Only once did he look towards the forest and thanked the two yellow eyes that watched.

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  13. Luther_the_Great

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The elven city was abuzz with action. Elves ran this way and that way trying to extinguish the flames that were leaping from the treetop to treetop, destroying their home. Banding together they could put out the flames with the power of their relics but the flames kept pouring down from the sky to rekindle them. Soon they would be trapped in a wall of flame. But there was a wall more impenetrable than the fire.

Truely they had nowhere to go. The forest had been their home for 1000 years, the world outside was hostile and saught their doom. Would it be better to stand with the city or perish in the wilderness as their enemies hunted them down. Many elven warriors, skillful in the art of magic gathered together and brandished their relics of power. Suddenly a great tempest arose in the heavens, the blimps were begining to founder. Lightening crashed from the sky and struck one of the blimps, the fabric of which burst into flames.

Captains screamed, "Mages to the deck! Counter measures!" One by one the solemn mages of North Fort assembled on the decks of the ships to challenge the ancient might. The wind began to falter, or blow in short fits. There was a great battle for who would gain mastery over the Atem that day. The burning ship managed to extinguish its flames, but the damage was too great as it slowly sank to the ground. Suddenly, a great firey explosion rocked the earth as it exploded with unexpected force, a final attack built into the fire relics that powered them. A huge expanse of the forest burst into flames, the elves could not extinguish it.

"Son, you've got to take the omicron and go. We may last this assault from the sky, but we cannot fight the army that is surely trampling its way here as we speak. We have been betrayed." The king was pressing the prince forward, placing a small black chest in his hand.

"Father I cannot leave you here. I will fight to the death for our kingdom!"

"You will go! What use will your death be to me or any of us if he gets the relic. You can be sure he is sending for it. He may even be here himself! You must go while there is still a chance, before we are surrounded by flames on all sides!"

"I CANNOT RETREAT FROM SUCH A COWARDLY ENEMY!!"

"YOU MUST!!!" As he yelled this he shook his son violently. "There are times when the right decision is not always the most honorable one, but it is the right decision none the less. I have tried to save you and our people from this day for a millenia and I have failed at last. There is no honor left for us my son. Without the relic Balantine hasn't much time left in the world. He has restrengthened somehow, but he will falter if you can but delay him! Do this not for me, for our people, or even your own honor. Do this for the sake of all that live on this world!"

The prince bowed his head and took the chest and then gave his father a parting look and then hurried out the door. Outside was a world of chaos, sparks and flames were being shot up off the ground by the elves (not to mention arrows that they could not seem to aim correctly for some strange reason). Return fire was sent back down from the decks of the flying ships. He had no time to aid the defenders however, he saw that his chances of escape were narrow, there was one section of woods that was not burning yet and he made for it.

Ahead of him, in either direction, the firecame raining down from the sky. The gap was narrowing. He whistled and a white horse ran up from no where and he jumped on her back. He made all speed to the shelter of the woods that would soon be in flames. He was nearly there, a hail of brimestone was about to fall down in front of him. Lifting his hands, he shouted and the pendant on his neck began to glow a soothing blue. The bombardment wavered and fizzled out before hitting the ground and he rode through into the dark shelter of the trees.

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  14. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    ~Alone she walked in a large, plain white shirt. On her shoulder she could read the large word F.E.N and a list of numbers underneath that. This is what they made her wear way back when she didn’t have a name and didn’t know what freedom was. Wait, this place… these were the holding cells… What was she doing back in the LABs? Oh… this was like her older dream; the ones that told her that the mercs were coming. This couldn’t be good…
    Fen walked down the long sterile white hall… she heard a soft sob from one of the cells and couldn’t help but look in. It looked like a family of elves she knew from the village... the next cell too… all elves.. Fen looked into all the holding cells around and could see nothing but elves. All of them with sad, defeated looks on their faces. All of them she knew from the elven village. What was going on? Why were they all here?? Then she heard the sound of running echoing down the hallway. Again, she turned to the sound to find something else unexpected. It was the elven prince, running like crazy and holding a small chest in his hands.... She could feel it from here: there was a special kind of relic in that chest. There were others behind him, chasing him. Oh no it was Merc! The prince looked up and saw her as he ran towards her. “Princess! What are you doing here!? Run!! Get out of here! RUN!!!”~

Fen didn’t open her eyes from the dream, but instead lay there. She could hear the distant fires; feel the heat, the forest…. It was on burning, wasn’t it? But it was very far off. The elves…. In her dream they were all locked up looking like they were waiting for the death sentence… Although she would never believe it unless she saw it, a part of her knew that the elves from that village would all soon be dead.

