RPG#15 - The Artifact of Kiri-Jolith - Evil

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by Jaymes, Mar 14, 2006.

1. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lunalath was too consentrated looking at the map on the table to see or hear the bloody dagger flying through the air. She pressed her chest and swallowed her scream. It would be too risky to make any sounds at all...
    The tall elf male quickly took the map and said to his group that they weren't alone.
    You're right love, I'm here too, she tought and grinned. The warning must have come from the halfdemoness who was fighting with Darius. Luna didn't want that creature to find her. Her protection spells would be strong enough to keep her hidden, but she knew that some demons could feel her presence and it would make everything a bit complicated. She was happy she had the ability to hide some of her power aura so that people couldn't know how powerful she truly was. It would be enough to bluff the demoness...

The other group members were talking to each others fiercely, maybe wondering what to do. She took one good look at them before she sneaked out of the inn. The minotaur would be easy to regognize 'cause doubtly there would be any other members of this race nearby. The suspicious looking long elf with pale skin and white hair would also be easy to regognize. He looked beautiful and Luna almost felt sorry they weren't on the same side in this story. The two kagonestis were talking to each other..no the other one was only half-elf. Kagonesti wasn't as tall as the pale elf, but atleast as beaytiful for a male.
    As Lunalath walked from the inn, she saw two black kagonesti eyes looking right at her, but then their look wondered away. She grinned.
    Just a coinsidence... But soon...

2. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius pondered for several long minutes on how he was going to do this. His dark mistress had spoken to him several times on this quest, but she was not so close a sponsor as Chemosh was to Divida. He needed that map if he was going to get to the Vale of Vipers. Every second he was without some path there Divida got closer to the artifact. Joining with the other group was far out of the question. Luna was gone, and these other three had all the reason in the world not to trust him.

His only chance was if Darkwind could see that map long enough to copy it down soon. Before that foul mage, and before that other group got moving again. He couldn't fall behind them again. That chance wasn't good enough, he needed something full proof. If he could get to the Vale, he could eliminate Firebane, and then wait for Luna to annihilate her as well. Once that was done fate could deside what happened to him next. Either way he needed to make some move, standing here wasn't doing him any good.

3. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lunalath had no problems to walk out of the village without anyoone of it's usual residents to notice. But she had a strange feeling in her back that she was being followed, maybe by the elves or the half demoness. Luna couldn't remember if she had herd her name. It made her frown, to know someone's name could be important to make certain spells.

She had to make haste, even though Darius and the others were on the other side of the village. There was no way that shadow creature would let her go without a proper fight. And Luna didn't want to get into a fight, she wanted to save her energies for Firebane, though she hoped that it would never come to that.

The protection spells started to wear her off. She had made several spells that day, but had had no rest at all. Anhd there was no rest coming either before she was faraway enough.. She knew the teleportation spell like her own pockets, but she couldn't risk using it after she hadn't had a proper look at the map. That ment that she might get inside a tree or a rock if she made a mistake with the locasion. Thought of it wasn't too pleasant...

4. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius got the reaction he'd expected. Kalder had left, likely to go rejoin Verminaard's forces. Medius had also left, though Darius suspected he had something on his mind other than throwing himself into another battle right away. And then there was Ranna, who'd vanished as he'd been speaking. He didn't know if the rogue had truely left, or if she was planning something. It didn't matter, he didn't believe her a match for him, and for now he had more important things to worry about.

He quickly took to the trees again. Moving through the branches as swiftly as a monkey, enhanced by his teleportation he'd soon enough have caught up with the other group. This entire city had been of no use to him, save that he confirmed his expectations of Luna, and now had Darkwind hot on the trail of his enemies. This is the way a man such as him should work, he desided. With one partner of similar skills.

5. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Divada woke in a cold sweat breathing heavily. It was the time for her to take the artifact for herself and to finally kill of those idiots who sought her. Luckily to her advantage none of them knew how to get to the Vale of the Vipers. Her master Chemosh had granted her the knowledge of getting their. Her fingers tapped Rune's shoulder and he looked up at his mistress.

