RPG#15 - The Artifact of Kiri-Jolith - Evil

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by Jaymes, Mar 14, 2006.

1. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    ''...or are you as useless to me as your brother?"

Lunalath bursted into a wild laughter. If Darius could have seen her, he would have seen tears pouring down her cheeks. She waved her invisible hand and called the power to assist her. Her silent plee created a magical force which made Darius fly against the tree behind him. The pressure held his body still and he couldn't move a limb.

''Being a bit agnorant, Darius, master of shadows?'' Lunalath said and pushed his body even harder. Darius had hit a nerv by mentioning Kelevendros's name.

''If you truly wish to die, all you need to do is to ask and I will end your days for good.
    And don't worry, I will help you to kill Firebane. I still need a bate..'' she said grimly and laughed again.

2. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    ''If you truly wish to die, all you need to do is to ask and I will end your days for good. And don't worry, I will help you to kill Firebane. I still need a bate..''

Very good Luna, but you've made one mistake... you showed me your heart... Darius could have escaped this force prison, but there wasn't any need. She was no use to him dead. So he wouldn't antagonize her further, he had to finish this job before he was freed from this existence. "Very well Luna, then it is agreed my life is yours once this is over. However, we still have the goblin and rogue to consider. Not to mention those others..."

3. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    ''Do not talk to me like we are partners! I content with your company for now, Darius, but just because I need your assistance,'' Luna said coldly. Like I'd need anyone as pathetic as you. I just wish to stab your back like you did to my brother.
    ''As far as I see, our companions will be a benfit for us for now. If you wish to eliminate them, then do it, but don't expect my help in it.''

She waved her invisible hand again. Darius fell to the ground, but he was on his feet before he even hit it.
    Lunalath looked at him and grinned. She then waived her hand again, this time turning herself visible again. She then turned her back to Darius without listening to any reply and walked towards where Ranna, Kalder and Medius were waiting. She knew that her staff's aura would protect her against any attack Darius could try. Though she knew he wouldn't be foolish enough to even try.

Pathetic spell. Maybe I really should have ripped that rotten flesh off his bones..., Lunalath though as she gracefully walked away.

4. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    As Darius got up he toyed with the idea of cutting the elf in half. But he desided against it. He hated it, but he would need her help if he was going to finally get what he desired. Only dark magic could end his life. That is what he'd gathered from what that damned magus had told him after cursing him this way. He also resolved that he wouldn't kill the others. Their blood may be needed to sustain him soon.

Now now Darius, don't be so upset. At least she's giving you what you need. And if the little elf needs her ego boosted, let it be so. Focus your energy on what you will need to do to defeat Divida. Focus on the artifact, and your reward when you get it for me... Takhisis speaking to him again. She was right, as much as he'd like to kill the little elf when she killed him all would be as he desired it.

5. Black Tattoo

Black Tattoo The Corruptor

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    DarkWind had watched the exchange silently from the shadows - a more chaotic scene she had not witnessed since the battle between Darius's groupd and the other. Feeding on the Chaos generated by the conflict of the two, she smiled as she felt her wounds quickly healing themselves - she could feel herself growing stronger.

Spirit restored, the shadowmancer turned from the cursed human and the she-elf. Where, she wondered, had the little goblin and the rogue gone? Communing with the shadows arouund her, she sent them forth searching...searching...until she knew exactly where the two unlikely companion were...

Swiftly moving through the darkness and shadows....DarkWind made for their location...

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  6. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    The footsteps of Rune woke Divada up from her slumber. He leaned in close and whispered quietly in her ear - his breath hot on her cold skin. "Be wary Div, they now seek us out."

Divada's blue eyes seemed to glow in the darkness of the desert. Forcusing her vision onto movement 200 yards away she nodded in agreement. "It seems that the foul Takhisis had sent some minions to stop us, huh? Well they'll fall for those traps you set up right, Rune?"

Rune noded. "They'd better if not my axe has been grieving for some blood as of late. Perhaps I'll make it happy by killing a few."

