RPG # 15 - The Artifact of Kiri-Jolith

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by Nienor, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    As the War of Souls drags on to an unexpected length with no end in site the Knights of Solamnia are forced to make a hard decision. They choose to send a Paladin of Kiri-Jolith to find a sacred artifact blessed by Kiri-Jolith himself that was thought to be lost by that order long before the Cataclysm. Not willing to send one of their own alone into the Ogre Kingdom of Kern to retrieve the artifact they tell the Paladin Egrin Fallabrine to seek out his fellow champions in Palanthas, which was near the front of the High Clerist Tower soon to be under siege, under the guidance of Kiri-Jolith. This is were the story begins for Paladin Fallabrine as he searches the city diligently until those who showed promise for this holy mission, in which the fate of Ansalon hung in the balance.

Getting wind of the Knights plans Dragon High Lord Verminaard sent his own men to retrieve this artifact before the Knights could get a chance to use it against the Lord Verminaard’s troops. Thus he sent Kelevendros Oakleaf, although not his most trusted servant he was by far one of the most diligent and successful as the High Lord himself. Kel knowing that to get to the Vale of Vipers, which was to be were the Artifact was told to by located, knew that he would have to travel long and hard to make up for time that Fallabrine had used to his advantage. Here begins the mission for Kel to find companions in the Plains of Solamnia in the tent camp of the army that will eventually lay siege to High Clerist Tower.

Which side will you choose to pledge your allegiance? Will you path lead you to victory or defeat? Now is the time to find out what you are truly made of...

Created by Jaymes

2. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    As I walk done the streets of Palanthas I head towards the guild area hopeing to post the last of many massives, which asked for volunteers to the mission that I was about to undertake. Although I would have perferred my own order to send members there just wasn't enough men to spare with the war. So I go alone to guide what ever men or women who choose to come along.

The massive was simple and gave no detail of the mission only stating that those who joined were to be paid hansomly. There was only one detail that gave any hint of it's importence and that was were the men or women volunteers were suppose to meet, at the outskirts of High Clerist Tower, which as everyone knew was going to be under attack within a month. Those who choose to came would have the bravest of hearts knowing full well that they may end up on the battlements of that fortress city, which they of course weren't for their task as mine was to find a artifact of Kiri-Jolith in the Vale of Vipers.

Although the Great Library in Palanthas didn't go into detail of the artifacts true power Astinus did tell us that it was blessed by Kiri-Jolith himself and was so powerfull that when used kill even it's weilders. Thus the reason it was striken from the books of his order not wishing to repeat history. But when evil is at the door step things change.

Pinning the last massive on the guilde board for everyone to see I head to Kiri-Joliths temple to honor the god I and many other worshiped and asked for guidence, strength, and a few allies along the way for even though I was protected by Kiri-Jolith as were the other Paladins he could only protect my from so much untill I had to rely on my friends and allies for help. Hopefully I would have some for this long and dangerous journey.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  3. RaistlinMajere666

RaistlinMajere666 New Member

in a cushiony room with a real tight jacket on...
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I walk towards the High Clerists Tower, hoping to get into Palanthas without any recognition from the accursed knights. Great, here comes one now, I thought bitterly. The fool rode upon a small brown horse, weilding a halberd. "Sir Knight, may I know what is wrong?" My voice sounds bitter to my dismay. Do I have to start trouble?

"What business do you carry in the grand city of Palanthas, Sir Mage?" He mocked me bitterly. He slid out of the stiff saddle to stand in front of the mage. He only came to the wretches shoulders. "What is your name Red Robe?"

"My name, Sir, is Rulta Steelbound. And my business is my own. If you will allow me to continue, do so. Or I will simply find another way in." I smirked beneath my hood. Every knight new the name 'Steelbound'. It was one of the first names to be on the original list of knights. And here I am, a mage instead of a knight.

The knights tan face drained of all color when he heard the ancient name. "V-very we-well S-Sir. You may con-continue on through." The tiny man stuttered. He couldn't believe it, a 'Steelbound'? Out here? He motioned for the gate to open and permit the tall mage.

Rulta made his way through the vast opening, listening to the rude mutterings of him from the Knights. Now I can safely use the ring. He carefully pulled a ring of emerald, with odd runes etched on to it, and placed it on his middle finger. He spoke the spidery commands for the ring and demateriallized to the horror of the Knights.

