RPG #16 - Barteris

Discussion in 'RPG # 16 - Barteris' started by Nienor, May 11, 2006.

1. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Fugg was recovering from his little business back there when Mason addressed him:

“Tea?” he asked; he had also brought some deer meat.

Fugg was immersed in his own thoughts to eat anything, but a cup of tea would be good, so he gave Mason a nod.

“So” Mason continued “What was that all about?”

“What was what about?” Fugg asked trying to avoid the subject.

“Don’t think that I couldn’t tell that they were only keeping the rest of us back wile they surrounded you.” Said Mason

Fugg shrugged as if it didn’t matter; after all it was none of Mason’s business.

“Well what ever you did, you must have pissed them off royally. I’d never seen goblins so determined to bring down one man…It’s not in there nature to show such determination.” Mason continued while sipping his tea.

Fugg was determined to keep his past from everybody in the group, so he continued to try to avoid the subject: “We survived didn’t we,” he said, but as he did, he noticed Mason’s bandaged hand; it was then when the giant felt as if he had to say something.

“Look…” he tried to start “we all have demons from our past and some are not as pretty as we would like them to be.”

Needles to say this was not enough for Mason who now demanded an explanation: “Fighting is one thing but dieing for some old vendetta that I have know knowledge of is quite another... so out with it.”

Fugg grinned at Mason’s determination; he thought enough had happened to at least let Mason know a bit more about him:

He was about to speak when Fen, proud of her relic handling, approached the couple as Fugg spoke:

“It’s been ten years, five years after my unit and I slew the great dragon; our fame spread to theses forests when the King was battling Thorndog, one of the most powerful, insidious and clever goblin kings ever.

Since the elves were losing the war, a rider arrived at Hargon, and after some hours of meeting terms, we were told by General Hyke that we had been hired by the elves to kill Thorndog; Schultz, Heiss, Lutz and Weissmann set up the perimeter and slew the guards while I sneaked into Thorndog’s tower and then into his room, there I simply cut his throat while muffling his screams.

When the goblins assembled a team to hunt down and kill us, we were back in the elven city, and from there we got back to Hargon where we were condecorated by the Elven King and the King of Hargon themselves”

Fugg then noticed Fen looking at him. “Well, I guess they would have known soon or late” he thought.

Then he gave Mason a severe look, awaiting his answer.

2. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    (sorry guys, this was supposed to post last week, I've just now seent that it didn't. It takes place as Fen is sleeping of course.)

“Wake up little one, we’ve got so much to do.” A familiar voice, a bright sun, vivid colors. The place came just as Fen had expected it to. She sat up and saw the lovely water as it bubbled down its course, seemingly filled with the joy of being. The happiness of that world was infectious.

“Yay! You came back! I was so hoping you would.” Fen jumped for joy. Then in a more sheepish tone she muttered, “I was…err…wondering if it wouldn’t be too much trouble…errr…if you could answer some questions for me?”

The voice was silent and Fen didn’t know whether she had offended it or not.

“If you don’t want to that’s ok…I was just…”

“Curious?” the voice finished her sentence and then chuckled. “Don’t you know me? I’ve been with you for these past few years, though I must admit trying to get your attention has been hard. I’ve been wondering through the pathways of your dreams calling your name for quite some time.”

“YOU!!! You were the one calling for me? I thought that was my mommy!!! Please tell me… who are you? And why can’t I see you?”

“As for who I am, even many of the wise cannot understand. I am the one who whispers words of comfort in your ear when you are all alone. I am the one who nourishes your hopes and dreams. The one who has protected you for these years, guarded you from those who would try to destroy you. You may not have seen me, felt me, heard me, or known me but I have been with you for a while now…I can see I’m just confusing you now…Oh! The powers, those skills that you have used without understanding how you got them. Think of those as a gift from me, though they neither belong to you or I now. All that we were and are and will be are now merged into one path. We are the same being, we are…Oh dear, I really am trying precious one. I’m trying to simplify knowledge of generations into mere words for one who has seen so little.

You need not worry about what I am, the knowledge and wisdom of the ancients lies before you. In time it will teach you what you need to know.”

“But why can’t I see you?”

“Now that is a problem I can remedy.” And then Fen felt a hand on her shoulder from behind. Spinning around Fen saw a 10 year old girl, much the same height as herself. She had long black hair that shined in the sun. Her skin was darker than Fen’s but she was very clean and wore bright clothes. “How’s this? hehehehe” the child giggled with delight.

“How….how’d you do that?”

“Its just one aspect of who I am because of you…it’s a little hard to explain. So does that take care of your questions?”

“No… hehehe. But I’ll only ask you a few more questions this time. Why did you take me back to the Mercs last time? And what was in that black lake?”

“I’m sorry if it scared you to go back to that valley. You don’t need to worry though. It was only a picture in the stream. The river’s got lots of memories packed away along its banks. There are some things that you REALLY need to see. A great calamity is approaching, we can’t stop it as hard as we try…” The child’s voice faded into deep contemplation.

“Is it my fault?”

“No silly! But it will find us all…eventually. Oh, and the lake… you shouldn’t go back there.”

“I didn’t mean to go there at all. But what is the danger?”

“That dam holds back the big calamity that ended the ancients here. Just like the water here is pretty and bright, the water in the lake is dirty with the filth of the enemy. He came a long time ago to get those ancients who had been hiding from him here. His armies came down and hurt many people. Then…he came, he came like a HUGE black storm. He ruined the pretty work of the ancients, he tried to swallow the stream. But just before he could, one of my brothers took a BIG axe and broke the big gate that let the stream flow. And he has been trapped in that place ever sense.”

“How could one person swallow all that water??” Fen was rather perplexed to say the least.

“Oh Fen, you have lots to learn. But our time is up now. Before you go just remember, this place is just an image of this world. It shows one aspect of a world beyond comprehension. If you saw it as it really was, you might understand more.” And with that the world around Fen began to spin around like she was on a carousel. There was a flash and then everything went dark, she could hear people talking. She didn’t like what she was hearing either…

3. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Mason’s stern look broke into a wolf like grin. He through his head back slightly and made a rough but friendly deep throated laugh. Mason reached up and gave Fugg a pat on his steel strong shoulder. Mason brought his friendly laughter under control quickly, “Well.. it is good to know that I am not the only one getting himself into trouble.” Fugg looked at mason with a dangerous glare but after a moment his lips cracked into a slight grin and he shrugged his shoulders. Fugg was about to speak but some thing moved in to corner of his eye.

Like a flash of lightning he had his sword in hand scanning the clearings edge. “see some thing,” asked Mason who had already dropped his hot tea onto the ground at his feet so he could remove his gun quickly.

“I though I saw…” Fugg motioned with his sword towards the wood on the opposite side of the clearing. Before Fugg could finish his thought, elves started to reveal them self from the dark wood. covered in forest garbs and brandishing strung bows.

With out another word Mason was already on the move, he bolted at a fast sprint, covering half the clearing and making him self a moving target until he understood the nature of the new threat. He was now standing almost inform of Raven when the voice broke from the ranks of forest elves.

"Who are you and why do you hold my Sister against her will?" a deep and intimidating voice called out from just beyond the tree line. Raven closed her eyes tightly, for she knew who, was speaking and sunk in behind Fugg and Kabora so that she couldn't be seen.

"Who are you? Show yourself first!" Mason called out in the direction of the voice.

Stepping out of the trees was a tall elf with long blond hair. He wore a small crown of silver that told he was the Prince of these woods " Release my sister, stranger and I will see to it that you all see a fair trial!" he demanded of Mason, who didn't take it lightly.

It was at this time that Fen woke up "Raven what’s going on?" she asked suddenly drawing the prince’s full attention.

"Release my sister NOW!" the Prince demanded raising his arm for the eleven guards to fire on his command.

Setting Fen down Raven and pushed her way past Mason holstering her remaining gun "Gwadaor...Al Brother...NO" Raven called out in Elfish "They are my friends my brother! They saved me after I ran away!" she cried out as she jumped in-between Mason and the Elvin prince. The prince orders his guards to lower there weapon. There was a look of pain with in the princes eyes as he looked upon Raven in silence, " I feared the worst had happened to you Raven" he spoke as he pulled her into his arms, hugging her tightly, "May we join your camp for the night, it is far to dark to make the journey home?" he asked looking down at Raven " I extend my deepest apologies to you all! " he spoke up looking directly at Mason.

