RPG # 15 - The Artifact of Kiri-Jolith

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by Nienor, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ((OOC: Rastlin's character))

Rulta Steelbound, not being able to travel any further with the man's weight stops a scant 15 feet from the bar in which was occupied by Chris, Max, and the other adventurers who would travel on the quest. Letting the man down he noticed that the wound hadn't sealed but bleed slowly most likely since he had starting draging him. Knowing the man had a few hours at most to live and seeing the inn in which the fighters occupied Rulta rushed towars it and tried to open the door.

The door locked from the inside by the barkeeper Rulta wasted no time speaking words of magic saying, 'Khetsaram paklid' Upon speeking the last sylabol of the spell the lock on the door clicked as if a key had been turned and had unlocked it from the inside.

Throwing the doors wide open and causeing them to bang against the wall Rulta shouted in a loud voice waking the people residing inside of the inn, all except for a gully dwarf that is that had somehow managed to make his way in and was now sleeping soundly because of his intoxication.

((OOC: Here's Egrin, who was asleep till the recent shouting))

Soundly asleep I dream of better days when I was younger and in my prime wielding my sword for the highest bidder before I found Kiri-Jolith and the Knights code of honor. Following that path lead me here leading a small band of common adventures NOT of the order while other commrades that I had trained with when I was tweenty-six were leading three scores of other knights into battle against the forces of evil and dying horrible ill fated deaths, with no honor. Waking up from the night mare due to a lound shouting from the floor below I awake in a sudden jolt that caused my right hand to pull my londsword out it's scabbard half-way.

Curseing under my breath at the barkeepers lack of intellegence for not locking the door I head towards my door bringing my sword with me hoping that the rascal down there would cause no trouble at all in leaving if the bartender wished it to be so. Walking out into the hallway I notice other customers aroused by the shouting and loud aqusations going on downstairs.

"Go back to bed people. Me ad my commrades will assist the owner in throwing out the theif." Saying this I look towards the doors of my comrades and notice that every single one of their doors are wide open and their room's empty, even the blind girl Max had been more prepared then I this night and was no doubt with the other two downstairs trying to get the intruder out or holding him untill the proper authorities come to take him to jail.

Reaching the top of the stairs I look down into the dinning area and see the red robed mage standing there addressing Max, Chris, and Dack about something. Not knowing what was happening I walk down the stairs and hope to catch up for if a mage was involved something was obviously wrong...

2. Ranna

Ranna The Wayfarer

Call me a nomad, for I travel with the wind.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Max had heard the mage before he had entered the Inn, and made it to the common room as he called out to the guests. She sensed he was a mage instantly, and decided to have him think her more a healer than a warrior as she also noticed the ragged breathing a man in his arms.

Stepping forward, she put forth the palm of her hand in a statement of peace. "I mean you no harm, sir, but I do believe I can be assistance to your comrade."
    By now the Chris and Dack had rushed down the stairs, with Egrin only moments behind. I patiently waited for the mage to catch his breath.

OOC: Sorry 'bout the short post, couldn't think of anything, lol.

3. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack heard the loud bang downstairs and wasted no time in heading down there. As he reached the stairs the man who'd opened the doors had began to call out to all the patrons of the inn, and Chris and Max had begun to make their way down as well. Dack rounded the corner and saw immediately that this man wasn't a normal man, but a magus. Dack had a deep seated resentment towards most magic users, and very few had ever earned his friendship.

Right now he wasn't in the mood to extend an olive branch to this unexpected visitor, he'd been in this situation one too many times before when things went south quick. He put his hand to the hilt when he saw the mage was dragging a wounded man with him. That, and the fact that Max had offered him her assistance led Dack to let go of his sword. He guessed if it was going to get sour, steel could wait.

4. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    As Chris paced the room he heard shuffling down stairs, a scream, and then the noise of someone making there way down the stairs. So it wasn't the wind. Someone was in the inn! Grabbing his trusty ax he ran towards the stairs. Not to his surprise Max, and DAck were already making their way down the stairs.

