RPG # 15 - The Artifact of Kiri-Jolith

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by Nienor, Mar 14, 2006.

1. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The female rose from her seat and watched Svartnir to his black eyes.

“It is an honor to meet you Svartnir. I am Dyami. Your brother has told me with warm memories about your village and your people. I am sure one of your talents would be appreciated amongst the others,” She said and turned to the elf Svartnir had been following at the beginning.Svartnir looked at his brother to ask a question, but he forgot it as soon as he saw the longing look in Aelor's eyes.
    Dyami eh? he thought to himself. This will be interesting...
    He knocked Aelors side and made a small grin.

Aelor looked at Svartnir with a serious look. But he then started to smile. He thought how silly they must look like, just like two little boys. Like they used to be...

“I will take my post now. I suggest we leave at daybreak…” Then Dyami was gone.

Aelor looked at Chris and Dack and said silently:

''She is right, we can't stay here for too long. You never know when they're going to fight us...''

''Who will?'' Svartnir interrupted. Aelor sighed and looked at his companions apologizingly. He then turned to his brother and started explaining the situation shortly to him in kagonesti. Svartnir looked serious, he understood how important this task was. Aas Aelor finished his story, Svartnir nod and said:

''I understand brother, me and my hammer will help you as best as we can.''

Aelor grinned widely and slap Svartnirs shoulder. Dack and Chris told them to get moving. They would be moving forward soon...

2. Ranna

Ranna The Wayfarer

Call me a nomad, for I travel with the wind.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Max went to the first temple she could locate. It was an old one of Kiri-Jolith. Smiling, she payed homage to the god, and then left.

Heading back to the inn where they were supposed to meet she knew she was late. As she entered an alley, she lightly let her fingertips brush the cool wall, and closed her eyes as the warm raindrops began to fall. She smiled, simply enjoying it while it lasted. Laughing to herself, she said softly, "I should have been a cleric." Her peaceful walk to the inn was broken when she heard a very slight sound of someone skillfully scaling the wall which she touched. She rested her staff against her shoulder as the noise seemed to stop. The person was around the corner, so hadn't seen her yet most likely, so Max shrugged and continued toward the Inn's door. As she pasted who ever was up there, she said in a light voice, "Good evening, if I may be so rude to ask what the heck your doing up there?" She stopped and leaned up against the opposite wall facing the other and listening intently.

(OOC: Sorry, it's just a fast jump in)

3. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Only a mere moment passed when Dyami felt the presence of Max brush by the Inn. The tapping of her staff was clear in the night air. "Good evening, if I may be so rude to ask what the heck your doing up there?" Well, her talents with her hearing were definitely remarkable. Dyami knew she didn’t need to shout. “Just one who prefers the outdoors instead of the Inn.” Dyami said lightly, knowing that Max would identify the voice. “I’ll be keeping watch for the rest of you tonight. Ask the others of any news, they will gladly fill you in on anything you may have missed.” Daymi was purposefully being vague… she didn’t know why yet, but she felt she should be cautious with her words. Then Dyami relaxed once again and let her thoughts about the day float freely.

But even as her mind did so, her instincts drawn in the raining darkness of her surroundings, and made her one with them. It was only then that Dyami sensed the other. He too, was one with his surroundings… a darker shadow amongst the many rooftop shades. He was hiding behind an outcropping of an adjacent building, watching, waiting. Without moving her eyes so not to give her knowledge of him away, she pulled her concentration toward so as to identify him… ah. It’s the mysterious leader of their enemy group. It was this figure alone which had given her second thoughts when she pulled her alliance to those she was now with. How convenient that she will be able to share a few words with him… or at least a round with the blades. Either way, he still held great interest within her.

Dyami decided to start off friendly enough… a dagger was thrown, striking the outcropping beside him, singing as it nestled its blade into the shingles. Unsurprisingly, the stranger didn’t flinch, but pulled himself out of his hiding spot, so as to meet her eyes with his.

Between the darkness, their eyes were the only things that were truly visible to each other.

“A shadow can always find one of its own, my brother of darkness.” Dyami spoke in a quiet, but crystal tone. The statement was actually a common greeting among the Shadowblades but worked well for this occasion. “Tell me, have you killed off each other in your own conspiracies yet, or are you still struggling with the importance of your many twisted goals?” Dyami could tell she had hit a note of truth with a small flicker from the other’s eyes. It was always the way of conspiracy… Dyami had predicted such before she left the edges of the battlefield. Now she could only wait for the other to respond….

He would either attack, or would respond with a passive-aggressive speech of his own… Both of which Dyami was ready for.

4. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack had a sneeking suspicion he was being watched, even after Svartnir had revealed himself. He didn't let on about it but he could see to some degree that Dynami was becoming more alert. Pulling his sword just the slightest bit out of it's scabbard he saw the blade was glowing a dull blue. Putting the weapon away he knew his suspicions were confirmed. When he looked up Dynami was gone. Probably to address this possible threat. Dack would be on his guard anyway, just in case...
    Darius was a bit surprised when the dagger embedded itself into the roof only a few feet from him. But he still didn't move, at least, not in the surprised sort of way. He stood awaiting th arrival of whoever it was that had thrown the thing. Most likely that strange looking woman who accompanied the other group. Darius had made a mistake in staying o near them, he'd forgotten all about her, now he had to live with that mistake.

“A shadow can always find one of its own, my brother of darkness.” She spoke in a clear tone, as though she'd done this exact thing before. “Tell me, have you killed off each other in your own conspiracies yet, or are you still struggling with the importance of your many twisted goals?”

Darius' eyes narrowed, she knew that his party was experiencing some trouble. It wasn't a hard thing to see, "For the time being we've discarded our own agendas to achieve a common goal. After we've taken care of the loose ends we'll deside just what will become of your party, and of the relic." Darius had a feeling this woman knew his goal in coming into the city, and if she didn't already, she could figure it out. Still, he had no reason to worry about these people, they hadn't shown the ability to defeat him thus far, and he had the means to evade them if they could.

5. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    "For the time being we've discarded our own agendas to achieve a common goal. After we've taken care of the loose ends we'll decide just what will become of your party, and of the relic." It was somewhat surprising that this fellow shadow would divulge any information about his group… let alone admitting that their group was in fact having internal difficulties and that their goal, indeed was the relic. It was difficult to say whether he was simply being overconfident with his information, or was intelligent enough to know that no matter what he said, the truth would have already been revealed. There was only one way to be sure…. Pity it will probably end this awkward, but interesting conversation…

“Oh? Even Firebane? Now that I find difficult to believe.” Another flicker of irritation passed over the other’s eyes. Obviously there is something… or someone… he excluded from whatever pact he and the others have made. He drew himself up… did Dyami go too far? She copied his movements, cautiously standing her full length… getting ready in case the other decided to strike.

6. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    “Oh? Even Firebane? Now that I find difficult to believe.”

Darius' eyes narrowed. That hurt. He clenched his hands as he stood. He had to fight down his anger, she was testing him. Almsot mocking him with this remark. But he had to keep his cool, he was in need of these people, if only for a moment. "Oh yes, Divida, she was the one who suggested we band together." He lied through his teeth and he knew she saw this. But that didn't matter. What did matter was getting that map. That was all that was important right now.

7. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    ''Where are we heading Aelor? I was thinking, maybe my skills would help us to pick a safe and fast way. I've been around a lot, maybe I've been there where we now head to'', Svartnir whispered to his brother. Aelor looked at him and rubbed his bare jaw. He could never grow a beard, it was something he had inherited from his elven mother.
    ''Hmmm, you might be right. Were heading to the Valley of the Vipers. Ever herd of it?''

''I think so. But place names aren't so important to me, I look at the grounds and the surrounding. You don't happen to have a map of some kind?''

''Oh but we do'', Aelor said and gave his brother a big grin. He walked to Chris and Dack and said to them that Svartnir might be a great help during their journey and that he could pick a route that's faster than the one they are currently walking.

Svartnir noticed other looking at him, maybe judging, maybe just looking. He couldn't tell. The minotaur didn't seem to care so much, but the elf, he surely looked at him a long time. Svartnir answered to this by looking straight to Dack's eyes, his own almost screaming ''what are you looking at?''.

8. Ranna

Ranna The Wayfarer

Call me a nomad, for I travel with the wind.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    As Max entired the tavern she was greeted by the usual boisterous sounds of a few drunks near the door. The warmth of a comely fire to her right, and then a voice rose above some of the drunks, "What are you looking at?." It sounded familar, but unique. As she slowly made her way to the corner it came from, she tilted her head silently and noticed it sounded like Aelor's voice. She easily made out where the minotaur stood amoung them; Dack was with him, and then two others stood alittle apart. One who had asked the questions was facing Dack, and the other she assumed to be Aelor.

Speaking up, she said, "So, how goes everything?" She directed the question to the entire party, trying to break the tension. "By Dyami's actions, I take it that it may not all be as it seems; or perhaps that is a traveler's caution."

9. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack's grin widened as Svartnir returned his challenging gaze. This one wasn't going to back down from anything. Dack was barely taller than him, but he was much bigger. Still, Svartnir was looking daggers at him for the moment. Granted Dack had started it with that smug look he was wearing. No matter how different things on Krynn seemed from home there were some things that were the same no matter where you went. Elves raised among elves had a great deal of pride to them, but at least here they weren't as quick to jump into a fight. Dack desided not to push it.

He lifted his head slightly and then turned his attention to other matters. This kind of inverted nod was understood as a sign of respect. So for the time being he and Svartnir wouldn't have too tough a time getting along.

As he changed his attention Aelor approached him and Chris. "I think my brother may be of great help to us. He is a very skilled woodsman and would very likely be able to pick a route that will get us to our goal faster. Do you think he could accompany us?"

Dack knew despite the advantages they seemed to have so far the group would need all the help they could get to defeat the other group. And judging by his build this Svartnir knew how to swing that weapon he carried. Plus, getting the journey done faster was always a plus. "Sure, the more the merrier. But only if he'll buy the first round of drinks when this is all said and done," Dack said perhaps louder than he needed to.

10. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    "Sure, the more the merrier. But only if he'll buy the first round of drinks when this is all said and done," Dack said on a loud voice. Aelor looked at his brother who started to laugh with a great voice.
    Svartnir slapped Dack to his back and said with a grin:

''Sure, my new companion. I think I can afford that. Now if you don't mind, I would like to take a look at the map... Or do you have one?''

Aelor sat down to his chair and sunk into his own thoughts for a moment. But he felt restless and the air of the inn seemed to suffocate him. He whispered to the blind one that he would go out and walked away.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    "Oh yes, Divida, she was the one who suggested we band together." Said the stranger. Ha! If it wasn’t for the seriousness of this encounter, Dyami would have bursted in laughter. Such a lie. Hopefully he didn’t take for that much of a fool…. But he didn’t reveal anything about Divida either. Why hasn’t this man attacked or slipped into the shadows? It would have been the sensible thing to do after being caught and bantered with questions. He could easily follow the group from a distance… unless he was trying to find a way to the Vale without them. The map. They have guessed that her band had a map and was trying to get close enough to take it.

If this man was going to leave, she was going to have to make him by force. Yet, her own personal curiosity started to seep into her mind. One more question… Then she would have to get rid of him for the sake of her group.

“Hmmm.” Dyami made sure her face reflected her curiousness and seriousness. “This has gone on long enough… but before we start, I have only one more question: what is your interest in the artifact? As it was made with from a God of light, it couldn’t possibly have any use for you personally. And by your actions after the battlefield, I know you have no true loyalty to Lord Verminaard and his army. So, why do you search for the Artifact of Kiri Jolith?”

12. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    “This has gone on long enough… but before we start, I have only one more question: what is your interest in the artifact? As it was made with from a God of light, it couldn’t possibly have any use for you personally. And by your actions after the battlefield, I know you have no true loyalty to Lord Verminaard and his army. So, why do you search for the Artifact of Kiri Jolith?” So this is where this little chat ended? Very well.

"I seek the artifact as a means to achieve my one true desire. Until it is under the control of the dark mistress I am still a victm to this curse that binds me to darkness." Darius drew put his hands on the hilts of his sword, knowing what this exotic woman had in mind.

13. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    "I seek the artifact as a means to achieve my one true desire. Until it is under the control of the dark mistress I am still a victim to this curse that binds me to darkness." Spoke the shadow as he drew his sword. He spoke the truth. Dyami silently cursed herself for pulling him towards battle. She was relatively sure he would not divulge any more information to her… and she never expected to get anything as personal as that. They were more alike then she first imagined: both were forced into a dark prison of their own physical makeup. Dyami was born with it; this man was cursed with it… very interesting indeed.

For a moment, she actually hesitated: a very rare act for Dyami. Her duty to her group and a small demonic urge for destruction called Dyami to fight as she intended. Yet, a deeper part of her yearned to know more about this cursed man. It was her who had just challenged him… it would be foolish to back down now.

The rain had become a full fledged downpour and lightning scorched the sky. Dyami unsheathed her rapier and a dagger, and swiftly leaped from her roof to his. For a moment, their blades clashed and locked, both were able to see each other’s faces perfectly now. “May I ask for my opponent’s name?” She whispered to him with a dark smile. She knew she was going to enjoy this: she had seen this man in battle and would be able to predict his movements, he was about as fast as her, and was able to teleport.

With Dyami able to keep a step ahead of him, and him able to skip a step, this would be a very fun battle indeed.

14. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    The woman drew her blades in responce and leapt for his rooftop. When their blades met lightning struck, freezing that second. Darius imagined it would have been worthy of a painting, had anyone seen it. They locked in a dead heat and the woman spoke. “May I ask for my opponent’s name?” she asked with a smile. Pushing her back he desided to oblige her. "I am Darius Macinova. The one eyed shadow."

This time he lunged. Instinctively she moved to block, Darius didn't give her the opportunity, teleporting to her back. As he reappeared she spun and flawlessly deflected the attack. So she knew his talents. Darius wished he'd brought Darkwind, unfortunately it was too late, and now he had to finish this himself. The two locked again and then broke. They were at a stalemate, she could plan ahead, and he could move wildly. This would be an interesting challenge.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Black Tattoo

Black Tattoo The Corruptor

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    DarkWind had been watching the spectacle in silence, enjoying every minute of it. Both combatants were too engrossed on their tasks of defense and offense. She thoroughly relished the chaos between the two - but she knew clearly where her loyalties lay.

Whispering to her shadows, she sent them forward to Darius, slithering up his leg to pass the Shadowmancer's message into his ear. "Care for an assist? Or shall I let you continue to entertain me?" they whispered teasingly.

16. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "Feed off of our battle Dark Wind, I'm not in need of your assistance yet."Darius whispered back into the shadows sent by the shade. Darius was currently more interested in facing off with another assassin in single combat than simply destroying her. This duel was fairly even so far, but Darius had a feeling both of them had a few tricks left to use.

As Dack and the others looked over the map he began to wonder where Dynami had gone. He pushed that thought to the back of his head when he got the feeling they were being watched again. And what's more, this one stank of magic.

17. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Darius… Dyami knew she heard the name but had no time to think about it. He lunged, but even as Dyami moved, she could feel him gathering enough power to teleport. By the time he reappeared, she had already spun around and deflected his attack. She could see a smirk grow on his face. Who needs words? Dyami lunged this time, and as she threw herself forward, she slipped out a small dagger with her tail, in case he tried to slip behind her again…. Her tail was not strong enough to stab effectively, but it was great help with balance, and slashing attacks. A moment before their blades would have met again; Darius disappeared, and reappeared close to her side. Yet again, she was ready and if it wasn’t for Darius’s speed, would have effectively given him a nasty slash to the midsection.

Minutes stretched on as the storm raged overhead. Darius and Dyami locked and unlocked blades, leaping from rooftop to rooftop, locked in what would appear to be a dark, but beautiful dance to the death. There was definitely a rhythm to their movements, even though the movements themselves were quite unpredictable to the untrained eye. Both were as equally matched as two beings could get, and from the looks of it, they were both enjoying the challenge thoroughly.

Then, Dyami felt it. The presence of the shadow being lurking somewhere nearby… wait… there is another as well… the magic aura of that weaker black mage. They were probably out there much longer but she was too busy, of course, with the battle at hand. Dyami could only think of only one logical reason for their presence…. All were trying for the map in their own secretive way to increase their chances…. And she fell for it. Dyami would have to think fast, and find some sort of weakness in this opponent… something that she still could not find. Between strikes she decided she would have to go on the offensive and risk injury in hopes to find a weakness through that. And Dyami did just that, pushing her limits and forcing Darius to take more drastic measures to compensate…. He also saw the new openings. As Dyami plunged forward, she was getting slashed here and there by Darius, but she made sure none were fatal, and neither missed a beat in their movements. Blood, a dark crimson-purple started to seep through Dyami’s clothing. There. A slip. Dyami almost cursed herself by the obvious advantage. No matter how talented and fast Darius was, he was still a human male… as a female, smaller, and with demonic grace and a tale, she had a large physical advantage when it came to balance… specially since they were both fighting on steep, slick rooftops.

She had to take it. Dyami didn’t know where the other enemies were, but had a dark feeling that time was precious. Instead of her usual lunge, Dyami slid towards Darius from the side, and then spun around at the last minute so that her back was so close to his chest, they almost touched… a position that seemed almost sexual. Dyami knew that this would leave her back open, but she hoped Darius would hesitate by the boldness of such a move. He did, and for a split second, with her almost leaning against him, Darius simply stood. In that same second, Dyami was close enough to wrap her tail around his ankle and with a strong tug, had him suddenly seeing sky. Five daggers flew from Dyami’s hands, pinning Darius’s arms and legs and the fifth digging into his side… just to make sure he stayed pinned.