Mason didn’t want to holster his weapon. He had the powerful eager to kill some thing, but he fought back his survival training and placed his colt away but left the safety off. He also kept his hand close to his weapon as he moved around the now low burning fire. He didn’t know what the elves were speaking in native tongues but he could tell when a threat was narrowly averted in any language just by body language and eye contact. He stood with his eyes looked and watching the elves every move.

Rapture moved behind him quickly and quietly never moving her eyes from the elves as well. “What do you make of this?” She asked in almost a whisper. Mason could feel her hot breath on his neck as she moved close enough behind him so they would be able to talk with know one over hearing them. The little hair on his skin stood on end and al mason could think was that he felt a little like a trapped animal, with the dangerous women behind him and possible enemies in-front of him. He didn’t really know who was more dangerous but surprising even himself he smiled at her as he turned and looked over his shoulder.

“I would say that our friend Raven appears to be so kind friend to these elves.” Mason looked into Raptures eyes for a moment as if he could understand what she was thinking and then turned back towards the elves.

“I think she might be more then that to them,” Raptures tone stayed flat and cold. “they look more like family, see the resemblance in there faces.”

Mason thought all elves looked kind of the same but he though that they might think the same about all humans as well. He shrugged his shoulder and took a step away from Rapture, “well let’s see what this is all about.”

Rapture surprised Mason as she hooked his arm with hers, “Well we will not find nothing standing here,” she gave him a coy smile from the corner of her mouth. Mason patted her hand and laughed lightly, “do you lead or do I?”

“Come on,” she pulled him forward towards the group who had now settled themselves around there camp fire. Mason couldn’t help but smile as she pulled him along.

4. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Rapture settled down near the fire, close enough feel its warmth but far enough that the light wouldn’t blind her too badly should she need to look away into the growing darkness as the evening fell. She hadn’t eaten any of the venison, not that anybody seemed to notice, but instead popped a small object into her mouth.

She had begun drifting, astrally speaking, but quickly gathered herself, remembering these woods were probably crawling with elves, and she didn’t want her astral self standing out like a flare at night in case they could detect her. A little frustrated that she was feeling so blind she focused instead on the things going on around her. Fen and Kabora were practicing using relics. Fugg and Mason were speaking. Raven was getting some shut-eye. Cambei and Sedril were elsewhere.

Rapture sighed and her attention drifted to the gun-runner and the overly tall man. She eavesdropped, half-heartedly, and had her eyes closed as if she was resting. Their quiet voices were punctuated every so often by the sounds of the crackling fire. The sound of Mason’s laugh made her open her eyes with a start and glance towards them.

“Well.. it is good to know that I am not the only one getting himself into trouble,” Mason said to Fugg, who hesitated before returning the grin somewhat.

Rapture’s gaze lingered on Mason a little longer before she turned away. Suddenly Raven was up and shouting, and the agitation Rapture could sense from her had her instantly alert also. "Hey guys!” she called. “We've got company!" Raven went to protect Fen.

Rapture had in one fluid motion jumped up, backed out of the firelight and behind the cover of a nearby tree, and pulled out her berettas. Dozens of elves, armed and looking like they meant business were visible from the edges of the thick vegetation. She noticed Mason had also reacted with pleasing agility to the potential threat. The spokesman for the elves began to speak. Us holding Raven hostage? What kind of elf jumps to those sort of conclusions? thought Rapture, unimpressed with the deep-voiced elf. Rapture watched the exchange between Raven, Mason and the lead elf carefully, as well as keeping an eye on the others.

The leader then apologised, specifically to Mason, clearly assuming Mason was the voice for the rest of the group. He had also ordered his people to lower their weapons. Rapture could see as well as feel Mason’s desire to shoot. She wanted to kill something too, finding herself irritated by this disturbance. After a moment, Mason put his colt away, and another moment later Rapture followed suit. He moved back towards where he and Fugg had been speaking, allowing space for the elves to enter the clearing.

She moved towards Mason with a casual stride that belied her stealth. “What do you make of this?” she asked, coming up to him from behind. She could sense a tension within him but wasn’t entirely sure if it was directed at the elves, or at her. Or both. He smiled at her as he turned and looked over his shoulder.

“I would say that our friend Raven appears to be so kind friend to these elves.” Their gaze met for a moment, and he seemed to be studying her, but then he quickly turned away to look back towards the elves.

“I think she might be more then that to them,” Raptures said. A foster family, perhaps?

Mason shrugged his shoulder and took a step away from Rapture. “Well let’s see what this is all about.”

Making a quick decision, Rapture caught him off-guard as she slipped her arm through his, falling in beside him. “Well, we’ll not find anything standing here.” She gave him a coy smile from the corner of her mouth, seeing the surprise on his face.

Mason patted her hand and laughed lightly, “Do you lead or do I?”

“Come on,” Rapture said, pulled him forward towards the group. She sensed his smile as he let himself be pulled along and she found herself smiling a little too. As the two of them approached Raven and the elves by the fire, they glanced up and stopped their own conversation. “Are we interrupting anything?” asked Rapture lightly.

Raven glanced at her elven companions and said, “Not really.”

“Then you don’t mind if we have a little chat?” asked Mason, and again Raven said she didn’t mind. Raven made the introductions, and noticed that both Mason and Rapture were regarding the elves intently, though there was something else in Rapture’s eyes that she couldn’t place.

Rapture was the first to speak. “So,” she asked the elves and Raven in general but mostly eyeing the elf leader, “who wants to explain how you all know each other and why you presumed we were keeping Raven here as a prisoner?” She glanced at Raven pointedly, and was about to add, “and why lie about not knowing these woods,” but decide it could wait.

5. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Again, Fen dreamed about the child voice and the river…. She could feel herself slowly returning to the waking world….. This time, she got a lot of information about the girl and a bit on what’s going on…. Ok, Fen had very little to NO idea on most of what was said, but that didn’t really matter now. Right now, all Fen could think about was finally seeing the girl who hid in her dreams…. And to top it off, it was the same as that voice that called out to her over and over so many times… But wasn’t that voice sad?….. Almost there…. Wow, sometimes it took so long to reach her real eyes these days….

In a split second, Fen realized something was very wrong… Whip’s soft fur was no longer against her cheek; instead, Fen could feel strong arms holding her to a chest… She was being carried by someone! Who? A merc???!?! Fen’s eyes snapped open to see it was Raven, holding Fen as a mother would protectively hold a child away from bloodthirsty muties. "Raven what’s going on?" Fen said as her eyes darted around for an enemy. It wasn’t that difficult to spot the Kabora-like beings with shiny hair and arrows pointing right at them.

One, with a fancy golden headband stepped forward, and started shouting demands at the clueless-but-ready-to-fight group. "Release my sister NOW!" Said the elf. The look on his face… Fen had seen blind rage on many people in her lifetime. But, why was he taking it out on them? There were no girl elves in the group, and Fen would definitely know if there was a captive.

Then, Raven put Fen down and walked up to the pissed off elf. “GwaBlah...Al!" Was all Fen could understand. "They are my friends my brother! They saved me after I ran away!" THAT she got…. Wait… BROTHER!?!?!? But.. Tha… wha.. Huh????

"May we join your camp for the night, it is far to dark to make the journey home?" he asked looking down at Raven “I extend my deepest apologies to you all!” The rest lowered their arrows, and relaxed as if nothing happened at all. But, like Fen, the rest of the group seemed to be on guard, ready for a fight to break out again. While Rapture and Mason talked quietly to each other, other elves started to throw more wood to the fire, and Raven and the lead-elf started talking in their funky language, both with a serious face. Fen, for a moment, just stood there while her head ached with confusion… Her brother? Raven was his sister? Well, by her looks, she must be adopted… even half-elves had pointed ears. But, why did this guy think he can come over, wave his arrows at them, mosy in as if no one would mind, and take Fen’s sister away? And… If Raven was already adopted, where did that leave Fen? That feeling hurt more then Fen could ever describe. What… what if she left? What if the elves decided to take Raven away with the dawn and kick the rest of the group out of the forest? Didn’t…… Didn’t Raven promise to run away from the Mercs with Fen and protect each other until they were either killed or….. Captured?