Wondering who, or what it was made Chris make his way down the stairs even faster than he would have. In the middle of the inn he found max, Dack, and a red robed mage near the door.

Running towards the door he looked to see if it was a friend or a foe. As he got closer he saw that he had a wounded man which he handed to Max. Phew Chris thought. I wasn't forward to fighting anyone this late at night, or anytime actually, if he could save some blood from being spilt by all means he would. By no means is he a peace freak but not thirstly for blood either. "Who are you," Chris said wearily towards the mage.

5. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ((OOC:Rasltins's character))

Rulta Steelbound seeing that the young lady was obviously blind assumed she was a healer and willingly let her work her magic. Breathing slightly hard from carrying the heavy knight the long distance to this inn I say after a ragged breath, "I am Rulta Steelbound, a Red Rob mage of Luntari. I aided this knight for when I found him he had been already attacked by a knight of Takessis ((spelling)) who was in disguise as one of your own." saying the last sentence Rulta gestured towards Egrin.

"The spy is only but six blocks away, no more. If two of you would come with me I would be gratefull. He tried to kill me for I witnessed the failed attempt on this man's life but he failed before he even began. He is knocked out, or I presume he is for I left him were he was after I cast my spell." Looking to Chris I say adressing him, "Your a stout Minatour. If you would help me get the tr****r, if I remeber correctly he said his name was Medius, here and help restrain him there would only be the need of me and you going to. This way the lady, Paladin, and Elf could look after the knight."

Seeing that the knight was still bleeding I appologize, "I'm sorry, but I couldn't stop the blood and didn't know if there this Medius had friends. I quickly bound his wound and left in a hurry, so I'm afriad he lost a lot of blood on the way here."

((OOC: My character--Egrin))

Keeping my hand on my hilt I watch protectively over my brother knight as Max inspects the wound. Knowing that the mage would insist on one person to go with him I said, "I'm sorry, but these are dark times and I fear for my comrades safty. If you would not mind, I would like to come along, just in case." Implying that this Medius could just be someone who the mage created so that he could lure more into a trap if any.

Knowing that Max, if not Dack, could easily take care of the knight. Knowing that Elves are natural herbalists and knowing that Max must know a thing or two for she was after all a warrior who had talent and had obviously seen her share of wounds as well as the elf Dack for here and there you could see scars, from what though who knows.

6. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    "I'm sorry, but these are dark times and I fear for my comrades safty. If you would not mind, I would like to come along, just in case." As that was said, the mage, Chris, and Egrin hurried to catch the man who had wounded the man the mage had been carrying. Chris soon found that the red robe was telling the truth when he had said it was only six blocks; the trio was at the spot soon. They discovered the disguised knight of darkness a few yards ahead.

Signaling them to be quiet they snuck up on the knight then stuck. Chris swung his axe firecly at the knight missing by quite abit. Swearing he ran after the retreating knight along with his two companions. Shooting a bolt of energy at the knight the man fell over. It was not a very good shot hitting him low in the calf but it was enought to stop him.

This time Chris didn't miss. His axe went straight into the false knights arm cutting through his armor. It still wasn't enough to stop him swing his sword at Chris the knight cut into the minotuars chest, very deeply. Wincing in pain he fell over from a brutal kick to his legs by the knight. As he looked up from the ground he saw Rulta and Egrin heading off into the night after the imnposter.

7. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "I'm sorry, but these are dark times and I fear for my comrades safty. If you would not mind, I would like to come along, just in case." Dack had heard speeches like this plenty in his life. Though he saw no reason to think the knight was as full of it as he seemed to think the mage was, he also had no reason to trust the human. He desided to keep this to himself however. For now he'd have to figure this Egrin fellow followed a code like the knights back home, and if so the man would hole to his word.

He desided to focus his attnetion on the bleeding man on the floor. Max was doing what healing she could, but the man was bleeding fast. It was a deep stab wound he'd taken. Dack had met these before, though usually not so deep, or else the victim was already dead. Dack walked into the back room of the Inn, figuring the keeper would have some basic healing items, though he wouldn't be prepaired for anything the severe.