"Div...what are you planning on doing...?" he asked quietly but when he looked up into her eyes he knew what she was about to do.

A wicked smile crossed her face before she became impassive once more. "I'm going to cause a bit of havok for those goody and supposed allies of ours and nothing more."

Rune was a bit confused at how Divada could do this so he nodded in confirmation. "How are you going to do that...?"

"I was going to send them a little present from the underworld and nothing more. A little friend to play with...and a friend that the Shade who is working with them will have to deal with and won't be able to destroy it with a simple snap of her fingers. Bah. How dare that Shade come into this universe and ruin my plans."

Letting her arms fall to her sides Divada began chanting quietly as she concentrated her powers into summoning the Seether. The beast could easily crush them like flies. Its powers were strong due to the fact it fed on the energy used by its enemies. Every swing of the sword of magical spell caused the beast to become stronger and more powerful. A large black shape with black wings, large talons, horns protruded from its head, a well muscled body, and a long tail appeared before Divada. It spoke in a deep demonic voice.

"You have summoned me witch...? What will you have me do...?" the Seether growled.

"Go and destroy those who follow me. Make sure you kill them all except for Darius - I want him kept alive at least until he arrives so I can send him to the firey hell from which he came. As for the bothersome Shade who travels with them in the shadows destroy her - she's is a thorn in my side which needs to be plucked. Once you are done then go back into hell and take their souls with you. Do you understand..?"

"Yes mistress." Seether said as he vanished into the night air leaving the two of them alone.

Divada looked to the cave where the artifact waited.

"You and I both know that in order to defeat our enemies we must be the one who gain the artifact. I'm going into the cavern after it. Deep down inside I know that this cavern possesses great power to keep enemies at bay but with my newly found powers I can make it to the artifact. Please be on gaurd for those fools who seek us and deal with them. Give them hell."

Rune rose to his feet and embraced Divada, holding her tighter than he had ever done in all of his time knowing her. "I will Div." he whispered as he tilted her head up. Leaning in he kissed her softly, long, and deep. The kiss seemed to last an hour before he released her. Divada didn't say anything but nodded.

"Don't worry - I'll be back." she called out to him as she walked toward the cavern entrance. It was black but with her new found powers she could see into the darkness and somehow her cold heart knew exactly where the artifact lay. Taking a deep breath she descended into the darkness below.

In the trees behind the group of allies a large black demonic being appeared.

(ooc: I have no idea where anyone is...I hope that is close..if not can someone update it to the correct location? thanks!)

* TAG *

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  6. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius felt a sharp spike of energy far in the east. Divida he thought as a sneer came over his face, what are you planning witch? He learned quickly just what was happening when the alien energy moved with speed like his own to an area just outside the city. No doubt where that other group was. He made sure to remember the approximate area where he'd felt it appear. It wouldn't be a sure bet, but he now had a good idea where he had to go. He doubled his efforts and speed in getting to the area where this thing now was. He quickly arrived to see just what Divida had brought down upon them.

The beast was massive, sent strait from the abyss, ironic that it had come from his mistress' realm. As much as he'd like to get rid of this lot, he wasn't going to give Divida the satisfaction. Drawing both of his blades he sprung into action. But something was wrong, he only struck glancing blows at first. Yet each strike healed almsot instantaneously. "Son of a ..." he muttered as the demon sent him flying into the trees before turning his attention to those he was sent to crush.

7. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lunalath was breathing heavily and she had to stop. She hadn't rested for long when she herd singing from where she had come from. She listened to it carefully, it sounded so very sad. Her curiocity arouse and she started to sneak closer. She knew it was risky, but the song was so pretty.. Pretty songs had always been close to her heart. Like the ones her beloved used to sing for her when she had still been an apprentice at Sakards little house...

But before Luna could reach the source of the voice, she felt a powerful energy. It came upon her like a wave and she turned her head around and around in confusion. Demons?! No, it can't be, I must be wrong... she thought to herself, when she heard the creature's scream. She hurried her steps towards it, she had to see.

