RPG #16 - Barteris

Discussion in 'RPG # 16 - Barteris' started by Nienor, May 11, 2006.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Of all the times for Cambei to lose himself in the scenery, this had to be the worst he'd ever encountered. Soon after they left the castle he and the dragon he'd been assigned had had a quick chat, basic pleasantries really. They exchanged names and what their favorite foods were, and interesting stories about their food preferences. When it came down to the whole issue of trust they got to the point rather quickly. Cambei figured the dragon was the one with the wings, so when it came to flying she probably knew what she was doing.

Eventually though their conversation ended and a long period of silence began. Cambei became immersed in how the clouds looked and what they reminded him of, come to think of it the dragon probably thought him rather scatter brained. It wasn't until the flock had been circling in the air for several minutes when Cambei noticed something was amiss.

Looking down he noted the chaos going on down below, as well as the several dragon bodies that had been shot down. Cambei asked his dragon Flying Snow, to politely fly alittle lower and then stay high up out of the gun's range. The dragon complied and when they were still a good deal away from the ground Cambei quickly released his straps and leaped from the creature's back.

This would seem rather foolish for most people, but Cambei had taken greater risks in his life. He drew his blades just before landing, allowing the cutting of several bodies of the pirates to slow him down. It was just enough, a quick combat roll being the last thing to keep his ankles from snapping like twigs. He didn't think about it much though. As it stood he was completely surrounded by buccaneers, and he couldn't see any of the others.

He wasn't worried though, after all, they were just pirates... Or at least that's what it seemed like. The more he cut down the more skillful they became, when finally he knew just who it was he was facing, mercs. Well that was no fun, still he didn't have much choice in the matter.

A group approached him in a circle formation planning to make at least one side his back side. Cambei was no ordinary warrior though, he leapt in a manner not commonly seen anymore. While passing through the air his body was parallel to the ground, his feet level with the heads of all of his aggressors. In that once quick motion, that one basic move in all the classic martial temples, that wave of enemies struck the ground.

Their ranks didn't end there however, they just kept coming, no matter how many he beat down or cut open they were just too damn stupid to run. Oh well, it was their own fault, so he continued to throw flurry after flurry of lethal, and often visually stunning blows at the faceless hordes of opponents that plauged him.

After some uncountable minutes there was a break in their ranks. It seemed to Cambei as though he'd killed or knocked out every single person on that particular ship. He noticed that Fugg had managed to make a makeshift raft out of some debris and had gathered Raven and Fen and was taking them ashore. Fen had been the main person he'd been concerned about when the mercs had appeared. With Fugg she'd be safe, so now he just had to worry about that town.

He had to get ashore, but with those gunamen still possibly alive he'd have to make his way there without Flying Snow's help. Then the second fleet arrived. They'd begun to fire on the pirate ships, that was it! He saw a shell coming and quickly made his way and braced himself for something he'd never thought to try before. It struck the hull and exploded, Cambei jumped just before impact and jumped from ship chunk to ship chunk until he got into leaping distance of the beach.

His landing was anything but gentle. It took him several moments to regain his footing and shake off the extra sand. He then made a b-line for the town. There were still plenty of raiders, but many of the townsfolk had either died or been taken hostage. Cambei desided he had no choice but to try and do what he could. As soon as he started fighting their number they all flocked to him, or else they ran. Thank the gods these ones actually ran! In time he managed to beat down the vast majority of them in this particular area, but there were still more in the town.

He was prepairing to go for them when another surprise came. The three present were clad in thick leather armor, or else they were covered by white sheets. They carried chains and spears, and it didn't take a genius to realise they'd been waiting for just this moment. The Wong Tei Sect finally had him isolated, and no one would think twice about someone killed in the raid.

The first spear fighter rushed him and attempted a stab for his heart. Cambei parried the attack and attempted to move in. However the chain carrying monk used his weapon to bind his feet together. Cambei needed to act fast, as he fell to the ground he flung one of his blades into the first aggressor to move for him, while he quickly pulled himself into a ball, causeing the man with the chain to be propelled toward him. Quickly Cambei flung his legs back out into the chain fighter, shattering his chest and liquifying his lungs and heart.

He freed himself just as the other spearman was upon him. Cambei spun on his back to defend against the weapon and get back to his feet. He spun as the spear strike came, positioning himself within striking distance and shot his remaining blade into the heart of the enemy monk. He loosed and cleaned the weapon and gathered his other blade. These monks had been sloppy, in the future he'd have to pay more attention. For now he needed to find the others...

2. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    After letting out the scream of panic, Fen tried all she could to stop the Mercs from shooting up her legs and taking her back. Getting in close so they couldn’t use their guns, Fen used what she learned from Cambei and Fugg as she jumped and moved about, actually slashing one of the mercs across the arm… But it was still too little too late. In a couple of seconds, Fen was sure she would be caught. After another dodge, Fen felt the shadow of the dragon’s wing against her face. She looked up, seeing Raven jump to the sail, and Blue flying overhead. For a tiny moment, Fen couldn’t decide if she was happy or afraid for the familiar face… Raven was coming to help, but the mercs wanted Raven as well…

Then, she heard the sound of another large gunfire… Fen could see the light-blue blood sliding out of the dragon as it started to fall. "Go back, go back to shore, you'll be safe there!!!!" Fen shouted through the helm… please don’t die… please… not another friend…

"I'm sorry little one, its too late for me. I'm afraid I don't have much time left dear. Fen... although our time was short, I am still glad we met. Please, stay brave little one... You are stronger than you know." Then, Blue blasted a few ships with her ice and then followed her attack into the ships as well… She was gone. Fen watched it all in stark horror with tears running down her face… (Obviously, the Mercs decided to attack another more dangerous threat [Fugg, Raven, and Kabora] as none of them were around her now) Worst of all, this wasn’t the first time. So many have died because of her… because they were near her……..

No……. It wasn’t just her fault… The mercs were the ones who were always chasing her… killing her friends… It was THEIR fault as much as hers!!! Just the though alone made Fen’s hands shake and her gloves glow with amazing power; so much so, that she could see the glowing fire start crawling up her arms. She turned to the Merc gunner. "YOU KILLED MY FRIEND!!" Fen screamed with all the pain and frustration she had held over the years. The Merc didn’t even look up; actually, he kept on shooting.... kept on killing….

It was a last straw: Fen’s happy, logical self slipped into a fiery rage as she leapt forward and slipped her gloves into her pocket. …GAS… A loud blast could be heard from her palms as the Merc… the floor… all the levels of the ship… the water…. And part of the ocean floor puffed into nothingness, leaving a gaping hole. After a couple seconds, Fen snapped back into awareness and as she stared into the hole she just made… She killed him… It wasn’t an accident…. To Fen, killing (especially with her powers) was forbidden. “Wha--” *whump* Before she could even say anything, something… or someone… banged her behind the skull, knocking her mind into the darkness of her dreams. But even as she drifted there, her unsaid though echoed in her mind: What have I done?

Down in the darkness of sleep, Fen woke up to a night in the land of glowing people. There, the moon was eaten by blackness but with a blink, the scenery changed around her…. Now, everything was a blood red: fire fell from the sky and flying war ships seemed to be everywhere…. Everything changed again and the voice (for once the voice wasn’t screaming for help from Fen) shouted a warning to Fen…. “He’s coming, Don’t let him see you!” She shouted…. Who mommy? Fen wanted to shout, but her voice was lost… Then for a split second, she saw something: It was like living dark, with a glowing eye. Then, before she could scream, Fen woke up.

"Fen!!! Fen!!! Get up!!!" Said a voice out of the darkness…. Fen reached for it, and was welcomed with blinding light and deafening gunfire.

"Mommy?" Fen said in grogginess. Then she realized it wasn’t that voice but Raven; who had been fighting Mercs and was now covered with splatters of blood and looking very worried….. Wait, something was very wrong…. Why was a warship from her dream in the real world?!? Fen could feel the loud hum or relics coming from the giant ship… a couple relics were getting stronger…. Were charging up for an attack…. Raven turned to see that Fen was awake, and looked like she was about to say something when it happened. The warship shot a blast and Raven was knocked out of Fen’s range of sight. To make matters worse, the body of a pirate landed right on Fen; his wide-eyed face inches away from her own.

Panic…Exhaustion… Fear… Hatred…. Sorrow… Horror… So many thoughts… So many questions… All fighting for attention at once in Fen’s mind. Fen felt like she was there, on that ship in that moment, and at the same time thousands of miles away… her poor brain left to sort out so many things before she would be able function again….. Was…. was she going to die there? The ship was sinking…. The dream-warship was still shooting at her… All alone… Again, all alone.

Then, the pirate body moved and for a second Fen thought the pirate was becoming a mutie; instead, it was lifted away by Fugg. He looked as serious as ever, and… could it be? A touch of worry?? “Fugg…. Are you really here?” Fen gasped in half-disbelief.

“We’re leaving, now.” And without another word, Fugg hoisted Fen over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. Then, he grabbed Raven, swung her in the same fashion over his other shoulder, and leaped off the deck and into the water. Fen coughed and spluttered as Fugg pulled both her and the unconscious Raven to a large piece of floating wood, and started paddling with another piece of wood… Fen lay there for a moment, looking straight up at the flying warship…. No, it wasn’t exactly like the one she saw in her dream…. She was so tired, but the last thing she wanted to do was sleep… Poor Fugg… paddling like crazy all by himself… Fen had to help…. They were still too close to danger and Fugg was doing all the work…. Still tired, existing, yet distant, Fen reached for her water relic and willed the water to help move them along… The current she made was weak, but Fen knew it would help none the less.

After what seemed like forever, they reached shore and Fugg propped both Fen and her sister against a rock then turned to the battle that was still raging on. Finally, Fen had a moment to consciously sort out some of her thoughts… The first of many to swim to the surface of her conscious was a pattern she was finding: every time she found happiness, a time of bad stuff would follow. The more happy, the worse the bad stuff would be later… and as things were going more and more to an extreme…. It… it would only be a matter of time when….
    “Fugg?”

“Hm?” He said, obviously in his own thoughts.

“You know my birthday in a couple of weeks, right?”

“Hm.” Was his only answer.