Then, Ras, Mason and the rest of the group stepped forward, looking like they all had a zillion questions to ask, all pretty upset at the turn-of-events. Fen followed and instead of joining the circle, she decided to walk a few steps behind the elven brother and adopted sister, and lean against a tree. As she watched the others start small-talk, Fen couldn’t help but feel herself start to fume at this elf who thought he could just swoop in and get his way.

“So, who wants to explain how you all know each other and why you presumed we were keeping Raven here as a prisoner?” Ras said, starting the serious questions.

The elven leader started to talk. “Well, I - -” *Whump* “Ow!” He said as his hands went to the part of his head where the little acorn had made contact. Yup, Fen’s little bubble of anger popped, and had whipped the acorn at him in her own little bout of rage. The leader spun around and gave a face that threatened to kill Fen where she stood. Fen just stuck her tongue at him and then stormed into the woods, Whip following after her for her own safety.

Ha! And she thought elves were smart, fast and graceful. Well, it looks like not all of them were…. Waking Fen from her dream like that… being so mean to everyone… Brother… Oh, why didn’t Raven tell her??

6. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    far in the east a new seemingly harmless man makes his way looking for guidence.he screams"Can anyone help please...I need help".He is bleeding slightly.he falls and faints.He dreams of a small boy going up in flames.He is fighting a massive beast with fangs two feet in diameter. The boy is winning the fight but he has no weapon exept a small ruby colored ring.he becomes invisable every once in a while and pumles the beast with enraged strength....

just a little ways away wolves gether for a feast."can anyone save me"the man mumbles in a faint voice

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  7. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Things were not going well at all! Raven felt like everyone in the group was looking upon her as if the Elves attack was compleatly her fault. She scolded the Prince in his toung about how he bursted into thier camp and a few other things. Rapture and Maosn seamed to be buddieing up after what had happend. But that didn't bother her as much as Fen's silance! she was never this quiet with strangers before.

After she had shown the Even Prince to the fire Mason and Rapture came walking up arm in arm what is this all about? Are they planning on double teaming for awnsers? she asked her self.

“Are we interrupting anything?” asked Rapture lightly.

Raven glanced at her elven companions and said, “Not really.”

“Then you don’t mind if we have a little chat?” asked Mason, and again Raven said she didn’t mind. Raven made the introductions, and noticed that both Mason and Rapture were regarding the elves intently, though there was something else in Rapture’s eyes that she couldn’t place.

Rapture was the first to speak. “So,” she asked the elves and Raven in general but mostly eyeing the elf leader, “who wants to explain how you all know each other and why you presumed we were keeping Raven here as a prisoner?” She glanced at Raven pointedly.

" How did I know! she thought to her self when suddnely as the Prince had begun to speak something hit him in the head from behind. Turning around Raven was shocked to see Fen taking off into the woods "Fen...waite!" she called out jumping from her seat and took off after her.

After a short chace Raven was finaly able to catch up with Fen, "Fen...Stop! Please!" she practialy begged her.

Fen stoped but didn't look back at Raven " Why did you lie to me? I thought I was your sister?" she began to ask bravely but he small voice shook with the tears that despretly wanted to be shed.

Raven stoped and sank down onto her knees " I didn't lie to you...No one knows of my connection with the elves out side of the fact they saved my life! Fen... Please hear me out!" She began. Seeing that fen still wasn't moving Raven continued "After I was raped and left as dead on the very beach we washed up upon. A group of elves found me... I was so badly beaten that I was within a few breaths of taking my last breath. They brought me to their home and with the healing powers of the King I was brought back to life and took into his house as a daughter...or a Princess of these woods where I lived happily for many many years...But for the last few months before I left I kept having the same reacurring dream...I would wake up and find that everysingle elf that lived in these woods was slaughtered and tossed into one pile and set a blaze...and one voice would keep telling me that this was all my fault and that if I didn't leave..that that was the fate the Elves would surly face!" A few tears began to runn down Ravens cheeks.

Fen listened to what Raven was saying as soon as her heard Raven mention a dream she truned around quickly and looked at her " You beleaved it didn't you?" she finaly asked

Raven looked up into Fens eyes with her own tear filled eyes "YES! I ran away fom the city in the middle of the night and swore that I would never set foot back her nor speak a word of my life here so that I could protect my family!"

Fen couldn't beleave it "Your family?" she shouted back at Raven "Then what am I, HUH?" her own tears were now running freely down her cheecks.

Raven stood and hurried over to Fen and wraped her arms around here "Oh Fen... I will always love and care for you as my little sister! Don't you think for one minute that I don't! " she explained.

"Is that the truth Raven?" a stern male voice asked from behind her.

Turning her head around Raven saw Mason and the others standing behind her "Yes everyword of it!" she replied. She didn't know how or when they all had gotten there but it appeared as if they had over heard everything she had said to Fen.

The Prince steped forward " She left no note or had left word with anyone as to her leaving. I had honestly beleaved that whom ever had left her in the state she was found in had found her and taken her away from us! I swore on the morning we found her missing that I would not rest untill I decovered what had become of her. When I heard her name being spoken and the sound of her voice among your group I had emedietly thought that she was your captive" he explained

Rapture spoke up "How could you NOT know what your sister looked like? Just how long werte you gone Raven?"

Standing up " A little over two years! I changed my apperiance some so that no one could reconize me. This odd patch of hair is what is left of my origanal hair color along with the style of clothing he was use to me wairing!" Raven explained looking over at Rapture who nodded silently with the awnser she was given.

The prince walked over to Fen, " I do hope that you can for give me for wishing to steal you bigsister away from you little one! It looks as if these woods have just receved a second Princess as well now" he smiled and took off him own head piece and placed it upon Fens head "My name is Odnalro Prince of the Great Forest" he entroduced himself to Fen as welkl as the others. Standing up he then faced the rest of the group "Pleace for give me for blaming you for a crim that you never comitted! I would like you all to joine us in our Kingdom as a token of my appoligy. You all will be welcomed as hero's for saving the life of Princess Raven!" he anounced to everyone.

8. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  9. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    "Hero's you say! What makes you think we're worthy of that title?" Fugg finaly spoke up to the Prince.

The Prince looked up and saw the Giant, at first he didn't know what to think of him but as he looked him over he finaly rembered who he was " I'm more than positive that you all have earned the right to that tittle after what you had done the other day....and in the past" the last part was muttered so softly so the other couldn't quite make out what was actuialy said.

Kabora walked over towards Raven and Fen as the prince was talking with Fugg. He ruffled Fens hair asking if she was alright before turning to Raven. There was something that told him that there was alot more to her story than she was admitting "Princess huh? So that makes you a Royal pain in the A.." before he could finish Raven gave him a gental shove backwards.

"Come on Fen... lets go and get some rest...there is so much I wich to tell you about my life with the elves" Raven replied sticking her toung out at Kabora as she walked by

10. Darth Qui-gon

Darth Qui-gon Man its good to be back

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Kabora had just finished his first lesson with Fen and was walking back when he heard twigs cracking in the distance just inside the woods. He ran as fast as he could and stoped just beside Fugg and Raven and Fen were just in front of them. Then Elven warriors came out and were armed and looked like they were ready to fight. Then a voice spoke out from just inside the woods. Kabora now drew his sword and was ready to fight.

"Release my sister NOW!" Then this head elf and Mason were talking Kabora wasnt really paying attention he was watching the others making sure they werent going to do anything. Then Raven ran out from behind him yelling

"Gwadaor...Al"

"Hold on since when does Raven know elvish, and why is she calling this elf brother" Kabora thought in is mind. Kabora now put is sword away and the elves joined the group. Mason and Rapture were talking to the prince. Kabora was back sitting next to a tree. He didnt need to be up there he could stilll hear everything. While the prince was trying to speak Fen through something at the Prince and it nailed him right on the back of the head. Kabora couldnt help but laugh cause when the prince looked back Fen stuck her tounge out and ran into the forest. Raven went after her and Kabora got up as well as everyone and walked up to see what was going on.

