RPG # 15 - The Artifact of Kiri-Jolith

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by Nienor, Mar 14, 2006.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    It didn't take long for the heroes to dispatch the goblin raiding party, but their success wasn't without it's price. "What the hell was that Egrin?" Dack asked the paladin. Several seconds passed and he recieved no answer. Dack turned to where he'd seen Egrin last. "Egrin?" the paladin's body was within sight, but he wasn't moving. Dack rushed to the side of their leader and felt for his vitals. Egrin was dead. Dack would have tried to save him, but in this land he had no influence with the gods. He took Egrin's medallion and the map to their destination and looked to the others.

"He's dead," he said, confirming what he was sure they'd all pieced together. "So what do we do now?" someone asked. Dack figured they may not recieve pay now that the paladin was dead, but hell, it's not like he'd never saved the world for free before. "I say we keep moving," Chris said before Dack could say the same. "We promised we'd do this, and I don't intend to break my word," the minotaur concluded. "Agreed, anyone who wants to leave can feel free, otherwise, we're just gonna keep on keeping on."

2. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Chris had to admit that he was a bit sad over the death of Egrin but he decied they had to keep moving. They all now new that another group was on the way to capture the artifact. If captured by the enemy, who knew what kind of damage it could do. After all none of them new of the artifacts level of power, they just knew it was powerful. "I say we keep moving," Chris said. "We promised we'd do this, and I don't intend to break my word,"

Then Dack added "Agreed, anyone who wants to leave can feel free, otherwise, we're just gonna keep on keeping on."

Chris and Dack then left without another word. They didn't look back to see if the others were following. They just trekked on.

3. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    As Aelor heard the faint yell ''We're under attack!'' he quickly jumped from the little river he had been bathing in and grabbed his tunic and armor and stuffed them into his bag. He thought he could put them on when the was a better time and run to the camp as fast as he could. His feet drummed the ground in rythm as he ran with long and strong, yet also silent steps. He listened with his sensitive ears for any possible sound. He knew, when he closened the open that the battle had already expired.

But as Aelor entered the open where they had camped, he saw three goblings lying on the ground, dead. And also saw the noble paladine lying on ground, breathless. Dack just said:
    "Agreed, anyone who wants to leave can feel free, otherwise, we're just gonna keep on keeping on."

Then Chris and Dack then left without another word. They didn't look back to see if the others were following. They just trekked on. Aelor looked at the others amazed and then looked at the body of Egrin. He had difficulties leaving him just lying there like that, so he kicked the fire so that it started to smoke. He hoped that someone cooperating with the paladines would see the fire and take his body away. It might also mislead the enemy...
    He then ran after the others. He saw Dyami walking as the last in the line, so Aelor went beside her and asked:

''I take that Chris and Dack are in charge now?''

4. RaistlinMajere666

RaistlinMajere666 New Member

in a cushiony room with a real tight jacket on...
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Rulta heard the faint yells of the warning of the attack. He wanted to see if Dyami would answer him. She looked at him for a moment and was off into a tree. Damn! He thought. He would have to converse with her later on the matter. He decided to go help the others when he remembered Egrin.

He ran as fast as he could to where he had left Egrin, but was too late. He was dead. But his killers stood before him facing the mage. Four goblins. Rulta knew he couldn't get enough time to cast a spell, so he loosened his silver dagger. If it came to it, he would fight hand to hand. But before he could even get the components ready the minotaur came through and killed them. Rulta watched in sorrowful disbelief as one body fell into a giant bush. He had wanted to kill the goblins to avenge the paladin's death. He heard shouting for the dead man and decided to hide. He didn't think the others would take a liking to a magic-user just standing around not helping, so he hid in the bush with the fourth goblin body...

(OOC: Sorry it's so short. I'll finish it tomorrow)

5. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ah… the taste of battle. It has been awhile since she killed out in the open, compared to her usual style from the shadows. It was good to be back, and even better that there was no flukes of… misfortune…. It was at this point that Dyami saw the others crowding around a body… Egrin. Warrior of light, and leader of this band, was dead. Yet another sign from the fates… both sides have now lost a leader, and gained an assassin. Before Dyami could think deeper on the matter, Dack stepped forward and took the Paladin’s map and medallion and looked upon the others. The Minotaur seemed to speak for him: “I say we keep moving. We promised we'd do this, and I don't intend to break my word.” Dack nodded his approval and extended the resolution to all “Anyone who wants to leave can feel free, otherwise, we're just gonna keep on keeping on." At which point, both him and Chris turned and walked toward their goal… leaving the others to wrestle with their morals alone.

