RPG # 15 - The Artifact of Kiri-Jolith

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by Nienor, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    As Dyami was searching the demon, she could hear the heated words between the two brothers. Soon, she could hear fists flying and more words passed in their elven language. She could feel the hatred of Svartnir… and of Aelor. Both of their hatred was toward her. Dyami could have cursed her loose language. Even though she has been with this other group for some time, she still thought with the critical mind of an assassin. And why wouldn’t she? She has only been under the wing of a powerful assassin clan for nearly all her life. Still… her words had no heart, and it was unfair for the elf to hear them, and the unconscious mage as well…. Especially since in truth, Dyami did feel pity for the mage as well.

Not too long later, the group started marching once more to the veil of vipers. The terrain was getting steep and increasingly rocky, and the air was getting increasingly colder. The lower temperature seemed like the only refuge from the mixture of emotions the others were giving off in their movements and energy. Hatred mixed with joy… an overall feeling of awkwardness to say the least… The group was gaining in number, (Dyami was pleasantly surprised that even Stag decided to stay around, although she did not know exactly why yet) but it seemed they were losing strength in closeness. Such a problem could easily be their downfall.

As night fell, Dack finally decided to stop for camp within the protection of a small fir forest. A fire was started and the rest sat and waited for sleep to take them. It was a good a time as any. The kagonesti brothers were sitting off to the side and watching over the resting black mage. Dyami went toward them and perched herself on the ground beside Svartnir… He wouldn’t even glance at her, but after a few moments of her just sitting there, waiting patiently, he finally spoke up. “I do not wish to speak to you at this moment, please leave...” He said in a polite, but stony tone.

“Then simply listen.” Dyami answered in a calm voice, watching the mage’s form instead of the brothers. “I apologize for my words earlier. I was thinking out loud… logically… critically… with no heart. They were the words of a trained assassin who has killed many to survive and would do whatever must be done to protect the comrades she was… is with. You would be surprised how many times pity for one life has led to the death of many in my line of work.” This was an understatement. No one minded double-crossing an elite assassin and his or her team. Back then, the only one a shadowblade could trust was another shadowblade… another member of their family. “It is obvious that you are one who believes in withholding judgment on those you don’t fully know or understand. I wish that you may be able to do the same for me….” Dyami stood and started to head deeper into the forest. She did not look at Svartnir so she could not read his reaction… doing so would be rude at such a moment anyway. “Oh,” Dyami stopped, remembering something. “And next time my words offend you, turn your fist towards me instead of your brother. Seeing you two fight… it’s like an act against nature itself.” And with that, she was gone.

In the shadows she could hear Stag’s voice rise from wherever he was and Dyami decided to sit within the branches close to him and listen… wrapped within the fir’s darkness, she did what Dyami did best: watch, listen, and guard.

2. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Svartnir didn't feel like talking to the assassin, but he politely listened what she had to say. She talked about withholding judgment, what did she know about his way of thinking? This had nothing to do with it... She thought he... Just like Aelor. Dyami's last words lifted Svartnir from his own thoughts:

“And next time my words offend you, turn your fist towards me instead of your brother. Seeing you two fight… it’s like an act against nature itself.”

It wasn't just your words, it was his words too, Svartnir thought to himself. But as he saw Aelor looking at him, first with a harsh look, but then grinning slightly, he couldn't judge his brother. After all, he couldn't blame him for not knowing the truth.. Maybe he would tell him..

''Aelor?'', he called his brother who looked at him again and came to sit next to him. Svartnir took a deep breath and then started talking in their kagonesti language. He felt that it was easy to tell things in his mother language and he didn't want others to understand what he was about to tell to his flesh and blood.

As Svartnir told his story, Aelors face turned all white and his eyes got really big. His brothers words echoed in his head and he felt himself really sick. For a moment it looked like they would start another fist fight, but instead Aelor hugged his brother, silently whispering:
    ''I'm sorry..''
    Then he rose from the ground and walked behind some bush to throw up. His stomach had gone upside down and his head felt heavy. He tried to get up but his legs refused to carry him. So he just leaned his back to some tree and silently started to cry.

