RPG # 15 - The Artifact of Kiri-Jolith

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by Nienor, Mar 14, 2006.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack reluctantly pulled out of his fight when the call to retreat was sent out. "Next time..." he muttered as he watched the goblin flee as well. The pale elf was the last to leave the battlefield, making sure the enemy didn't hit them from behind. He sheathed his sword as he reached the area where they would be making camp. Egrin pointed to a woman he wouldn't have picked out otherwise and told her to wait with the main group while he and Chris gathered firewood. Dack wasn't sure about the wisdom of this move. Paladin or not it wasn't normally the wisest idea to recruit people who'd been hiding from you when you found them. Oh well, it didn't matter, there were more of them than there was of this woman, she wouldn't accomplish any trechery for now.

2. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Just as Dack, Chris was dissapointed by the retreat. He had wanted to kill the damned little human that had inflicted so much pain onto Chris. But he had learned of the humans streghths, weaknessess, and tricks. Next time- if ever- he met the human again, he would slay the human, either that or die trying.

After that, the group jouryned to a worthy campsite and started to set camp. Chris and Dack gathered firewood in the thin forest. When back at camp Chris discovered a new companion; a pale looking creature. She looked almost to be human but Chris guessed her to be some kind of mix maybe of human and demon. He was happy to have a new member, and a strong looking one at that, she had a dangerous looking rapier at her side that Chris guessed she could use well, but still. There was something about her. Maybe it was just his natural curiousity of people. But he couldn't guess. But by now he trusted Egrins judgement. Not that he wasn't still suspicious of the Palidian, but you could say that they had almost become friends. Well there wasn't much he could do so he just set his firewood down and lie down on the ground just to think, which he did quite often, it gave him a sense of leadership and control

3. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack sat down next to the big minotaur as the creature started to think. No doubt over the battle. Whoever he'd been fighting had banged him up pretty good. Still, with Chris's breed he'd be fine in a day or two. Dack had managed to pop his arm back in place and patch himself up, but this wa a grim reminder that this world was almost nothing like home. Back in the land even the strongest of goblins would have crumbled under one swing of Akurai, yet that one had held Dack at bay, even had the upper hand at one point. Still, despite all the seriousness of that fight Dack had learned the little bugger's patterns, and he'd also taken some of the other's opponents techniques in as well.

Anyway, that was the past, recent though it may have been. For now he had to focus on getting to know his comrades, he'd never been in a party this long without learning more than just names before. And there was something about this minotaur that reminded him of Bemon, his oath brother. They were roughly the same size, though Chris was bulkier, they were both forgemen from what he'd gathered, both enjoyed their pipe, both had a taste for large strange colored weapons, and if minotaurs here were anything like back home, both had a bit of a distaste for most orcs. While Dack had been able to overcome this in Bemon despite his background, he desided to creatively edit his history if Chris asked. "So Chris, how long you been swinging that beast?" Dack asked, referring to the axe. "Several years now I suppose," Chris responded, not bothering to look down at the elf. This wasn't going anywhere Dack could see, then he thought of something that males of all species were always ready to talk about, "I'll bet there's a hell of a tale behind that chip eh?" he said pointing toward Chris's horn.

4. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    As the fight continued before her, Dyami sensed another watching the ensuing battle. Feeling the dark magic that emanated around the fiend, Dyami made a personal point not to look directly at the new arrival. If it was as intelligent as she believed it was, then the smallest flicker of eye-contact would alarm it to the fact that she knew of its existence. Instead, Dyami watched the battle, and saw first-hand at the being’s intentions. A wisp of blackness reached towards both the Paladin and the Goblin. The spell did little to tip the scales in either party’s favor, it was simply an act of cruelty. A magical trickster. Dyami decided to leave it at that…. Especially since the battle seemed to be shifting….

