RPG #16 - Barteris

Discussion in 'RPG # 16 - Barteris' started by Nienor, May 11, 2006.

1. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Setting planet Barteris

Known year 3330

Welcome to Barteris, the last stop in the known universe. If you can survive here you can survive any were.

Barteris has been known as the melting pot of the universe. Were races and species of all description and type have come to trade in honest bartering and some not so honest. There are no laws on Barteris, only the laws of each town or city were Barons, kings, religious leaders and any one with the right power could lead with an iron fist.

The ruins of a lost civilization are scattered all over the planet from mountain tops to the oceans depths. Little is know about who created the forgotten city but one thing that is very clear is that they were powerful in the old arts of magic.

Magic was thought be a tail told by mothers to lull there children asleep at night but most legends and story have a truth about them. When some old artifacts were uncovered years past high in the northern mountains some didn’t know what to make of them. After considerable study they discovered that magic energy was all too real and hard to control. It was an energy source like any other and like on old earth it could be depleted with over use. Over time the powers began to grow once more on the harsh planet and with only a planet full of creatures that couldn’t use such powers it continued to grow and gain strength.

In the first fifty years past Barteris was known as a trading planet but through wars and devastation it had become lost over time. This is one reason some believe that all contact with the out side worlds had been cut off for reasons no one knows but some believe that a cataclysm of tremendous destruction might be the reason.

What is fact is that now who ever lived on Barteris is now alone and every day is a fight for survival. Old enemies could be your best allies and allies of old could be your worst enemy. After contact with the out side worlds stopped so did the large trade. Trade is still conducted among the warring factions and cities but this is only done for survival. Most districts of Barteris have small disputes between each other and from time to time total war could brake out between districts.

After time had past modern weapons have been all but destroyed. With no refineries and medal production the plaint begin to digress. People still have weapons of powder and patched together vehicles but most weapons of energy have been discarded over time with out replacement parts. People began to carry swords once more and magic users were becoming to under stand there powers though some were very skilled in the arts. Still guns could be found and made easy enough but ammunition is a rare commodity. Ammunition is unreliable and unpredictable but it still can be used for barter. Most arms are single fire weapons but some rapid fire weapons can be still found.

If the people don’t kill you the planet will. On Barteris only the strong survive.

created by Wolf Star

2. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    planet Barteris

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    A veteran of countless battles, Mason had his Colt Navy Revolver holstered on his hip, and his long coat removed to his side for easy access. He had left his rifle and other belonging in his patched together land rover out side the run down establishment but not unprotected. He had a series of no explosive booby traps attached all over the vehicle and one explosive attached to the ignition, incase some one was cleaver enough to by pass his traps. Mason thought it was always better to loose a means of transportation then allow others to gain from his hard work.

A means of transpiration was a very crucial item to own in a place like hells kitchen. It could mean the matter of life or death, when faced with the unrelenting twin suns that circled in the sky above the barren waste land and driving sands. That was one reason Mason had to stop at the small trading out post. Not that he needed the fuel witch was also a hard item to come by with out blood shed. He needed to re-supply his water reserves. One could live with out fuel but no one could live with out water. Water lies at the top of everyone’s hierarchy of needs. It doesn’t matter how big your gun or how fast your vehicle if you’re dying of thirst in the middle of the desert. It doesn’t rain much these days, so most water is found deep beneath the ground. Finding water is one thing, but making sure it’s clean is something else. Water is often tainted with toxins.

Mason had come across hells kitchen a few times in his travels. They never looked fondly to outsiders but they have come to tolerate a few and if they completed there business in short order that was all the better. Mason had been known as an arms dealer in the small town. Coming every so often too exchange ammo or weapons. So his presence was tolerated but not yet accepted with great enthusiasm by the towns’ leader who distrusted any one who comes to trade for water. Most unknown out siders were shot outside the ramshackle gates of wrecked land vehicles, plate metal and stone. They were then striped of all there belongings and there life less bodies were nailed to the walls as warning to others. None of this was disturbing to Mason who witnessed a great deal worse in his life and had done worse him self from time too time.

Mason watched as a servant girl returned with his meal. She was dressed in a short blue skirt and a low cut blouse. Her cleavage was almost bursting out of her blouse and was attracting the attention of most of the customers. He watched as she swung her hips more then necessary as she approached his wooden planked table held up on four old tire rims.

She had an attractive face with long blond hair cascading down over her shoulder. She also had a set of almost perfect teeth that Mason was surprised to see when she smiled at him. Mason wondered what else she did for pay after the bar was closed but thought better of it and buried the question.

“You better eat it up wile it’s still hot. The grease tends to harden after it cools for a wile,” she placed a bowl of unrecognizable stew in front of him.

“What kind of meat is it?” mason asked but didn’t know if he really what’d to know the answer to his question.
    “Better if I didn’t tell you, but at lest it won’t kill you,” she placed her finger in the stew and tasted it to show that it wasn’t poisoned.

Mason smiled and nodded in thanks to her. He then reached in his pouch and placed two 22 shells on the table for payment. “Brass!” she cried. She quickly snatched them up and looked closely to make sure they weren’t duds. After she appraised them for a moment she tossed them down between her breasts out of sight.

“The names Saline, if you need any thing ask for me,” she bent forward to show him her cleavage at a better angle, “that’s any thing,” she winked at him them turned to someone who was calling her name.

Mason was glade she had left him so he could try and swallow his unappealing meal but he couldn’t ignore the thought that he was tempted by her beauty, in a land with so many scraggily looking women.

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  4. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Cambei had been walking for several hours now and he was just now able to see the details on the wall of the upcoming town. Most people were bothered by the heat of this place, however Cambei could scarcely feel it. He enjoyed being outside too much to be bothered by it, although there wasn't much to enjoy on Barteris. But that had never bothered him. He always looked for the upside of things, despite that this had hurt him many times in the past. As he approached the town he read the sign that hung above the gate. "Welcome to Hell's Kitchen." He couldn't read much, but he knew those words, not to inviting a name he'd say. And to add to that the walls were covered in human bodies. But oh well, it isn't like he planned on being here long. He just hoped he could avoid any big trouble.

He entered a small bar right within the town boarder. Sitting down he was quickly greeted by a server, "What'll you have hon?" the woman asked. "House special I suppose," he replied. The waitress walked off to get his order. She was pretty he supposed, but he really hadn't cared much, as far as he knew he wasn't interested in a wife, and his order was forbidden to seek a woman for anything other than a wife. He heard somebody laughing loudly and he turned to see they were laughing at him. He shrugged it off and turned back around. By now his order was up and he reached into his robe to pay. He pulled out a handful of shiny red stones that he'd found in the mountains. He didn't know what they were called but they were pretty, and people always seemed happy to accept them as payment. The waitress's eyes widedned as she took the stones and left him with his food. If you could call it that, it looked like a lot of camel spit to him, oh well, he'd eaten worse.