It wasn't long after Aelor's leave 'till the mage started to wake up. Svartnir had carried her all day, but luckily he had strength and the mage didn't weight too much. She first opened her eyes and looked around and first saw Svartnir sitting nex to her, garding her sleep.
    She was amazed that they had let her live and even took her with them. She looked at the kagonesti and smiled. She herd someone aproaching and herd the kagonesti saying:

''My name is Svartnir, lady..?''
    ''Lunalath'', she replied with a screetching voice. Someone gave her water and she drank it all at once. Then she looked around and saw many familiar, yet also unfamiliar faces.
    Crap, she thought to herself...

3. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    They were able to make camp easily enough, Dack had the feeling everyone could use some rest. So after consulting Chris he called for everyone to settle down for the night. Everyone seemed calm, but there was still a lot of tension in the air. They built a small fire out of necessity, but no one warmed themselves on it. Dack looked around, Svartnir and Aelor were exchanging dirty looks, Dynami went to the shadows to keep an eye on things, Stag sat against a tree a few feet from Dack and quietly sang his little tune, Max sat near Stag, enjoying the song, Chris sat by himself, smoking his pipe and looking at the stars, and Dack hadn't seen Rulta in a while.

It seemed Max was the only one who'd kept the mission in mind the whole time, or at least that's what Dack thought. She hadn't really said much through this whole crazy ordeal. Svartnir called over to Aelor, and with some words it seemed as though their division was healed. Still, Aelor's reaction rang of some tragedy. Nothing like death to bring people together; Dack had learned this many times during his life. That was the trouble of being raised outside your race. After spending a few seconds with similar thoughts he finally fell asleep as the song Stag sang slowed down, the last thing he saw was the dark mage waking up.

4. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    The night had almost come and gone without much interest. But, an hour or so before the sunrise, the black mage stirred. Svartnir and Aelor were awake as well, giving her calm smiles and welcome as she woke from her sleep and took in the unfamiliar sights. Dyami couldn’t help but smile as the mage’s face changed from tired curiosity to an expression of fear, bordering on horror, as she realized where she was.

Dyami understood well enough that how this elven mage was to be treated was completely in the hands of the Kagonesti brothers. Pity, Dyami had so many questions she would have liked to ask: Such as if Dyami’s guess was correct about Darius killing the girl’s brother, or whatever happened to their group afterwards, and most importantly, see if this girl could be given a shred of trust. With mistrust mixing with pity, Dyami truly felt neutral to this being… well, the only way she was to find out anything, was to watch. With that, Dyami went and perched on a branch in open view of everyone, to learn, and to silently instate that she would be keeping a close eye on…

“Lunalath” so… that was her name.

5. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Chris felt better now that Dack had confronted him of the new members. More than anyone, he trusted Dack. He had trusted him from nearly the beginning of the quest, and still did. He was the only one he did trust, except for Egrin, and we know what happened there.

Ah well.. Chris took a deep breath of cold afternoon air, he had alot of thinking to do. He did trust Dack, but he sensed that Dack wasn't to sure about any of this either. I mean letting so many new people on in such a short time. Egrin wouldn't have stood for this. He would of made sure the new members were on their side, and then make sure that their skills were up to par.

Why couldn't he forget about Egrin? Chris guessed it was just the loss of tough, non moving leadership. Or was it something, something more... Had they had a friendship? In his life, Chris had not had many true friends, or untrue friends truly. A tear rolled down Chris' cheek. He quickly wiped it off trying to forget of him. He lie down, this time to sleep. A deep thoughful sleep of dreams- no not dreams. No, dreams were false lies belived by children so they would have something to live for. Dreams were lies. Thoughts were structured thoughts of true events, not of fairy tales, and stories. Straight up lies were all they were. In seconds he was in a halusinating trance. One called sleep.

6. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lunalath was thankful for the kind treatment of the two kagonesti brothers. She was smart enough to realize that they were prolly the only thing that kept the others from treating her like a total prisoner. Though that was what she was, a prisoner. Except for one of them, the one who trusted her blindly and had given his heart to her years earlier. Svartnir was attending her old wounds when Luna said in elvish she knew he'd understand:

''Things didn't go quite according to the plans, eh?''
    ''No, my lady.. But I think we'll manage'', he replied and smiled. They both knew it was about THEIR plan, but their words made it seem as they were just speaking about the current situation.
    They were supposed to meat at the little town and carry on from that. But they couldn't have even dreamed that Luna would lose her brother where as Svartnir would be reunited with his own. Things had gotten more complicated and things had changed.

Svartnir took a piece of travelbread from his bag and gave it to Lunalath. Oh how he wanted to embrace the woman at that spot, how he wanted just to run away with her to some great and pieceful forest and dissapeare from the world. But as those thoughts run thru his mind, a silent mind reminded in his head, You promised to help her to find the artifact. You know that otherwise you wont have her, she wont be free, she serves ME.... You keep that in your mind... Even when the sound of lord Nuitari rang in his mind, Svartnir's face wsa like stone. Unlike his brother, he could hide his feelings totally from others.
    And if Lunalath hadn't seen a small spark of light in his eyes, she would too would have thought that he truly was as cold as the stone.

Aelor sat next to his brother observing the mage and asking some questions from her. Where she came from and what she knew about the other group. The mage answered that where she came from wasn't vital for the current situation and all she knew from the other group was that Darius had propably killed the others and as far as she knew, there was no other group anymore. She didn't tell him about Kelevandros and his brutal murder, but it was clear she hated Darius for the way her eyes narrowed as she spoke of him and the way she spit his name out of her mouth.

7. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack woke up as the sun was coming up. He stood and stretched for a few moments before pulling out the map to make a quick assessment of things. As far as he could tell they had one more day's march to the vale of vipers. Dack managed to overhear Lunalath's information on the other group, or former other group. She had a certain malice for this Darius character, who she said probably killed the rest of that group. Dack hadn't managed to gather the names of any of that other team, so he desided to interject.

"This Darius, who's he?" Dack asked. He could tell she hadn't expected him to address her, but she wasn't shocked, and quickly replied. "He's a cursed human, he always dresses in pure black and wears a sword on either hip. He's one of the foulest beings I've ever met," she told him. That meant he was probably the one who'd fought Chris earlier, as well as the demon. Dack took a second, then nodded in understanding and went about his business.

Dack thought over the way things were shaping up. They were heading into a veritable hell to recover something that no one was sure of what it was. They had a giant who liked his pipe, two brothers, a youngish female mage no doubt with more power than she let on, an unusual creature, and Dack right in the middle of it all. Not to mention Dynami and Max. It was odd for Dack, but since coming to Krynn things had always felt different than back home. Now that he was with this group, he actually almost felt like he was back there. However he didn't forsee any of what was waiting for them all at their destination.

8. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Chris was aroused by the sun shining brightly in his eyes. So a new day had started already. Hm... he stood up and looked around at his companions, then shook his head. They were the most unlikely crew. Like something you would read in a book. Ah, well. He was stuck with them. He chuckled sititng back down.

He was starved but kept the hunger to himself. He was running low on supplies, and he couldn't waste any at such a time. Suddenly, he overheard Lunalath speaking of the members of the group that they had fought ealier, and were on the road to the same prize as. Which he truly had no knowedge of.

"This Darius, who's he?" Dack asked, suddenly cutting into the coversation of the others.

"He's a cursed human, he always dresses in pure black and wears a sword on either hip. He's one of the foulest beings I've ever met," Lunalath quickly answered, seemily a little suprsied of his sudden cutting in.

So that hellworm i was fighting earlier was Darius. Next time i face him, hes going down. I swear upon that. By the lance of huma i swear.

9. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    As the group continued, Dyami noticed that the tension between comrades has only slackened a tiny amount. Aelor still wasn’t talking to her and, interestingly enough, the most amount of tension seemed to be between Lunalath and her guardian, Svartnir. Most people who are captured usually warm up quickly to someone who protected them (to either seduce or befriend is different matter)… and Svartnir’s change in attitude... Dyami could tell something else was going on. But how does she prove it? Well, everyone else got their chance to ask questions….