4. Ranna

Ranna The Wayfarer

Call me a nomad, for I travel with the wind.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Max strode through the alley's of Palanthas, her face set light and open. He staff brushing the crude streets softly. Every now and then a clear tap could be heard above the usual chatter and ruckus of the city. Making her way out of the darker alley, she headed for one of the main streets where she casually listened to the usual drama of the folk that drifted by her. So used to her walking along the street, many of the people had the common decency to move, or, the ruder of them ran into her deliberatly. Of course, she smiled in their general direction and stepped out of their way. Mentally making note of their voice so if the oppurtunity ever arose, she could sweetly teach them a lesson from the wise.

As she turned the corner to head toward an inn, she heard some ruckus, and a few of the rougher men talking by the wall. Keying into their conversation, she heard a man undoubtly a man of larger build by his voice, say, "Dantes! Look at the money! I mean.....just look at it!" He had an obvious farmer accent, and from where she stood, she could hear him grab another man, shorter than him, and thrust him towards the wall. The smaller man, Dantes, lost his temper at this act, and raised his voice in obsceneties towards the other, after venting, he said, "Don't ya touch me, you filthy bum!," Here he took a deep breath, "I see the money, but if those arrogant knights are asking for our help at the High Clerist tower, I'd rather save my skin for another time. Besides, come on, who wants to work with the righteous men who'll get us killed for their honor?! Naw....I'd rather go get drunk at the local bar...come on...." Here, Dantes shoved the other into the stream of people, and Max let his voice meld with the others.

Her attention now caught, she made her way toward the corner, and drifted her hands over the paper pinned against the wall. Slightly annoyed that she could not read it, she tore it from it's hanging and shoved it into her belt. Now eager to know what news it held, she fell back into the crowd of people and headed toward an inn owned by a couple whom were kind to her.

Arriving shortly, she sat down at the bar, and eargerly waited for Roger or Catlin to over. She heard the light footsteps head her way, and cheerfully greeted Catlin, "Good mornin', hun!" She said in a light voice to the owner's wife; and although she didn't see her smile of course, she could here it in the girl's voice.
    "Good morning to you as well, Max. So, what'll it be?"
    "Well, actually, I was just wondering if you'd be so kind as to read me this notice I found?"
    Max pulled the piece of paper from her side, and slid it onto the table. Catlin took it up, and took her sweet time in reading it first, as she wasn't a great reader, and then slowly spoke aloud, "The writer obviously cannot write, but, to sum it up for ya, it asks for warriors to join a knight of Paladin who'll pay the joiners a load of money, girl. But....they're asking you to meet outside the High Clerist Tower within two days of today." For a second there was silence as Catlin obviously didn't like the idea of of the High Clerist Tower part, but I spoke up, "A load of money, eh? And, a knight...hmmm....I think I may check it out." Catlin slapped the notice back onto the table angrily, and muttered under her breath about foolishness, while she rushed away.
    Max winced slightly at her friends attitude, and folded the notice back up and slipped it once again into her pocket. Sighing, she stood up, and picked up her staff, and began to leave, when she heard Catlin sprint towards her. "Max, I don't like the idea, but, here, take some food for you on the house, and may the gods look out for ya, girl." Max smiled, and nodded, replying, "And you too, my friend."

Without another word, she left the inn.

5. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Chris sprinted as fast as his legs could carry him towards the High Clerist Tower. He had been one to have spotted one of the massives. And Christopher 'Orcbane' Klamidis, even being a well payed blacksmith wasn't about to pass up even a small bit of gold. And it had sad that he would be 'paid hansomly' if he took part in this.

And how hard could it be? Chris was after all a 7ft (over actually) muscular young minotaur. Well young at least to his standards which may i say are a bit higher than normal.

Then it came into his view- the high clerist tower. Seemingly suddenly Chris halted his huge frame right on the outskirts of the high clerist tower, just like the sign had said to do. Pulling out his fine carved pipe, one of his most prized possecions, he lit it and started to smoke and think about the mission before him.

But the more he thought the more he had second thoughts. It hadn't put in any detail of the mission. Did this mean it was so life threating only an idiot would do it, or is it just a secret. But then as he thought even more he decieded for the last time- I'll do it. Somebody obiously needs help with something and besides i could use some coin.