Lunalath came to the place just in time to see Darius flying to the tress. He fell down just few feets from her, but didn't see her, which was no suprise. He was lucky if he survived from that hit.
    But she had other things in her mind than just Darius. She saw that the demon was after the other group. They were prepairing themselves to the battle to come as well as they could in the few seconds they had before the demon would make it's first attack.

Lunalath started to move her hands in quick speed and mumbled the words of power, she felt great relief that Sakard had teached her how to control, create and destroy creatures like this. Her eyes turned completely white as if she was blind when she screamed the last word of the spell. It made the huge demon stop it's attack. It seemed as roots had tangled it's legs to the ground and were now tangling its hands too. But the demon still screamed and growled and winged its wings. With all of its power it tried to break itself free. She had to be careful, if her spell roots would hurt it, it could break itself free easily. Creatures like this fed themselves with chaos, she felt relief that Sakard had tought that to her.
    Lunalath fell on to her knees while her hands were pointing to the creature, she knew she couldn't hold the creature for long, it was too powerful. If the other group could weaken it, she could send it back to where it once came from.

''HEAL THE DAMN THING!'', she screamed at them, ''it will...ugh...kill it..''

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  8. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "Is women plaguing you with ill will every step you take part of your curse?” Dyami asked sarcastically

“It seems that way.” Darius said after he realized who she was. “Though at this moment, it seems that your group shares in my fate.” He looked over to the other group. Every stroke of their blades fed the demon, making him grow and become all the more powerful. Darius struggled to sit up. A few broken bones, but it was nothing he couldn't handle. That thing could have hit him a lot harder.

Something told him it was Divida who kept it from doing so. She was mocking him. But suddenly Luna appeared to help in this battle. She called something about healing the monster. The other group took it to heart. An ally they must have just recently gained began some sort of call. Darius' skin began to burn. Not horribly so, but he realised what the song was, "Healing magic." It seemed to be working, the demon groaned as he began to shrink little by little. The assassin began to slowly crawl away from this battlefield. He couldn't fell the beast himself, and needed a spot to rest and recuperate while the other team battled it.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  9. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lunalath put all her powers to holding the demon that attacked. It still could use its wings while its legs, hands and tale were all tied to the ground. She begged in her mind that the others had herd her voice and were now healing the creature instead of smashing it. It would only make it stronger! She felt the same power she had felt earlier in the song she had started to follow and looked at her side. She saw a figure enchanting, making a healing spell. It had a destroying effect on the beast.
    A little smile rose to Lunalaths face, just before she collapsed to the ground.

After a while, she saw a figure upon her. She felt a touch and tried to say something, she didn't know what, maybe a plee to save her life, maybe a curse, but just a sigh escaped from her lips before she fell into healing darkness.

10. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    In time the other group managed to fell the demon. They got closer together not far away, no doubt to speak of their plan, but something caught Darius' eye. The slumped, unconscious form of Luna. Normally the assassin would have taken this opportunity for vengance. But he had more important things to deal with. He staggered over to the quickly deteriorating form of the demon. This would serve a double purpose.

He only knew a few spells, but Darkwind had quite an abundance of them. "Darkwind, show me this beast's memory. In a moment it's eye began to glow as the shadow mancer did as requested. Looking through it he saw the demon's memory since it's summoning. That gave him the information he needed as he saw Divida and Rune, but more importantly, the exact details of the cave they were in. AFter that he quicly fed on the demon's remaining blood. This served to heal his remaining wounds exponentially.

He stood and left the other group, the chance to kill Luna was tempting, but his score with Divida was first and foremost in his mind. And the best way to start, was to take something precious from her. "Darkwind, stay with them and make sure they reach the Vale, it seems I'll need their assisstance to kill Divida." In a blink he was gone, far from the group to where Rune stood guard, waiting for Divida to gain the artifact.

Rune immediately felt the disturbance of Darius arrival. Still the assassin stayed hidden, for the time being, at one with the shadows. "Well hello Rune, good to see you again. It's unfortunate it had to be under these circumstances, but you know how this business works..." Darius leapt forth out of the darkness, his nails poinsed to pierce Rune's neck. However the elf was skillfully able to avoid the attack and draw his swords.