Dack re-emerged moments later. Max had managed to get most of the internal damage fixed, but this would only do so much. He knew enough about healing magics of this world to know they only went so far in this type of situation. She was a monk, so like him there was only so much she could do as a healer. He went to work to finish the patch job. He took the rags, needle and thread he'd taken from the inn keepers chamber, as well as a few plant items form his pocket. He swabbed the wound so he could see what he was doing, then mixed his herbs and put them in the opnening to stop the bleeding and stave off infection. AFter that he sewed the man back together.

He noticed something seemed wrong with this whole situation. The mage didn't seem to be a part of it, Dack had read it in his eyes, and Max hadn't said anything, the blind were usually very good at sencing motives. He pulled out his sword and held it near the knight, and the bloody rags. The blade didn't react as it normally did when sencing death. He stood and sheathed the sword. That knight the mage spoke of wanted him to find the party. "It's a trap..." he muttered, "Stay here, watch him, there's something amiss here..." He didn't give Max time to protest as he believed she might, but ran out the door quickly to try to find Chris, Egrin and the mage before it was too late.

8. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ((Rulta, Rastlin's character))

Rulta seeing that the assailent was fleeing after delivering a devestating blow to Chris, he shouts, 'Kalith Karan, tobaniskar!'. As I finishing the last syllable of the spell a bolt of lightening streaks through the air towards Medius, but due to my lack of concentration when casting the spell the bolt was weak and didn't hit where it was intended to go. Instead of striking Medius's back with a force that would have rendered him, no doubt, unable to fight or walk for that matter for at least a week only caused him to stumble as if he baarely tripped.

Feeling the sluggish weakness envelope Rulta's body he knows that he is near the point to where he would be in dire need of rest and sleep. After travelling since the morning with nothing to eat, useing the spells to render a enemy useless but unable to due to the lack of concentration, which only caused him to feel weaker then if he had normally cast the spells with the amount of concentration needed, and the fact that he had used a transportation spell, though small, to activate the ring, which hadn't worked.

Calling out to Egrin Rulta says, "Don't worry about Chirs! I'll take care of him till you get back with help after you capture that Medius fellow!"

Not knowing if Egrin heard him, Rulta set to work examining the wound hoping for the best and preparing the worst as he mentally called to mind a minor healing spell, one that in his current state he would still be able to cast and stay awake if need be.

((Egrin and Medius))

Not hearing the Rulta's words I continue knowing that even if this knight could best me with the sword that I would be able to hold him off untill the mage came to finish the job he had started.

Chasing after Medius who, although even with the help of Rulta's magic, was staying ahead of myself for my lack of knowledge of the allyways. Stumbling more then once I slowly began to gain on him but it seemed that with ever turn I was getting more and more deeper into places I didn't want to be.

Seeing Medius turn left I follow closely on his tail remebering my days as a youth when we tried to rid Palathas of the 'Thief's Guild'. Knowing that it lead to a dead end I smiled, for there would be no one to help Medius for the honorable knights of Solamnia had rid Palathas of that guild long ago. Seeing that Medius had seen his mistake and had already drawn his sword I said to him while drawning my own weapon and gripping it with both my strong hands, "Lower you weapon son. There is no need for me to be killing you. I promise that you, even though a tr****r, will get a fair court."

Medius replied saying, "Fool! I have information of this whole city, do you think I'll just give up whole-heartedly!?! No, instead I will escape while you are...detained with previous ingaments." with that he laughed and in front of me appeared three men and two women with weapons drawn but due to the small allyway only two could face me at a time, but even so things were not looking good for me.

As I began fighting for my life, Medius climb the approximately 13 foot wall and dropped to the other side making good his escape. Cursing under my breath I block an downward blow from an axe aimed at my head and then counter with a slash that was aimed at the axe weilders copanion who held a short sword.

The slash hit true and the first trickle of blood flowed, though a shallow cut to the shoulder of the short sword weilding woman it still caused pain momentarily slowing her reaction to my follow up attack the stabed her right thigh, but this left me open to the axe weilders slash that, if not for my quick reflexes would have surely cut off my left arm, but instead it only made a shallow cut that was two to three inches in length.