Fen stoped but didn't look back at Raven " Why did you lie to me? I thought I was your sister?" she began to ask bravely but he small voice shook with the tears that despretly wanted to be shed.

Raven stoped and sank down onto her knees " I didn't lie to you...No one knows of my connection with the elves out side of the fact they saved my life! Fen... Please hear me out!" She began. Seeing that fen still wasn't moving Raven continued "After I was raped and left as dead on the very beach we washed up upon. A group of elves found me... I was so badly beaten that I was within a few breaths of taking my last breath. They brought me to their home and with the healing powers of the King I was brought back to life and took into his house as a daughter...or a Princess of these woods where I lived happily for many many years...But for the last few months before I left I kept having the same reacurring dream...I would wake up and find that everysingle elf that lived in these woods was slaughtered and tossed into one pile and set a blaze...and one voice would keep telling me that this was all my fault and that if I didn't leave..that that was the fate the Elves would surly face!" A few tears began to runn down Ravens cheeks.

Fen listened to what Raven was saying as soon as her heard Raven mention a dream she truned around quickly and looked at her " You beleaved it didn't you?" she finaly asked

Raven looked up into Fens eyes with her own tear filled eyes "YES! I ran away fom the city in the middle of the night and swore that I would never set foot back her nor speak a word of my life here so that I could protect my family!"

Fen couldn't beleave it "Your family?" she shouted back at Raven "Then what am I, HUH?" her own tears were now running freely down her cheecks.

Raven stood and hurried over to Fen and wraped her arms around here "Oh Fen... I will always love and care for you as my little sister! Don't you think for one minute that I don't! " she explained.

"Is that the truth Raven?" a stern male voice asked from behind her.

Turning her head around Raven saw Mason and the others standing behind her "Yes everyword of it!" she replied.

The Prince steped forward " She left no note or had left word with anyone as to her leaving. I had honestly beleaved that whom ever had left her in the state she was found in had found her and taken her away from us! I swore on the morning we found her missing that I would not rest untill I decovered what had become of her. When I heard her name being spoken and the sound of her voice among your group I had emedietly thought that she was your captive" he explained

Rapture spoke up "How could you NOT know what your sister looked like? Just how long werte you gone Raven?"

Standing up " A little over two years! I changed my apperiance some so that no one could reconize me. This odd patch of hair is what is left of my origanal hair color along with the style of clothing he was use to me wairing!" Raven explained looking over at Rapture who nodded silently with the awnser she was given.

The prince walked over to Fen, " I do hope that you can for give me for wishing to steal you bigsister away from you little one! It looks as if these woods have just receved a second Princess as well now" he smiled and took off him own head piece and placed it upon Fens head "My name is Odnalro Prince of the Great Forest" he entroduced himself to Fen as welkl as the others. Standing up he then faced the rest of the group "Pleace for give me for blaming you for a crim that you never comitted! I would like you all to joine us in our Kingdom as a token of my appoligy. You all will be welcomed as hero's for saving the life of Princess Raven!" he anounced to everyone.

"Hero's you say! What makes you think we're worthy of that title?" Fugg finaly spoke up to the Prince.

The Prince looked up and saw the Giant, at first he didn't know what to think of him but as he looked him over he finaly rembered who he was " I'm more than positive that you all have earned the right to that tittle after what you had done the other day....and in the past" the last part was muttered so softly so the other couldn't quite make out what was actuialy said.

Kabora walked over towards Raven and Fen as the prince was talking with Fugg. He ruffled Fens hair asking if she was alright before turning to Raven. There was something that told him that there was alot more to her story than she was admitting "Princess huh?(Then Kabora got a big grin on his face) So that makes you a Royal pain in the A.." before he could finish Raven gave him a gental shove backwards.

"Come on Fen... lets go and get some rest...there is so much I wich to tell you about my life with the elves" Raven replied sticking her toung out at Kabora as she walked by. Kabora just laughed and said

"So does that mean i was right?" His said with a smile. Fugg and the Prince had just finished and the Prince looked at Kabora and just stared at him

"Is there something i can help you with?" Kabora said. the Prince just looked away.

"Hey can i ask you a question?" Kabora asked the Prince.

"Very well, you may speak"

"Ok, first i didnt ask your permission to speak, (The Prince's eyes filled with rage) and second. If Raven is a royal pain in the a.."

"How dare you speak of my sister that way, and how dare you smart mouth me. Do you have any idea who i am?" The Prince cut him off and moved right into Kabora's face as he was saying this.

"Man why wont anyone let me finish what im trying to say, and sir. I know who you are. Just cause you some prince doesnt mean you can get up in my face or try to boss me around like one of the elves in your clan. So you need to back up before you start something." At this point Raven had now over heard what was goin on and rushed back

"Hey Hey Hey, Knock it off you two" She said as she got between them. Kabora didnt really like this guy. and for some reason he wanted to knock that crown off his head. But he didnt with Raven there. She pushed the two apart and the Prince walked away.

"Now what was that all about?" Raven asked as she turned to Kabora

"I dont know, I just wanted to ask him a question then he started tryin to control me with this royal crap, and things just kinda went from there."

11. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    The night was moving quickly and sun up was only a few hours away. It had been a long day of traveling and fighting, Mason was caught up with the events of the day along with every one else but with only a few hours of night left be wanted to get some much needed sleep.

The fire cracked and snapped as he tossed on another good size piece of wood from the pile he gathered earlier. Swinging in a slight breeze, his tin tea pot hug on a sturdy branch above the fire keeping his tea steaming. Having left his tin camping cup off in the distance he decided to find it in the morning when the light was better and reached for another one that was on the ground by the dead fall he was using to rest upon.

As he filled the cup with steaming hot tea he could feel the heat through the metal, warming his hands. He watched every one quietly but decided not to speak and just enjoy the hot brew. He blew the tea off slightly as he placed it to his lips. From over his cup he watched as every one started to get into heated conversations with one another.

Fen few off into the wood after have thrown an acorn in a fit of rage. Raven quickly pursued fen out of sight and left every one to wonder what it was all about. Mason quickly followed them into the wood and watched as Raven told her some of her past. after he spoke to them both to see what had happened he decided it best to leave them to there own emotions and quietly make his way back towards the fire side.

Rapture who was sitting to his right tapped Mason on his leg to gain his attention. Mason looked away from were Raven and Fen had been last disappeared and turned his attention back on Rapture. She motioned for him to look across the fire were Kabora was having a heated conversation of his own with the Elvin Prince. Words were quickly thrown from one too the other and mason could tell it was only a matter of time before arrows and steel started to fly.

He kept his hand close to his colt waiting for the fist blow to be thrown. He didn’t watch the Elvin prince directly but kept his eyes on the Elvin party that had accompanied the prince. Tension was high among the group and just after surviving one battle he was still itching to strike out again. Adrenalin was still pumping and he knew it was going to be a fit full night even with out another fight.

Mason could feel with out looking that Rapture had removed her barrettes and was waiting like him for the first sign of hostility. Mason was impressed with her sense of survival and smiled to him self. From the corner of his eye he could see Fugg moving as well into a better position towards the Elvin party. With small amount of light coming from the fire he almost vanished as he leaned up beside another tree. Not knowing who Sedril Was going to side with he watched his every move.

Every thing was about to snap, Mason could tell as he moved his hand closer to his colt and picked his target. Just then Raven returned with a fen and ran over between to two stopping the fight in it tracks.

Mason relaxed but still didn’t move his hand. He sipped his tea quietly and watched.

Kabora and the Elvin prince exchanged a few last insults over Ravens head and seated themselves back down a good distance from each other. Mason couldn’t help but notice look in Kabora’s eyes as he looked at the prince. It had the look he had seen time and time again in the dirty bars all over the unforgiving planet, one of hatred and not only for the princes condescending attitude.

“Well,” Mason spoke to every one, and stood, “How long till we get to the elf city?”

“One more day, but with hard traveling. In places it will be too hard for, you to ride. You will need to walk your cats for a time.” The prince spoke but showed no emotion in his voice.

“I always liked walking,” Mason said.

“I’ve noticed that. Ever since we first met up, Mason. I’ve known you as a man who liked to walk. Just about as much as a pig likes to fly,” Rapture laughed softly.

