RPG#15 - The Artifact of Kiri-Jolith - Evil

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by Jaymes, Mar 14, 2006.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    They had been tailing the minotaur and his party for some time. Paying close attention to all the traps they laid. Divida hadn't come back, Darius didn't mind, that meant he only needed to worry about trechery from one place. Still, this other group spoke of dragons now. What a foolish discussion. Is this what the good gods warriors had been reduced too? Darius looked ahead, they were nearly out of the forest. So he quickly finished wrapping his skin all up, bloodycurse...

(short post, but oh well)

2. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Kalders short legs were begginning to tire. This other group put up a faster pace then he was used to.Then the enemy party suddenly stopped. Then he saw why a group of dead Knights of Solamalia lay dead in the tracks of the group. Kalder smiled this would bring the enemy even more sorrow. Even as much as the dead comrade had brought them ealier. You see ealier they had discovered one of the soliders fighting with the enemy killed by a group of goblins. Why they had not attacked then was not in his knowedge. It would have been a perfect oppourtunity with all the extra troops. But if he had any control of the group he would ha\ve. But their was one sure thing. He had no control over anyone esspecially Darius. Daruis only took orders from one person in the group. Himself.

But anyways, just as they had buried their comrade, they buried the group of soliders the same way. But soon once again they were on their way, but this time at a bit slower pace.

As they walked deeper into the forest, Kalder started to realise that they were doing quite the contrary. They were exiting the forest. Or at least it seemed to Kalder.

3. Black Tattoo

Black Tattoo The Corruptor

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    DarkWind felt her body slam into the cold hard earth just behind Darius's group. Her spells were off, her concentration was off, everything was off. Having used the last of her energy to regenerate her hand and to return to the Material Plane (where there were shadows plenty to help her heal herself), she now lay exhausted on the ground.

The Shadowmancer could still feel her red/black blood pouring from her stomach and her hand absently went to it. She could still hear Chemosh's words, “The next time you won’t be so lucky Shade. I Will kill you. I’ve enjoyed our game of cat and mouse but next time I shall bury you.”

Anger whelled up within her, as DarkWind summoned the shadows around her. Calling them to her, and within her. Green eyes flashing open, glowing in the gathering gloom, she growled, "You are wrong, Chemosh, the darkness belongs to me - Chaos is mine. So long as they exist - so will I."

4. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    They contined on their way shortly behind the enemy group, stopping every once in a while to hide if they looked back at Kalder and the rest. As Kalder staked slowly behind the rest of his group he suddenly heard a slight small crack. Not un-usual at all. But the cracking continued until it outlined a small area around him. Whoosh! in seconds his was in the bottom of a large hole with a wooden spike thorough his arm and thigh. Suddenly Kalder looked suddenly as everything blacked out.....

About an hour later he awoke of the canopy of the forest. He was out of the hole he could tell. As he sat up, grimicing from pain, he noticed that most, if not all of the other members of the group were also bloodied and bruised, though not as badly as he. His companions seemed glad when they saw him sat up. But he was sure that he saw a glint in their eye, Daruis inproticulere, it made him wonder if Daruis wanted him alive. But he thought he already knew the answer to that question. All his suspicions of Daruis were again aroused to full force. But he shook them off as he helped himself up...

5. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    (OOC: My final post for the weekend.)

Rune and Divada quietly and carefully made their way south avoiding all of the traps those goody-two shoes had placed to delay them. Rune had found several and told her of it in the elven tongue. She nodded as he led her on through the forests avoiding each trap. Sometimes they had to back track but after over two hours of plucking their way past the traps they were finally out of the woods and past the parties which now searched for them.

In the distance the sun began is ascent into the morning sky, it's red light filling the forest as it chase the cover of darkness away into the night. Birds began to chirp while some squirriels scattered down there trees to find a morning meal of nuts or acorns. The time had come for Divada to show Rune the path to greatness. Divada nodded at Rune who smiled slightly as she led him in the oustkirts of the forest into the mountains where the trail she sought would lead them to the Viel of the Vipers. Rune's eyes searched the surroundings for any sights of the enemy as Divada carefully picked her way through the treachorus mountains, a wrong turn and they could fall off a cliff and to their death but that was not going to be on this day. Victory was at hand.

6. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Firebane and her lackey hadn't returned. It made Lunalath wonder if Darius had his hands in this game too. After a little while Darius came back to the camp and didn't seem to conserned about her absence.
    Soon they continued their journey. There were no time for delays. Divida could take care of herself, if she still was alive. Though Luna had a sence she would be. She seemed to be more of an opponent to Darius than Kel. Luna loved her brother, but she could also be realitic. Kelevendros was too trustful. He had always been. When he had become an exile, it had broken his heart. He couldn't believe his own countrymen could done something like that.
    But Firebane was different. Luna knew it, her energy could be senced from far. Actually she felt quite interested about Firebane. She could be an interesting ally. But now that she was gone, Luna couldn't do anything but think about it.

Suddenly, as they were walking, Kalder suddenly fell to a trap. Made by no one else but the group they were following, Luna suspected. They helped Kalder up from the pit and carried him to a safe place. The other group had set out their camp, so they had time to tend little goblin's wounds.
    After many hours, he finally got up and tried to get up from the ground. But Lunalath stopped him saying:

''You rest there for a while yet Kalder. There is no rush. I don't wish to bandage your wounds all over again just yet. Here, have some food...''

7. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius didn't like this delay. The other group was heading into the city, and with the goblin wounded most, if not all, of his party would stay behind. He needed some means to follow the other team and be able to find them once Kalder could stand.

"Luna," he said not taking his eyes from where he'd last seen their foes. "You can put a tracking spell on me no doubt?" He desided this was the best coarse of action. No one would leave the group with him there, by now they all knew. And they'd want some means of tracking the others. Darkwind would no doubt be able to moniter things in his absence. "If you are so able then do it. Tend to the goblin and I'll keep track of that other team."

Luna did as he requested and he disappeared. He needed to make up for the time it had taken to get Kalder loose. But before he could catch up with his enemies he was stopped by a voice he'd only just imagined up until now. Darius, Divida is nearing the artifact. Chemosh has led her there, and nearly killed your shade. I will do what I must to keep her from reaching the artifact longer, but you must hurry if you wish to gain the death you so desire. He didn't stop. He had no time, but he now knew he was, in fact, favored by Takhisis, even if she wouldn't directly influence him as Chemosh did for the war mage.

8. Black Tattoo

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    There was a sharp cry as the little goblin found himself ensnared in the trap and DarkWind smiled. She had to admit she was getting more than her share of Chaos from these mortals. The shadows of the Material Plane had done much to speed along her healing - though to be totally healed...she still had some ways to go. Fading into the darkness, she quickly caught up to Darius and his companions. - just in time to see the goblin become trapped.

Shifting her gaze from the others to Darius, it was quite obvious he did not enjoy the delay - so impatient this one. By moving to the edge of the shadows, DarkWind could see that the other group heading into a city.

Darius's voice drew the Shadowmancer from her gazing, "Luna. You can put a tracking spell on me no doubt?"

Her intillect as swift as her shadowy movements, Darkwind easily read between the lines....she would keep an eye on this little group and Darius would follow the other. She hoped he knew what he was doing

"If you are so able then do it. Tend to the goblin and I'll keep track of that other team."

Luna did as he requested and he disappeared and DarkWind turned to those in the group....with Divida out of the picture (though for how long she could not be certain) - all she would have to do would be to focus on Luna, and the others if need be.

9. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Kalder attemped to stand up rolling his eyes at his companions inmpatience. He could feel there gazes of impatience. Anyone of them could just have easily fallen in the trap. It seemed as though everyone here hated him. With Kel gone he could trust no one. And he did trust no one. He forced himself onto one knee wincing at the pain. Continuing to fight though it he went into a standing position. His arm hurt though his thigh was now almost complety better which was why he could now stand. His left arm was now completly numb. For the time being it would be impossible to us. As he looked around he noticed that Daruis was missing from the group. But looking to the remaining members he said in a cocky voice "Well? What are we waiting for?"

10. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    "Luna," Darius said not taking his eyes from where he'd last seen their foes. "You can put a tracking spell on me no doubt?" Luna nod in silence to his request. "If you are so able then do it. Tend to the goblin and I'll keep track of that other team."