Although both sides were receiving major injuries… some maybe even fatal; it was becoming more and more clear that the “good-guy” side would actually come out on top. On the other side, the elven leader Oakleaf, seemed to have fallen, and the masked stranger coming to his…. Aid? After giving a slash like that, obviously not. Although it’s true that conspiracies usually lead to assassination, Dyami hoped that it would last longer then this. The masked man shouted a retreat, and both sides (some individuals more reluctant then others) started vacating the battlefield. Dyami drew her eyes back to the now-dying leader as his sister knelt over his body…. Dyami could almost see the wheel of deceit turning before her eyes: conspiracy, assassination, melodrama, another assassination, and then an uncomfortable normalcy… that’s how it always went…

As she watched a small portion of the melodrama unraveling before her eyes, Dyami had almost forgotten about the side of good, which the Fates had drawn right underneath her branches. The paladin noticed, and shouted to her. With Dyami’s attention pulled back to herself and her surroundings, it was no wonder he had found her… it was late day, the trees glowed with green and gold…. And she was wearing black… Dyami cursed her second foul-up of the day, and started to think quickly as she slowly crept down the tree.

First, the tail. With another step down, she wrapped it around her waist, sliding the dagger-like tip into the back of her pants, making it look like an item in a back-pocket. Second, the charcoal powder on her face was wiped off, so as to look as unprofessional as she felt at the moment. Finally, Dyami had to decide on a story… An Assassin of the Shadowblade Klan would not be kindly accepted by a Paladin. But… a Bounty-Hunter working to bring convicts to justice would…. It would be close enough to the truth that she could act like herself as well… With that decided, she came down and tried to act as professional as possible… Not that it mattered. Questions didn’t seem to the foremost thing on everyone’s mind… camp and treatment to the wounded came first. So, after introducing herself, Dyami used her mediocre knowledge on healing and started dressing some of the flesh wounds of others…..

5. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Aelor walked behind the others to a place where they set up a camp. He noticed that the blind woman who'd found him had no wounds at all and he felt impressed by her abilities besides her disability. She and the knight went to gather some woods and Aelor himself started to set the fire while the minotaur and elf were discussing few feets from him. He realized that he didn't evenm know their names and it made him feel sort of silly.

Soon the fire started it's dance and Aelor sat to the ground next to it and attanded his wounded shoulder and side. Soon after that, he noticed that the paladine and the blind female returned with another female. This being had black hair and cold-blue eyes that seemed to strike at him immediatly. She was fully wrapped in black clothes and the image of an assassin or a bountyhunter came to his mind. And in some exotic kind of way, Aelor thought she was absolutely beautiful.

The female said to be called Dyami and started to nurse the wounds of the group members. She was awiously very skilled in it. First she came to Aelor and asked:

''Do you need my assistance with those injuries of yours?''

Aelor felt suddenly quite hot inside and replied:

''No miss Dyami, though I appreciate your offer, I have already taken care of them. But may I help you in this task, I know herbs that ease pain and some that might even be useful for that scald that paladine has on his chest?''

The female nodded and they tried to cure the injuries together as well as they could. Strangely, helping Dyami made Aelor feel very pleased.

6. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Seeing that everyone was settled and either one, bedding down for the night, or two taking care of their wounds. Looking at Rulta I noticed that he, during our breif time in the thin woods gathering wood had gained his mobility. Although not taking any time to look after the wounded, he had already fallen asleep, no doubt from expanding either too much of his power during the day before the battle or during the battle itself.

Seeing that Dack and Chris seemed to be talking about past times and fights of their talent I looked at the newest member of the group. Dyami, was her name she said, and she obviously had been trained in the arts of medicine for she was helping with some of Chris's minor wounds as he told his tale. Aelor had immediatly taken a liking to Dyami, most likely because they were both newer to this beragaled group.

Max and myself had fared the best out of the fight. Her better then me! A blind women who could fight...still amazes me I thought to myself. Touching my chest I wince in pain. Hopefully I can find a replacement in any upcoming battles, with all the bandits roaming the countryside now, we had better stay on our guard.

"I'll take first watch." I say and then add, "I'll wake up one of you for the morning watch." With that a walk over to a stump and sit on it away from the group and think about the days events and their meanings...