......when everything would come to an end.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
  3. Darth Qui-gon

Darth Qui-gon Man its good to be back

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Kabora was standing there with the sword to the commader's throat thinking and hoping that the Mercs were like a millitary because if they were, he had them right were he wanted them. If they were he knew that no Military can operate without the commander. some one always has to be in charge and if that person is captured then you have control over the entire group and they will do what you want until they get their leader back. Kabora was horribly wrong as they started to raise their weapons, Thankfully Cambei decided to drop in and take their attention away from him long enough for Kabora to slit the guys throat. Just as he was finished his heard a gun shot out in the distance. Kabora leaped from the ship and hit the water just as the shell it the ship, tearing it to pieces. After he came back to the surface he said

"What the hell is this. I hope this isnt more bad news. I am beginning to think that i should have just stayed home." As he started to swim towards a huge chunck of the boat he was on.

"Alright i can make this. Dont worry about all the gun fire and just focus" He whispered to himself and he knelt down and, with the aid of is mind, leaped for the shore and landed about 20 feet of Cambei who had just finished off the last of what appeared to be monks as well.

"You alright" Cambei said to Kabora

"Yeah although my ego just got shot with a shot gun." He said with a laugh

"I just found out that Merc doesnt operate like normal military outfits"

"Well yeah, I thought you knew about them"

"Well counting this one, this would be the second time i've faced them. You know i tend to avoid conflict. Well that is, unless im with a Gun Runner, Ex-Assassin, Monk, what ever the hell Fugg is, and a child that is infused with a relic, and what ever the hell Rapture is." He agian said with a laugh

"You know how that goes" Kabora added.

"Of course" Cambei replied. After thinking for a moment Kabora then noticed that he hadnt seen Rapture for a while, since they went on this mission.

"Have you seen Rapture?" Kabora asked

"No i havent she must have stayed at the palace." Kabora just nodded

"I saw Fugg was bringing Raven and Fen ashore when i was on my way over here." Cambei stated" We should go see if they are alright." Kabora followed Cambei and they arrived just had Fugg it the shore.

"Is everyone ok?" Kabora ask to Fugg

"Fen is a little banged up and Raven got knocked out by the blast but they both appear to have nothing seriously wrong. and What were you thinking back there with the Merc?"

"Well i havent faced the Merc before and so i had to fall back on my trainning and my trainning told me that a Military group cant operate with their commander captured." Kabora replied

"Well i guess your right, but you forgot one thing. Merc isnt really a military outfit"

"Well yeah i know that now, But hey it got most of them distracted long enough to get everyone out didnt it?" Kabora said. Fugg just shook his head.

"Where is Mason?" Fugg then said

"Dont know we should go look for him and the King." Cambei answered

"Not to mention Rapture is missing. No one has seen here since we got to paradise" Kabora said. Everyone looked down and looked as if they were trying to remember the last time the saw her.

"Well I'll stay and watch Fen and Raven, while you guys head to find Mason. If you get into trouble just yell." Cambei and Fugg nodded and took off. Kabora walked over to Fen and Raven to see if everything was alright.

"Hey Fen, you alright." Kabora said as he knelt down beside her.

"I've been better. What happen. and are the Mercs gone?" she said as she tried to sit up

"It ok, just rest, your safe now. The Merc are fighting someone else at the moment. and i have no clue was going on. Fugg and Cambei went to find Mason and the King."

"Ok" Fen said as she laid back down. Kabora then walked over to Raven and knelt down and started to examine her to see if anything was serious. It appeared that everything was fine and she just got knocked out. He then stood up and looked on the the Naval battle that was taking place.

"What the hell is going on" Kabora said softly to himself

Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
  4. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Through the pitch blackness Raven could begin to hear the sounds of people talking. Although it was dificult for her to open her eyes automaticly she continued to lay there untill she heard the voices drop from many to only two. Cracking her eyes open slightly she could see a blury figure standing with its back to her. Not knowing where she was Raven thought that she had been taken captive by someone and began to slowly reach for one of her knives in order to take them out and escape.

Opening her eyes Fen sees Raven getting up from the ground "Raven whats wrong?" she asked in a soft weekend voice. Before she could even tell what was going on she suddenly cought a glimps of steal right as Raven leaped for Kabora "Kabora...Watch out!" Fen yelled quickly

Turning around quickly Kabora was just intime to catch Raven in mid air, knocking the dager out of her hand and bring her safly back down to the ground, "Raven...Its me Kabora! whats going on?" he spoke up still wondering on how she was able to move so silently. It was only when he looked into her vacent eyes that he knew somthing was not right "Raven snap out of it!" he replied in a firm voice.

Her eyes drifted shut for a second and then snaped back open, "Where am I?" she asked in a week and shaky voice. Just then a frightened look came over her " Where's Fen?

"Your both safe! You were knocked uncountious from the blast!" he began to inform her.

"Um Kabora... I don't think you need to hold her down anymore!" Fen's inocent voice replied suddenly reminding him that he was still holding Raven down on the ground.

5. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    “Well, well,well what do we have here?” A short man no more then five foot two, with a balding head peered out the hatch towards Mason. He held in his hand what looked like a six shot leaver action Winchester, pointed directly at Masons Chest. He had an eagle like nose toped by a well used pair of wire rimed glasses, with a small crack spreading across one precious lens.
    The villager with the rusty sword moved from the entrance, allowing the shorter man to exit.

“It is good to see you to Doc,” Spoke Mason as he walked slowly towards the armored vehicle. Behind Mason, the king shadowed him until they stood before the armed man.

“Well I’ll be, If it ant the Fabled Gun runner.” He dropped the Winchester’s barrel until it pointed at the sand. “It was hard to tell it was you, with all that gore on your face.” Doc crinkled his nose in disgust.

“How did you know we were here?” asked Mason.

“To be honest we didn’t, if it weren’t for this rag tag villager here swinging his arm like a mad bird, I dare say we would have rolled right on by.” Doc now cradled his riffle in his arms like a new born.

“Well ether way it’s good to see you, Doc,” Mason moved over and thanked the villager for his help as well.

“Well, I sure as hell didn’t expect to see you, but from the look of things. it would look like something you would be mix in the middle of. Always got to play the hero don’t you Mr. Cole,” Doc made it sound as more of a fact then a question.

Mason laughed lightly, “Never, trouble always seams to find me.”

The king tapped Mason on the shoulder and pointed towards the beachhead. Mason could see stragglers running about like chicken with there head cut off. Some thing clicked in his mind, “Doc.. Can you get us to the beach?”

“Hop In,” said Doc, “but wash some of that off, I wouldn’t want you to be scaring Mabel.”

“Thanks,’ said Mason. He reached for his water container and splashed it over his face. After he scrubbed as best he could they climbed into the armored vehicle. Mason Spoke wile he got himself settled beside an open hatch, “So how is Mabel? I haven’t had some of her good cooking in years.”

“Ask her you’re self,” Answered Doc as he got him settled behind the driving wheel. The vehicle was a converted five tone straight truck; it had enough room for a good dozen people, with all they gear. In the back it had been divided into a galley and sleeping Quarters. It was a tight fit with all the extra parts but with out the need to stop often it had its advantages.

Wires hung down around his head and lights flickers off and on. As Mason’s eyes adjusted to the light he could see two more inside. One was, Mason could tell only a young teen manning an M-60 on his right. It was moving left and right looking for another target. Another was a woman about the same age looking at a video screen. Her head never moved towards them and kept scanning as the two new gests sat down. Behind a steel rung ladder Mabel appeared. She walked into the low glowing light, limping on her bad foot. One leg was shorter then the other but she managed, with a built up boot. Mason knew she was only a product of a bad child hood with more violence then love. Her leg was broken so many times by her abusive father that it never grew right other then that, she was Doc’s cook and wife. But one thing Mason always looked forward to is that she always had a pleasant smile for him.

“I see you are causing trouble again,” Spoke Mabel. Mason always felt like a kid with his hand caught in a cookie jar when he spoke to the old women.

“Always,” Mason gave her a Hug.

“When are you ever going to find your self a good woman and settle down, you know the feds have been asking you to join for years now? It must get lonely traveling, these dangerous land by your self.” Mabel ruffled Mason hair with motherly love.

Mason could only smile at her. He knew About the Fed’s offers but he never had the hart to join the free traders. He wanted to be his own man and if he died in the process then at lest it would be on his own terms, no one else’s.

The truck lurched forwards as Doc placed his foot on the gas. The truck rattled as if it would come apart at the seams. Mabel as if use to the sudden motion left Mason to his thoughts. And carefully she walked back to the galley, holding onto hand hold welded to the vehicles structure. Mason thought she might have been preparing there meal when they were flagged down and he knew even a battle wouldn’t stop the hard old women from continuing her daily chores as if nothing was happening.

Mason looked out the port hatch watching Raiders fleeing in haphazard directions. Some were now even running along the side of the Truck so close that mason could have reached out and slapped them.

Mason reached for something on his chest and opened the hatch quickly. He looked out to a Raider who had been pumping his legs along side the truck.

“Here…Catch,” Mason chucked a small steel pineapple towards the raider. The distinguishable springing sound of the plunger flying away could be herd even by Mason’s ears in the moving Vehicle.

The raider as if on cue stopped dead in his tracks and caught the shrapnel grenade like it was a falling egg. Mason ducked back inside so he didn’t see the dumbfounded look on the Pirates face as the Grenade exploded, removing his Hands, Face and shredding his upper body into a bloody pulp.

The explosion was quickly left behind and so was Masons thought on the matter. He looked ahead and noticed the beach with it braking waves appear in the diamond holed plate metal covering the front window. The Vehicle lurched to a sudden stop and the teen to Mason right let open with full auto fire cutting long boats apart that were fleeing the beach.

Mason moved himself from his seat and unbolted the side door. He stepped out with his Colt leveled but he found no more Raiders in the area only his Companions pulling themselves from the water.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  6. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Night had come and camp was being set up. Fen, still sore and tired beyond words, has been carried with Raven to the site. Raven now lay beside her, and Fen managed to prop herself against a tree. The rest were sitting around the fire as well, discussing the battle and Mason introducing the people who had (apparently) saved everyone’s life.

Although sleep was the only thing Fen’s horribly bruised body wanted, her mind refused to slip into the shadow of dreams. There was still too much to think about… The weird dreams came back... if it was still a warning system for trouble, it was horribly late… The things she saw in reality and sleep… The thing she did….