But little did Christopher now of the hard and life threating task he was about to take part in.
    (sorry for the short post, but this is just like an intro of my character, plus i couldn't think of much to write :D)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  6. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    After an hour of silent meditation and prayer to Kiri-Jolith I stood from my kneeling postion and headed towards the double doors that lead to the streets of Palathas. Working the kinks out of my sore limbs I knew that this journey will take it's toll on this seemingly young Paladin. Although this was suppose to be an 'easy mission' in the pit of my stomach I knew something wasn't right. Nothing ever goes as planned but what back-up plans could be made for this unexpected journey were already made. There was nothing else to be done but wait for a sizeable force of comrades to assemble outside the gates of High Clerist's Tower.

Walking into the street I feel a cool breeze coming in from the sea. Inhaling deeply I suddenly feel like a weight that I was carrying before now was gone, if only but for the moment.

Looking around the street I notice the setting sun to the west and decide to head towards High Clerist's Tower to see if any had showen up in the time that I had prayer to my god. Heading towards the stables of the my order I saddle up a white stead and head towards the south gate of Palathas, which would be the quickest route to my set meeting point.

Approaching the gates I notice them bared shut but quickly convince the guards to open them for me by showing them my papers. Not willing to do so after dark with bandits, brigands, and spies roaming the outlaying land they took their time in examining my papers making sure everything was checked and then re-checked them. Seeing that everything was in order the obliged me by opening the gates though only enough to permit my to leave and then wquickly shut them just as they had opened the gates.

Urging my mount with a small kick to it's flanks it begins to gallop at a steady pace. Within approximately half and hours time I see the outline of the walls guarding this man-made fortress that no evil has conqueered since my sacred order was founded. Protected by men of light it shall always remain as a monument of our strength.

Seeing a good sized Minatour smoking his pipe on the outskirts of the fortress I slow my mount to a steady walk and then to a groundstopping halt a few feet away from the Minatour. I ask the male minatour, "What bussiness do you have at this hour friend? Night has come and you seek not shealter?"

Finishing I look around to see if any one had heeded my meassages of assistance. Seeing none other then this Minatour and those on guard duty at the gate, whose watchfull eyes never strayed to far from the obviously strong Minatour, I waiting for his reply keeping my hands on my mounts reigns and not near my sword for even I had heard of Minatour's powers in combat and did not wish to enrage such a beast by placing my hand near my weapon even though I felt a pang of fear within me.

7. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack had been wandering this city for a few days, stopping only when he had to to avoid suspicion. Even then he stayed in back alleys rther than nice cozy inns. Back home he'd have had no problem procring a room. But people in this land were different, and here he had no reputation. Every night he had prayed to the eagle gods of his upbrining to deliver him some kind of blessing that he might be able to survive in this land. Krynn they called it. But he simply called it the new lands. He'd heard talk of some quest opening, good pay they'd said, for anyone who reported to the "high clerist tower." Being a born adventurer, and in need of funds, he desided if he could find this building he'd take up the quest.

Turning a corner he saw it. A massive temple, bigger than many other's he'd seen during his period in this world. Surely this must be the high clerist tower they'd told of. He walked the short path to the tower, noting this area was much less populated by common folk than the other areas he'd visited, save by the knights who guarded it. It didn't take him long to figure out an assault was approaching. Some things were the same here as back home. Several human knights gave him questioning looks as he passed. He'd gotten that reaction a lot since landing. He was different from the elves of this world. His skin and hair were both pale, and he had a larger build.

Upon reaching the very outskirts of the tower he saw a minotaur being approached by a paladin on his steed. Dack had encountered minotaurs before, nasty beasts they were, and strong as they were ugly. He was relieved by this one's presence thoug, it didn't show the open hostility those he was familiar with did, and was clearly marked with a strong intellect, for a minotaur at least. Dack approached the beast and the mounted fighter, knowing full well this is how many a quest began. He kept his arms folded and looked the two over, waiting to be addressed before he would speak. One thing was certain, the minotaur's tobacco reminded him of one particular old friend...

8. RaistlinMajere666

RaistlinMajere666 New Member

in a cushiony room with a real tight jacket on...
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The mage opened his eyes to see a dingy room filled with cobwebs. This isn't the Great Library. Where am I? He looked around the room once again and noticed a bed, chair, and desk furnished the depressing room. He took a seat and removed the ring from his finger. He was disappointed that the magic wasn't working properly. But he didn't fully expect it to. A commotion from somewhere below him brought him out of his thoughts. He thought there was a party at first, but soon realized that people were screaming. Damn! He took his steps carefully to the door and peeked out. He was glad to see that he must be in an inn. He krept down the corridor to the stairs and looked below. He could just make out a dead Solamnic and a pile of dust next to the body.

