RPG # 15 - The Artifact of Kiri-Jolith

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by Nienor, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, the question did seem to startle Aelor… but, after a moment of thought, he answered. He spoke of his wild-elvin kindred, the kagonesti… and how he left his people on a quest to find himself. Unfortunately, the only thing he truly found was hardships and the fact that the closest he felt to belonging, was when he was with his elven brethren. But, he feared that he changed so much, he could not go back… Dyami could understand Aelor’s predicament more then he could imagine… an adopted home… the feeling of being in a true family, yet something missing… and leaving… for such a long, long time… Oh, how she missed the Shadowblades.

Aelor had stopped, embarrassed of his own words, and started helping Dyami with the ivy…. It was a pity, she was truly touched by his words. Humanity had all but ripped something of great value from Aelor… his innocence. But, even now she could see that he still was not completely broken. The way he looked through the forest… the trees… to most, (even Dyami herself) that is all they were… ordinary trees… but Aelor saw the trees as towers of true beauty. There were not many adults who could see such a thing. Dyami wondered if Aelor knew how fortunate he was to have such a gift… but before she could tell him so, Aelor himself spoke up.

''Now, tell my lady, why did you join our company?'' …Touché…. Well, it was only fair that Aelor was able to ask difficult questions of his own… Dyami choked down the urge to answer Because your group found me first, And decided to answer him with the same dignity and seriousness that he had shown her. Gathering her memories of the battle once more, Dyami took in a breath of air and answered…

“Although it was Fate which brought me to spy upon the battle, it was the individuals within this party that drawn me toward your side. You see, when I was raised with the Shadowblade Klan, they taught me how to read the thoughts and behaviors of others through their actions. Because of such training, I now see people… differently…” Dyami struggled with a shrug and a light smile. She could feel herself fumbling for the correct words for her thoughts, but she couldn’t stop now, so she continued. “You could say, I have made it a life passion to understand others and their actions. Your group…. Our group… is a mystery to me. Each of you are so different from each other… yet, all fighting for a common goal. Most of us don’t even come from the country that we are risking our lives to protect. So different… so rare… When I was sitting there amongst the shadows, watching this odd company fighting and winning… I was intrigued, and wanted to learn more about you… how and why all of you came together, and your individual pasts… So I joined. I’m sorry if my reasoning is not as honorable as you expected. If it is any constellation, I can honestly say that I will not leave this group, no matter how much I learn. I am no longer an observer, I am one of you, and I would rather die then stand and watch one of my own walk into peril.”

Dyami stopped, realizing that, like Aelor, she said more then what she intended… even more bothersome, was the fact that she practically called Aelor and the others her friends. She couldn’t remember the last time she trusted someone (let alone a group) enough to call them friends. Dyami decided that she would have to doublethink about how involved she wanted to become with this fellowship… before she or Aelor could speak, Dyami sensed someone quickly approaching… Dyami wouldn’t have enough time to tell whether this other was friend or foe before it was too late, so she took the safe approach.

Sensing the other was now in range, Dyami kept her eyes on Aelor and took a dagger from her cloak…. In a sweeping motion, she threw the weapon, making sure that the blade should miss only by a foot or less of the stranger’s head. Only then did she turn to see who was approaching them… Max. The blind one… the silent one. “I apologize Max, I thought you were the enemy, coming to pick off a couple stragglers. If you are here to help, it would be appreciated. Three pairs of hands are better then two.” Dyami gave a smile although she was still unsure if Max could “see” it or not. Dyami herself was both relieved and disappointed. Although this was an opportunity to learn a bit more about the blind yet, skilled fighter, it was an end to the relatively deep conversation she was having with Aelor…. pity.

2. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Aelor listened silently how Dyami told about her motives. About her passion to observe others and their behaviour and life. He felt similar to her. After all, he had spent most of his life observing the surroundings of his. Then she called them friends and regarded herself as one of them. Aelor felt touched by it. By the trust, but at the same time he asked from himself One of who? He didn't even know that himself. They were all so different, maybe even too different. Though she was right that their motives in this journey were the same.

He wanted to tell Dyami that it didn't matter if the land you're saving is your own or not. Everything is linked to the other. So every good thing reflects to yourself and every bad thing aswell.