Fen’s scattered thoughts as she heard Raven rustle from her sleep. Fen opened her eyes to her sister, slowly getting up in a stealthy manner as if she didn’t want to be heard from Kabora and the others talking… Then Fen saw the knife…. "Kabora...Watch out!" Fen shouted as Raven lunged. Luckily, the warning was enough as Kabora quickly turned the tables and pin Raven down to the ground. After some yelling and a lot of reassuring, Kabora was able to get Raven back to her senses…. Why did Raven do that?? It’s not like she was tied up or anything…. And, why were they now just laying like that while Kabora updates her?!? "Um Kabora... I don't think you need to hold her down anymore…" Fen finally said….. Obviously, it was the wrong thing to say, because the second the words came from Fen’s lips, both of them went bright red in the face. After a tiny pause with them staring each other dumbstruck, Raven started to scream…

“Get OFF me you (~censored~)!!!!!” Raven shouted and followed up swiftly with a knee to the poor elf’s groin. Kabora rolled off in a silent scream, his hands cupping the damaged goods. Raven got up after that and stormed of; looking half-angry, and half-sad enough that she could cry…. Fen had remembered people looking like that… One sees a lot of sad things happen on the street…. Especially to pretty girls and women…

“What was That all about?” Kabora groaned as he started to recover, and sat up.

Fen struggled to speak, as she was still dog-tired. “I… I think she was hit with the beauty’s curse.”

“The what?”

“You know… When people are pretty, they attract people… Sometimes a mean person will be attracted and they would give the pretty one the Beauty’s curse… Some ladies got the curse today, remember?” Fen said, as if this ‘curse’ was as common as a cold.

Kabora looked at Fen for a moment; she could tell he had a lot of questions going through his head. Then finally spoke up. “You… you see a lot don’t you kid?” Fen smiled tiredly and nodded. “Have… have you ever got hit by this… ‘curse’?”

Fen gave a bit of a giggle. “Nah. Some think I’m cute, but I usually end up running away fully clothed with their pants and wallets.” Fen said with a smirk. Kabora smiled with a nod and then ran after Raven.

Fen waited for a second, still thinking of what happened that day… She was so used to dealing with problems by herself… but she really wanted to talk to someone who knew a lot about it… a lot about killing….

“Fugg?” Fen asked as she crawled over to where the giant-in-shades was lying against a fallen log, feet warming on the fire. “Are you asleep?”

“I was trying to.” Fugg answered. Ugh.. it was so hard to tell what he was thinking… specially with his glasses. “What’s on your mind kid?” Fugg asked in a neutral voice.

Fen, very tired from just the crawl, leaned against the log with Fugg. “I… I killed someone today… with my powers…”

“I saw that.” Answered Fugg. “You said it wasn’t the first time that you done someone in, in that fashion.”

“Yeah… but it’s the first time I… I purposely killed him… it wasn’t an accident… I wanted him to die… Fugg… when is it right to kill someone?”

There was a pause. “You know stealing is wrong… right?” Fugg finally said. Fen nodded slowly in agreement. “But, your one of the best thieves I know… why did you steal?”

Fen thought about it for a second: “Well, I needed to… If I didn’t I would die.”

“Self survival; one of the largest reasons one should kill… If your life is at stake Fen, don’t think twice… Is there another reason why you would steal?”

Fen thought again. “Well…. sometimes, I stole to help others… like when we were in Daitly. You guys needed money… I helped.”

“To aid and protect others; another good reason to take a life. And, if you’re lucky, that’s all the reasons you should have…”

“But... that Merc…. I didn’t kill him because he was hurting me.. he killed Blue… I… I couldn’t stand it any longer.”

“Hm… sometimes revenge is a bit grey… but don’t worry kid… that Merc would have just kept on killing if you didn’t stop him. You did good.”

Fen smiled tiredly and shifted over so that she was leaning against someone who was becoming like family to her… maybe an uncle, or a dad… Which was sort of odd. Because Mason, who was sitting right across the fire from them, seemed a bit like a dad as well… or maybe more like a mom…. In either case, Fen felt a lot better… maybe good enough to sleep now… She only had one more question… “Fugg?”

“Hm?” Fugg said as an answer

“Did you ever kill someone for something other then protecting, and survival?” Fen asked… Fugg said he had a lot of jobs… the reason for wearing his shades was because he was a sniper… Mercs were snipers… was it possible to be a good one? In either case, Fen really wanted to know.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  7. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Night had fallen over the valley, yet the glow within was a defiance to any night or darkness. Travelers who had been unfortunate enough to come across it thought it possessed by demons. Travelers fortunate enough to live to tell the story never returned. It was called Death Valley for that reason, and it was almost a death sentence to get within ten miles of it. Local legend decreed that it had once been the sight of a benevolent race of people who gave help to those who were suffering. Rustic people in surrounding villages still spoke of their miraculous healings, protection, and care, for according to them it had not been that long ago. The old among them claimed to have witnessed these things. But then they spoke of evil spirits that had taken hold of the valley, killed the blessed people, and now harnessed their power for evil.

But neither demon nor spirit controlled the passes of the valley. This was simply the Headquarters of Merc, and the location of their mysterious laboratories. Few had ever seen what went on within the valley of unnatural lights. Though they were not caused by demons as most people thought, they were as supernatural as the sun. Because of course it was technology that made Merc great, technology that they had paid dearly for and shared with none. But they delighted in the superstitions of the backward civilization that prevailed in the surrounding towns and villages. Any educated traveler would care less about a valley that locals claimed to be inhabited by devils and witches and ghosts, writing it off as pure fancy.

However, Merc leadership was in no good humor tonight. Top Merc officers were deep in a meeting that had lasted for hours. Those outside of the board room could occasionally hear loud murmurings and muffled shouts of anger through the well insulated doors.

“Twice it has failed! TWICE!!! There is no excuse for this level of incompetence.” The man shouting was obviously important by his position at the center of the U shaped table. He was in his late fifties, his hair mostly gray. He was a large man with a build of a line backer, many remarked that he must have truly been formidable in his youth. Still, age had not softened him or his temperament, he was as ruthless as he was cold and calculating.

“I share the outrage of the president”, said a rotund middle aged figure, “but it has happened…we can’t change that…what are we going to do about it? The facts are these: A) No member of Merc is to ever commit betrayal and stay at large for over a year. That has always been our policy since the beginning. B) Here we have two defectors that have been a blemish on that record. C) Beyond all fortune we have found that they have both landed themselves in a small group that is wandering around in the wilderness…” The new speaker was interrupted.

“Chairman we’ve been over this!” shouted a man from one end of the table. “The pirate cooperation was a terrible idea, the board should have known about it before hand…”

“The board would have known about it if it hadn’t been so preoccupied with fulfilling several monstrous contracts!” The head of the defection department shouted.

The chairman spoke again, his face red with fury, “Those contracts are the life blood of this company! It is not the position of the board to discuss a retaliation mission! That’s your department Lazlo!” He glared accusingly at the department head.

“Gentlemen, gentlemen we are loosing ourselves here” the president spoke up again. “We have lost two 3 attack units in the course of two attacks. Are we going to leave them to meet their own doom or are we going to kill them? And we have another issue on our hands. Simon?” The president motioned to a man in his thirties, giving him his cue to speak.

“Gentlemen we have another complication. Those of you who have been on the board for a number of years will remember subject F29…” The room was stilled, everyone stared at the man. “I’m sure you will remember when F29 single handedly destroyed an entire ward of the research lab around 5 years ago, and then escaped. As you know we’ve been tracking it since, so far our efforts have been fruitless, the subject seems to be very adaptable. We had discovered its location over two weeks ago in a town called Hell’s Kitchen. It has been traveling with them since. Among this group is a gun runner, monk, a convict from North Fort, an elf, and two ex-Mercs” He allowed the gravity of this to set in.

The chair spoke up “You mean to say that three objectives are traveling in the same group?”

“Yes and what is more we know that they are being followed by Agents of the Drake. They surprised us and foiled the first assault team’s attack plan in Daitly. We do not have any notion of what they want from them but they are not attacking, nor do they want us to attack for some reason.”

“Do you think the Drake is after the same objective we are?” asked the Chairman.

“I do not know what he wants from them but I do not think he knows that F29 is traveling with them. Nor do I think he would care much about two ex-Mercs.”

The president was smiling to himself, pleased that he had used this knowledge to knock everyone off balance. “I think it is time that we made another deal with our consultant. I move that we send an emissary to ask what he wants or at least propose some mutual “profit” from this affair…”

8. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    No sooner than Fen had spoken, Raven just looked at Kabora. She wasn't sure of what had gone on or of even the position he was in as he pinned her to the ground. Her hands were placed on each side of her head as he held her wrists firmly while the rest of him held her still with his weight. An awkward moment passed between them when the were comming to realize what Fen said was true, Raven didn't know what Kabora was thinking but she thought she saw the glint of a smrek begin to grow on his lips and for the second time that day she flet the pain of her past comming back with a vengance.

“Get OFF me you (~censored~)!!!!!” she screamed. With her hands still pined down the only thing she could think of on how to defend herself was to hit him where it would hurt the most, she kneed him in the groin. and when Kabora roled off of her she scrambled to her feet and took of on a dead run.

Raven didn't know where she was going or what couldn lie a head of her as tears began to blure her vision. Tirpping on a peace of drift wood, she landed hard onto the sand and just currled up into a ball as her memories came back to her.

"Here are your orders" a voice came from behind a shadow incased desk, "I have chosen you because with your young looks they will except you into the house hold with out question. Once inside you are to slip silently into each of the two childrens bedrooms and make it quick and silent! When the brats are taken care of, you are to go into the master bedroom and kill the wife in the same manner as the children. Do Not tuch the husbend! I want to make that perfictly clear! Do you understand your orders Raven?" he asked.

Lifting up a file that was slid towards her, "Yes Sir! may I enquire as to why I am to kill the family but leave him alive?" Raven asked as she fliped through the severial pages of pictures containing the family and the of their home.

The sound of a large fist slamming onto the desk cought her attenion," Your job is to fallow orders NOT question them! Do I make myself clear!" the voice spoke loudly.

"Crystal Sir! When do I leave?" Raven asked quickly.

By this time her memories had begun to toss and turn violently

It was well after dark and Ravens plan of playing a pore lost girl who hadnt had anything to eat for days worked all to well. It turns out that the family that she was to kill was that of a Barron of Paradice. From what she could gather from the whispers around his house hold he had some kind of a dissagreement with the Merc's not that long ago and was afraide that they would come after him.