Grunting in pain I wonder, were is the mage...

9. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    It didn't take long for Dack to find the mage and Chris, however Egrin was no where in sight. Dack looked down at the mage, "Where's the paladin?" he demanded. Without hesitation Rulta pointed toward where Egrin had gone to chase their enemy. Dack bolted down the alleyways and many twists and turns until he found Egrin, in the heat of battle. Dack drew his sword and jumped into the fray without hesitation.

A man with an axe managed a cut onto the paladin's arm and was prepairing for a follow up strike when Dack leaped foreward and bashed his pommel into the nose of the axe-man. Dack followed this up with an elbow to the man's chin. The man staggered back and Dack was prepairing to follow up when another man kicked the elf in the side. Dack responded by driving his shoulder into the foe nearest on his other side then attempting to impale the one who'd kicked him. The first man ducked and lunged with his twin daggers but Dack managed to spin out of the way.

This took him right into the range of a woman's shot sicle. Dack managed to parry her attack and cut at her cheek. Suddenly his blade, Akurai, began to glow blue, it had tasted blood, and now it wanted more. He made a follow up swing, the woman blocked however one of her blades shattered on impact with the dread blade. Egrin seemed to be giving Dack his thanks for his aid, but Dack couldn't hear him, that was okay, they'd have time for thanks when the fighting was over.

10. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Chris watched as Dack approached them, looking for Egrin. Telling his he went after Medius he went to go help Egrin with the other minions. Meanwhile Rulta and Chris fought the remaining warriors. Chris dove at one of the warriors with a visious chop to their side. Then falling back the hole was covered up by the other enemies. Rulta then cast a spell upon the enemy causing one of the men to fall over near death. A short chop finshed him easily.

Nearby Egrin was catching up with Medius. Slowly but still happening.

Back in the alleyway Dack was back from helping Egrin to kill the remaining 3 warriors. Dack, running at the final remaining woman swung hard causing her to run straight into one of Rultas spells. Then it was Chris' turn. Swinging broadly he cut into the flesh of both of the remaining men. Killing one, injuring the other. Just as he went in for the kill Chris was stabbed in the stomach with the warriors sword. Dack ran to save him from being killed just in time but payed for it by getting a gash in his shoulder. But all the enimes were now dead. Except Medius,

11. Ranna

Ranna The Wayfarer

Call me a nomad, for I travel with the wind.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Annoyance rose a notch above her concern for the warrior as all the men foolishly ran after each other. The mage, Chirs and Egrin following Medius, and Dack following the mage, Egrin and Chris. Sighing softly, she tended to make the knight comfortable, and got a cool rag to wipe his face. Checking his temperature periodically.

One thing that was puzzeling Max, was the fact that the owners of the inn, hadn't even bothered to come down when all the ruckus began. Leaving the knight's side, she wondered upstairs silently, and listened through each doorway. A few of the rooms were occupied by sleeping customers, amazingly they had gone back to sleep the fools. Otherwise the Inn was relatively quiet.

Striding back down the stairs to the knight, she decided to prepare a small something light if the knight should awake, or the men returned. Although she had to admit, she didn't sign on to be their keeper, she muttered to herself as she rummaged through the kitchen.

{OOC: Sorry, I really couldn't think of anything.}

12. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Searching the immeadiate area for Medius but finding no sight of him I curse aloud for all to hear. Now the High Clerist defenses were in the enemy hands because of his escape. Heading back to the inn I tell the others on our way, "We're heading out immeadiately. We need to catch that tratior, and we must do so fast, before he gets to far ahead of us."

Walking into the inn I notice that the owner had not awaken during the loud noises. Striding over to the door were I assumed he was sleeping in I yelled, "Wake up you lazy old fool! Get up!" Mad at myself for letting that Medius escape while he was with in my grasp. As the man came out I told him, "Go fetch some knights to take care of this man, and have one of the tenets take care of him. Max, we're going. Gather your things, Medius got away. We must hurry to catch him and hope it's not to late..."