He felt a big hand on his shoulder. Turning he saw the man who'd been laughing at him earlier. Maybe he was going to apologise. Cambei doubted it. "Hey kid, where'd you get them rubies?" said the big man who's buddies were standing on either side of him. "Huh?" Cambei asked. "Don't play dumb boy, where'd you git them rocks?" a second man asked knocking Cambei's bowl off of the table. Cambei watched it fall and splash all over the floor. "Jerric leave the kid alone, don't make me get the cops!" someone shouted after this happened. "Sheddup! Me and the kid are talkin! So boy, you gunna tell us where you got them stones, or are we just gonna have to ruff you up?!" the man called Jerric started to move his hand as if to take a swing, before he could start Cambei shot his hand out, stopping it mere centimeters from the man's face. "Sir I wish you no harm, but if you insist on making trouble, I think we should take this outside."

As he started to walk outside he eyed the broom in the corner. It was too late for him to ask, but he'd like to have that right about now as the big man and his thugs followed the small monk outside. They took their sides in the street. People had began to come out of their homes to watch. He heard them whisper, apparently he wasn't going to be the first person this Jerric had fought this week, insider or outsider, apparently he was a known trouble maker. Jeric and his men pulled out various weapons, a pipe, a sword, and from Jerric himself, a pistol. Cambei didn't draw his own weapons, those were only meant for fights where he was at a true disadvantage. These three were brawlers, probably really tough, but they wouldn't be a match for Cambei.

Jerric fired a shot at Cambei's feet. Trying to make him jump, Cambei didn't so much as blink. He took his stance and shouted to his opponents, "Are you guys ready?" They laughed, "Sure kid! We're ready!" They took their eyes off of him, that was a mistake as Cambei began to run at them, full speed. They got ready for him in a panic, but it was too late, Cambei had already reached them. He caught the sword between his palms and twisted it as he pulled back, yanking the weapon from the other man's hands. He then kicked the man hard in the stomach, his foot sunk in deep, no muscle. Cambei threw the sword into the ground hand drove his palm into the man's chin, knocking him out. Jerric's gun was now aimed at him, Cambei ducked under the barrel and came up, grabbing Jerric's gun hand and twisting it, snapping his wrist, Cambei then used his legs to sweep Jerric's feet out from under him and kicked him hard in the gut, making him lose conciousness too.

The third man had since dropped his pipe and ran away. They were no challenge. Obviously they'd never been trained in fighting, and for the most part they depended on their size to beat their enemies. Just then the town police arrived. "What the hell's going on... well I'll be damned." Cambei looked around, he guessed they were talking about this. "Sir you're under arrest!" said another officer, must be talking to him he guessed. Cambei sighed and let them put his cuffs on and confiscated his weapons. He desided he didn't like this town. He had been in a fight, had his weapons taken away and now he had to break out of jail!

5. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Mason was a very watchful man. He liked to know every thing that was taking place around him at any given moment and always kept his back against the wall. He could tell if any thing was about to happen from past experiences and the domineer of the local unsavory characters that frequented, sweet filled drinking holes such as the one he was trying to find nourishment at.

There was always some one in every group that thought they could take what ever they wanted. They were always the ones boasting about every thing and trying to dominate the place. It wasn’t hard for Mason to pick them out every time he entered a new pig hole. That’s what he come to term the run down drinking holes that he had come accustom to over the years.

So as he watched as the new arrival flash some precious gems from his pocket he already knew what was about to accrue. Sure enough, like a moth to a flame the local self-proclaimed bullies advanced on the monk.

There was something about the monk that Mason couldn’t put his finger on. Maybe it was the way he carried himself with diminished confidence or the fact he accepted the groups challenge to go unanswered, ending up in monk fighting anyway. To Masons surprise he watched as the burly group followed the monk out of doors.

Mason pushed back his hardly touched bowl of stew and slid himself from his table. He followed the group and stood at the door. He reached into his chest pocket and pulled out a cigar wile leaning his shoulder on the door post. He then bit the end off, spitting it on the dusty entrance way. He then lifted his head with out lighting the rare cigar and savored the flavor with his lips and tongue. He kept his coat still clear of his holster were he kept his colt revolver and watched as the fight started.

The fight was over quicker then he thought. The monk moved with grace of a trained fighter and the towns self-proclaimed bullies were on the ground nursing various wounds.
    Shortly after Mason noticed the monk was about to leave peacefully when the local appointed authorities arrived to arrest the trouble maker.

As they were about to take the monk away mason spoke up to direct there attention towards him, “I wouldn’t do that, if I were you.”

“And who do you think you are telling us what we should or shouldn’t do; maybe we should run you in as well for looking so ugly,” The leader of the security force was a tall fat man with a scar running down the side of his face starting at his right eye and stopping in a gagged line at his chin. He looked to be in his forties with graying hair. Each member of the security team wore different types of clothing. As if they found most of them on various corpses. With no defined uniforms that Mason could tell, accept a hand made, comical yellow badge that each one had pasted on their chest.

The last remark made his comrades smile at there leader but it had no effect on Mason, “I said let him go.”

“And who is to stop us, you,” the security officer spoke then smirked as if the jokes keep rolling off his tongue.

Mason rolled his unlit cigar a crossed his mouth and bit into slightly with his teeth. “If the fat baron wants his 50 caliber ammunition then you will let him go immediately. And if you would like to explain to him why you had lost his ammo over some bar fight then be my guest.” Mason watched as the smile was quickly lost on the men’s faced and replaced with a look of anger.

“Who are you?” was all the leader asked with a threatening voice. Mason didn’t have to answer the question because of the man who stood be hind him tapped him on the shoulder “That’s Mason coal the gun runner. I can tell from that weapon he is carrying on his hip.” The leader shrugged him off and looked back to the monk then to Mason, “More like a mutant dog by the looks of him.” He thought that he was about to get a reaction out of the gun slinger but mason never moved only kept his eyes on the security leader.

“I herd the baron does not take disappointment lightly, But that’s up to you, you have a choice the way I see it.” Mason reached his hand towards his hip making every one flinch as if he was reaching for his hand cannon but changed the direction of his hand towards his pocket and pulled out a wooden match. “You can try and take him to your jail but that is the hard and messy way if you’re able to get him there." the tone that Mason spoke was not lost on the guards." Or you can forget this whole thing and have a pleasant day. The choice is your.” Mason lit his match with his fingernail and started to light his cigar.

The security leader was beyond any more angry words, “Let him go.”

“But..but” Was all the man who held the monk could say before he was interrupted by his superior.

“I said let him go, that’s an order. Don’t let me repeat my self.” The officer snapped his eyes towards him then back to Mason. “We will be seeing each other again.”

“I look forward to it,” rebutted Mason as he tock a long relaxing inhale of his cigar. Mason never smoked much but he did enjoy one from time to time, when ever he was able to fine such pleasures.