Walking along the long dark hallway Raven came to the closed door of the childrens bedroom. Opening up the doorway as silently as posible she tip toed her way inside. There she saw two young boys laying in there own beds that stood along side of each other with only a small pathway in between the beds. Pulling a hidden dagger out of her sleave, she walked over to the older of the two boys. Looking down at the small child, Raven could help but to see how peacefull he looked as he slept "Why? What have these children done to deserve this fate?" she asked herself. Turning her head she looked over to the younger boy as tears formed in her eyes for the first time " I can't do this! Not anymore. I will not take the lives of these inocent young children " she whispered angerly.

Storming out of the bedroom, Raven ran down the hallway and made her way out of the large house. She was done killing people that have not harmed a single sole in there lives. She hadn't gotten far when four men she knew to be Merc's began chasing her

Snapping her eyes open Raven sat up quickly in the sand and clutched her knees tightly into her chest. She could still feel hot tears runing freely from her eyes as she was unable to stop them. Her entire body felt as if it was crawling with the haunting memories of what was done to her and screamed for her to scrub herself clean if them.

"Raven" a male voice spoke just barly above a whisper. Whipping her eyes with the back of her coat sleave she looked up and saw a man slowly towards her.

"Don't come any closer" Raven called out as she began moving herself away from him "stay away from me".

Kabora's eye went wide when he saw her cowering away from him with a horrified look writen all over her face, "I'm not going to hurt you! I just wanted to see if you were alright and to apologies for scaring you like that" he explained stoping in his tracks.

It took Raven to see Kabora, for out of schear fear of her memories all she could see was one oh the men who attacked her, "Ka..Kabora...is that you?" sheasked timidly.

Kabora smiled "None other!" he replied with a confident grin plastered across his face. But it soon faded when he saw that she still looked scared out of her mind "Raven, Something bad happened to you didn't it?" he asked softly. Raven could only nod her head yes "Oh man, she was right!" he muttered under his breath as he shook his head. Putting everything together in his head, the look she gave him when they were flying on the dragons to the the painful blow she had just given him "You were raped wern't you!" he satted "Look, Im not going to hurt you Raven! You'll just have to trust me on this, I would never do anything a vile as that to any woman" he explained moving closer towards her.

Even though her heart was still pounding with in her chest she alwoed For Kabora to walk over and sit down, tenderly, beside her. A moment of silance passed between them once again, " For twelve years I knew something had happened to me when I ran away...I just couldn't rember what it was" she spoke softly. Raven began to lower her head back onto her knees but the feel of a gentle hand being placed onto her sholder caused her to stop and look over at him.

Kabora sat there next to her not knowing what to do, the only thing he knew was how to fight... he had no knowlage of how to deal with situations such as these. He watched the young woman sitting next to him carfully, surching for any hint of an idea of what he could do to help her deal with the pain she must be feeling. So he placed his hand gentaly upon her sholder hoping that it was help her in anyway but much to his supprise it worked for Raven reached up and placed her slender hand ontop of his. He smiled and nodded "How about we get back to the others, they'll be wondering what is taking us so long" he replied with a chuckle.

Kabora stod up and out streched his hand for Raven, "I'm sorry for..ah kneeing you back there!" she said as she placed her hand into his.

"Don't worry about it" he replied a shrug "Just if anything scares you like that again, just let me know before you go kneeing me again" he joked causing Raven to blush.

Walking back to where Fen and Fug were resting, Kabora told Raven to lay down and get some rest and that he'll stay close by. Laying down near Fen, Raven took one last look at Kabora and smiled softly at him before closing her eyes to get some much needed rest.

9. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    The flames flicked sending small sparks drifting up slowly. The soft yellow light of there small camp fire made eerie shadows dance across the small clearing the Rouges had chosen for there camp just inside the great forest. Mason sat quietly talking with Doc about old memories and lost friends as he tended his wounds from the day’s battle. Doc told him that he was going to make an early start in the morning so he could catch the convoy that he was helping escort. Mason thanked him and then Doc went to catch some much need sleep but before he went he gave Mabel a light kiss as she was tending a small pot of stew hanging over the small fire. Mason could overhear the kind old lady ashore him that she would be along shortly, then Doc moved away into the dark night were he had parked his truck.

The young king moved closer to Mason along a fallen log that was being used as a not so comfortable bench. “I need to speak with you,” Said Eric softly. Mason Never said any thing so the king took that as a sign to continue. “I would wish that you and your companions would stay with the kingdom for a time. We are in need of people with your skills.”

Mason looked at the king, “you have warriors.”

“True,” said the king, “but, they need leadership of experienced war lords. They can fight and are willing to die at my command but they lack gorilla style fighting. As you can tell today we are hard pressed. This was only one battle but I fear not the last.” The king looked into the fire as if lost in his own thoughts.

“That comes with the job of leader ship,” answered Mason.

“What’s that?”

“Fear, fear for your people, fear of the unknown. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. But all I know is that my road leads in another direction.” Mason removed his dirk and started to sharpen the hard steel by the fire light. The sound of stone scraping medal cut the quiet. Mason placed another block of dry wood on the fire. Wood snapped and cracked as flames ate the dry wood eagerly.

“I understand,” said the king, “But, still I wish to thank you all for helping my people today. Perhaps some day when the road becomes to long you might find your way back. We would welcome you all with open arms and perhaps you might even think about my offer then.”

“Who know what the future hold for any of us,” Mason slid his knife back in place.

“The offer still stands if you ever return.” Then the king stood, “I wish we have had meet in better days. I am sure you would come to love this land as much as I have.”

“I am sure I would,” Mason couldn’t help but feel a little tempted by the offer but he knew that he had to find his father first. The king only nodded and didn’t say another word. He disappeared into the darkness to find his bed roll. Mason sat by the fire watching every one settle them selves in for the night. He could see Raven talking quietly with Kabora and Fen sleeping contently beside Fugg.

Mason removed him self from the log and moved towards the camps edge. They sent the surviving dragons away earlier with a note from the king asking for the remainder of the groups possessions along with there stabled meirs. Lucky for the group there was a serviceable truck that had made the delivery of there mounts quickly, arriving just before dark. Only one dragon remained and that was for the king to return in the morning.

Mason removed his back from his mount and looked inside. Under a well used shirt he spotted what he was looking for. He removed the package and quickly closed his pack, returning it to the saddle. He moved into the fire light and quietly made his way around the fire to a sleeping Fen. He crouched down and placed the package under her arm. She stirred in her sleep opening her eyes slightly. “The first part of you training from me,” He said softly. she rubbed the sleep from her eyes to say some thing but Mason was already gone.

Mason moved back to his place by the fire and thanked Mabel who had just handed him some steaming stew along with a few small biscuits. She kissed him on the cheek and told him she was heading for bed. Mason thanked her again and watched her limp away towards the now sleeping Doc.

Well, thought Mason, time for my turn at watch. So he headed into the wood to find Cambei with the bowl of hot stew. He found him keeping close watch but he knew that Cambei could tell that he approached. “Hungry,” Asked Mason. Cambei nodded and thanked him for the simple meal. “Any thing stirring?” asked Mason.

“Nothing,” said cambia, “But I do feel something, like being watched. Can you feel it?” asked Cambei. Mason had dropped his hand on his side arm thinking something was about to jump out at them at any moment, “Do you think something is out there?” asked Mason quietly. “Yes, but it is not that that concerns me,” said Cambei.

“Then what?” asked Mason.

“It’s the forest it’s self, It is very old and I can feel the power of it surrounding me,” Cambei closed his eye for a moment as if feeling some thing unattainable. Mason relaxed his hand but his eyes still moved around the dark woods.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  10. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Earlier...

The strangely familiar sense of proximity had returned, stronger than ever. Merc, thought Rapture, half-smiling. She refused to let herself begin another potentially dangerous bout of brooding reminiscence, quickly getting up and leaving the room spotless, as she had found it.

The group was preparing to move off that evening, meanwhile getting in some “R&R” among other things, as per Mason’s suggestions. Rapture withheld comment, though her instincts told her things would not be going according to plan by the day’s end.

With Garrison’s warnings still fresh in her mind, her thoughts turned to learning more about her companions in hope of learning something she could use to her advantage. Making sure that at least one of her companions saw her leave the inn that morning, she doubled back to keep an eye on Raven. Almost by accident she nearly walked into a pair of nondescript men, wearing some generic-looking gear that would not draw undue attention.

Familiar alarm bells rang and she scanned the vicinity for anyone else with a similar psionic emanation patterns. Refining her search as she tailed the two men a short while, she quickly marked over a dozen men from Merc, and with a cold realisation she knew they were converging on the inn.

By the time chaos had erupted at the inn, Rapture had seen enough. She had been impressed with Kabora’s ability to block bullets with his sword as they were fired towards the three. She had considered helping at one stage, but decided they would either survive or they wouldn’t, and she’d rather not announce to the world her abilities, especially if there were watchful eyes out there aside from her own.

Concentrating on Fen a moment, Rapture picked her way towards where she hoped to find the girl, soon realising that the psychic image was becoming harder to trace – she was on the move and faster than on foot, though stopping irregularly every now and then. Rapture finalised a few things before she, too, made her way to the temple.

Rapture took her mount, named “Razor” by Fen, without comment, as well as securing a relic or two while Fugg and Fen were splitting them up.

Everyone was so busy with their own problems, they didn’t seem to notice Rapture’s increasing anti-social behaviour in the group. She was keeping her own council most of the time, exchanging words with Kat, Fen and Raven more than the others. Fen had tried asking Rapture to teach her something at one stage during their ride to Paradise, but Rapture had shrewdly talked her way out of having to do any such thing.

It had been interesting to hear Fen, Raven and Cambei’s stories. Rapture was disappointed that the tale-telling never finished, but was also relieved that she wouldn’t have to speak either. Kabora’s quiet during the trip also piqued her curiosity somewhat, but also helped hide the fact that she was being so quiet. She sighed inwardly many times as she pondered her best course of action.

Not long after arriving, Rapture secreted herself away from the others while everyone was relaxing before the evening meal. Manipulating the small communication device she had picked up from Garrison’s, she sent a message: she was prepared to make a deal.

Rapture did not react when they discussed the presence of Agents. At least not outwardly. She knew she would have to find out what they were doing, and how it affected her plans. Things certainly needed to be happening, and soon.

More recently...