Dyami was shocked. For a pair of good-hearted warriors, they sure as hell knew how to make themselves look like a pair of dishonorable brutes…. Not asking the others about leadership or tactics… Leaving their fallen comrade like this. Her face remaining passive, Dyami’s tail started whip with freshly suppressed anger. A quick moment of awkward silence was broken by Aelor. ''I take that Chris and Dack are in charge now?'' he asked the others. It was a final straw. “I think not.” Dyami muttered under her breath, before turning to the pair of self-appointed leaders.

“I would drop that medallion if I were you, Dack.” Said Dyami, raising her voice so her words were clear to all. Dack, who had almost disappeared into the trees, stopped abruptly, turned, and gave Dyami a look of both offence and questioning… Good… “The Paladin God would never protect one who dishonors the remains of one of his fallen warriors.” Dyami spoke in a calm tone, so as to not feed any fires or cause trouble. She looked up at the sky… the morning star was just rising in the east. Dyami kept her eyes on the star as she continued. “If we all work together, we could dig a proper burial, or gather enough wood for a pyre by the time the sun touches the sky. I am unsure of the Paladin traditions so I don’t know which one would be best.” She waited a moment, giving the others time to weigh their options and give their opinions. Then, gathering her memory of the battle and the enemy combatants, she turned her gaze towards the Elf. “In either case, we need to talk about tactics… especially since the other group will be following…” It was one of many facts she picked up from battle…. The others had no exact direction… that is why the Elvish mercenary commanded his troupes to leave some alive for questioning… there were other hints here and there to this truth, but that was beyond the point right now. It was up to the others to decide what to do. If they asked for further advice, she would give it. Otherwise… well….

Dyami knew she had made a dangerous gamble… Questioning authority could easily lead to the path of conspiracy. Especially if she herself wanted to take the role of leadership… which she did not. Egrin had earned leadership with the promise of gold and by taking the burden of this quest, knowing that the war itself could hinge on his success. No one else had that sort of responsibility. If another wanted leadership, he would have to do more then show up and claim it to gain Dyami’s respect… he would have to earn it.

6. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack was just about to reach the trees when he heard the newer woman's voice. “I would drop that medallion if I were you, Dack,” she said. Dack stopped cold in his tracks. “The Paladin God would never protect one who dishonors the remains of one of his fallen warriors.” This wouldn't normally bother Dack, the gods of this realm hadn't done him any favors so far, and he could care less if they didn't want to do him any in the future. But he knew better than that, he was a paladin himself, or he used to be, and he didn't need an order of knights riding his ass while he was here. And he didn't need this one riding him either. He pulled the medallion loose and tossed it to the woman who caught it without effort.

“If we all work together, we could dig a proper burial, or gather enough wood for a pyre by the time the sun touches the sky. I am unsure of the Paladin traditions so I don’t know which one would be best,” she said. “In either case, we need to talk about tactics… especially since the other group will be following…”

"Burning is frowned upon by the paladins of his order. That aside they share a special bond, their god and all, they'll be around to pick him up before the body starts to rot. If you insist we do something, then I guess it won't be too much trouble. As for tactics, you and the mage can figure those out, you've seen how everybody fights, and he's already a scholarly type, so I'd say you're the best to think up plans. We should have some time, they won't make their move right away, they don't want to be embarassed by us again," Dack wouldn't hold this little incident against Dynami, it was after all his fault. He was an outlander, and aside from that he was used to one specific group of allies. His upbringing didn't help him much either in the foresight department. It would be a very good thing to have her around to do the thinking.

7. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Dyami looked very nettled when she talked to the group and almost comanded them to do something about Egrin's body '' - we could dig a proper burial, or gather enough wood for a pyre - '', something. Burning was out of question, since it wasn't the custom of the paladine order. Aelor remembered once seeing a burial chamber of those knights. They had lain on stone shrines with peaceful expressions, their swords lying on their chests. He felt a little sting inside when he thought that this noble man would never have that honor...or that's what he thought the knight would think himself. Aelor wanted to be buried in the woods, he wanted to feed the earth with his own flesh. And even though the paladine would rather lie on that stone shrine, Aelor hoped that his beloved forest enviroment would be good enough for Egrin.