They let the quiet monk go and watched as he walked back inside the bar. Mason didn’t turn his back until he was well out of sight, stepping backwards into the pig hole. He turned around and introduced him self to the monk who he had just met.

“The names Mason Coal, can I buy you some thing to drink?” Mason extended his hand in friendship.

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  6. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Cambei was surprised when someone spoke up as he was being led away. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." The town enforcers stopped and their leader made some remark about the man's looks. They exchanged words for a few moments, during this time Cambei had noticed the pistol the man by the bar wore on his hip. It was an interesting weapon, it looked much nicer than the one Jerric had carried, and by the fact that he had a real leather holster it was a far superior weapon.

The man said that if the baron wanted his .50 caliber ammunition they'd have to let him go. Cambei wasn't familiar with guns, or their ammunition, but if the head of this town wanted it bad enough to get mad about losing it, .50 caliber must be very nice bullets. He also held a cigar in his mouth. He'd neverr smoked, but Cambei knew those smelled funny, and a lot of the people who smoked the small white ones coughed a lot, so he didn't want to start.

The captain of the police made another remark, but the man, Mason was his name apparently, kept his cool and fired back, talking about how the baron didn't like to be disappointed. Cambei didn't really pay attention. He saw one of those funny stick balls rolling in the wind, suddenly it stopped and began to roll in the opposite direction.

He tuned back in time to hear Mason say that trying to take him in would be messy. Cambei wasn't sure why, he'd planned to go peacefully. Maybe he planned to do something? Oh well, he was getting out of this mess and he wouldn't have to leave town for while. Mason lit his cigar and the head guard gave the order to release him. One of the others tryed to protest, but he was shot down. Cambei handed his cuffs to one of the officers who gave him a surprised look. Maybe they'd never seen a manslip out of their cuffs before, strange, back at the temple that was the entire point of that game.

He got his weapons back and walked back into the bar. He remembered that bowl of... something Jerric had knocked onto the floor. Shame, the floors in here weren't much, but that stuff couldn't have improved things much. Mason stepped in behind him and said "The names Mason Coal, can I buy you something to drink?" Cambei bowed and replied, "Sure, I could go for something, I'm Cambei."

7. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    The blood of the ancients… A new weapon… The power of death itself in the palm of her hands…
    -~- The needles…The raw energy piercing through the body…so much pain…endless suffering… -~-

I can’t go back.

Fen was shot into wakefulness, gasping for breath, her mind still trying to shove the horrible images back into the shadows where they belonged. Her hands were tingling painfully with suppressed power, the golden symbols on her gloves faintly glowing in the early-morning light… The nightmares were back. They always came when it was time for her to go… Fen moaned to herself at the idea: it’s such a pain to leave one place and then start again at another… even if it WAS a rathole like Hell’s Kitchen.

For a few weeks now, Fen had taken refuge under the building of some old, wealthy man. Rich people always had the habit of leaving a gap between the stone floor and the sandy earth. With her “talent” of making holes appear in solid stone, it was always easy to find a new home away from the scorching suns. Today, was another glass-selling day: yet another way her ability has helped her over the years…. When sand melts, and turns solid again, it becomes glass! So, taking the fragile objects she made last night, Fen whent out on the streets selling glass objects and picking unsuspecting pockets.

It was becoming about mid-day, and Fen was getting grouchy with her lack of earnings: a few metal things here, a piece of expensive-looking fabric there… nothing that would bribe her way onto the next trading caravan. She even had to deal with that bully, Jerric again. Ok, that was a bit of fun: a regular game of cat and mouse… and what a stupid cat he was. Jerric was the first guy to “welcome” her to Hell’s Kitchen. Yup, the beating took about a good half-hour, then he left all high and mighty, thinking he had won something special… that is, until he checked his pockets…. Stupid cat. He hasn’t been able to catch Fen since. All tired and angry, Jerric had given up the chase again and decided to drag his sorry behind to the nearby tavern with his buddies. Fen was recounting her petty findings when she heard Jerric’s voice boom up from the bar.

“Don't play dumb boy, where'd you git them rocks?” Rocks?? Like… jems???? Now this sounded profitable. After a few more words with this obvious stranger, they came outside, and Fen finally had a good look at the stranger’s face. He was cute… ok, his cloak gave him a bit of an eerie look… but overall, he was still cute. It’s too bad his face will look like minced meat or worse in a few seconds. Jerric and his buddies had pulled out their weapons, showing that they were serious. If the stranger was smart, he would drop his stuff and run. A shot was fired by the man’s feet, but he didn’t even flinch. The slug had skidded across the sand and landed a few meters away from the gathering crowd… It would be such a waste not to pick it up… Fen quickly weighed the pros and cons of such an attempt: Pro, she would be that much closer to leaving. Con, she would miss some of the action…her safety of running so close to the fight didn’t even enter Fen’s mind.

Ok, it was settled. Fen ran for it as the stranger asked if the others were ready in a loud voice…. She didn’t look up, her eye on the smoking prize. Overhead, she heard the muffled sounds of the fight: a grunt here, the sound of a breaking bone there, another gunshot, another grunt. Finally, she was back in the safety of crowd, the slug in the palm of her glove and.. wha???? As Fen looked up, she was surprised to find the fight had already finished. Even more amazing, the stranger had won. Wow… He must be really fast! Fen made a personal note to not pick this man’s pockets; he would definitely catch her, and would probably beat her up for it. But, why wasn’t he running? Everyone knows the cops come at the sound of a fight; it made them look tough. But, before she could do anything, there they were, ready to slap on the chains and hull him away. Why doesn’t he run?!?!?!?!? He’s fast enough, he could make it… couldn’t he? Before she could worry anymore, another voice came up from the tavern.

“I wouldn’t do that, if I were you.” Said another stranger. It seemed like strangers were popping up everywhere today for Fen. This man was very different from the other though… he was big… very big… and a bit scary. The title “Mercenary” was written all over for him. A big gun at his waist, the trenchcoat, the battle scars all over his face…. As he and the cops had a threat throwing contest, Fen wondered if he was a new merc, sent to find her. Then, someone from the audience spoke up “That’s Mason Coal the gun runner.” Gun runner? Ah, a man of trade. Maybe… maybe HE could get her out of here… then again, he didn’t look like the kind of guy who would give a ride to anyone. But, he would have loot. At that moment, the cops buggered off with their tails between their legs. She had to try… real mercs would come soon, and she needed to leave…. She would have to try to pick-pocket the big one.

As Fen always said, the bigger they are, the larger their blind spots. After the crowds move away, Fen would run in with her glass items and try to sell them. More likely then not, the two would ignore her and try to walk around her… if she positioned herself correctly, they would split up, the cute stranger would go to her left, and the big guy would go to her right…. With her body in the way, the fast one wouldn’t see her pocket something from his new friend… then they would be on their way and she would be on hers… they’re finished with introductions…. Time to go in.