"That's the spirit, total devotion to that insufferable witch you serve!" Darius drew his blades as Rune dove forth in responce to Darius insulting Divida. The two locked blades, and it seemed Rune would be able to over power the human. But Darius quickly showed greater manuverability. Teleporting and shadow melting to keep Rune guessing his location. Their duel went on for several minutes, and Rune learned gradually that Darius could end it at any time, but he was having far too much fun to simply execute him. "Let's make a deal Rune. You say hello to my mistress when you see her, and I'll say hello to yours when I send her to you!" Rune began to step his game up, managing to wrestle the upper hand from Darius and duel him to a stand still. Perhaps this wouldn't be quite as simple as Darius had thought...

Last edited: Jul 15, 2006
  11. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Rune didn't respond to Darius' lies. He would NEVER betray his mistress to this gloating fool. When the man teleported away from him he sneered. Darius too had gained newly found powers but so had Rune. He chanted heavily and the cuts Darius had given him healed. He then chanted in his elven tongue and his twin swords began to burn with a bright blue flame. He swung at Darius as his elven speed took over and his mind was set on destroying Darius if need be he would end his life for his mistress.

"I'll never betray her - you know nothing about her you scum." Rune snarled in rage.

Darius parried the attack as their two blades clattered together. The fight continued on but this time it was more violent.

In the depths of the cavern Divada heard the commotion from outside. Darius was here. That Shade had helped him. She needed Lord Chemosh's help to get Rid of that Shade once and for all. And as if he was called on by her mere thoughts he appeared.

"The Shade needs to be slain. I shall destroy her once and for all." Chemosh stated and before Divada could ask him the question on her mind he vanished. She doubled her efforts as she made her way swiftfully through the cavern. The artificat was so VERY close now she could feel its power. Her blood cried out for the power.

*Tag Darius and Darkwind*

I.R. - Please PM me when you reply so I'll know. I hardly check this section anymore. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  12. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Now Rune was showing his true skill. Quickly rattling off a spell his cuts closed and his words became covered in a blue flame. Darius didn't care, he'd heard the malice in Rune's voice. The elf had showed Darius his anger, now the human knew he was under the elf's skin. And the longer he was there, the easier it would be to destroy Rune from the inside out.

He'd never liked Rune until now. The elf had always seemed too calm, too controlled. And, although Darius would never admit it, Darius had almost thought the elf was above being moved this easy. Now that Darius knew Rune got angry just the same as anyone else, Darius could easily control the rest of this fight. He wasn't about to take Rune too lightly, he was still a highly skilled warrior, but now that he'd exposed Rune he was ready to toy with him.

They continued their battle. Darius began to test his abilities, figuring he could use every trick he could muster against Divida. Using his ability to melt with the shadows he only began to use the ability, allwing him to walk on the walls and top of the cavern. Rune knew Darius wasn't taking his seriously at this point, and the elf used this to his advantage. He jumped up and flipped, kicking the hanging human square in the face, causing him to fall to the ground. Darius crashed to the floor and barely managed to roll out of the way of Rune's sword.

But the elf's blade did catch something. As Darius stood he realised he no longer wore his mask. He turned and looked at Rune with a wide grin. Rune didn't show his disgust, but Darius knew his burned, scarred, hole filled face sent a chill through the elf. "What's wrong? Am I not pretty enough to serve the lord of the undead?" Before Rune could fully regain his composure Darius lunged, determined that he wouldn't give Rune another opportunity again.

13. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Rune took a heavy gasp of air as he cleared his thoughts and let his rage go. He fell in a surreal calmness as he took his blades and raised them high into the night sky. Daruis had to be stopped - not matter what. He had purposfully ignored Darius' comment about Divada. What indeed had shocked him was the fact that Darius was partially undead himself. In the past Rune knew their was something suspicious about Darius but not this. The two locked blades once more. Steel met steel as they fought around the desert terrain. Both were sweating and gasping as they swung high and sometimes low. The battle was immense and energy draining to them both. No matter how powerful Darius was he too was becoming drained. Maybe it was the sun's immense heat or maybe it was the evil aura in the atmosphere. Whatever it was Divada needed to get the artifact quickly.