She raised her hands and mumbled the words which again, seemed to rise from the depths of her soul. It took few seconds. She then looked at Darius's back as he dissappeared after the other group. Her eyes were burning with rage. Next time it wont be this spell I'll put on you, maggot. Next time you will taste something quite diffrent. she oppressed her fists and spit to ground. ''If you are able..'' One of the easiest spells I have ever known, I bet even you Darius could do it. If you're hands weren't so stiff of other peoples blood.

The little goblins words interrupted her anger and prevented her burst of anger:
    "Well? What are we waiting for?"

He is right , she though in her mind. What are we waiting for, more corpses to show up? My god, I actually hope Firebane would be here... She seemed to have the potential to hammer Darius. I'm not sure if I can do it alone after all...

''Litl --, Kalder is right. I want to know what is going on here. I'll hide myself with few spells. No-one will know that I'm present.''

With those words, without waiting for the others responce to her suggestion, she put a spell on herself. It ripped away her outlook and made her invisible. She then made her way after Darius, leaving the others behind to wonder what she was about to do.
    Luna undressed her heavy robe and quickly tied it as a stack to her back. She then found Darius in no time. She saw him observing the group. He hadn't noticed her. Or had he. He had moved anxiously a little, but not like he had senced an enemy.. Does he have a companion we others aren't aware of??
    She seemed to have troubles not jumping to his back to hammer him to the ground. Her eyes widened and mouth tightened. But she kept her nervs. That could ruin everything, she knew that.
    Luna walked away from Darius and climbed to a nearby tree. She wanted to see better and she knew that in the tree she'd be in better safety than if she was on open ground. Trees were, after all, still her home.

11. Black Tattoo

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    DarkWind watched Luna carefully as she cast the invisibility spell on herself. It had made her unseeable to her companions...but not to the Shadowmancer who existed between worlds in the BlackLands. Falling into the shadows, she silently followed Luna as she tracked down Darius.

The Shadowmancer could not help but smile - it was obvious her prey sensed something was wrong....but since she was so focused on Darius, DarkWind doubted she sensed her. Quietly observing her, the Shadowmancer could sensed the anger, the sheer raw strength of this one - she wanted Darius dead.

But she had control. It was plain in the fact that Luna walked away from Darius and climbed to a nearby tree. She was in control of her anger - for the time being. DarkWind moved through the shadows up into the tree Luna now sat in. The temptation was there to engage her - or at least annoy her. But DarkWind had to be careful - she was not yet entirely healed and while a good bout of Chaos could easily finish the healing....if she provoked an enemy too forcefully - she could easily wind up dead. She had no desire to do combat with this one - not yet at any rate.....but the temptation to cause Chaos and confusion loomed over her. Reaching out a hand, she whispered to the shadows high in the tree's branches...calling to them....bringing them more to the Material Plane.

12. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Divada halted at a large cavern in the middle of the Valley of Shadows or more precisley Death. The two of them had been traveling hard the last few hours and now that the sun was high in the sky the heat that came with it was immense. She was sweating profousely as was Rune. They had traveled hard and fast. Taking out her flask she opened the top and drank some water and passed it to Rune who took a long drawn gulp and handed it back. Tapping the flask again she placed it back into her pouch and slid onto her knees and began to pray to her God Chemosh.

Suddenly lightning flashed in the sky and storm clouds gathered around the entire region. A heavy down pour of rain washed from them soaking the barren waste lands. Chemosh appeared as another bolt of lightning struck close to where the two stood. He walked out looking just as beautiful as the day Divada first saw him. His shimmering black armor had beads of rain dripping from it, his black hair was wet, and his hands shook with pride.

"Well done my most powerful mage you have made it to the artifiact. Now I shall train you in all of the ways of magic. Rune," Chemosh said addressing him for the first time, "keep watch for Daruis - he seeks us at this moment in time. I have seen and fought the Shade he allies himself with. I shall train you how to kill this Shade if you must Divada."

Knowing Chemosh wasn't lying Rune withdrew his weapons and paced himself up past their place of stay until he had 50 good yards between himself and Divada yet she was still in his range of sight. Back at the encampment Chemosh took Divada's hand into her own and began talking to her quietly. They exchanged a few words but mainly he spoke with a passion that Divada had never seen before in a God. She knew she had made the correct decision.