A mere twelve minutes passed and with everyone ready we set out with the sun not even rising over the horizon. Heading towards the Plains of Solomania we barely evade an encroaching army due to Max's acute hearing, it was obvious then that the Spy had riden a horse and managed to travel the distance with astonishing speed, for we passed the army half way out of the mountains and we could see the remains of it's camp, one fire still burning towards the right-most of the camp from our direction.

Seeing figures there I see one black robed figure with a seemingly hulking figure standing next to him. Guessing that that was Medius I urged my small band towards them and prepared for the upcoming fight...

• Like Like x 1
  13. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Aelor walked on the peaceful streets, the night always brought its own silence. But then he heard foot steps, running. He pressed himself against the wall, to stay in hide and to see the runners without them seeing him.
    Aelor saw a band of warriors running besides him on the streets of Palanthas, heading towards the plains of Solamnia. He thought the band looked somehow interesting: minotaur, Solamnian knight, a blind woman, elf and a red robed mage. A little voice in his head told him to follow these people. He looked once towards the tavern he had been heading towards, thinking about the warm bed and cider, sighted and started to follow this mixed groub. They were going on fast and Aelor didn't really have the time to sneak behind them as carefully as normally. Still, he sounded like a running deer.

The groub stopped a little distance away from a camp. Aelor saw atleast two mages and lots of soldiers. The Solamnian knight was looking at a black figure intensively, the figure was most likely to be their target. Aelor was so far away from them both, that he desided that he could use his bow, if necessary. He started to áim, when someone hit him with a wooden staff and put a dagger on his throath. He saw it was the blind woman.
    ''Who are you?'' she said with a calm voice. Aelor understood that though this human female could not see, she was someone he did not want to fight against.
    ''My name is Aelor, I followed your groub from Palanthas. I was interested to see..I ahm..Well I don't actually know why I followed you, but as you see I was...Oh! I'm sorry! What I meant was that I was just aiming my arrow towards the people in that camp, to aid you in your battle, if necessary. I understood those people are evil and you're out numbered, so I thought you might need help and and...''
    The blind woman took Aelor from the collar and said:
    ''Come with me.'' Then she dragged him towards the rest of her groub. Then someone from the camp yelled:
    "Prepare yourselfs!!" They started urging towards the camp, the knight onfront. The blind woman let go of him and run behind them. Aelor shrugged and followed them, hoping, that they wouldn't think he was part of the evil ones...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
  14. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Chris watched as a male half-elf approached the group with Max leading him. The half-elf had a green tunic and some battle worn chainmail. "Who's this?" Egrin asked Max as the two of them approached.

Putting out his hand the man said, "I am Aelor Blackswan." Egin looked at the hand for a few seconds before cautiously grabbing it and shaking it.

"I am Egrin Fallabrine, Paladin of Kiri-Jolith. My companions are, Max, who you have already been aqainted(sp) with. Rulta Steelbound, the red robed mage, Chris Klamdis, he's the minotaur, and Dack Keeneyes, the elf." Egrin returned. "Do you wish to come with us on our quest for the artifact of Kiri-Jolith? I must warn you it will be dangerous, and most likely life threatining."

Chris stood in the background gripping his axe tight. He wasn't about to loosen up for any stranger, seemingly friendly or not.

"I-" Aelor Blackswan started.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  15. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "Deside quickly Aelor, we got steel acomin!" Dack shouted drawing his sword. He desided not to wait for the others for a well organized charge, with groups this small that really didn't make much of a difference. This was his element, blood pumping combat. As he was approaching the enemy group he looked over their number, two mages, two dark elf warriors, the knight they'd chased here, a goblin, and a female, rogue by the look of her. Dack desided he was going to take on the dark elf he guessed was the leader. He lunged at the dark elf, their swords locked, so he felt Dack's challenge, good.