Dyami changed her pace until she was shoulder to shoulder to Lunalath. Svartnir was at the mage’s other side, and looking across with a slight scowl. “I know I have shown nothing but suspicion for you, but I’m a being who likes to understand the motives of others. My question for you is simple: why should any of us trust you? I know well enough that you aided us with the demon, but then again, so did Darius. Obviously, none of us trust Darius. So, why in the name of Fate should we trust you to not turn on us when it’s most convenient for you?” Dyami said, turning in a way to block Lunalath from continuing.

It was a logical enough question… especially since Luna was walking with no shackles and, being surrounded by the rest of the group, was only words away from doing great damage. If Luna could come up with a good answer, then Dyami would do her best to respectfully back off.

10. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack watched Dynami move in close to Lunalath. He noted in particular the look on Svartnir's face. Dack's hand went to the handle of his sword as he loosed it in it's scabbard. This had the potential to go over as smoothly as things could for the group given the circumstances, or degenerate until they splintered and fell apart. Dack was more prepared for the latter.

“I know I have shown nothing but suspicion for you, but I’m a being who likes to understand the motives of others. My question for you is simple: why should any of us trust you? I know well enough that you aided us with the demon, but then again, so did Darius. Obviously, none of us trust Darius. So, why in the name of Fate should we trust you to not turn on us when it’s most convenient for you?” Dyami said, turning in a way to block Lunalath from continuing.

The elf saw the logic in Dynami's decision to continue. He knew Dynami could read Lunalath like a book, she'd shown that several times. Dack also knew Dynami was the only one who could determine if it really was a good idea for them to bring her with them. Still, Svartnir looked ready to face them all on a moment's notice. The wild card here was Aelor, if it came down to it, would he be loyal to them, or his brother?

11. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Svartnir at her side, Lunalath felt quite relaxed and safe even considering she was amongst people (and one bull as she liked to think of the minotaur) who didn't trust her. But still, she couldn't help but to feel safer than what she had felt while she was with Darius and even with Kelevendros, her own brother. She noticed the female called Dyami approaching her from the otherside. Soon she was walking between the female and Svartnir and wasn't really suprised when Dyami spoke at her:

“I know I have shown nothing but suspicion for you, but I’m a being who likes to understand the motives of others. My question for you is simple: why should any of us trust you? I know well enough that you aided us with the demon, but then again, so did Darius. Obviously, none of us trust Darius. So, why in the name of Fate should we trust you to not turn on us when it’s most convenient for you?”

Lunalath stopped and looked at Dyami in the eyes with a faint smile on her face.

''I could answer by saying that I'm not Darius and therefor I'm more trustable. But it is true there are other deseptive people who are very different from Darius... And that is why I recommend you NOT to trust in me. I do not serve only myself like Darius, but that does not mean I wouldn't turn against you when it is the most convinien for the one I serve. But can you honestly say that if you had the chance to get what your heart desires the most, you wouldn't hurt few peoples for it?

But no, I wont deceive you right now. Because even though I wear this black robe, it doesn't make me a fool. It doesn't mean I want to slice and mutile the innocent that cross my path, now does it?'' Lunalath said and laughed. She didn't want to lie to these people, like she didn't want to lie to anyone. She hated liers, especially one that carried the name Darius.

She could still picture his face and voice when he came to tell how regrettably sorry he was for Kel's death. Lunalath had swored, she would make him beg for death and never to give him one.

Svartnir Didn't interrupt the conversation with the two females, but he whispered to Aelor with kagonesti:

''If anything happens, you will stand by me right?''

Aelor looked at him with a serius expression on his face and took Svartnirs hand in his own.

''Brothers in blood and sould, remember. We're all there is left.''

Svartnir nod and smirked a little, that was the answer he had wanted to hear. He had no intentions to turn against his new group. Even though he was a veteran as a fighter and had trained every part of his body, he doubted he could survive from a battle with these people. But he needed to know if his Aelor was still the same person that left the Blackswan village years back; His only brother.

12. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack let out a sigh of relief at Lunalath's answer. It was the best answer she could have given all things considered. She had made it clear that she had no intentions to do them ill, but at the same time she made certain to tell them she wouldn't hesitate to do so. It would have been nice not to have had to fight her at all, but knowing she wouldn't kill them in their sleep was always a plus.

Not long after that they all managed to get some sleep and the next day they were off again. They all knew when they'd reached the vale due to a dramatic change of scenery. The forest they'd come through was nice and leafy, however almost instantly they were in a vast desert with a small chain of mountains not too far off from where they were. That was where they'd find the relic. Clouds had gathered in the sky, there was a storm approaching. They hurried to the mountains and found the cave where the artifact was hidden just as the rain started to come down.

The cave was high enough up the mountain that it wouldn't flood, but Dack still wanted to get down here as quickly as possible. Looking into the hole that would lead them to Darius, Divida, and the artifact Dack volunteered to go in first. "Well, here goes nothing I guess..." and then he disappeared into the darkness below. It was unfortunate none of them had torches, but there was just enough light to see in the cavern.

13. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Dyami nodded respectfully to Lunalath’s answer. All Dyami wanted was the truth, and Luna was able go provide…. Dyami had to even smile at Luna turning the tables and asking Dyami if she would harm and/or kill to get something of great value… and of course, she would. She was an assassin, was she not? “Very well then, for the benefit of both parties, I only hope you can see the reason in getting rid of Darius and Firebane before you turn.” Dyami said as they continued to walk.

Luna just cracked a smirk herself. “We’ll see.” Dyami couldn’t help but feel respect for the mage…. It would be a pity when they would have to fight each other… in other circumstances, her and Luna would have made good traveling partners.

Another night has passed and Dyami could feel the swirl of conflict ahead of them… a lot of fighting… Dyami could distinctly sense Darius and his teleporting abilities. Another foreboding sign was the dramatic change in scenery: the forest was gone, only desert and mountain lay out before them.

Finally, they reached the cavern and all that lurks below… Luckily for Dyami, her demonic abilities allowed her to see relatively well in low light, and her senses would be able to pick out any and all dangers. "Well, here goes nothing I guess..." Dack said, as his speech of encouragement. As the others filed in, Dyami slipped off her dark cloak, revealing her total arsenal and black leather armor. In here, there would be no reason to hide… the cloak would only hinder her movements. Unsheathing her rapier, and a dagger, she followed the others into the darkness.

As the light slipped behind, a sudden thought crossed Dyami’s mind: if Luna turned, would she be fighting Aelor as well? It was not an encouraging notion.

14. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The atmosphere seemed to get lighter when Dyami and Lunalath had had their conversation. Aelor started to blabber to Svartnir about almost anything, just like he used to Svartnir remembered. But now he could also see a hint of paint on his brothers face. And a small change in his voice as he spoke of the past.

And it truly haunted Aelor, the past. He couldn't help himself wondering how it had been to see all of his family to be killed, to be slaughtered, to be mutilated and raped and and... His head felt blurry again. He hadn't even notice the scenery to change, so sunken he had been to his own thoughts. But now he saw it, a vast desert and a chain of mountains opening infront of him. And even though he was a child of the woods, he couldn't help but to wonder the great majestetic mountains.

To Lunalath, the desert was nothing new. She had been to deserts before during her travels to find special ingrediants to her spells. Some of them very powerful. She couldn't wait until she could try some of them to Darius and that fool of a mage called Firebane. No, they didn't even have a hint of the powers she beheld. After almost a century of studying the dark art, she knew some pettiful human wouldn't beat her in a magick fight.. But, it would still be very very interesting...

Aas they reached the cave, Aelor and Svartnir weren't worried about how well they could walk in the dark 'cause they were veterans in walking in the darkness. And Lunalath was even less worried of the darkness.
    She whispered a magical word which set free a black light from her staff, the black light of the moon of her god Nuitari, only visible for his servants. So everytime she herd someone stubling, she couldn't help but to grin since she was the only one walking in the light, which noone else could see... But at the same time she ironed her mind and will and thought of the magick words in her mind so she would be ready for the battles to come. After all, she had no idea who she would have to fight against in the end.