Rapture was silently fascinated as they met their dragon mounts, more at the relic technologies used and the interactions between mount and her companions than the dragons themselves. She smiled slightly when Fen chuckled at Raven, and knew what Fen obviously suspected – that Raven’s interest in Kabora was more than gratitude based on his saving her life. At the last minute, Rapture decided not to go, mumbling that she wasn’t comfortable with heights, which wasn’t true, but was the best she could think of. Who would question her? It was hardly uncommon. They bought it, those that actually heard her, and were soon out of sight on their dragon mounts. As she returned to her quarters, she wondered if her anonymous tip-off to her former colleagues would actually make a difference, all things considered.

She settled in to wait – she had many things coming and knew it – resting in a meditation-like state. She left herself just enough awareness of the physical world around her to be safe from any surprise visitors.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  11. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Fugg had recovered from his “mission” when Fen spoke:

“Fugg?” She asked

“Hm?” He said in his natural speech reluctance.

“You know my birthday in a couple of weeks, right?” She asked again.

“Hm”-said Fugg, trying to guess what the little girl was really thinking.

Soon after, Kabora arrived and asked: "Is everyone ok?"

"Fen is a little banged up and Raven got knocked out by the blast but they both appear to have nothing seriously wrong. And what were you thinking back there with the Merc?" Inquired the giant.

"Well I haven’t faced the Merc before and so I had to fall back on my training and my training told me that a Military group can’t operate with their commander captured." The elf replied.

"Well I guess your right, but you forgot one thing. Merc isn’t really a military outfit" Said Fugg.

"Well yeah I know that now, but hey it got most of them distracted long enough to get everyone out didn’t it?" Said Kabora, Fugg shook his head in disapproval; he had seen many young men getting killed because of reckless behaviour.

Soon after Fugg exchanged a few words with Cambei and was about to go get Mason, Fen shouted: “Kabora watch out!!!” Raven had woke up but she seemed to be out of her mind, she dashed towards Kabora, but he turned around in time to grab and disarm her, soon it was all calm again.

After a short talk with Raven, Fen asked Fugg, who was getting some sleep, more questions:

“Fugg?” “ Are you asleep?” She asked.

Fugg would normally say something like “No, I’m snoring dead.” But he couldn’t talk to the little girl like this so he only said:

“I was trying to.” “What’s in your mind, kid?” He asked her after a moment.

“I… I killed someone today… with my powers…” She said in all her tiredness.

“I saw that.” Said the giant. “You said it wasn’t the first time that you done someone in, in that fashion.”

“Yeah… but it’s the first time I… I purposely killed him… it wasn’t an accident… I wanted him to die… Fugg… when is it right to kill someone?” She shyly said.

Then after considering how to explain this crude affairs to a 10-year-old girl he said:

“Self survival; one of the largest reasons one should kill… If your life is at stake Fen, don’t think twice… Is there another reason why you would steal?”

After a moment of thought Fen spoke again:

Well…. sometimes, I stole to help others… like when we were in Daitly. You guys needed money… I helped.”

To aid and protect others: another good reason to take a life. And, if you’re lucky, that’s all the reasons you should have…” Fugg noted.

“But... that Merc…. I didn’t kill him because he was hurting me.. he killed Blue… I… I couldn’t stand it any longer.” Said Fen

“Hm… sometimes revenge is a bit grey… but don’t worry kid… that Merc would have just kept on killing if you didn’t stop him. You did good.” Fugg added.

Fugg could then see Fen cheering up a bit and a few moments later asked again: “Fugg?”

“Hm” He answered again

“Did you ever kill someone for something other then protecting, and survival?” Fugg could tell this was a question about his past.

“A war can change many things, how we live, how we act and how we think, a soldier’s job is killing others, and he must do it without hatred or it would be murder, without regret or he would go mad eventually, but a soldier is also disposed to lose his life in any moment; it’s like signing a contract.”

Fugg could see Fen listening carefully to what he said. And then hetried to get some more sleep as the night advanced.

12. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    The forest held an eerie feel, trees stood like great black standing monoliths reaching up into the night sky. Night mist shrouded the ground and started to gather into light drops of dew. As the tear size drops gathered into each other they started to fall from leaf to leaf sending a hypnotizing plucking sound throughout the great forest.

Mason pulled his long coat around himself tighter to fight off a slight chill, he tilted his head back so he could look up through the great black canopy. Stars shimmered and twinkled in the night sky and Mason watched as shooting stars streaked across between tree tops out of view. He looked down and placed his hand in his pocked feeling a small lump.

Mason opened his hand close to his face and looked at the small black stone tethered on the raw hide cord; it felt slightly warm in his hand. He removed his other hand from his coat and opened the cord between both hands and allowed the stone to dangle before his eyes.

He moved his head forward and down so that he could place the stone around his neck.

As the stone touched his skin at the base of his neck, Mason felt over powered with sleep, as if he taken some kind of sleeping potion. Before he knew it he had fallen to his knees and struggled for his breath. His legs became unbelievable week and his eyes felt like they were the heaviest thing he had every tried to keep open. He fell forward and slumped into darkness on the soft moss covered ground.

Images of buildings and unrecognizable people began to assault his senses, he could fell things happening to him but not happening to him, as if he was some one else in another time. Colors and smells were richly alive and he could even feel the wind on his skin.

He watched through another person eyes and he started to forget himself in this other person and feel what she felt. It was most definitely a she he could see her hands through his eyes and her blue, richly embroidered dress flowing around her moving legs. Then the image faded and materialized through a clearing fog. He was still with the same person but now he was inside of a vast building.

Mason couldn’t understand what he was watching but there was nothing he could do. He felt like his mind was falling apart. And then terror overwhelmed him, but the terror was not his it was coming from the mind of women that he was being forced to follow. She stood before an alter surrounded by shrouded figures pleading for some thing that Mason couldn’t hear clearly. He felt she had mixed felling of fear and anger all mixed into one. Before her on the alter was the dark stone pendent that Mason recognized at once.

One of the shadow figures reached out a skeleton like hand and pointed at the alter. She moved with staggering feet and Mason could feel the tears dripping down her face as she walked towards what he felt was there appending doom. She reached out a trembling hand and picked up the dark stone.

Below the alter was a small bowl of water. She looked with her head hung down at her own reflection and placed the dark stone around her neck. Mason thought the face looked similar to some one he had scene in a past life of the women’s or his own but he couldn’t place the face.

Tears from her face dripped off her quivering cheeks and fell slowly towards the water surface, as it shattered the still water Mason felt something pulling at him. He watched through the crying women’s eyes and she whispered a single word. But he felt the word was directed to his as if it was a prayer of lost hope.

The word echoed and followed him back to his own mind as the images faded. He was being pulled by something far greater then him and he felt like he was drowning in a river, fighting for his life and very soul. Mason knew that if he didn’t fight with every once of strength that he was going to be swept away with the fast moving current. He struggled and cried out in desperation as he fought but the echo still followed him.

Mason woke on his back looking up at the star filled sky. His lips moved slowly and repeated the women’s echo, it sounded as a wisper.

“Jadeeee.”

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  13. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    “Fen! Fen! Wake up silly.”

“Mommy???” The child blinked in the bright sunlight.

“Mommy??? Hehehe you’re sleepy.”

Fen was suddenly made very awake as the cold water splashed on her. She sat up, whatever jokester had done that was going to be sorry. However, no one was there…
    Then Fen realized that she had no idea where she was. The morning sun was shining brightly, too brightly. The early morning green beginning to replaced with blue. Then it hit her. The bright colors…the feeling of life…the pretty sky…it was her dream world again.

She was in a shallow valley in a mountainous place. She was sitting on the banks of a large stream. She was amazed at the way the water seemed to sparkle and dance and… she thought she could even hear it sing as it flowed over small cataracts further upstream. She had never seen water like this before, it was as if it was about to burst with merriment, it felt alive and excited. As many times as she had seen this world, it had always amazed her.

“All awake now??” The familiar voice said.

“Where are you?” She was getting confused now. The voice seemed to be coming from the stream but no one was in it.

“Silly, I’m right in front of you.” Then it laughed and the sound of the laughter carried away all of Fen’s concerns with it. “Come on or we’ll be late!”

“Why can’t I see you?”

“I’m in the water silly. Now come come.” The voice seemed to embody an innate feeling of trust.

Fen walked over to the edge of the stream. “I don’t see you in the water…Are you a fishy?”

“Hahahahahaha” the laughter was infectious and Fen found herself laughing too.

She stuck her toes in the water and quickly pulled them out. The onset of feelings nearly overwhelmed her. Images of things she had never seen or imagined flowed through her mind. Voices…singing voices with a sweet melody that seemed to warm and break the heart at the same time. It was all too much. She touched the surface with her finger, again the flood of feelings, visions, songs poured in. She quickly pulled her finger out.

“What’s the matter?”

“It’s…it’s alive! The water is alive!” Fen had no way of saying what she had felt.

“Ahhh, I see. Yes it’s alive, of course it is. This is no ordinary stream or an ordinary place, only very special people can even see it. This is the stream that sustains everything in the world (the entity was choosing its words carefully so as not overwhelm the child). It brings life and connects all things together. It flows through all people even you.”

“What? Nuh uhh”, said Fen shaking her head.

“Oh child its very hard to explain, but you will know more about it in time. For now simply understand that you aren’t looking at it as it really is. How you approach it determines what you see when you get to it. Those who come here from the forest often see it in this way.

“But now I’ve finally got my chance to talk to you, after all of these years. Now come step into the stream, time is short.”

“Uhhh…ok. I still don’t understand what you are talking about, but you seem like a pretty nice person.” The voice laughed another friendly laugh and Fen stepped into the stream. Again all of her senses were overwhelmed. She fell down and the water covered her head. It hadn’t looked that deep. Now that she was in the stream it looked more like an ocean with crashing waves. Her mind was bombarded from every direction, every pore tingled with new feeling. Just as she thought she would drown a firm hand pulled her up and Fen found herself on the banks of the stream again. Oddly enough she wasn’t coughing and spitting up water, on the contrary she was hardly wet.

However she was in another valley, a deeper valley. It didn’t look like the first one, it looked more like the colors she remembered. They seemed old and dull now. However, the stream was still bright and alive vibrant. The images were clearing from her mind when she noticed this valley with a shock.

“I CAN’T BE HERE!!! I’VE GOT TO GO NOW!!!” She shouted and plunged head long into the stream.

“Wait!!” The voice called out but it was too late.