While the others were still talking about how to arrange the burial, Aelor took a quick look around to find a good place for the body. And there was one, under an old oak, there was awiously softer ground that would be easy to dig. He took his boiler from his backbag and wondered if he could dig with it.
    He threw his equipements to the ground and kneeled to the ground, under the great oak, and started digging. Others soon accompanied him, while Dyami and the mage Rulta were thinking about their tactics.

The grave was ready just before the sun rose. They placed Egrin same way the paladines are placed on their shrines in their tombs. He held his sword on his chest. Aelor looked at the medallion in Dack's hand.

''That belongs to the paladine Dack, do you, or any of us, inevitably need it? I do not like to steal from the dead and I don't appreciate others stealing from the dead either..''

8. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    ''That belongs to the paladine Dack, do you, or any of us, inevitably need it? I do not like to steal from the dead and I don't appreciate others stealing from the dead either.''

Dack had to fight the urge to immediately pull his sword in challenge to this from Aelor. He'd already given the medallion back, what the hell did he want? Still, that wasn't what burned Dack up inside, it was Aelor's choice of words steal. Dack could admit, it may look that way at first, but had any one of these people asked what he had intended to do with the medallion? No, they just assumed the worst. He really couldn't blame them, and perhaps the half elf hadn't meant anything by it, but he could have chosen his words a little more carefully, if they hadn't been allies he would have attacked Aelor upon hearing that word used. But he would forgive him, Dack was sure he hadn't meant any offence.

Not looking up from his digging Dack spoke in a low tone, so that only he and Aelor would hear it, no one else, "Don't ever call me a thief." There was something in those words that concluded this conversation immediately. Something that made it clear to Aelor that Dack wouldn't react kindly if this matter was pushed further, but at the same time there was something in the way he'd said it that Dack didn't like either. He'd have to be sure to keep his pride in check if he didn't want to let the beast come out against his allies.

9. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    “If we all work together, we could dig a proper burial, or gather enough wood for a pyre by the time the sun touches the sky. I am unsure of the Paladin traditions so I don’t know which one would be best.” Dyami shouted to Dack, Chris and a few others who were starting away.

He'd nearly forgotten about Egrins body. They dug him a nice little grave under an oak tree. This is a good way to waste time, and let the enemy catch up with us Chris thought sourly, but sent away as soon as it came. Egrin had been a good man, but he still thought they should have built a pyre.

Well after the short delay to the tomb making, they were off once again on the road. The vibe of the group was a little bit less uncertian, now that the paladin was gone. Almost as if they were unsure why they were here. But not Chris. In fact he was strides ahead of most the group.

But then there was something that made Chris stop. Up ahead were 10 bodies of Knights of Solamalia (sp). Tears came to Chris' eyes first Egrin now this. As they others approached they saw the corspes and they too were deeply saddened. This time it was Chris to speak. Grabbing a small spade out of his pack he said, "I don't know about you but i'm digging a mass grave, unless any of you have any better ideas" He questioned.

10. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Not long after they'd gotten done burying the paladin they were stopped again by another, similar sight. At least ten knights, all dead. The hell could have done this? Dack pondered as Chris spoke up, "I don't know about you but i'm digging a mass grave, unless any of you have any better ideas." Why not? It ain't like we were off to a fast start anyway. Dack pulled out his spade and replied, "Well, I'll be damned if I'm gonna let you dig alone."

The others seemed to agree, and soon they were all working on digging dep enough to keep the wolves from digging up the grave. Still, Dack couldn't shake the feeling that they were being watched, and this feeling was only furthered by that attack last night, Egrin had been related to this order of knights somehow, and the goblins had struck him fast, there was something very wrong with that.

11. RaistlinMajere666

RaistlinMajere666 New Member

in a cushiony room with a real tight jacket on...
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The red-robe listened carefully to what everyone was saying. At least they didn't blame him for the paladin's death. He watched as Dack took the medallion of Kiri-Jolith. He was happy to see Dyami stop him from taking it and even happier when they said they planned on burying his body.

Rulta came out of his hiding place when the party left and trailed some way in the back. He thought about what the paladin left out to do and if it still would be finished. He also was wondering who would take the lead of the misfit group; not listening- nor caring- to the conversation ahead of him.

12. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    “…That aside they share a special bond, their god and all, they'll be around to pick him up before the body starts to rot…. As for tactics, you and the mage can figure those out, you've seen how everybody fights, and he's already a scholarly type, so I'd say you're the best to think up plans. We should have some time they won't make their move right away, they don't want to be embarrassed by us again."