In the blinding darkness Svartnir was still walking besides Lunalath. And in that covering darkness he reached her hand and held it tight. And all he could think of for a small moment was:

''If I survive from this battle, if my dear Luna survives from this battle, I swear I will finally marry her.''

15. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Suddenly, the scencery changed. Gone was the pale green light, gone was the leaves overheard. Now they entered a desert, followed by a range of mountians. Things like this is what Chris called a wasteland. So this is wear the vale of vipers was. And the artifact they had so longed to get. Now that he thought of it, the only reason he came was for the money. What was this artifact, who knew what is was? No one really knew, by what he guessed. But some of the group members were mysterious and could be hiding alot from him.

While still thinking these same thoughts- Chris and the group came to the cavern containing the aftifact.

Dack voulenteered to go first, into the unknowing and unloving darkness. Of course none of them had torches. Not with their luck.

16. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack could hear the sounds of battle echoing from far down the cavern. He was eager to get there, but first they had to make it through the series of traps that were in their way. Being an elf, and a former dungeon crawler, Dack could almost, feel traps in the visinity. Using the stone method most of these were triggered before they could be injured.

The tensions that had grown between the group seemed to have faded with the excitement they all felt with the battle they knew was coming. Dack knew this rush well. It seemed like every quest he'd been on since he'd met Shifter, Draconis, and all the others always took him to the brink of oblivion. It was always at this point in these journies that he longed for a good old fashion dungeon crawl where his bigget worry was if that was a wyvern around the corner.

Still, this was a good team, at least for as long as they all stayed together. They pased a mangled corpse with bite marks on his neck. Dack wondered what had done that. He didn't have much more time to think of it, because finally, they reached what was apparently their goal. The man who'd been clad in black at their battle with the demon, holding what he gathered to be the artifact. Dack drew his sword as the man in black turned and did the same. This was gonna be some party...

17. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Dyami could sense the battle ahead… Rune was already dead…Darius and Divida were fighting… By the feel of her power, she had the artifact. Dyami shivered at the idea. Divida seemed like a being that would be difficult to defeat even if everyone set aside their differences and attacked her. Then, to Dyami’s surprise, she could feel Divida’s amazing life force start to slip away… she was dying. She was actually being defeated by Darius! After a few moments of searching the caverns, the entire group saw what Dyami had felt: there was Darius, covered in the blood of Rune and Divida, holding the artifact in his hand. The others drew their weapons (and spells) and got ready to attack.

It seemed hardly fair: so many against one… Then again, Darius did just kill Divida and had the artifact, so he must have had been holding back a tremendous amount of strength and power when Dyami saw him before… or had an uncanny amount of luck for a cursed man.… Plus… he was not alone. Dyami could feel the chaos being hiding between dimensions, soaking up the chaos that was created from the battles. Well, if everyone was going for Darius, Dyami decided she would finish off this partner of his herself.

Dyami threw a dagger at the spot where the creature was hiding, stabbing it in the arm, causing her to become visible. “I have been waiting a long time for this battle.” She said.

“Good. So have I.” Answered Dyami. And with that, Dyami pulled out her rapier and her longest dagger, and attacked.

18. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack saw Dynami catch the shadow being off guard. It would be tough to beat this guy without her helping them, but it was better this way, Dack wasn't fond of daggers in his back. The man with the artifact put it into some hidden pocket and drew his swords, he was testing the water, Dack had two choices, go all out and hope to kill him right away, or hold back to surprise him later. There was a flash of magic as a giant ball of flame errupted from Luna's hands. She wasn't holding anything back, Dack doubted most of the others, especially Chris, would. So Dack would keep some tricks up his sleeve, just in case.

As the fireball crashed into the wall there was no scream to accompany it, it missed. Or had it, Dack felt a sudden weight on his shoulders. The elf wasn't dumb, he'd seen this trick before. The elf broke into a run just as Darius' sword would have been embedded in his skull. The human landed easily, but now he had a vengeful Chris to deal with.