7. RaistlinMajere666

RaistlinMajere666 New Member

in a cushiony room with a real tight jacket on...
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I finally started posting again:D

When Rulta was able to move enough, he quickly cast the counter spell to release himself from his frozen state. He looked around the camp and saw that there was a new female clothed in black attire of an assassin (or so he assumed). Not caring what she was doing, and inspecting himself for any serious injuries and nursing his thigh, he limped over to a tree and fell into a fitfull sleep; filled with black robed and rogue mages.

I woke with a short yell that fortunatley didn't catch the attention of any of his companions. Feeling surprisingly rested from a few hours of sleep I stood up quickly, forgetting about my injured leg. I almost collapse in a painful heap when my injured leg gave under my weight. I straightened himself and walked over to join Egrin on his stump; cursing the rogue mage I had the fortune of fighting with.

"May I take over for you?" I ask quietly from the folds of my hood. I realize the paladin is careful not to move his chest due to a burn from something left a scorch mark on his breast plate. "You okay?" I add after surveying his wound.

"Sure-" Egrin began tiredly when I collpased with a gasp of pain. "Are you alright? What's wrong with you?"

I pull my robes up above my dressed wound. Blood was pouring freely through the soaked bandage. I pulled my dagger out of my right boot and gingerly cut the bandage away, careful not to penetrate my skin or the cut deeper. "I don't know what's wrong with it." I say, clenching my teeth against the incessive pain, "Have you ever seen anything like this? Because I haven't." I admitted to the experienced warrior.

"No. Did the black robe cast a spell that would have done this to you? Or could the blade have been enchanted?" He appeared nervous at the amount of blood I was losing.

"I don't know. She didn't cast a spell, but the blade could have been enchanted. I didn't bother to check. Do you know how we can stop the bleeding? I really don't feel like dying like this; from loss of blood." He looked at Egrin, fear of losing my life starting to eat at me slowly. My eyes wandered to the medallion around his neck and I nodded towards it, "What about that?"

He grasped it unconciously, "I don't know if it'll react correctly with you being a magus. Will it help or cause more pain?" He sounded like he truly cared.

I noted his concern and answered our worries for I was wondering the same, "I'm not sure. But don't you think it's worth a shot?" I asked, a small smile playing across my lips to lighten the mood.

"I guess." He unclasped the medallion and lowered it towards the bleeding wound...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    While patching up her new comrades with make-shift bandages and whatnot, Dyami soon felt irritated by the silent and awkward air around the camp. At first, she thought it was herself. Her exotic features and demon-blue eyes had that effect on people. Their lack of eye-contact told her that her presence was at least part of the problem….But the silence led her to another conclusion as well. They were more then just strangers to herself, they were strangers to each other as well. As if reading her mind and confirming the situation, the elf with the magic sword sat down beside the Minotaur, and started making petty small-talk… Astounding. This rag-tag group was not only able to fend off a small group of military-trained thugs, but did so with little or no knowledge of each other! This meant that these people had an amazing amount of potential power if they learned to work as a single unit…. It also explains why she hasn’t been interrogated for spying on their battle. Especially since she looked like a shady character at best, they must have a huge lack of organization.

Quieting her thoughts for a moment, she pulled her concentration to the half-elf rogue, and his attempt to patch himself up. Claiming to be okay, he introduced himself as Aelor, and then offered Dyami assistance with others. As she knew little of the local vegetation, let alone which plants would be useful in healing, Dyami kindly accepted the aid. It didn’t take long to notice something else about Aelor…. His darting glances, the occasional stammering in his speech… He was attracted to her. Although it was not the first time that someone found her foreign looks as appealing instead of disgusting, it always made Dyami feel uncomfortable…. Especially since, as far as Dyami was concerned, there was no attractiveness within her to behold…..
    Glancing at the half-elf with this new attraction in mind, she had to admit that Aelor was relatively good-looking himself… his black hair and elvish facial structure reminded her of the human boys from home… Unfortunately, because of her relentless Shadowblade training in the arts of understanding the mind through the body, it took much more then attractive looks to peak Dyami’s interest. It was the character behind the skin that counted…. And at this moment there was nothing truly outstanding about Aelor’s being. With everything taken into consideration, Dyami decided to make a point to politely avoid the half-elf after she was finished helping the others with their wounds.