Mason chuckled at her comment. He wondered why he didn’t find more things in life funnier but decided not to say any thing. He throws the remainder of his tea into the fire making it hiss violently. “Well ether way if we walk we walk we can’t do much about it but what I can do is find some sleep before it’s all gone. Ladies, gentlemen I will see you all in the morning.” With that Mason moved off to find his bed roll and what sleep he could.
    Mason was lying on his back looking up into the night sky. He felt someone approach but never looked. “Good evening Rapture.”

“How did you know it was me?”

“I could tell by the way you walked it was you.”

Rapture must have accepted the explanation and didn’t comment on it any further. She unfolded her own bed roll and stretched out on it. She wanted to talk with Mason and wondered if he was in a talking mood. “Not sleepy,” she asked.

“Just thinking,” he answered.

“Anything interesting.”

“Memories!’ answered Mason

“Feel like sharing? I can be a good ear at times,” Rapture was now lying down with her head tuned towards him.

“It would be nothing your unstressed in.” Mason sounded as if he didn’t want to open him self to her.

“Try me.”

She sounded as if she would be the judge of her own interests so Mason decided to indulge her but he didn’t think she would understand.

“The best things I can ever remember are moments in time not places, events or people. Many say they remember the greatest things in there life as something they did or something that happen to them,”

Rapture understood what he was talking about but didn’t feel like interrupting.

“But that means little to me. Most of my life was too tragic for any one to want to remember.” Mason looked up into the night sky thinking about nothing just enjoying the moment.

“What kind of things..?” Rapture asked quietly.

“Just simple things.. Nothing any one would find exciting or fantastic,” Mason closed his eyes for a moment then opened them again slowly.

“Such as?” Asked Rapture

“Small things. Things that at first never seam to matter until later. Like the feel of the warm sun on your face or the smell of something wonderful.” Mason sighed as if he felt embarrassed at saying such thing but at the moment he didn’t care. “Like this, this moment in time will never happen again no matter how we try to feel like this again. We could never quite return to this moment in time.”

“I think I understand,” Rapture pulled in a deep breath.

“Do you..do you really understand?’ Mason asked slightly surprised.

“I think so; it’s like the smell of fresh baked bread. When I was younger we had a baker living close by. And every time I smell fresh baked bread even now, I always remember the kind old lady who worked hard every day making just enough to survive. She always shooed the children away from her shop but in truth she was kind to us. She would even give us a loaf of freshly baked bread to split up among us. It was warm and wonderful,”

Mason couldn’t be sure but he thought he could see Rapture smiling in the blue moon light, “I think you do understand.”

“But like you I have so few good memories. So what is it that you remember?” asked Rapture truly wanting to know.

“Close your eyes’ spoke Mason. Mason couldn’t tell if she was truly closing her eyes but he had a felling she did.

Lying on there back in the dead of night Mason spoke softly, “Now listen do you hear it?”

“What am I listening for?”

“Just listen,”

The sound of leafs rustling in the wind, bugs chirped and the wind it’s self moaned through the tightly fitted trees, making an eerie sound. She couldn’t believe that she never noticed it before. It was life all around her as cold and dark as the forest was she had a sudden felling of true rapture. She even loved the feeling of the damp grass under her back.She could even feel and hear her own hart pumping in her chest.

“Now open your eyes,” Was all Mason spoke.

She opened her eyes and looked upon a thousand stars looking back down on her. They twinkled and danced on a darker then dark back ground. She felt suddenly dizzy as if she was about to fall down. Even though her mind told her she was not going to fall she couldn’t help but feel as if she would slip off the edge of the world.

“It’s wonderful!” spoke Rapture. “I couldn’t imagine it would be as beautiful as this.”

“I am glade you understand.” Mason spoke quietly and smiled to himself and watched the stars until he fell into a dreamless sleep.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  12. Luther_the_Great

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Fen did not get to talk very long however. Before long the sounds of Raven’s voice seemed to meld with a low rhythmic droning of some sort of chant. It grew until that was all she could hear, though it was never very loud. She felt sleep take her away. Then, all of a sudden, it occurred to her that it was rude to go to sleep while her big sister was talking to her. She jumped up ready with an apology, but Raven wasn’t there.
    She rubbed her eyes, she was in a high vaulted room with many large dark windows that reflected the light of the lamps that were hung about the room. There was a raised area with many sparkly things that the lamp light seemed to dance off of. This area was separated from the rest of the room by railing. She could see an altar and a large triangular window behind it. At least it looked like a window, it was certainly as black as the night outside, but no lamplight reflected from the glass.
    “Oh, this looks like a temple”, she said to herself. She had only been in a few temples, such as the one in Daitly, and this one looked a bit different from those. However the altar and shiny, valuable decorations were tell tells.
    If a person stepped down from the raised area, or dais as it was called, they would walk past many rows of seats, and then rails for kneeling (she only knew they were for leaning because a large number of monks were currently doing this). The rows extended below her and behind her. She was on a raised balcony that was situated at the center of the great room at the back.
    It was hard to discern many details about it because the lamp light was hardly sufficient for illuminating the high Sanctuary (for that is what it was). The walls were draped in shadow, except for a small island of light where a lantern would be hanging. The next thing she noticed was that the room was full of people, mostly motionless and seated. Some were standing on the dais, around the altar. She could now see that there was something laid on the altar, but she couldn’t tell what it was from the people standing there.
    As she was noticing all of this a gradual sense of unease had been steadily creeping into her. She was beginning to think that this was not the sort of place that she wanted to be at all. She started to back away from the edge of the balcony when she bumped into someone. She nervously edged around and then gasped in fright. Three dark figures were seated behind her, so close they could have reached out and grabbed her. She could only see their outlines in the dark. She was caught.
    She felt like a thief who has been helping himself to some valuable dainties that were thought to be unwatched only to find a squad of police patiently waiting to apprehend him. She panicked, threw off her gloves, and found that she wasn’t wearing any gloves to throw off. She didn’t stop to ponder this though, she simply aimed to blast them to smithereens…but nothing happened.
    Her mouth gaped opened. The figures didn’t vaporize, nor did they move, nor did anything at all seem to change. She realized that they weren’t even looking at her. They were looking down at the altar. Suddenly the room seemed to throb with a low noise that Fen had never heard before. The noise grew louder and started to vary in pitch, sometimes lower and sometimes higher. She quickly realized it was music from some sort of unimaginably huge instrument. She didn’t like the sound of it, it was dark an ominous and shook her to her soul.
    Then, by some compulsion she didn’t undertand, she moved back to the edge of the balcony and peered over to see a procession of black robed figures making their way down the center isle to the altar. There were some who carried lanterns on long poles and others who carried other strange things but at the center of the procession was a group of people obviously more important than the rest. As they made their way forward the figures around the altar stepped aside and disappeared down some side passages that she couldn’t see. Then Fen saw it and it rocked her memory like a bomb. Laying on the altar was a gigantic axe of a shape Fen had never seen before.
    The Procession made its way to the dais, with the lantern bearers stopping in designated spots, while continuing to hold their lanterns high. As the four most important people passed the rows, Fen could see that everyone bowed until they made their way to the dais. One situated himself behind the altar facing the people, one stood almost directly behind that one (with to lantern bearers on either side), the remaining two stood at either side of the altar. A man came up carrying a large black book and stood in front of the altar and opened it to certain page and held it in front of him for the high priest (the man behind the altar) to read.
    Fen noticed the music had stopped now but she didn’t remember how long it had been stopped. She also noticed that the central figure had been reading out of the book for some time. It was as if a spell had come over her and his words had put her in a trance. She had been seeing strange images flow through her mind that the words seemed to give shape. Now the trance was broken as the reading had stopped.
    The men on the dais had arranged themselves in prostrate positions with their palms extended outward to the central figure. “TOLIMUS RECULSLAIS NVEMDOR”, his voice seemed to shake the building. The axe began to glow as if it was red hot. It began to rise above the table until it was in the center of the large triangular window behind the dais. The high priest raised his hands and great sparks and lightenings seemed to erupt out of them and engulf the axe. Fen was knocked back by the thunderous commotion and sudden burst of energy. She found herself under someone’s legs who had been sitting behind her.
    She looked up, and in the brilliant flashes of light she saw that it was the dark man who she feared so horribly. She crawled on her back as far as she could go in the balcony to get away from him. But he didn’t move.