* Tag - I don't know how long you want this battle to last. Please Don't kill Rune yet. *

14. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    (it can end whenever, just tell me when you're ready)

Darius was starting to get annoyed. Sure, this had been a great battle, but it was taking too long. The sun was starting to take it's toll. Soon Darius needed to take to the shade so he could start to heal again. If he didn't finish Rune soon this battle may not stay in his favor. Rune was fighting for his love, and he was willing to die for her. Darius needed to either get in the shade to use his spells again, or take a strategic retreat.

Then he saw that while Takhisis didn't aid him as constantly as Chemosh did Divida, when she did, it was as helpful as she could be. Clouds began to gather, a storm was coming, but more importantly the sun's rays were blocked. He couldn't heal while fighting Rune, but he now had some shadows to work with, as well as the ability to teleport. However this development also aided Rune, he was no longer boiling in his own sweat, and both of them were still very tired. But Darius wasn't about to give up yet.

15. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    The clash of steel against steel echoed in the surrounding mountain range. Rune had let his mind be set in a surreal peacefulness. The two of them had been fighting for over an hour. Both were tired and when the sudden rain storm had come through Rune knew it had been from Darius mentor Thaskis. He saw Darius' wounds heal but not his stamina. Rune needed an escape route. He chanted heavily as a few brutal flashes of lightning descended from the clouds causing Darius to loose his focus on Rune for a moment. When the lightning stoped Rune was in the shadows well away from the cavern.

"I did enjoy our little fight," Rune called out, "I say we take a break. If you want to proceed to my mistress then do so but remember when you meet up with her we will have words once more."

Rune knew he needed some rest and as soon as he heard Darius answer he would rest up but not for long. If Darius desired to go after Divada he wouldn't stop and simply take a break. Rune needed to be ready so he pulled forth an elixer from his pouches and drained the contents. He felt his body's weakness disperse and his tiredness disappeared. He was once again ready to battle Darius but not at this moment in time. He wanted to catch Darius off hand some way. If Divada could ask Chemosh a request then so could he. He just hoped the Lord of Death would heed his call.

* Tag *

16. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    There was a burst of lightning and suddenly Rune was far from Darius. "I did enjoy our little fight," Rune called out, "I say we take a break. If you want to proceed to my mistress then do so but remember when you meet up with her we will have words once more." Darius grinned as he put his mask back on, "Very well, I'd think by our next meeting we'll both be ready for another round. Until then..." With that Darius vanished from Rune's sight, but he wasn't ready to pursue Divida yet.

Rune had taken a lot out of him. Darius knew Divida had supplied him with some means of preserving himself, and so Darius needed one for himself. It wasn't long before he happened upon a snake who would be suitable for his purposes. Freeing his mouth he quickly caught the animal and bit into it. It's blood replenished his strength, but he still wasn't ready to fight Rune again. Teleporting back to the opening that would lead him to Divida he looked to the sky one last time, this was going to be fun.

17. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    ( OOC: Guess I'll continue along. )

Rune snuck back into the shadows as he saw a lightning bolt smash into the rocks in front of him sending him flying backwards. Smoke rose from where the lightning struck and Rune peered for any signs of movement as his elven eyes resumed their focus to the darkness. He snorted as he rose to his feet and turned around. He gasped and fell back before he nearly collided into Lord Chemosh.

"Lord.....Chemosh..." he whispered and bowed his head. "Why do you honor me with your presence...?"

"You have been chosen to become a warrior of hades for my army or more specifically Divada's army. I have selected you because you will not betray her nor will you give up any information to Darius. I wish for you to defeat him and by giving you this honor I will release Divada's soul and body into your possession once you both have the artifiact, agreed?"

Rune looked at Chemosh trying to see if he was lying but somehow he knew he wasn't . It was still odd for the God to appear now in Rune's time of need. He always had finished battles on his own and not with anyones help yet this would indeed give him the upper hand.