“Hi there! Wow, you guys are pretty tough! Any chance… you could give something to a little no-one like me? I’m not asking for freebies, no way! I make glass stuff! See? I have plates… cups… this round ball thingy… please? Anything?…” and no matter what they say, Fen would keep going until they finally got fed up and bought something… or tried to walk around her. Fen was scared … the power in her hands pricked with her fear… but she kept smiling and going… as far as she was concerned, she had no other option.

8. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    “I have no need for glass. Even if they are as finely crafted as those,” Mason slid one of his fingers along the fine glass feeling its smooth texture. “But take hart if you do indeed intend to sell them, I would say you would gather a tidy sum among the traveling merchants.” Mason tried to make his way past the young girl towards his waiting bowl of stew.

A hand shot out and pushed on Mason’s chest, stopping him up short. He looked down towards her and knew she was trying to make a good first impression on them but may be it was stress or just shear desperation that had driven the young women towards selling glass among the locals. What was perfectly clear to Mason was that, her eyes had become glistening in the afternoon sun that streamed through the buildings dirty windows. She was about to say something more to Mason and Cambei but she slumped her shoulder in defeat. She was about to turn away but mason grabbed her arm gently but firmly.

“I need no glass, if it is work you’re looking for I have a proposition you might like to hear. I am in desperate need of some one to watch my back. If you would care to hear me out, you could join me and the good monk over a glass of your choosing.” Mason kept his eyes on her and watched as she wiped tears away from her eyes that had not yet fully formed.

“Any way, it is hotter then the devils pitch fork out. I think we all could use a drink in this dusty air. Would you care to join us?” Mason let go of her arm and watched her shoulders straighten up once again. “I wouldn’t mind having the company of such a beautiful face, in such an ugly crowd. If I can’t enjoy the terrible food at lest I can enjoy the view.”
    Mason wanted to break the ice a little but still wanted to go about it in a friendly manner. She appeared to be emotionally upset but he could see a will of steel just beneath the surface.

Mason smiled, "so will you join us? I wouldn’t recommend the stew.” He winked coyly.

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  9. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    “Hi there! Wow, you guys are pretty tough! Any chance… you could give something to a little no-one like me? I’m not asking for freebies, no way! I make glass stuff! See? I have plates… cups… this round ball thingy… please? Anything?…” Cambei turned around after hearing this new voice behind him. At first hge thought it was talking to someone else, until he looked down. It was a young girl, almost a foot shorter than him. Cambei wondered why she was trying to sell things. At her age he thought most children were supposed to be outside playing? Maybe Hell's Kitchen was cruel to everyone?

“I have no need for glass. Even if they are as finely crafted as those,” Mason said, apparently not interested. However one item, that ball, it intruiged Cambei. “But take hart if you do indeed intend to sell them, I would say you would gather a tidy sum among the traveling merchants.” Mason began to walk away, but he was stopped by the little girl's hand. Mason thought she just wanted him to buy something, but the girl's deft hands managed to slip a few bullets out of his pocket with expert ease.

Cambei would have said something, but Mason had plenty of bullets by the sound it had made, and she was just a little girl. Mason said something again now, about having the little girl, what was her name? Cambei hadn't caught it. Oh well, anyway, Cambei had started to say she could join them if she really wanted work.

“I wouldn’t mind having the company of such a beautiful face, in such an ugly crowd. If I can’t enjoy the terrible food at lest I can enjoy the view,” Mason was trying to win her over after upsetting her before, but it seemed obvious to Cambei he was really just tired of travelling alone. Anyway, Cambei was still interested in that ball, but he was also interested in having more company. After all, two friends was always more fun than just one.

"Yes, join us, I think it would be good for all of us to leave this place sooner than later," Cambei said, throwing in his two cents.

10. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Tables of all shapes and sizes filled the center of the saloons huge main room. Mason’s hard military boots scuffed against the wooden floor as he continued inside. Still, the floor wasn’t completely level and rolled underfoot in places.

The heat out side was hot but inside it was almost unbearable. The cook fire along with a crowed room of people had created an environment of indescribable smells and inescapable heat. It was obvious that most of the locals had never seen a tub of water in quite some time.

A faded picture of some unknown women occupied the wall behind the bar. Bottles of whiskey and other liquors made from local still’s, sat side by side with home made beer. Most of the bottles of hard liquor were so strong that Mason could have used it for fuel in his land rover.

Mason made his way towards his waiting table and noticed various eyes watching his every movement. They quickly turned there heads back towards there own affairs and paid the trio no more attention. Activity like the fight out side the bar was a daily occurrence so no one paid them too much attention as they seated them selves.

Mason returned to the seat that he had vacated earlier and settled himself in to a comfortable position so he could see the entrance. He kept his side arm clear for easy access incase trouble arise. One reason Mason smoked cigars was not because he enjoyed them as much as every one had believed but was be cause he could follow the smoke as it traveled the room. He noticed how it would find places that the average eye would miss in the dark gloom. The smoke was obnoxious but it worked in other ways. Smoke had a tendency to seek out higher ground.

He never let his eyes linger on one place to much. He would look at people’s faces and watch as they just as quickly turned away. His eyes had caught the smoke disappearing into a couple of long narrow slots that were well hidden in the corners. Mason noticed they were at the perfect angle for cross fire. Some one with a good rifle could pick off any one in the bar with out others getting in there line of fire. They were more then likely for self protection but having anyone behind those walls still made Mason feel Uncomfortable.

“So what will you have?” asked Mason to Cambei and Fen.

Mason had to agree with Camei’s comment that getting out of the settlement was important but he also had to acquire water before he left.

“The fat baron should have my supplies ready with in the hour so if you care for any thing to drink or eat please be my guest.” His mouth cringed at the thought of his now cold bowl of stew. “The most I can offer is a way out of the desert but if you have any thing that you might ask of me please feel free.” Mason placed the Bowl on the floor for a scrawny bar dog that quickly rushed over to lap up the grease harden stew.

“What is it you need us for?” asked Fen, “you have enough fire power to handle what ever might face.”

“True, but I are only one man and can’t fight and try to drive at the same time. Although it can be done having some one sitting shot gun is a much better situation. Don’t get me wrong, it will not be a Sunday drive as they use to say in the old days. With a few people other bandits would think twice about attacking a well armored party then one lone man. I would have to fight off mutants and savages all the way to north fort.” Mason didn’t until now, tell them his destination but now it would depended on if they accepted his offer of company.

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  11. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    While these three travelers were talking together another conversation had been taking place. Mason had cleverly noted the concealed slits in the dark corner, but he could not see behind it. He knew well enough that unfriendly eyes often peered out from such places, but there wasn’t much he could do about it. After the episode outside, he wasn’t really thinking about them that much anymore, but they were thinking about him. Two dark figures had been back there talking about him ever since he came in.