13. Luther_the_Great

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    As Fen cowered against the balcony rail, wanting to jump off to get away but not daring to move, interesting events were taking place on the dais below. As the high priest seemingly blasted the axe with the might of the heavens, lightening like energy seemed to be flowing back out of the axe (only these were red and violet in color) and raining down on the high priest. Both he and the axe were consumed in light, most of the monks flinched and closed their eyes.
    Balantine watched intently, he could see what was going on. He could see the both the form of the high priest and the axe under the veils of energy that engulfed them. He watched as the axe began to change in shape, the relic was beginning to come out. He could also see the priest increase in stature and girth. His robes, untouched by the fury of magic, began to rip as the priest grew into a more monstrous shape. At this rate he would be mutated before the separation was complete! Balantine approached the rail, Fen seeing him coming toward her crept along the side of the rail to get out of his way.
    The three surrounding priests let loose a fury of bright green lightenings at the high priest, fending off the resonant energies of the axe. The high preist began to shrink back to his prior form, it looked like he might survive the process after all. Then a loud clanging noise, as if a metal object had been hooked in some nook of stone, filled the room. The Drake could see the both the axe and the relic clearly now, yet there was a final thread of connection that would not break.
    A roar of thundering power engulfed the room as the high priest put his supreme effort into his work. The light became so bright that even the priests on the dais had to close their eyes. The returning energies from the axe were tremendous and the high priest’s body exploded with malevolent growth. Feelers of red and violet began to creep down the streams of power that they were sending to aid the priest. They could feel their hands and forearms changing shape. The connection would not break, they would all be consumed in the madness.
    Fen saw the dark man raise his arm, and a resounding bang was heard over the deafening roar of the lightenings. The priests were thrown against the walls, the altar was destroyed, bodies were thrown across the length of the room. And then there was quiet. Fen felt the stone railing of the balcony crumble away. She looked out and glowing brightly like a levitating flame, was a relic. The axe could be seen stuck in the stone floor of the isle. Electric-like energy was still shuddering around it.
    She looked around and couldn’t see the bad man anywhere. She looked down to see part of someone sticking out of the rubble of the fallen stone. Then she saw it, a towering monster splayed out along the dais. It began to twitch and move. It let out a tremendous roar that shook the remaining glass out of the broken windows. The beast lumbered to its feet and let out another roar and jumped into the crowd. Before Fen knew what was happening a torrent of spells, sparks, and who knows what were being hurled at the creature from all over the room. Enraged, it set about the destruction over everything it came across undeterred by anything they could hit it with.
    With a sweep of its massive arms it nearly took out a large pillar, the building trembled. Soon it would have the roof down on them and Fen would be buried in that wretched place. It was about to take another swing at the pillar when there was a flash and an explosion. The creature was hurled against the wall. A figure, in the shape of a person but its body was glowing with bright blue light so that not features could be determined, was standing where the creature had been standing. It was holding the axe, the electric aura of the axe was running up and down its body. The creature shook itself and got up only to be met with another blow from the axe, this time Fen saw how explosive energy poured out from it knocking the arm off of the beast. It screamed in pain. The figure raised the axe and brought it down on its chest. It exploded and charred flesh went everywhere.
    Several people ran up to the red figure, including Fen for some uncontrollable reason. It was leaning heavily against the axe which looked different to Fen somehow. When she reached the figure, the red light whipped off of him like a sheet and she saw it was the dark man. She gasped, as he fell over weakly on top of her, crushing her into the remains of the smoking beast and that’s the last thing she remembered before she felt Raven shaking her violently.

“It’s alright, it’s alright! Its just a dream” Raven was saying. Everyone was standing around her. Light had come into the sky.

“What?” Fen was terribly confused.

“You were screaming in you sleep. You just started to go into convulsions again and finally you screamed “GET IT OFF ME, GET IT OFF ME” over and over”

Fen didn’t know what else to do, so she just embraced Raven tightly and cried.

14. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    It was not long before Cambei and the others finally encountered the elves that ruled this forest. Though Cambei hadn't been aware of their approach he didn't blame his scatter-brainedness, the elves had lived here for some time, they had forged a trust with nature here, it would conceal them if need be. Luckily things didn't degenerate as it initially would have seemed.

There was some concern of kidnapping at first, but this was quickly explained away by Raven, who was apparently considered by the elven prince to be a sister. As interesting as that was, as soon as the possibility of danger had passed Cambei really stopped paying attention until the began to move again, this time toward the elven city, or something. Cambei didn't know elves had cities, sure he knew they had settlements, but something about him made him have trouble calling them cities.

None the less he let his mind wonder on further, sure that he wouldn't be able to ignore trouble for too long should it present itself. It had been a good long time since he'd last been able to feel that secure in his surroundings. Even since joining this group things had never been short of chaotic for long. It was nice to know that for now they were safe. For now being the key phrase.

It wasn't long before they stopped off for the night. The night watch duty would be given to some of the elves, which was nice, considering no one had gotten a full night's sleep in some time, with watches and nightmares being common among the entire company. He didn't take long to fall into sleep, not that he was especially tired, he just didn't have much to think about to keep his mind busy, and so there was nothing to keep rest from him. Yes it was nice not to have to worry, for one night at least. Or it seemed so until Fen began to scream, her night terrors had returned, trouble would no doubt follow soon...

15. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Ray went out as his brother told him,to kill three elves.He didn`t care for them because in his past they caused him much trouble.He went on talking to himself along the way ,wondering wich one to kill.He needed help,he new how to infultrate...undercover.then it struck him,"Ile find a elve and....,"he wasnt aloud to befriend anything besides his own kind.It didn`t matter he was an outcast.

He wasn`t going to take it,he would become friends with anyone he felt like do what he wanted.He would go and destroy his brother become king and get his family out of the desolate wasteland in the east.''I`le star anew and then find somone to be friends with.He never remembered having a friend exept the elve who trained him.

He crossed the sea and landed on the shores of a fresh land.He set out to find the castle of the elves.He seemed to want something...water it had been days before he had ate or drank anything.He killed a few rabbits and ate them.It had been a while since the elve had not been watching him.He felt peace as he went to sleep.he dreamt of the three dead elves wich had been givin to the wolves.He awoke and left a few scraps of rabbit there,acting as if taking care of a wolf cub.He was laughing thinking of being king of the wolves.His wolf dad died many years ago.The only one that cared for him,Marvo,why have you left in my time of need?''he mummbled.After days of searching for the kingdom he had another dream,of his dad he told Ray he mustn`t do his brothers bidding

Ray awoke and paid little attention to the dream he had them all his life...they were usually correct.Nothing happened to Ray for a while until oneday...He was daydreaming of a theatrical event in a city,some 200 miles away now,and he ran right into a castle,an elven castle!The guards came around out of nowere and quickly overpowered him.He was now being led to a dungeon and it was cold,wet,and dark.He used this to his advantage and became invisable.He killed the two elven guards with ease and hid the bodies.Now he needed help

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  16. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    As Fen ran off to the forest, she could hear Raven calling for her…. She could hear the sadness in Raven’s voice… she didn’t mean to hurt her old sister, and felt a bit bad… But, Fen couldn’t help but still feel so, so angry at the idea of losing someone who had become a constant in Fen’s life (and, it would be a first that is wasn’t the Mercs who ripped some caring friend away from Fen’s life forever).

Fen slowed down with her conflicting emotions. "Why did you lie to me? I thought I was your sister?" She finally said, but was too angry and embarrassed at her own tears to turn around.

"I didn't lie to you...No one knows of my connection with the elves out side of the fact they saved my life! Fen... Please hear me out!" By the sounds of it, Raven was going to tell the whole story… Fen decided it was only fair to know why Raven didn’t tell…

So she waited for Raven to continue. “After I was raped and left as dead on the very beach we washed up upon. A group of elves found me... I was so badly beaten that I was within a few breaths of taking my last. They brought me to their home and with the healing powers of the King I was brought back to life and took into his house as a daughter...or a Princess of these woods where I lived happily for many, many years...” So… that’s how she became part of the family… Fen could understand that: with her, it was a band of street kids and a kind, but poor old healer who watched over them.