By the time everything seemed in order, most have fallen asleep…. The battle took a lot out of them, and the day was very eventful…. The Paladin, Rulta announces he would take first watch.... Dyami almost announced she would take second watch (as she was uninjured it made a large amount of sense) when she was reminded that she was probably the least-trusted member of this group... and on top of such, had made quite a few mistakes this morning while on watch. The reminding thought of her slip-ups brought a chill or irritation to Dyami…. A professional like herself didn’t make errors…. Meditation was badly needed ensure it would never happening again… especially when such errors could be the difference in life and death… With that in mind, Dyami climbed up a nearby tree and sat in a meditative position amongst the sturdy branches. She looked down at the good-hearted strangers below…. Strangers indeed…. Dyami didn’t even know all of them by name yet…. Let alone their individual past or even why and where they plan to go…. This would the foremost on her agenda tomorrow…. With her thoughts still spinning around her mind, she slipped off into a meditative sleep...

9. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    "I guess your right Rulta." I say in reply and put the medallion to his wound hoping and praying to my god that he will grant a humble servant of magic to become well once more. Seeing the wound slowly start to heal I hear a grunt of pain emenated from the mage. Obviously my god had granted my request but because this mage had chossen red robes instead of white he would not be healed at no cost.

"I hope it didn't hurt to much." I tell Rulta as I pull the medallion away from his wound and start to inspect my dieties handy work. Seeing that the wound had only left a scar I sigh knowing that if we lost this man we could have been very well defenseless against the enemies own magic. Praying a silent and quick pray to Kiri-Jolith in thanks I say, "Sure you can have second watch Rulta. I'll wake you when it's time. Get another hour or hour and a half rest before we switch. Maybe Dyami might still be up, I saw her leave but to were I'm not sure." I then add, "I would appreciate it if you checked on her, she's new to the group and I'm not sure where her allegence belongs currently."

10. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    "I'll bet there's a hell of a tale behind that chip eh?" Dack said, pointing up to the chip on Chris' left horn.

"Well, one day my family and i, were wondering the plains of Solmalia, when we spotted a Orc Scounting Party toward the horizion. We tryed to outrun them but it was a lost cause. They were after all on horses, and good horses at that. Well anyway when we realised we couldn't outrun them we decieded to stop and fight. An orcish scout weilding a notched broad sword approced me, taking a swing at my chest i ducked but he was still able to knick my horn." Chris lifted up his shirt showikng Dack a large scar on his chest "this was also from the follow through of that blow." Chris' face then got dark "My father and sister were also killed in that battle" He clenched his fist.

"Ah," Dack said nodding his head.

"Now its your turn," Chris said smiling once again "How'd you get that scar on your eye?"

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  11. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack's expression became more sober than it had been when Chris added that last bit, about his family. Dack could relate to some degree, he'd never met his parents, they'd been killed by a group of orcs who were in turn killed by the orcs that took him and his brother in. But unlike Chris he hadn't seen them cut down. That seemed to be the last piece, the minotaur's history wasn't just like Bemon, but like Bemon Chris had some part of his past that Dack could relate too. Still, now he wanted to know about Dack's eye. This was always a story he enjoyed telling.

"I've seen the lizard men of this land, and I know they're nasty, but back where I come from they were a lot bigger, and just as fierce. Well, me and some of my old travelling crew, my oath brother Bemon, a shape shifter named Alhelor, and a human named Lorek, we were hired to clean a group of bandits out of a small town. The four of us rose to the challenge since there were only twenty of them, and they were pretty ill-armed. Well, during the fighting I got a bit cocky, started fighting bare fisted against two of them at once. I was doing pretty good for awhile. Till I slipped up while one of them was in the middle of a downward slash. I managed to catch myself and avoid most of the cut but he still managed to cut me. That pretty well took me out of the end of the fight. If it hadn't been for Bemon's medicine skill I would've lost my eye with the skin," Dack said recalling that fight.

"Where is this land you come from anyway?" Chris inquired.

"I'll tell you soon as I know soon as I know where it is from here," Dack replied, he'd never really looked for where his homeland was, never had been that important, but he guessed someday he might like to go back.