Again she was back in the ocean of thoughts and memories and feelings. She tried to swim this time but the current was pulling her under. It was taking her farther than she wanted to go. It was like she was being sucked out to sea. However, a firm hand pulled her out again and she was on the banks of the stream again.
    “Why did you do that child? There was no danger there.” The voice still seemed to radiate with trust.

“I…I can’t go back there. I wont go back there!” Tears were welling in her eyes. She looked up and saw that she was on the wall of a great dam. Looking out from the dam she could see the stream running at its feet. Looking to the other side of the dam she saw a vast lake. However the water was different, it did not flow easily and merrily like the stream. It sat within the lake, seething and churning angrily and its water was black. She thought she could hear it whispering, dark whisperings, words of hatred and revenge.

“You were not supposed to see this yet little one. You are not ready for it. I’m sorry but our time is up for now.” The voice trailed away.

Fen crawled closer to the edge of the dam, peering into the black reflectionless water that seemed to be in fitful restless motion. She felt a chill as she felt it looking at her. She thought she could see a face. A dark figure…glowing eye…ruined city…

Then SPLASH. Fen yelled and jumped right into the side of her furry meir. “What’s wrong Fen?”

Fen looked up as Rapture looked down at her with curiosity.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  14. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Sitting up from where she lay, Raven looked around and could not see any sign of the others. It looked as if no one becides her had even been there. Moving to her feet she began to slowly walk around the beach and then with out even realizing it she made her way to the tree line of the forest. There just inside of the trees stood a Wood Elf, "Man allen, mell nin? what is it my love?" Raven called out as she steped into the forest knowing who it was that was watching her.

Steping out from behind a tree, " Padatham let us walk... Boe min peded it is necessary for us to speak!" the Elf spoke up as he held out his arm for her to take.

Raven took hold of the elfs arm and walked with him "Gerin I veleth lin? Do I have your love?" she asked suddenly as she started to become woried about whst was happening.

The Elf stoped and gased at her, "Al NO" he spoke regretfully "Goheno anim forgive me" he said as he removed his arm from her grasp and began to walk away leaving Raven all alone in the woods.

"Mabedin, avo dhavonin eriol please, do not leave me alone" She cried out after the Elf but her words only feel upon deaf ears.

Raven was on the brink of despair when another fimlure Elf sudenly appered from out of nowhere "Le maer you well, Raven?" he asked

Turning around quickly "Adar! father" she cried running into his open arms "Diheno anim I'm sorry" she sobed burrying her face into his chest.

Gentaly placing his hands onto her sholders he held Raven out at arms leghth and tilted her face up slightly "Its alright my daughter! Its alright" he spoke in comon toung. With a warm and loving smile "Daro mae Remain well" he spoke softly kissing Raven gentaly onto her forhead.

Raven whiped her eyes and smiled "Hennaid Veneg, Ada Thank you, daddy " she whispered softly before she closed her eyes.

All of the sudden when she opened her eyes Raven couldn't beleave that she was back where she had fallen asleep and Kabora was still in the same spot. Siting up quickly she could see that everyone was where they had been with there belongings. Taking in a deep breath Raven pulled her knees up into her chest and began to wonder about if it was all a dream or if it was real

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  15. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Fen listened intently as Fugg explained the third reason to kill… A reason why he killed others as a sniper. “A war can change many things, how we live, how we act and how we think. A soldier’s job is killing others, and he must do it without hatred or it would be murder, without regret or he would go mad eventually, but a soldier is also disposed to lose his life in any moment; it’s like signing a contract.” Fen, with tiredness finally starting to take its toll on her tried to work out this logic…. When people fought each other in war, solders had to kill. It was their job. And that was ok, because they could die at any moment. But… Mercs counted themselves as solders, didn’t they?

And Fen…. “Then I’m a soldier too… The Mercs are soldiers at war with me… And they will come and… take me away… and that would be worse… then…” Fen, with no energy left, trailed off into sleep; wedged between Fugg, and a log. It’s true…For Fen; going back would be worse then death.

The river…The world of dreams… a good voice of kindness… the valley where she promised she would never go back…… and a Lake with a living darkness…

Fen woke up with a start, trying to swim out of the dark water but ending up with a hand full of dark-brown fur. It was Whiplash! (His fur was a darker brown now, and matched the brown-ness of the trees around them.) Oh, she was awake now… Someone must have carried her away from that uncomfortable log and brought her to Fen’s beloved pet/friend/pillow. Ras was back too. By the looks of it, the transport must have come when Fen was asleep and dropped everything, including Ras, off. “What’s wrong Fen?” Said Ras as she looked down at Fen with distant curiosity.

For a moment, Fen sat back and recalled all the details of her dream. Then, she looked up at Ras with a huge smile, bounded as if she was never exhausted at all, and wrapped her arms around Ras’s waist. “It was a bad dream again!” Fen said in giddy excitement. “But this time it seemed really good as well! I think it means something! I really think it does!!!” Fen said before jumping up all the way and shouting for the others. Usually, she wouldn’t blurt this all out to everyone, but hey, they all knew about the bad dreams…. And they stuck behind her through it. It would only be fair to share her other dreams as well. “Hey everyone, wake up!! I had a weird dream again!!!”

“Tell me about it.” Said Raven and Mason in perfect unison and identical sarcastic tone… Even their facial expressions and their hand-movement to their heads were the same. They caught themselves accidentally playing mirror and stared each other with a ‘What? You too???’ Look on their face. But, Fen barely noticed as she got everyone up from their sleep (Some, like Fugg, looked less-then-pleased at the idea of being woken up by a bouncy, hyperactive child.)

As everyone started to sit up, Fen went off about her dream, speaking unnaturally fast as she did so. “I had a big dream, but this time but it was different! I finally got to meet the voice! She… Well, I didn’t see her, but we talked! And she showed me this really weird river.”

“River?” Kabora interrupted as he sat up beside Raven.

“Yeah! The voice said it was something that connected everyone… or did she say flows through everything? I didn’t get it. Either way, she lives in the river! She’s really really nice. She asked me to go into the river with her so I did and WOOSH!!!” Fen was now giving huge hand gestures as she talked like a squirrel on espresso beans. “All these weird thoughts and feelings and sounds and sights!! I think I saw Mason for a split sec with some lady. Oh! And then the girl picked me up into another place…………………… Then I went back down, and it was all everything again, and then I came to a dam in front of a black lake where… some bad thing lived... I couldn’t see him… I don’t think I wanted to. But that doesn’t matter. The thing is; I finally got to meet the voice! And next time I meet her, I think she will tell me stuff that will make all my dreams make sense!!!” Fen finally finished, gasping for breath, a smile still on her face.

“Fen?” Ras said after a bit of a pause. “Are you sure you’re ok?”

A little embarrassed, Fen relaxed and started to act like her usual self. “Yeah.” Fen said with a shrug and went back to Whiplash, who was playing with this package between his paws. “Hey! Watcha got there Whip?” Fen said as she picked up the two items that were held in the (now) shredded packaging… two books????

Without her knowing, Mason had come up behind Fen and spoke. “It’s going to be my share in the training.” He said.

After jumping at his voice, Fen stared in stupid (and a bit offended) curiosity. Then, as realization hit, her face changed into shear joy all over again. “You… you mean you’re gonna teach me how to read!??!” Mason laughed and nodded as Fen whooped for joy. “WHOO HOO!!! I’m gonna read!!!” She shouted, then going into a cartwheel with the idea… Words! She would know the language or words!!! Then she could read all those signs and write stuff! Fen knew that writing was important, because with it, people could live forever even though they were dead…. All it would take is being able to write their name.….

Death… Speak about it, things were getting good real fast again. Which meant that things were gonna get really really bad later… And, Fen shouldn’t be happy anyway… Fen slowed down as everyone started to pack. “So…” Fen said to no one and everyone. “How many dragons died yesterday?”

“Two.” Said Fugg…

Fen understood… As the rest finished packing, Fen went back to the beach, and took off one of her gloves. Liquid. A pool of liquid glass lay at her feet, it’s general shape (although very vague) was the outline of a dragon if it was about the size of Whip. Then, while it was still a liquid, Fen took her old dagger and threw it into the middle, and waited until it slowly sank about half-way down the puddle. Then, she willed the glass to turn normal and the dagger was frozen in place: in the heart of the dragon.

“Goodbye Old Blue, I’ll miss you.” Fen said with a couple tears.

Then, she hopped on her beautiful meir’s back and joined the rest as they walked into the forest… searching for elves.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
  16. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Julie went as slow as she could go, trying to hold the large wooden tray out in front of her. She knew that she also had to be quick because if she was to slow, she would get her mistress angry. It was never a good thing to get her angry, she could be very mean and she didn’t want to sleep in the cold room again tonight, it wasn’t very nice in the cold room. The rats were hard to keep away at night when she was made to sleep there, so she tried her very best to be very careful.

The tray giggled in her hands, making her stop briefly. She sucked in her breath thinking if she even breathed to hard she would upset the glass bottles that sat on the wooded tray in her small shaking hands. After she was satisfied that nothing was going to fall she started to move once again across the cold stone floor. Her little bare feet moved ever so gently but on her very next step she caught her foot on an uneven stone making her stagger.

She watched as the tray slipped from her little dirt covered fingers. She knew in her hart that she couldn’t stop the tray but she tried as best she could to save the bottles. Her hart jumped in her chest as she watched one fall from the edge and smash on the stone floor. The bottle broke into small shards of glass and sent blue liquid running down the front of her legs.

She knew it was already too late to clean up the mess so her mistress wouldn’t know. She could hear foot steps closing in on her already as her eyes started to tear up. She kept her head down and never looked up as two shoes stopped in front of her. The momentary silence felt like an eternity as she waited to be scolded. She also knew from past experiences that if she looked into her mistress’s eyes she would only be beaten harder. She thought about that big word her mistress called her for doing it once, arrogant…she didn’t know what the word meant, to her it meant for her to keep her head down. Looking down she could still feel those horrible eyes chilling her to the bone.

“I try and I try but you don’t ever seam to learn.. Do you? Am I not good to you? Don’t I not feed and cloth out?”

“Yes mistress, you are very good to me..” Julie spoke in a tear filled voice. She knew if she didn’t answer quickly she would only make Mistress Nora angrier. She could hear her mistress’s hand slapping the side of her leg as she spoke. With every slap it made her jump a little.