“So that’s the man? Right there walking back with the imp and the monk” said a dark man with a deep voice. “The one who just gave all that flap to the police?”

“If they are police, I’m a pine tree. Those rag tag idiots aren’t even paid. They get their money from smugglers for keeping their fat noses out of crime. No surprise they didn’t scare our friend here. Looks like the boss is trying to haul in a big one this time” replied a second. Their forms were undistinguishable in the darkness of the room where the only light came in hazily through the thin slits in the wall.

“He doesn’t look so tough to me” squeaked a third voice.

“You idiot, if he knew we were here talking about him right now he could shoot us through these slits without even seeing us. Just keep your mouth shut and before I shove your shirt down your throat.” The squeaky voiced man piped down and hunched against the back of the dark room. As things were Mason did not know he was even being talked about. How could he? The clamor of the bar was so loud they could have been talking about him in the next table and he would have scarcely overheard.

“So did you give him the message?” inquired the first voice

“Yeah, he’s on his way now. His supplies are being prepared now. Once his water is ready he’ll be gone from this hell hole. I’m going back south, with my pay. I’ve done my part, now you can follow him to the next town. I suppose there will be another agent there waiting for you?”

“That isn’t your concern. The boss gave you as much information as you needed. Now your job is done. Slug!” kicking the short fat man hunched against the wall. “Show Mr. Scotts the way out and be careful that you aren’t seen” hissed the deeper voice.

A door was opened to another dark room, as the second man walked through another dark figure knocked him in the head and strangled him on the spot. Before he could react to what had just happened, the short fat man felt a strong hand clasp over his mouth from behind just as a knife slit his throat.

“Get rid of them, I don’t care where. There’s enough dead bodies in this town that no one will care about a few more. Here’s a present for all of your trouble.” The man with a deep voice handed the new comer something in the dark and walked out. The bait had been set and the wheels were rolling, a dark conspiracy had drawn its first blood.

12. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Keeping her smile, Fen tried her hardest to sell the glass items. The cloaked fast-guy even looked interested in the ball. But, the man named Mason decided to move on. “I have no need for glass. Even if they are as finely crafted as those…But take hart if you do indeed intend to sell them, I would say you would gather a tidy sum among the traveling merchants.” Fen was surprised by the man’s niceness… most people end up yelling at her or kicking her before she was even able to start. But the large man is moving away now… she saw her prize glistening by his chest… bullets… those would pay her way out of here… she had to try… With all the speed she could muster, Fen went for it…

Got it!… The large man’s hand shot out as she moved away, grabbing her wrist. Fen let out a gasp as panic shot through her body… she could feel her fiery energy behind her gloves. The plate slipped to the ground and cracked under her feet. Fen was caught, and she knew well enough what usually came next… a beating… usually until she lost consciousness. There was no use struggling. But… she didn’t have time to heal… they would be coming soon… the Mercs… if she wasn’t gone, they would rip Hell’s Kitchen apart looking for her. She couldn’t go back. Fen could feel tears of frustration starting to come. No… don’t cry… they only laugh if they see tears… Fen decided to turn her head and wait for it when she saw his face change from the corner of her eye. He looked… kindly????

“I need no glass, if it is work you’re looking for I have a proposition you might like to hear. I am in desperate need of some one to watch my back. If you would care to hear me out, you could join me and the good monk over a glass of your choosing…Any way, it is hotter then the devils pitch fork out. I think we all could use a drink in this dusty air. Would you care to join us?” Then he let go of her arm. o_O ???? … It would be an understatement to call Fen confused. But… I… and he… but now he’s…. Fen stared, still holding a cup one hand, the glass ball in her pocket, a small amount of bullets in the other … which she silently gave back as he spoke again.

“I wouldn’t mind having the company of such a beautiful face, in such an ugly crowd. If I can’t enjoy the terrible food at lest I can enjoy the view. so will you join us? I wouldn’t recommend the stew.” He said with a smile and a wink. A wave of girlish joy came over her… teehe!! he thought her pretty!!! No one ever called her beautiful or pretty……. Unless they were pervs… or a thief who wanted her to join them on a suicide scam….. Although a part of her whined at the logic, Fen couldn’t ignore it. Maybe he was a Merc, and was trying to take her away quietly… It would be smart… but… what if he was telling the truth? If that was the case, he was a traveling man, and was willing to take her with him… whatever the job was, she was sure she could do it. It’s decided then. Fen needed to leave, and this my be her only chance… if things got bad, she could always bolt and hide… and if things got really ugly… she… could always take off the gloves.

Fen gave Mason the nicest smile she could muster, and silently nodded…. Following him and the cloaked other into the tavern….

She hated this place… it stank and most of the people in here had been mean to her at least once. As they sat down, Mason offered anything they wanted as he started mulling over his own stew… after staring at the food for a few seconds, Fen couldn’t resist asking… “If you don’t want it, could I have that?” she said, pointing at his stew. Although Mason looked surprised, he quietly slid the stew over to Fen, which she started inhaling immediately. Both stared…. “What??” she said through mouthfuls. “If you think this is bad, you should try to eat the stuff they throw out!” Fen was used to eating stuff which had slime and fuzz growing on it… she didn’t get sick anymore as long as she followed the rule of thumb: if the rats don’t die from it, you won’t die from it. Almost finishing, Fen’s curiousness started to peak again. “So… why do you need us for? Aren’t you strong enough to handle anything that’s out there?” Mason smiled.

“True, but I am only one man and can’t fight and try to drive at the same time. Although it can be done having some one sitting shotgun is a much better situation. Don’t get me wrong, it will not be a Sunday drive as they use to say in the old days. With a few people other bandits would think twice about attacking a well armored party then one lone man. I would have to fight off mutants and savages all the way to north fort.” Hmmm…. still sounded a bit sketchy… but… all the way to north fort… it would be perfect! Might as well… even if he was a Merc, it was worth the risk.

“I’ll tell you what.” Fen said, trying to sound all businesslike. “As long as you don’t wail on me or sell me off, you got yourself a deal.” With that she licked the spoon… half wishing she could have another bowl. This was going to be one crazy ride… and if she kept her head, Fen knew she would survive.

Just then, someone stepped in… giving something to Mason….

??? “what is it?” she whispered.

13. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    The three of them walked over to a table in silence. Cambei exchanged looks with almost everyone they passed. They were passing looks, mostly just to see who was moving from what he could tell. But you never knew when someone wanted a conversation. So he returned their glances. They reached their table where Mason's meal still sat. It looked like the same muck he'd ordered, he still remembered how it had fallen, shame to have lost his stones for nothing.

“The fat baron should have my supplies ready with in the hour so if you care for any thing to drink or eat please be my guest.” His mouth cringed at the thought of his now cold bowl of stew. “The most I can offer is a way out of the desert but if you have any thing that you might ask of me please feel free.” Mason said.