"Better yet...." Divada said as she leaned in against Rune. "Let's go give them a proper greeting."

"Agreed."

With that said Rune and Divada both crossed the caverns and went there seperate ways in the darkness to attack the so called stealthy assassins.

7. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    As she walked in the woods, Lunalath had different kinds of options rolling in her head. Whether she should keep her bargain with Darius and assist him, or should she make a deal with the goblin Kalder, Ranna and Medius or should she be off on her own. Only problem she might face though, is Firebane, but then again she thought, they've both mages..

Ah, what should I do!? She thought to herself and leaned to a tree, looking at the sky. It was getting dark, so she could clearly see Nutari rising to the sky. Tell me, what should I do?

She knew that the others would propably loose their lives in this. Because of Darius. But they were Kel's friends. They didn't deserve that.
    She continued her walk towards the others. They were still there. She looked at them.

''Watch out for the cursed one. I don't trust him even though we have the same goals. Not after what he did to Kelevendros..'' she whispered and pressed her fists.

8. Black Tattoo

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    From the shadows, DarkWind watched Lunalath. She was perceptive this one. No doubt, she would be a challenge. Surveying the group with whom the rogue now travelled, she was certain of her observation. DarkWind stayed in the growing shadows and carefully kept watch over the steadily shrinking group. So many choices for creating Chaos.

A smile crept across DarkWind's beautiful face, as she chanted softly. The shadows answered to her call, drifting out towards the group. Like a damp chill, they climbed over the group members - unseen but certainly felt.

9. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Having killed all of the assassins Divada sat down on the ground panting but not heavily. Her face was moist with beads of sweat but she wasn't tired nor did she show any signs of weakness. Her fists glowed an eerie blue color as she held her warblade. She could still smell the scent of burnt flesh and putrid scents which had accompanied these foul beasts after they died. Their deaths had been easy and painful. Sure she had to give the foul beasts credit because her right arm was dripping blood - one of their blades had cut deep into her right elbow. Her hair was matted to her back which she grabbed hold of and adjusted the braid. She had lost sight of Rune but she knew he was coming up the path and that he too was beaten around a bit.

"Div are you okay?" Rune called out as he neared his lover.

"I'm better off than you are Rune."

Rune came atop the hill where Divada was sitting on a rock. She saw that Rune had a broken right arm which could be mended easily but she saw that he had internal injuries as well which were not so easy to heal. Rune coughed up a bit of blood and spat it out. Something about that made Divada shiver with excitement. When he neared Divada Rune sat onto the ground and let Divada run her healing hands over his arm. He cgrowled in pain when the bone snapped back into place. Once the bone was back into place she added an extra healing touch and Rune settled down.

"We'd better get some rest...." Divada told him quietly and Rune nodded in agreement.

Divada then settled next to Rune's big frame and the big elf took hold of his mistress keeping her warm. Divada settle off to sleep quickly but Rune lay awake for a long time as he kept a look out.

10. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius reached thew group shortly after Luna, managing to catch her warning. "Don't think you're the only one who's been apprehensive of me elf. They all know what I've done just as well as you." He couldn't help but smile beneath his mask at their looks, no longer masking their malice. "You'll all get your chance, but for now you'll need me as much as I need you to get back at the war mage."

His smile grew wider as their faces showed they all knew he was right. Even if they weren't loyal to him, they needed him to be alive if they were going to take the artifact from Divida. "Now, seeing as we still lack a means to get to the Vale of Vipers without the enemy, I'm perfectly open to suggestions on how to get one."

11. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Fine then my Lord Nuitari, Lunalath thought to herself. I shall stand alone then. Like I have, after they all - -
    She felt humiliated and ashamed. She hadn't expected Darius to follow her so quickly, but she still kept her cold expression. But inside she was boiling. She knew she would be a great amusement to the chaos creature following them, she new the female could feed with her anger. Lunalath closed her eyes for a moment to gather herself up.