Well, well…. Maybe Dack would make a good leader after all… true, Dyami had no intentions of jumping off a cliff at his command yet, but his quick and respectful thinking did bring him a step in the right direction. Dack also seems to have some hidden experience in leadership as well…. Dyami made a mental note to ask him about it at a more appropriate time. She looked down at the medallion he had thrown to her. As tempting as it is to keep an item that can stop magic in its tracks, she knew it would only bring trouble to anyone but another follower of Kiri-Jolith. With that in mind, she held the medallion to her chest, and whispered a prayer to Fate in her eastern language, intent on placing the item around the neck of its original owner…. If Egrin’s comrades in arms would come to collect him then….. before Dyami could complete the thought, let alone respond kindly to Dack’s words of leadership, Aelor spoke up from his spot by an oak where he was digging:

''That belongs to the paladin Dack, do you, or any of us, inevitably need it? I do not like to steal from the dead and I don't appreciate others stealing from the dead either..''

Hm?? Obviously Aelor was too busy digging to realize that Dack had already relented the medallion to Dyami. He also seemed bent on a proper burial… something Dyami herself was still contemplating. Being an assassin she had left her share of bodies to rot. But in a group such as this, it goes against nature to leave a fallen leader without showing any respect. It doesn’t matter… Aelor spoke with good intentions… maybe a bit uninformed… but good none the less. On top of which, Aelor’s words seemed to have produced… an interesting reaction in Dack.

At first it was nearly comical: Dack’s jaw locked with restrained anger, his muscles tightened as if ready to strike, he looked like he would throw a punch at Aelor… or worse. Luckily, Dack was able to hold back his short-fused fury, and silently kept on digging. But… as Dyami bent to put the medallion back around the neck of Egrin, she felt something else within Dack… it was like a ripple of coldness… a dangerous creature, shifting in its sleep. Dyami remembered her first impression of Dack… his surrounding shadow she first sensed but had gotten used to. Dyami took this as a healthy reminder: Dack was not the kind to be antagonized. From here on in, Dyami would have to be careful about any and all questions asked.

After the burial was done and the group had started on their travels, Dyami finally had some time to converse with Rulta about strategy. After Rults asked if Dyami had anything in mind, she couldn’t help but smile with a touch of deviousness. “Do you know how to make a game trap?” It was Aelor, who was walking closely behind who chirped up, asking if Dyami was talking about animal traps, and replying that, as a rogue, he had some experience. “Good.” Dyami responded “Now… do you know how to modify them to work on people?” It seemed like a surprise to both of them, and a lengthy conversation and debate ensued.
    What sort of traps would be used? “Well, we don’t have time to do anything elaborate or fatal… a rope around the ankle here… a branch whipping out at the face or mid-section there…. Maybe a fallen wasp’s nest if one could be found…. It wouldn’t be too difficult to set them up while traveling in the woods… and if it’s disguised correctly, even a man of above intelligence won’t see them.
    If the traps won’t be lethal, why should we set them? “For starters, the traps would slow the others down, giving us a better chance to shake them. But more importantly, it would cause chaos and add tension. From what I could see, the others seem to be in the middle of a conspiracy: fighting for leadership, plotting revenge…” Dyami shrugged her shoulders “nothing too surprising, considering their dark nature. If we’re lucky, the traps would cause enough frustration, that they would either blindly attack us… or each other. Either way would end in our advantage if you think about it.”
    Wouldn’t such a move give away the fact that we know they’re following us? “True, it would. And it would make it difficult if we wished to surprise them later. But I believe the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.”

The conversation abruptly ended as the Minotaur froze in his tracks. Before him were the bodies of many paladins… by the look of their corpses, they died fighting…. But what were they fighting remained a mystery. The Paladins of Kiri-Jolith are hearty men, and don’t fall easily. Either the being(s) that attacked them was extremely powerful, or somehow the paladins were getting weaker… a spell or a disease of some sort… Egrin’s death would fit this pattern as well… he didn’t seem the kind that would die at the hands of a few goblins…. Before anyone could react, Chris turned and announced that he was going to create a mass burial. The others reluctantly agreed and started their cryptic duties. Although Dyami silently followed, she stayed alert for anything out of the ordinary…. If danger lurked nearby, it may be wise to leave the knights, and live to finish their task and save the other paladins before they ended up like their dead brethren.

(OOC: yeah.... another really long post.... SORRY!!!!!)

13. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    After digging the mass grave they had time to talk about what could have caused the death of some many brave and strong knights. "I highly doubt that this was a group of goblins" Chris said. "First of all, if it was we would see dead goblins. We haven't seen any, and secondly the injuries to the knights we made my teeth and claws, not goblin weapons, or any other kind of weapon for that matter. I'm guessing it to be a monster of some sort maybe a-"

"A dragon!" Dyami cut in abrutly.

The group chuckled as the majoritly of the group yelled out, "Dragons! Hah! There ain't such a thing as dragons", or "Stop filling are heads with useless fairly tales!"

But not Chris he knew it might be possible. "Ah, it MIGHT be possible. Extremly unlikely, but they have been spotted flying in the Northlands. Or at least supposedly."

Dack then stopped the argument, " There may be and may not. Does it really matter? They got killed by something un-humanlike, a monster. We'll find out what eventually, i know we will. And if we stay here bickering it may be sooner than you think."

With Dack's last comment, they were once again on the road, until some of the members starting talking about making some traps of somesort.

14. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    As far as I know anything of the creatures of the forest, this well might be a deed done by a dragon, Aelor thought to himself. He felt a great unease because of that thought and the laughing of other members of the group didn't help at all. Even a bear couldn't have done this and besides that, there were no traces on the ground. None but the knight's and their own.

Dack also seemed to be agreeing with Dyami's suggestion, but what could have they done about it? Hid in the bush and wait for the big bad dragon to come and get them? No, there was nothing they could really do about THAT thread. But possible followers could be leaved behind. And their path could be made a little tougher than what they were expecting..

''Should we put up some traps,'' Aelor said to Christ who was walking beside him.
    ''I mean, I have skills for that and maybe our mage could do some magical once too. Or can you Rulta?''

15. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    "Ah, a trap." Chris said suprised that he didn't think of that sooner. "Why thats quite a good idea. Now what kind could we make?" He said thinking out loud.

A few minutes later they were all pitching it to build a series of traps for this creature and also for the enemy group that was most likely watching them at exactly that moment. At the current time the main focus was on a small trap that they had come up with. It was a mainly magical trap with a few physical components. When the trip wire felt pressure, it would summon some sort of magical creature. It had been the mages' idea of course. Chris, who was not so sure about magic wasn't sure if he trusted the trap, or even moreso the mage making it, he recultantly tied the wire to a large oak tree. Within about an hour (they also breaked for lunch) they were once again off on their way.

16. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    After the burial, a discussion started about what sort of creature had attacked the paladins…. The claw and bite marks quickly brought back memories of the serpentine lords of the eastern sky… “Dragons” she thought out loud. Most of the others disagreed with the suggestion. Dyami wasn’t offended, she knew so little about this land and the creatures that inhabited it. It really wasn’t her place to make suggestions…. In any case, the “dragon” would have to have been very young to make the type of claw marks found on the bodies… so unless it was a dragon searching for a nest of own, the others were probably right.

After no logical explanation could be drawn up about the creature, they decided to take Dyami’s suggestion, and set traps for both their enemies and this unknown creature as well. To Dyami’s dismay, the others decided to put a twist to her suggestion: magic…. True, not all the traps were magic… actually, only one was… but the kind of magic… summoning… Dyami said nothing but refused to help set this particular trap. Instead, she asked Aelor to assisst her on the other more regular traps that would surround the area and their path when they continued on…. This would be a perfect opportunity to get to know the half-elf more better.

After setting a few traps in silence, the group was on the move again… Dyami and Aelor used their skills to track ahead of the group, start a trap and by the time their comrades had caught up, another pesky trap would be set… they did this time and time again, giving them much time to be alone…. While lacing a to-be trick branch with poison ivy, Dyami finally decided to speak: “So… what is you’re story Aelor? What drawn you to the life of a rogue?”

17. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Aelor had been setting traps all day with Dyami, but they hadn't spoken much. He actually felt quite releaved, because he would have felt uneasy if she would have blabbered at him all the time. And he also enjoyed listening the voices of the nature arround.
    He had once been followed by a very stubborn kender who just had kept speaking all the time, even in his sleap. After that, Aelor had rather travelled alone or with someone whos accompany he liked.

Aelor was looking at a beautiful and old tree that had deep green leaves, when Dyami suddenly spoke:

“So… what is you’re story Aelor? What drawn you to the life of a rogue?”