He wrapped his arms around his staff that he carried, and made his way out, unnoticed. He looked around to get his bearings straight, and saw the High Clerist's Tower in the background. He started to make his trudging trip back the way he came, when he heard a yell.

A young Solamnic came crawling around the corner of the inn with a dagger in his side. Rulta immediatley went to the injured man's side. "Who did this to you?" he asked kindly, studying the wound. It was not serious, but it bled freely and wouldn't scab over.

"Meds..Medius Sca-" the Solamnic fell unconcious, having lost a large amount of hislblood.

Rulta pulled the dagger out gently and bandaged the wound the best he could. Seeing to the bleeding stop, he rose and looked through the dark in the direction the injured knight came from. He pulled the words of a fireball spell to mind and gathered the required components from his pouches.

He heard heavy breathing and saw a flash of steel in the waning light of the single moon. He picked his staff up and held it to block the well aimed blow. He saw the kingfisher on the hilt of the sword and knew what his foe was.

A Solamnic Knight.

"Why do you attack, Sir Knight?" The mage asked curiously. He needed time to gather his energy for his spell. "What have I done to you?"

The knight sneered, "I am not a Knight of the Light. I belong to Her Dark Majesty. And what you have done, you saw me murder that witless Knight. Therefore I must destroy you magic- user." He added the last sentence as though it were an afterthought.

Rulta dropped his bat guano and sulfur he held. He had to get out of this. He looked at the diamond shaped crystal in his staff and at the tr****r who advanced slowly. "Deleemri!" He shouted the command that would weaken him beyond fatigue. The dark crystal grew a bright blue and there was a large CRACK! The mysterious man lay unconcious ten yards away.

The tired mage made his way back to the unconcious Knight. He bent down and heaved a large sigh. He picked the man up, and half dragging, half carrying the comatose Knight, made his way back to the High Clerist's Tower; forgetting the rogue Knight until he reaches his destination.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  9. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Still smoking his pipe Chris wondered if this man would come. Just as he was asking himself this, a human paladin and a sickly looking elf approached him. Taking to cautious steps back Chris tryed to get out of the way of the two.

But they obiously wanted something from him. Even as Chris backed up the two men continued to follow him. Then for about one whole minute they all just stood there arms crossed staring at each other, everyone expecting one of the others to speak. "What do you guys want with me?" Chris blurted out after the akward silence.

The paladin and the elf both tryed to speak at the same time but the pale elf's voice just overpowered the human's voice slightly, "I am in search of one who put up the massives in notice to a journey. They said to meet on the outskirts of the hight clerist tower and here i am!" The elf said in a voice that sounded somewhat farmiliar.

"Seriously? I happen to be looking for the same man. But i don't think he's ever coming i've been here for-"

"No the man is coming. That man is me." The paladin interuppted Chris. "I am the man you are questing to find."

"Alright, good." Chris decided, "Is there anyone else? I mean there are more than the three of us, right?"

The paladins face looked grim, "No there are not more, but i am sure that more will soon be searching for us. I can somehow feel it, almost an instinct."

Opeining his mouth wide open and letting out a huge yawn Chris stated sleepily, "Well hope they come soon. The guards may get suspicious."

The elf smiled a smile Chris new from somewere else, were, he couldn't quite get, all he new was, he new the elf from somewhere

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  10. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    "Well as we wait for more to assemble here we might as well head towards an inn or the knights quarters, were I can explain the mission to you in a more comfortable setting. We can find shelter and some food there." I said addressing the two men before me. Starting off I expected the men to follow for if they wanted the gold that the knighthood was offering they would follow to were I could explain the mission to the in comfortable situations.

"So what's your name's?" I asked the two strangers, hoping to learn more about them on the trip towards shelter from the slowly droping temperature as the sun began it's descent. "My name is Egrin Fallabrine. I'm a Paladin of Kiri-Jolith, an honored god worshiped greatly among Knights and Paladins alike."