“What is it you need us for?” asked Fen, “you have enough fire power to handle what ever might face.”

“True, but I are only one man and can’t fight and try to drive at the same time. Although it can be done having some one sitting shot gun is a much better situation. Don’t get me wrong, it will not be a Sunday drive as they use to say in the old days. With a few people other bandits would think twice about attacking a well armored party then one lone man. I would have to fight off mutants and savages all the way to north fort.” Mason replied. To which Fen agreed to join him, provided he not sell her.

North Fort? That would go all the way across the outlands. He'd been there a few times, but he'd never stayed too long. Still, these two would need plenty of help getting across those lands, and it's not like he had anywhere to go. And it would be the first time he'd ever ridden in a vehicle. "Alright, then that will make three of us," Cambei said, half wonderig where this adventure would take him.

14. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    As they were talking amongst themselves, a tall, figure, dressed in a black log coat enters the bar. He has a scar running from the right, to the left side of his face, is wearing sunglasses, and carries a massive sword on his shoulder. Nobody seemed to notice him as he walked through the bar looking from one side to the other.

When he sees Mason, he takes a chair and sits next to him “You must be Mason”

“Who’s asking? - Inquires Mason with a challenging gesture

“Just call me Fugg, and I’m here because I was asked by a good friend to find you”

“Who?”-Asks Mason again

“It was your father, he’s been kept prisoner at North Fort, I was a prisoner there too, when the dragon war was over, Fort troops captured me and took me captive as a POW, that was how I knew your father and made friends with him, he told me that he was arrested because he started “asking too many questions”

Anyway I found out that the last prisoner who occupied my cell had done a lot of digging, but before he could escape, they executed him. That’s how I escaped, before I left, your father asked for a very important favour. He wanted me to give his son a letter of the outmost importance, so, I took it, told him I would and left. Here”- with these words, Fugg gave Mason an envelope he took from within his coat.

Mason stared at the envelope, thinking. Then, he took out what appeared to be a map. By all appearances it seemed to detail a secret network of catacombs under the capital city of North Fort. With secret entrances marked in red.

On another piece of paper was written a letter: “My son, I hope you have received this letter, you will know how to get here, I’m sure of it. I need your help….”

Mason stared fixedly at Fugg, who just asked, “so, what have you decided to do?”

Let me think about it”- Answered Mason

“Suit yourself” replied Fugg and went to the bar to get something to drink, he called the bartender, but no one answered, but no one answered, so he waited, then Saline entered the kitchen.

Soon thereafter a loud scream could be heard in all the bar, but it was stopped with a gargling noise, fast as lightning, Fugg entered the kitchen, and found a scruffily dressed rogue with his hands around Saline’s neck, the remains of a short chubby man were at his feet. It appeared that the rouge was actually trying to dispose of his body in the stew. When the murderer saw Fugg, he drew his knife and threw it at him. Fugg, as swift as a rocket, deflected the knife with his sword, but the rogue took this chance to escape out the back.

In the confusion, a crowd of people came to see what was happening and they crowded into the kitchen. The first thing they saw was Fugg, then they saw Saline clumped over dead above the remains of the chubby man (who was actually the owner). They immediately drew their weapons, everyone in Hell’s Kitchen had a weapon of some sort, and advanced to administer justice to this apparent killer. Fugg needed help and he needed it fast…

Last edited: May 25, 2006
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    “I’ll tell you what.” Fen said, trying to sound all businesslike. “As long as you don’t wail on me or sell me off, you got yourself a deal.” With that she licked the spoon… half wishing she could have another bowl. This was going to be one crazy ride… and if she kept her head, Fen knew she would survive.

Just then, someone stepped in… giving something to Mason….

??? “what is it?” she whispered.

Mason didn’t know what to make of the message. He wasn’t expecting any. He held it in his hand and watched as the man who deliver it, quickly disappeared into the crowd. It didn’t look as warn as they unusually did, when he received others correspondents from traveling merchants. Most of the time most merchants placed them in side pockets and they became tattered and filthy after a few days traveling on the open road. The letter he held looked as if it had been made recently.

“Are you going to open it?” fen looked too the letter them with a quick snap of her eyes she leveled them on Mason.

Mason was forced out of his own thoughts quickly by fens words. He was about to open it when another stranger stepped up to the table.

“You must be Mason”

“Who’s asking? - Inquires Mason with a challenging gesture

“Just call me Fugg, and I’m here because I was asked by a good friend asked me to find you”

“Who?”-Asks Mason again

“It was your father, he’s been kept prisoner at North Fort, I was a prisoner there too, when the dragon war was over, Fort troops captured me and took me captive as a POW, that was how I knew your father and made friends with him, he told me that he was arrested because he started “asking too many questions.”

Mason wasn’t surprised that his father had been snooping around but to find out he had been held prisoner was a shock to him. Most of the time his father was a very dangerous man and if they were able to get their hand on him, they must have paid dearly. More then likely it had been paid in blood.

Fugg slipped Mason another letter that did look like it had seen a hard week or two travels. Forgetting about the first letter almost completely Mason slipped it into his pocked to examine later. Cambei quietly watched as every thing was going on around him. Occasionally he would sip on his drink and listen intensely.

He opened the letter that Fugg had handed off to him and started to read with his head slightly tilted to catch a good light. On another piece of paper was written a letter: “My son, I hope you have received this letter, you will know how to get here, I’m sure of it. I need your help….”

Mason stared fixedly at Fugg, who just asked, “so, what have you decided to do?

”Let me think about it”- Answered Mason.

Fugg left him and the two other sitting at the table and went for a drink.

Fen was a very small girl but she, like any other her age was as curious as a cat. She pushed her chair closer and read the letter after Mason had placed it down on the table. Size didn’t matter in a land were you could be killed by any one. Mason had unfortunately had to kill a few children himself. He was never proud of that fact and would never speak of it again to any one.

It didn’t matter who pointed a gun at you or held a knife at you throat dead was dead and it could come in any form. Man, women or child like Fen. Young ones like Fen could hold a knife and gun just as good as any one and they had the benefit of slipping into places that grown men could never go.

The top priority on Mason’s agenda was survival. If any one became a serious threat then, that threat had to eliminated or suffer the consequences. If one person in his team threatened the lives of the others it had to be dealt with swiftly and harshly. Survival was no laughing matter to Mason and he took it very seriously. Just one man falling asleep on watch could kill them all and there was no second chance when dealing with death.

A scream was herd over the general talk and bustling crowd. Every one started to head towards the far side of the bar were some thing must had happened.

“Oh crap,” cried Fen.

“What is it?” Mason asked.

“I think, the man who handed you the second letter is in a bit of trouble and is in need of assistance,” Cambei spoke comely and began to stand letting his eyes scan the crowd.

“Get hard,” yelped Mason and removed his side arm quickly. “I think we are about to leave sooner then I expected.”