12. RaistlinMajere666

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

"Thanks, Egrin." Rulta muttered from the folds of his hood. He was thankful that the paladin couldn't see the tears from the searing pain he had felt when the god healed his wound grudgingly, "I'll go look for her and see how she's doing for you, alright."

"Good. I think she headed off into the woods right over there." He pointed to a patch of dark trees, "Be careful. We don't know how she'll react to being snuck up on if she's sleeping." Egrin warned the magus.

"Right." Rulta had already stood and was walking slowly to the patch of trees. He was amazed that the warrior god had healed his wound. I wonder what the immortal paladin wants with me. I'll give him a donation at the next temple we come across for this though. He shuddered with his next thought, There is however an immortal hand in all of this. I just don't know why, or what he wants with us. All we are is a group of mismatched beings brought together to try and catch a dark knight. Which, he let out a small smile at the horrible thought that seemed to be funny after a battle, we failed at apparently. He got away. With the High Tower's defenses.

The red-robed mage stopped at the edge of the tree line and peered in. His eyes could not begin to penetrate the darkness with in.

He took his first step into the trees and was immediatly caught off balance by a body hurling itself into him. Before he could recover from the shock he found himself with a knife at his throat, an arm choking him. "Dyami," the mage managed to choke out in ragged breaths.

"How do you know my name mage?" she tightened her grip around his neck, "Don't move or your going to have a knife through your throat." The assassin (if this is wrong I'll fix it!!) tried to wake up to notice the trespasser on her rest.

13. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    (OOC: Although this USUALLY wouldn't be the case, I think i'll work with it... :p )

Karma… Destiny…. They have called to her…. They were calling to her now… no.. the others… there was so much to think about… so much to understand… And yet, through sleep they call…. And Dyami was helpless but to follow them through the shadows of her dreams….

A large room, filled with many deities appeared before her. If that wasn’t strange enough, they all seemed to be weaving a tapestry together, each holding and exchanging single threads of single color. Without anyone explaining to her, Dyami understood: Each thread was a mortal being, they were being woven together by the gods… helpless to stop themselves… Why? Dyami whispered. What will come of this? Why do you weave a cloth of souls? No one answered. No one had noticed her existence. Ah… uttered Destiny, lifting a sapphire-blue thread. This little one has spent too much time on the border. At which point, she began weaving the thread inward, connecting it to a red one… The blue one… Dyami thought… It’s me. Then the image faded… and a memory surged forward.

It was one of Dyami’s first missions with the Shadowblade Klan. A young, red-robed mage has passed his test. Unfortunately for him, someone hoped for his failure and was now going to extremes to have the boy killed. That man had paid a handsome price to the Klan, insuring the boy’s death before he ever left the school. Spies were sent in. Dyami was chosen to memorize the faces and behaviors of every single mage in the school from a distance. It is an extremely dangerous mission… she is on watch, waiting for one of her companions to come and give her some inside information about the school. A red mage comes forward, and whispers her name… Dyami remembered protocol, and lunges forward….

She tackles him to the ground, swiftly putting one of her daggers to his throat "How do you know my name mage?" She whispers darkly to him. "Don't move. You’ll be long dead before you can conjure anything that can harm me.” Usually at this point, her companion laughs, telling her she is taking this mission too seriously, at which point she lets him go. But this one was frozen in fear, only able to whisper her name another time. With the dagger still to his throat, Dyami pulls back the hood to get a better look at her captive. She has memorized the facial features of almost everyone in the…. Blonde??? There are no blonds in this eastern mage school…. At that moment, Dyami could feel the curtain of deceiving mist lifting from her mind. She remembered where she was and her true situation. With a gasp, she realized it was Rulta, the Red Robed mage from that odd group that she had attacked; and there she was, threatening to end his life, her dagger with the Shadowblade emblem against his throat, her tail wrapped around his leg keeping him from struggling….. DAMN THE BLASTED GODS!!!! Making her look like such a fool, just so she would reveal her true self. Dyami knew what she had to do, even though it went against every part of her Sahdowblade training. She quickly released the mage, and kneeled before him in an apologetic position.

