RPG#15 - The Artifact of Kiri-Jolith - Evil

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by Jaymes, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Black Tattoo

Black Tattoo The Corruptor

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    DarkWind faded into the shadows, drifting back into the Etherial plane and towards the one known as Divida. There was great power with this one, dangerous power - the Shadowmancer was willing to bet Divine power. She would have to be careful - she was certain Divada would be aware of her presence, she would need to watch her actions to be certain of evading capture.

Returning to the Material Plane, DarkWind emerged from the shadows to find Divida in the company of others that had been shadowing an enemy group. She was beside someone, an assasin - she could tell by the air about him. They were deeply connected, these two.

DarkWind's hunger grew...she needed Chaos and, for a moment, the thought crossed her mind to cause a disruption in the rhythm between them - but it passed quickly. She did not yet wish to expose herself. In fact, she would prefer her prey not know of her until it was too late.

DarkWind stood, quietly observing from the shadows...a short distence from her, a lone goblin sat eating, his pack on the ground beside him. A cruel smile crept across her lips, chanting softly she cast a spell on the pack - it sprouted legs, skittered a short distence away and stopped; the legs disappearing as though they had never been there in the first place.

A bit of Chaos to tide her over.

Last edited: May 8, 2006
  2. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lunalath walked with the band smoothly without any complain or plea for rest. She was used walking long distances and even if she felt fatigue, she wasn't going to show any signs of weaknes to her ''companions''. She rather consentrated in exploring the nature around her. Sometimes she stopped to pick up some herbs she had noticed and then run after the others. They were following the other group from safe distance, so she wasn't very worried for her safety if the others dissappeared from her sight for a little while. She was elf after all, the wilderness was her home, she could walk silently and invisibly and her sensitive ears could spot every sound that wasn't in harmony with the nature

And for the time being, the only un-natural thing she had been hearing, was the sneering of Divada, puffing of the little goblin, silent clatter of Medius and snarl or command from Darius's mouth every now and then. Divada's private assassin seemed very skillful and silent, but his constant, jealous watching over Divada made him present for Luna in a disturbing way.

Lunalath hadn't been very close with Medius after they had started following the other band. She didn't want the others to notice that there was something between them, though she suspected that Medius's longing looks were screaming it to everyone else. But she tried to ignore them, though from time to time, she pulled a little white flower from her bag and smelled it's sensitive odour.

They had been following the other group for a long time, when they finally stopped. Lunalath sat to the ground and started to grub her bag in order to find something to eat. She took a little piece of elven journey bread and ate it along with some water.
    The little goblin was sitting near her and she couldn't help smiling as the little creature first puffed and sweat in the ground for a while before it started eating dried meat like it was about to starve to death.
    Luna went closer to the goblin and with a smile on her face said:

''Hello there Kalder. Would you like to have a piece of my bread? You look hungry and exhausted..''

She then waited 'till the goblin had swallowed all the food he had stuffed in his mouth so that he could actually speek.

''You must have known my brother, am I right? Can you tell me, was he happy with his life before he died?''

3. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    ''Hello there Kalder. Would you like to have a piece of my bread? You look hungry and exhausted.
    You must have known my brother, am I right? Can you tell me, was he happy with his life before he died?''

"Happy. A vauge word. But in other ways a very direct word. Happy, why yes you could call it happy. But its hard to tell. He survived up until now, but was he just surviving or was he living. Some thing most people get confused about. Surviving is just being there, and living is much more than that. But you can be damn sure your brother lived. He lived better than most i'd say."

Kalder finshed his statement smiling, not a broad smile but a thin friendly smile.

4. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius listened to the goblin and the elf exchange pleasantries. Funny that Kalder would produce such a complex answer to her question. He'd never picked the goblin for the philosophical type. But he supposed at least the last bit was true, Kel had enjoyed his life, that made it all the sweeter to Darius to have been the one to take it, he only wished the dark elf had felt the same misery in his last breaths that Darius felt every waking moment.