He suddenly felt fear for this female. He was afraid that this observing of hers would reflect her fear to live the life herself. Or it might lead to it. It's so easy to watch other live. Just looking...
    Dyami looked very experienced when first looked upon. But Aelor was glad to see curiosity in her eyes.

Suddenly Max came to their accompany.

Dymai spoke :“I apologize Max, I thought you were the enemy, coming to pick off a couple stragglers. If you are here to help, it would be appreciated. Three pairs of hands are better then two.”

Aelor suspected that she had come to tell them they should start moving faster already. Setting up traps had really delayed them. So before Max said anything, he said:

''Maybe we should stop this already. We have set quite many traps now. It has slowed us down. And besides, we're out of this forest soon, I can see the change in plants and ground that give me hints of it, even though this area is unfamiliar to me otherwise. So my ladies, shall we join our companions and get going?''

3. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Amongst the last bit of forest, the group once again came together. There was some discussion about the mystery creature that they were fortunate enough to miss (or did they?) and spoke of the city that they would soon be approaching. Dyami cringed: it has been so long since she had walked out in the open amongst people… even the thought of walking the busy streets seemed to graze against her nature. Slightly embarrassed at the thought of telling the others the truth, she decided on a ploy that would put the others at ease and would allow her to be within the city in the style that suited her best: unseen.

“I hate to say it, but we shouldn’t stay within the city too long… we spent much time setting traps and although it is likely those will give us more of a head start, I would hate to see it go to waste on recuperation. Actually, if our opponents are lucky, they may forgo the traps completely. In either case, I volunteer to keep watch from the rooftops while the rest of you get what you need within the city. There will be no need to call me. I will keep watch on the rest of you as well and know when you are leaving.

4. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    “I hate to say it, but we shouldn’t stay within the city too long… we spent much time setting traps and although it is likely those will give us more of a head start, I would hate to see it go to waste on recuperation. Actually, if our opponents are lucky, they may forgo the traps completely. In either case, I volunteer to keep watch from the rooftops while the rest of you get what you need within the city. There will be no need to call me. I will keep watch on the rest of you as well and know when you are leaving."

Dack thought about this idea. Keeping a watch up in a city? That was an odd idea. But then again this entire place was odd to him. And it could be worse, Dynami could be someone he didn't trust at all. He wasn't familiar with the basic adventure protocal of Kyrnn, but considering how long she seemed to be able to hide he figured this idea could only benefit them. But still, he waited for Chris or someone to confirm this plan.

5. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    hmm... interesting idea. Chris thought to himself.

"I think that will be a fine idea, but i will make a large edit. How about we all go up to the roof tops and wait until they pass us. The hunter will become the hunted." Chris said smiling. "We will no longer have to worry about being stalked, we will only have to worry about stalking them. That is my plan."

Yes, Chris thought to himself once agian that was a good idea. But would the others agree? To him it didn't seem smart to seperate the group, and he would stick with it. Well what would the group say?

6. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    ''I think that is an excellent plan Chris'', Aelor said with a micheavous smile on his face. This was not so familiar to his companions, they even seemed slightly uneasy. His eyes started shining as he continued:

''I would be glad to give them a little payback for our troubles. Our battle is not yet finished.
    But don't you think that they will suspect something if our tracks suddenly dissappear? They had atleast one rogue with them. And even though they aren't as skilled trackers as woodsmen, they have still propably followed us all along.''

Aelor looked at the others curiously. He didn't doubt his own sneak abilities, neither those of Dyami and the elf, but he doubted if the minotaur and the mage had similar skills. Sighing he slightly nod his head as he thinked the minotaur on the roof, 'hiding'...

7. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    "Ah, i can see what you are thinking, but i would be willing to keep going ahead to keep the enemy following me. That way they won't except that we are going to ambush them and you will never have to see a minotaur on a rooftop. Yes, as i said before i can see what you are thinking."

With that Chris waited to see what the other companions thought of that. This new addition to the plan would make the plan all the better. Plus he could finally be alone for a while. Not that he didn't like his companions. He did. He just liked to be alone more often than not.

8. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Dyami had to smile at Chris’s idea. The prospect of hunting once again was very tempting… but, it left a very large problem. This wasn’t a guerilla warfare though… this was a race. It wouldn’t be wise to give up the winning spot for the sake of revenge… “As much as I would like to agree with this new plan, I think we need to keep our sights on the goal… this Artifact which is supposed to help the Paladins… only after it is in our hands do I think we should pull all our attention on our foes.” Most seemed to nod at the idea… “Don’t worry, Chris. I’m sure that there will be plenty of battle when we reach the Vale itself.”

9. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    ''Maybe we should not just lead them forward. We should try to get them get lost, that way they would be out of the game for a little longer, don't you think? *cause now they are just following us. And if we let them just come and come after us, it wont be soon 'till they will attack'', Aelor said looking at each of his companions.

''We should get them lost or make them an ambush.''

He didn't care how the others would decide, he would make through this journey, he knew he would. He wasn't afraid of the assassins sword that could be striked to his spine anymoment. But Aelor was afraid for his companions. He didn't want them to get hurt, though he knew that they were very skillful as the battles earlier had already proven. It wasn't that he didn't trust his companions, it was that he did not trust the members of the other group. They had different rules...and he had never liked them himself.

''We are a little way ahead of them right now anyway. And we do need more supplies, so I will go to the marketplace to buy them. I will then climb to the roofs to wait you or to meet you there, is this ok with everyone?'' Aelor asked. When he had walked few steps from the group he turned back and said:
    ''Anyone care to join me?''
    And as it was an accident, he looked at Dyami when saying the question. But he quickly looked at the other companions aswell, hoping that the forever-observing female hadn't noticed.

10. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Whether Dynami had or hadn't noticed this bit, Dack had picked up on the feelings developing between the two. That sly dog, Dack had chased his fair share of women, and he'd traveled with a full group of guys with similar attitudes, so he knew exactly the angle Aelor was trying to work. Normally he'd actually encourage it. But for now he had to keep his priorities strait.

"They won't attack us in the city, at least not in the day," he said. "We all could use some rest in an actual inn. And if we station watches in the night then we can rest easy, and form some kind of plan there. Much as I like the rooftop idea, it could send the wrong message if someone was to see us up there."

This group was deffinately a nice experience to Dack. Every other party he'd been in had had one leader, unfortunately for Dack, he was usually the sap who had to take charge. This lot was functioning without one deffiante leader, although if there was one at this point it was Chris. Everyone had an opinion, and everyone listened to everyone's opinion. That was rare in a group that had been together no longer than they had.

11. Ranna

Ranna The Wayfarer

Call me a nomad, for I travel with the wind.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Max heard the blade cut the air dividing herself and Dyami and bury itself a mere foot away. Smiling at the skill she nodded as Dyami apologized for the misunderstanding and Aelor concluded that they should finish up with the traps. "Alas, it seems I've taken too long to hunt the two of you down." She said as she pulled the blade free and returned it to Dyami.

After regrouping with the rest of the party, she listened carefully as they all threw out various ideas and plans, slowly narrowing them down and perfecting them.

(OOC: Srry, short post, but I just skimmed the other posts, and didn't have much time. )

12. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    ''We are a little way ahead of them right now anyway. And we do need more supplies, so I will go to the marketplace to buy them. I will then climb to the roofs to wait you or to meet you there, is this ok with everyone?'' Aelor asked. When he had walked few steps from the group he turned back and said ''Anyone care to join me?'' Dyami saw his quick glance to her, and understood immediately. He wants to know her as much as she wanted to know and understand everyone. It was enough to make her smile… that is until she saw the smug smirk on Dack’s face. He was thinking more then simple talk… Dyami didn’t know whether to slap Dack or laugh at the implied idea when the elf changed his expression and talked in a more serious tone.

“They won't attack us in the city, at least not in the day. We all could use some rest in an actual inn. And if we station watches in the night then we can rest easy, and form some kind of plan there. Much as I like the rooftop idea, it could send the wrong message if someone was to see us up there."

It was decided then. They would go into town, and at night, someone would take watch. Ugh… that meant she would have to be walking amongst the townspeople until sundown. Well, it was better then nothing. As they started walking, Dyami pulled up her hood to hide her face and wrapped her tail around her waist again. She didn’t want to attract too much attention from the common folk… then again… Dyami looked up at the Minotaur. Well.. she didn’t want to draw too much attention to herself anyway.