( Tag. Don't forget Friday is my last day guys. )

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  13. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius was about fed up with this waiting. They were just outside the city. Feet from it in fact, and what were they doing? Trying to find a way to get into the city and safeguard against his group. Oddly enough it seemed the dissention in his team may play to his advantage. If these others made some attempt to ambush them. But when the final showdown came, odds are they would fail. Ironically enough, still working out in Darius favor. Still, he needed some sort of plan, he and the goblin couldn't enter the city in any fashion other than stealth, and Luna couldn't be trusted not to recruit an army against him. Darius had a problem in his mind that was worse than either of these however, he needed to find some way to defeat Divida...

14. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The tree was very old. It had thick pranches and dark green leaves. Lunalath leaned to its strong stem and tightly observed the surroundings. Darius was under her gaze aswell as the other group. They seemed to be dicussing about something. Maybe I should be in their group she thought and laughed at her thought in her head. They are more bonded together than we will ever be. Not that I'd ever expect it to be so. After Kelevendros...no, there is no-one. Not even Medius. He doesn't understand. I can clearly see his elven blood, but he is too much of a human to understand. It's just the humanly passion, not love, not to me and my magic. After the others died, I have been alone.

For a small moment she had sinked to her most precious belonging, her memory of the past and those she loved and still did. But the aproaching shadows, the darkness out if this world, woke her up like cold water. She oppressed her rowen staff and hissed a spell of true seeing.

Lunalath saw a female kind of figure a little higher. The figure looked shady, she suspected that it wasn't fully in this world. Chaos? This isn't good, if this being is the new companion of Darius...to him I mean she thought and giggled out loud.
    She looked at the shade curiously with her big eyes. Her mind focused to another kind of spell; one which would send mental messages:

''If you wish to remain as Darius's ally, I suggest that you leave me alone shade. It would arose the interest of the group we follow, and that would be the end of our journey, end of your amusement,'' she said to the figure and grinned.
    ''And if you wish to stay alive, keep a distance to me.''

15. Black Tattoo

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    DarkWind gazed at Luna with detachment.

''If you wish to remain as Darius's ally, I suggest that you leave me alone shade. It would arose the interest of the group we follow, and that would be the end of our journey, end of your amusement,'' she said to the figure and grinned.
    ''And if you wish to stay alive, keep a distance to me.''

The message came to the Shadowmancer clearly in her mind. She was still debating - her hunger for Chaos was growing stronger....but this one was right - it would do no good to draw the attention of the others.

"I have no wish to cross blades with you, Lunalath - not at this time at any rate. But do not delude yourself that I would be so easy a victory."

DarkWind moved through the shadows - pausing a moment at the base of the tree. By rights, she should warn Darius of his observer among the branches....

16. Ranna

Ranna The Wayfarer

Call me a nomad, for I travel with the wind.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ranna had coldly watched Kalder and then grundingly assisted with his wounds until a movement near Luna attracted her attention. Glancing up, she noticed it wasn't a movement near Luna, but Luna herself. The mage was gone. Closing her eyes, she concentrated hard and heard Kalder's harsh and painfull breathing, and an even slighty sound of the shifting ground and retreating steps heading the same way as Darius.

Sighing, she helped Kalder up and said, "It seems we have more than one problem on our hands. Darius, Luna, Firebane, and" she thought back to their travels since the battle and the shadows, "and...a creature of some sort. We do fit in with the evil intricacies, our team. We must get beat Darius, I think it's alittle to late to say I don't trust him, and alittle to early to gain your trust, Kalder. But we both know Kel didn't trust Firebane, and although I have nothing against that mage, I think we need to beat her to our destination as well. How fast can you go?" The last was said with an edge as Ranna grinned and slung Kalder's arm over her shoulder's.

17. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius was growing more furious at this development. That is until they came to a conclusion. That pale elf said that they should all go in together and not draw attention to themselves. His exact words being, "They won't attack us in the city, at least not in the day..." We'll see about that elf... Darius thought, that is until he felt Darkwind's hand, letting him know he wasn't alone. He waited until the other group had left and he spoke. There was no doubt as to who it was.