Working past that in his mind he turned his attention back to the other party. They had stopped, and not far from them lay the bodies of a small squad of Solamnics. Darius looked at the bodies of the deceased, they'd been killed in hasty fashion, not too long ago either. Almost like... The minotaur was speaking now, what was he saying? Darius couldn't tell, but he was pulling out his spade, probably going to dig a grave, what a fool, what had the knights ever done for him? And he was going to set himself and his allies up for an ambush? The pale elf apparently agreed to the dig, as did the rest of their group. If they are to die great Takhisis, leave their map unscathed, so that I may better serve you...

5. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Muttering incomprehendable words to herself Divada turned toward Darius but didn't speak. Her facial expression clearly stated they needed to catch up and shadow the goody-two shoes before they arrived into the mountains which led to the artifact. Her face became expressionless as she cocked her head before turning away from Darius. As her eyes traveled the length of the shadows she sensed the being once again. Trying to hide him or herself from her aurora. That didn't stop Divada from playing her game of cat and mouse. Lifting her staff onto her shoulders she signaled Rune to close in on her. He did as she bid and the two of them backed away from Darius.

Not giving Darius a second glance her and Rune walked a little distance away from the party. They were by a large oak tree and after finding a comfortable spot she leaned against the great white oak. Closing her eyes once more she exhaled slowly when she head the unmistakeable voice of her one true lord again.

"He is working with a shade my dear. One who thrives on Chaos and Destruction. The backpack that was enchanted earlier and ran off with the goblins food was her work. Be careful my mistress she has powers. Don't underestimate her powers. I shall aide you when the time is right. Tomorrow night on the rise of the crimson moon I shall bless you with even greater power which will gaurantee you that you will kill Darius and the Shade when you have the moment."

Opening her eyes she gave a quick nod in confirmation. Signaling to Rune who leaned closely to her she whispered dark words through their mind link. Rune didn't respond but winked at her and then turned away from her as he watched Darius in silence. Swinging her braid back over her shoulder Divada kept watch on the minotaur waiting for the signal from Darius to continue on through the cover of the forest.

*Tag*

6. Black Tattoo

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    DarkWind knew Divada sensed her and she smiled. Clinging to the shadows like a web, she drifted with the wind as Divada and her companion moved away from Darius.

When they paused by a large oak tree, DarkWind felt the air change. Someone was coming, and it was not one of the Material Plane. She could hear the creature's voice, though ever so faint, as it spoke to Divada. She heard it's warning to her and its promises and knew -

Chemosh, DarkWind growled as she moved away from the companions and toward Darius. She had no love for that one, but no fear either. She would keep her end of the deal, she would warn him of Divada's dealings with Chemosh, and of the promises to be granted on the rise of the crimson moon the following evening. But first, she would have to get him away from his companions.

Materializing in the shadows between Darius's group and the one they were following, DarkWind made a soft motion with her hand. As though conducting musicians, she played the shadows across the ground, heading directly for Darius.

7. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius felt a change in the air, though ever so faint, odds were only he and Divida could feel it. He didn't need to think long, he knew it was Darkwind. In the shadows ahead of them no doubt. He didn't excuse himself, Luna and Kalder were keeping each other busy, and Divida no doubt knew the real reasoning behind it, he simply disappeared into the trees, making no sign of his movement, nor any sound.

When he was certain he was out of earshot of his group, but was still able to see the other group he spoke. "What is it Darkwind? What have you found? Who is her ally?" Darius asked in a measured tone. He had gathered from earlier that Divida also had some unseen ally, but he couldn't have guessed in a thousand lifetimes the news Darkwind was going to give him. And she couldn't guess why this would please him.

8. Black Tattoo

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    DarkWind patiently waited. Her piercing green eyes focused on Darius. She had to give the human credit, he was alert enough to her presence to know when she had news for him. She waited until he had disappeared among the trees and out of earshot of his group before materializing from the darkness.