Supplies were easy enough to find. Some food rations, a few bottles of poison for her daggers, a new sharpening stone, that was about all she really needed… unless she could find a mage that could put a color-changing spell on her cloak, that would allow her to change its color at will. Such a spell would enhance her ability to hide and observe others greatly. True, she usually didn’t like magic… but being with this group had started to change some of her beliefs… not that she would admit to that anytime soon. In the end though, it didn’t really matter…this was an average town, not some major capital and therefore magic was more then difficult to find.

After finishing buying her supplies, Dyami went into the tavern the group had decided to meet upon. With a quick look she realized that she had finished first and none of her other comrades were here yet. So, she took a seat in one of the darker corners of the inn, ordered a small meal, and silently watched the people as they unknowingly told her their life stories.

13. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Dack's grin made Aelor feel uneasy. He felt restless and ashamed for some reason. He glared at Dack angrily and as soon as they had decided what to do, he walked ahead of others, fastening his steps intentionally.
    Dack had said that they wouldn't be attacked at during their stay at the city, but Aelor doubted that. He knew that a skillful assassin could strike anywhere at anytime, and he wasn't going to be unprepared.

As he glanced over his shoulder at his companions, he saw that Dyami had hid her face and tale. He snarled for anger. How can it be that she must hide her identity while there is a bloody minotaur walking head up high? I bet soon there'll be orcs on the treets too.. Damn this world of fools! he thought to himself.

He didn't need much supplies. New load of arrows, dried food, shurikens and body paint. He then walked to the tavern they had agreed to gather in once they're finished with their business's. Aelor knew that he didn't have a snowball's chance in hell to have some privacy in there, but he didn't want to keep them waiting.

The tavern wasn't fanciful, far from it. But it was better than most of the rat-holes Aelor had been during his travel in the world of men. He walked to the counter and ordered some wine. He smelled that it wasn't quite the best quality, but he didn't really care. Food he didn't want to order, he had lost his appetite during the day.
    Quickly he checked the tavern to see his companions. He only saw Dyami sitting alone in the corner. Others must join us soon.
    He sat down in front of her and silently drank his wine. He didn't look up, just watched his glass and sat there silent.

14. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    It wouldn't have taken Dack long to get everything he'd need. Especially considering that he wasn't really in need of anything. So instead of wasting his time trying to get some trinkets at the market, he desided to head to one place he'd always enjoyed back home, and may enjoy here. The good old casino.

It took him a while to find the place, it wasn't particularly big. But that didn't dampen the elf's spirit. He entered and went to the first table he could find. He watched the game for a minute to pick up the rules and then just as he was about to jump into the game, it happened. This seemed to happen every time he entered one of these places, and now he wondered why he enjoyed them so much.

He backed up just one step, one step into one of the biggest men he'd ever seen. And as with most big men this guy's temper didn't measure up to his stature. "What the hell're you trying to pull elf?!!!" "I'm sorry, I didn't see you..." that was as far as he got before the brute wound up and swung. Dack didn't think about it but he'd dropped down and elbowed the big man in the groin. In all the commotion the security had apprehended Dack and in no time at all he was in the city street on his back. Getting up and dusting himself off he desided it could be worse. They could have thrown the big man out with him, or called the town guards. Either way he wasn't going back in there, no one was playing big. So he headed to the tavern where they were all to meet.

15. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Chris scanned the various weapons on the counter of the smithery. He was in need of a dagger. A human sized sword would do fine. He picked out a fine elven sabre of white steel. It cost most of his money to buy but it was worth it. It was a light in weight, razor sharp, and strong.With it he also bought a black leather seath, plain but Chris liked it. He didn't know why, it just caught his eye.

With that he headed off to the inn to meet with everyone else. The Maverick it was called. He ordered a glass of the finest ale. It was a fine golden brown fizzing to the top with a white fizz. It looked as some of the best ale he'd ever seen. It may have been because he hadn't had ale in quite a while but it tasted fresh and smooth.

16. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Svartnir looked at the fight of the big guy called Brutus and some stranger elf curiously. It seemed that the stranger could handle himself quite well, judging by that that Brutus didn't go after him after he was thrown out of the casino. Instead he sat down to his table, rubbing his jaw.
    Svartnir followed the unknown elf outside, just to see him dissappeare behind a corner not far away. He silently run after him, hiding himself in the shadows, without making a sound. He really had to consentrate on that, for his kagonesti skills were more trained to be used in the wilderness. But still, he managed to do well, since the elf didn't seem suspicious or anything.

As the elf entered the tavern, Svartnir didn't go in. To his luck, he noticed that there was a tree growing next to a window of the tavern that he could climb to and which's branches would hide him. He looked in and quickly found what he was looking for.
    The elf had sat down to a table with some other awious strangers. Some of them had drinks and few were eating. One person particularly caught his attention, a half-elf male, sipping from a cup of vine..

Svartnir had a strange feeling that someone was looking at him, so he landed from the tree and made his way to the tavern. From the face that the elf looked at him, he realized that he had seen him following after all..

17. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack folded his hands behind his head as he walked so he could look up at the sky as he walked. It seemed streange that this street was as barren as it was no later than it was. Oh well, he'd seen stranger things in his time. Not to mention that, but he had a sneaking suspicion he was being tailed. He didn't look back, that would only alarm this guy that he was wise to him. So he'd let whoever it was keep following him for a while.

Dack kept his ears sharp to what was behind him. Every few feet his follower would stop and duck to the side. He was doing a pretty good job of following Dack for someone who was so obviously not a city person. If Dack hadn't been such a traveled guy he wouldn't have noticed the guy. Turning the corner into the bar he made sure to watch the door while he sat down with the others that had arrived. Chris, Dynami, and Aelor were there, Max and Rulta would probably get there shortly after. Dack made careful to not alert the others he'd been followed. The other wasn't hostile or they would have pounced while they were alone, but Dack didn't appreciate being stalked. Then he saw a tiny bit of motion in the tree outside the inn. Looking up he locked eyes with his tracker. Maybe this character would be more interesting than he'd thought.

18. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    As Aelor slighty glimbsed at Dack, he saw he had seen something outside. He looked at the window Dack was looking at, but he couldn't see anything. Just a wave of a leaf, caused by the wind prolly.

''What is it Dack, is someone outside, watching us?'' he whispered.

And just then, when Dack was about to say something, the inn door was opened and Dack waved his hand to tell Aelor to be quiet. He could not see to the door but he prepared himself for the possible fight. He knew that the other group might aswell strike here. They could make it look like a bar fight. He heard silent, strangely familiar steps behind him. He then heard a familiar voice, something that reminded a bird's song. Not hostile at all.
    He rose from his seat and turned around without caring about Dacks effort to keep him still. He saw two black eyes looking at him. Two black eyes with strick expression, yet a hint of laughter in them. He saw tribal tattoos and an oakleaf over this mans eye. That was all he needed to remember.

''Svartnir?'', he sighted in wonder. Svartnir smiled at him and gave him a brotherly embrace.
    ''I came to bring you back home. We've been waiting for you brother. They send me to--''
    ''I'm sorry Svartnir, but I have a task to be done. These are my companions'', he said in kagonesti language and waived his hand towards the table others were sitting: ''I promised to help them.''

Svartnir nod and then said gloomy:
    ''I promised to bring you back, so I will have to keep my promise Aelor. I shall aid you in this.''

''Then all I can say is welcome aboard. My companions, this is my brother, Svartnir from the Blackswan tribe,'' Aelor said and turned to his group. He saw some of them looking at his brother in doubt. His arrival did seem quite suspicious, but Aelor didn't wonder how this man had come to find him. He had warriors signs in his body, he had always been the best hunter. And Svartnir if someone knew how Aelor's mind worked. And he couldn't help smiling when he looked at his tall brother, who was so proud about his kagonesti bloodline that he would wear their usual outfit even within civilized territories. He had leather trousers, boots and vest all made out of deer skin.