"Now, seeing as we still lack a means to get to the Vale of Vipers without the enemy, I'm perfectly open to suggestions on how to get one," Darius said to their companions.
    Luna thought of that for a second. She was on the brink of explosion and she needed to let some of that energy out.

''Let's turn this situation the other way around'', she said and grinned. ''We don't know the way, but we can always steal it from them. It seems unlikely that they know the way from their own memory so they must have a map of some kind. Or, we can always try to guess what way to go, but that doesn't guarantee our success, now does it?''

12. Black Tattoo

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    Lunalath was correct. DarkWind could feed on her internal Chaos for a long time without worry of running out - so much internal sturggling with anger, humiliation, and perhaps even a little fear.

I will have to stay close to this one DarkWind thought to herself, smiling broadly from the shadows. Carefully, but close.

The Shadowmancer knew that Lunalath was aware of her, but was far from worried. Darius had posed an interesting challenge in his call for suggestions and the She-Elf soon had attention occupied with it.

''Let's turn this situation the other way around'', Lunalath said. ''We don't know the way, but we can always steal it from them. It seems unlikely that they know the way from their own memory so they must have a map of some kind. Or, we can always try to guess what way to go, but that doesn't guarantee our success, now does it?''

Clever, as well as Chaotic. DarkWind nodded her head in approval - an excellent combination!

13. Ranna

Ranna The Wayfarer

Call me a nomad, for I travel with the wind.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ranna's eyes flashed with anger. I may be a rogue, but at least I have some honor. She nodded slightly to Luna, accepting her leadership over Darius any day. She strode up next to Luna, every muscle tense in the complex situation. Whispering softly to the elf next to her , "Blood is thicker than water, Luna." Ranna looked the mage in the eye and saw the passion and life beneath the mage's cold exterior. She was not referring to the Vale of Vipers, nor the treasure they were all searching for, but the stain in their group by Kel's death and his sister's alliance to Darius-no matter the reward.

Sighing, Ranna said to everyone, "Why not track down Firebane? Let her lead us to where we want to go. If you still wish to take a map they might own or something else, I would probably be the smartest choice to send in. Noting as I am the most expendable member of this party, and she is the one that got me into it. But as a side note, you all know I have no more alliance to you than I do to her. I still see you all as one team with a slight grudge in the middle." The last she added with a grin.

14. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "An interesting proposition, however only Luna stands a chance at being able to track Firebane, and with her own recent alliances, that possibility becomes nil. I do agree you are suitable for the mission of going into the city, but expendable or not, this isn't a mission for your skills. I don't care if you enter or not, but either way, I will be the one who retrieves the map." Darius said, he didn't much care for this one, she was too free willed.

Darius didn't give Ranna time to defend her skills. In the blink of an eye he'd teleported onto a rooftop out of the other's view. It hadn't taken him long to find where the other group was. They were staying in an inn with a tall tree growing outside. He knew a normal being would have been caught already if they were being as wreckless as he, but he was no normal man, and he wouldn't be detected by these people until he willed it so.

15. Black Tattoo

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    DarkWind remained within the shadows....silently observing the goings on about her. The mortals were on the move once more. Anxiety and tension seemed to have risen amongst the members - old alliances breaking and new ones forming.

The Shadowmancer smiled to herself....perfect elements for Chaos to errupt. She would not interfere - at the moment. She would wait and see.....

16. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    No one could say even a word until Darius was already gone.
    He had said that only Lunalath would even had a chanse to track down Firebane, but with small possibilities.
    You're wrong once again my dear friend Darius.. Only goal I have slight possibilities to achieve is killing Firebane all by myself and frankly, I'm not even sure if that's what I wish to do, Lunalath thought to herself and grinned slightly.

She and the others couldn't do much but to wait 'till Darius would return. But Lunalath was no longer so sure if that was what she was going to do. She wanted to travel alone. Though she knew she had allies along the way, even though her newish companions had no idea about them.