"What is it Darkwind? What have you found? Who is her ally?" Darius asked in a measured tone.

DarkWind leaned against a tree a small smile on her lips, "You already know Divida has some unseen ally. You simply desire to know who." It was more statement than question, "Lord Chemosh is her ally and he has already told her of whom, more importantly what, aids you. He has promised her greater power with the rise of the moon tomorrow night." DarkWind gazed at Darius for a moment, observing his reaction, and was mildly confused - he seemed almost pleased - where others would have paniced. "This is good news?"

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  9. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "Lord Chemosh is her ally and he has already told her of whom, more importantly what, aids you. He has promised her greater power with the rise of the moon tomorrow night. This is, good news?"

Darius was shocked and almost, oddly enough, flattered by this. Divida was already a deadly skilled magus on her own, but with Chemosh aiding her, she may be able to end Darius's suffering. Chemosh, the lord of the undead, Darius supposed he may be the only one who somewhat falls into that category by means other than Chemosh's seduction. Although he was not quite like that god's servants. But still, he had to wonder just how Chemosh planned to use Divida to end his life.

"This is very good news Darkwind. You could not understand why, but this is very good news indeed. Be on your toes, Divida's powers now are strong, and with her god's assistance she may become more than we can handle if we aren't ready for her strike. Go now back into the shadows, and be ready for her attack," Darius told her before heading back to the group, seeing that the other team was starting to move again. All the while he began saying a prayer to his own god, Lady Takhisis, if it is your will that your servant die here, then let it be so, but otherwise, I beseech that you would support me in some way, that I may defeat this mage and her assassin.

10. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Kalder's thin, yet also frinedlt smile made Lunalath a little bit more relaxed. She knew about her brother's life already by what her spies had told her about him. But she wanted to get closer to someone in the group, and so far, the lil' goblin Kalder seemed to be the only option. She couldn't even think of even smiling at Darius, expect when she looked at his dead carcass...And what about Divada and her puppet Rune? Well, Luna couldn't stand her either. Mostly because she wasn't part of the three colors. Of course it wouldn't been any different even if Firebane would have been a white robed mage, but then at least respectful. Red robed maged she could have accepted, with long teeth and a fellow black mage would have been just perfect for her. She missed the company of other mages, 'cause she hadn't really been in contact with them after her master's death.
    Now, after she finally got what she was asking for, she got a bloody heretic.

Lunalath looked at the michiévious looks of Both Firebane and Darius and how they seemed to be watching for everyone and everything all the time. She couldn't help feeling amused because of them.

''How did you get to know him Kalder? Or is that story too long to be told?''

11. Black Tattoo

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    "This is very good news Darkwind. You could not understand why, but this is very good news indeed. Be on your toes, Divida's powers now are strong, and with her god's assistance she may become more than we can handle if we aren't ready for her strike. Go now back into the shadows, and be ready for her attack."

DarkWind bowed out gracefully. She could not comprehend Darius's motives, but she would continue to keep her eyes on Divida - but also Lunalath. The mage had been talking with the little goblin for awhile....it might do some good to know of what they were speaking.

Fading back into the shadows, DarkWind moved silently towards the two - clinging from shadow to shadow like a spiderweb. She would make no moves toward either....but linger and listen. But above all - she would remain vigilant....she had no intention of falling at the hands of Divida and her lord.

12. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Divada watched as Darius vanished into the trees. She gently touched Rune’s shoulder and he nodded in response. He hadn’t said anything sine she had told him of Lord Chemosh’s words but she knew he was worried. She wished they could go somewhere private but with that being of Chaos lurking about their was no such thing as ‘private’ Somehow that being needed to be dealt with. Perhaps her lord could grant her the knowledge of how to destroy the being. Would he even know of what she spoke of…? Giving herself a mental shake Divada waited coy as a snake.

"Come on Darius. We need to move now. By the Gods if you do not move then I am going to move out on my own.” Divada sounded impatient as she gathered her things and signaled to Rune.