“He killed them,” screamed a man holding a broken bottle in his hand. He was pointing the bottle and trying to reach Fuggs throat with haphazard slashes.

“It wasn’t me,” Fugg spoke and avoided a slash to close for comfort, “it was the owner, He- he…” Fuggs words trailed off. “Oh the heck with trying to explain,” Fugg kicked the man in the chest and sent him reeling back words into a few other who were trying to get at fugg as well.

“Stay close behind me, unless you want to get trampled,” Mason told Fen.

“Get them they were with the big man,” The crowd started to move towards fen Mason and Cambei.

Mason’s hand cannon answered in reply. A blast of flame shot out of the barrel and stopped the advancing crowd. Mason had pointed it at a man who was standing at Fuggs back and was about to plunge a dagger through his neck. The soft lead ball ripped through the mans head just above the right eye. It went in about the size of a walnut and exited the back of his head with a hole about the size of a melon. Spraying the wall and a couple of people who stood to close with a mixture of bone fragment and bloody brain mush.

“I think you got your answer,” Mason screamed to Fugg over the raged crowd.

16. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Meanwhile the murderous rouge was running as fast as he could to a run down Inn in part of town that was even more disheveled that the rest of Hell's Kitchen. He went inside and went to straight to one of the rooms upstairs, obviously he had been there before.

He knocked three times and a deep voice told him to come in. Inside it was dark and he could vaguely see the figure of a dark man sitting in the corner.

"It took you long enough, are they both taken care off?"

At that point the rouge began to explain what had happened at the saloon. Now he was afraid that the tall rough looking fellow who had seen him would come after him. He now asked the man in the corner of the room for help. He wanted to get out of Hell's Kitchen for a while.

The dark figure sat silently for a while, not saying anything, not even moving. The only movement in the room came from the rouge who kept shifting nervously from side to side.

"Boron, I consider myself a reasonable man, I don't ask much of people. I gave you two dead bodies to dispose of in a city where dead bodies are as common as live ones, and what do you do? You leave one in a ditch, which shows that you at least have some initiative, and you try to use the other one as flavoring in a stew, which shows that you have the intelligence of a pig. Now you tell me that you have killed the cook, a waitress, and the bartender because they came in on you. What made you think that wouldn't happen. I don't even want to know what delicatessen you have stuffed the other two people in."

"What made you want to put him in a big pot of stew? Did you think that everyone was just supposed to eat the evidence? You have no idea how dangerous you have made our position here Boron."

"But...but...I...People do it all the time!" the big oaf blurted out. The Fat Baron has people disposed of that way all the time! They won’t think there is anything unusual about what they saw, it happens all the time I tell you!"

"Boron, Boron, Boron tisk tisk. I would think you would see the differences in what the Fat Baron can get away with and what you can. However, perhaps you are right, it may seem like a routine burglary. After all this is Hell's Kitchen and I thought enough to relieve our kind host of a small fortune to cover up the murder. So there is hope that nothing will be suspected, but there is no hope for you my friend. This agency doesn't take well to failures."

So up to a week later, those who frequented that run down Inn noticed that the soup tasted a lot different than it normally did. Most of them were happy to have a change.

17. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Cambei stood as the screams came up from the kitchen. This was trouble. “Oh crap,” cried Fen. “What is it?” Mason asked. “I think, the man who handed you the second letter is in a bit of trouble and is in need of assistance,” Cambei spoke comely. Mason stood now too, drawing his pistol instinctively. It rapidly became apparent he'd need it as the bar patrons were drawing their own weapons.

Mason noticed that in the blink of an eye Cambei had disappeared. Mason didn't think about it, Cambei could handle himself. He was worried more about Fen, and that Fugg character. Fugg started out trying to explain what had happened, but that quickly failed leaving him with only the option to fight his way out.

Mason fought his way over to the giant that was Fugg, Fen close behind him. However they quickly lost their room to manuver. They were cornered by the mob. It seemed almost as though this adventure was going to end before really getting started. That's when Cambei re-appeared.

Several bodies flew out of the orange clad monk's path as he swung the broom he'd gathered from the corner. It was almost like watching the sun god himself clean them a path. He used the broom as a mighty staff, effortlessly and gracefully brushing aside anyone who tried to close in on the group, giving Mason the time he needed to reload.

They then began to make their way out of the bar. Cambei picked up Fen and carried her on his back, now using the broom one handed. They finally managed to get outside to see more townspeople had gathered and would try to hinder their path. This was going to be one hell of a story if they made it out.

18. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Fugg was pointing his sword at the crowd to prevent them from getting closer when he heard a man saying:

“Get them they were with the big man” just as he said these words, some people rushed at Mason and Cambei, others attacked Fugg, who used the hilt and pommel of his sword to break skulls, since the kitchen was too small to swing a 6ft blade.

Just when Fugg realized he had someone on his back, Mason shot the man on the head, which was on his way to stab Fugg from the back; this made the crowd even more furious.

Fugg could then hear Mason’s voice shouting from behind: “I think you got your answer”.

This time, a man armed with a kitchen knife rushed to stab Fugg, but he, realizing he was running out of space, threw his sword at the man, sending him away flying through the bar and nailing him to the wooden wall, next to the door killing him instantly.

Then, the man with the broken bottle decided it was his turn to attack, as he attacked, Fugg grabbed the man’s right wrist (the one with the bottle) with his right hand, twisting outwards and snapping it, then Fugg pulled his arm and hit him with his left elbow, breaking his neck, raised and tossed the body to a man that was threatening Fugg with a pitch fork, bringing him to the ground.

The crowd then attacked Fugg at the same time, he closed his eyes for a second and then, he thrusted his open hand towards them, Mason, Cambei and Fen were astonished as a burst of flames came out of Fugg’s hand, burning and killing a few, and scaring away the rest of the crowd.

“We have to go NOW” said Fugg, pulling his sleeve out from Fen’s hand who, in her curiosity, wanted to see if he had a flamethrower or something like that beneath his coat. He then retrieved his sword from the pinned corpse.

“They only went to get more weapons and people” he yelled. “Here they come!!!”

19. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    The giant note bringer and Mason were making a very guarded introduction… Fugg… hehe… the name sounded so close to another four-lettered word that Fen had to pull all the effort she could into not laughing. So, with a smile, she decided to sneak over, and take a peek at the note… One page was a map… and the other was just words… both looked like scribbles to Fen. Awww… there’s no pictures… Fen wished bitterly that she could read when she picked up on another part of the conversation. Mason’s dad gave him this note? And his dad’s in jail?? And Mason is actually thinking whether or not he should save his own dad???? Well, if Fen found out her dad was in a jail, she would go and save him… well, first she would jump for joy at the fact that she had a dad… then she would go save him. Anyway, the Fugg man had left for the bar, so she decided to get a better look at the map with the red dots…. Hey, if the dots were strung together, it makes a picture of a… a scream came from the kitchen… “Oh Crap.”… The image was gone, and Mason had folded the map into his pocket.