“Rulta. I am truly sorry for my actions… The Gods have deceived me, making the boundaries between dream and reality indistinguishable. I believe they wish for me to reveal who I truly am, and have no lies between myself and the others. I am Dyami, part-demon in species, and an Assassin of the Shadowblade Klan. I have been taught in the ways of stealth, death, and the understanding of others. Fate has called me upon this group, to lend my assistance. Pray to your Gods and they will tell you it is so. Please. Don’t cast me out of this group.”

Ugh…. The taste of verbal diarrhea was sickening. Even worse, it was completely the truth, and worse still, she no longer had control of the situation. It was in the hands of others, and more importantly, in the hands of Rulta. She knew that the reputation of the Shadowblade Klan had even reached this far west, and there would be a lot of questions later to ask. Dyami feared what the sunrise would bring.

14. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Chris shook his head, wondering what Dack had meant by that. Shrugging he got up and started swinging his axe around. He needed to get some practise in if he wanted to kill the human on their next meeting. Then out of the corner of his eye he saw a couple of his group members making some sort of confrontation.

Chris was just so sick of this drama that he didn't even take a second look. He just imaged draconians orcs and dragons around his. Swinging his axe to meet them. He could only image how dumb he looked. But unlike Kalder, he hardly gave a damn, he just took in another deep breath of the cool air and continued his crusade against his mind.

15. RaistlinMajere666

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    (OOC: Sorry I was tired and needed something to post that would continue on *shrugs apologetically*)

Rulta gasped as the assassin let go of him and dropped to her knees, "“Rulta. I am truly sorry for my actions… The Gods have deceived me, making the boundaries between dream and reality indistinguishable. I believe they wish for me to reveal who I truly am, and have no lies between myself and the others. I am Dyami, part-demon in species, and an Assassin of the Shadowblade Klan. I have been taught in the ways of stealth, death, and the understanding of others. Fate has called me upon this group, to lend my assistance. Pray to your Gods and they will tell you it is so. Please. Don’t cast me out of this group.” Dyami finished her long winded, short speech with an uncomfortable silence.

Rulta pulled his thoughts together before he answered, "Dyami. I'm not worried about who or what you are. That isn't my business. Egrin told me to come and check on you since I couldn't sleep." He took in a deep breath, " So Shadowblade Klan, huh?" he decided to avoid the part-demon subject thinking it to be sensitive to her, "Perhaps your skills will be of use to this group. But besides that," he decided to move to what shocked him most, "you sense a god- or gods- hand(s) in all this too?" He waited for her reply in impatient silence.

16. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I guess I should try to be friends with the others, hu? Hmmm....oooor, I could just sit here and listen if someone has something important to say. Gah, it's the middle of the night, what could they possibly have to say? Aelor thought in his mind. He couldn't catch sleep so he was just sitting infront of the campfire, looking like he was it's guard or something. Hmmmm, the elf and the minotaur are having a conversation, should I hop in? Naah, I doubt they'd like me... Maybe I should go walking, yes, that's is a good idea. A little walk. And I smeel bad, so maybe I could find a small pond or a river. And with that thought in his mind he disappeared between the trees.

17. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack watched as Chris stood and begun to swing his axe. That was one more thing about this minotaur that reminded him of Bemon. The two carried weapons that he could hardly lift, and they wielded them as if they were no heavier than a dagger. It was less astonishing from Chris than it had been from Bemon. And Chris was also much less unnatural in his movements than Bemon had been. Yeah, Dack was going to like being in the company of these folks, even if everyone was a bit of a stiff...

Out of the corner of his eye he noticed some motion in the bushes. Normally he would ignore this, attributing it to a rabbit or something. But they'd been in a battle not long before, and none of the enemy force had fallen. He stood and slowly crept over to where he'd seen the movement. When he was spaced about six feet away from the bushes lunged at least three goblins. Dack's sword was instantly free from it's scabbard and he engaged the nearest one to him, "We're under attack!" he shouted.

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  18. RaistlinMajere666

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    (OOC: Here's the first post for Whispershadow!!!)