Then, she heard Raven’s voice change as her story became even more sad and serious. “But for the last few months before I left I kept having the same recurring dream...I would wake up and find that every single elf that lived in these woods was slaughtered and tossed into one pile and set a blaze...and one voice would keep telling me that this was all my fault and that if I didn't leave.. That, that was the fate the Elves would surly face!"

Dreams? Raven… Raven had dreams like that too?? As Fen spun around, she only realized then that Raven was on her knees and at eye level to her…. Somehow, it made Fen feel a bit better... Fen remembered her old dreams: seeing herself back in the Labs, feeling that same pain…. that always drove Fen forward. Fen actually had a few encounters that proved her dreams true as well… So, Fen wasn’t alone anymore with her crazy dreams too? "You believed it didn't you?"

"YES! I ran away from the city in the middle of the night and swore that I would never set foot back her nor speak a word of my life here so that I could protect my family!"

Fen could feel her emotions break free again at the word family and the fact that Raven was probably going to leave her. Your family? Then what am I, HUH?" She shouted as tears started to run down her face.

Raven went forward, and wrapped her arms around Fen and spoke in a calm way that Fen had dreamed a mother would someday say to her. "Oh Fen... I will always love and care for you as my little sister! Don't you think for one minute that I don't!" Fen somehow knew that every word was true, and wrapped her arms around Raven as well… She… she still had a sister! Oh, how lucky Fen was!….. Even though she felt a bit stupid for thinking that she mistrusted Raven to begin with.

Mason and the others had followed, and had heard everything Raven said… A little discussion broke out on what was the truth and what really happened. Fen didn’t really care…. She knew Raven was still her sister, and that’s all that mattered… Though, after a bit, Fen realized that she was still clinging to Raven even after Ras started to make some accusations on Raven’s story… Oh, how silly she must look to the others! Fen let go so Raven could stand up and talk to Ras face-to-face.

After all the confusion was sorted out, the elven prince (A prince!…. And Fen threw an acorn at him! Oh, he must be soooo mad!) came up to Fen and, to her surprise started apologizing to her! “I do hope that you can for give me for wishing to steal you big sister away from you little one! It looks as if these woods have just received a second Princess as well now" Then, he took of his fancy golden headband, and placed it on Fen’s dirty, dreaded head. Fen? A princess???? Did… Did this mean she had a new family now too??? ….. YAAAY!!!!! “My name is Odnalro Prince of the Great Forest” He said, addressing them all as a group instead of just Fen. "Please forgive me for blaming you for a crime that you never committed! I would like you all to join us in our Kingdom as a token of my apology. You all will be welcomed as heroes for saving the life of Princess Raven!"

"Hero's you say! What makes you think we're worthy of that title?” It was hard to say if Fugg was offended or overwhelmed by the title, but Fen had to agree…. When was the last time they saved Raven? Well… there was that sand trap…. And the whole entire mutie encounter.... And the Dragons…. And Fen had a feeling Kabora had helped Raven in a lot of ‘special’ ways….. But… the only thing Fen could really think of doing to save Raven was give her a birthday and a present to cheer her up….. Would that count? Ah… it didn’t matter.

While Raven came once more to Fen, Kabora came up and messed up Fen’s dreads and headband and started teasing Raven. "Princess huh? So that makes you a Royal pain in the A- -" before he could finish, Raven gave him a teasing shove while Fen giggled at the two who were obviously becoming lovers….. Yeah… he would make a great big brother some day.

"Come on Fen... lets go and get some rest...there is so much I wish to tell you about my life with the elves" Raven said, grabbing Fen’s hand and leading them away…. They sat at the roots of a bit oak tree and (Fen using Whip as a backrest… again) Raven started to tell all about the elves… ok, they got interrupted about three sentences in by the two elven men from fighting. After a smart comment on how silly men were, they were back on track, talking….. talking…. About elves…… and how they………….. how they………………………………………………

17. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ugh!!!!! Fen couldn’t believe she was falling asleep right in the middle of Raven’s conversa….. oh crap…. Not again!!!!
    ~ A dark temple where two relics were separated, a man died, and the dark man made his appearance once again….~

Fen woke up with a start. Raven was right there, holding Fen by the shoulders. “It’s alright, it’s alright! Its just a dream” Raven was saying. Everyone was standing around her. Light had come into the sky.

“What?” Fen was totally confused.

“You were screaming in you sleep. You just started to go into convulsions again and finally you screamed “GET IT OFF ME, GET IT OFF ME” over and over.” Raven said.

Fen remembered the dream in all its strange horror and started to cry in Raven’s arms. “He’s… He’s back… The Dark Man.” Fen said between sobs.

“Who?” said a male’s voice: It was the elven prince who, unlike everyone else, had no idea on what was going on.

“Ummm….” Fen said, obviously not trusting the others.

“It’s ok.” Raven said with a warm smile. “No one here will think you crazy. Don’t worry, elves love to hear about dreams.”

“Yeah,” Said Mason as he started to load his stuff onto Holster. “I think these guys are safe enough, and it would be a good way to kill time on our journey there.”

Fen, totally trusting the judgment of Raven and Mason, gave a small nod: if they said it was ok, then it was ok. But first, she had another problem: Fen's poor Meir, Whiplash seemed to have gotten sick from the spider poison and was sort of favoring his right, front paw (the bite was on the left). Even more frightening: Whip's fur and skin around the bite was still that acid-green colour.... Was it just Fen? or was the green area bigger now?? Either way, there was no way Fen was gonna ride on her poor meir. So, with the help of Kabora and Raven, Fen was able to get the cat on Mufasa's back. As it was, now Fen, Kabora, Raven, and Fugg had to walk (Fugg's meir was hurt too, but was able to walk). And with that, off they whent.

As they traveled, Fen decided to tell everyone about her dreams:….. The Lab dreams which have allowed Fen to evade the Mercs countless times…. The Glowing People and their beautiful cities and lights (and the sadder times with the glowing people when she seen them in war and their homes destroyed)…… The Dark Man, and the dark things he did….. And finally, the girl who lived in the river that flowed through everything.

“The girl was very nice… but weird…. She said that she was with me all along and protected me, even though I couldn’t see her and stuff….. Do you guys have any idea what that could mean?”

“It sounds like a spirit, or an angel.” Said Cambei, who was riding Sage.

“What’s that?”

There was a sort of pause, as they stared at each other for an answer. “Well….” Cambei when on. “Imagine if the wind itself had a mind, and wanted to protect you… you couldn’t see it, but you know it’s always there.” Fen thought about that for a moment, then nodded with a smile. Yeah… that sort of made sense…. A nice, warm breeze can feel like a hug from an invisible person sometimes…. The idea was odd, but it made the most sense so far.

As Fen went on about her dreams, she noticed that, no one laughed and that most of the elves were very interested… Heck, even Sed seemed interested in her dreams…. But.... What did they all mean??? Maybe... Maybe the elves could tell her? Ha, that in itself would be a dream come true.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  18. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Fugg wasn’t even finished taking to Mason when a company of elves came from the surrounding forest Fugg told Mason there was something out there, but the giant said less than what he knew. Fugg immediately recognized some of them so he concealed himself under a tree to avoid being seen or easily identified by the elven warriors.

Then, the giant instantly recognized prince Odnalro, whom Fugg knew enough to keep his distance from, and then the prince spoke:

“Release my sister…NOW!!” then Raven dashed forward and, placing herself between the prince and Mason, cried out loud: “Gwador!! Al!! They are my friends my brother! They saved me after I ran away!" Elvish was not unknown to Fugg, yet he was surprised that it wasn’t to Raven either, moreover the fact that she called Odnalro “Gwador” (brother).

"May we join your camp for the night, it is far to dark to make the journey home? Odnalro continued looking at Raven, "May we join your camp for the night, it is far to dark to make the journey home?” Fugg then saw all the others relaxing their combat stances, he just let go of the grip of his sword.

“So, who wants to explain how you all know each other and why you presumed we were keeping Raven here as a prisoner?” Rapture inquired, but the prince didn’t finish his answer, Fen had hit him in the back of his head with an acorn and then fled to the forest, Raven ran behind her practically begging her to stop and then reached the girl; Fugg shook his head and covered his face with the palm of his hand for a moment as a reprobating sign.