“Then why is it that you continue to make me very angry?” Mistress Nora reached down and grabbed Julies arm in her tight grip sending the rest of the bottles and tray crashing towards the stone floor. Julie let out a small whimper at the tight grip pulling her arm up over her head. She wanted to cry but she knew that would only make her mistress angrier so she pushed down her voice as best she could but she couldn’t stop her eyes from tearing as she was lifted off her feet. Mistress Nora’s fingers dug into her tender flesh sending only more pain through her small arm.

“What am I to do with you? I have been to kind, is that it?” Nora shook Julies arm as she spoke.

“No. mistress, I mean yes mistress,” Julie didn’t know how to answer she only tried to fight back the ripping pain.

Mistress Nora let go. Julie landed in a small heap, her feet landed on the small peaces of broken glass sending shocking pain through her as the pooled liquid started to burn at the small cuts. “I am sorry, Mistress. I will do better,, please mistress let me clean this up. Please.. I will be a good girl” Julie cried and even with out her mistresses’ permission she started to gather the glass fragments on the wooden tray. She moved as quickly as she could to her knees to find all the glass. Tears streaked down her small cheeks as she worked as fast as her small hand would allow.

“After you clean up this mess you are to go to the pit! I have had it with your lack of respect towards me. May be a night there will help you learn to follow instruction.”

Julie looked up quickly. She was so shocked she even forgot that she was never to eye her mistress. “Please.. oh please mistress..I will be good. I will be good I promise” She was answered by a slap across her cheek knocking her head to the side. Julie fell weeping on the floor still pleading not to be sent into the pits.

“You will go and with noting to eat as well!. and if you want to every leave, you better start learning how to address your mistress properly.” Nora walked away leaving Julie to clean up the mess with out even looking back.

Julie started to collect the glass once again. She felt the sting still burning her cheek but she tried not to cry out as best she could. After she colleted the last peaces of glass on the trey she moped up the last with a dirty rag she had kept in a pail beside the laboratory door. After cleaning she turned towards her mistress once again. “Is there any thing else mistress?”

“No you have been trouble enough today. Go now and take this with you,” Nora handed Julie a note in her claw like hand. Julie quickly reached for the note and stepped back, fearing another slap.

“Thank you mistress,” Julie spoke in a trembling voice. Nora grunted and waved her away “get your ugly face out of my sight.” Julie walked slowly out the door holding the small peace of paper in her shaking hand. She had never been to the pit before but she had heard stories from the other servants who also worked in north fort proper. The bad people were kept there was all she really knew. She cried as quietly as she could. She kept her head down watched her little feet working there way along the dimly lit hallways. She had to descend numerous stairways to reach the lower levels of north fort. With every step her little hart sank in to her stomach.

People walked by her from time to time but know one gave her any more attention then they would a passing dog. She came to a sudden stop at a set of large doors, on each side stood a pair of very mean looking men she thought as she held out her hand with the message. She didn’t know what was on the paper because she was too stupid for the way of letters and numbers, that what Mistress Nora had always told her. She had tried once to read with a piece of scrap paper but with no one to help and almost no light in her small room it was an imposable task.

“What do we have hear?” spoke one of the guards. He reached out and retrieved the note from Julie’s hand. He looked at the note and then down too Julie. She kept her eyes away and locked on her feet with their wiggling toes.

“Are you sure about this?” asked the guard.

Julie only nodded. She knew better then try and deny any thing her mistress had placed on the paper. She thought she could hear the guard make a shallow breath before he spoke. “Ok then, open it up.” Julie could tell the sound of a bolt being thrown back and then she felt a large but surprisingly gentle hand on her shoulder leading her in through the now open doors. She walked into the musty chamber with the guard towering over her. The guard held in his hand a torch that led their way deeper past steel set doors and walls holding chains.

They stopped suddenly and the guard placed the torch in a notch so he could free up his hands. He helped Julie towards a ladder and told her that she must clime down by her self.
    Julie walked over slowly and looked down. It was nothing but a large hole dug into the ground. So far down she couldn’t see the bottom of the ladder but only darkness. She claimed on the ladder but it wasn’t easy with her short legs to reach the next rung.

Julie caught her tattered dress once and slipped twice before she reached the bottom. The floor was made of dirt and there was nothing to sleep on but a pile of dirty rags. When she was told to step back the guard at the top pulled the ladder out of the pit. She could make out the guards face at the top in the burning light as he walked away leaving Julie in total darkness. Her hope faded with the light, and then the sound of a bolt closing echoed the chamber.

Julie tried to be brave but she couldn’t help it she started to cry.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  17. Darth Qui-gon

Darth Qui-gon Man its good to be back

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Kabora was resting after the painful encounter with raven, when fen came over and woke everyone up so she could tell us about her dream.

“I had a big dream, but this time but it was different! I finally got to meet the voice! She… Well, I didn’t see her, but we talked! And she showed me this really weird river.”

“River?” Kabora interrupted as he sat up beside Raven.

“Yeah! The voice said it was something that connected everyone… or did she say flows through everything? I didn’t get it. Either way, she lives in the river! She’s really really nice. She asked me to go into the river with her so I did and WOOSH!!!” Fen was now giving huge hand gestures as she talked like a squirrel on espresso beans. “All these weird thoughts and feelings and sounds and sights!! I think I saw Mason for a split sec with some lady. Oh! And then the girl picked me up into another place…………………… Then I went back down, and it was all everything again, and then I came to a dam in front of a black lake where… some bad thing lived... I couldn’t see him… I don’t think I wanted to. But that doesn’t matter. The thing is; I finally got to meet the voice! And next time I meet her, I think she will tell me stuff that will make all my dreams make sense!!!” Fen finally finished, gasping for breath, a smile still on her face.

Rapture, who came back with all the Meirs said something but Kabora really wasnt paying attention, he was trying to figure out the meaning behind the dream. "Could her dreams get more confusing" He thought to himself. Everyone started to get on their mounts to head out when Kabora heard something in the forest.

"Hey guys hold up for a second" Kabora's eyes now trying to focus in the direction of the noise.

"What is it Kabora?" Mason asked

"There is someone watching us from the woods, I cant quite see him from here. Wait here I'll be right back." Fugg now useing his powers to try to figure out where they are.

"Hes about 100yrds in Kabora" Fugg said Kabora moved his mount in front on him so that it would look like he was behind the large cat, and then went invisable and leaped up on Mufasa's back then up into the trees. He moved quick and silent, not even an elf could have heard him coming. He got to where the person was hiding.

"I wonder why they just stoped?" The stranger asked himself.

"So a human with looks like 2 swords on his side. doesnt appear to have guns. intressting" Kabora said to himself before he quitely lowered himself down behind the stranger. Kabora took out his sword and re-appeared. He then placed the sword on the neck of the stranger.

"Any sudden moves and your dead" Kabora said. The man raised his hands showing that he wasnt goin to reach for his weapons.

"Now turn around slowly" The stranger did as he was told

"Who are you and why are you spying on the group?" Kabora asked

"My name is Sedril. I have my reasons" The stranger said.

"Well Sedril, I'm sure the group would love to hear them now hand over your swords. Slowly"

Sedril now appeared to be getting angered but he did as instructed and handed Kabora the swords.

"Ok move" Kabora said, Making sedril lead the way back with the point of Kabora's sword in his back.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Mason asked

"His name is Sedril, found him spying over there. He had these on him." Kabora tossed the swords to Fugg who was beside him. Fugg looked over them.

"these are relic swords" Fugg stated

"So Sedril, where you from and why are you following us?" ask Mason now with his hand on his cannon at his side. The group now looking at the stranger waiting for his reply

18. Smurf

Smurf Finrod Felagund

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Sedril paced through the undergrowth his feet only lightly touching the ground and making sure that he did not give his position away. It was night time and the faint wisps of moonlight shone through gaps in the forest canopy. He walked with a stealth that could only normally be attributed to elves, and knew these forests like the back of his hand. So on he went, stalking the group through the great forest.

They had not yet entered the deep confines of the forest that was the elves dominion. Although they were getting deeper by the day and Sedril knew it was near time to address them openly. But that time was not now. So he gripped his Katanas and pressed on.

----

It was nearing morning of the next day and he had been shadowing their movements and decided that this was the time to greet them openly. He thought while moving as to what would be the best form of greeting. Going in straight out would be foolish, and almost nearly warrant a bit of hostility. So he decided on a more subtle approach. But how to do it? Maybe act as a hunter or influence a wild bear to cross their tracks ... no, that might be a bit too much. But how to do it?

Sedril was still thinking when he noticed something different; the group had stopped suddenly and were discussing something. Sedril stopped as well and moved closer to get a better look in. He had previously noted the ecstatic conversation that the young girl had had with the rest of the group and consequentially woken them from their resting. Sedril found this somehow amusing, but quickly put it out of his mind. They had continued on along their journey a while longer when they had stopped. He was confused as to why they had stopped so abruptly.

"I wonder why they just stopped?"

Sedril was just about to half-conceal himself in case but was caught of guard. He realised that there were only 6 of the group opposed to the usual seven. What had happened to the other one. Just as he was wondering this a figure dropped down from a tree behind Sedril and quickly placed a sword at his neck. Curse me for being so ignorant - thought Sedril.

"Any sudden moves and your dead" said the figure. Sedril decided to go along with it and put his hand up to show that he would not harm.

"Now turn around slowly" Sedril did so, and saw that it was the elf in the party, an elf with black hair, and black clothing. He then realised why he had been caught off guard. Anyone else and he would have known about it.

"Who are you and why are you spying on the group?" The elf asked.
    Sedril replied, "My name is Sedril. I have my reasons"
    "Well Sedril, I'm sure the group would love to hear them now hand over your swords. Slowly"
    Sedril was annoyed about this, he hated losing his swords. But he did as he was asked with determination. Handing over his two katanas the Elf then spoke again.

"Ok move", the elf motioned for Sedril to walk back to the rest of the party. Sedril marched through the undergrowth towards where the party was standing. The elf stopped him in front of them and one spoke up. A man, who appeared like he just got out of the military.
    "Well, well, well. What do we have here?"
    "His name is Sedril, found him spying over there. He had these on him." Said the elf while tossing Sedril’s swords over to the giant man. Sedril was again frustrated to see his swords being treated like this, but again he bore it. The man noted, "These are relic swords"
    The military man then spoke again; he appeared to be cautious as he had his hand on his side cannon.
    "So Sedril, where you from and why are you following us?"