Wanting to know more about the strange Minatour and Pale looking Elf I ask them, "So were do the two of you hail from? How did you, especially you elf, end up in a place like Palathas?" I ask knowing that the Elven race kept to themselves and knew they thought the war wouldn't come to them, though if the knights were defeated, the war would certainly head in their direction wiping them from the face of Kyrnn just like the knights, though in my opinion much easier then my order.

11. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    "My name is Christopher Klamdis. I have no kin." Chris said as he followed the paladin and the pale elf down the dusty streets towards the Flying Pig Inn and Tavern. After the paladin put his mount in a stable they entered the inn.

"Ahh... it feels good to get out of the cold night air." Chris said warming himself by the fire, and the two other quickly agreed as they all sat by the fire sipping on the warm cider they had gotten from the bartender.

"So what can you tell us about this 'mission.' whats the goal of the quest, Is it very dangerous? You know the background information. Oh and most importantly how many will be going on this quest?"

The human swallowed the cider and began to tell of their mission, "Well you see......."

12. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hearing Chris's questions I respond saying, "Well you see," I say with a sigh, "I'm not quite sure how many will be accompanying myself and us, that is if you choose to come along at all. I am hoping for more people to arrive yet but I can only wait one more day and then I must leave, with or without allies to aid me in my quest to enter the Vale of Vipers and retreive an Artifact of Kiri-Jolith that may just turn the tides of battle in our favor for once." Answering Chris's most important question of how many will journey with me and possibly them if they choose to accopany me and the goal of the mission. I then take a long drink of cider to quench my thirst, continuing unhindered by any interuptions.

"As for the dangers," I say continuing un-interupted by my new friends who were listening intently now, "there will be many. The pawns of the Queen of Darkness will surely send a sizable force out to catch us, and then there are the enviorment's harsh ways; for to get to the Vale of Vipers we must cross a desert and then make a long and hard climb to reach it in the mountians, and then there are the native animals of the desert that can kill a man within seconds, and then the possiblity that there were creatures and other foul creations that are even now guarding the Vale of Vipers itself. So I would say, yes this mission is very dangerous."

"But," I say hoping that they would not leave for although I could have lied it wouldn't have been honorable, "my order will pay each of the volunteers 750 Gold peices to travel there and then 500 gold for the trip back. You will be paid the 750 before hand and the 500 after hand. Also they wish that if you find anything that would intrest the knights in the Vale of Vipers to bring it back. But if you flee and take the 750 of before hand know that it will be enchanted by a White Robed mage and that if you don't complete the task the gold will be transported back to our vaults. Now if you die in the line of duty I will personally see that it goes to any family member that you wish to recieve it if you die on this quest." Finishing my explaination I empty my mug of cider and ask the bartender for some good old fashion ale instead and offer the same to Chris and Dack.

Taking up the tab, for the bartender was obvious doubting our coin I give him a steal extra for having to stay up a little later then usual. I then say to both Chris and Dack, "Well I'll let you sleep on your decisions my friends. If you have any questions I'll be here in the morning." I then adress the bartender, "I'm paying for three rooms. One for each of us." Tossing him the money my money bag feels slightly lighter then when I entered. Seeing that I still had half a mug of ale I quickly finish it in two large gulps and bid Chris and Dack goodnight.

13. Ranna

Ranna The Wayfarer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    After Max had left the inn, she slung the small pack of food Catlin had given her over her shoulder, while breathing in the brisk air of Palanthas. Smiling at the thought of her adventure, she wondered where her friend, Ranna was at that time. She had left a day ago, telling Max, "We'll meet again, my friend. But before I can have peace, there is one more place I must go, and I feel I must go alone." Ranna and Max rarely traveled together, but greatly trusted each other. Although one was a killer, and another a peacemaker. She wondered where the rogue was at the moment, most likely somewhere in the Plains of Solmania.

Max got to the outskirts of town with little incident, and noticed how she had zoned out thinking of her companion. Brushing Ranna from her mind, she focused on making sure she was heading the right way, and quickly orriented herself in the High Clerist Tower's general direction. After a few moments of walking she could make out the sound of a war horse, and a minotaur not to far away. A human's voice rose from where the steed was, and questioned the minotaur. As he was doing so, she heard the footsteps of an....elf? Perhaps kaginesti.