The two of them were swept into the shadows of darkness. Their forms were concealed in the blackness as they moved both moved like mist throughout the trees. She didn’t care if anyone followed her lead or not. She had always been on her own and now she was on her own once again. That was the way she liked to travel. As long as Rune was there to keep her company then nothing else mattered.

Growling to herself she forced her thoughts concerning the Shade away but she knew that she WOULD have to deal with it sooner or later. Somehow she had known that this shade had formed some sort of an alliance with Darius which she would have to deal with soon enough. As sudden as a comet hits earth so did she as she crumpled to her knees as some sort of power rose through her body. It wasn’t painful but rather enjoying as she felt tingles on her skin.

Rune knelt down beside her and asked in elven tongue what happened.

“I’m okay Rune just tired.” She lied. The power felt welcoming to her dark soul making her stronger than ever as she a dark mist crept up toward the area they were in and surrounded the two fighters making them invisible to all ears and eyes. Her Dark Lord stood before her.

“You need to deal with this Shade as soon as possible. She indeed has allied herself with Darius. I shall tell you why I came here on this night..."

13. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius rejoined his group to find Divida and Rune were both absent. Luna spoke to the goblin, and that knight she'd brought with her was silent. He kind of wondered where Ranna had gotten off too, but that wasn'tmportant now. "Divida ran off after muttering something about moving on herself." Luna told him after he arrived. "Let her, she knows how to find us." And with that they were off once again in pursuit of the other force. Still, in the back of Darius' mind he could feel Divida, only slightly, this was surely the power Darkwind had mentioned her gaining. This could be bad, but none the less the human knew he would win out over this mage, and even her god himself in the end.

14. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    OOC: Freedom and I worked on this post together. Enjoy!

Now that Lord Chemosh had spoken to his servant Divada he let the mist disperse from the area leaving her standing there quietly. As he entered he astral plain he searched the area for the Shade. Its aura was one of Chaos so it would be very easy to pick the creature out. Oh indeed he had dealt with these beings before many eons ago. They tended to trifle in matters that didn't concern them. Several times his plan was foiled because of them. He despised these creatures as much as he despised the other Gods but the other Gods couldn't be killed while this Shade could be.

After a few seconds of watching he saw the creature besides a tree with Daruis, the supposed leader of that group. A smirk appeared on his delicate face but vanished without a trace as he morphed into the shadows. With great stealth he made his way toward the creature and when he was feet from it he stopped and appeared. His voice broke the silence that had lingered too long.

“So you are the one who wants to throw this hearty little band into a confused lot of sheep...?”

DarkWind had sensed Chemosh coming for her and a small smiled crossed her beautiful face.
    "It would not take much, Chemosh. You don't give mortals enough credit where Chaos is concerned. Why not leave well enough alone? Chaos belongs to the Material Plane - and the Material Plane belongs to us Shades."

After hearing the answer from the Shade he stepped backwards and smiled a cruel smile. “I can tell you one thing, I’ve dealt with your kind before and I must say I don’t like you at all. You always screw things up and you and I both know you don’t belong in this plain. You belong in your own dimension stirring up Chaos and Destruction their. Yet the only real logical reason your being here is because your dimension is nothing more than a clean slate with nothing left to give. Therefore you travel to other worlds to appease your so called ‘appetite’.”

"Starvation has never appealed to me."

Lifting his hand Chemosh summoned his long war blade that was encrusted with diamonds and the blade bled. Giving it a mighty swing he looked to the shade.

DarkWind drew her twin swords easily, "You should have been a mortal Chemosh...you always take the difficult path."

“Well whatever your deal is I do not want you to ruin my plans therefore I’m going to kill you quickly and ease your pain.”

"Pain? Your over confidence in your knowledge of my kind is humorous, Chemosh....you may have crossed paths with other Shades before - but never me."

15. Ranna

Ranna The Wayfarer

Call me a nomad, for I travel with the wind.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    OOC: Since the battle....