“I guess you worked out your differences after all.” Dyami hissed as she bent down toward him. “I’m sorry to spoil your little game, but neither your shade friend of the little mage will be getting close to their goal….” She hated to leave him, but right now Dyami had to warn the others. She could sense elven mage… she was already inside the inn somewhere. Dam. Dyami knew she needed to warn her allies of the danger immediately. She grabbed another dagger, and standing on the ledge of the building, thrown it through the inn’s main window, smashing it, and landed square into the map they were all foolishly gawking at.

If a blood-covered dagger doesn’t get their attention, nothing would.

18. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius had made the greatest mistake an assassin could make. He hesitated, and were he under any different circumstances the dagger in his side would have been all it took to kill him. But Darius was no normal human, he would survive. But one thing haunted his mind as he freed himself. What had she meant? Darius had bluffed when he claimed they'd resolved their squabbles. The only alliance in his party was his own with Dark Wind. He desided it didn't matter, for now he had to get back to the others. "Dark Wind. Keep an eye on her group, track them, and do what you can to copy their map. It doesn't seem I'll be able to get it after all." He made one quick stop, to feed on a passerby, and then he headed back to where he'd left the mage, rogue, and goblin.

Out of the sky it seemed Dynami answered Dack's suspicion that they were in the presence of prying eyes. A dagger covered in blood had been driven into the map. Without hesitation Dack pulled the weapon out of the table and rolled the map back up. He'd moved so quickly the other's hadn't fully realised what had cause suh a reaction, but before they could protest Dack spoke, "We aren't alone here." It was an ambiguous statement, but the others seemed to get what he meant.

19. Black Tattoo

Black Tattoo The Corruptor

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    "Feed off of our battle Dark Wind, I'm not in need of your assistance yet."

Darius's whispered response brought a smile to DarkWind's face. She would feed with pleasure. The Chaos from only the first half of the battle alone had been more than enough to speed her recovery. As she watched the bettle conclude, the smell of blood brought a smile to her lips, Oh the Chaos these mortals create!

Staying by Darius's side, though remaining in her shroad of darkness, the Shadowmancer listened carefully to his words.

"Dark Wind. Keep an eye on her group, track them, and do what you can to copy their map. It doesn't seem I'll be able to get it after all."

"Appearently not." DarkWind replied with a sly smile. With a graceful bow, she drifted through the shadows towards the other group, eager to see what Chaos she could create.

20. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Dyami could hear Dack’s hurried commands from the Inn and the surprised voices of the others. Now, back to Darius… who has disappeared from his place, leaving only a trace of his blood and four of her daggers in the roof. Dyami couldn’t help but smile at his disappearance. Although she won by technicality, she would have loved to finish the battle in a more dignified manner… or at least be able to finish their conversation. Now with him escaped, the chances of such an encounter were very likely. Dyami grabbed her daggers from the roof (one was missing… did Darius take it?) and hurried off to the Inn.

The energy of the Inn was filled with confusion, bordering on chaos. As Dyami walked in no one seemed to even notice her at first, but that suited her just fine… That elven mage… she was here. Dyami closed her eyes to try to feel out the spy… nothing. Either the woman was gone or was talented enough to hide her own magic. Either way, it was a problem indeed. As she opened her eyes, Aelor had turned from his conversation with his brother and spotted her. “Dyami! Are you ok? What happened?” Oh yes, her injuries from Darius’s blade. With her body filled with adrenaline and her mind focused on other matters she had nearly forgotten about them. For a moment, she wondered how the others thought of her slashed cloak, revealing a large amount of her arsenal, and her bluish-red bloodstains.

“For now, I am fine, thank you. As for what happened, let’s just say that our enemies are more or less on top of us, and are bent on getting that map.” Then she tuned to Dack who was pushing his way through the others to get to her. “Dack. I advise we leave immediately.” She didn’t need to say more. Dack nodded and started organizing the group to leave. Dyami was about to leave herself and wait for her companions outside the city when she remembered that there was someone else who could be quite useful. She walked close to Max and spoke in a hushed voice so that no one else could here. “Max. We may have as much as two invisible stalkers following our heels. Although one I can sense easily enough, the other uses magic, and I suspect may be able to cloak her aura. Your hearing is far greater then mine. If you hear anything suspicious, don’t hesitate to speak.” Max gave a nod of understanding and Dyami left. She was irritated with the staring eyes of the locals.

Outside of town, Dyami dressed her wounds and fitted a black cloak she “borrowed” from a closed shop with a cheap lock. When the others arrive, there were going to be a lot of questions to answer. This didn’t concern Dyami much; they deserved to know all that she has learned. What did concern her were the two spies who were, no doubt, following the group even at this moment. There was not much she could do about the mage (at this moment), but…. maybe it was time to come face-to-face with this shadow being. If she was lucky, the encounter will be as fun as it was with Darius.