Sedril let his hands down to his sides looked them each in the eye while speaking.

"As you know my name is Sedril and I am working on behalf of the elves. When the king of the elves had learned of you passing in this forest he started acting more, how should I say, rigid than before. He then asked me to quickly go to you and tell you this. That you are all in great danger and that he has sent an escort to bring you to his court. I had broken off from the group to come and locate you. I thought that a full escort of elven warriors might have been a bit too hostile. But now, I leave this matter for you to discuss.”

19. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Mason shook his head in wonder, if it had been a dream or if it had been a nightmare. He felt sick to his stomach but still he felt surprisingly refreshed. He placed his hand on his knee and push himself back to his feet.

It was morning now and he wanted to see Doc away and have a quick word with Eric before he headed back too paradise. He scolded him self the whole trip back towards the camp for letting himself sleep on watch. Things like that had gotten people dead and he didn’t feel like joining them in the last boat across the river of life.

As he reentered to the camping area he noticed that every one had most of there things already packed and his bed roll neatly placed in a roll by the now long burned out fire.

“Didn’t know were you had gone too but thought it would be faster for every one to be ready to move out quickly,” Raven walked by with her back slung over her shoulder.

“Thanks, but you didn’t need to.” Mason said in a cold voice.

“It was nothing but don’t get the idea that it will happen every day,” She said coyly.

Mason scratch his chin, he noticed that stubble was starting to reappear after returning to the road once again. He nodded to Raven in understanding. He watched as she walked towards the beach just on the out side of the camp area.

Mason looked around and also noticed that his long time friend was already gone.

“They left at first light. Said that they had to catch the convoy before they were to far ahead,” Rapture walked up to the fire and placed her slender hand on her hip.

Mason was only slightly disappointed at the news but he understood that time was always an issue to convoy work. That was one job he would never miss. “Glade to see you found us,” Mason said to her honestly, “Thought we might have lost you in paradise when you never answered the message.”

Rapture was about to explain further but Mason held up his hand, “No need to explain. Your biasness is your own.” He dropped his hand and gathered up his bed roll and pack.

Rapture eyed him. Mason didn’t know if it was because he place so much easy trust in her or if she was trying to figure him out. Mason shouldered his pack and moved towards this mount, passing near Rapture. He placed his hand on her shoulder and stopped suddenly and turned his head, looking her deep in the eyes, “what ever happened I am happy to see you alright and back with us.” He gave her a friendly tap on the shoulder and walked towards his Cat.

“Mason, glad I seen you before I’m off.”

Mason stowed his pack way and turned towards the young king. “As am I,” said Mason as he turned to the young king. Mason didn’t notice it but he was fingering the small stone just below his tunic.

“So you’re for home?” asked Mason.

The king nodded to him, “Still not coming with me? We could use the help,”

Mason shook his head, “No.. My road leads in another direction, Thanks for the offer.”

“Well, then that’s that. If you or your friends should happen to ever find your selves back around Paradise my door is always open to heroes of the kingdom.” Eric made a boyish grim and reached out his hand. Mason clasped forearms with him and accepted his offer.

“Until next time,” Said Mason and let go. “Tell your wife that I am glad that she had found her sister safely and that I expect a good dinner if I am ever around again..And hopefully some tales of victory and perhaps the sound of small feet running about your big palace, It’s much to big for a fatherless king” Mason made a hart filled laugh and watched as the kings face turned crimson at the mentioning of children.

“Good bye young king, may your country prosper!” Mason waved as he watched Eric move towards his dragon.

“May you all find what you seek,” the king bowed slightly and moved away. Mason could have sworn that the king moved with lighter feet as he disappeared from view.

“Mason you got to see this!” Fugg peered out from the dark woods.

“What is it?” asked Mason already making his way across the clearing.

He found Fugg standing with his arms crossed at his chest, looking into the woods. “It’s the elf, he found some one lurking in the wood by to the camp,” Fugg moved his hand and pointed towards a two shadows moving from trees to dark foliage.

"Ok move", the elf motioned for Sedril to walk back to the rest of the party. Sedril marched through the undergrowth towards where the party was standing. The elf stopped him in front of them and one spoke up. A man, who appeared like he just got out of the military.
    "Well, well, well. What do we have here?"
    "His name is Sedril, found him spying over there. He had these on him." Said the elf while tossing Sedril’s swords over to the giant man. Sedril was again frustrated to see his swords being treated like this, but again he bore it. The man noted, "These are relic swords"
    The military man then spoke again; he appeared to be cautious as he had his hand on his side cannon.
    "So Sedril, where you from and why are you following us?"

Sedril let his hands down to his sides looked them each in the eye while speaking.

"As you know my name is Sedril and I am working on behalf of the elves. When the king of the elves had learned of you passing in this forest he started acting more, how should I say, rigid than before. He then asked me to quickly go to you and tell you this. That you are all in great danger and that he has sent an escort to bring you to his court. I had broken off from the group to come and locate you. I thought that a full escort of elven warriors might have been a bit too hostile. But now, I leave this matter for you to discuss.”

“What ever help we could use would be good. I don’t know the woods here and no one around the area will venture more then on the edge of the forest for fear of daemons and goblin’s,” Mason knew it might be more fear then actual monsters lurking about but still some of the stories about the enchanted woods could chill a persons to the bone and give nightmares for days. Every shadow and noise would make the faintest of hearts run for there lives.

“Find us on the other side,” Mason pointed towards a small stand of trees. Fugg tossed back the swords and turned towards Mason. “I don’t like this..” He snarled.

“I don’t my self but what choice do we have. We could spend days wandering around this forest and still find nothing.”

“It’s true, we elves have a good understanding of hiding things, which we wish not to be found. I could no more find there capital then he could find my own. It’s the magic placed on the city. We could walk right through the main street full of elves and not see a thing,” Kabora slapped his swords away but kept his hands ready.

Fugg grunted then turned away after he handed back Sedril his weapons.

Sedril Placed his weapons back in place and moved to the place through the woods that Mason said they would meet up with him. He disappeared with out a sound and vanished with out disturbing the foliage.

Mason shook his head and wondered what was too come. He turned and found his cat; he mounted up quickly and moved to find out what the rest were doing. He found a tear stricken Fen holding the books that he had given to her the night before in her glove covered hands.

“Some thing wrong fen?” he asked quietly.

She shook her head as if saying no, “I was just saying good bye to the dragons. I will miss them.” Mason nodded. “I am sure they know.”

She wiped away tears from her eyes with her gloves. Mason never said any thing to fen about the gloves but he had always wondered if she had ever had the experience of touch before her powers had denied her that ability. The thought made him feel a little sorry for the young girl. She had powers but at what cost.

“So do you like your Books?” asked Mason.

“Yes, I love them,, thank you so much.” She beamed with a smile.

“As long as you learn to use them… remember knowledge is true power. A weapon can be destroyed or taken away but knowledge will always keep you armed. That’s the first lesson.” Mason smiled towards her. Now lets get going there’s a new person for you to meet .

Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  20. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    When Kabora returned with the stranger and he told everyone who he was and what he wanted. Raven knew that the stranger was telling the truth but didn't know if he was awair of her being there. It has been a little over two years since she regretfully left her home in the the Wood Elves Kingdom. Keeping herself just out of sight she finished packing her things away on the mount untill everyone was ready to head out. She was still a bit skidish of the large cat but compaired to Old Blue this was nothing.

She was just about to climb up into the front but stoped in mid step. "Need some help Raven?" Kabora asked with a wicked smerk spread out upon his face.

"Oh no you don't!" Raven snaped knowing that he was thinking of doing " If its alright with you I'd like to ride in the back this time." she replied.

"If thats what you wish" Kabora replied seeing that Raven was already fastening herself in the rear seat. Climbing back onto the mount he turned around "Are you alright Raven?" he asked in a hushed tone so that only she could hear him. Raven shruged her sholders as she fought with the buckle "Here" he replied and began to help her " Is there something troubling you about that Elven scout?" he asked seeing how nervesly she eyed him.

He was looking deeply into her troubled eyes in a way that made her feel strange and quickly deverted her eyes, "No ...its just that... I'm still not sure if we can truly beleave him...I mean considering what we were led into yesterday!" she lied. How could she tell him that the King the scout was refering to was her adopted father.

Turning around he fastened himself in and moved the Meras in line just behind Mason as they began to make their way into the woods. Pulling the coller of her trench coat up, she tried to sheald idenity from the woods 'Please, let the gods keep them from reconising me' her thoughts begged. Her grip upon Kabora's sides tightened as she hoped that he would only think that it was from their mount moving.

The trees were large with their age going back before anyone could rember and were filled with unseen wonders that she rembered all to well. Once her physical wounds had heald and a bond of trust was built with the one who saved her ( she couldn't bring herself to even think his name let alone speak it....for the pain of their last meeting was still fresh upon her mind) she was tought all about hunting, tracking and keeping herself hidden and out of sight.

Time has excaped her as she rembered her life in these very woods and the sudden and unexpected sound of her empty tummy woke her from her thoughts, "Was that you Raven?" Kabora asked with a chuckle from hear ing loud grumbling sound comming from behind him. Raven blushed (thankfully she was sitting behind him so he couldn't see it) "Ya it was" she admited "Mason... Theres a small glade not to far from here why don't we stop and eat before we continue?" she called out suddenly forgetting that no one knew of her knowlge of these woods.

"How do you?....."Mason called out pulling his mount to a stop and turning so her could look back at her "How do you know that Raven?" he asked abrubtly.

'Smooth Raven...now the cats out of the bag!' she closed her eyes and scolded herself "I just do!" she snaped bitterly not wanting to go into the full explination of how and why "Look Just take everyone to the glade and I'll meet you there. I'm going ..a lone" she paused and gave Kabora and Mason a stern look " I'll go and get us something to eat and meet you there!" she explained.

Everyone watched as Raven had removed her trench coat so that she was only thing she had on were her normal black tank top, pants and had both of her revolvers and her Elven wepponds showing. " I don't think this is a good idea Raven?" Kabora spoke up watching her slide off Mufasa. He was about to hop off and join her but the firm and almost angry look in her eyes stoped him, he had a feeling that she needed to do this on her own. "Be carful out there" he replied reluctantly.

Mason watched as Raven strung her bow "Alright, If you get into any trouble just fire off two shots so we know where you are!" he repled leting his fustration ring in his voice.

Search tags for this page

how to use sedril leaf for protection

sedril leave to protect