Ranna nodded with a sly grin on her face and then slowly backed away from Aelor before making sure the distance was enough to turn her back and limp back to the group. Ripping the shuriken from her thigh she winced and let it fall to the ground as she straightened up and waited till they made camp to treat both her wounds. Neither too impairing quite bothersome considering her position and her job. She silently lsitened to everyone and the activities at camp. Sleeping close to the fire, she gazed at the night sky and heard some voices at the edge of camp. As the night continued she half awoke when the shifts changed and when Divada left to call to Darius.

Fully awake only moments later, she conluded the voices had atleast one been Luna's for she had been away tending to the funeral of her brother. Kel. She was shocked by his death, considering how he was their leader, and to have died so quickly. She suspected foul play when Darius took lead, but kept her opinions to herself in this dangerous situation. She'd just play it all through. Although if she was right, she couldn't help the bitter thought at such backstabbing.

As they continiued she stayed back in the group, and keep her mouth shut knowing that she was not wanted in this group as it was more than a toy, which annoyed her, but it served her needs and got her going. Feeling some sympathy to Luna, she walked up to her, and nodded slightly, "Even if it counts for nothing, comrade, I am sorry for your loss; as do I wish vengence on his murderer." She chose her words carefully, and knew that murderer implied more without actually stating it.

OOC: Okay, I think I read enough to get what's going on, but I pretty much skimmed all the posts, so correct me if I'm wrong, and I'll edit.

16. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Ranna's sudden approach slightly supprised Lunalath. She felt annoyed, but she couldn't help feeling releaved that someone of the group might be a possible ally.

''Thank you for your words, Ranna'', she said without an expression on her pale face, ''But you don't have to consern yourself with the revenge. I'd rather do it on my own way anyhow.''

Ranna nod, but didn't say anything else. Luna thought that she didn't want to irritate her by talking of this sensitive subject. But Luna didn't want to drive Ranna away, she desperately needed an ally, so that's why she tried to build up a conversation:

''What's your motives in this game, if I may ask? I doubt you're lingering in our company just to revenge my brothers murder...''

17. Ranna

Ranna The Wayfarer

Call me a nomad, for I travel with the wind.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ''Thank you for your words, Ranna'', Luna said without an expression on her pale face, ''But you don't have to consern yourself with the revenge. I'd rather do it on my own way anyhow.''

Ranna nodded slighly and remained silent out of respect. Luna decided to speak up again, "What's your motives in this game, if I may ask? I doubt you're lingering in our company just to revenge my brothers murder..."

At this Ranna let a small smile slide onto her face as she said, "I was caught taking a nap on the outskirts of your camp, and I needed a job. All perfect convience for me that Kel accepted me into your group. He was the leader that I came into this group as, so he remains my leader. Although I'm a rogue, I have a set of rules myself, and that's one of them. Not to mention finishing any job I started or accepted. Where has Divada and Darius run off to?"

She had been glancing around their group, and had noticed the two gone, along with Divada's lackey -Rune. The two seemingly leaders in the group not even there to lead was something to concern her.

18. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius rejoined the group shortly after this was said. He was a bit surprised to see Ranna had rejoined them as well. "Divida's still not back yet?" he asked anyone who would answer. No reply came, confirming his question. "Alright, let's get going, if Firebane gets lost then that's her prerogative." None of the others questioned him, as he made it clear he wasn't going to listen if they did. At this point he was losing interest in Kalder, Luna, and Ranna. But he knew they would continue to follow him. Luna knew what he'd done and wanted to be sure she was the one to rectify it. Kalder was still loyal to Kel and would make sure his last mission was carried out. That left Ranna, whom he figured would want to best him in a shadow game, so she would follow as well. He was caught in a den of snakes, but he knew none of them would make their move until the relic of Kiri-Jolith had been recovered. So for now, all he had to worry about wa Divida, and the fallen paladin's allies.

19. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Divada had welcomed Lord Chemosh's hand as he pulled her into the mists. Through him she had learned of everything she was supposed to do in order to get the artifact. She no longer needed Darius' help because her master had showed her where the artifact was hidden. As her and Rune made their way silently through the thick forest she reflected on her newly acquired powers thather master had taught her how to use half an hour ago. She was prepared for Darius now as her hands crackled with magic. They treaded on through the woods toward the southern forests of mist to where the artifact lay beneath the surface in a vast cavern with many sub levels. There her journey ended.

*Tag*

( ooc: hope that helps. :) )

20. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    OOC: Here is what Freedom and I came up with. Enjoy!

The game of Cat and Mouse had begun. The twin blades that Darkwind summoned Chemosh had seen before many aeons ago. These weapons had been created of chaos and hellfire itself. They indeed would hurt him but not too much. A sly smile appeared on his face as he poised himself for the first attack. Lifting his feet he lightly sprung into the air and landed behind the Shade dealing a mighty slash across the creatures back.

DarkWind yanked her arms backward, crossing the cruel blades of her twin swords across her back. Metal screamed against metal as the blades met. Without pausing, the Shadowmancer spun around bringing her sword up in front of her. Weapons flashing in her hands, she moved forward. She felt the sting of Chemosh's blade carving deep into her arm, but ignored the pain and pressed her attack.

Next before the creature could attack more Chemosh was hit in the shoulder by one of the twin blades as he blocked the other one with his sword. A metallic ring sounded in the astral plain as he kicked the creature in the knees sending her crashing to the ground. Taking this time to step back several paces to catch his breath, that was when Chemosh noticed the blood seeping down his face. He placed his fingertips there and came away with blood. Surpassing a smile he looked to his opponent.

“You are indeed a worthy fighter but you’ll soon die. I promise you that.”

Darkwind rolled to her feet and smiled cruelly, "Promises, promises, promises." Spinning her swords around in her hands, she charged Chemosh. There was a sharp pain as a blade sank into her stomach, but the Shadowmancer did not slow her attack. Moving one sword low, she allowed herself to be parried while she worked her true attack with the other sword high.

The creatures vile blade came crashing down into Chemosh’s shoulder and he cringed in pain but didn’t cry out. Quickly twisting his body away before the blade could sink into his bone he pushed the creature away and as the blade came out only then did he growl deep within his throat.

Rising to his feet he took off his crimson colored cloak and tossed it aside. His armor was covered in blood as was Darkwinds robes. He could make her bleed but by the length of the battle he knew he had more important things to worry about than this Shade. Summoning his war axe, he made his sword vanish. The blade of the axe was blood red and the handle was black.

With great agility he swept toward the demon and before she could raise her blade Chemosh took his opportunity to attack as he slashed off the creatures left hand. Blood spilt from the wound she now suffered.

“It’s good to see that you bleed as well.” Chemosh sneered.

DarkWind went down on her knees, looking at her missing left hand spewing red/black blood with indifference. Closing her eyes for a brief moment, she summoned what darkness there was around her and regenerated her missing appendage. Opening her eyes, she glared up at Chemosh - green eyes reflecting red with gleeful bloodlust. Picking up her fallen sword, she slowly stood and spit blood from her mouth, "Oh...I bleed Lord Chemosh...I do indeed."

Conjuring darkness from within herself, DarkWind spun her serrated swords about herwith such speed they could barely be seen. Chemosh back away slightly, trying to find an opening - but the Shadowmancer found one first. Turning about, she brought both blades down hard into his right shoulder. With a sly wink - she tore them free and, reversing her spin, spun away from him, swords high and ready.

As the twin blades ripped Chemosh’s arm he gasped in disbelief as the demon ripped the blades from his shoulder he saw that infectious grin on her face as the chaos swirled around her once more. Shouting several words in an unknown language he vanished from the astral plain leaving Darkwind standing alone.

On a crisp wind Darkwind heard his words.

“The next time you won’t be so lucky Shade. I Will kill you. I’ve enjoyed our game of cat and mouse but next time I shall bury you.”