17. Ranna

Ranna The Wayfarer

Call me a nomad, for I travel with the wind.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ranna smiled coldly as Darius dissappeared, she softly hissed to herself, "Why am I always stuck with the arrogant, reckless, deadly, and talented groups?" She glanced sideways at Luna who seemed to be thinking silently to herself and the rest looked tired. Restless for action, she began to pace, a habit - she recalled - that always made her friend, Max, smile. Shaking her head, she thought back to their first encounter with the opposing group. They had all fought as independents. Skilled, for sure, but not as a unity, like the many trained party's large armies tended to use. It had been an interesting battle, which ended in a tie. She wondered how the next battle would turn out, for it would surely cause the balance to tip one way or the other for the upcoming war.

18. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    ''That damn man has been away for too long'', Lunalath said with a stronger voice than she intended. She was tired of waiting and looked at the other group members, inpatience shined from her eyes. She turned to the city and thought of her options. She was balancing between two borders and she couldn't deside which one would be the best.

But no matter how hard she tried to keep the control of herself, some part of her kept screaming Leave them! You don't need these people! and that voice started to take over all other voices. And that was when she desided what to do. Lunalath turned to look at her group; the little goblin, Medius and Ranna. She whispered:

''I'm sorry''. Why? She didn't know even herself, maybe she thought that Darius would surely kill them once she would be gone.

Luna waived her hand and mumbled the words of power, the same spell she had already once used that day; the invisibility spell. She then walked to the city and no sound nor sign was left of her to the other world.

-----

"I seek the artifact as a means to achieve my one true desire. Until it is under the control of the dark mistress I am still a victim to this curse that binds me to darkness," she herd Darius saying. Lunalath grinned coldly. Things were going even better than she had hoped now that Darius was buzy with this new ''friend'' of his. She knew that neither of those shadowy creatures could see her because of her spell. She had changed a little, so it provided more than just a hide from the original eyes. Something she had done and learned with her passed-away-master years back.

The tavern looked cosy. She had stepped in through the door, but she had changed her body so that it went through the door so that she didn't have to open it. Luna didn't want ANYONE to know she was presence. And there they were, the other group, gathered around a table looking at the map Darius hadn't been able to get to his hands. Fools, all of them...

19. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius reurned to Medius, Kalder, and Ranna shortly after Luna had left. Neither of them addressed the wound at his side, partly because they knew he realised it was there, and partly because they didn't particularly care for the human. He took only a second to realise Luna had left, and his feelings were apparent with his next action.

He delivered a hard kick to a nearby sapling, breaking it's fragile trunk into pieces. "Bloody witch. She's mocking me now is all she's doing. Yes, she'll have a wonderful time wrestling the relic away from Firebane while we stumble blindly through the woods. No matter, she's out of my grasp for now." Darius was nearly prepaired to rip those who were still here apart in his fury, when suddenly he stopped. What good would that do him? If he eliminated them he would invariably fail in his quest to appease Takhisis. Now in one of the great ironies of his life, he would need the aid of everyone around him. He didn't believe any of them would follow him, but he didn't care. He desided he would no longer kill for pleasure. The events of the past few days had taken away that urge. Now more than before he sought only two more kills. He wanted the heads of those two mages who'd been causing him nothing but trouble.

Now the human addressed those still left. "So the witch left you for me? No doubt she assumed I'd just grind you all beneath my heels. Well, as much as I hate to admit it, you're more valuable to me alive than dead. And so, I've desided that none of your blood will be on my hands. If you will stay with me, then you will recieve all of the glory for your efforts when you present the artifact of Kiri-Jolith, with no leading figure. If not, then you may return to Verminaard's service with no further obligation to me or the elf I stabbed in the back. Either way the choice is yours. Help the monster who would have slaugtered you all, or help the one who would have fed you to him."

20. Black Tattoo

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    The shadows she had sent with Darius returned with news of his meeting and DarkWind was curious about Darius's words. The irony that he needed these people now more than ever was not lost on her. Smiling softly, she turned her attention to the group Darius wanted her to follow.

She did have her orders after all.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006