They clashed again and again, neither one able to gain an advantage. Eventually the dark elf managed to get within Dack's defences and almost cut a thin slived into Dack's cheeck, however Dack managed a counter stroke, deflecting his foe's blade just in time. However Dack's sword was now glowing a soft blue. It hungered for the blood of this dark elf, and Dack intended to let Akurai feast deeply here.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
  16. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Aelor run towards a female rogue, for he thought she might be a decent opponent for him. He draw his two scimitars from his back and started dancing around the female, looking for her weakest point. But she was not a bad fighter either, for she too roll around Aelor, stabbing and cutting every now and then, but neither seemed to get the upper hand from the situation.

But then Aelor striked her weapon down with his acrossed swords and quickly kicked her in the face. Her lip started bleading and the two fighters smiled at each others. Aelors joy faided away quickly when the female managed to cut him to his side, making him grin for the pain. But still he kept on fighting flinging his blades more and more faster. And their deadly dance looked beautiful.

(OOC: If someone didn't get it, I meant that it would be Ranna and Aelor fighting here)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  17. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    (OOC: Aelor's post in P vs P battles. )

18. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    The first breath of morning is coming through the thick forest. It is calm, cool, and peaceful here. Although the atmosphere seems to ripple with promise and tranquility, Dyami curses herself for being late. The battle for the High Clerists Tower has started, and she has missed it.

True, she was part of no military per say, but with war comes chaos, and with chaos comes desperation. And desperation always has worked to Dyami’s advantage. As the battle continues, people start to buckle and break… not all were meant for war… and tr****rs become prevalent. It is in this sort of calamity… when captains and generals scrounge desperately for swift solutions for dire situations, that she comes with answers… for the right price that is. Killing a deserter on one side, an incompetent sergeant on the other… oh yes… the leaders are able to blame the other side and she is left with pockets full.

Unfortunately this strategy is best done when Dyami is there to watch the encounter from the start… so as to know her future patrons and prey long before they even know of her existence. Her timing was usually perfect… Following battalions from a distance (Lord Verminaard’s troupes being the latest of many military legions), knowing with an unnatural intuition when they are about to strike… And for a reason that still escaped her, her sleep went on longer then she ever intended, and was now trailing sourly behind.

Still loping with near-absolute silence through the wood, something caught her attention… an energy… it grazed her nerves as frivolously as a mosquito’s bite, but was strong enough to stop her in her tracks. Her instincts knew that energy well… it was the echoes of an ongoing battle. But, she was no where close enough to the Clerists Tower for this to be resonating from there. Another battle? Nearby? With a small hesitation, Dyami decided to go investigate. As she runs, she rubs a charcoal powder over her skin, so her face would blend into the shadows of her hood. Soon the sound of metal scraping against metal and the cries of battle could be heard… there was also the sound of magic, crackling through the air… a dangerous warning if Dyami were to make a false move… A sturdy tree is found and she climbs it effortlessly and silently, finding a perfect niche within the leaves. There, she stays perfectly still, a darker shadow amongst shadows… she could tell that she is far away that even an elf would have difficulty finding her outline… although if he took the time and searched, he may see her eyes, seemingly floating in shadow. As her breath slowed, she could sense her body temperature drop, an old assassin trick that would confuse any with such abilities to see heat. Not that any would… being locked in battle is quite distracting enough without precautions… but one could never be too sure. Now… who are these combatants?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  19. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Her eyes drifted to what must, no doubt, be considered the “good guy” side of this conflict. And what an odd rag-tag group of heroes it was! Unlike their opponents, there was only one member, the leader, no doubt, that was trained in any official military style. By his armor, and his powerful fighting technique, it is obvious that he is a knight of Kiri-Jolith… A paladin. Dyami had a mixed opinion about paladins… the stupid believed the world was filled with two kinds of people; good, or evil. They were good, and their enemies were evil and that was then end of it. But others understood that the world had many grays, and fought with honor and respect, and left the judgment up to the gods. Then again, by looking at the rest of the group, she knew that this Paladin had to have a high tolerance for the odd to say the least.