The minotaur swung his axe strait down, trying to split Darius down the middle, the human suddenly vanished, melting into the ground, then came back up behind Chris. The human was ready to impale the minotaur on his swords, but before he got the chance Dack ran in and drop kicked him back. Now Aelor and Svartnir took over. Darius' blades whirled as they met the brother's assault. Quickly Darius turned the tides against the double team as his blades speed increased, in the dulled light the could barely follow the movements of his weapons, however there was one who could, and Darius learned this when he was tripped up by Max's staff.

This gave Luna a clear shot, quickly railing off the spell she fired a magic missile into the man she hated so much. Darius was now in a bad way, his body was caught before hitting the ground by Rulta's spell which flung him into the cavern's roof, then back down to the ground. Darius rolled to avoid a killing stroke from Chris' axe and was quickly back on his feet. Thinking quickly the human moved to begin immobalizing heros. In one sudden dash Max and Rulta were on the ground. Dack would have stopped, but they were still breathing, and he had this sneaky bastard to worry about.

19. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    (OOC. Don't touch my character even though I have been away. I had some serious business to take care of and when I get back I see someone has controlled my charry's. And all wrong! Magick missiles? Such an easy spell, no way I would have used that.)

Lunalath's awareness arouse as she could sence the scent of the murderer of her brother. She grinned wildly and started to gather her inner power. She would have to start lightly, then go into difficult spells. Wear him off, that was what she was going to do. And if someone comes standing on my way, well, too bad.., she thought to herself.

The kagonesti brothers took their bows from their back and kept them ready. They strained their sences and walked onwards. Svartnir was going to do his best to protect Lunalath, that was how they had usually fought when they had accompanied each others in battles before this journey. She powerful enough to take care of almost any enemy and Svartnir also knew that she had to do this, she had to kill Darius.

Dyami was the first to get into action, but at the second Lunalath saw Darius she sent a giant fireball to greet him. She knew it wouldn't propaböy hit him, but he lost some of his energy everytime he had to dodge an attack.
    Just as she had already known, soon Darius attacked Dack wildly. Chris was immediatly as his side, swunging with his gigantic axe. But they were too slow. Way too slow, Luna noted and looked for the 'speeding' spell from her memory. It would come handy soon.

Aelor and Svartnir had no clear shot to use their bows, so like from some secret mark they put them away at the same time and pulled their wepons; Aelor with his double swords and Svartnir with his hammer. But as soon as they faced this man, they noticed they were in trouble. His speed was too fast, only thing that kept his swords away from their flesh was their teamwork. If they would have been alone, they would be dead by now.

Lunalath put protection spells upon herself while the kagonesti brothers fought with Darius; stone skin, protection versus weapons, shield...and at last the speeding spell. She wanted to be prepared.
    When the blind one, Max, hit the cursed human with her staff, Lunalath quickly sent a swarm of magick missiles to him. Then Rulta made a spell, which sent Darius to the roof and back. Lunalath laughed heartly at that sight and gave a warm smile to Rulta who was standing next to her.
    She held her staff and sent a blindling ray of light to Darius. She wanted to be nice to him, maybe this scorhing light would finally show him what Light is like. She giggled at that thought..

20. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Chris kept missing by a slight margin. But then the misses got more clumbsy and so did his axe. This cursed human was of godly speed and agilty, doging there, counter attacking here. Chris felt like he was in the was once or twice as Dack had to save his hairy butt. But even he had to slow eventually; right?

Nearly everyone went at Darius using their unique skills. CHris had streghth, Lunalath had magic, exsetra, exsetra. Chris hoped it would be enough to take down this amazing fighter. Just like in the first fight, he seemed to be overpowering him, but now it was everyone. Darus was tough, VERY tough and wasn't going to be taken down easily or without a fight.

Lunalath staff suddenly light up, it was Lunalaths turn. sending a blinding ray towards the damned human Daruias or whatever his cursed name was.