Svartnir looked at them judgingly. He especially looked at the elf he had been following, this one looked the most suspicious. He also saw a red robed mage, not so old human male. The minotaur was a little suprice for him, he hadn't meet any of them before, but he kept the cold expression on his face. He didn't want to insult this nig creature just because of something as insignificant as bias.
    But the figure with icy blue eyes, caught his attention. This female, judging by her shape and features, had hid herself under a heavy cloak. Svartnir could just wonder why, if there was a minotaur amongst them, what was she? What so bad that she had to hide herself.

19. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    ''What is it Dack, is someone outside, watching us?'' Aelor whispered.

Dack was about to say something when the doors swung open. He was tall, even for an elf, though alittle smaller than Dack. He had a powerful build from a life in the outdoors. Or at least Dack assumed that's where he got it from his attire. He was clothed in furs like the elves of the Wylden back home. A bow on his back with a hammer at his hip. Tribal tattoos, a solid tan, and a very stern face, but Dack could tell he had some sence of humor. Before he could stop him Aelor rose and turned. Apparently he knew this newcomer.

Dack relaxed and took his hand away from his sword. That refle would get him killed someday, but not yet. The two exchanged words, brothers, apparently Dack had more in common with Aelor than he'd thought. Strange, another elf with a similar name Dack knew and he had shared a similar realtionship as Aelor and Dack, though the names had changed roles in this case, one secret he hadn't told the others about yet.

As the new elf, Svartnir, looked over the group Dack noted in particular, the look he recieved. Oh he knew that look. The same look he'd recieved all too often from elves raised in the "proper" way by their own kind back home. Dack returned the look with a cocky smirk. This was a reflex, as he'd almost always proved a better soldier and even a better diplomat than those high born types back home. And it had almost always led to duels, but he had the feeling Svartnir would turn out to be a good guy to have around, in time...

20. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Aelor had entered the tavern but decided not to sit with her. Was something bothering Aelor? Making him uncomfortable in her presence? Or, was he simply trying to give Dyami her space? It mattered little. Soon, the rest filtered into the tavern as well, each acknowledging the other, but not much conversation after that…. Something was bothering Dack. By his facial expression and body language, he looked like a man who has been followed, and is unsure of the pursuer. Lo and behold, as Dack sat down, another opened the door. An elf… a wild elf by the looks of him: skins for clothing, a muscle structure honed for enduring the constant and unpredictable hardships of the outdoors, tanned skins, even his posture gave hints towards his heritage…. Was this the tribe that Aelor spoke of?

''Svartnir?'' Spoke Aelor, he sighted in wonder. Svartnir smiled at him and gave him a brotherly embrace.

''I came to bring you back home. We've been waiting for you brother. They send me to--''

Hm. More then just from Aelor’s tribe, this other was Aelor’s half-brother. Aelor spoke to him in his language, but by his facial expression, Dyami guessed that he was explaining the situation to this unexpected newcomer. They seemed to quickly come to an agreement. ''Then all I can say is welcome aboard. My companions, this is my brother, Svartnir from the Blackswan tribe.” Yet another… Fate is definitely keeping a close eye on them. Svartnir looked and appraised the others, finally setting his gaze on her, his face questioning. Unsurprising… it was an impression she had given many. Well, the sky had finally darkened, and even though it seemed to be lightly raining, Dyami knew this was a good as time as any to go. She stood and approached the impromptu welcoming, keeping her eyes on Svartnir. “It is an honor to meet you Svartnir. I am Dyami. Your brother has told me with warm memories about your village and your people. I am sure one of your talents would be appreciated amongst the others.” Only then did she turn her eyes to Dack. “I will take my post now. I suggest we leave at daybreak…” Dyami didn’t need to say more. Their enemies may be flagging, but they were still a threat. They must keep going, if their growing host wanted to become the victor.

With that, Dyami left, making her way to an alleyway and scaling the outer wall of the inn. Most of the villagers had left the streets, either escaping the rain or the growing night. Only the sound of raindrops could be heard as Dyami crouched silently, like a sentry gargoyle protecting the treasures of light within. Svartnir… so, it seems that Aelor would indeed be welcomed back into the village he once fondly called home. Although Dyami largely was neutral with what happens to the others after this quest, she couldn’t help but feel a tiny stir of emotion at the idea: I soft mixture of happiness for Aelor and… what’s this? A whisper of disappointment? But…….. why?