Max knew she was far enough away they wouldn't notice her, so she trailed them back to an in. Her keen hearing catching the Paladin's words. She had chosen a warm spot by the fire as well, and settled back into a sleeping position. With her hood up, she gained little attention, till she realized that she had made a stupid mistake. So focused on the conversation, she only remained in the bar with the minotaur, foreign elf, and the Paladin. Two options rose in her head, join the three, or not, and raise suspcions. She chose the first.

Rising from her position, she reached out where she felt movement in the air, determining it as the Paladin's arm, and gripped him. "Sir, I could not help but hear your conversation, and I'd like to join you on this quest. Although I am blind, that does not mean I cannot fight, nor handle myself; and I could prove to be a necessary asset to your band, if you but give me the chance, sir." Her voice was calm and assured. She knew her capabilities, and she was a nomad for sakes, she knew the land. She let her hand drop.

14. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hearing the womans perposal I looked shooked and was unprepared for this unexpeted event. A blind woman wishing to join us on a dangerous mission. I couldn't allow it. I say to the blind woman, "Sorry miss but we really can't have a...well we really can't accept your help because...well because your blind miss. No offense ment it's just that we need reliable people on this particular mission. Now if you can prove yourself by besting any three men on the street then we will accept you but other wise young miss we can't for it's two dangerous."

Confident that she wouldn't persue the matter further i start to head to my room for the night, for she surely couldn't beat three men off of the streets blind and even if she wasn't blind she may not have had a chance. In my mind I just saved this young lady from death if she would have came with us and humility, in my mind at the moment. But what I didn't know was that I had just gotten a lady mad...

((OOC:And you all know what happens when you get a girl mad))

15. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack listened to the minotaur speak his peace about having no relatives, It couldn't be could it? They seem so much alike, and yet, how could it happen? he thought. He'd never believed much in the tales of alternate incarnations that the shamans spoke of back home. Then again he'd never much believed in different worlds either. Dack desided he'd be honest with these people, after all, he had nothing to lose. "My name is Dackian Keeneyes. I hail from a land far, far away from Krynn. How I came to be here is sometimes a mystery even to me. As for reaching Palathas, well, I simply go where fate takes me."

Dack then listened to Egrin describe the perils of their quest. It seemed tough, especially since the dieties of this land often had many ferverent followers at their beck and call. But Dack didn't have anything to lose. He'd join Egrin, and hopefully Chris and others, and he'd either succeed at this task, or he'd die trying.

As they were prepairing to get some rest a woman approached the soon to be leader of the company. She gave her name and her desire to accompany them, but also that she was blind. Egrin tryed to deny her accompany them unless she could best the three of them in the street. Dack was pretty sure she wouldn't go for it, but he'd been wrong before...

16. Ranna

Ranna The Wayfarer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Max narrowed her silver eyes in annoyance at the men. If there was one thing in the world that she hated it was arrogance and ignorance. Although she understood the common misunderstanding of her abilities, she still took it offensivly. As the paladin began to walk away, she said in a clear voice, "Sir, when the moon rises, a group of thieves meet at an alley way not to far from here. From what I think, the moon is rising soon and five men usually meet. That should fit your needs." Without waiting for their answer, she strode out of the quiet inn, and silently made her way down to the alley. Keeping in the light of the moon so as not to lose the three following her.

She quickly picked up the familar rough voices of the men, but one was missing. Like the night before. She quickly assumed they'd gotten smarter and posted a guard when she heard a man fidgeting around the corner. Max rounded the corner and sharply slammed the butt end of her hardwood staff across his throat. Although he didn't make much noise as she rested one end of the staff on the ground and propelled the other into the man's jaw, she knew that the other four dealing with the tradings and splittings were tense enough they heard something.

Calling out in an edgy voice, a man whispered loudly, "Brian! Brian, what was that?" With no reply, she heard the man tell one of the others to come with him, and heard one draw his sword. She wondered at the other's weapon, the leader obvioiusly, and focused on where he was. His footsteps were heavy, and his breath too. His arms tapped his thighs when he walked in a crouch. He had armed himself with an axe. Confirming this, she leaned into the shadow of the wall, across from the man named Brian, and waited until the man with the axe knelt down next to Brian, and she jumped from the wall and rammed her shoulder into the swordsman's leg, causing him to fall onto the axe wielder. Then rotating on the heel of her foot she threw her weight into her staff as it collided with the swordsman's head. Before he hit the ground she continued to spin and flung her staff over the leader's head and plulled it against his neck. Efficently stopping his breathing. He dropped the axe in reflex as she pulled him off his knees.

17. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Following the girl trhough the streets of Palathas out of fear for her safty I think to myself, If she wishes to get her butt kicked then so be it. I have better things to do, like sleeping for that matter. But no, I'm forced to follow her to see she doesn't get hurt because my honor demands that of me for even suggesting that she goes out in the street and fights. If I ever get in this situation again I'll hold my tounge and silently leave so I never have to go through this again!

Approaching an alley way I assumed she went in search of cut throats and robbers alike for they are the only ones who, at this late hour of night, stalked the alleys. This was there domain and now she went in as if she owned the place. Shaking my head I follow some distance away so that if there was a trap, which there was bound to be one, the other two and myself could effectively protect this obvious spoiled young lady.

As she turns a corner I hear a loud noise and the sound of a body falling heavily to the ground. Fearing the worst I sprint towards the corner drawing my longsword as I go. Skidding to a sudden halt as I see the obvious sentry of this particular group laying on his back from a blow that this girl that I assumed to be a spoiled brat had delt him. With the shock still noticable on my face I hear the sound of heavy foot falls heading this way. Withdrawing behind the corner I wait to see the outcome of this battle between a blind women and two obvious well armed and dangerous men.

As she quickly deals them fast defeats with the only noise being from her weapon hitting their body and their groans of pain I am surrpised at her seemingly disadvatage and wonder if she truely was bliind or if she was just deceiving us.

"Alright, you've passed the audition, so I guess that means your the first to join this group of adventurers. I am Egrin, a Paladin of Kiri-Jolith. What is your name?" I ask her as I tell her who I am.

Reciveing her reply I say, "Well now, let's get some sleep before the morning. This," I said while gesturing towards the three bodies laying on the ground, "will surely frighten any others for quite some time." Yawning I put up my sword and head towards the inn to get a goods night's rest.

18. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Yawning, very annoyed Chris followed after Egrin and the blind woman. He had looked forward to sleeping after such a long day. Running through the mazework of alleys and streets he sees Egrein stop suddenly ahead.

Stopping with him and looking around he hears a crash and a few yells and then more bodies dropping. Shaking his head Chris thought for the worst, that the woman had been killed by these 'people'. But running towards the spot of the ruckus, there was only the dead bodies of the thugs with the blind woman looking upon the dead bodies.

Seeminly suprised as Chris was also Egrin questioned the woman as he welcomed her to the group. The trio then heads back to the inn for a good nights rest before there adventures on the next day.

After finding and entering his room Chris settled down on the chair for his nightly smoke (OOC i wasn't kidding when i said his hobby was smoking his pipe) and thought once again about what had happened.

They now had a new companion, the blind woman Max. She seemed like a great fighter, esspecially for someone with such a large disablitly. All in all it seemed like the chance of getting that artifact just seemed as it would be easier now with such a good squad to fighters, though he hoped there be more. With all the dangers Egrin explained it seemed like they would need more people. But ah, well he thought getting into his bed that was nearly to small for him, everything will turn out in the end

19. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack sat in his bed staring at the cieling thinking about what had happened outside. The blind woman, Max, had told them about a squad of thieves and then led them toward the nair-do-wells. In a matter of second there had been a sound like a body falling. Egrin and Chris feared for the worst, but Dack knew better. If she'd led them out there she would have been ready for one guy, plus, he had the eyes of a hawk, and had seen the whole thing. When the other two arrived she easily dispatched them as well.

It had been quite a thing to see, and he was glad she hadn't desided to fight them instead. He sat up and got out of bed. He didn't need as much sleep as the races of this realm. Little sleep was ever allowed back home with the orcs. For every second could lead to an attack, so constant vigilence was needed. He started pacing in his room, not wnating to leave and miss anything that could happen tonight. So for now he would wait.

20. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Chris was asleep when he heard a crash from outside. Jumping out of bed and rushing to the window he looked outside. Swearing he put his hand on the window and looked at the inns door. It had opened and shut in the wind. And now he would never be able to go to sleep.

Chris tryed as hard as he could to go back to sleep to no avail. He just couldn't stop worrying. Not exactly scared worry but more of a excited worry. Alright fine. He was a little scared. He sat up in bed rubbing his eyes. He wouldn't get to bed anytime soon, so why try right?

He started pacing his room and thinking about things. But little did he now in the room next door the elf Dack was doing right then also.