The other member of this side that truly stood out was the Minotuar. Him? Fighting along with a paladin? Judging by his opponent, she was left with no doubt in her mind that this was the case. A gentle giant. Powerful, but calm and patient. An extreme rarity for his species. This alone assured Dyami that her extended sleep was no accident. No riches in the world could compare to the power of a unique story unfolding before one’s very eyes. And even as the thought occurred, her eyes drifted yet again to another member of this amazing little group.

A woman, wearing mere clothing as her armor and wielding nothing more then a staff and a few daggers caught Dyami’s attention next. Her moves fluent, and graceful, Dyami was impressed with the seeming peasant. Even more impressive, was the fact that the woman didn’t look where she hit, actually, she seemed to tilt her head purposefully away as if she was listening for her opponent’s next attack… listening… blind? After watching a few more swift movements of the girl, Dyami knew this must be the case. Amazing.… and yet there are still others to see.

Next was a pale elf wearing chain mail. Although there was nothing strikingly odd about this being, or his quick and strong fighting style, Dyami could almost feel a darker truth about this stranger. If someone asked, she could only be able to describe it as a shadow about him… Then, his blade started to flicker with a pale light. Its presence a memory pulls at Dyami’s concentration. As a bounty hunter, she has memorized countless flyers filled with descriptions and prices… The Beast…an evil sword…. But, the flyer was old and outdated… but if it wasn’t… was this elf fighting with the right side? Putting the thoughts aside, Dyami pulled her attention away.

Her eyes then land on a red-robed Mage. Not having any true magic of her own, she always perceived battle-magic as a dirty loophole to the code of battle. Not that her style was any fairer. His magic less-then astounding, she could only hope that there was more to his being then meets the eye. Otherwise, he would surely die against the obviously more skilled mage he was battling. It would be a pity, being outnumbered, his group needed every single bit of help it could get. Then, she reluctantly turned her eye to the last fighter.

The last one was a half-elf, wearing green and chain mail. Although he was good with his two swords, he didn’t seem that remarkable. One of many rogue elves, wondering wherever the wind takes them. It is a very lonely, and beautiful lifestyle, but far from unique… especially for humans and elves. Yet, as Dyami has learned time and time again, it is sometimes those who don’t stand out that surprise you the most in the end.

Transfixed on the battle, Dyami watched all, and learned. This was her element, her talent, her deep-seeded Shadowblade training. Know thy enemies, and to them, you shall be invincible. Every move made, betrayed emotions, styles, and behaviors to Dyami. If the battle stretched on long enough, she would have every person’s fighting style memorized, and would be easy to predict their actions if ever she had to face them. This was not magic, this was human imitation at it’s best. Whatever happened next, Dyami knew she would be a part of it, whether it was in the shadows, or as a central axis. The only question left was, who’s side should she join? The deceptive webbing of darkness, or the unique and colorful blend, which made the light?

(OOC: GAH!!! LONG POST!!!!! If you like, i could delete the running commentary on the characters.... SORRY!!!!!!)

20. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hearing the call for retreat yelled by, I assumed, one of my commrades in arms I start heading towards the woods were, ironically Dyami was watching the fight. Looking back I notice that the enemy themselves were retreating and that the group I was in charge of was following, though some slower then others for their grevious wounds. What I really need now is a healer of some degree. I thought to myself, Maybe the mage will know something more then feild dressing that's when I saw that Rulta, who was a fairly safe distance from the fighting, most likely fighting one of the mages, was frozen in place.

Approaching him I slow my run to a jog and then to an all out stop as I examine his predictiment. Knowing that my medallion would free him from his current state I was about to put it to his skin but then think, What if him being a Red Robe mage effect the power of the medallion and ends up hurting him...I really wish I had paid more attention in my training...

"Well I guess we'll just have to wait till our mage here gets unfrozen," I tell the others as they crowd around. "We should make camp here, but we'll need to start a fire, so you all say here, Max and myself will search the woods over there for firewood." I say pointing towards were Dyami was hiding, "You are too hurt to accompany us so just relax for a bit." and with that I head towards the woods with Max in tow.