"Luna, by now you no doubt know it was me who eliminated your brother," he said. "And you will have your chance at vengence in due time. But for now, if you wish to carry out his last mission, and eliminate Firebane as well, you will need me just as I need you. If you don't help me to recover the articaft of Kiri-Jolith, then I promise you will never have the pleasure of spilling my life blood. So what do you say elf? Will you wait to eliminate me? Or shall I leave you here, and simply move on? Your tracking spell will only follow me for so long."

18. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    "Luna, by now you no doubt know it was me who eliminated your brother," he said. "And you will have your chance at vengence in due time. But for now, if you wish to carry out his last mission, and eliminate Firebane as well, you will need me just as I need you. If you don't help me to recover the articaft of Kiri-Jolith, then I promise you will never have the pleasure of spilling my life blood. So what do you say elf? Will you wait to eliminate me? Or shall I leave you here, and simply move on? Your tracking spell will only follow me for so long."

He is even worse misjudger than Firebane, ha! Lunalath looked at Darius with a faint grin on her face. She knew he couldn't see her because of the invisibility spell. She came down from the tree, without making the slightest sound or movement. Darius had no idea of her location. She felt amused, Darius had once again underestimated her and her motives. Yet at the same time she felt annoyed, because Darius knew she wanted to retriev the artifact. She could do it alone, but without this mans help, she could never catch Firebane in time....

She observed him for a moment, letting him await for her reply. She knew Darius wouldn't get uneasy by that, but she did it as an old habit. After a small moment she spoke with a voice that echoed in Darius's ears confusing his sence to acknowledge her location.

''You really think you could get away from me Darius?'' she asked with a sound of a smile in her voice.
    ''Allow me to tell you a little secret my friend. Reasons why I joined your lovely company a while ago was not just my brother, though I thought he could be useful in my mission. So I didn't come here just for him, I came here for you, cursed one.
    Time is running fast, but you never get any older, am I right? Ah, yes, I know I am. But as you must already know, one thing that is sure in this world as it is in any world, is death. Chemosh will come after you one day and you know it. And the little promise your own personal sponsor Takhisis has given to you, the one that is supposed to save your torn soul, a death that usually doesn't come to the likes of you, is at stake... You'll have one guess who wants to make sure his mother doesn't get the upperhand by sending her lackey after the artifact'', Lunalath hissed between her teeth. ''He also gives credit to those who serve him well. Like the dark mage who is behind your curse. He was very loyal, and before he died, Nuitari promised him that you would not get away from his curse. Ever.''

''You think you can escape, but you can't. Lord Nuitari will take care of that.''

19. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius couldn't help but smile beneath his scarf. She was clever this one. SHe'd managed to keep her motives hidden up until now. And she was doing a very good job of keeping herself hidden, even now. However, no matter how good she was, she had made the same mistake he had. She'd underestimated him just as he had her.

"So the mage who did this to me met an end? How unfortunate. As for Nuitari, his name means surprisingly little to me, what with you assuring me that my true objective will be reached. As for getting away from you, I don't think I would have any trouble at all. However, I can see you're hellbent on making me wait on your reply, so, how's this? Oh great magus Lunalath, please spare me your wrath and take mercy upon this poor pathtic human!" His voice was marked with sarcasm, at this point he was trying to get under the elf's skin.

"But you know that isn't true now don't you? Listen to me elf, I know my soul will never be saved, but my goal is far from that. Whether my fate is the abyss or elsewhere, I don't care, just as long as I can get there. Now, that aside, will you help me stop Firebane? Or are you as useless to me as your brother?"

20. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Divada had hoped that those idiots she had been traveling with wouldn't gain any more allies on their way to the Valley of Shadows. The sun light was supressed by the massive caverns which arose from the ground. What lay beneath was a maze of tunnels which one could easily get lost in. Far too many souls had come to this place in search of the Artifact. Yet what actually was the artifact? Divada had pondered that very question after she had finished her training with Chemosh earlier on. She had rested a good deal after their training session which was in her opinion an all out fight between magical power. She was now ready to face Darius and that pesky Kelvendro's sister Lunalth. That weakling could barely make a magical fireball.

She laughed haughtily underneath her breath - all of them would die by her hands. Nothing else mattered now. The one mission that her soul cried out to do was get rid of Darius and Lunalth and she knew Rune could handle those other fools whom he traveled with. They would all die. Then the artifact would be hers and she would present it as a token of her gratitude to Chemosh.