The jail house occupants were usually quiet through the day. They kept to themselves, grumbling that they were innocent or didn't have that much to drink the night before. But there was a group of prisoners that talked nonstop. This group was kept in the far back of the jail where they couldn't bug anyone with their high-pitched, constant sounding voices. These were the kender found in and around the village.

Whispershadow just couldn't figure out what village it was though; or if it was a real village at all. This is the story his cousin gave him when he got here. He walked over to the bars of the cell and tried calling for the guard.

"It's no use, Whisperknot." a kender said from behind him, "They'll let us out tonight when the sun sets." the kender walked to the back of the cell to empty his pouches with some kender.

Great, Whispershadow thought to himself, Now how am I supposed to get to Palanthas.

A few hours later Whispershadow was out and a few miles away from the "kender-friendly" jail that was in the middle of nowhere. "I probably couldn't even get back to it now." he muttered irritably to himself. He switched hands with his hoopak and kept walking looking for an inn or tavern to stop at for the night....

19. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Dyami looked up from her crouched place on the ground, getting a better glance at Rulta’s face. It was obvious that Dyami had gone overboard with her words; his expression was one of a man who was taken aback by the drama, but otherwise didn’t care much for what was being said. Both relieved and irritated by this turn of events, Dyami sat back into a more comfortable position, allowing her tail to twitch with a mind of its own, as Rulta spoke and confirmed what Dyami already knew….

“…Perhaps your skills will be of use to this group. But besides that, you sense a god- or gods- hand(s) in all this too?" Dyami’s tail gave a strong flick of irritation at the mention of the Gods. “In more ways then one.” She took a moment before she spoke further, gathering her thoughts and making sure that this was a serious issue for the mage, and should not be taken lightly.

“Yes. This whole situation has the mark of the Gods’ handiwork written all over it.” Dyami said. “A dream here, a stroke of good timing there…The feeling of being tugged around like a dog on an invisible leash… I doubt I would be here unless the Gods willed it to be.” Thinking about recent events, Dyami couldn’t help but let out a sigh. “Seriously, what are the chances that a group such as ourselves would come together for the sake of aiding a paladin’s quest? Then, of course, there are the others you fought this morning…. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the Gods had created a little game between darkness and light, and are using us as their pawns… Of course, this is all speculation… I have some other thoughts on the matter, but I would like to know what the Paladin’s goal in this….”

Before Dyami could continue, a shout came from the elf at the encampment….. “We are under attack!” Dyami and Rulta glanced at each other for a moment, the same thought flying through their mind: coincidence…right…then both went forward to aid their companions.

Dyami climbed up a nearby tree with absolute silence, her tail reaching for a dagger as she climbed. Once there, she could see a small group of goblins making their way to the middle of the encampment, fighting the elf and the minotuar as they went. Dyami had studied such creatures before. She knew their weakness and their style. The Goblins never stood a chance. A few of her daggers were thrown upon the goblin horde, making a small shower of blades… a few fell before they knew what hit them…. others were injured severely. Then, with her rapier at hand, unsheathing a large dagger with the other, Dyami lunged into the melee and began her attack… Fighting with her shadowblade style, she looked like she was dancing amid her enemies, causing death as she went.

20. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    (ooc: its night right? Doesn't really matter just curious)

Chris smiled. Now he wouldn't have to imagine any enemies.

Taking a swing at a goblin he decapitated its head. But then he felt pain in his chest. He least favorite thing in the world. Goblin Darts! He noticed a group of goblins staying towards the back in some bushes weilding cross bows. Running through the crowd of goblins, killing at he went, we finally got to the group of goblins shooting the darts. Chris seamlessly killed the four goblins who had been shooting the darts. He then turned around to face a pale looking goblin weilding two well crafted daggers. Definetly not of goblin make. Goblin knives were thick and bulkly, but this one was thiin and slender. Most likely of elven make.

The goblin weilding them well doging his first blow and getting in a blow to both of Chris' thighs. Chris was sick of this one. Grabbing his by his head he squeezed cracking his skull. Throwing the lifeless corpse into the bushes he went onto the rest of the goblins.