With tears running through her face, Fen asked: Why did you lie to me? I thought I was your sister?" it was the moment for Raven to speak: "I didn't lie to you...No one knows of my connection with the elves out side of the fact they saved my life! Fen... Please hear me out!" she then took a moment and continued soon after "After I was raped and left as dead on the very beach we washed up upon. A group of elves found me... I was so badly beaten that I was within a few breaths of taking my last breath. They brought me to their home and with the healing powers of the King I was brought back to life and took into his house as a daughter...or a Princess of these woods where I lived happily for many, many years...But for the last few months before I left I kept having the same recurring dream...I would wake up and find that every single elf that lived in these woods was slaughtered and tossed into one pile and set a blaze...and one voice would keep telling me that this was all my fault and that if I didn't leave. That that was the fate the Elves would surely face!"

“Now that explains a few things” Fugg thought to himself in silence.

Raven and Fen kept exchanging words about family and devotion when suddenly, Mason asked: “Is that the truth Raven?"

"Yes, every word of it!" She answered.

Then the prince explained as he stepped forward: “She left no note or had left word with anyone as to her leaving. I had honestly believed that who ever had left her in the state she was found in had found her and taken her away from us! I swore on the morning we found her missing that I would not rest until I discovered what had become of her. When I heard her name being spoken and the sound of her voice among your group I had immediately thought that she was your captive"

To what Rapture answered in annoyance: "How could you NOT know what your sister looked like? Just how long were you gone Raven?"

“A little over two years! I changed my appearance some so that no one could recognize me. This odd patch of hair is what is left of my original hair color along with the style of clothing he was use to me wearing!" She explained.

Then Odnarlo walked towards Fen and spoke to her: “I do hope that you can for give me for wishing to steal you big sister away from you little one! It looks as if these woods have just received a second Princess as well now. My name is Odnalro Prince of the Great Forest" He introduced himself to Fen as to the rest of the group, except Fugg who was concealed by the gloom of the tree’s shadow.

Please for give me for blaming you for a crime that you never committed! I would like you all to join us in our Kingdom as a token of my apology. You all will be welcomed as heroes for saving the life of Princess Raven!" The prince continued.

“Haha, so he hasn’t changed even a bit this clown” Fugg thought to himself and then stepped forward from the shadows speaking up: "Heroes you say! What makes you think we're worthy of that title?" Odnalro looked at Fugg as if trying to recognize where and when he had seen the giant; “I’m more than positive that you all have earned the right to that title after what you had done the other day....and in the past" He said the last part very softly but Fugg knew he had finally recognized him.

Then, as all the others sat by the fire to speak, Fugg kept nursing Titan, the wounded meir an elf from the prince’s company stepped forth: “That your meir, my lord?” he asked. “Yes, I was ambushed by a large platoon of goblins and he got wounded in the process; he got hit by arrows, here, here and here” Said the giant pointing at the spots. “Well you have done a good job sir, he would be dead by now otherwise, and do I have your leave? The elf asked for Fugg’s permission to use elvish medicine to cure Titan, the giant nodded.

Soon after, everybody went to sleep and, the next morning, they learnt about a new dream Fen had “These dreams have a connection of some sort with some hidden activity….” Fugg thought as Fen plotted her dream.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
  19. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Although they hadn't gotten much sleep that night everyone worked up sometime after dawn and began to pack up camp. Fugg's mount Titan, was doing better than it was the day before but still wasn't quite strong enough for Fugg to ride. He could still make the long walk to the Elven Kingdom with little trouble with the medical attention he had received from the Elves. Fen was still quite worried about her little furry friend and Raven just couldn't see having to leave it behind and break her little sister heart. So with the help of Kabora's mind powers they were able to lift it up onto Mufasa (who happened to be its father)'s back and secured it so that Fen could ride with him leaving Raven, Fugg and Kabora to walk.

Prince Odnalro had sent a messenger to inform his father the King of their arrival and that if all went well that they should be there just before night fall. Ever since their encounter during the night he had been paying close attention to Kabora's actions when ever he would go near his adopted and beloved sister Raven. Alto Kabora was indeed and Elf, he wasn't from the Great Woods and that fact was plane as day to the Woodland Elves. Their was an arrogance about Kabora that set his blood on fire every time he spotted him speaking to Princess Raven commonly "She is better than the like of him!" he's thoughts would speak out to him. But when everyone was packed up and ready he was not surprised that his sister chose to stay at the back of the line and walk along side the two wounded creatures and the little girl with Giant and Kabora.

Raven knew that her brother was watching her and Kabora and was starting to become extremely annoyed over it. She knew that their would be trouble if she showed back up into these woods "Geash..I wish that he would give me a break" she muttered softly under her breath.

"Can I ask you something Rave?" Kabora asked suddenly causing her to jump. He chuckled as Raven shot him a dirty look "But seriously, what is the deal with that guy?" he asked keeping his voice low so only she could hear him

"The deal with whom? My brother?" she asked wondering where this was coming from "I mean besides the fact that he is way too overprotective of me...I don't know" Raven replied. Just then something he said just struck her "... Did you just call me...Rave?" she sounded more surprised than upset.

Kabora just shrugged his shoulders and grinned "...What I meant was why dose you brother act like he's better than me? I know he's a Prince...but this is different" he asked as his smile faded.

Raven lowered her head sadly "I really don't know... I've never seen his act like this around another Elf Kabora" her voice rang with confusion...' Is it because of me? I'm I the reason why Odnalro is treating him this way...I mean Kabora is the one who is truly responsible for saving my life. If it wasn't for him back at Gabe's Tavern...I'd be...dead!' Raven thought to herself.

Kabora saw how troubled Raven looked and was about to say something when the Prince himself came strutting over..." Is he troubling you Princess!" he asked nudging his head into Kabora's direction next to her "Come...As Princess of these woods it is your duty to travel up front with the rest of my royal guards can protect you better" he said pointedly.

Raven snapped her head up and glared at her brother "How dare you speak like that in front of my friends!" She looked over to Kabora quickly and saw his eyes looked as if they were on fire then looked back at the Prince “You owe this Elf a debt of gratitude BROTHER! If it was not for Kabora's quick thinking I would have been buried at the bottom of a Tavern that was set on fire to lead us into a trap! If it was not for Kabora... I would be DEAD!" she spat out enraged at her brothers ignorance.

The Prince acted as if Raven had said nothing at all "He's not an Elf that is from these woods...He is a meir Mountain Elf....We are better than the likes of them!" he replied spiting at the ground in front of Kabora.

Raven knew that Kabora was only a matter of seconds before he was about to Kill her brother. She knew that if she didn't do something a fight of massive proportions would brake out and it would surly break her heart. Placing her hand onto Kabora’s arm she glared at her brother "How dare you!" she gasped being so pissed off at her brother that it was taking every ounce of her will power Not to kill him herself " I love him Odnalro! There is nothing you can say or do that will change my mind" With that said Raven turned around and placed her lips onto Kabora’s for a deep and passionate kiss.

The Prince was so outraged at what he had just seen his sister do the he stormed off back into the direction he came from. When Raven and Kabora’s lips finally parted, she had a horrified look upon her face "What have I done?" she gasped in a hushed whisper placing her hands on top of her mouth. Tears where almost ready to free themselves from her eyes as Kabora looked at her in a stunned silence. “What have I done?" she asked her self again as she turned and took off on a dead run in the direction Of Mason leaving Kabora, Fen and Fugg all wondering what had just happened.

Once Kabora was able to speak again, he shook his head "Well that took care of him?" he muttered referring to the prince but what was he going to do about Raven...

Kabora was just about to go after her when Fen spoke up once again “She’ll be alright!" she spoke up from on top of Muffasa "She's up walking near Mason right now" she explained.

"Give her time...It took some guts to stand up to her brother like that, let alone a Prince" Fugg replied. He was trying not to laugh at the stupefied look that was upon the Prince’s face as Raven kissed Kabora.

20. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    removed..

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
Search tags for this page

how to use sedril leaf for protection

sedril leave to protect