"I will." he replied and then Chemosh laid his hand onto Rune's head and all he saw was darkness....

Meanwhile in the cavern Divada made her way throughout the dangerous caverns when her ears picked up the sounds of footsteps. She knew Darius was on his way into the cavern but the traps she had laid waited in darkness. One fall into a trap and he would be wounded and not killed. She didn't want him to die of an injury without her being able to slam her blades through his chest and then ripping his heart out and throwing it into the abyss. Soon time would tell and soon she would have the artifact. She could feel its power crawling through the cavern. Soon it would be hers and soon she would be ruler of all.

* Tag *

18. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius could feel the presence of Chemosh above. "Meddlesome bastard..." he muttered as he carefully navigated the cave. It was odd, a mortal annoyed by a god. But Chemosh had been giving him a great deal of annoyance since the begining of this whole ordel. At first the human thought Takhisis had some outlandish reason for not assisting him. However it was staring to make sence ever since his duel with Rune. The elf was good yes, but Darius could have ended their battle easily if he'd so chosen. Takhisis hadn't directly interfered yet, because so far he hadn't needed it. This was a nice boost to Darius' confidence and ego. Chemosh knew Divida neded all the aid possible in order to defeat him. Darius just had to make sure she still failed.

Darius knew Divida had activated or destroyed every original trap in this place, but she was too damn clever not to have set her own. Still, Darius was clever too, and damn lucky. In this cave there were many toads. This particularl breed of toad was especially poisonous. Darius had built up a tolerance to several poisons, this being the most important of these. He gathered several sticks, sharpened them, and poisoned them with a toad he'd caught earlier. He forced the needles into the skin on his chest where he could quickly grab them. The pain was unreal, but Darius didn't care, all that mattered was that Divida would die before him. Once this task was finished he hurried in the direction Divida was in, using the classic stone technique to search for traps.

19. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Divada heard the first of her traps go off but no scream. Arrogant bad word was still alive. She needed to end his life now before he arrived. Calling upon her magic she summoned Rune to her side who looked even more relaxed than she did. When she touched his arm he looked to her and she smiled feeling her Lord Chemosh's power radiat from him. Rune leaned in close to his mistress and signaled to his right. He could feel Darius making his way from the left side of the cavern. The screech of spider caught his attention. Darius was getting close - too close in fact for Rune's liking. Leaning in he kissed Divada long and deeply. After all this might be the last time he saw her. After ending the kiss Rune readied himself for battle.

Divada closed her eyes as she focused her magics allowing them to get stronger with each passing minute and besides the darkness only increased her magical powers. No light could penetrate this cavern not even a magical lighting spell fore she cast a protective dark magic barrier to all magicians except herself. This would make the magician powerless unless her magical barrier was broken and only the most powerful mages could penetrate her shield. The only one who could break it was her Lord Chemosh and he didn't want that. She wanted to only please her lord.

Rune readied his battle axe and elven scimitar. His eyes were focused down the cavern as he waited. Darius would be here all too soon. The kiss he had given Divada had allowed his fears fade fore he knew that he loved Divada too much to see her die. He was willing to die for his love for her even if it was meant to be in this battle with Darius. It didn't matter anymore - his mind had been made up. Now was the time for victory - the death of Darius would mean eternal life with the woman he loved.

* Tag *

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  20. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius was almost disappointed at how things were all turning out. Luna was now involved with the late paladin's group, Firebane had the relic within her grasp, and that damn elf had avoided his blades. Still, Darius was getting closer and closer to his final objective. The sweet release of death he'd desired since he'd been cursed those years ago. Despite that achieving this goal had been nothing but trouble. If he'd known it would be this painful he would have left that foolish elf alive to work with all these problems.

Darius could feel Rune's presence down the cavern. So he would get to kill the elf after all. Darius would enjoy stamping out the closest thing to love that witch was capable of experiencing. That was the only way that anyone could harm her through a means other than physical force. This time he wouldn't waste time with Rune. He would destroy the elf, save for his eyes. He'd keep those in tact so Rune could watch hi mistress die by the human's hand.