“What is it?” Mason asked.

“I think, the man who handed you the second letter is in a bit of trouble and is in need of assistance,” Cambei spoke calmly.

Weapons were coming out, and everyone was gathering around the kitchen door. Through the crowd, Fen got a split-second image of what all the commotion was about. There was blood. Someone must have got killed… again. Everyone seemed to be blamming Fugg for the murder and wanted quick justice…. Or just more blood… probably the second one. In either case, they decided to blame Mason and Cambei as well, just because they talked. They were going to have to fight their way out. Well, at least those big guys would… this wasn’t the first hysterical-for-blood mob Fen has been in, and she knew that, like all the other times, she could easily slip through the crowd and come out more-or-less unharmed. Ah, the wonders of being tiny.

“Stay close behind me, unless you want to get trampled,” Mason said as he lifted his weapon. Yet again, Fen was surprised how nice he was to her…. Although he didn’t mind killing to get out… the quickly-rising head count proved that fact… She could easily leave him and save her own hide…. But… He was nice to her… she would stay for that. Fen noticed the cloaked man was gone, so she decided to watch Mason’s back as a man decided to come around and get them from behind. With a quick maneuver, Fen pulled out her dagger, ducked under the mobster’s attack and slashed his tendons… all in about the same time three shots were fired by Mason. Oh yeah, she was good. Too bad there wasn’t enough room for another such a move. They were getting cornered fast. Just as panic was starting to create a painful fire behind Fen’s gloves, who should come but Cambei with… a broom? Hey, if it works, it works. And for Cambei, it seemed to be working well. Finally, with everyone fighting (Fugg has joined as well) they were making progress towards the door. Cambei then grabbed Fen and huffed her over his shoulder for the last few hard-earned steps.

?!?!!?!! Fen didn’t know what to make of being carried like a sack of potatoes. Was she being saved or kidnapped? Although… Cambei was cute…. And she was so close to his face.. no… wake up… no… the group wasn’t out of trouble yet. More people were coming. This could be trouble. Then, Fugg came forward, a large column of fire shot out. ???? Was… was that from his hand? Was… was he just like Fen?? She reached out from Cambei to check when he shouted They only went to get more weapons and people” he yelled. “Here they come!!!” and sure enough, a lot of people seemed to come from everywhere around the dirt street. Most with weapons. If the men kept fighting the way they were, a lot more people would die… or be hurt very, very badly……. Enough was enough.

Fen slipped the goggles from her forehead and over her eyes, and her bandanna over her mouth. “Everyone!!! Cover your eyes and your mouth!!!” she shouted, purposefully grabbing a part of Cambei’s cloak and covering his head with it. With him suddenly distracted, Fen wriggled her way to the dirt ground…. And slipped off one of her gloves. “COVER YOUR EYES AND YOUR MOUTH!!!” she shouted again, while placing her naked palm to ground. Then, she let her panic go… gas… the ground beneath her hand vanished. A large column of brown smoke came forward, covering everything in an extremely thick fog of vaporized dirt… the hole that was left was at least 20ft deep. With most people choking in the dirty fog, and no one able to see, the fighting had finally stopped. Fen put her glove on and went to Mason.

“I hid my crossbow just across the street. After I grab it, you can drive us all out of here, right?” she said quietly, partly hating herself for what she had done. “Whatever you do, don’t breathe in the dirt. I will let go of the fog when we leave, and when I do, anything you breathed in will hurt ten times more, ok? Ok. Let’s go.”

20. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Some of the less brave were fleeing through the entrance door trying to avoid a head knocking blow from the crazed monk. The thought they had a chance against a lone friar but they were rudely awaken when every time someone got into his reach they felt the bite of hard wood. The good thing was that he was making a good path towards the door.

Mason finely made his way over towards Cambei and turned his head to see that Fugg was right behind guarding the rear. Fugg had been able to get out of the kitchen and now he had room to draw his sword. He was keeping every one back at a good distance with a threatening swing of the razor sharp steel.

“I think we better get out, wile they are lacking the courage to swam us,” spoke Fugg, who had just severed a hand that had gotten to close.

Mason watched as the hand dropped to the wooden floor, were it began to twitch, “I hear that! The rover is at the back of the building,” Mason quickly holstered his revolver and grabbed his dirk. The long knife gleamed in the dusty air as he pulled it free. He had lots of ammo but to waste it when he didn’t need to was just foolish. And foolishness got a man killed.

They finely broke through the front door into the open. The scorching suns beat down from the cloudless sky. Mason scanned the small village looking for any thing that would pose a possible threat. Now that he had the time to think because Fugg and Cambei were holding the door. He wondered wear Fen had gotten too.

Just as he was about to call the young ones name he heard her soft voice coming from behind. “Cover your mouth and eyes,” was all she said but mason having been through countless battles understood the young girl’s tone of voice. They were not a command or pleads but instructions as if some one was about to throw a grenade.

Mason quickly covered up and was thankful that he did. Just as the cloth went over his face an explosion rocked him off his feet sending him into the hot sand. He kept his face covered for a brief time longer and waited until the soil had stopped raining down on him from above. When he looked there was a crater in the ground as if a house had been dropped from above. The then turned quickly towards fan who looked to be about to fall over. He caught her just as she fell.

“That took a lot out of me,” she said with a weak voice, “the fog should last until we get out of here.”

“Get the dame vehicle,” cried Fugg

“Yes, I would have to agree they do seam to be getting quite mad inside,” Cambei spoke in a still calmly voice.

Mason only nodded towards them and sped off to get the land rover. He had left Fan to rest on her knees so he could get around the building as fast as he could. As Mason raced around the corner he pulled out a small box from is coat. It had two buttons attached to the top one red the other one green. He pressed the red button and tucked the box back into his coat.

The land rover sat at the very next turn. Along side of the Rover was the barrel of water that was fatefully deliver but he had no time to load it aboard every second counted. He did although remove a full box of ammunition that he had promised the Baron. He then reached into the light brown S.U.V and removed a grenade from another box. He pulled the pin and carefully set it inside of the ammo box so that the lid kept the plunger tight until some one opened it. “For you my baron,” he quietly laughed to know one then hoped inside the Land rover leaving the surprise for the greedy baron or the person who started the brawl inside.

His mercenary instincts told him that they were set up but there was nothing else to do but get the hell out. He started the rover with a push button that he had rigged up and the V8 engine coughed into life, releasing a puff of black smoke. He slammed it into gear and raced around the building.

When he reached the front he screamed “every one in, lets get the hell out of dodge!”

Reaching under his seat he pulled out a small automatic hand gun to give Cambei and Fugg some covering fire when they released the door.

The mac -10 placed a bust into the door frame scaring the people out of the way and allowing every one a chance to get in.

Search tags for this page

how to use sedril leaf for protection

sedril leave to protect