“Fen, I know you are awake… Are you ok?” a voice asked.

Fen opened her eyes and looked up at Ras sadly. “It’s the elves, isn’t it…”

“Yes.. it seems they may be under attack.”

“Are we gonna go back to help them?” Fen partially asked, partially begged.

“…… Fen, I-“

At that point Fen heard the others comming and decided to pretend she was sleeping again.... she wanted to hear what the others had to say... It seemed that Fugg and

“Why not!? They helped us a ton! They were nice to us and gave us stuff and told us a lot of things that are important! We gotta go back!!” Fen shouted as she sat bolt upright… She looked around.. only Ras and Fugg were there right now. “Fugg.. please…” she asked desperately.

The giant sniper looked at her, but could not hold eye contact with the little girl for long and soon looked away. Fugg’s face was serious as usual but Fen had been around Fugg long enough to see that his eyes were deep in thought and he did not like this either… But he still wasn’t going to go back.

“Did the rest go back?” She asked.

“They went after Raven.. she… couldn’t handle the stress.” Said Ras.

It was an understatement to call Fen frustrated.. why arn't they going back?! They all have been willing in the past to put their lives on the line to help others.. they all could help too. Why did they decide to change their minds?? Fen heard the others comming. "Don't talk to me. I'm going back to sleep." She said in a stubbron voice then whent back to lying down, her head on Whip.

The others came and lay Raven beside Fen... her sister was unconsious. The rest were silent for awhile... then finally Mason spoke. "We need to keep moving. When dawn comes, I want us on the road and getting as far away from here as possible. I wish we could help.. but...." He left his thought in the air and started to lie down again.

But.. She Could help… with her powers, Fen knew she could.

As the rest lied down to rest, she moved with little thought, pulled her goggles and bandanna over her face, whipped off her glove, and placed her palm to the ground…. Gas…. A huge column of earth-toned dirt billowed forward. She grabbed her glove and guided her meir out and was soon off. Fen knew from experience that this should blind and choke her friends for awhile but they would be fine. She needed the fog to hide her so that the others wouldn’t catch her as she whent towards the burning flames that were still far off in the distance…

I won’t let them die… I won’t let the elves die without a fight. So many people have already fought for me.. what kind of person would I be if i didn't fight for someone else?

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  15. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    As much as it pained him, Cambei, like the others, accepted that there was nothing that they could do to aid the elves. After he and Mason retrieved Raven from returning to certain death they all began to settle in for the night. Cambei sat for a long time considering the toll on his soul for not lending his aid to the people that had been such gracious hosts for such a long time. At the very least he needed to pray for their souls.

He kneeled a short distance from the others and gave the funeral rites of honored friends in the direction of the elven city. Although he had to admit that the temptation to run to their aid as Raven had planned to and Fen was begging was a tempting one, he managed to override that urge through his prayer. It wasn't as good as fighting with the elves, but it was the best he could think to do without throwing his own life away.

He returned to the light of the fire shortly thereafter and laid down. He was not to be on watch tonight, so he would do his best to enjoy whatever sleep came to him. It seemed he would be able to easily escape the guilt he felt rather quickly, but that was before the earthy fumes filled the air. At first the monk thought they were under attack, then he realized there were no enemies about, Fen... he thought as he struggled to get out of the shroud of dirt the girl had created.

He tried desperately to catch sight of Fen, but she was too far gone. If she was going to be stopped he'd have to catch her. As Sage approached him he signaled the mier to sit, he could move more easily on his own, although it would be nice to have the old beast with him if Whiplash didn't deem his actions in Fen's best interests. As he prepared to give chase the mist cleared, everyone knew where Fen was going, they all knew they had to stop her soon. Cambei was the first to be on the move, darting through the trees as fast as his body was able to move.

If she hadn't surprised them so he knew he could have caught her, but for all his speed Cambei didn't know if he, or even those who were more acquainted with moving through these forests, would be able to reach Fen before it was too late. No, we will reach her, we have to... he thought to himself as he gritted his teeth and pressed on. He still couldn't establish any visual of her, none of the others could either. For once Cambei reacted without delay, he hoped it was enough, he hoped he wasn't too late...

16. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    No sooner had the monk flew after Fen towards the devastated Elvin village, Mason was suddenly awoken by something he had never expected. Every animal of description stampeded into the camp. Birds flew as if on fire and animals gave little care for the group that was suddenly in there path.

Trying to avoid beating hooves Mason rolled out of his bed roll in to a sudden stand. He reached for his side and pulled the colt as fast as lightning. Still, Mason was ducking and moving but every turn he was faced with another frightened animal.

“What is it,” screamed Fugg in anger. Mason was about to answerer the giant but the animals stopped coming as fast as it had started.

“What the hell is going on, and ware is Fen and our little monk friend?’ Fugg had his gun in had but watched for more animals.

Mason had know idea that they had been missing. He was woken so suddenly that he had no time to think only react. The woodland became quiet, too quiet. Mason now felt a sudden discomfort, he didn’t know what had happened but something had certainly frightened the animals into a sudden flight.

They just started to relax and search for there missing companions when mason first felt it.

The ground began to shutter under his feet. Towering tree tops shook and parted with a snapping sound.

“What is it?” asked Winter.

Mason had know answer but what ever frightened the animals was headed in there direction. There meirs cried in protest and chewed at there tethers.

The trees parted and out stepped the most, grossest looking giant Mason had ever had the displeasure of feasting his eyes upon. It first appeared to be human but larger in proportion, much larger it stood at an estimated twenty feet tall hunched over. It pulled as its side elongated arms ending in flesh rendering talons. Metallic tubes exited its flesh only to disappear once again. One eye seamed mechanical in nature with an ominous red glow. Its power white skin looked as if it stretched over a boney but yet some how muscular looking frame.

Mason knew what it was but hoped never to see one again. He dealt with there kind before and knew they were extremely hard to kill, if at all. All thoughts of finding Fen and the monk were lost and Mason actually hoped that they were far enough away to be safe.

“It’s a hunter!” screamed Mason, “Get back!”

As if finally noticing the group it sniffed the air with its ruined nose. It then let out a glass shattering screech of defiance and slowly moved towards the surrounding group.

Mason fired but he knew it would have little effect other then drawling its attention. The hollow point rounds drilled its slimy skin only to ricochet off with a medal spark. Fugg and Winter opened fire with every thing they had but still they back stepped as the creature approached.

“How do we stop it?” shouted Winter as she reloaded.

“Pray,” Mason spoke then began blasting way once again. “They are programmed to search for some one, who it is I can not say but I would love to meet who ever sent it.”

17. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Cambei was moving with every bit of speed his body could allow. He flowed through the branches and leaves like water through the breaks in stone. His body moved and maneuvered instinctively, reacting and pressing forward naturally while his mind focused on trying to gain sight of Fen. He noticed a figure on a white horse riding the other way, he had no time to think anything of it, for now he was busy trying to catch up to the young girl who insisted on fighting for the elves.

Cambei couldn't say this was a bad thing, the desire to help a friend was always a very important thing to have, but it was a lost cause. The elves couldn't weather this storm, although Cambei was having a harder and harder time convincing himself that he wouldn't choose to do the same thing once he'd caught up with her. He continued through the congestive tree canopy, in the day it was difficult to see through this brush, and now at night it was nearly impossible.

Still, Cambei had other ways of seeing than with his eyes. His sixth sense wasn't nearly as powerful as that of Grandmaster Fei Hung or Grandmaster Guan, but it was enough that he could sense that Fen wasn't too much further away, and that she was getting dangerously close to the chaos that was the battle for the elven homeland. In moments he was just behind her, the temperature of the air rose, Cambei risked a look up. A giant ball of flame was descending from the sky, "Fen!" he shouted.

She didn't hear him, surely she felt the heat as the ball of fire approached, at the very least Whiplash did. The meir's movement became more erratic as it struggled against the instinct to turn suddenly to avoid the fireball that was fast approaching. The way it was moving a sudden move like that would either snap Fen's neck or throw her from Whip's back. Cambei knew what he had to do.