He turned to look at her, but didn't say anything for a moment. He looked again at the pretty tree and then spoke:

''I used to live in a great forest with my people, the wild elves, kagonesti. But I wasn't truly one of them because of my mixed blood. I mean, they loved me and had accepted me as a member of their family, but they also knew that my heart craved to see other things than just the forest. I enjoyed followingldifferent kinds of travellers in the woods as much as I enjoyed to observe the nature itself...
    So one day, my father led me to a faraway road. He said to me that the road would take me to big human cities where I could get to know the other half of me. Maybe then I would know, where I belong in the end..''

''What happened then'', Dyami asked, still fighting with the tricky lace.

''I found out that the human in me wasn't as strong as the kagonesti in me. I finally realized where I belong. But now,'' he said with a sigh,''I don't know if my people accepts me anymore. They might think me as a stranger amongst them. It's been a long time since I saw them last time. Hah, I even use armor these days. I never wore anything else than a leather cloth on my hip to cover the most intimate parts of my body. I must say, people looked at me like an animal when I first encountered human'', Aelor said laughing.
    ''Oh, do apoloize me, I totally forgot where I am and just talked way too much... Do you need help with that lace?''

Aelor kneeled besides Dyami and helped her to tie the knot. He then looked around, looking for a good place for the next trap.

''Now, tell my lady, why did you join our company?''

18. Ranna

Ranna The Wayfarer

Call me a nomad, for I travel with the wind.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    OOC: Since the retreat...

Max had retreated swiftly for the sake of both her comrades wounds and those of her opponents. She had been shocked when she heard the assasain and companion of the elf attack him, and angered that the elf recieve such a death. But their problems would have to be solved themselves she concluded to herself as she strode away from the bloody field...

After gathering wood with Egrin, and meeting a new fellow all at once, built up the fire but when she went to help with the wounds, she noticed that Aelor and Dyami - the new member - seemed to be working quite well together, and left it at that. Resting her back against an old tree, she fell into a light sleep. She awoke with a start when she heard a slight sound of comotion in the forest, and concentrating she could make out Rutla's voice and that of Dyami's softer, but couldn't make out their words. Before she had the chance to see if they were alright, another, louder, comotion sounded off not to far away and Dack's voice cut through the peace of the camp.

Arriving to late to help, she more felt then heard Egrin's blood seeping into the soft earth, and his breathless body only confirmed that her timing had been terrible. Not saying a word herself, Dack's seemed to feel Dyami force them back to prepare a proper buriel, or atleast something to the best of their ability. Brushing her hand across Egrin's face, she closed his eyes. Both leaders - dead. Sighing, she helped Aelor, and murmmered a prayer before they left. He was an honorable knight, and deserved a more noble death.

As the eventful day continued with another attack, she remained silent to mourn their leader. As they began to lay traps, Aelor and Dyami left together, and others grouped together and planned. She wasn't one to plan for such occasions, so she decided to hunt down Aelor and Dyami hoping she wasn't interrupting a moment for Aelor's affections for the girl were not well hidden.

OOC: Again, if I messed up somewhere, correct me and I'll edit it. Sorry.

19. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dragon. It seemed a bit odd to Dack that all the others could disregard something that serious on a whim. He'd fought a dragon before. Well, it was kind of a dragon, really just a mage who'd changed forms. But he'd also fought along side one. And the sight of what they did to their enemies was appauling. Though he wouldn't bring that up in front of the ill tempered creatures. Still, he didn't know the traditions of this land, so perhaps it was normal that they think little of the beasts.

Eventually they moved on in conversations, desiding to set traps for their pursuers. He'd never been much of a trap setter, but he'd set a few off in his day, and he'd broken his fair share. But quite frankly he would rather square off with an enemy one on one than put his faith in a trap that someone may bypass. But it made the others feel better, and that's what mattered, so he kept his mouth shut. After they got moving again he still remained silent, looking to the scenery as they passed. He felt a bit uneasy after heaing the word dragon, but he supposed this was just proof of that instinct stays with you forever.

20. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    After setting the series of traps they were on their way back along the path to the Veil of Vipers.

Slowly the travelers could feel the sun shine brighter on their backs and the wind blow harder. They were exiting the accursed forest! Slowly yes, but steadily yes. Their spirits rose to a new high. Never had they felt so much hope since they had left the town, what had felt like so long ago. But they forgot one import fact. They were still being stalked by an enemy, one stronger than ever. And they were one adventurer short this time. A skilled one also.

They contined, walking at a fast, well tempoed pace through the out skirts of the forest.

(sorry for short post just wanted to get story moving)