He threw himself as hard as he could toward Fen and Whiplash. The monk landed on the meir's back and swept Fen up into his arms before taking off again. Whiplash jerked and turned to avoid the impact of the flames that hit the ground shortly thereafter. Cambei and the young girl he held were flung into the air by the impact of this landing. The monk managed to absorb most of the impact of their landing without transferring it to Fen.

He picked himself up and set Fen down onto her feet. He looked around, Whiplash rejoined them in a moment, but they were faced with something much more pressing issues. They were a stones throw away from the battle, Cambei ground his teeth together, he knew beyond any doubt that he couldn't turn back now. He looked down at Fen, and shouted, this being the only way she could hear him over the sound of the battle.

"Alright, we can help the elves on two conditions. One, you stay close to me so I can keep an eye on you. Since we both know Raven and Mason would be pretty upset with me if I let you get hurt. Second, as soon as things get too hectic we're leaving, and that's final!"

18. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Mason retreated, his steps as fast as he could with out losing his balance on lose stones and fallen branches. Shots rang out from his blasters echoing off into the night air. One shot bounced off the creatures head making it swing around taking Mason and Winter into its full view.

“That did it,” cried Winter, “he looks pretty pissed. What the hell does it want?”

Mason was about to answer but was cut off by the hunter swinging at his midsection with its razor sharp talons. Mason threw him self back but felt the cold medal cutting into his skin. It was only a miner flesh wound but it was enough to distract him. His boot heal caught on a loose stone sending him falling to his side. As he fell, another swing from the hunter cut through the air were he would have been a moment before, saving his life.

Mason landed hard on his side across an old weather fallen tree. Old twisted and rotten branches stabbed at him snagging his clothing and severely hindering his movements. He was able to holster his weapons as quickly as humanly possible to free his hands. With out the blasters he had enough movement to pull him self free. As he regained his footing on the old tree trunk he could hear a cracking from under his feet. He looked down around the tree and felt that sudden stabbing feeling in his stomach. That same feeling he got every time he knew when a situation would go from bad to deadly wrong.

Mason found himself standing over a thousand foot gorge with rapid white water rushing below him. He suddenly felt his footing less secure then ever as pieces of the old tree fell into the far below. This was when his old training found its way to the surface.

Mason eyes looked up and narrowed in to a hard stare. The corner of his mouth smirked up then his hand went for his blaster.

Winter was avoiding the hunter as best she could, doge and striking was her best defense. She was getting tired and it was only a matter of time before she made a wrong move.

Mason pulled his blaster with a fresh reload and emptied it out one shot at a time. “Come and get it,” He shouted out between shots. As if being called for dinner, the hunter swung around and headed in a straight line for Mason. “Get back!” he shouted to the others as he, reached into his pocket pulling out a red tube of dynamite. It had black tape surrounding the center because of its age, keeping in any leaking nitro.

The hunter was almost on him when he lit the end with his only match. The fuse sizzled eagerly down as Mason waited for the right moment. Mason let lose sending the old explosive end over end followed by its own smoke trail.

It landed with a slight thump directly in the hunters’ path. “Run” shouted Mason as he watched the hunter eating up the ground between them; it’s snapping claws eager for his flesh. He had know idea if Winter had gotten to safety because the old explosive took that moment to detonate. Sand dirt rock and dust shot up and landed like rain making Mason blink it away as fast a possible.

The hunter stormed out of the dust and fire cloud. A gaping cavity was punched through its underside. From it leaked a thick fluid, within he glimpsed a glitter of broken circuitry.
    It only cared about it intended target, with out regard to its own personal safety. The hunter charged into Mason.

Mason jumped up at the last second, placing his foot on the hunters’ right shoulder. He then again leaped up a second time, sending him self into a forward summersault. He then landed facing away from the hunter that was now trying to turn about on the same rotten log Mason had just been standing on. Mason stood from his landing crouch with out looking back. He knew it was already over.

The old tree groaned in protest and cracked under the massive weight. With out emotion the hunter made no sound of fear but clawed forward as if angry about being denied its prey. Its medal talons sparked and scraped the stone ledge as it vanished below the edge towards it destruction below.

Mason cleaned the dust from his hat and replaced it back upon his head making sure it fit just right. The explosions dust was settling around him as he walked forward and wondered were every one had gone.

19. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    *edit* my bad this was suposed to be in the character bios...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
Search tags for this page

how to use sedril leaf for protection

sedril leave to protect